The Babar Azam versus Virat Kohli comparison

IMO fakhar zaman is better than the mediocre babar and kohli....fakhar showed us all once again what he is capable of....he singlehandedly defeated mighty Indian team to win a ICC trophy and now created world record in SA

So, Kohli has won 36 tests by now. How many losses then- 9??

:yk

Adding Rohit to the comparison against top teams and also including India-Pakistan LOIs we have:

Tests:

Kohi 10 Tests 43.2 Avg
Babar 7 Tests, 43.9 Avg
Rohit 9 Tests 71.64 Avg

https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/e...9;spanval1=span;template=results;type=batting

https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/e...9;spanval1=span;template=results;type=batting

ODIs:

Kohli 17 games 47.3 Avg @ S/R 92.0
Babar 12 games 65.6 Avg @ S/R 93.4
Rohit 11 games 68.3 Avg @ S/R 93.4

https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/e...9;spanval2=span;template=results;type=batting

T20Is:

Kohli 14 games 55.1 @ S/R 138.4
Babar 10 games 38.3 @ S/R 137.8
Rohit 9 games 31.5 @ S/R 143.2

https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/e...9;spanval2=span;template=results;type=batting

So, against top opposition over the last 2 years, Rohit has been ahead of both Kohli and Babar in the two top categories, far ahead of both in Tests and marginally ahead of Babar in ODIs. Is therefore Rohit better than Kohli? I think Rohit will be an ATG, but Kohli should still be considered marginally better at this point of time. These comparisons are obviously very sensitive to the time period chosen.

[MENTION=147314]topspin[/MENTION] [MENTION=76058]cricketjoshila[/MENTION] [MENTION=134809]sensible-indian-fan[/MENTION] [MENTION=141114]Hasan123[/MENTION] [MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION] [MENTION=146594]BreadPakoda[/MENTION] [MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION]

Rohit is a great batsman but Kohli over him too. While he bossed the WC, Rohit had a golden chance in Oz to become a hero but he let Gill and Pant run the show.

This is best opportunity for Babar to compete with Kohli
It seems to me Kohli has lost the drive and hunger to score big knocks. In fact he is not even bothered by that now. Just satisfied with some 50s
But make no mistake he is not out of form or anything , if he gets back the mojo he will have a gluttony of runs again

Babar has to go long way even to be consider great player let alone great among great. He is softie like his cousin and perform well when nothing to loose.
Even the inning of Fakhar yesterday, Babar can never go that stage. He doesn't have range of big score plus he cannot cope with any pressure with any quality bowler.

This is true. Impressed with Fakhar. Babar is a huge talent, but does not have the stomach to fight yet what Fakhar has shown.

Stats are all good but the reason Kohli is rated so highly especially in LOIs is because of the kind of innings he has played.

Babar can average 60 at strike rate of 90 but he will still remain an inferior batsman to Kohli because of lack of memorable innings.

Kohli's knock in Asia Cup final, Hobart, 52 ball 100 vs MJ, WT20 2016 knockout vs Aus, WT20 2014 semis vs SA etc are all iconic knocks.

Babar hasn't yet shown the potential or calibre to play knocks like this.

I don’t care about my credibility on this forum because 99% of the posters are delusional and know nothing about cricket.

Their views and opinions would have been completely different if they were born on the different side of the border.

I don’t need to certifications of approval from these people.

These so-called experts lack perception as well. These ex-Pakistani players and analysts have no cricketing IQs and it is amazing that they even had the ability to play international cricket, while the so-called experts in the UK needlessly pander to Pakistan cricket because they are psychologically damaged by the era of Wasim and Waqar when Pakistan pulverized English cricket largely thanks to ball-tampering.

The reality is that if Babar was in India, his stats would have been completely different because he would not be playing in the top 3 because of Rohit, Kohli and Dhawan.

In Test cricket, he would not be getting a free ride like he did from 2016 to 2018 because the competition in India is very high.

Karun Nair’s career was ended 3-4 matches after he scored a 300 against England. In Pakistan, a batsman who scored a 300 against England, let alone in his second Test, will milk that performance for the rest of his career.

