The NHL thread

kablooee87

T20I Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
We are a little under 2 weeks from the end of the regular season.

In the east, the Rangers, Canadiens, Maple Leafs, and Islanders are in a dog fight for the last 2 playoff spots.

In the west, it's all about jockeying for playoff positioning with only Colarado in with a chance to maybe catch Calgary for the last spot.

The lead up to the end of the season has been great and it looks like we have a great playoffs in store.

Here are the standings updated to the minute:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/standings

The leafs won tonight to keep pace with all the team ahead of them to keep their playoff hopes alive.

The Canucks are playing Calgary in what should be one of the better games of the season. Vancouver has only lost 5 games in regulation in their last 39!!!

Last edited:
I don't follow hockey alot but why does canada only have 6 teams compared to 24 of US where frankly people don't give much **** about it. Is there really point in having hockey teams in Texas,Florida, and Californaina where its hot and humid all the time.

infamous9383 said:
I don't follow hockey alot but why does canada only have 6 teams compared to 24 of US where frankly people don't give much **** about it. Is there really point in having hockey teams in Texas,Florida, and Californaina where its hot and humid all the time.
yes there is. The U.S. has more teams because they have a great population and can support more teams. I mean, after the cities that already have teams in Canada, who do you think can support a team?

The Dallas Stars broke their sellout streak of around 4 years last season, so you can't say people don't care. LA and San Jose get very good attendance also. Florida has teams because the NHL was never going to get the big TV deals like the other leagues with a team in Florida.

The Toronto Maple Leafs and the Montreal Canadiens will play their final game of the season on Hockey Night in Canada. The winner will claim the final playoff spot. Should be an awesome game.

An epic game going on in Toronto tonight. 5-5 tie with the 3rd period getting underway.

The Leafs hung on to win and now they have to wait and watch if the Islanders lose. If they do, then the leafs are in.

Playoff matchups which are set:

Western Conference:

Detroit(1) v Calgary (8)

Anaheim(2) v Minnesota (7)

Vancouver(3) v Dallas(6)

Nashville(4) v San Jose(5)

Eastern Conference:

Buffalo(1) v New York Islander (8)

New Jersey (2) v Tampa Bay (7)

Atlanta(3) v NY Rangers (6)

Ottawa (4) v Pittsburg (5)

Last edited:
I'll be rooting for NJ devils. I think they got a pretty good chance although Buffalo looks like the best team in the East.

infamous9383 said:
I'll be rooting for NJ devils. I think they got a pretty good chance although Buffalo looks like the best team in the East.
The Devils ALWAYS have a chance in the playoffs. The reason: Martin Brodeur. Having a good goalie is the 1 thing every team wants in the playoffs. And it doesn't get much better than Brodeur.

Gomez's OT goal brings Jersey back into the series at 2-2. I couldn't imagine winning from 3-1 down but confidence booster is good. Im worried that Brodeur hasn't played all that well so far but guess expecting best to come.

kablooee87 said:
yes there is. The U.S. has more teams because they have a great population and can support more teams. I mean, after the cities that already have teams in Canada, who do you think can support a team?
The Dallas Stars broke their sellout streak of around 4 years last season, so you can't say people don't care. LA and San Jose get very good attendance also. Florida has teams because the NHL was never going to get the big TV deals like the other leagues with a team in Florida.

well.....you could take a team that no fans attend to like florida and columbus and give us a team back....
you never know how much you care about something untill its gone we would sell our brand new mts centre out for years....
people here are so deperate for hockey now...our ahl team the moose has some of the highest attendance in the league....we break world junior attendance records.....WOMENS world championships sold out...attendance record broken.......

jatt13 said:
well.....you could take a team that no fans attend to like florida and columbus and give us a team back....
you never know how much you care about something untill its gone we would sell our brand new mts centre out for years....
people here are so deperate for hockey now...our ahl team the moose has some of the highest attendance in the league....we break world junior attendance records.....WOMENS world championships sold out...attendance record broken.......
Percentage wise, the interest in he states doesn't even come close to Canada(aside from northern markets like Minnesota etc).

