The reason why Shaheen Shah Afridi was removed as captain....

Major

T20I Star
Runs
Post of the Week

He posted pics with Imran the day Imran was arrested, made it his dp. Hosted PTI politicians to iftari.

He was removed by the establishment, and Zaka didnt wana do the deed. Navi being the chamcha of the army became Chairman and did it.

I think ICC should be intervening and banning PCB here. This is clear political meddling that is affecting the team directly. I dont support PTI, but this is clearly wrong

Also very pathetic from Babar to accept the job knowing the circumstances and the reason behind it.

Babar should had stood up and supported Shaheen and he backstabbed him here. This is a new low by him and allowed himself to be a political of the establishment to secure a job for himself.

He posted pics with Imran the day Imran was arrested, made it his dp. Hosted PTI politicians to iftari.

He was removed by the establishment, and Zaka didnt wana do the deed. Navi being the chamcha of the army became Chairman and did it.

I think ICC should be intervening and banning PCB here. This is clear political meddling that is affecting the team directly. I dont support PTI, but this is clearly wrong
Wasn’t Babar also hand selected by Imran Khan? Seems Babar is also a supporter of Imran Khan so I’m not sure that this is necessarily true in this circumstance.

Wasn’t Babar also hand selected by Imran Khan? Seems Babar is also a supporter of Imran Khan so I’m not sure that this is necessarily true in this circumstance.
Babar did not post pictures with Imran when Imran was arrested.

Shaheen has the right to do this as a citizen of Pakistan just like how the akmals go around posing with the Sharifs.

This is the actual reason why he was removed whether you want to accept it or not. If PCB really cared about Pakistan Cricket, they would had also replaced Shan Masood, but they did not.

It seems to me, Rizwan was probably offered the job first, but he said no to it.

So Bobby is a PDM man and Lala's damad is a PTI supporter?

But Lala himself is a chameleon. Why would he let Shaheen openly board a sinking ship?

So Bobby is a PDM man and Lala's damad is a PTI supporter?

But Lala himself is a chameleon. Why would he let Shaheen openly board a sinking ship?
This has nothing to do with Shahid Afrid.

Shaheen is allowed to support which ever politician he wants.

I hate Imran, but i also believe that if someone should stand up for Imran its the cricket fertanity, becuase Imran was a cricketer first. This is why all our team should had voiced statements on the arrest DURING THE WORLD CUP. But everyone is interesting in protecting their own job.

Babar did an own goal by accepting this job. He backstabbed alot of people here, especially his own team mate

Babar did not post pictures with Imran when Imran was arrested.

Shaheen has the right to do this as a citizen of Pakistan just like how the akmals go around posing with the Sharifs.

This is the actual reason why he was removed whether you want to accept it or not. If PCB really cared about Pakistan Cricket, they would had also replaced Shan Masood, but they did not.

It seems to me, Rizwan was probably offered the job first, but he said no to it.
I mean I completely agree with you.

We all know what kind of politics happen in almost every aspect of our society. I like Shaheen Shah and am impressed that he stands by his principles and don’t think he should have been removed after being given the job.

Rizwan would also have been a better choice as our next captain.

But also, considering Imran Khan is a big Babar Azam fan and hand selected him I’m not sure the logic follows in this instance.

I mean I completely agree with you.

We all know what kind of politics happen in almost every aspect of our society. I like Shaheen Shah and am impressed that he stands by his principles and don’t think he should have been removed after being given the job.

Rizwan would also have been a better choice as our next captain.

But also, considering Imran Khan is a big Babar Azam fan and hand selected him I’m not sure the logic follows in this instance.
Babar did not post a pic on the arrest day or said a single word on imran or wore a blackband during the world cup.
The millitary percieved this as a good that thing that ok this guy will keep his mouth shut.

The establishment has no issue with whom Imran supports, there issue is with who shows support for Imran in public and how much influence that person has.

Shaheen was just starting, so the establishment decided to remove the roots before it created any mess.

This is nonsense

Babar is a PTI project.
Babar was not a PTI marketed propoganda tool.

I hate PTI, but lets talk facts here atleast.

