The NFL Thread

Inswinger said:
Maclin is speedier but Nick is the more complete wide out. He has good speed, size, and route running ability. A star in the making.

Yes true Nicks was the most NFL ready wide out coming out of the 09 draft. Maclin is more athletic and one of the quickest players in the draft period if Maclin lives upto potential he will easily be the top dawg..

Eagles lost to the Raiders, as soon as Jsson Peters left the game injured Oakland just started blizting like hell and my boys were caught off gaurd.. I am optimistic we will have another good season but dont see us winning it all. On a postive note all the NFC East teams lost, I was expecting the G-Men to beat the Saints but all I can say is; WOW Saints are unstoppable......

Good to see Tom Brady throw six touchdown passes - (five in one quarter) in their 59-0 thrashing of Tennessee. Thats certainly their biggest win since Ive been following US Football...... :13:

Oxy said:
Good to see Tom Brady throw six touchdown passes - (five in one quarter) in their 59-0 thrashing of Tennessee. Thats certainly their biggest win since Ive been following US Football...... :13:
Very bad by Bichi-check (his coach) in running up the score in the end of third Quarter. Going for forth downs? What was he thinking?

Romali_rotti said:
Eagles lost to the Raiders, as soon as Jsson Peters left the game injured Oakland just started blizting like hell and my boys were caught off gaurd.. I am optimistic we will have another good season but dont see us winning it all. On a postive note all the NFC East teams lost, I was expecting the G-Men to beat the Saints but all I can say is; WOW Saints are unstoppable......
Cowboys are doing this :14: :14: :14:

Romali_rotti said:
Yes true Nicks was the most NFL ready wide out coming out of the 09 draft. Maclin is more athletic and one of the quickest players in the draft period if Maclin lives upto potential he will easily be the top dawg..
But but what about Crabforrest?

Bad outing by the Giants defense but 4 of the 11 starters were injured for the game. A wake up call for Big Blue.

At this very early stage I reckon the Pats are specials.

(As long as Brady is fit.)

Oxy said:

That's cuz he's good, Oxy. Plus he has a photogenic girlfriend! :ibutt

Romali_rotti said:

Romali, I can't believe you guys got owned by the Raiders of all teams. What happened mate?? :O :))) :13: :( :( :108: :108: oops :(

OZGOD said:
Romali, I can't believe you guys got owned by the Raiders of all teams. What happened mate?? :O :))) :13: :( :( :108: :108: oops :(

Well, we lost man it was just one of those games. Eagles came into the game expecting to just roll over the Raiders, looking at the way they played it look like Eagles didnt even practice during the week for this game. As soon as our Left Tackle big man Peters was out injured they just started blitzing and our line couldnt do anything; Donovan was running for his life most of the game which I am not quite used to seeing.... We will rebound but yeah like I said I dont see us winning the big one this year, another year of dissappointment for the Eagle fans coming up...

Petition to Eagles organisation: If you want to win big games you need to have a champion defense starting with the DLine *hint* *hint* & RUN THE &*@)&#&^) BALL GOD DAMMIT....

P.S. *** is Mike Vick's role on our team ??

BD-fan said:
But but what about Crabforrest?

Crabtree is an amazing athlete but he doesnt have the speed of Maclin. I think he is going to be TO part-2..

I'd take Nicks over any other rookie WR. Maclin and Harvin might be faster, Crabtree and Heyward-Bey might be more athletic but Nicks is the complete package.

But tell you what Ramses Barden is beyond Junk, I saw him run his 40's for the draft, the guy looks like he will fall flat on his face any minute and that too just running by himself with no one around lol.. Corners who do a lot of bump coverage would mean the end for Barden.... But you gotta give it to the G-Men for trying to replace Plaxico....

Funny to see the Brit Oval all done up for the gridiron. We're going to crunch those Buccaneers!!

Woot Brady gave us a mention!!

Football practice is on a cricket field.

Brady: "Yeah, it looks a lot longer, doesn’t it? I said, 'Maybe they measured it in meters or something.' It’s pretty cool though. From what I understand, this is a very historic stadium and I think England won the Ashes [cricket series] this year against Australia. I heard that in the way over. So, that’s pretty cool."