Teams like Florida and Tampa Bay were added because the NHL was never going to get a major television deal without teams there. Having teams there truly makes the NHL a major league rather than a regional league. The irony is, once the NHL added those teams, they got an unbelievably massive TV contract but that has now run out and the current contract with NBC is very very bad. It has no guaranteed money at all.

If you ask me, aside from the Canadian cities with a team right now, maybe Winnipeg and POSSIBLY Quebec City can support a team. And those two are still maybe's (although the salary cap certainly helps their case).

Oh, and I thought I should update just for the hell of it:
Western Conference

* (1) Detroit vs (8) Calgary
Series tied 2-2
* (2) Anaheim vs (7) Minnesota
Ducks win series 4-1
* (3) Vancouver vs (6) Dallas
Canucks lead series 3-2
* (4) Nashville vs (5) San Jose
Sharks lead series 3-1

Eastern Conference

* (1) Buffalo vs (8) NY Islanders
Sabres lead series 3-1
* (2) New Jersey vs (7) Tampa Bay
Series tied 2-2
* (3) Atlanta vs (6) NY Rangers
Rangers win series 4-0
* (4) Ottawa vs (5) Pittsburgh
Senators win series 4-1

The bolded teams have advanced to the second round.

kablooee87 said:
Percentage wise, the interest in he states doesn't even come close to Canada(aside from northern markets like Minnesota etc).

Teams like Florida and Tampa Bay were added because the NHL was never going to get a major television deal without teams there. Having teams there truly makes the NHL a major league rather than a regional league. The irony is, once the NHL added those teams, they got an unbelievably massive TV contract but that has now run out and the current contract with NBC is very very bad. It has no guaranteed money at all.

If you ask me, aside from the Canadian cities with a team right now, maybe Winnipeg and POSSIBLY Quebec City can support a team. And those two are still maybe's (although the salary cap certainly helps their case).

the current agreement with the players association certainly helps winnipeg's case.....
theres thousands of people like me...who were preteens or early teenagers when our jets left...we were in no position to help the team out...now we are adults with income avalible to buy tickets

And my Sabres have clinched their first round : Mission 16W 1/4 complete! (4/16

Two games today: Calgary Flames have to win to force a game 7 against Detroit in Tuesday. New Jersey will try to eliminate Tampa Bay as they play game 6. That game is just getting underway now.

The Dallas Stars already forced game 7 against the Canucks. That game will be on Monday.

Western Conference

* (1) Detroit vs (8) Calgary
Red Wings lead series 3-2
* (2) Anaheim vs (7) Minnesota
Ducks win series 4-1
* (3) Vancouver vs (6) Dallas
Series tied 3-3
* (4) Nashville vs (5) San Jose
Sharks win series 4-1

Eastern Conference

* (1) Buffalo vs (8) NY Islanders
Sabres win series 4-1
* (2) New Jersey vs (7) Tampa Bay
Devils lead series 3-2
* (3) Atlanta vs (6) NY Rangers
Rangers win series 4-0
* (4) Ottawa vs (5) Pittsburgh
Senators win series 4-1

Bolded teams are through.

Last edited:
zushy_786 said:
Bandwagon jumper !

That is funny. I have liked them since 1996. When I began to watch and follow hockey they were 11th in the east and 6th worst team in the whole league.

See I have watched this team suck and grow and do well. Please do not call me a bandwagon jumper if you do not know the history behind why I like these guys.

Amir said:
That is funny. I have liked them since 1996. When I began to watch and follow hockey they were 11th in the east and 6th worst team in the whole league.

See I have watched this team suck and grow and do well. Please do not call me a bandwagon jumper if you do not know the history behind why I like these guys.

I was kidding, but good to see you've liked them for a long time unlike some fairweather fans who have recently jumped on the bandwagon....

I'm in a similar boat as you, I am a NY Rangers fan and after waiting for so long for a cup in 1994, and then making the playoffs last year in a long time, my team's fortunes are looking good after a long time...