KL Rahul scored 199 vs England and was dropped a few Tests later. Pant scored hundreds on his first tours of Australia and England was dropped soon after.

Agarwal scored a double hundred and a 150 against South Africa against the same bowling attack against which Babar failed few months back, but Agarwal cannot nail his place because the competition is intense.

Pakistani fans should think twice and thrice before embarrassing themselves by comparing their batsmen to India’s. India is a totally different beast as far as expectations from batsmen are concerned.

Dhawan cannot find a place in the Test team in spite of averaging in the 40s and then look at our openers.

Babar would be considered just a decent player in India while in Pakistan, he is considered the best thing since sliced bread.

The issue that is Pakistan is such a poor side with so little talent and skill that any good player gets hyped to the moon and beyond.

I mean our fans are so delusional that they are even comparing the batting capabilities of Rizwan and Pant.

Babar is a quality batsman but he is in the same league as the support cast of Indian batting such KL Rahul, Iyer, Agarwal etc.

He is not anywhere near the level of Kohli and Rohit or Pujara in Tests. Kohli and Rohit are better batsmen than anyone we have ever produced.

People downplay Rohit’s record in Test cricket but you put him in the same side as Inzamam, Yousuf, Younis etc. and he will outperform them all. His skill level is incredibly high.

Our fans really need to stop deluding themselves by comparing their players with Indians. The Indian cricket is several notches above Pakistan in terms of talent, skill and mentality.

We simply do not have the capacity to produce players, especially batsmen, who could compete with the best that India has to offer.

Ah cat is out of the bag...so Kohli has such a great supporting cast n still struggling but Babar with nothing around him needs to do x y z to get appreciation from a fake fan like you

Bravo

Ah cat is out of the bag...so Kohli has such a great supporting cast n still struggling but Babar with nothing around him needs to do x y z to get appreciation from a fake fan like you

Bravo

If that is what you inferred from my post I don’t think I can or have the energy to help you.

No Pakistani batsman, past or present, is fit enough to tie Kohli’s shoelaces in spite of him “struggling”.

It is much easer for a good batsman to thrive in a weak lineup especially when he is playing in the top-order.

There is no pressure on Babar to win matches because every time Pakistan plays a top side, it is expected to lose.

Babar can bat at his own pace and his tempo without worrying about anything because he does not face competition from anyone, simply because Pakistan has no talent.

In Tests, he failed for 2 years but there was no pressure on him getting dropped from the team because there was no one of his caliber waiting in domestic cricket.

Young Indian batsmen are subjected to far more pressure and scrutiny because the level of competition is so intense. If you fail there will be 5 other batsmen waiting to grab a chance.

Your place is not secure even when you score a 300 in only your second Test against Anderson & Broad.

If a young Pakistani batsman scores a 300 in only his second Test against bowlers like Anderson & Broad, he will do bhangra over it for the next 10 years and play 80+ Tests purely on that performance alone.

Things are so bad in Pakistan that we are treating a 35 year old (Fawad) like a hero only because he is averaging 35 post comeback and scored a couple of baby hundreds.

An Indian batsman making his comeback at the age of 35 and averaging 35 while showing lack of temperament to score big hundreds would have his career terminated for good.

I can go on and on....and on but I hope by now you can see where I am going in the first place.

If that is what you inferred from my post I don’t think I can or have the energy to help you.

No Pakistani batsman, past or present, is fit enough to tie Kohli’s shoelaces in spite of him “struggling”.

It is much easer for a good batsman to thrive in a weak lineup especially when he is playing in the top-order.

There is no pressure on Babar to win matches because every time Pakistan plays a top side, it is expected to lose.

Babar can bat at his own pace and his tempo without worrying about anything because he does not face competition from anyone, simply because Pakistan has no talent.

In Tests, he failed for 2 years but there was no pressure on him getting dropped from the team because there was no one of his caliber waiting in domestic cricket.

Young Indian batsmen are subjected to far more pressure and scrutiny because the level of competition is so intense. If you fail there will be 5 other batsmen waiting to grab a chance.

Your place is not secure even when you score a 300 in only your second Test against Anderson & Broad.

