The 3rd T20I between England and Pakistan called off due to a saturated outfield and persistent rain

Which side will win today's match between England and Pakistan?

• Total voters
Batting line up for a 5 over game?

Fakhar
Saim
Iftikhar
Azam
Shaheen
Shadab

Looks like a good top six for 30 balls

Fakhar
Saim
Iftikhar
Azam
Shaheen
Shadab

Naw rizzu opening in this 5 over game. Chalo we get to see the 6 4's today

I don't only blame riz and babar though? I've torn apart saim numerous times.

Infact if you've been following my posts I advocated numerous domestic players who are far superior to players like shadab, chacha etc who aren't even in the picture.

Players like qasim akram, Mubashir Khan, Mehran Mumtaz, Zafar gohar etc.

I watch domestic as well.

As for Bobby and rizzu, these 2 need to learn to improve. This talent thing is a myth, Dhoni was am office boy before cricket. Players like kohli are good because they live and breathe the sport, not a single day is spent on not improving, not practising amd not getting better and fitter.

With statements like "I'm a t20 anchorer " or "mein kush nahi hoon no 5 pei" it means these 2 want to stay in their comfort zones, Meaning Bobby will never improve against spin, rizzu will never improve on the onside and both these 2 will max make seldom efforts to improve SR, while dozens of players like fakhar have improved and making efforts such as falhar playing more unorthodox strokes and onside shots now, whereas 4 years ago he was mostly a legside hack.
Ya made solid points can disagree here expecially with fakhar how he proved from leg side hack to full range player i always wonder why cant chacha shadab saim and others cant implement that

Fakhar
Saim
Iftikhar
Azam
Shaheen
Shadab

Yar plz remove this Saim guy from ur list

better to go with Usman but a big no for this no-look fantasy pro

Ya made solid points can disagree here expecially with fakhar how he proved from leg side hack to full range player i always wonder why cant chacha shadab saim and others cant implement that
Saim is trying to loft everything into the god damn stands despite not having any power. He doesn't have a technique issue. I don't know why he can't just nudge it down to legside behind the keeper for a 4, what's the need to loft, he's also gotten out on the onside by top edging it 50 feet into the air. Like bro needs to stop, rely on cover drives, take singles, play cuts shots on backfoot against spin, play pull, don't legside loft 24/7. Idkw any coach hasn't identified this.

Chacha is useless, Slow reactions, poor footwork, just waits for the arc, he's aged, Theirs no hope for him, he ain't 22-29.

As for shadab, he ain't a batter, he holds everything with a bottom hand so he can only ever slice or loft. His tulle bazi 40 of 20 will work 1 in 25 games lol.

As for why they don't improve, it's also about working smarter not harder.

Kohli isn't standing with a bat playing 500 deliveries a day randomly, he's understanding areas of improvement. In 2012 against junaid Khan he was clueless against that unplayable inswing, however now he never gets out to shaheen inswing which is far more deadly then JK ever was with that ball, and that's because if you notice now, Kohli has developed the habit of taking 3 steps forward and cross batting it for a single or boundary. This was a shot that was absent in 2012.

No one is telling saim to loft everything, or shadab to bottom hand everything. They can't identify this, and even if they can shadab doesn't have the mentality to improve. Saim does but the kid is clueless on how, he needs a good teacher and mentor so hopefully someone helps.

Babar's advice to the kid on saying hey bro go out their and hit 80 of 5 isn't advice. Saim needs a ricky pointing just like Micheal Clark had.

My sources tell me it will continuously rain whole night. May be clear for an hour or two but showers will be back.

We're well on our way reducing 4-0 drubbing by half 💪

Can’t believe they don’t have a reserve day knowing full well that in the UK there is every chance of rain

Some news, courtesy of Matt: "8.10 inspection if no further rain… but it is raining." Well, I didn't say if it was good or bad

From Cricinfo.

I don't think people are understanding when they claim why can't write schedule or move a day or 2.

Broadcasting rights are expensive and it's not as easy. Other shows have allocates time slots booked.

Only bcci have the power to make change due to their insane hold on broadcasters thanks to their 250 to 500M revenue yearly from icc and God knows how many billionaires giving bcci even more billions through franchise.

Shan Masood "If you had told me before the series that we would be behind by only one game going into Game 4, I would have taken it. I'm proud of my boys the way they held on so far"

I think there will be a game. Still more than an hour from cutoff. Probably a 8-9 over game.

In a reduced overs game, what excuse will Babar make?

“We were 10 overs short of the score we would have liked”

20:00 Local Time We'll have an inspection in 10 minutes time (8:10 pm), but it has started to rain once again

It stopped raining, groundstaff came into action..