I feel bad for Amir. He's been a Sabres fan for so long but he lives in Southern Ontario where the Sabres are the official bandwagon team for all the leafs fans once they get eliminated. So whenever Amir mentions the Sabres, everyone simply assumes he's a bandwagon jumper, only to be unequivocally corrected soon after. You get em Amir, fight the good fight.

kablooee87 said:
I feel bad for Amir. He's been a Sabres fan for so long but he lives in Southern Ontario where the Sabres are the official bandwagon team for all the leafs fans once they get eliminated. So whenever Amir mentions the Sabres, everyone simply assumes he's a bandwagon jumper, only to be unequivocally corrected soon after. You get em Amir, fight the good fight.

I am very anti-leaf. Anyone who meets me never cheers for buffalo because how much i cuss those leafs :p

Amir said:
I am very anti-leaf. Anyone who meets me never cheers for buffalo because how much i cuss those leafs :p
As someone who hails from Vancouver, I can relate :).

By the way, New Jersey beat Tampa Bay today so they are through.

The second round match ups for the East are all set:

Buffalo (1) v NY Rangers (6)

New Jersey (2) v Ottawa (4)

Last edited:
Detroit beat Calgary with a goal early in the 2nd overtime. That leaves only 1 series undecided in the first round. That is Vancouver v Dallas who play a winner take all game tomorrow.

What an absolutely EPIC win by the Canucks tonight on win or go home night. Roberto Luongo made an unbelievable save late in the game and then he was helped by the crossbar as the Canucks held off the stars to win their series. They will travel to Anaheim now to play the Ducks in the 2nd round.

No need worrying about that for now though. The party is on. Robson street is packed win fans celebrating the win. I can here horns going off outside as I type this. It's a good night to be a Canucks fan :).

And who else got the game winner except Mr. Game 7 himself, Trevor Linden. Seems like this man will never stop delivering for the canucks.

Last edited:
My team won and good thing was that I didn't watch the first period. How I wish I could be in Vancouver.

razzler said:
My team won and good thing was that I didn't watch the first period. How I wish I could be in Vancouver.
I got home last Saturday :)

Whereabouts in Vancouver are you from?

kablooee87 said:
I got home last Saturday :)

Whereabouts in Vancouver are you from?

Yaar I support the team and hope to go their one day because all my friends are there and I am the only one that is stuck in Ottawa. I have never been in Vancouver.

The second round begins today.

Western Conference

* (1) Detroit vs (5) San Jose
Series begins Thursday
* (2) Anaheim vs (3) Vancouver
Series begins tonight

Eastern Conference

* (1) Buffalo vs (6) NY Rangers
Series begins tonight
* (2) New Jersey vs (4) Ottawa
Series begins Thursday

I'm quite interested to see how the Buffalo/New York game turns out. I have this sneaking suspicion that this will be a long, hard-fought series.

alot of people picking ottawa to win over NJ. I don't mind at all becasue Brodeur is due for a big series.

The Canucks, without two of their top defenseman, were simply outmatches by Anaheim in a 5-1 loss.

The Rangers also lost to Buffalo who's speed and skill was too much for the Rangers.

Tonight, the Ottawa v New Jersey series and the Detroit v San Jose series start.

The Regular season is almost here again.

Most teams are going through their training camps this week with some exhibition games as well.

Let's see how many hockey fans we have here on PP now.

I am a Maple Leafs fan for those that don't know.

<b>Winter Olympics: NHL will not send players to Beijing.</b>

The National Hockey League (NHL) has confirmed it will not send its players to the men's ice hockey tournament at the Beijing Winter Olympics.

It follows disruption to the regular NHL season because of a surge in Covid-19 cases.

NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman said "Olympic participation is no longer feasible" with 50 league games postponed up to 23 December.

The Games are scheduled to begin in China on 4 February, 2022.

Without the NHL's stars, national teams at the Olympics will resemble those that featured at the Pyeongchang Winter Games four years ago.

With the time difference between South Korea and North America, many of the matches at the 2018 Games were played in the middle of the night for US audiences, and the NHL felt it was not right to put its league on hold for three weeks and allow its players to go to Pyeongchang.

"It's disappointing," said Tampa Bay captain Steven Stamkos, a Canada international.

"For whatever reason, the Olympic card just hasn't worked out in my favour. It sucks. That's something I probably won't have a chance to do now."

