The match between USA and Ireland at the ICC T20 World Cup 2024 in Lauderhill called off due to rain

Wow we still have some loyal fans here. Puttar g babar da waqt hogaya aee, unaana beech do lahore tediyan wadi karran waaste, nihariya khilaoo is team nu. Pakistan team deserves this humiliation. I hope rain thrashes this stadium today and eliminates our team. It will be so wrong in my view if USA disqualifies (they played so so good) and this stubborn full of meat people reach the super 8. Throw out babar rizwan azam iftikhar shadab imad haris the brainless and Shaheen the fulltoser from this team. They need to start from scratch. Initially they will lose tournaments but this will be beneficial for them in a long term.

Why? This match wouldn’t have mattered if Pakistan hadn’t lost to USA. Rain is part & parcel of every WC.
agreed. as much as i want to see a game and hopefully ireland beat and we stay in the race as a pakistan fan. i dont want to blame ICC or weather for pakistan exit. the reason was exit was totally in our control and hands:
1. losing to USA
2. bottling a 120 chase vs India.

Ahmed shezhad must be praying for Rain to have a go at Babar lol
Well... Amir and Imad got selected for Pakistan after doing this, Ahmed just following same template. Umar Akmal should have joined this panel instead of ...ermm...whatever he is doing.

based on how they are walking and finding lots of damp patches, at best there will be one more inspection, i dont see them starting game with current outfield

But there are a few damp patches further away from the wicket. When the umpires are treading through them, they are oozing some water

If that's the case then what work is happening in between long long inspection time.

Ahmed shezhad must be praying for Rain to have a go at Babar lol
He's even worse...can't forgive him and Umar Akmal batting at a snail pace against the Kiwis in the T20 World Cup....anyone remember the year and can share the scorecard?

Is cricinfo trolling us?

The game is likely to be called off, we're beginning to understand. USA will be through to the Super Eights when that confirmation comes through. At the moment, we're holding on to crumbs of hope of there being a game, but that's increasingly looking unlikely.

lol, bcciscccricinfo changed update, now saying "likely" : 11.45am The game is likely to be called off, we're beginning to understand. USA will be through to the Super Eights when that confirmation comes through. At the moment, we're holding on to crumbs of hope of there being a game, but that's increasingly looking unlikely.

The game is likely to be called off, we're beginning to understand. USA will be through to the Super Eights when that confirmation comes through. At the moment, we're holding on to crumbs of hope of there being a game, but that's increasingly looking unlikely.

There were flash flood warnings, and while Friday dawned bright with no rain, there's been way too much dampness that the ground staff have worked their hardest to try and work around.

As per ci

There were flash flood warnings, and while Friday dawned bright with no rain, there's been way too much dampness that the ground staff have worked their hardest to try and work around.

As per ci
So not called off yet?

There is no official confirmation anywhere that the game has been called off? Or are the Pro Babar PR journalists in a state of shock right now?

Cricinfo said the game was called off.

But now they are saying there is an inspection at 12.30.

Why wouldn't they try to clear the water for next three hours why give up so many hours in advance.
Because its pointless. Why try to squeeze and hope we have a game. What if the conditions still doesn't improve or the rain makes a comeback? This is a non important game. This is no India v Pakistan.

Looks like the game will be cancelled. Atleast the Euros are starting Pak fans. Rejoice! We all know the T20 WC had aussies name already etched on it anyway

lol, bcciscccricinfo changed update, now saying "likely" : 11.45am The game is likely to be called off, we're beginning to understand. USA will be through to the Super Eights when that confirmation comes through. At the moment, we're holding on to crumbs of hope of there being a game, but that's increasingly looking unlikely.
What's your most trusted source of cricket info?

I think umpires want to play safe by giving 1 hr more to check instead of wrong allegations

Lol never trust cricinfo which is run by Indians.

There is gonna be an inspection after an hour.

Why would they try one more time if there is no chance of a match ? Would have called off it now itself.

Very strange why Cricinfo would put out a breaking news prematurely that match has been called off. Something fishy going on.

I think the umpires wanted to call the match off but ICC has intervened to try and squeeze a 5 over game in.

If this is called off, they should take the average strike rate of the top 3 batsman for teams on the brink, just to keep if all fair and none of this rain intervening in the result rubbish

Another 45 minutes

What are they trying to hope for? They could have got 5-10 overs in by now if it was actually playable

As per reports game is likely to be called off. Still waiting on an official confirmation.

Very strange why Cricinfo would put out a breaking news prematurely that match has been called off. Something fishy going on.

I think the umpires wanted to call the match off but ICC has intervened to try and squeeze a 5 over game in.
yes definiteiy something fishy. maybe simply to keep audience glued to tv shows, etc. for one more hour

The drainage facilities at the stadium must be very poor , probably the worst in the World. That's the problem with taking Cricket to new pastures which don't know how to handle with problems if any arise.

BCCICC trying to help Pakistan's chances? :O
What world are we living in?

India almost won a game from a hopeless situation against Pak they could have easily lost. If USA/ireland had upset India, Indias last match would be against Canada which would have been washed out. It could have been way way worse.

Of course it does for you people who want to live in denial and want to lie about those two players being world class

Back