The establishment does not have an issue with the postings PTI made, they have an issue with the people of influence publically showing support for Imran.

PTI backed Usman Buzdar, and while people were arrested in Punjab, Usman Buzdar was never arrested, because issue isnt who PTI supports or backs.

Similarly, Aleem Khan was selected even though he was in PTI. The reason he got selected is because he is anti Imran.

The establishment does not have an issue with the postings PTI made, they have an issue with the people of influence publically showing support for Imran.

PTI backed Usman Buzdar, and while people were arrested in Punjab, Usman Buzdar was never arrested, because issue isnt who PTI supports or backs.

Similarly, Aleem Khan was selected even though he was in PTI. The reason he got selected is because he is anti Imran.
Aah God I don’t have the time and energy to respond to this…

Who made Babar captain? Either admit this was you hero Misbah’s blunder or it was Imran Khan’s handpicked choice?

Think it's because he has turned into a relatively harmless trundler.

Needs to focus on his bowling first.

But who told Shaheen to post pictures with a national traitor? He is a public figure and Imran is a traitor.

Shaheen should have been careful. He is a public figure and whatever he posts on social media has an impact.
Hun dasso Bobsy the king fans who are all Imran Khan worshippers basically

Babar is an opportunist and a selfish individual. We have seen that during his captaincy from 2019 to 2023.

Shaheen has posted plenty of pics with PTI leaders and IK on his social media. Shaheen also credited IK for encouraging LQ to appoint him captain and for encouraging Shaheen to take up the captaincy in a recent interview.

This PDM regime and establishment is hell bent on punishing anyone who supports IK and PTI in Pakistan and they are willing to wreck all the state institutions if necessary. PCB is no different, please remember Mohsin Naqvi is AM brother in law and he has been rewarded for his efficiency in crushing the PTI in Punjab by being given the interior ministry and the PCB, there is no way will he allow Pakistani cricketers to support IK under his watch.

I can tell you honestly, as this is the reason why I started to hate Pakistan cricket.

Babar is a PTI project. There is absolutely no denying this!

Rizwan is a PTI project, and is a tribute to the KPK vote bank.

Shaheen is all there for you to see in the OP

Last edited by a moderator:
Babar is an opportunist and a selfish individual. We have seen that during his captaincy from 2019 to 2023.

Shaheen has posted plenty of pics with PTI leaders and IK on his social media. Shaheen also credited IK for encouraging LQ to appoint him captain and for encouraging Shaheen to take up the captaincy in a recent interview.

This PDM regime and establishment is hell bent on punishing anyone who supports IK and PTI in Pakistan and they are willing to wreck all the state institutions if necessary. PCB is no different, please remember Mohsin Naqvi is AM brother in law and he has been rewarded for his efficiency in crushing the PTI in Punjab by being given the interior ministry and the PCB, there is no way will he allow Pakistani cricketers to support IK under his watch.
They choose Naqvi to do the deed.

But who told Shaheen to post pictures with a national traitor? He is a public figure and Imran is a traitor.

Shaheen should have been careful. He is a public figure and whatever he posts on social media has an impact.
If you were removed from your job for supporting a particular person or party, would you accept that?

Shaheen was offered the T-20 captaincy of Pakistan by Najam Sethi for the series against Afghanistan in 2023. Shaheen refused it out of respect for Babar. However in contrast what did Babar do to Shaheen a whole year later?

Aah God I don’t have the time and energy to respond to this…

Who made Babar captain? Either admit this was you hero Misbah’s blunder or it was Imran Khan’s handpicked choice?
it seems like you have reading issues. I have already explained to you, but you seem to be repeating hte same thing.

its like talking to a wall with you

Shaheen was offered the T-20 captaincy of Pakistan by Najam Sethi for the series against Afghanistan in 2023. Shaheen refused it out of respect for Babar. However in contrast what did Babar do to Shaheen a whole year later?
Babar showed his selfishness

If you were removed from your job for supporting a particular person or party, would you accept that?
If I was public figure with millions of followers on social media, I would think twice before posting such pics especially in these times. Shaheen should have been wiser.