The NHL and players union had agreed to send athletes to the 2022 and 2026 Winter Olympics unless league seasons were impacted by Covid.

— — —

BBC

<b>Winter Olympics: NHL will not send players to Beijing.</b>

The National Hockey League (NHL) has confirmed it will not send its players to the men's ice hockey tournament at the Beijing Winter Olympics.

It follows disruption to the regular NHL season because of a surge in Covid-19 cases.

NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman said "Olympic participation is no longer feasible" with 50 league games postponed up to 23 December.

The Games are scheduled to begin in China on 4 February, 2022.

Without the NHL's stars, national teams at the Olympics will resemble those that featured at the Pyeongchang Winter Games four years ago.

With the time difference between South Korea and North America, many of the matches at the 2018 Games were played in the middle of the night for US audiences, and the NHL felt it was not right to put its league on hold for three weeks and allow its players to go to Pyeongchang.

"It's disappointing," said Tampa Bay captain Steven Stamkos, a Canada international.

"For whatever reason, the Olympic card just hasn't worked out in my favour. It sucks. That's something I probably won't have a chance to do now."

The NHL and players union had agreed to send athletes to the 2022 and 2026 Winter Olympics unless league seasons were impacted by Covid.

— — —

BBC

That is a shame but suspected with everything that it going on its understandable. Feel bad for the players who really wanted to represent their respective countries.

I feel Canada would have had a strong team this year, Even the USA team probably could have been one their strongest ones, had the NHL allowed Players to participate in the Olympics, thanks to the COVID situation it is not meant to be.

Can Alex Ovechkin Pass Wayne Gretzky record for Most NHL goals in Career.

NHL hockey fans, what do you guys think.

Can Ovechkin Pass Gretzky record, for most regular season goals in career, the record that seemed impossible to beat.

Gretzky finishes his career with 894 goals. Ovechkin is at currently 752 goals, the pace he is going at, indicates he can do it. However their are so many factors, since no one can tell the future. Injuries can Happen, covid reducing the number of games for a season, form of the player and etc...

Currently Alex Ovechkin is 36 years old, and can probably play another 5-6 years maybe more if he pushes it, but with chances of injuries and other factors, it can be a difficult task.

I believe if seasons dont get reduced in the future, and if he can stay healthy he might just end up doing it. I for one would love to see him beat that record.

Their are only 2 players in the history to hit 800 goals or more Gretzky (894) and Gordie Howe (801).

Currently in the all time list Ovechkin is 4th with 752, he will need to get 767 goals, to Pass Jaromir Jagr to be 3rd on the list.

Time will tell if Ovechkin Passes Gretzky or Not, but i am sure excited to see how things unfold.

Nhl playoffs 2021-2022

Hockey fans who live in North America, and those around the world, its that time of the year again- The Playoffs for the NHL will be starting and it is always a special occasion indeed, to see who will lift the Stanley Cup

I have not been following hockey this year that much but I figured I would make a thread for it. This thread will also be a prediction thread for each series, and will be done for fun, all our welcome to discuss and make predictions. I will choose for each series.

Picks im going just off instinct- like I said i have not followed Hockey this year, lets see how many I get wrong :) haha

East
Florida vs Washington- Florida in 5 games
Toronto vs Tampa Bay- Tampa Bay in 6 games
Carolina vs Boston- Carolina in 7 Games
New York Rangers vs Pittsburgh- Pittsburgh in 7 games

West
Colorado vs Nashville- Colorado in 5 games
Minnesota vs St.Louis- Minnesota in 7 games
Calgary vs Dallas- Calgary in 4 games
Edmonton vs L.A- L.A in 7 games

Stanley Cup Winner: Calgary
Runner Up: Tampa Bay
MVP of Playoffs: Jacob Markstrom
Player with most points at end of playoffs: Johnny Gaudreau

All the best to Leafs.

Leafs vs tampa bay will be a good series. Given the fact that the last time leafs went past round 1 was in 2004, makes it even more interesting. I will be happy for leafs if they advance but i dont see it happening .

