The match between USA and Ireland at the ICC T20 World Cup 2024 in Lauderhill called off due to rain

Kudrat ka Nizam seems to be woring guys. Game is possible at the moment

I would have expected a Super Power like the US to have sufficient financial muscle to invest in proper grounds, drainage systems. Apparently the drainage systems and machines in the ground are nothing steller to speak off which means even if there is no rain for 2-3 hours, it will take them the same amount of time to dry out the outfield.

Sri Lankan ground staff would have done a better job here.
For a moment I got so defensive and i was about to be like “well yeah they would had played better than PCT too against US”, only to realise i’m only an immigrant don’t have to defend Amreekan ground staff.

I would have expected a Super Power like the US to have sufficient financial muscle to invest in proper grounds, drainage systems. Apparently the drainage systems and machines in the ground are nothing steller to speak off which means even if there is no rain for 2-3 hours, it will take them the same amount of time to dry out the outfield.
Dude, the ground must be saturated after 4 days of rain - this flooding was a 50 year event. It’s a miracle if they get the ground ready.

If US win today it would be a very fair next round Q for them, even if they don’t they have done well overall in all games

If Nepal somehow manages to beat BD....then I have no doubt SL will surely loose to NL....you know just to get even with BS considering the ''new found nagin dance love" both teams have for each other

The England/Pakistan l game at Cardiff was called off even though the conditions and outfield were not nearly as bad as this

If Us makes it Then Amul is a lucky mascot for them.. Afghans and Amreekans would had made it to next round.

What say Lankans and PCT fans? Doodh doodh peeyo glass full

We would’ve had a game if the outfield was astro turf. Cricket needs to evolve big time !!!

Is Uk not checking lauderhill weather? I expect British PCT fans to be more passionate

We would’ve had a game if the outfield was astro turf. Cricket needs to evolve big time !!!
No thank you, astro turfs are one of the main reasons for our down fall in hockey because they are expensive.
South Asia would need a lot more investment, esp teams like Afghanistan..

Next inspection in 1 hour.

I doubt there will be any play. After a couple more inspections they will call it off. The field won't dry enough to allow a game to take place

For once, the majority of Pakistan fanswant to see the Pakistan team knocked out...that's how disillusioned they have become with Babar and his Fraandship 11!

USA is not interested in Cricket...

Is Uk not checking lauderhill weather? I expect British PCT fans to be more passionate
Yeah kinda funny Brits blaming USA for not getting the grounds ready after 4 days of rain. As if it never rains in Britain.

Apparently Babar is an Amla type player

They are showing highlights of England v South Africa from 2016

Amla scored 44* off 19 at least as an opener…as if Babar can do this anywhere let alone international cricket

No thank you, astro turfs are one of the main reasons for our down fall in hockey because they are expensive.

You’re losing out on more money when games are being rained off…ticket refunds, hospitality, sponsors etc.

The way pitch changes it's characteristics for the two teams, the weather, rigidity with sticking to just 11 players per team instead of using substitutes are all weaknesses of cricket. All we hear is " it's part of the beauty of cricket" in response which is a nothing answer. I think it's time the rule.making is taken away from the British snoots MCC and give it to other private firms that can make it an equitable game.

Apparently Babar is an Amla type player

They are showing highlights of England v South Africa from 2016

Amla scored 44* off 19 at least as an opener…as if Babar can do this anywhere let alone international cricket
Babar has a 49 ball match winning 100 vs South Africa in South Africa in T20Is

Hockey is a different type of sport though. they had to adjust their playing style on turf

In cricket the outfield turf doesnt matter as much as long as its dry and its fast enough.

What time is cut off before we start loosing overs.
90 min leeway which means we start loosing overs if the match doesnt start by 12 pm local time. Looking at the weather radar, it seems clear until 3 pm. If the match can start by 2 pm, we can get a 5 over game.

90 min leeway which means we start loosing overs if the match doesnt start by 12 pm local time. Looking at the weather radar, it seems clear until 3 pm. If the match can start by 2 pm, we can get a 5 over game.
Thankyou

Hockey is a different type of sport though. they had to adjust their playing style on turf

In cricket the outfield turf doesnt matter as much as long as its dry and its fast enough.
Wont the outfield become super fast? It will end up benefiting Western cricket again

Ground ain’t getting any better without sunshine

It’s completely overcast there at the moment apparently

Iftikhar should explore the opportunity of staying back, becoming an US citizen and represent them. Not sure they will pick him though
Yes, this loser needs to go first before anyone else.

Missed out on easy full tosses through out all the matches and cost Pak dearly

Even Babar and Rizwan would have done better with those full tosses

Looks like a washout is about to happen. Sad to see pak will get eliminated like this ...

should i keep tracking updates here or wait for blessing in disguise thread?

Foolish on ICC to deprive fans of match experience surely bowlouts which were used in inaugural Wt20 is the way to go for these situations than No Result.

No wonder Cricket even after a century is not as popular as football or rugby

Hopefully Pakistan will make it to Super 8 and RizBar to cow lash the Scots

Did the ICC members unanimously selected the venue for This W20 they should hold their head in shame

Back