I can tell you honestly, as this is the reason why I started to hate Pakistan cricket.

Babar is a PTI project. There is absolutely no denying this!

Rizwan is a PTI project, and is a tribute to the KPK vote bank.

Shaheen is all there for you to see in the OP
There is no such thing as a PTI project.People make their own minds,they choose who they support.Players like Miandad,Ramiz Raja,Wasim Akram,Mushtaq Ahmed stood with Imran and still support him.There was no PTI during their time.

I understand why you would think this but do you have any evidence or even a source from a journalist to back this up?

This has nothing to do with Shahid Afrid.

Shaheen is allowed to support which ever politician he wants.

I hate Imran, but i also believe that if someone should stand up for Imran its the cricket fertanity, becuase Imran was a cricketer first. This is why all our team should had voiced statements on the arrest DURING THE WORLD CUP. But everyone is interesting in protecting their own job.

Babar did an own goal by accepting this job. He backstabbed alot of people here, especially his own team mate

First of all thank you for making post ifthar more enjoyable.

Secondly, why do you hate a man in jail?

If your theory is true it’s a shame

Babar said ‘I’m sorry, I love you.’ Then gave Shaheen the sweet chin music

A post on twitter

I usually stay away from cricket politics because i find it rather dumb with all the fanwars, but Babar has shown an enormous amount of selfishness & emotional apathy here, that too with someone who stood by his side for years & performed for him in spite of injuries & bad form.

A post on twitter

I usually stay away from cricket politics because i find it rather dumb with all the fanwars, but Babar has shown an enormous amount of selfishness & emotional apathy here, that too with someone who stood by his side for years & performed for him in spite of injuries & bad form.

Shaheen playing injured needs to accept some accountability to though, that’s career suicide

I understand why you would think this but do you have any evidence or even a source from a journalist to back this up?
Bro, you think someone in the PCB would have the guts to admit that "we removed shaheen because he was posing pics with Imran"?

First of, there was no other reason to remove Shaheen as captain. He had one series, was pretty bad and no more worse than Babar, but Chairmans dont go around changing captains or reverting to the previous ex captain after losing.

Shan Masood was also bad, but PCB did not change him at all.

In Pakistan, things have been soo tensed, the army has a total ban on Imran in media. Journalist were not allowed to refer to Imran Khan on media and they had to refer him as Qasim kay papa. PCB posted a video before the world cup, and they removed the image and any reference of Imran Khan in the video.
Any journalist that posted in favor of Imran was taken away by a special group of people.

So, the national captain, posting pics of Imran the day he is being arrested is not something the establishment was going to sit and ignore. They simply removed him.

I am telling you all this as a PTI critic.

Bro, you think someone in the PCB would have the guts to admit that "we removed shaheen because he was posing pics with Imran"?

First of, there was no other reason to remove Shaheen as captain. He had one series, was pretty bad and no more worse than Babar, but Chairmans dont go around changing captains or reverting to the previous ex captain after losing.

In Pakistan, things have been soo tensed, the army has a total ban on Imran in media. Journalist were not allowed to refer to Imran Khan on media and they had to refer him as Qasim kay papa. PCB posted a video before the world cup, and they removed the image and any reference of Imran Khan in the video.
Any journalist that posted in favor of Imran was taken away by a special group of people.

So, the national captain, posting pics of Imran the day he is being arrested is not something the establishment was going to sit and ignore. They simply removed him.

There has been a brutal crackdown inside the army on senior officers, their family members for supporting pti and ik. If the army itself is not safe, you can forget about the rest of the country

@Major is 100% spot on here. At first I couldn't understand this decision, how can you remove Shaheen from captaincy after just 1 series but this makes perfect sense, especially coming from Mohsin Naqvi who is establishment right hand man.

If I was public figure with millions of followers on social media, I would think twice before posting such pics especially in these times. Shaheen should have been wiser.
bro, at the end of the day, Imran was indeed a cricketer and a World Cup winning one.

You cannot have policies that oh it was ok to have pictures with Imran Khan posted in 2019 but make it illegal to have pictures with him in 2024.