I think the series im really looking forward to is minnesota vs st louis, that can go either way

Maple Leafs thump Lightning in Game 1

TORONTO - Auston Matthews scored twice as part of a three-point night and Jack Campbell made 23 saves to register the second playoff shutout of his career as the Toronto Maple Leafs defeated the Tampa Bay Lightning 5-0 in Game 1 of their first-round series Monday.

Mitch Marner snapped a long post-season goal drought to go along with two assists, while Jake Muzzin and David Kampf, on a short-handed breakaway, also scored for Toronto, which killed off five Lightning power plays - including an early five-minute major - inside an electric Scotiabank Arena.

Andrei Vasilevskiy stopped 29 shots for the two-time defending Stanley Cup champions, who will look to rebound in Game 2 on Wednesday.

Teams that take the opener of a best-of-seven series hold an all-time record of 499-228 (. 686), including a 9-6 mark last season.

Toronto head coach Sheldon Keefe predicted a “borderline violent” series, and that's exactly what happened seven minutes into the first period when Leafs winger Kyle Clifford pasted Tampa's Ross Colton from behind into the boards to earn a five-minute major and a game misconduct.

Having already killed off one minor penalty, Toronto had the better chances down a man with Clifford taking an early shower, including an Alexander Kerfoot shot off the post on a 2-on-1.

The Leafs couldn't connect on two subsequent power plays, but pushed ahead with 1:41 left in the period when Muzzin's point shot through a screen beat Vasilevskiy to nearly blow the roof off Scotiabank Arena.

William Nylander almost made it 2-0 late in the period on a breakaway after blocking a shot, but couldn't solve Vasilevskiy through the five-hole.

The Leafs called a timeout ahead of a 5-on-3 power play in second and then took just 11 seconds to connect with five forwards on the ice when Marner fed Matthews for the 60-goal man to blast a one-timer shortside on Vasilevskiy.

The rabid crowd responded with chants of “M-V-P! M-V-P!” for Matthews, who won his second straight Maurice (Rocket) Richard Trophy.

Tampa got its fourth man advantage later in the period, but Kampf beat Victor Hedman to a loose puck as Toronto once again showed its superior speed before beating Vasilevskiy to make it 3-0 at 9:27.

Campbell had to be sharp at the other end on another Lightning power play when he made a nice blocker stop on Brayden Point off a Nikita Kucherov feed. Steven Stamkos then heeled a one-timer with the Toronto goaltender at his mercy, which prompted jeers for the Tampa captain and Markham, Ont., native.

The Leafs put things to bed at 16:39 when Marner snapped his long playoff goal drought. The winger took a slick pass from Morgan Rielly off the rush and outwaited Vasilevskiy to score in the post-season for the first time since April 11, 2019 - a stretch of 18 games.

The home side kept its foot on the gas to start the third to keep the battle-tested champs on their heels, with Matthews making it 5-0 when Vasilevskiy misplayed the puck behind his net to give the game's best goal-scorer his second at 8:16.

The game took another violent turn midway through the period with multiple fights on one shift. Rielly cut Lightning defenceman Jan Rutta in one skirmish, while Tampa's Pat Maroon and Corey Perry, and Toronto's Wayne Simmonds and Ilya Lyubushkin were also sent to the locker rooms with misconducts.

The Leafs, who have lost seven straight post-season series and haven't advanced to the second round since 2004, suffered a crushing seven-game loss last spring when the Montreal Canadiens stormed back from a 3-1 deficit to down Toronto, kick-starting a run that would end with a loss to the Tampa in the final.

The Lightning, meanwhile, have won eight straight series since a stunning sweep at the hands of the Columbus Blue Jackets in 2019 following a 128-point campaign and the franchise's first Presidents' Trophy.

The Leafs, who hit the ice for Game 1 on the 55-year anniversary of the franchise's last Stanley Cup, had winger Ondrej Kase in the lineup after he missed the last 20 regular-season games with a concussion. Top-line winger Michael Bunting sat out a fourth straight contest with an undisclosed injury.

Notes: Toronto forward Jason Spezza was a healthy scratch for Toronto. ... Blue-liner Zach Bogosian sat out for the Lightning. ... Games 3 and 4 go Friday and Sunday in Tampa.
CTV News

When is the senator rebuild gonna get complete? Its getting ridiculous now.

