The match between USA and Ireland at the ICC T20 World Cup 2024 in Lauderhill called off due to rain

A 5 over-game is very much possible now.

Qudrat nizamming in the most qudratest ways possible :moyo2

Implement street cricket rules. No fielder to be placed in the area where there are damp spots. Any batsman hitting the ball towards that area will be out. :p

Does Pak have to play qualifiers if they don't get into Super 8 and USA qualifies automatically?

Both Pakistan and SL are finished team now. Afghan has overtaken both of us with the selection of proper talent.

We would have had a result by now if the ground staff had covered the entire ground like they do in Sri Lanka. It’s so easy to do and don’t cost you an arm and a leg.. ICC needs to make it mandatory for the grounds to be covered fully if there’s a rain situation. This can solve rain issue to a large extent.

Ground seriously soaking in some patches

Career threatening injuries for fielders if they somehow play

We would have had a result by now if the ground staff had covered the entire ground like they do in Sri Lanka. It’s so easy to do and don’t cost you an arm and a leg.. ICC needs to make it mandatory for the grounds to be covered fully if there’s a rain situation. This can solve rain issue to a large extent.

Indeed even if you don't have proper drainage facilities what's the problem in getting a big covers all the field like in SL, then when the rain stops you only remove the water on the covers and start the match when done. Could have happened in their match.

12:37 Local Time, 16:37 GMT, 22:07 IST: Next pitch update at 10:45 PM IST, about 40 minutes from now.

12:37 Local Time, 16:37 GMT, 22:07 IST: Next pitch update at 10:45 PM IST, about 40 minutes from now.
It’s so stupid

It’s supposed to pour down at 1:00

Just call it off, they will have to even if there is 1 drop of rain when they apparently start the game at 1:45pm US time

Should ask all spectators to go to the ground with towels and buckets and help dry the ground. They have spent so much money to be there, might as well help the groundsmen start the game. :afridi

So what?

Footballers play when it is wet.

They play with football.

It’s a different sport.

That does not happen in cricket and I don’t want ICC to change its rules just to satisfy the ego of some of the Pak fans.

If match can’t go ahead, it should not.

Pak does not deserve to be in the super 8s.

We need an overhaul of the team which won’t happen if Pak miraculously goes through just because of nature.

Our players can't play spin at all. AFG will win all the matches easily
make pitches with bounce , back your strength but play the top format on result oriented pitches & not what we see where 5 wickets falling in a day is a bonus !!!

Ground time: 12:43
The news from the inspection is that there will be another inspection. At 1.15pm

From Twitter:

“The dual character of ICC

Same ground same problem but Nepal vs Sri Lanka called up within few minutes but for Usa vs Ireland it's been more then an hour now but they are still trying..... WOW

What stopped them from making the same effort for NEPvsSL.”

They play with football.

It’s a different sport.

That does not happen in cricket and I don’t want ICC to change its rules just to satisfy the ego of some of the Pak fans.

We need an overhaul of the team which won’t happen if Pak miraculously goes through just because of nature.

Overhaul won't happen either way

They play with football.

It’s a different sport.

Well said

From Twitter:

Same ground same problem but Nepal vs Sri Lanka called up within few minutes but for Usa vs Ireland it's been more then an hour now but they are still trying..... WOW

No one wants to see SL or Nepal play.

Whereas Fakhar or Naseem can wreck any team.

From Twitter:

This. I don't mind them putting such effort to make this happen. But let's have some consistency and put the same effort for all matches.

There is no rain till 7 per the weather channel. No reason they can't get a game in

It's ridiculous a few thousand dollars to cover the whole ground but ICC doesn't do it.

It's not done in many places, notably in England as well.
An English apologist on this forum tried to explain why the entire outfield is not covered . Maybe the same reasons apply in the Caribbean ?

I'm all for lesser teams making the next stage but this is just shambolic. When it's been raining for a whole week why won't you cover the outfield?

It will rain from 2PM again. The window ICC had short a shortened game is gone now. They should call off the game now.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I am the USA I’d take my time if the match does begin, I’d make the spinners bowl pace to and send my fattest guy to collect the ball from the boundary

They play with football.

It’s a different sport.

Lol... That overhaul won't happen anyways!

The effort to dry the ground seems minimal. Only two guys with some kinda blowers, blowing water towards the boundary line.

I really fail to understand why the ICC and home boards can’t purchase tarps to cover the whole ground at all venues around the world. The cost of losing a game to weather is 1000’s of times more than investing in something that can make it much more likely for a game to start, especially when there is no rain. Why hasn’t anybody ever brought that up in the ICC Management?
It’s seriously pathetic that games cannot happen because the game’s custodians can’t think!

I'm all for lesser teams making the next stage but this is just shambolic. When it's been raining for a whole week why won't you cover the outfield?
Same with me. I usually like lower ranked teams winning but all this love of the ICC towards USA is pissing me off.

USA will lose easily in the Super 8s and make the tournament even more boring, it's a no brainer that Pakistan in Super 8s will be better for the tournament.

A Super 8 entry will also mean USA will auto qualify for 2026 T20 WC, and it would also mean the lone qualifying slot for Americas region will go to Canada, as they don't have much of a competition in the region anyways. The entire Americas qualifiers will be a joke.

Same with me. I usually like lower ranked teams winning but all this love of the ICC towards USA is pissing me off.

USA will lose easily in the Super 8s and make the tournament even more boring, it's a no brainer that Pakistan in Super 8s will be better for the tournament.

A Super 8 entry will also mean USA will auto qualify for 2026 T20 WC, and it would also mean the lone qualifying slot for Americas region will go to Canada, as they don't have much of a competition in the region anyways. The entire Americas qualifiers will be a joke.
Still not a valid reason why ICC should support Pakistan over US. Yes, Pakistan (on paper atleast) is the better team, but they lost to USA fair & square.

How can you say that with surety. They chased 194 even if against Canada. They beat Pakistan. They stretched India in their low score chase. Who knows they could pull off some more upsets. They could even have beaten Ireland today even if there was game. They deserve to make it.

Back