The question is, was Shaheen breaking any law by posting pics of Imran?

Whether you support a person or hate him, still we all should have the freedom who to support and not be dictated by someone else that during x years you cant be seen posing with him or supporting him.

I think ICC should be intervening and banning PCB here. This is clear political meddling that is affecting the team directly. I dont support PTI, but this is clearly wrong.

No doubt about it. Even thought you don't support PTI, it's commendable for you to expose the truth here.

No doubt about it. Even thought you don't support PTI, it's commendable for you to expose the truth here.
I've always respected @Major

Remember what I told you, that he speaks the truth (From his viewpoint), its why I don't mind him at all.

It's fine to disagree, because he's consistent in agreements and disagreements, his understanding of opening and middle order batting is also the highlight for Me.

He doesn't flip flop like a fish, unlike a certain someone 😂.

No it's not clear political meddling. It's highly suspicious but nothing can be proven that will result in the ICC banning PCB.

Many of the people who were anti PTI on this forum and laughed and joked when PTI supporters got a phainti from establishment now seem to have found morals when it effects them.

Yes bro, I know. I’m in Pakistan and I can see the ground realities. But trust me, the PCB was a circus fad before this. Anyway, I wouldn’t be surprised if what you’re saying is true.

No it's not clear political meddling. It's highly suspicious but nothing can be proven that will result in the ICC banning PCB.

Many of the people who were anti PTI on this forum and laughed and joked when PTI supporters got a phainti from establishment now seem to have found morals when it effects them.
How does it effect me?

Misbah got a job in PCB cause of PTI. Doesnt make me love PTI for it.

I have always maintained, that no matter what is happening, the cricket fertainity should had support their man.

The reason is clear, the induction of Mohammad Yousuf into the selection committee. And let's not forget the politics against Younis Khan back in 2009, of which Mohammad Yousuf was a part. Yes, Shahid Afridi is also a lobby maker and was obsessed with captaincy. But this time, it was unjust to sack Shaheen just after one series. That's what doesn't make sense to me.

The reason is clear, the induction of Mohammad Yousuf into the selection committee. And let's not forget the politics against Younis Khan back in 2009, of which Mohammad Yousuf was a part. Yes, Shahid Afridi is also a lobby maker and was obsessed with captaincy. But this time, it was unjust to sack Shaheen just after one series. That's what doesn't make sense to me.
I think everyone is feeling the same way. Shaheen will feel quite let down right now, while Babar himself will be quite wary of how the board and selectors have conducted themselves here.

The reports about PCB not even speaking to Shaheen is very unfortunate if true.

Shaheen is an asset to our cricket, and for him to mentally buckle down due to this unnecessary drama caused by Zaka Ashraf would be damaging in the future.

Inhate pti, ye zoban sa nilli ha aap monafiq k, monafiq log ,

This is why the PCB will never progress. As long as the government and PCB are connected things will never improve. As an American it's absolute stupidity to have a government body run a sports board.

It’s crazy to think that even if Shaheen had won his first series as captain of our T20 team that he still would’ve been replaced by Babar immediately after.

If only this all happened before the PSL, Lahore Qalanders vs Peshawar Zalmi would’ve been INSANE.

I don't like waqar but he was right about one thing

" Their is more politics in the PCB then their is in Pakistan itself"

^^ And this is saying alot, like I mean alot

Do we have a replacement for Shaheen Shah Afridi? In case he performs poorly under the captaincy of Babar Azam

There is no such thing as a PTI project.People make their own minds,they choose who they support.Players like Miandad,Ramiz Raja,Wasim Akram,Mushtaq Ahmed stood with Imran and still support him.There was no PTI during their time.
But there is PTI now, and there is also a ‘naya Pakistan’ PTI.

Babar was the first captain of the ‘naya Pakistan’ PCB under PTI. He was supposed to be the handsome upgrade to Sarfaraz Ahmed. He was Imran Khan’s first choice. He has to work so Khan can look good for his supporters.

I don't like waqar but he was right about one thing

" Their is more politics in the PCB then their is in Pakistan itself"

^^ And this is saying alot, like I mean alot

Waqar himself indulged in these petty politics.