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2009/10/brady_i_dont_ta.html

Well the Bucs got owned. Awesome D from Meriwether and great all round performance to grind Tampa Bay into the Wembley Stadium dirt.

G-Men lost which is always a good thing for me, the more and more I see the Giants more and more I realise how important Plax was to their offence..ELI really looks lost without a quality wideout...

Onto Monday night Eagles vs Skins, lets go babyy..

Romali_rotti said:
G-Men lost which is always a good thing for me, the more and more I see the Giants more and more I realise how important Plax was to their offence..ELI really looks lost without a quality wideout...

Onto Monday night Eagles vs Skins, lets go babyy..
It's the plantar fasciitis more than the loss of Plax that's hurting Eli. The g-Men just hit a speed bump and a showdown with the birds is what they need.

Eagles vs Giants coming up, BIRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP....Nest of death will be flocking with all the bad as* Eagle fanssss.. Come onnn bird fans lets do our bit and make this one a hostile experience the Giants wont forget......

Inswinger said:
On another note, how good is Hakeem Nicks? :D Another TD for the rookie.

Yeah Nicks is having a good run for a rookie, I just realised one thing; it really doesnt matter if we had Nicks or Maclin our offense is a spread west coast offense which means the ball is tossed around to numerous players rather than focusing on 1 playmaker. So even if we had drafted Nicks he wouldnt be able to put up the numbers he will with the Giants.

Last edited:
Inswinger said:
So I hear Westbrook is out for the game. Start making excuses.

He will be a game time decision...If he doesnt play, philly gonna miss him dearly, rem Westbrook is Antonio Pierce's daddy...

BD-fan said:
Very bad by Bichi-check (his coach) in running up the score in the end of third Quarter. Going for forth downs? What was he thinking?

It's funny how different countries have different perceptions on things. I never understood why people in the US find this concept of "running up the score" negative. It's totally alien to me why a team would slacken off and take pity on their opponent. In Australia, SA, NZ and Europe that's considered patronising and disrespectful to the other team, slacking off because you're taking pity on them.

I can understand it in schoolboy sports or in US college sports, where you may have a rugby powerhouse like Southport play a small state team, or if you have a college titan like Florida play some hack team from Podunk County, Idaho or something - respect your opponent and don't humiliate them. But all that goes out the window for me once you get to the pros and are getting paid to play sports. If you don't want to get flogged 50-0 then work harder and stop the other team from scoring. If your owner refuses to improve your team then move to another team.

Last edited:
An absolutely embarrassing outing for the Giants. The Eagles absolutely manhandled the O and D lines. Kudos to McNabb and the birds. The Giants badly need the bye week to get the injured back on the field.

DaimEEeeeeee EAGLES absolutely thumped the Giants :D... I think Giants are being exposed, they were always a 1 man team (Plax). Now he is gone they just dont have what it takes to win the tough games....

All I can say to the Giants is; WHO IS YOUR DADDY ? :D....

G-MEN was supposed to bring me pain but nahhh India winning, Eagles winning man life just cant get better than this :D....

Don't get too excited. You were suppose to win at Philly. Next time we meet, we'll be a lot better withe Boley, Ross, and Canty on the defense.

Inswinger said:
Don't get too excited. You were suppose to win at Philly. Next time we meet, we'll be a lot better withe Boley, Ross, and Canty on the defense.

Looking forward to East Rutherford...

Great performance from Eagles...but they will choke in the playoffs as they always do.

Philly vs Cowboys coming up, Nest of death will be flocking again as usual and the Linc will be loud and hostile as ever..

A good insight into Philly/Dallas rivalry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPfY_ImmGyc

From 4:22 onwards when the Buddy Ryan Era kicked off in Philadelphia was the time when I started to bleed green :D...

Congrats to the REFS for gifting the Cowboys their victory againt us.. Once again well done Cowboys ohh whoops I meant the REFS....

