The Official PP Landmark Thread

Post number 1000 for me!!
Took the best part of 5 years to achieve this milestone!

Last 1000 posts in just 5 days. I'm Loving my strike rate. :afridi

:))) :))) :))) :)))

You took 5 days, I took 5 years! :))

Post number 1000 for me!!
Took the best part of 5 years to achieve this milestone!

You took 5 days, I took 5 years! :))

You are a sensible poster. Where as I'm Afridi_Fan. ;-)

Congratulations.

Post No 38,000.

I'm getting slower. This 1000 posts took 6 days, whereas the last one took 5 days.

I'm disappointed in myself.

:(

^^^congrats bhai.

you got to sacrifice something for the country, hence strike rate this occasion :afridi

Well done.

Now raise the blade to the skies, close your eyes for a moment and acknowledge the standing ovation. :afridi

Lol congrats. Omar Malik is a beast :afridi All because of those match threads.

AZ is a bigger beast :akhtar

Fireworks you aren't doing bad yourself.Nearly 3000 posts in no time.We have another AF at our hands it seems.

Mods don't count.How do you know AZ has 40000 posts?They can easily add a zero(0) if they wanted to.AFs numbers are original like me and you.

ley, agar aisa karna tha to mey 40000000000000 na kardeyta.

ley, agar aisa karna tha to mey 40000000000000 na kardeyta.

Tauba Big Brother is always watching you here.I have accused you now its up to you if you can defend yourself or not.Can you prove them 40k posts are legitimate?

And surprisingly AZ's posting count went from turtle speed to rabbit speed after he became the mod.

really? I was never a 'quiet' guy, used to post quite regularly.

40,000 in 3 years? Even ahead of me? Who sometimes posts 1000 odd posts in 5 day's time and I have spent about 2 years more than you. :))

I can be inconsistent in many things in my life but PP surely is not one of those things.

and also you used to make threads and talk about footy, now not so much.

Because have lost my touch with Football. But my posts in that section won't be more than 500 I think.

Thanks mate.

Although I must confess, I think most of my runs have probably come from the Word Association Game thread :))

Are you 110 years old?
How do you know that Bradman was quality?
No, I am not.

Just as I am not 1,500 years old. Yet I still know that Muhammad (sallallaahu 'alaihi wassalam) was a Prophet.

Or just as I am not 80 years old. Yet I know still know that the Quaid was a man of integrity, a brilliant lawyer, an incredible statesman and a far-sighted visionary.

Or just as I am not 1,300 years old. Yet I still know that Charles Martin's victory at Tours changed the course of history, and of Muslims in Europe.

Or just as I am not 900 years ago, but I know who Salah-ud-Din was and how his legacy is still poignant and still resonates with most sentient Muslims.

etc etc.

Some of us, not many admittedly, know how to read. That's how we pick up knowledge and information of events we did not directly observe.

Still fewer of us then have the capability to process this information in something called a 'brain'. This processing and analysis allows us to form opinions and sometimes, conclusions, on said events. :19:

Very sorry to know that you have heard of neither of these very human characteristics and simply rely on personal observation alone - must severely limit what you know. :p

Kya question maara hai ustaad.
Eagerly awaits SKs reply...

Yaar bila wajah kion encourage kerte ho
... ;-)

No, I am not.

Just as I am not 1,500 years old. Yet I still know that Muhammad (sallallaahu 'alaihi wassalam) was a Prophet.

Or just as I am not 80 years old. Yet I know still know that the Quaid was a man of integrity, a brilliant lawyer, an incredible statesman and a far-sighted visionary.

Or just as I am not 1,300 years old. Yet I still know that Charles Martin's victory at Tours changed the course of history, and of Muslims in Europe.

Or just as I am not 900 years ago, but I know who Salah-ud-Din was and how his legacy is still poignant and still resonates with most sentient Muslims.

etc etc.

Some of us, not many admittedly, know how to read. That's how we pick up knowledge and information of events we did not directly observe.

Still fewer of us then have the capability to process this information in something called a 'brain'. This processing and analysis allows us to form opinions and sometimes, conclusions, on said events. :19:

Very sorry to know that you have heard of neither of these very human characteristics and simply rely on personal observation alone - must severely limit what you know. :p

... ;-)
Those references to Muhammad (may Allah bestow peace on him), Quaid-e-Azam and Salahuddin Ayyubi just helped make this a winningest post

No, I am not.

etc etc.

... ;-)

Beautiful response. Well structured. Potw!

SK bhai are you taking part in the next election...sounds like an inauguration speech :ibutt

No, I am not.

etc etc.

Meh....nice try but not really a logically sound argument, especially since you repeatedly made the logical fallacy of appealing to ridicule. (also known as reductio ad ridiculum; I'm guessing you've read about this too).