If ICC does something, people will blame BCCI for destroying Pakistan cricket. The reality is PCB is doing a fine job of destroying cricket in Pakistan on its own.

Not sure about the reason that pushed them to do this, but Babar clearly has strong connections within the new setup.

He simply walked all over Shaheen politically.

I like Babar the batsman (supported him since he was 15) but the guy is a proper backstabber. He's without question worked hard behind the scenes to get this captaincy and is going to be in for a shock with the mess he's created and will now have to deal with.

He's become used to a nice, friendly dressing room where everyone respects him but I highly doubt that will be the case now.

It was just a picture.

He didn't promise him a lifetime of servitude.

But seems like it was enough for Babar clan.

This was inevitable as soon as Naqvi was announced as the chairman.

Some people will call this a conspiracy theory but is it really that hard to believe that a politician made a politically motivated move?

But there is PTI now, and there is also a ‘naya Pakistan’ PTI.

Babar was the first captain of the ‘naya Pakistan’ PCB under PTI. He was supposed to be the handsome upgrade to Sarfaraz Ahmed. He was Imran Khan’s first choice. He has to work so Khan can look good for his supporters.
I feel the pain.

Now that an anti Imran Khan guy who us incharge of pcb has made a mess, suddenly coping system kicked into action.

Since when did Pakpassion become this fantasy forum where we just make things up as we go along. Sad day for this forum. If this was politically motivated, why wouldn't they kick Shaheen out of the Pak team? Why stop at just captaincy?

It's clear the reason why Shaheen captaincy was taken away was because it shouldn't have been given to him in the first place. His form was in tatters and his captaining ability was never scrutinies as he had great squad with experienced people helping him in LQ.

The backstabbing comments are even more hilarious, did Shaheen not backstab Babar when he accepted the captaincy? So it's only backstabbing when Babar does it? Babar is selfish for accepting captaincy but if it was offered to Rizwan or Shadab, it wouldn't have been selfish for them?

Rizwan is the better captain among all the players and he should of been made captain but this forum is acting like Shaheen was some kind of Ricky Ponting and some sort of major injustice has happened by taking his captaincy away.

Since when did Pakpassion become this fantasy forum where we just make things up as we go along. Sad day for this forum. If this was politically motivated, why wouldn't they kick Shaheen out of the Pak team? Why stop at just captaincy?

It's clear the reason why Shaheen captaincy was taken away was because it shouldn't have been given to him in the first place. His form was in tatters and his captaining ability was never scrutinies as he had great squad with experienced people helping him in LQ.

The backstabbing comments are even more hilarious, did Shaheen not backstab Babar when he accepted the captaincy? So it's only backstabbing when Babar does it? Babar is selfish for accepting captaincy but if it was offered to Rizwan or Shadab, it wouldn't have been selfish for them?

Rizwan is the better captain among all the players and he should of been made captain but this forum is acting like Shaheen was some kind of Ricky Ponting and some sort of major injustice has happened by taking his captaincy away.
Anyway the whole point is

If shaheen didn't deserve captaincy then why did he even get it in the 1st place? Lol.

Isn't that a reflection of how bad pcb is?

Anyway the whole point is

If shaheen didn't deserve captaincy then why did he even get it in the 1st place? Lol.

Isn't that a reflection of how bad pcb is?
I have been on this forum since 2012, I lost access to my previous account long ago and actually decided to comeback when Pakpassion was renewed again hoping it had changed for the better, but that was just fruitful thinking.

Babar was replaced after a substantial run as captain. He had his chance across all formats.

By the end, he was not only struggling as a captain but as a batsman too. There was little doubt he should have been swapped and this is the same Shaheen that publically supported Babar before his getting removed as captain with the "sochna bhi mana hai" tweet.

He didn't have to but he did anyway.

Once Shaheen became captain (merited or not), he deserved a proper run as any national captain should. If Babar loses the next series, he should be changed too?

