The 3rd T20I between England and Pakistan called off due to a saturated outfield and persistent rain

Which side will win today's match between England and Pakistan?

• Total voters
PAK need to chase. Pitch was covered and this venue anyway is not particularly high scoring.

If they lose the toss and bat , you need around 180-185 to be safe

Won't be easy to do that batting first on this pitch.

So its on? Damn, heading towards 3-0? C'mon Iftimania prevent the whitewash!

Best way to respond is with a smile or banter.

Else they go in more and harder.
He has been doing that for long time probably, but I have no sympathy for him as he brought it on himself fo accepting captaincy so soon after flopping in his first stint and then keep players without merit.

The least I expect from anybody posting on a cricket forum, is to be able to identify who is a bowler, who is a batter and who is the keeper.

But that’s hardly surprising when you mix top order batsman with tailenders in the current team :yk3
Is that why you included butler? Maybe know the difference first before asking others.

The current lot are maybe tailenders but they are miles better than the fat fixer who you support. If you consider those lot tailender than maybe sharjeel would get into local Sunday team at times.

Pakistani lower order need to understand their is no need to keep hacking away instead of playing sensible ground shots that will result in same runs in the over and you will be sti there in last 2 or 3 overs to finish the match, rather than having g tail end players playing them.

I don’t deny that, it must be amusing for Rizwan, batting in T20’s like it’s a Test Match, and not even being able to do that properly! Moeen made him look like a bum
Moeen Ali is an international cricketer. Your fat boy was made to look like a bum by teams such as wing 999.

So back off now? Yessss! Will be able to keep the margin of defeat down now.

Buffer time of only 30 minutes, too less. Usually there is a buffer time of 1 hour for every T20 I match..

I can gather my coworkers who don’t even know what cricket is and get a win off this Pakistan “team” in a 3 match series.

A loser team with no backbone. Reduce them to associate status and let them battle it out with Ireland for king of the associates.

Irish players already give Pakistan players death stares like they are equals anyway.

Sophia Gardens is somewhat a fortress for England. They have won 8 out of 9 here. Pakistan has lost 3 out of 3 here. Only match they lost was in 2022 against SA

In an interview before a 3rd T20I between England and Pakistan, Nasser Hussain said:

"But chasing 180 plus, I'm a little bit more skeptical.

If they're chasing 160 with their batting lineup, I think they'll get over the line comfortably.

But 180 when they have to go a bit harder because of the vulnerabilities they've had historically in the middle order, means that Babar and Rizwan have to just go a bit more gently up top and then they fall behind.

So I think there's almost like a cut off around about 180 when Pakistan fans go, can we get that now?

After you lost to Ireland in the first game of that series, they had a little rethink and said, we're going to have to go hard and get to 200.

Batting first, we must look to get 200. But I didn't see that Edgbaston.

In the power play, Pakistan were ten for two in about three overs and they didn't go hard."

I guess very minimal prep for Pakistan before the WC. Team hasn’t gelled, combinations are up in the air.

I am hoping that during the World Cup when Pakistan get smashed to bits early on, they fly Sharjeel into the USA first class so he can save their campaign like Abdul Razzaq did in 2009.

‘Please lord make him a 360 player, give him the strength to exploit the PP overs, make sure he doesn’t pass out after attempting lofted shots.’

This is where we are at, looking for miracles. Rizwan is just not suited to T20’s and is like the black plague for Pakistan’s fortunes when it comes to chasing or setting up 200+ totals unless it’s Uganda etc
@PakEngFan note that Uganda has been mentioned in the post

I can gather my coworkers who don’t even know what cricket is and get a win off this Pakistan “team” in a 3 match series.

A loser team with no backbone. Reduce them to associate status and let them battle it out with Ireland for king of the associates.

Irish players already give Pakistan players death stares like they are equals anyway.
Ireland aren't associates. They have a test status.