Hoping for them to win the draft lottery atleast.

Tampa bay showed up for game 2. Series is tied 1-1. I feel who ever wins game 3 will win that series.

Glad to see carolina up 2-0 vs Boston, i hate the bruins haha

lol didn’t know you like Leafs, i wonder if they will win in my life time &#55357;&#56861;

I'm from the 6ix fam, this year there's a chance. Can see us making the conference finals. Hopefully i don't jinx it

Supporting home team Stars this year, although they don’t stand a chance but one never knows with underdogs might surprise CF.

Will always support Leafs but I’m certain they will choke.

Bruins can still make a comeback knowing how they perform against Leafs everytime 😝

When is the senator rebuild gonna get complete? Its getting ridiculous now.

Hoping for them to win the draft lottery atleast.

lol , [MENTION=99630]nextover666666[/MENTION] isn’t this your “original” team as well?

Dallas 1- Calgary 1

Loved the stars win yesterday, almost perfect game great defense and scored during empty net.
Hopefully they can continue the form.

Leafs to take this series 4-2

Would be great if Leafs can win the series its about time they go past round 1, but its going to be tough. I stand with what I said who ever wins game 3, will win this series. Leafs will need to stay out of the Box, and Campbell will have to steal the show tonight. Momentum is with Tampa, and their home team as well now. Leafs can bounce back but it wont be easy

my prediction for todays game- just for fun guys

Tampa Bay beats toronto final score 4-1
Carolina beats Boston final score 3-2
St.Louis beats Minnesota final score 5-3
LA Kings beat edmonton final score 5-4 (overtime)

Well looks like my first 2 predictions have been wrong

other 2 games still going on

However as I said for Leafs, Campbell had to steal the show and he was outstanding. Leafs winning game 3 now makes me certain they should win the series all the best to them.

Not happy with hurricanes losing but i think they will bounce back

Looks like i got kings vs edm and minnesota vs st louis games wrong as well.

One thing i must say is the games so far in general have been very high scoring

Wow Leafs actually won lol.. they might knock the champs out, although if tampa do take it to last game Leafs will find a way to choke.

Well looks like my first 2 predictions have been wrong

other 2 games still going on

However as I said for Leafs, Campbell had to steal the show and he was outstanding. Leafs winning game 3 now makes me certain they should win the series all the best to them.

Not happy with hurricanes losing but i think they will bounce back

Campbell had a brilliant game. That save...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WgmUwF77XAQ" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stars are killing it. need to keep the momentum and progress ,coming back from being down 1-2 and winning it was amazing to watch.

Campbell had a brilliant game. That save...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WgmUwF77XAQ" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Save of the series, and really the reason Leafs won that match, he was outstanding

5-0 So far Tampa and Toronto series is like a ping pong match, just keeps going back and fourth, one game Tampa looks trash, the next the show up, and it just seems to be that pattern so far.

Sheldon Keefe looks clueless, so far in this game, he should have pulled Campbell, you dont want to destroy your goalies confidence.

Not happy that Bruins tied the series with hurricanes. I liked what i have seen from Washington so far as well.

At the same time I was optimistic about the kings advancing but seems after oilers massive win on friday by a score of 8-2, i think oilers should close that series, they have full momentum.

5-0 So far Tampa and Toronto series is like a ping pong match, just keeps going back and fourth, one game Tampa looks trash, the next the show up, and it just seems to be that pattern so far.

Sheldon Keefe looks clueless, so far in this game, he should have pulled Campbell, you dont want to destroy your goalies confidence.

Not happy that Bruins tied the series with hurricanes. I liked what i have seen from Washington so far as well.

At the same time I was optimistic about the kings advancing but seems after oilers massive win on friday by a score of 8-2, i think oilers should close that series, they have full momentum.

I typed it a little fast I wanted to say he should have pulled Campbell after 3 goals or after 4 goals but not 5, it might sound seem like a big difference but can have an impact on goalies confidence if he let in 5 goals, Campbell was not at fault, leafs as a whole were just horrible tonight.