Romali_rotti said:
Congrats to the REFS for gifting the Cowboys their victory againt us.. Once again well done Cowboys ohh whoops I meant the REFS....
Just like Coughliin gifted the win to San Diego with his defensive decisions....

Inswinger said:
Just like Coughliin gifted the win to San Diego with his defensive decisions....

That was a close game atleast you have one positive if y'all keeping going the way you are, next April's draft..

Romali_rotti said:
That was a close game atleast you have one positive if y'all keeping going the way you are, next April's draft..
Still a game left at our house. One win agaisnt our depleted team doesn't make you that much better than us. Does Oakland ring a bell?

Romali_rotti said:

I'm confused, pretty sure I didn't see Andy Reid in a Foot Locker uniform?

Inswinger said:
Still a game left at our house. One win agaisnt our depleted team doesn't make you that much better than us. Does Oakland ring a bell?

Actually Oakland game was one of those games, Ahemm ala Gints team gettin manhandled by a horrible Browns team last year. Injuries are taking a toll on not just your team but mine as well, our secondary will look a lot worse than yours in the coming week against the Chargers...

Last edited:
Eagles lost but still havent lost faith, NFC is looking weak as **** we can still get to the superbowl.. Damn a sad day for a lot of Eagle fans looks like Brian Westbrook's career might be finished :(, thanks for the memmories..

OMG Belichick what were you thinking?!?

A great day for the Giants and we didn't even step onto the field!! Eagles, Cowboys, and Atlanta all lost. We're right up there in the NFC East!! Just gotta finish strong.

OZGOD said:
OMG Belichick what were you thinking?!?
Even if the had punted, Manning would have driven the Colts down the field and won it. He's that damn good!

Romali_rotti said:
Eagles lost but still havent lost faith, NFC is looking weak as **** we can still get to the superbowl.. Damn a sad day for a lot of Eagle fans looks like Brian Westbrook's career might be finished :(, thanks for the memmories..

Yes thank you Westbrook, I have LeSean McCoy in my fantasy team.

Last edited:
buddhika_s said:
Yes thank you Westbrook, I have LeSean McCoy in my fantasy team.

Dude you like NFL ? I am impressed... Yeah let the McCoy Era begin, goodluck to the young man hope he will own the Giants like Westbrook did during his career... BIRD UP....

Even though Westbrook has been a pain in the butt for my Giants for the past few years, I don't want to see his career ending so soon. He's a great guy and one f he game changing players in the NFL. But 2 concussions in 3 weeks, it's looking bad.

Romali_rotti said:
Dude you like NFL ? I am impressed... Yeah let the McCoy Era begin, goodluck to the young man hope he will own the Giants like Westbrook did during his career... BIRD UP....

Yeah man for years. My teams are Giants, Colts and Bungles. I used to be a big Bengal fan but they always lose so my team is usually Colts.

Bengals by the way signed LJ, imagine Ocho and LJ in the same locker room... and Ronnie Brown is done for the year.

buddhika_s said:
Yeah man for years. My teams are Giants, Colts and Bungles. I used to be a big Bengal fan but they always lose so my team is usually Colts.

Bengals by the way signed LJ, imagine Ocho and LJ in the same locker room... and Ronnie Brown is done for the year.

Thats excellent you know NFL, its my main sport everything else comes after.. But I get the feeling you are bit of a bandwagoner; Bengals, Giants & the Colts ? wow lol.. Its alright dude, not all of you guys can be as passionate and loyal like the Eagle fans :D ...Bengals are lookling like quite a scary team right now, I think they gat the Defense to take out the Colts lets see how it pans out if they meet...I wanted the Eagles to pick up Larry Johnson now that our boy BW is gone however the Eagles management seem to have enuff faith in McCoy. I dont see us winning the superbowl the AFC is just too strong at the moment but we can def get there and make a real run next year by spending top dollar on some super star talent we have the salary cap to do it...

