The Ashes | 5th Test | Sydney | Day 4 | 6/1/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
watson is poor against spin.. swann need to bowl here a bit new bowl will get more bounce...

England are trying make the bowl swing,, better to try bowl the channel and look for edge

England bowlers are looking useless.. pitch is very flat here now...give the damn bowl to swann..

I am sure England know by now the way to get Watto is to let him make 40 or so runs and then he will gift his wicket.

Khawaja blinked 14 times when his little intro video was played! 14 times in like 5 seconds

This boy Khawaja seems to have some serious issues against spin, I can see him becoming a sitting duck on turners in sub continent...

This boy Khawaja seems to have some serious issues against spin, I can see him becoming a sitting duck on turners in sub continent...

1) Lucky there aren't any turners on the subcontinent anymore.

2) He is not going to face any decent spin in Aus domestic cricket now is he? You all have seen our best spinners....

Looks like Usman can't play spinners that well. Oh well!

There is always room for improvement in every player.

nooooooooooooooooo nooooooooooooooooo nooooooooooooooooo nooooooooooooooooo nooooooooooooooooo nooooooooooooooooo nooooooooooooooooonooooooooooooooooo

Looks like its all down to Hussey and Haddin once again to try and salvage something.

A 3-1 series loss looks likely though and that's quite simply an embarassment at home!!!

Haddin is a liability. We need Paine for long term and captaincy FFS

Haddin is a liability.
What are you on about? Haddin has been the next best batsmen for Oz this ashes after Hussey. He's averages around 50.

I like Paine, but he's a pretty average keeper.

He's has a passs score series compared to some of our other batters but plays like a millionaire every time he is at the crease. Constantly flashing.

We need someone who is steady and can build an innings now we no longer dominate teams.

Innings defeat looking highly likely ... the post McGrath and Warne era is now starting to really hurt!!!

He's has a passs score series compared to some of our other batters but plays like a millionaire every time he is at the crease. Constantly flashing.

We need someone who is steady and can build an innings now we no longer dominate teams.

Disagree ... If Haddin is scoring 50 runs each game he deserves his spot. I don't particularly like Haddin either, but he is no flasher. This series he has proven he can bat. Plus Paine is not a consolidator either, he also likes to go for his shots.

Disagree ... If Haddin is scoring 50 runs each game he deserves his spot. I don't particularly like Haddin either, but he is no flasher. This series he has proven he can bat. Plus Paine is not a consolidator either, he also likes to go for his shots.

If you don't think he is a flasher we are not watching the same game.

He consistently refuses to change his game to suit the situation. Even Gilchrist used to temper his pace.

Haddin looks great when it comes off, but he consistently refuses to do the tough yards and get out batting like a millionaire. Not good for team discipline.

Its one thing to lose fighting till the end but to lose 3 test matches at home, that also by an innings.

Honestly speaking, aussie problems run much deeper than the captaincy. The players are just not good enough. The batting has let them down the most and the only difference was that unlike the past the bowlers weren't good enough to bail them out anymore.

Tremlett is looking really, really good - acurate, swinging it both ways, lifters.... an English Garner!

This series has become boring as Australia are not giving any fightback against the Poms . Losing three tests by an innings against the Poms is a disaster . Poms arent even that good a side , India will thrash them at their own home home next year

Well done england on another brilliant day of cricket.

Australia set for another Inns defeat!

what humilation (At home as well)

This series has become boring as Australia are not giving any fightback against the Poms . Losing three tests by an innings against the Poms is a disaster . Poms arent even that good a side , India will thrash them at their own home home next year

Looking for some cheap thrills?

England are playing such good cricket that they are not even giving Australia a breathing space in their own backyard, yet they are still not that good? They are giving Australia exceptional whooping for team thats only a league above them in the ranking, yet the difference between the two sides look huge on the field.

Do you honestly think that England will get thrashed in their own conditions? No chance I'm afraid!

Do you honestly think that England will get thrashed in their own conditions? No chance I'm afraid!

They were the last time India played England in England . Indian team have grown more stronger than before, besides the only reason the English team looks strong is because the Australians are playing extremely poor cricket .

Looking for some cheap thrills?

England are playing such good cricket that they are not even giving Australia a breathing space in their own backyard, yet they are still not that good? They are giving Australia exceptional whooping for team thats only a league above them in the ranking, yet the difference between the two sides look huge on the field.

Lets wait for the series then

They were the last time India played England in England . Indian team have grown more stronger than before, besides the only reason the English team looks strong is because the Australians are playing extremely poor cricket .

Or maybe Australians are looking so poor because English team have grown a lot stronger than before. Its all about the wording.

Indians can harp about their last series victory all day long and think beating England in England will be walk in park, but England on the other might repeat their Ashes performance if they put their hearts and minds into defeating number one test team in their own backyard, just like they are doing this in the current Ashes series.

England is now a completely different team under Andy Flower & Strauss. Anderson has matured into a quality fast bowler, one of the best in the world. Tremlett looks awesome, Swann is the best spinner in the world. If Graeme Onions can return from injury then England will have one the best attacks in the world, especially when the ball swings.

We bat down to 9 or 10 & every batsman is scoring big runs with the exception of Collingwood who has just retired. Like I've said earlier, if we can beat a Pakistan side at home who had Amir & Asif bowling in swinging conditions, we can thrash the Indian pie throwers into a pulp.

England victory for me.

I don't see any Indian team thrashing us in our home conditions.

This is a very very strong English side. Granted we are garbage but they are very strong and very disciplined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back