However leafs did show some fight, and managed to score 3 goals in the 3rd period, it can be some small momentum for them to heading into game 5.

I am certain Leafs will come out hard and play alot better in Game 5. If leafs win in Game 5, they need to end this series in Game 6, you dont want to play Tampa in 7 games.

I typed it a little fast I wanted to say he should have pulled Campbell after 3 goals or after 4 goals but not 5, it might sound seem like a big difference but can have an impact on goalies confidence if he let in 5 goals, Campbell was not at fault, leafs as a whole were just horrible tonight.

However leafs did show some fight, and managed to score 3 goals in the 3rd period, it can be some small momentum for them to heading into game 5.

I am certain Leafs will come out hard and play alot better in Game 5. If leafs win in Game 5, they need to end this series in Game 6, you dont want to play Tampa in 7 games.

Leafs were lousy last night. The biggest enemy of the Leafs is themselves. Home ice tomorrow though and a big game, it'll be a different team that comes out

Leafs were lousy last night. The biggest enemy of the Leafs is themselves. Home ice tomorrow though and a big game, it'll be a different team that comes out

If you look at all the recent first round exit by leafs, it was due to them being their biggest enemy to themselves. Leafs have always had a solid team, but just cant seem to get it done when it matters.

I did mention and agree leafs will be better in Game 5 and suspect them to win. Leafs need to end it in 6 if they win game 5. If it goes to 7 Tampa will win.

On a side note congrats to Avalanche for advancing was suspected result and they did it by sweeping Nashville.

Calgary vs Dallas and Florida vs Washington are becoming more interesting to watch as each games pass.

Man went to the game yesterday to see some biased refereeing and some terrible performance from Stars.

My first live game of Stars though, loved the atmosphere but flames deserved to win, they played a better game yesterday!

series tied.

American sports do put on a show(live) , so ahead of cricket it’s not even funny.

As mentioed before i knew Leafs would play a better game, despite being down 2-0, they came back to win 4-3. One of the best games I have seen in a long time. Amazing game.

Now leafs need to end it in Game 6, all the best to the Leafs

Really Happy that Boston lost as well :)

As mentioed before i knew Leafs would play a better game, despite being down 2-0, they came back to win 4-3. One of the best games I have seen in a long time. Amazing game.

Now leafs need to end it in Game 6, all the best to the Leafs

Really Happy that Boston lost as well :)

Great game! Leafs are taking this in game 6.

Really hoping Boston loses the series, don't want to be facing them. Boston is a nightmare for leafs fan

Great game! Leafs are taking this in game 6.

Really hoping Boston loses the series, don't want to be facing them. Boston is a nightmare for leafs fan

I think carolina will end it. Carolina vs toronto if it happens wont be an easy series either for toronto, but if that series happen i do think toronto will manage to beat them and advance.

Edmonton is also slipping kings beat them in OT 5-4

Leafs lose in OT :73: close game though. Tampa's short handed goal was the real difference

So far Colorado and St.Louis are the only teams to Advance

Very possible some series end tonight, or they get pushed to game 7.

Speaking of game 7s (Carolina and Boston) can truly go either way, but due to my hate for the bruins I really want canses, to win but momentum is with Bruins

Oilers and Kings will play game 7, with edmonton at home, this is tough as well, can go either way will come down to goaltending, I feel mike smith is due for another bad game, but anything can happen.

Now is the big one, that everyone is talking about what happens when Toronto plays Tampa Bay in game 7 with toronto being the home team

Im going to list some things that are in favor both teams, and try to break down who will win.

Tampa Bay
-Despite being outplayed for the most part in game 6, they won the game and now have momentum
- Vasey and Campbell are great goalies, but as a whole Vasey is better
- Tampa is back to back champions they know how to handle pressure
- They will also have the psychological edge, since Leafs and game 7 do not fare well.
- Kucherov if he clicks can take the game away from the leafs.