If a young Pakistani batsman scores a 300 in only his second Test against bowlers like Anderson & Broad, he will do bhangra over it for the next 10 years and play 80+ Tests purely on that performance alone.

Things are so bad in Pakistan that we are treating a 35 year old (Fawad) like a hero only because he is averaging 35 post comeback and scored a couple of baby hundreds.

An Indian batsman making his comeback at the age of 35 and averaging 35 while showing lack of temperament to score big hundreds would have his career terminated for good.

I can go on and on....and on but I hope by now you can see where I am going in the first place.
So here comes the most talked about cricketer on PakPassion once again : Karun Nair. You are talking about the guy indian selectors dropped and didn't look back at him because he averages 25 over the last 3 years in FC?

So strong is there batting line up that Vihari averages 20 in the 10 matches he has played against sides other than West Indies.

Other blockbuster thread ideas.

Pant vs Babar in tests in the last 6 months.

Pant vs Babar in their first 20 tests

The test series victory in Australia is the only noteworthy thing Kohli has achieved as a captain. As for individual performances, Kohli has been average for the last 2 years. Sure, Babar is still far behind Kohli at the moment but to call it impossible for Babar to surpass Kohli has to be a joke. Much of Kohli's reputation is heavily relient on the fact that he was phenomenal between 2014-2018. Babar has to still do A LOT to even get close to Kohli but it's not impossible. I'd even argue that it is very much possible if Babar manages to keep up with his form for a long period of time.

I just can't see why Babar can't achieve whatever Kohli has achieved.

The Australia series had nothing to do with Kohli as captain. Kohli went home after the first test.

Virat Kohli has better temperament however Babar Azam is a much more dynamic strokemaker in test cricket making a lot more watchable batsman and a threat to opposition because he can shift momentum very quickly.

'The debate in itself is wrong': Shoaib Akhtar explains what Babar 'needs' to do to 'beat Virat

Kohli, with 70 international centuries, is one of the world's leading batsmen, and while Babar has been steadily climbing up the ladder.

Shoaib Akhtar has given his view on the comparison between India captain Virat Kohli and Pakistan skipper Babar Azam, saying that despite all the comparisons that are being drawn between the two players, the debate surrounding the two is wrong.

Kohli, with 70 international centuries, is one of the world's leading batsmen, and while Babar has been steadily climbing up the ladder. Babar is definitely one of the most promising batsmen of this generation and could be counted as a part of the Fab Five, along with Kohli, Joe Root, Kane Williamson, and Steve Smith. However, Akhtar reckons the gap between the two batsmen is way too much.

In fact, Akhtar has predicted Kohli to peel off 30 more centuries in the coming five years and backed the India captain to take his tally of international tons to at least 110 - 10 more than the current record-holder Sachin Tendulkar with 100 international hundreds.
"Virat has what… 70 centuries in international cricket right. So in the next five years, he will get 30 more and I want him to get 120 centuries, or at least 110. See, with these many runs, who can be compared to him? The debate in itself is wrong. And Babar is now coming through. It’s really good that there is healthy competition," Akhtar told Sports Tak in an interview.

Babar is seven years younger to Kohli and started his international career in 2015. Akhtar feels that in order to catch up to Kohli's stupendous record, the Pakistan captain will need to go on a rampage in the next few years. In the process, Akhtar feels Babar may become the greatest Pakistan batsman of all time, but whether he can better Kohli is something that can only be decided in another 10 years' time.

"If Babar needs to beat Virat and surpass him, he will have to score more runs chasing and play the kind of innings Kohli has. There is no doubt that Babar Azam can probably be the greatest batsman of Pakistan, but it will take time. We will judge Kohli and Babar after 10 years where they stand," Akhtar added.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cric...at-kohli-and-surpass-him-101627004174430.html

He also mentioned that he could become the next pakistan coach before t20 world cup.

So here comes the most talked about cricketer on PakPassion once again : Karun Nair. You are talking about the guy indian selectors dropped and didn't look back at him because he averages 25 over the last 3 years in FC?

So strong is there batting line up that Vihari averages 20 in the 10 matches he has played against sides other than West Indies.