He showed me the pitch on FaceTime

So far covers are on
Is the drainage system in Cardiff good?

Honestly I'm asking because I'm kinda looking forward to a 16 to 18 over game. It makes things more tense and a news to attack is further augmented

It was dry yesterday and will be dry tomorrow in Cardiff.

Not looking great on Thursday either in London, but good from Friday onwards.

Poor pathetic planning.

Ancient sport can't even move a day here or there.

Is the drainage system in Cardiff good?

Honestly I'm asking because I'm kinda looking forward to a 16 to 18 over game. It makes things more tense and a news to attack is further augmented
I don’t think it’s rained much today, it’s just rained in the last hour or so.

Shouldn’t take too long to drain. UK grounds are generally good

Please let it be 5 overs per innings and send Rizwan out to bat so I can bask in the glory of his complete range.

The paying audience would love to see the hoik to cow corner from various positions on the pitch and maybe a little chicken dance to go along with it.

Even I know Imad isn't a no. 5, but this is the only solution to the problem with the current squad.

Aside from Fakhar and Shadab - no one is good enough to play no. 5.

You either play Shadab or Abrar.
Why are we playing the good for nothing Azam Khan then. Why not drop him, and pick someone like Salman Agha or Usman Khan who know how to hold a bat.

Rizwan keeping:

*Batsmen play and miss*: Rizwan throws the ball in the air to celebrate

*Batsmen connects*: Rizwan shouts ‘ketchup’ (catch it) every time
You always looking to pick on our Riz.

Rizwan keeping:

According to misbah fans this is whatll happen in the world cup 2024.

Final: Australia vs Pakistan

Pakistan bats first and both rizwan and babar sher score 100+ scores setting a target of 200+.

Australia then walks in and starts dominating imad and Amir and beats them black and blue. All hope is lost until shadab amd chacha save the game by bowling and taking a 5 wicket haul each however Australia manages to tie the score.

Super over time and Australia walks in and hits 23 runs in the super over of Amir.

All hope is lost until babar walks into the super over, hits 6 4's in a super over and game is finished..Pakistan win the world cup.

Rizwan keeping:

Would you like to do an Azam Khan keeping one? where he rolls over the ball 10 mins after its gone past him? or misses a straight stumping?

The hate for Rizwan in some heads is real.

Watching this 2022 final

The world cricket fraternity was robbed. What a poor team to feature in a final (Pakistan)

Would you like to do an Azam Khan keeping one? where he rolls over the ball 10 mins after its gone past him? or misses a straight stumping?

The hate for Rizwan in some heads is real.
Azam the only one who scolds spinners for bowling tripe balls. Rizwan wants to give them hugs

Watching this 2022 final

The world cricket fraternity was robbed. What a poor team to feature in a final (Pakistan)
What's sad is Sri lanka bowled 11 wides before the first ball was even bowled in asia cup.

And in world cup 2022 the final, this was the only time we needed babar and rizzu to come good as the middle order from shan at no 4 amd everyone else from no 5 to 8 was a walking wicket.

Watching this 2022 final

Pak had a chance to win - Afridi injury came at a bad time.

The greatest 10 deliveries of contribution to the cause of the opposition:

0 (5)

Then 13-0 from 0.5 balls delivered.

England’s MOTM

The kind of performance Misbah and the SNGPL fraternity would be proud of

What is the issue?

Every other thread you guys show up with same stuff?

Is there nothing new you have to say?

Still raining in cardiff seems like we are heading towards the overs cut.

UyYxEEh.jpeg

YwzxD6g.jpeg

It was dry yesterday and will be dry tomorrow in Cardiff.

Not looking great on Thursday either in London, but good from Friday onwards.

Poor pathetic planning.

Ancient sport can't even move a day here or there.

Its always a gamble , if you pay for an extra day but it rains all week it’s twice the loss . Reason why they play 5 overs otherwise a full refund must be given .