Romali_rotti said:
Thats excellent you know NFL, its my main sport everything else comes after.. But I get the feeling you are bit of a bandwagoner; Bengals, Giants & the Colts ? wow lol.. Its alright dude, not all of you guys can be as passionate and loyal like the Eagle fans :D ...Bengals are lookling like quite a scary team right now, I think they gat the Defense to take out the Colts lets see how it pans out if they meet...I wanted the Eagles to pick up Larry Johnson now that our boy BW is gone however the Eagles management seem to have enuff faith in McCoy. I dont see us winning the superbowl the AFC is just too strong at the moment but we can def get there and make a real run next year by spending top dollar on some super star talent we have the salary cap to do it...

I'm no bandwagon, it's just I started following football from 97-98 and Bengals were my team then. But they always lost, and I had enough with them in 2002 when they went 2-14. After that I became Colts fan in AFC and Giants fan in NFC. This was in 2003, so it's not like they were winning superbowls back then.

Philly won, badly needed win to stay in the hunt.. THANK GAWD I CAN NOW BREATHE TILL NEXT SUNDAYYYYY... It was an ugly one but ill take it.... BIRD UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The G-Men kept their season alive with a must win over the Falcons. it got ugly but Eli led the team to a big win.

B_Dawk what a player, word is he called a meeting just for the Defence with no coaches and fired up the side as they lost 4 straight and badly needed a win...Boy oh Boy were the G-Men on the recieving end when the animal was let out of the cage :D... Damn Eagles could use his strong leadership presence as we head into a crucial stage...

It's a good thing the NFC is so wide open this year. Giants still have a shot even after being embarrassed.

Inswinger said:
It's a good thing the NFC is so wide open this year. Giants still have a shot even after being embarrassed.

Yes its anyone's ball game really till an NFC team reach the Superbowl after that it is a guarantee AFC win....

Romali_rotti said:
Yes its anyone's ball game really till an NFC team reach the Superbowl after that it is a guarantee AFC win....
Vikings can compete with any AFC team.

Yeah Vikes can compete with any AFC team... I dont know where the Eagles are headed, we won another ugly one but another concussion and that to for Djax our best WO in the team :(... I predict an early 1st round exit for us if we make the playoffs..

Osi and Fred Robbins are going to be replaced by Kiwanuka and Canty in the starting lineup. Coughlin is hoping to spark the pass rush with this move. Justin Tuck ad Osi are not 100% and it shows in their play. Having Osi a bit more fresh towards the end of the game would be grat. Second year LB Jonathan Goff is replacing Blackburn as the new MLB and will take over the play calling duties that AP used to handle. 3 new starters on the defensive side for Big Blue. I hope it jump starts the defense. A bit of bad news as well. Safety Michael Johnson missed practice this week and might not play this week. Big blow to an already depleted secondary. Bottom line, this is a must win.

The Giants got a big win vs the Boys and are back in the playoff picture. I hope the Packers lose today so we can even our record with them. Next week will be a crucial match up with Philly.

And Flozell Adams show once again why he is the dirtiest player in the league. Good to see Kiwanuka backing up his teammate and getting the Dirt Bag before he could run off the field with his tail between his legs. He better get suspended as the fines haven;t changed him.

[utube]M7qye-KxaFc[/utube]

Flozell is a PUNK, this fool needs to get B slapped silly... I hope he gets suspended for rest of the season..... G-MEN declinging the penalty I dont understand as it would have raised the issue more with league officials which could have sped up his suspension if he were to get one.

Last edited:
Unbelievable. When will Goodell learn that fines won't change this sack of dirt. He needs to be suspended before he seriously injures another player.
Report: NFL hits Adams with $50K fine »

By Ralph Vacchiano

The NFL didn’t suspend Flozell Adams, but they hit him in the wallet about as hard as they could.

According to a report from an NFL Network reporter, the Cowboys left tackle has been fined a whopping $50,000 for his after-the-whistle hit on Justin Tuck on Sunday. That’s four times as much as he was fined in Week 2 for tripping both Tuck and Osi Umenyiora in separate incidents ($12,500). It’s also double what Adams has been fined for a total of four previous incidents this season ($25,000).

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello declined to confirm the report via e-mail.

If the report is true, it brings Adams’ total fines this season to $75,000. According to the report, sent via Twitter from Jason LaCanfora of the NFL Network, it is “likely” that Adams will be suspended for his next infraction.