Babar without question has backstabbed Shaheen here and likely hurt his next captaincy stint too. Pakistani players are already immature and this is a massive blow to team camaraderie and morale. Once other players see that team captains are unsafe, they become even more confused and selfish.

Even if I thought Babar was the greatest captain of all time, I would still not support this decision. The PCB and Babar have messed up here big time.

I have been on this forum since 2012, I lost access to my previous account long ago and actually decided to comeback when Pakpassion was renewed again hoping it had changed for the better, but that was just fruitful thinking.
Okay, you are God, so sorry we don't meet your standards, oh Divine being.

Story time has been in session for a while lol

Some of the theories have been wild and the fantasy fiction quite hilarious.

Babar was replaced after a substantial run as captain. He had his chance across all formats.

By the end, he was not only struggling as a captain but as a batsman too. There was little doubt he should have been swapped and this is the same Shaheen that publically supported Babar before his getting removed as captain with the "sochna bhi mana hai" tweet.

He didn't have to but he did anyway.

Once Shaheen became captain (merited or not), he deserved a proper run as any national captain should. If Babar loses the next series, he should be changed too?

Babar without question has backstabbed Shaheen here and likely hurt his next captaincy stint too. Pakistani players are already immature and this is a massive blow to team camaraderie and morale. Once other players see that team captains are unsafe, they become even more confused and selfish.

Even if I thought Babar was the greatest captain of all time, I would still not support this decision. The PCB and Babar have messed up here big time.

Most of what you say is something I agree with but the 'without question' part is for the moment just your own theory.

We don't know what Shaheen's thoughts are regarding Babar. Perhaps they spoke beforehand? Only when all of the facts are revealed can you really say that there was backstabbing without question.

Most of what you say is something I agree with but the 'without question' part is for the moment just your own theory.

We don't know what Shaheen's thoughts are regarding Babar. Perhaps they spoke beforehand? Only when all of the facts are revealed can you really say that there was backstabbing without question.

I am fairly confident but yes it is my theory.

I want to point out this is the same Shaheen who came out on Twitter to defend Babar when he was captain. Yet he's dead silent now and refused to back the PCB written statement using his name.

Tweets by a reporter on Twitter summarizing the chain of events

So how did it happen?
When PSL started, a franchise management started lobbying and meeting PCB Officials.
Mohsin Naqvi had left the decision of captaincy on Selection Committee, they raised the matter of replacing Shaheen or retaining him and a vote happened subsequently.

Babar's name got the most votes in the meetings of committee. This all happened on 27th and 28th March, Naqvi himself met selection committee on 28th and he also met Babar Azam on same day to tell him he will be the captain as suggested by Selection Committee. 1 member leaked the

news to the media too.
PCB cares a lot about optics so they delayed the matter for 3 days and planted news of selectors convincing Babar when he had already met Naqvi.
How did Babar win the vote?
As you can see in photo, 3 cricketers were the main stakeholders of the committee.
Yousaf, Wahab and Abdul Razzaq, 1 of them was an employee of PZ, second one was ex captain of PZ, acc to sources both Wahab and Yousaf were the main supporters of Babar coming back. Babar didn't win unanimously, some people voted against him but they lost i don't know yet who.
All the info i have tweeted above is verified and credible by trusted sources but from here i am adding my speculations,i don't know who voted for whom, remaining members were Razzaq, Asad, Wahla, Bilal and Cheema. Atleast 2 of them were on right side of history so salute to them
It was pretty easy for Shahid Afridi to influence this committee but he didn't call his colleagues to get a favor. Model Town Mafia has always been strong in Pak Cricket, this was just another win of same lobby kicking out an outsider by joining hands. Well played Babar Saab.

Shaheen is more outspoken than Babar. The PCB want a puppet captain who will listen to all their whims.

Once the T20 WC ends in tears. Babar will be booted out and replaced with Shaheen.

The simple reason is that Shaheen can't remain available for all the matches due to his role as a fast bowler so we can't have him as the captain if he's going to be out in every other match due to injury.

Last edited:
Basit Ali ,in a Youtube video, dispelled the notion of any political link behind the removal of Shaheen from captaincy:

"When was Babar made the captain? Under whom government was he appointed to this post? It was under Imran (Khan) bhai and he also had a formal meeting with him afterwards so to suggest that Shaheen was removed because of Imran Bhai is totally wrong."