LOL. I did not know Karun "Lara" Nair was averaging 25 in FC.

I know Vihari is trash from his bashing by Indian fans.

Shoaib Akhtar has given his view on the comparison between India captain Virat Kohli and Pakistan skipper Babar Azam, saying that despite all the comparisons that are being drawn between the two players, the debate surrounding the two is wrong.

Kohli, with 70 international centuries, is one of the world's leading batsmen, and while Babar has been steadily climbing up the ladder. Babar is definitely one of the most promising batsmen of this generation and could be counted as a part of the Fab Five, along with Kohli, Joe Root, Kane Williamson, and Steve Smith. However, Akhtar reckons the gap between the two batsmen is way too much.

In fact, Akhtar has predicted Kohli to peel off 30 more centuries in the coming five years and backed the India captain to take his tally of international tons to at least 110 - 10 more than the current record-holder Sachin Tendulkar with 100 international hundreds.

"Virat has what… 70 centuries in international cricket right. So in the next five years, he will get 30 more and I want him to get 120 centuries, or at least 110. See, with these many runs, who can be compared to him? The debate in itself is wrong. And Babar is now coming through. It’s really good that there is healthy competition," Akhtar told Sports Tak in an interview.

Babar is seven years younger than Kohli and started his international career in 2015. Akhtar feels that in order to catch up to Kohli's stupendous record, the Pakistan captain will need to go on a rampage in the next few years. In the process, Akhtar feels Babar may become the greatest Pakistan batsman of all time, but whether he can better Kohli is something that can only be decided in another 10 years' time.

"If Babar needs to beat Virat and surpass him, he will have to score more runs chasing and play the kind of innings Kohli has. There is no doubt that Babar Azam can probably be the greatest batsman of Pakistan, but it will take time. We will judge Kohli and Babar after 10 years where they stand," Akhtar added.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cric...at-kohli-and-surpass-him-101627004174430.html

Babar has done better than Kohli in recent times.

But, overall, Babar still has a long way to go. He is kind of new to the scene.

Kohli will be seen as a better batsman than Babar when both of them will be retired, which is normal and not a shame for Babar, as Kohli is quite easily the GOAT LOI batsman.

However, Shoaib is talking nonsense as usual. Kohli, with all due respect, will not end up with 110-120 centuries. He is 33 now and his age will only catch up with his performances now.

It will be heroic from him if he manages to beat Tendulkar's 100 centuries record now.

This is like beating a dead lion again and again. Kohli has been bettered by atleast 10 batsmen not just Babar. his run of form has been bad. End of story.

Stats wise Babar is as good as kohli in the last couple years but Babar needs to play match winning innings regularly

What is very impressive is that Babar has scored 10 of his 14 centuries in winning causes, I can't think of very many ODI batsmen with that percentage....yet I'm sure there will be several posts below mine that will say "but Bara's runs don't lead to wins" :maqsood

Wasim Akram, speaking on Salaam Cricket.

“Virat Kohli is Virat Kohli. He has dominated world cricket, scored all those runs over these years. He has led India. Babar Azam has started captaining Pakistan only now. But as far his technique is concerned, is very good to watch and very consistent in all formats"

“He is learning his captaincy, he is a quick learner. So, it’s unfair to compare those two now. But Babar is definitely heading towards the position where Virat Kohli is now"

Babar might be in better form but Kohli looks a more professional individual with confidence . Babar is either just angry or confused or confident in his own batting , kohli still looks like a leader which babar never has. You get the sense when both retire kohli will be a batting great and and inspirational leader as his legacy while babar will go down as pakistans best batsman and that’s it

Babar 's batting on a different level to say the truth. Kohli was good yesterday, but Babar is special. The control, the calmness, the confidence, the strokes he plays everything is on another level compared to anyone.

Kohli is past peak. He has reached the beginning of the end both batting and captaincy wise.

Babar is the rising star.

Kohli innings yesterday would have also been good enough to chase a 150 score . I don't see much difference between both yesterday

But overall babar is improving immensely and should be at peak in couple of years. That's when you will see him making some records of his own.
Kohli is not matching same standards as before and not teams best batsman either, but he can be still be a vital cog for team in middle order going forward.