It rains in summer more than ever now here in the UK . The only solution is to build stadiums with roofs or indoor arenas . Very expensive but a few India v Pak series will cover it :bumble2

What's sad is Sri lanka bowled 11 wides before the first ball was even bowled in asia cup.

And in world cup 2022 the final, this was the only time we needed babar and rizzu to come good as the middle order from shan at no 4 amd everyone else from no 5 to 8 was a walking wicket.
Bro you look like a passionate guy for pak but to keep blaming riz and baber is just not on what others are doing look they are giving saim all he wants he is opening and getting chances what more baber can do here if saim ayub has forgetten to bat for pak if the same saim was playing in cpl or psl he would have been smashing it so saim has to be blamed for his downfall.

What is the issue?

Every other thread you guys show up with same stuff?

Is there nothing new you have to say?
The issue has been the same for the past 4 years, this isn’t a sudden movement. It’s just grown from a few voices to many voices now.

The issue is that there is a certain group that I and others feel have hijacked Pakistan cricket and are continuing to go un-opposed.

4 years
2 batsmen
Both have played 97 and 118 T20s
Both have played in and around the same position
Both are ranked in the top 4 of the ICC T20 batting rankings

Yet Pakistan continues to decline. Why? If there isn’t an issue, why are we regressing?

Still raining in cardiff seems like we are heading towards the overs cut.

UyYxEEh.jpeg

YwzxD6g.jpeg

It’s the worst feeling at a cricket match .

I remember the first cricket match I attended at edgbaston 92 , I was only a small kid . It was strange sitting there doing nothing but was a day off school . The teacher insisted we stay seated but he was the only one with an umbrella & unwilling to share . So I decided to take a walk around the stadium & eventually bumped into waqar & wasim , they said hi & I replied if you bowl faster you’ll take wickets .

The players should take time to meet the fans , sitting in the rain to support your team isn’t fun

The issue has been the same for the past 4 years, this isn’t a sudden movement. It’s just grown from a few voices to many voices now.

The issue is that there is a certain group that I and others feel have hijacked Pakistan cricket and are continuing to go un-opposed.

4 years
2 batsmen
Both have played 97 and 118 T20s
Both have played in and around the same position
Both are ranked in the top 4 of the ICC T20 batting rankings

Yet Pakistan continues to decline. Why? If there isn’t an issue, why are we regressing?

Same voices bro in every other thread saying the same thing. Gets monotonous and loses its effectiveness.

Bro you look like a passionate guy for pak but to keep blaming riz and baber is just not on what others are doing look they are giving saim all he wants he is opening and getting chances what more baber can do here if saim ayub has forgetten to bat for pak if the same saim was playing in cpl or psl he would have been smashing it so saim has to be blamed for his downfall.
I don't only blame riz and babar though? I've torn apart saim numerous times.

Infact if you've been following my posts I advocated numerous domestic players who are far superior to players like shadab, chacha etc who aren't even in the picture.

Players like qasim akram, Mubashir Khan, Mehran Mumtaz, Zafar gohar etc.

I watch domestic as well.

As for Bobby and rizzu, these 2 need to learn to improve. This talent thing is a myth, Dhoni was am office boy before cricket. Players like kohli are good because they live and breathe the sport, not a single day is spent on not improving, not practising amd not getting better and fitter.

With statements like "I'm a t20 anchorer " or "mein kush nahi hoon no 5 pei" it means these 2 want to stay in their comfort zones, Meaning Bobby will never improve against spin, rizzu will never improve on the onside and both these 2 will max make seldom efforts to improve SR, while dozens of players like fakhar have improved and making efforts such as falhar playing more unorthodox strokes and onside shots now, whereas 4 years ago he was mostly a legside hack.

@emranabbas

Update? Google says its stopped raining and apple weather, actually I'm just gonna through ny apple watch in he dustbin bro is telling me it's sunny with a bit of cloud

Back