Bradman was the best player in his era, but you still have no legitimate information about how he would perform in today's era. So your comparison of Bradman with the modern greats (Kallis, Tendulkar) is a bit moot.

Last edited:
Bradman was the best player in his era, but you still have no legitimate information about how he would perform in today's era. So your comparison of Bradman with the modern greats (Kallis, Tendulkar) is a bit moot.
True, but Bradman's comparison to another player or his performance in an era different to his own was not the question I was answering. You would have known that had you deployed the full array of your extensive reading skills. :)

The question was about Bradman being "quality" and how I could possibly know that, never having seen him bat live - the answer of course is that one didn't have to see Bradman to form this conclusion... there is sufficient evidence available to opine that in his era, he was indeed "quality".

True, but Bradman's comparison to another player or his performance in an era different to his own was not the question I was answering. You would have known that had you deployed the full array of your extensive reading skills. :)

No, I read your post fine. If I recall, you labeled modern greats as "QUANTITY" and Bradman as "QUALITY." I don't know which dictionary you are reading, but we call this a comparison.

The question was about Bradman being "quality" and how I could possibly know that, never having seen him bat live - the answer of course is that one didn't have to see Bradman to form this conclusion... there is sufficient evidence available to opine that in his era, he was indeed "quality".

Bradman is quality, no doubt. But the issue you were discussing is whether he is quality within the context of modern greats, which you implied he was. My point in my earlier post is that there is not enough information available (no matter how much time you spend reading) to accurately make such a statement.

Bradman is quality, no doubt.
Glad you finally agree! Well done. :19:

However, the person who had asked the question, and whose question I was answering, did not agree with this. You would have known that had you read properly instead of getting all excited at the first mention of the magic word 'Sachin'. :)
My point in my earlier post is that there is not enough information available (no matter how much time you spend reading) to accurately make such a statement.

We do have enough information, but maybe you don't. :) Fair enough, information asymmetries do often lead to differing opinions and conclusions.

In any case - this is not a Tendulkar-Fetish thread - there are a hundred other threads where the 1.2 billion Sachin-fetishists can discuss to their hearts' content how he is the best thing since the invention of the wheel.

However, the person who had asked the question, and whose question I was answering, did not agree with this. You would have known that had you read properly instead of getting all excited at the first mention of the magic word 'Sachin'. :)

Very mature, this. Take a snippet out of context and then play the Sachin-fan card.

We do have enough information, but maybe you don't. :) Fair enough, information asymmetries do often lead to differing opinions and conclusions.

Funny you don't care to provide the information. And enough with the appeal to ridicule (and in general, any fallacious logic), please.

LoL bringing in the Holy Prophet (PBUH), Salah-ud-Din, Charles Martin and Quaid-e-Azam into cricket discussion. :))

In any case - this is not a Tendulkar-Fetish thread - there are a hundred other threads where the 1.2 billion Sachin-fetishists can discuss to their hearts' content how he is the best thing since the invention of the wheel.

You took this way to seriously.:moyo It was just a fun question.:yk

But you are judging his quality from quantity. Infact we all are since we haven't seen him play. So your first post didn't make any sense. The quantity is his average of 99.94 , and its pretty obvious that you are using that average to judge him, so its not quality.

You might have heard that he is a great player,but in the end its just someones opinion from whom you are deciding his status.

Though I never said that Bradman was not quality.

Last edited:
You took this way to seriously.:moyo It was just a fun question.:yk
LOL! That's exactly what I was doing bhai, having fun! :)) Wasn't serious at all, its a Time Pass forum thread after all! :)

The quantity is his average of 99.94 , and its pretty obvious that you are using that average to judge him, so its not quality.
No, I wasn't using average to judge him solely. You're right, average on its own is quantity. For quality, we do have the eyewitness accounts of his contemporaries, the statements about his batting styles and attributes from friends and foes and from neutral observers and the appraisals of some of the best analysts and commentators this great game has ever seen - all of that provide a much fuller picture than a layman like you or I simply 'seeing' a player a few times would. :)

Last edited:
LOL! That's exactly what I was doing bhai, having fun! :)) Wasn't serious at all, its a Time Pass forum thread after all! :)

No, I wasn't using average to judge him solely. You're right, average on its own is quantity. For quality, we do have the eyewitness accounts of his contemporaries, the statements about his batting styles and attributes from friends and foes and from neutral observers and the appraisals of some of the best analysts and commentators this great game has ever seen - all of that provide a much fuller picture than a layman like you or I simply 'seeing' a player a few times would. :)

A- Your English is complicated :)), related to Ramiz Raja?

B- mujhe maaf kardein :bow: :bow: :bow:

pehle ungal karte hain, baad mey maafiyan maangtey hain.

aaj kal ke naujawan :sigh:

so sad.

Back