An inspection time was decided, but it has started to rain again..

lineup if its 5-8 over game:
Saim
Usman
Azam
Iftikhar
Shadab
Imad
Babar
Shaheen
Nasim
Amir
Abbas Afridi

looks like raining again based on webcame, i see someone walking with umbrella

1 hour left for a 5 overs match to be played : the rain has stop in the next 30 minutes which will leave atleast 30 minute to make the ground match ready. Looks extremely difficult now.

LOL

Even the game on Thursday could suffer the same fate.

Best to quickly arrange a game over the weekend.

Nice holiday for the boys. Next leg of the holiday in the US coming up. Hope they have their restaurant itineray prepared.

so we have only 2 games till india game and not sure of opener slot, which of 3 or if 4 pacers to play, and leg spinner. at this point treat the US game as another practice game and given chance to all those in contention while resting shaheen, rizwan, etc., to ensure we can pick and choose. maybe even play shadab and abrar together next 2 games, rest Imad.

It’s just bad luck too. Any day either side of match day is not affected by rain.

They should just re-arrange it and refund and give them free entry if they want it.

If cricket can't be played in the rain then they have to be more flexible than this.

so we have only 2 games till india game and not sure of opener slot, which of 3 or if 4 pacers to play, and leg spinner. at this point treat the US game as another practice game and given chance to all those in contention while resting shaheen, rizwan, etc., to ensure we can pick and choose. maybe even play shadab and abrar together next 2 games, rest Imad.
Practice game?

USA are not just going to roll over at home against Babar Azam

Both teams should call off the final T20I, head to the Caribbean rightaway and play a warmup each.
They should've called off the series after the first game. But yea they should seriously consider going to US now and playing warm ups instead.

This team has been playing for the best of two years.

It's settled.

it may not be very good...but its settled.

This team has been playing for the best of two years.

It's settled.

it may not be very good...but its settled.
Squad of 15 is settled. But main playing 11 has question marks:
1. Saim plays or Usman
2. Shadab plays as all rounder, batsman, or doesn't play
3. Abrar plays as second spinner
4. If need 4 seamers based on condition and also Shadab form, then which 2 play between Haris, Abbas, and Nasim

Those are few key questions that needed to be answered before India game.

This has to be one of the worst phases in our cricket so far.

They are totally incapable of stringing a few wins together, give up easily during the match. I have seen them give up after 2 overs sometimes.

T20 masks the problems but in the 50 over format like in the last world cup, absolutely shambolic.

one big positive, fakhar continues to stay in form, otherwise we risk him losing his form, only guy who is keeping our hopes up.

Great result for us we wnt lose 4 0 or 3 0 ..i am still sure we will NOT make out of our group with this team..

Great result for us we wnt lose 4 0 or 3 0 ..i am still sure we will NOT make out of our group with this team..

A couple of rained out games and we will really struggle to progress into the Super 8's

England can’t beat us even in their backyard.
Once Archer came back, they stomp us 24/7. Its not up for debate.

England's biggest gripe was put of form players, put of practise players who haven't played for 4 years and toothless bowling.

That isn't the case anymore. Stokes and root are gone, will jacks and salt are proper full fledged t20 bats. Although their no 5 to no 8 is a bit on the weaker side but nowhere nears as bad as our no 5 to no 8.

Bowling wise Archer, Rasheed and even moeen ali whos a significantly inporoved bowler now makes a difference and in t20 that's a 8 to 12 over advantage they have.

Once Archer came back, they stomp us 24/7. Its not up for debate.

England's biggest gripe was put of form players, put of practise players who haven't played for 4 years and toothless bowling.

That isn't the case anymore. Stokes and root are gone, will jacks and salt are proper full fledged t20 bats. Although their no 5 to no 8 is a bit on the weaker side but nowhere nears as bad as our no 5 to no 8.

Bowling wise Archer, Rasheed and even moeen ali whos a significantly inporoved bowler now makes a difference and in t20 that's a 8 to 12 over advantage they have.
You do know I was joking, right? lol

I think Archer was off the other night, he didn’t bowl good. His real rest would be against a good batting team.

You do know I was joking, right? lol

I think Archer was off the other night, he didn’t bowl good. His real rest would be against a good batting team.
Naw, Archer too 2 wickets only conceded 28 runs despite being pelted into oblivion by fakhar.

None of pur bats besides fakhar can play him. Fakhar when switched on can play and attack anyone including the likes of jansen, Bumrah but switched off he's a tail ender.

The rest all flop willy nilly. If Babar and rizwan perform against quality bowlers their mostly walls, and not really suited for t20 but they can hold the line atleast.

Everyone else from chacha, to azam to shadab to saim to usman khan will all flop

Back