And there we have it - Babar Azam has now gone past VK in all formats of the game

Screenshot 2022-01-05 183757.jpg
Screenshot 2022-01-05 183828.jpg
Screenshot 2022-01-05 183914.jpg

Kohli is finished and might retire by 2024, no point comparing to Babar who is just getting started. They are not from the same generation.

Kohli is finished and might retire by 2024, no point comparing to Babar who is just getting started. They are not from the same generation.

Kohli has played a lot of Cricket Overall from 2009 to Date, even though he is 33 years old, but that workload has perhaps depreciated him really quickly. He also punishes himself further with a brutal work out regime and diet which is not advisable for a guy who is no longer a spring chicken. Even professional boxers who get paid millions of dollars per fight have to adjust their training and eating habits once they enter their 30's.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="in" dir="ltr">Current ODI batting averages:<br><br>Babar Azam 59.18<br>Virat Kohli 58.07<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cricket?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Cricket</a></p>— Saj Sadiq (@SajSadiqCricket) <a href="https://twitter.com/SajSadiqCricket/status/1510299544046735365?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 2, 2022</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="in" dir="ltr">Current ODI batting averages:<br><br>Babar Azam 59.18<br>Virat Kohli 58.07<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cricket?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Cricket</a></p>— Saj Sadiq (@SajSadiqCricket) <a href="https://twitter.com/SajSadiqCricket/status/1510299544046735365?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 2, 2022</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Simply amazing. King Babar is at the top of the world.

Badshah Babar salamat rahE!!!

cant compare babars peak to virats career. virats peak was more destructive, however, his loss of form has been as destructive.

if babar can maintain his post world cup consistency for 7 or 8 years more, given his better returns in world cups, he'll pbly end up being the atg odi player of the post t20 generation.

the only issue is pak has a very low appetite for odis, i don't see him playing more than 100 more odis, so his nominal numbers will always be significantly less than the historic players.

Babar is not in the same league as Virat even if he averages 65. Babar is great but he is not the match-winner that Virat was. Babar lacks the swagger. He lacks the ability to decimate the opposition or finish the game.

In the second ODI, he got a pretty hundred but was unable to finish. Babar should thank his lucky stars that Khushdil Shah was able to fluke a good finishing knock because otherwise, Babar's hundred would've been just that - a pretty hundred in a series losing cause.

Babar is more in the mould of Sachin. Great batsman but far inferior to Virat.

Babar is not in the same league as Virat even if he averages 65. Babar is great but he is not the match-winner that Virat was. Babar lacks the swagger. He lacks the ability to decimate the opposition or finish the game.

In the second ODI, he got a pretty hundred but was unable to finish. Babar should thank his lucky stars that Khushdil Shah was able to fluke a good finishing knock because otherwise, Babar's hundred would've been just that - a pretty hundred in a series losing cause.

How manys has kohli got a 100 and was at the creese til the end ball ?

How manys has kohli got a 100 and was at the creese til the end ball ?

Out of his 43 ODI hundreds Kohli was not out till the end 15 times.

Babar has been not out till the end 4 times out of his 16 ODI hundreds.

It looks that Babar's recent form make some burn a little.

I used to believe the same thing until he played that world cup against the Kiwi pacers. He was tested by an experienced bowling attack at their peak and he wiped the floor with them. (And just fyi we all know how hopeless Indian batters were against the same attack).

In tests, my opinion also changed after 196. I watched almost 6 hours of that innings and believe me he was tested by all of Cummins/Starc/Lyon 's nasty little traps in 4th/5th day track. Again, the floor was wiped.

Let's not even talk about T20Is. The man is a bona fide legend in his format.

:yk

Sorry but both SRT/VK are legends but Babar is a different beast. And he is just getting started. Until 33/34 years old he will break a lot of records. Insha'Allah

The interesting thing is Babar is still on his way up as a batter.

Incredible to think what he could achieve in the coming years.

