The Ashes | 5th Test | Sydney | Day 4 | 6/1/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friend786

First Class Captain
Runs
And we have some breaking news for you. Andrew Miller at the SCG has learnt that Paul Collingwood has told the team that this is his last Test.

England should declare when lead is 250 they could still win this match on day 5

if the conditions are overcast then aussie batsmen are in deep trouble

Hmmm I know Aussies have become very bad but could they be bowled out in under 1 day?

I reckon a lead of 250 is great to have on this pitch but if England really do want to win the Ashes 3-1 then I would say not to bat for too long and get the Aussies in atleast 40 overs to play on Day 4 then finish the job on the last day.

Australia's bowling attack has been made to look like a joke so I expect Prior and the rest of the lower order to cash in. Strauss isn't someone who likes to declare early and I suspect he would want to bat once only and not be sent in last. England will probably bat the first two sessions if they can and wait to be bowled out.

Australia's bowling attack has been made to look like a joke so I expect Prior and the rest of the lower order to cash in. Strauss isn't someone who likes to declare early and I suspect he would want to bat once only and not be sent in last. England will probably bat the first two sessions if they can and wait to be bowled out.

What lead do you think Strauss will be happy with or feel safe to win by an innings again?

The English commentators having a very big go at Philip Hughes and the Australians with regard to that catch that was claimed against Cook yesterday!

Quite nice this, the Aussies getting roasted from all angles :)

I think England will add another 80-100 runs and then be out. Then we will see little resistance from Aussies but all in all, this match will be over by Lunch tomorrow.

Add Beer to the list of failed Aus spinners post-Warne?

Prior striking at near 100 LOL, this is test cricket.

Cant believe this. Did not expect this. I hope aust can atleast draw?

The only way Australia can draw is bat out 1 and half days and I don't think they will last that long England to win by an innings again

Prior is just 16 away from his hundred.

Meanwhile, Siddle has brought up his century.. :14:

Steve 'Warne rates me' Smith into the attack, going at 5 an over.

Prior moves into the 90s.

Prior is just 16 away from his hundred.

Meanwhile, Siddle has brought up his century.. :14:

Dont get me wrong Siddle does tend to annoy me with his attitude more often than not.

However Michael Holding did raise a good point about Siddle, the pitch is offering nothing, the suns baking down, Australia are pretty much out of the game, the score is nearing 550...yet Siddle is still bounding in full steam putting everything into it....bowling bouncers yorkers..just not giving up at all.

A lot of bowlers would just go through the motions at this stage, however as much as Siddle annoys me he deserves credit for this effort imo.

Dont get me wrong Siddle does tend to annoy me with his attitude more often than not.

However Michael Holding did raise a good point about Siddle, the pitch is offering nothing, the suns baking down, Australia are pretty much out of the game, the score is nearing 550...yet Siddle is still bounding in full steam putting everything into it....bowling bouncers yorkers..just not giving up at all.

A lot of bowlers would just go through the motions at this stage, however as much as Siddle annoys me he deserves credit for this effort imo.

True, I like the guy. Pretty average most of the time but a typical third seamer. He hasn't got any support from the opening bowlers which is what these first change options need but has been a real tryer nevertheless.

550 up for England. Clarke not taking the new ball even though Prior is in the 90s.

Australia scored 280.. :|

And Smith gives up 10 in that over to Bresnan.. take the new ball now please. :facepalm:

And Prior gets the hundred against spin. Very good innings.

3 centuries for England, what a game for their batsmen.

What a shot to bring up his century and at a very quick rate too, very well played.

Fastest England Ashes century since Botham in 1981.

hope Khwaja gets a 100. dont care about if aus loose or win. ENG will win the ASHES which is good to see

This is absolute carnage here, the aussie attack just looks so toothless....

I'm not sure if its because the pitch is flat or because the aussie attack is so toothless, but you cant even tell the new ball has been taken!

Time will tell I guess...when the England attack have a bowl on this pitch.

hmmm India - SA series seem most interesting... unless of course you are an English fan :D

And they said Mitchell was the next Brett Lee and Steven Smith the next Shane Warne...

I'm not sure if its because the pitch is flat or because the aussie attack is so toothless, but you cant even tell the new ball has been taken!

Time will tell I guess...when the England attack have a bowl on this pitch.

Because MJ is not a new ball bowler and because Hilfenhaus is meat and drink to these English batsmen in Australian conditions. Actually, the fact that he's done so well at Aus domestic level with his swing shows how much Australia struggle against that type of bowling.

lol at the Australian press,

apparently there were headlines such as: "A star is born" and "Genius" with regards to Usman Khwajas 37 :)))

My word the Aussie cupboard must be really bare :))

Meanwhile Prior slams another boundary.

Yep, should declare now. Strauss probably won't though.

That was a good catch by michael clarke actually in the slips

Steve 'Warne rates me' Smith into the attack, going at 5 an over.

Prior moves into the 90s.

The best Aussie spinner since Warne retired....

erm.... Shane Warne.

Even now he would be one a completely different level to the rest.

Did mitchell johnson give bresnan a send off there?

Somebody needs to point the scoreboard to him and it will say:

England lead by 316 runs

Swann looks a bit Rainaish against bouncers at times. Good tactic.

6 out of the top 7 English batsmen have scored a 100 in this series, the one that hasn't just
retired.

I support England when they are winning and plus the coverage of ashes looks stunning in HD so I watch atleast the 1st session every night but today I missed the 1st hour but am going now to watch the end of inning sixes by swan and prior.

market didn't even move a tick following that dismissal of Bresnan and Swann going into blast mode

it's still 1/2 England, 2/1 Draw and 300/1 Aussies

my book reads

Aussies - £568.34

Draw + £54.50

England + £793.31 :)

I might have to transfer some of that England profit over to the draw to give my book more balance just in case Strauss is very conservative with a declaration

im actually hoping that Swann and Tremlett get out cheaply to force the issue

Good cricket by England. They should just throw the bat now..

StrUss is an idiot, bent on tiring his bowlers. Just declare for ffs

Can't believe this team was supposed to hammer England or 5-0 according to some angry young kiddos here. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back