Toronto
- They will be the home team, and that can be an advantage leaf Fans will have to get behind their team
- Leafs have shown dominance and shown they can score on Vasey, just have to keep shooting and make things hard for him
- Leafs i find compare to Tampa Bay create better chances, I think for this game 7 they will look to finish those chances
-Law of average regardless of what history says, its Time Leafs kill this demon, and think about the present, and just win the hockey game.
- Matthews or Marner if they click, will make the game very tough for Tampa Bay.
- Leafs will have to stay out of the penalty box as much as possible

My original Prediction is Tampa Bay advances, and I will still stick with that, only because I feel goaltending is the major factor here, and both goalies are good but Vasey is better, and I think he will come up Big.

However if Leaf win, i wont be shocked either I think it can go either way but ill favor Tampa. Although I am not a Leaf fan, I do think its time they get it done, and my heart wants to see them win.

One thing is for sure, Game 7 (Toronto vs Tampa) will be one hell of a game.

Cracker of a game today Stars beat flames.

Now both NBa and NHL games for Dallas on Sunday!!!

So excited!!!

Cracker of a game today Stars beat flames.

Now both NBa and NHL games for Dallas on Sunday!!!

So excited!!!

Stars have done really well this series alot of talk of calgary winning in 4 games or 5. Really nice to see it go into 7, its truly anyones game.

Stars have done really well this series alot of talk of calgary winning in 4 games or 5. Really nice to see it go into 7, its truly anyones game.

Yea got really physical last night but they played some smart hockey loved the game plan, game 7 for us in NBA semis western conference and NHL playoffs on Sunday.

They can be knocked out in both 😂

Yea got really physical last night but they played some smart hockey loved the game plan, game 7 for us in NBA semis western conference and NHL playoffs on Sunday.

They can be knocked out in both 😂

Or they can advance in both you never know.

And Leafs Lose game 7. I am not a leaf fan but i wanted them to win, this curse needs to end, its a shame they lost, but they played well. However I had Tampa advancing from the start but in 6 games. After game 5, I said Leafs needed to end it in 6 Games, if it goes to 7 Tampa Will win.

I hope if Leafs make the playoffs next year, they can finally get passed round 1

Tough one but atleast they didn’t give it away like they usually do like against Bruins.

I think they can go ahead all the way, Mathew’s might end up being a great but needs to play something special in playoffs.. same for Marner and Tavares.

Loving some memes though.

“Canada is the only country where Leafs fall in spring “ 😂

Last edited:
Well Rangers after being down 3-1 in the series come back to win series 4-3 what a game 7 that was. I really thought penguins would close it out

East
Florida vs Washington- Florida in 5 games
Toronto vs Tampa Bay- Tampa Bay in 6 games
Carolina vs Boston- Carolina in 7 Games
New York Rangers vs Pittsburgh- Pittsburgh in 7 games

West
Colorado vs Nashville- Colorado in 5 games
Minnesota vs St.Louis- Minnesota in 7 games
Calgary vs Dallas- Calgary in 4 games
Edmonton vs L.A- L.A in 7 games

Stanley Cup Winner: Calgary
Runner Up: Tampa Bay
MVP of Playoffs: Jacob Markstrom
Player with most points at end of playoffs: Johnny Gaudreau

So if you see my picks I got the games wrong but in terms of who won I got 5 out of 8 correct so not too bad. My Calgary vs Tampa Bay final is still alive for now.

I will make round 2 picks tomorrow morning for fun. Will try to think about it first before picking haha

Unfortunately both teams I care about are out, Stars did decently with some epic performance from Jake 64 saves.

Good game by Flames inspite of being down came back to it in OT in the 7th game that too, much better than Maverick vs Suns where Suns just surrendered.

Last edited:
Just for Fun here is Round 2 Picks

Colorado vs St.Louis ( Colorado in 5 games)
Calgary vs Edmonton ( Calgary in 6 games)

Florida vs Tampa Bay ( Tampa Bay in 7 games)
Carolina vs New York Rangers ( Carolina in 6 games)

Just for Fun here is Round 2 Picks

Colorado vs St.Louis ( Colorado in 5 games)
Calgary vs Edmonton ( Calgary in 6 games)

Florida vs Tampa Bay ( Tampa Bay in 7 games)
Carolina vs New York Rangers ( Carolina in 6 games)

Why would Tampa take 7 though?

Back