Sri Lanka vs Zimbabwe | Group A | WC'11 | Pallekele | 10/03/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sri Lanka are gonna rack up something in excess of 400 here I believe.

I didn't say Zimbabwe wouldn't chase it down :afridi

Stupid decision from Zimbabawe to field first , I am sure Sanga couldn' quite believe his luck.

Sri Lanka Should beat the living hell out of Zimbabwe today, to make sure that zimbabwe's net run rate falls alot.

God Forbid, if Zimbabwe upsets Pakistan which Inshallah wont happen but even if it does, Zimbabwe's net run rate is bad enough so that they cannot cross over Pakistan

Do Zimbabwe think they are SA or Australia? If SL post 300+ zimbabwe have no chance on this wicket, dew won't be that big of a problem. NZ defended 300+ easily against Pakistan.

Really poor decision!

This Panyangara fellow is getting a mauling

Aur bowling karo pehle kamineo, matt wajji si inna pagla din! No one is stupid enough to bowl first against SL, in SL!

wow. zimbabwe being hammered here. if you do win Lanka, PLEASE give them a complete thrashing

now honestly, i hate to say this, but if this were Pakistan, our openers would be SO complacent. i'm all for intelligent, thoughtful cricket, but if bowlers are lofting up halwa balls, SMASH that thing! Lanka are under pressure to win this game, but look how confident their openers have come out.

khair, its ok. we'll get it done against Zim.. i'm just nervous.

I am usually up these days. I took a gap year from college :))

Good luck bhai! I know you will do well :butt

haha.. thank yous thank yous :zoni

NY is just so amazing to watch cricket. have you heard of that Australian bar near Masjid al-Rahman in Manhattan? (close to Penn Station?)

i was there last May and witnessed the carnage at the hands of Hussey in the T20 WC semi-final. God that game will be forever etched into mind.

without sounding too presumptuous about an entire nation.. but Sri Lankan barey mast rehtay hai

Last edited:
haha.. thank yous thank yous :zoni

NY is just so amazing to watch cricket. have you heard of that Australian bar near Masjid al-Rahman in Manhattan? (close to Penn Station?)

i was there last May and witnessed the carnage at the hands of Hussey in the T20 WC semi-final. God that game will be forever etched into mind.

No bro I live quite far from Manhattan (an hour and a bit). I'm in Long Island and have had no chance to explore Manhattan that much. Do you like Boston? :afridi

No bro I live quite far from Manhattan (an hour and a bit). I'm in Long Island and have had no chance to explore Manhattan that much. Do you like Boston? :afridi

got it. i can imagine you would just stick to your own borough. i've actually only been to NY twice, and that too only Manhattan. always wanted to see Brooklyn, perhaps this summer after I graduate.

love Boston. hate Boston sports. I'm a southern California native. miss home badly, but beantown is nice. lekin ghar ghar hai

got it. i can imagine you would just stick to your own borough. i've actually only been to NY twice, and that too only Manhattan. always wanted to see Brooklyn, perhaps this summer after I graduate.

love Boston. hate Boston sports. I'm a southern California native. miss home badly, but beantown is nice. lekin ghar ghar hai

Oh wow, well said! How long have you been in America? I came here when I was like 1 year old :)) but sahi kaha bhai jaan, ghar toh ghar he hota hai na :farhat

Oh wow, well said! How long have you been in America? I came here when I was like 1 year old :)) but sahi kaha bhai jaan, ghar toh ghar he hota hai na :farhat

haha, can you tell I'm a Laker fan?

I've been here since I was 5, but went to high school in Pak (yeah, ajeeb).. had a great time though and solidified my love for the game (and the country) in those years. miss it a ton.

haha, can you tell I'm a Laker fan?

I've been here since I was 5, but went to high school in Pak (yeah, ajeeb).. had a great time though and solidified my love for the game (and the country) in those years. miss it a ton.

Kind of, but I can read diamond boys rather well :gul
Lucky you, I would love to go back home for a bit... cricket is boring here really.

luckily, we have a decent cricket scene in LA. tape-ball weekends are quite frequent.

i miss the phaddey more than anything. har baat pe phadda :ahmed

back to match. boring. back to studying. peace and salaam

Sri lanka thrashing the Zims.

Why Zim didn't bat first?

112/0 after 19 ..

Dilshan cracking the minnows apart

wonder if Zimbabwe will ever get a wicket in this match ?

I'm not surprised that even against Zimbabwe Sri Lanka used the flat pitch in Kandy, whereas Pakistan had to play on the one that had grass on it.

I'm not surprised that even against Zimbabwe Sri Lanka used the flat pitch in Kandy, whereas Pakistan had to play on the one that had grass on it.

Same thing i was thinking why Pakistan dont get flat pitches against minnows :ahmed

156/0 after 27
dilshan 87*
Thuranga 63*

2 centuries on their wa i guess

and a total of 350+

Fixed! zimb win the toss and bowl? can zimb chase a target of 300+ that too under lights? ;-s

Post the jokes in the countless Kamran Akmal threads, but please don't ruin this one.

pls stick to the cricket, no more Akmal jokes or playing 'Where I Live In Amreeka.'

Zimbos are getting absolutely demolished here.

it is just 33 overs and Dilshan is on 109*....

Tendulkars records can easily be broken if Dilshan doesnt play silly fron here...

I would love it if DilShan breaks Tendulkhars records...

Saeed Anwar made 194 and it took like more then 10 years for someone to equal it and about 11 years to Break it, and now to break Tendukars records it will take less then a year lol!!!!

Saeed Anwar 194 was the best knock and match winning knock!!

Dilshan is a useless bat, if he broke Tendulkar's record I will kill him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back