The incident, of course, took place after the final whistle of the first half, when Adams hit Tuck from behind and knocked him over. Giants defensive end Mathias Kiwanuka charged at Adams after the hit and a mini-melee ensued.
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2009/12/report-nfl-hits-adams-with-50k.html

Inswinger said:
Unbelievable. When will Goodell learn that fines won't change this sack of dirt. He needs to be suspended before he seriously injures another player.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2009/12/report-nfl-hits-adams-with-50k.html

Seriously what did you expect ? Goodnell & Jerry Jones and best buddies there is no way that PUNK was going to get any real punishment. Fine should have been atleast 100K in my opinion but seriously Tuck handled himself with class, I admire that a lot...

Just saw the DeMarcus Ware neck injury, it looks bad. Hope he will be ok, my prayers with him and his family..

Inswing: You seeing this game dude ?? I am getting grey HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... Dude stop watching that boring Pak game we got a real game with the Gmen/Eagles goin on here... BIRD UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

How Many Penalties Did The Midgets Get Away With ??????? Are The Refs Fricken Blinddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd..... :pissed: .... I will take a lonely top of the NFC EAST anyday though.... BIRD UPPP!!!!

-Djax is ballin.
-Trent Cole what a fricken beast was constantly in the Giants backfield, especially loved the punch he gave that Punk Diehl after he shoved him...If Trent gets suspended I would be pissed as hell with FLozell always getting away with fines....

Last edited:
colts 13-0. So are the Saints. I want these two play for the superbowl with undefeated records. Have had enough of the 72 Dolphins.

I tried watching football after many years. Saw some of Arizona State vs USC last week and that was good. Tried some NFL last weekend and after first commercial switched and forgot to come back. I think if you stop watching it is hard to follow it again or I have to get used to commercials again. Most of the sports don't interest me anymore. I hope it changes at playoff time (NFL and west coast NBA)

Last edited:
Romali_rotti said:
How Many Penalties Did The Midgets Get Away With ??????? Are The Refs Fricken Blinddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd..... :pissed: .... I will take a lonely top of the NFC EAST anyday though.... BIRD UPPP!!!!

-Djax is ballin.
-Trent Cole what a fricken beast was constantly in the Giants backfield, especially loved the punch he gave that Punk Diehl after he shoved him...If Trent gets suspended I would be pissed as hell with FLozell always getting away with fines....
Congrats, man.

This just isn't our year. Hopefully this has been bad enough to get Sheridan sacked and get an aggressive D-coordinator here next year. I'm surprised to see that we're still only a game back. If Dallas loses and we win next week we'll be the #6 seed.

Chris Henry in serious condition in hospital with life-threatening injuries. There have been unconfirmed reports that he has died but nobody really knows what is going on right now.

Henry was found on a road in Charlotte "apparently suffering life-threatening injuries," Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said in a statement. Henry was transported to Carolinas Medical Center, the local trauma unit, but spokesman Scott White said the receiver wasn't listed in hospital records and had no other information.

Police say Henry jumped into the bed of the pickup truck as his unidentified fiance was driving away from a home. The domestic dispute continued, and Henry eventually fell out of the truck.

"The domestic situation continued between the operator and Mr. Henry," the police said in a statement. "At some point while she was driving, Mr. Henry came out of the back of the vehicle."

Apparently homicide (yes you read that correctly) detectives are investigating the case.

Police have confirmed that Chris Henry has died from his injuries :(

Yep Henry passed away, another wasted life. Its sad because after all the troubles in his life he was finally starting to get it all together.

Inswinger said:
Congrats, man.

This just isn't our year. Hopefully this has been bad enough to get Sheridan sacked and get an aggressive D-coordinator here next year. I'm surprised to see that we're still only a game back. If Dallas loses and we win next week we'll be the #6 seed.

Thanks dude hopefully this will be our year, Philly peaking at the right time going into playoffs..

Frigging Giants and Jets aint going anywhere this year...and i hate to see Pats and Dallas doing any good..hate them with passion....

Back