Sri Lanka vs Pakistan | 3rd Test | Pallekele | 07/08/12 | Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

imshally81

Senior Test Player
Runs
Play has delayed due to rain and unfortunately it is still drizzling at Pallekere.

from cricinfo
"Rain will help Pak seamers more," says Mohsin. "This ball is just 15 overs old. And moisture and dampness on the pitch will cause more swing and seam Specially to Junaid and Gul."

11.00 am "Another downpour," says Kanishkaa from Pallekele. "Chances are bleak."

I doubt we will have a result in this match

tumblr_lon3j9Dfqu1qlr140o1_r1_500.gif

from Cricbuzz

Some good news, Rain has stopped. But there is plenty of water on the covers. The mopping up should take a long time. Meanwhile, an early lunch has been taken.

Cricinfo: It's started drizzling again. If you didn't know already, it's going to be that sort of day. :facepalm: :facepalm:

Cricinfo : Stopped again. Sun just came out. That sort of day man," says Kanishkaa. Well don't read too much into it. Nothing to do but to keep calm and carry on.

So the umpires win the first test match for SL and then the rest of the series gets washed out?

If this match also goes down the drain (no pun) then this would be the most undeserved series loss since that dreaded West Indies series.

The only positive was we lost wickets yesterday and the game has moved quickly forward.

The rain will also act as a catalyst for the bowlers, hopefully.

As long as it keeps on raining , Pakistan will not be losing wickets :jf

It'll be a on off Test according to cricinfo.

Such a poor place to play cricket along with Windies.

This is what I posted in other thread. I don't think there Monsoon season ever ends.

Would have been more attractive if one of these names were given rather than Sri Lankan Premier League:-

• Rainy Premier League
  • Wet Premier League
  • Drizzling Premier League

Cricinfo : Right, it's pelting down again. Farhad: "I think Sri Lanka are going to be in trouble after play resumes because three fast bowlers are looking very dangerous, pitch and conditions will also help them." That's looking like a pipe dream for the moment :( :( :(

SL are a pathetic cowardly team

the only reason they will have won this series is due to biased and poor umpiring and weather

no wonder they will never be a top side

SL are a pathetic cowardly team
the only reason they will have won this series is due to biased and poor umpiring and weather

no wonder they will never be a top side

What a stupid comment. Umpires making mistakes or raining has nothing to do with SL.

When you bowl out a side for 100 runs in Test cricket you tend to win that match and that is exactly what SL did so they deserve to be 1 up.

1.30 pm "The way this pitch is playing, I don't think it makes a difference if we lose a day," says Abdul. "If Pakistan secure a lead, and pile on 150 odd runs, Sri Lanka won't survive the 4th innings. If Sri Lanka take the lead, Pakistan won't survive their 2nd innings. Either way, the match won't go to day 5." Assuming we don't lose too much time to the weather over the next few days. It's still raining by the way.

Jayawardene and his band of brothers have been heard singing for the last few days, the singing got louder and longer today.

Funny comment posted on cricinfo:

Aafaq: "Sami overs usually take long to complete but this one is getting really long."

seems like day 4 and 5 has a chance of full day play. Next 2 days maybe 30-40 overs max

1.50 pm Kanishkaa says that the umpires will decide at 2.00 pm

Considering the field is still covered, the Umpires will call it a day.

Close Of Play (Unofficially)

2.05 pm Here's another carrot. "The rain has stopped and it has brightened up," says Kanishkaa. No sign yet of the umpires.

Would be nice to get in some 20 overs today. We might bowl out SL :)

Funny comment posted on cricinfo:

Aafaq: "Sami overs usually take long to complete but this one is getting really long."

hehehehe......SAMI ..not so many of us here share a light comment like this..

2.15 pm The carrot's gone. It's drizzling again and getting heavier.

Seems like that's it!

^^

I would've been more impressed if you didn't copy that from cricinfo :))

What a stupid comment. Umpires making mistakes or raining has nothing to do with SL.

When you bowl out a side for 100 runs in Test cricket you tend to win that match and that is exactly what SL did so they deserve to be 1 up.

oh please

we would not have been bundled out for such a total if it wasn't for pathetic umpiring...did u even watch the match?

It will take time to mop up the rain, so no play will be possible today.

that's all, folks. Play has been called off for the second day. They will attempt to start play at 9.45 am on the third day, fifteen minutes early.

close.

oh please

we would not have been bundled out for such a total if it wasn't for pathetic umpiring...did u even watch the match?

The majority of the decisions went against us when we were bowling.

Ok, what would have happend if umpires called correctly when we were batting? We would have added another 50 runs?

Anyways our batsmen had no chance against their swing and spin. Even in this match only Asad and Misbah made runs and had they flopped we would have posted same kind of score here.

Of course there has been poor umpiring, really poor, but don't just blame the umpires, look instead at the broader picture which suggests Pakistan need to bat a lot better to avoid defeats in future.

Reminds me the home series we lost to zimbabwe in late 90s when we some home managed to lose the 1st test and 2nd/3rd tests were ruined by the weather. 3rd test didnt even see a ball being bowled.

i really dont understand why this tour was arranged for this time of year in SL when weather is notriously rubbish.

Lets hope we get 3 full days play in time remaining and see a positive result.

To be honest I'm so proud of the way we've fought through the series after the 1st Test. Junaid Shafiq and Azhar have been a revelation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back