Sri Lanka vs Zimbabwe | Group A | WC'11 | Pallekele | 10/03/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was actually talking about Utseya, funny video though :D

Taylor is the only real class batsman in this Zimbabwe lineup, Why aren't they playing the guy that scored 194?

Taylor is the only real class batsman in this Zimbabwe lineup, Why aren't they playing the guy that scored 194?

Because that 194 makes up nearly a third of his total runs scored across 40 innings. Meaning in the rest of his innings he's averaged about 10. :malik Must've eaten something very good on that day.

Zimbabwe playing for the run rate now. They can get to 280 at this rate.

Last edited:
man i'm hoping for a zimbabwean victory as when we will beat zimbabwe that will ensure SL is out of the World cup and we will finish second or third in the group.

OUT! :D

man i'm hoping for a zimbabwean victory as when we will beat zimbabwe that will ensure SL is out of the World cup and we will finish second or third in the group.

Hey with love from Canada! :D

Nah man i was supporting Zim aswell until i noticed this:

Guys i really hope SL dont slip up here.

If they do and zim win Pak & Zim will be on 6 & 4 points respectivly.

On monday its forcastd to rain if that hapens pak will be on 7 points & Zim on 5 points

After that if Zim beat Kenya (which is highly likely) they will also be on 7 points so unless Pak beat Aus it will be down to NRR.

On the other hand SL win today and it rains on Mondays match if im not mistaken i think thats Pak through

As long as monday god forbid doesnt go horribly wrong for us yes we are inshallah :D

We can breath easy now bro :afridi

We can lose both our games and go through.

Unless Zimbabwe beat us by a big margin, beat Kenya by a big margin, and we lose to Aus by a big margin.

Very unlikely.

OUT! :D

Hey with love from Canada! :D

Nah man i was supporting Zim aswell until i noticed this:

oh man..i didnt think about that.

but then...if SL wins today we will have to beat Australia to finish ahead of them otherwise face India ...

what do you want?

but then...if SL wins today we will have to beat Australia to finish ahead of them otherwise face India ...

what do you want?

I'm not scared of India....

Knocking them out in India would make up for our previous four defeats!

I'm not scared of India....

Knocking them out in India would make up for our previous four defeats!

yeah right me neither...only small matter is that we've never beaten them in world cups....that can have a huge psychological impact....

Hat trick catch dropped!!

what do you want?

Man we can do nothing about the rain on monday so the best thing here would be for SL to trash Zim..which is happening...and then for Pak to beat Aus inshAllah!

If by some miracle Zim win now and it rains on Mon...pak will have to beat Aus just to garuntee a place in teh QF never mind top the group

yeah right me neither...only small matter is that we've never beaten them in world cups....that can have a huge psychological impact....

We've never beaten SA, and if we face them, we'll probably think that.

Against India, we will be on fire. The hate will drive us.

The efficieny of SA could kill us.

England have always been a problem for us. When we've been the best, or the worst. West Indies also a thorn.

Honestly, India is the best option for us.

LOL! The Lankans are having an Akmal moment.

Jayawardene dropped a catch on Dilshan's hattrick ball! :facepalm:

We can lose both our games and go through.

Unless Zimbabwe beat us by a big margin, beat Kenya by a big margin, and we lose to Aus by a big margin.

Very unlikely.

Yea man now that Zim has more or less lost this game that is the case, but i would hate for it to go down to NRR speacially seeing how that might be coz of rain on monday

But inshallah now that SL is set to trash Zim in this game mashallah things are looking great for us :D

Andy Zaltzman is probably the funniest reporter/comedian guy I have seen this year :)))

Fantastic tweets regarding this match

Yea man now that Zim has more or less lost this game that is the case, but i would hate for it to go down to NRR speacially seeing how that might be coz of rain on monday

But inshallah now that SL is set to trash Zim in this game mashallah things are looking great for us :D

Rain will mean we go through. That will be our 7th point....

Wicket 7 down!

:murali strikes!

Big defeat on the cards here for Zim :yahoo

Yes, Sri Lanka will win by at least 100 runs looks like it.

Will make Zimb's run rate diabolical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back