Aaqib Javed on TV:

“There are two types of great players. One is players who, if they get stuck, their rough patch continues for a long time. The others are technically-sound players, whose rough patch cannot continue that long, like Babar Azam, Kane Williamson, Joe Root. It is difficult to find their weakness. Kohli gets stuck at times with those deliveries outside off stump. James Anderson has targetted that a million times."

"I was watching him bat and I felt that he is now consciously trying not to play those deliveries from a distance. When you change your technique, these problems will surface. To come out of it, he can try playing a big knock without being conscious. That will help him sustain a purple patch for a long time"

“If Kohli doesn't perform, and India lose, they also face a similar situation like us. Then questions tend to arise that why didn't they play an in-form Deepak Hooda, suppose. But in UAE pitches, even out-of-form batters tend to find rhythm"

Legendary Pakistan fast bowler Wasim Akram backed Virat Kohli to come back to form while stating that Babar Azam has a long way to go before he can be compared with Virat Kohli.

Wasim Akram threw his weight behind Virat Kohli ahead of the Asia Cup, backing the former India skipper to come back to form and said that he felt Kohli copped some unfair criticism for his lack of form.

“The fans and media have been criticizing Virat Kohli quite unfairly in the social media," Akram said in the Asia Cup special show on Star Sports while chatting with Ravi Shastri.

"He is one of the greatest of all time, not just in this era. He still fit as a fiddle. He is still one of the best fielders in the Indian squad.

“As they say class is forever and that is Virat Kohli. Hope he doesn’t come back to form against Pakistan but he will come back eventually."

Shastri, who was until recently the head coach of the Indian side, pointed at the workload on all three formats taking a toll on Kohli, while saying that he felt the break would help Kohli get back to his best.

“I recently came across a stat during India-England Test match that Kohli has played over three times the number of games as compared to his top rivals like Steve Smith, Kane Williamson and Joe Root. Leading India in all three formats of the game take a heavy toll and I believe this break will be good for him,” Shastri said.

Akram was in sync with Shastri's thoughts and also shared his thoughts on the inevitable comparison between Virat Kohli and Babar Azam.

“The comparisons are only natural. When we played people used to compare Inzamam, Rahul Dravid, and Sachin Tendulkar. Before that, it was Sunil Gavaskar Javed Miandad, G Vishwanath, and Zaheer Abbas.

“Babar has been very consistent because he has got the right technique. He is very hungry and very fit. He is still a young captain but is learning very fast. However, comparisons with Virat it is too early.

“Babar is on the right track to be where Virat Kohli is but to compare him with him at this stage is too early. But he is absolutely on the right track to be one of the modern greats,” said Akram.

India's clash against Pakistan on 28 August in the Asia Cup, the first contest between these sides since the ICC Men's T20 World Cup game last year.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/2757822

Kohli is better at accumulating scores in T20's these days.
This is the only format where Kohli is capable of scoring runs.

Team are not hurt by his runs, so they kind of let him score and concentrate on other players.

A 37 ball fifty when you are at the crease till the end on such a belter is unacceptable. In the last 7.5 overs of the innings he didn't hit any four and just one six.

No comparison, Virat is level above to Babar. Babar doesn't handle pressure and does not have an ability to take a game away from opposition unless gets equal support from other striker.

Even a past his prime Kohli is a level above peak Babar. It is absurd to make this comparison. Babar is a fine player but he will never reach the level and stature of a great among greats like Kohli.

Even a past his prime Kohli is a level above peak Babar. It is absurd to make this comparison. Babar is a fine player but he will never reach the level and stature of a great among greats like Kohli.

Given your past predictions, I feel the opposite will happen. Lets see

No comparison, Virat is level above to Babar. Babar doesn't handle pressure and does not have an ability to take a game away from opposition unless gets equal support from other striker.

You are critisizing Babar for what Kohli did yesterday. He was unable to hit boundari in the last 8 overs of the innings. That's criminal.

In ODI's Babar is batting like a legend. Kohli's can't even dream to bat like this.
In tests also, there is no comparaison whatsoever, Babar is miles ahead.

In T20's Kohli is doing better at accumulating runs these days. Tough no match winning performance.

