The match between USA and Ireland at the ICC T20 World Cup 2024 in Lauderhill called off due to rain

Appt the umpires wanted to start the U.S. captain didn’t want to.. 2 points incoming for Ireland

Same with me. I usually like lower ranked teams winning but all this love of the ICC towards USA is pissing me off.

USA will lose easily in the Super 8s and make the tournament even more boring, it's a no brainer that Pakistan in Super 8s will be better for the tournament.

A Super 8 entry will also mean USA will auto qualify for 2026 T20 WC, and it would also mean the lone qualifying slot for Americas region will go to Canada, as they don't have much of a competition in the region anyways. The entire Americas qualifiers will be a joke.
USA has a free spot in olympics too hehe. USA !! USA!!!! USAAAAA!!!

Same with me. I usually like lower ranked teams winning but all this love of the ICC towards USA is pissing me off.

USA will lose easily in the Super 8s and make the tournament even more boring, it's a no brainer that Pakistan in Super 8s will be better for the tournament.

A Super 8 entry will also mean USA will auto qualify for 2026 T20 WC, and it would also mean the lone qualifying slot for Americas region will go to Canada, as they don't have much of a competition in the region anyways. The entire Americas qualifiers will be a joke.

There's no guarantee that Ireland could have beaten USA even if we agree that US would do worse in Super 8's. Friggin Canada beat Ireland. Do they not, then, deserve to go through ?

The 5 over game is in threat too

Attachments

• A4969533-8A77-4A78-A462-48311A90C4CB.png
    A4969533-8A77-4A78-A462-48311A90C4CB.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
Bet this ground still won't dry even if the match time is extended by another 12 hours. They have allowed rain to pour over the outfield again and again for several days without covering. Would take equal amount of time to dry it.

When it's not raining, umpires are not allowed to call the match-off before the cut-off.

That is why they keep arranging inspections every 1 hour.

A complete waste of time.

Some comments here are childish about who deserves or does not deserve to qualify.

if USA wins they deserve if not they also will rely on Pakistan vs Ireland game to get washed out.

ICC amateur planning and preparation cannot hide behind all this nonsense.

Sri Lanka were the most unlucky when they shared points with Nepal due to a washout and no contingency plan from ICC.

If in global sporting events results are so much effected by weather then just call it a luck game rather then deserve or not deserve BS.

What is with Pakistani people and conspiracy theories, everytime something goes wrong, it's never their fault but some deep conspiracy to take something that was rightfully theirs
Bet this ground still won't dry even if the match time is extended by another 12 hours. They have allowed rain to pour over the outfield again and again for several days without covering. Would take equal amount of time to dry it.

They are just trying to extend the time and escape the wrath of Pakistan fans, but there is no chance this ground will be ready even for tomorrow.

The ground has minimal drainage facilities and the weather around Florida, which is very humid, will never allow the field to be dry completely.

Quite stupid to even think there will be a match on this damp ground.

This must be first or a very rare incident of match not happening due to wet outfield from 2 hours prior to start of the match till end of the match time

Some comments here are childish about who deserves or does not deserve to qualify.

if USA wins they deserve if not they also will rely on Pakistan vs Ireland game to get washed out.

ICC amateur planning and preparation cannot hide behind all this nonsense.

Sri Lanka were the most unlucky when they shared points with Nepal due to a washout and no contingency plan from ICC.

If in global sporting events results are so much effected by weather then just call it a luck game rather then deserve or not deserve BS.
Agreed.

Only in cricket will you get some teams play 4 games in a group, some 3 and some 2. And apparently it's all deemed fair legal.

Cricket is the only sport where a match can’t be played due to adverse weather conditions. What a horrible sport. And the ICC expects a sport like that to grow in countries like USA?

This must be first or a very rare incident of match not happening due to wet outfield from 2 hours prior to start of the match till end of the match time
Just two people on the ground are lazily using blowers to blow the water towards the boundary line. Atleast thats what i saw from the very many videos on twitter. I even saw a groundsman wash his hands with water on the ground.

Just two people on the ground are lazily using blowers to blow the water towards the boundary line. Atleast thats what i saw from the very many videos on twitter. I even saw a groundsman wash his hands with water on the ground.
It was a symbolic gesture

He was washing his hands from the potential career threatening injury of any player if they are forced to play a match here

looking at live inspection pictures, it will be called off this time for sure. there is still water in field

Wait a sec...I saw breaking news a few hours ago saying the match had been called off...so what happened?

Monga tells us the covers are coming back on. It is raining now. Be prepared for the worst soon, folks.

- ESPNCricinfo

Why are there soo many indians on this forum? Jay shah batch is here…but we deserve it though. All these pak players made us a laughing stock!

the biggest sign of no game, no player even warming up. it means condition is really bad in outfield. not even Ireland even though they need the win
This. You'd think at least the Irish would be desperate to get on with it. It must be quite bad if even they aren't bothered

i was really hoping for my country to win today but i will take the 1 point its okay.

the covers are coming back on. It is raining now. Be prepared for the worst soon, folks.

IT IS OVER!

Pakistan going out with a bang.

Oh well atleast some of the boys bathed in some sunshine in US as it was their trip for some.

Still not a valid reason why ICC should support Pakistan over US. Yes, Pakistan (on paper atleast) is the better team, but they lost to USA fair & square.
I never said ICC should favor anyone. I just gave a personal view that USA in super 8 s would be boring.

If anything, ICC actually favoured USA by giving them auto qualification for this WC as co-hosts when associate nations do not get that privilege. For example South Africa, Zimbabwe and Namibia host 2027 ODI WC, but only RSA and Zim get auto qualification, not Namibia because they are associates.

sorry to irish fans for keeping your hopes alive. onto supporting Team USA !!!

The game has been called off. That's it, folks. Ireland and Pakistan have officially been eliminated. The US join India in the Super 8s.

Memorable thread this, Babar and Co shall face the consequences of breaking hopes and wasting time of the supporter's by bowing out in the first round itself.

Don’t care. We kicked out a major team & made our place in the next edition.
Pakistan deserve this for losing a game to USA of all teams.

Heads need to roll now, this was a disaster.

The way our fans were reduced to literally begging for a game today, should start alarm bells ringing for the PCB.

Something needs to be done or these losers will destroy our proud legacy.

How can you say that with surety. They chased 194 even if against Canada. They beat Pakistan. They stretched India in their low score chase. Who knows they could pull off some more upsets. They could even have beaten Ireland today even if there was game. They deserve to make it.
Because I watch a lot of associate cricket and prior to that Bangladesh series USA have been a very poor cricket team. They have been a surprise package in this tournament I agree, but then I don't think any big team other than Pak would have lost to them anyways.

On a serious note, why Quadrat ka nizam not working as it used to ? Maybe if Imran Khan comes back, Quadrat ka nizam will be back in form again.

Back