The Ashes | 2nd Test | Adelaide | Day 4 | 6/12/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
He very rarely bowls as low as 82 in England. He's quite a quick spinner and gets turn from that pace. He's caused problems today bowling at that speed but hasn't had the luck.

25 down, small matter of about 150 to go :yk

Quite clear from the first 25 overs, that Swann is either going to win England the match or its going to be a draw

Can't see the quickies getting wickets regularly

Swann looks good, and Finn/Broad look capable of holding up an end. Still lots of cricket to be played.

We make it to lunch 78 for no loss - 150 overs left to survive for a draw

When to bowl no bowl :amir:

Draw is the result beta so no more no balls :wasim

okay match fix done:butt

Relax I will be back :kami

I think if England get a few then they can get them all. Going to be hard to play oneself in against Swann as the game goes on.

agree with that Whippy, Aussies were scoring freely at the start, runs have since dried up a little, pitch is going to offer more turn to Swann as the match goes on - match is finely balanced imo

I'm sure the fans that are relative newcomers to the game will be thinking that Australia are guaranteed the draw now. It was an ordinary session for England, but they can still win. Wickets tumble towards the end of the game.

I'm sure the fans that are relative newcomers to the game will be thinking that Australia are guaranteed the draw now. It was an ordinary session for England, but they can still win. Wickets tumble towards the end of the game.

Im the boss Draw:waqar

One can most certainly bring a few but with the weather looking dodg,y 4 odd sessions to bat isn't too hard at all.

Well, one of these sessions needs to see five wickets or so. We need a really dramatic session. Draw is the favourite, but England will still fancy themselves.

I think England can win this test match but by bowling fiery spells..
Swann is the key.. A bit of luck is needed..

But I think Draw will be the final result because of the weather and Aus will try there best to bat out and survive.

One thing is certain, England will get chances and need to take them. Cook has been poor at short leg and needs to up his game.

Let's hope Swann has called home and made sure his cat is fine, it will settle him down.

Draw is the most likely but an England win not far behind. Need Swann (most likely) to trigger a collapse with 2-3 wickets in quick time.

Swann looking dangerous, still think he needs to go about 82-83 to be more menacing

Definitely going to be a big collapse coming up. All it takes is one wicket and if you can snap up Ponting quickly, the rest will follow. After Ponting there's only Hussey to stop, really.

Well, one of these sessions needs to see five wickets or so. We need a really dramatic session. Draw is the favourite, but England will still fancy themselves.

England should win this game. if they don't i would blame Strauss for -ve field placing :|

Definitely going to be a big collapse coming up. All it takes is one wicket and if you can snap up Ponting quickly, the rest will follow. After Ponting there's only Hussey to stop, really.

I wouldn't rule Punter out. If he gets in he would be hard to remove.

His 156 (second innings) in 05 at Old Trafford was the best Ashes hundred imo. Nobody else got to 40. I think he's still got it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/shared...et/scorecards/2005/8/11845/html/scorecard.stm

Definitely agree with you there King. If they don't get him quickly, he'll get his eye in and settle, which is bad for England.

He needs to put the pull shot away, at least early on in his innings.

England have the spark, they need to get the collapse going now.

Swann gets one to purr. Close edge but England can now get on with it.

Ponting king pair.

Spinning down the leg side. Off the king pair, still on a pair.

Oh, lunging forward but it doesn't go to short leg.

Ponting will probably struggle here against Swann, he's never liked offspinners.

Fine over. Massive rip out of those rough marks. 2 right handers now as well so Swann could run through Australia quickly here.

Strauss should bring on Pietersen for a few. Might be an inspired move, he's made a double ton - could be his test. Not the worst offie. :kami

Anderson has bowled too short today. Watson happy to leave because he knows it won't swing.

Still, good result for England. Swann Vs Ponting on a pair next over.

Anderson just needs to keep bowling maidens. There is only one real wicket-taking threat right now, and he's at the other end.

Really, Swann is the only guy looking remotely threatening. Hes gotta win it for them

:)))

Not even two great balls there but all England fielders creating huge pressure with their ooh and aahs.

Another maiden, very good over. Played well by Ponting.

Ponting still not off the mark. Tsk tsk.

Suddenly chances of a win looking better for england

4 maidens in a row.

Adelaide 2006 collapse on the cards? :D

Prior shouting like hes having an orgasm or something :facepalm:

I love watching Swann bowl. Too good, bringing off spin back :ajmal

This is why i was so excited for this Ashes series, for one Bowler only. Loving this from Swann

To be honest, Ponting played Swann well, apart from that one arm ball.

But you have a feeling Swann needs 4-5 out of Aussies top 7 at least.

Quickies don't look like they can do bulk of the damage

This is where Wasim and Waqar used to bowl bouncers and yorkers get them hopping about at the other end too. :akhtar

Crap bowling by Anderson but a clear plan. Watson is being tempted outside off so they keep Ponting against Swann.

Doesn't work - single to Watson. Ponting to face one.

Anderson just drying an end up

Unless Watson makes a mistake, wicket ain't coming from this end

If it was to Ajmal, he would have made Off spin bowling extinct.

No it was to Swann but no need to be such a negative nelly. Both are good offie's in their own right.

Do you get bored following Pak cricket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back