(On question of appointment of a bowler as a coach or captain)

"People say Imran bhai was also a pacer. No, he was an all-rounder. Wasim Akram also transformed himself into an all-rounder first then was made the captain. So except for Cummins who is currently playing IPL, no bowler turned out to be a great captain and he too become one because of a great team."

"Now I am quoting you the exact words of Imran Bhai 'Basit Ali, no player like Babar Azam has ever come for team Pakistan'

Babar has only himself to blame for this second stint in captaincy. I do not think he will remain the same good cricketer he was in his earlier days. He will turn out to be a very average cricketer when he retires, considering we are not playing many ODIs in the coming 6-7 years, and that is the only format in which he can be a great batter. Unfortunately, he is expected to play a maximum of another 100 ODIs in the next 7 years or so before he nears his retirement

Basit Ali ,in a Youtube video, dispelled the notion of any political link behind the removal of Shaheen from captaincy:

"When was Babar made the captain? Under whom government was he appointed to this post? It was under Imran (Khan) bhai and he also had a formal meeting with him afterwards so to suggest that Shaheen was removed because of Imran Bhai is totally wrong."

"People say Imran bhai was also a pacer. No, he was an all-rounder. Wasim Akram also transformed himself into an all-rounder first then was made the captain. So except for Cummins who is currently playing IPL, no bowler turned out to be a great captain and he too become one because of a great team."

"Now I am quoting you the exact words of Imran Bhai 'Basit Ali, no player like Babar Azam has ever come for team Pakistan'

Will take what Basit Ali says with a pinch of salt. He was only slagging IK a few videos prior. Babar was indeed appointed by IK but deep down he is a PML N supporter. Shaheen's support of IK was indeed a factor.

Will take what Basit Ali says with a pinch of salt. He was only slagging IK a few videos prior. Babar was indeed appointed by IK but deep down he is a PML N supporter. Shaheen's support of IK was indeed a factor.

Babar voted PTI, he came back from BPL and was travelling alongside a Pakistani actor who gave us a hint.

Yet it's the PMLN supporters lobbying for Shaheen

Shaheen is simply not captaincy material

He isnt a smart cricketer which is evident when he bowls at the death he totally loses the plot .

He was removed because eventually he would have been sacked.

But then the hypcrocisy is keeping shan as a test captain when , shan is a very good captain can think out of the box , but is a poor batsmen.

Basit uncle What relevance has CUmmins playing in the IPL got to topic ?

IMO the more concerning issue is the process of appointing and removing someone from captaincy. Why was Shaheen appointed in the first place and once appointed, what is the logic to remove him so soon? Today it is Shaheen, tomorrow the same could happen to Babar and who knows Rizwan too. An organization can not be run successfully on the whims.

This point should never have been raised firsthand. Shaheen was made captain in a hurry and now he has been removed in a hurry as well. PCB has panicked after seeing Shaheen's performance in the PSL I guess. But this is not enough reason for him to be removed after just 1 international series. Every captain appointment can be linked to political influence because this thing is well rooted into Pakistan's system and there is not way of getting rid of this thing.

Whatever the reason Shaheen was removed, to be honest it's a better decision for Pakistan before going into the World Cup. One thing is for sure that Shaheen is not captain material. Babar is a much better option than him.

Whatever the reason Shaheen was removed, to be honest it's a better decision for Pakistan before going into the World Cup. One thing is for sure that Shaheen is not captain material. Babar is a much better option than him.
How is Babar any better?

Babar and Shaheen were both bad captains.

No, that’s not the reason he was removed. When he was made captain it was on the basis of his success in PSL but after his first series and this year’s PSL it became obvious that Shaheen’s performance as a player, let alone captain, don’t warrant him a place in the playing 11. He should’ve gotten a proper run but making him captain was the wrong decision from the start. The cricketing reasons are enough to understand his removal as captain, however we Pakistanis love outrages theories that sound and usually are unreal.

Back