Comparison of the two :-

Kohli AVG 51, SR 137, 2 MOS in WT20
Babar AVG 43, SR 129, 0 MOS in WT20

Comparison of the two :-

Kohli AVG 51, SR 137, 2 MOS in WT20
Babar AVG 43, SR 129, 0 MOS in WT20

Furthermore, Babar has been a total failure against India across both ODIs and T20Is excluding one match.

Indian bowlers have repeatedly made him look like an average batsman. He is lucky there is no Test cricket between the two teams because considering his vulnerability against spin, Ashwin and Jadeja would run circles around him.

Babar has not come remotely close to the level of impact and influence Kohli has had over Pakistan-India matches.

Babar’s this too shall pass tweet might come back to haunt him

“This now has passed onto you”

Furthermore, Babar has been a total failure against India across both ODIs and T20Is excluding one match.

Indian bowlers have repeatedly made him look like an average batsman. He is lucky there is no Test cricket between the two teams because considering his vulnerability against spin, Ashwin and Jadeja would run circles around him.

Babar has not come remotely close to the level of impact and influence Kohli has had over Pakistan-India matches.

Kohli is easily Indias best ever batsman against Pakistan.
He has clicked against Pakistan in 90% of the matches he has played against them and that includes world cups and wt20s.

Babar Azam is very ordinary against spin.

There is no denying this

Kohli is easily Indias best ever batsman against Pakistan.
He has clicked against Pakistan in 90% of the matches he has played against them and that includes world cups and wt20s.

He would have been a beast against Pakistan in Test cricket as well. An average of 70+ guaranteed.

You are critisizing Babar for what Kohli did yesterday. He was unable to hit boundari in the last 8 overs of the innings. That's criminal.

Kohli strikes at 180 in the last 5 overs, that's his record.
It's at the same level as the best power hitters, what's Babar's record?

That was an okish inning. Nothing extraordinary at all. India were atleast 20 runs short. Guys like Pant and Pandya are responsible for this loss. :inti

Babar has long way to go to compare with Kohli. He cannot handle pressure. Even Rizwan has more ability to handle stress than Babar. At the moment Babar is a softie who can perform well in ideal situations with no pressure.

Babar, as in ODI, should come at 3 in T20. I have no idea why he is forcing himself to open to prove what? Let Fakhar do his job to open in T20.

I hope Pak and Ind play again in the Final and then compare the 2 being at the same position. I also must confess that Kohli has bigger mountain to climb against Pak bowling. As of now, early days for Babar to get compared against one of the best batsmen.

He would have been a beast against Pakistan in Test cricket as well. An average of 70+ guaranteed.

On current form, Babar is Kohli’s father though. Your hero is finished, his best is limited to a mickey mouse format

Would Babar ever be able to pull off a chase like that?

ICC Trophy’s 0 for Kohli :)

WC 2011
CT 2013

And forget all this, just look at some of the finest knocks he has played vs top teams. It is amazing simply. In last 12-13 years, our 3-4 best knocks played by any batsman in LOIs would probably be both by Kohli.

Mamoon as always gets it right. :clap :inti

Would Babar ever be able to pull off a chase like that?

Babar is a fine batsman. But he lacks that extra gear and the will to pull off a chase like this. Not many batsmen in the world have this mental strength and skill like Kohli.

On current form, Babar is Kohli’s father though. Your hero is finished, his best is limited to a mickey mouse format

Kohli is leagues above any batsman Pakistan and England have produced in their entire history. Learn to respect greatness.

You need a lot of IQ to play an innings like this.

Babar falls short there - unlike Dhoni, Kohli etc.

If Babar comes at 1 down he can play an innings like this, has the skill, Shan/ some other leftie should open

To be fair Babar is opener so comparison is not right, he is not supposed to chase down total, he is suppose to give good platform for middle order which he do

WC 2011
CT 2013

And forget all this, just look at some of the finest knocks he has played vs top teams. It is amazing simply. In last 12-13 years, our 3-4 best knocks played by any batsman in LOIs would probably be both by Kohli.

Kohli is leagues above any batsman Pakistan and England have produced in their entire history. Learn to respect greatness.

When it really mattered, we all saw who stepped up lol

Good knock today, India should win the WT20 I gather then on the back of his greatness

Back