The Official PP Landmark Thread

Good to see brother Just Crazy going strong in 2020. Well done. Looking forward to see you become rhe next 1 lakh posts poster

From 2011 to 2013, i hit 40,000 posts within 2 years.

I think that's still among the highest SR across 2 years for any poster here :afridi

13,000 posts in 7 years afterwards though :moyo

From 2011 to 2013, i hit 40,000 posts within 2 years.

I think that's still among the highest SR across 2 years for any poster here :afridi

13,000 posts in 7 years afterwards though :moyo

Those were the days I would be getting 1000 posts every 15 - 18 days !! But reality is everyone slows down after certain period of time. Yes if you continue to come here now and then, the runs still keeps coming.

I am fast approaching two landmarks: my 8,000th post, and my 40th birthday. Since I suffer from OCD, and one of my obsessions is the number 4 and it’s multiples, I plan on hitting the 8,000 mark on this very thread on the eve of the birthday, and then bid the forum farewell. I have posted quite prolifically these last few days to approach the 8,000 figure, and for the next few weeks plan on achieving a daily quota of posts, most of which will be utter dross.

Consider yourselves sufficiently warned.

I am fast approaching two landmarks: my 8,000th post, and my 40th birthday. Since I suffer from OCD, and one of my obsessions is the number 4 and it’s multiples, I plan on hitting the 8,000 mark on this very thread on the eve of the birthday, and then bid the forum farewell. I have posted quite prolifically these last few days to approach the 8,000 figure, and for the next few weeks plan on achieving a daily quota of posts, most of which will be utter dross.

Consider yourselves sufficiently warned.

I ended up reaching the 8,000 mark well before the 40th, but as promised (threatened?), this is my final post.

Time Pass has been my online abode for the past seven years, but as the old bromide sagely suggests, This Too Shall Pass, and it has.

I’ve never approached any other birthday the way I have the impending one: there is the realization that, statistically at least, half my life is now over, and underneath the overwhelming sense of loss is the desire to take stock, make amends, and perhaps finally complete that collection of short stories or that novel I’ve been dillydallying with for over a decade, the ticking of the clock spurring me on...

So without further ado, I bid you all adieu, friend, foe and acquaintance alike, with a bit of Nasir Kazmi:

دائم آباد رہے گی دنیا
ہم نہ ہوں گے، کوئی ہم سا ہو گا

I ended up reaching the 8,000 mark well before the 40th, but as promised (threatened?), this is my final post.

Time Pass has been my online abode for the past seven years, but as the old bromide sagely suggests, This Too Shall Pass, and it has.

I’ve never approached any other birthday the way I have the impending one: there is the realization that, statistically at least, half my life is now over, and underneath the overwhelming sense of loss is the desire to take stock, make amends, and perhaps finally complete that collection of short stories or that novel I’ve been dillydallying with for over a decade, the ticking of the clock spurring me on...

So without further ado, I bid you all adieu, friend, foe and acquaintance alike, with a bit of Nasir Kazmi:

دائم آباد رہے گی دنیا

All the best, man. It was a pleasure reading your posts.

دائم آباد رہے گی دنیا

no-please-dont-go.jpg

دائم آباد رہے گی دنیا

ALLAH Hafiz.

I am a silent fan of you and feeling sad. Used to read ur every post. You are quite knowledgeable and a literary figure. I wish i could post more and interact with you here regarding Urdu poetry as you like Faiz Ahmed Faiz who talks to my heart with his poems.
I wish you all the best in future and may you have visit Pakistan one day, complete your current goals and set new goals ahead.

I would bid farewell to you with a quatrain from Nasir Kazmi:

Kahin Kahin koi roshni hai
Jo aaty jaaty sy pochti hai
Kahan ha wo ajnabi musafir
Kahan gya wo udas shayar

دائم آباد رہے گی دنیا

I always came to Nostalgic’s posts with a happy feeling: the anticipation of learning something fresh. Writing with wit and sensitivity, his reflections were also enriched by extensive reading and a fine eye for detail.

A brilliant mind.

دائم آباد رہے گی دنیا

Irrespective of my dislike for your hatred of Indians, you were a great poster whose posts I always enjoyed reading your posts esp the witty ones, best of luck.

دائم آباد رہے گی دنیا

Farewell sir. I hope you see this as a break rather than a permanent goodbye and will reconsider at some point.

Regardless; goodbye for now. While we have never personally met I sometimes feel that I personally know you to some degree and I value that. Despite being on the forum for so long there are very few people here who I could say that I think I know then at level and I’m glad you’re one of them. It seems only yesterday that we were discussing your move to the state I was moving out of. And funnily enough that same chain of events had happened a few years prior to that in another state.

I always looked forward to your posts and opinions and you will be a loss.

دائم آباد رہے گی دنیا

Good bye !!!

دائم آباد رہے گی دنیا

Farewell Brother.

May you find what you are seeking.

Stay healthy and happy.

دائم آباد رہے گی دنیا

Farewell [MENTION=22846]Nostalgic[/MENTION].

Was a pleasure reading your posts.

All the best.

55,000 posts

Going by the current speed, might reach 60,000 posts in 5 years time. :srt

I am still active is enough, after certain years many posters have faded out. I hopefully would reach that milestone this year !

If you put your mind to it, you can do it this month.

Just start replying to Harsh Thakor threads

10 0000

Finally, I reach an important landmark, I am the third person to reach this milestone, it has been a great journey since my first post till today. A lot of ups and downs, but finally have reached the destination. Thanks to all the members and moderators. Join me in this epic celebrations

:116: :120: :113: :thumbsup :125: :AR15firin:112:

10 0000

Finally, I reach an important landmark, I am the third person to reach this milestone, it has been a great journey since my first post till today. A lot of ups and downs, but finally have reached the destination. Thanks to all the members and moderators. Join me in this epic celebrations

:116: :120: :113: :thumbsup :125: :AR15firin:112:

Well done, buddy. Truly a remarkable feat to achieve here.

Well done, buddy. Truly a remarkable feat to achieve here.

Thank You.
I have seen quiet a few posters start with great great strike rates , but not consistent enough , many have not even reached 50 000 .

The key is patience and consistency!

Back