The UFC/MMA Thread

Ronda absolutely destroyed Beth, her improvement after each fight she has is shocking. Her striking was brilliant, speed, power and precision. Emotional tribute to Piper after the fight

[MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] you know anything about Holly Holm? she's the next opponent for Rousey, did a search on her; has an incredible boxing record goodness me but not sure how she'll fare in the Octagon. Has fought a few times in the UFC already, I'd have thought Tate was next for Rousey. Maybe Dana is saving that fight for a bigger event.

[MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] you know anything about Holly Holm? she's the next opponent for Rousey, did a search on her; has an incredible boxing record goodness me but not sure how she'll fare in the Octagon. Has fought a few times in the UFC already, I'd have thought Tate was next for Rousey. Maybe Dana is saving that fight for a bigger event.

Holm is actually a tougher fight for Rousey stylistically. She has an incredible boxing record but that hasn't translated really well into the UFC tbh. Her boxing looks nothing special but her kicks are amazing. I'm not sure how she'll do in the clinch but she's lanky and may survive.

The best thing she has shown in her UFC fights is the ability to stay out of range and using her reach to keep her opponents at kicking range. She's very patient and you can see that her experience shine through in that aspect. This is a good fight to make because at the end of the day, unlike Correia (who was a can), Holm is a legit competitor for Rousey. Maybe she can also rant off about how this was a boxing vs MMA fight and this is what she'll do to Floyd. :))

Holm is actually a tougher fight for Rousey stylistically. She has an incredible boxing record but that hasn't translated really well into the UFC tbh. Her boxing looks nothing special but her kicks are amazing. I'm not sure how she'll do in the clinch but she's lanky and may survive.

The best thing she has shown in her UFC fights is the ability to stay out of range and using her reach to keep her opponents at kicking range. She's very patient and you can see that her experience shine through in that aspect. This is a good fight to make because at the end of the day, unlike Correia (who was a can), Holm is a legit competitor for Rousey. Maybe she can also rant off about how this was a boxing vs MMA fight and this is what she'll do to Floyd. :))

She never had many KO's either during boxing career but even then I guess you'd expect her power to be better then the average woman in the division. But the way you are describing her strengths it does sound like she is not stylistically made for Ronda so perhaps that will be a big advantage for her because Ronda tends to go for the takedown very very early and often it spells the end of the fight. Maybe she needs to take inspiration from Mcgregor he rarely finds himself on the mat and uses distance beautifully. True :)) imagine she lost though? :))) then we can say boxing > MMA :afridi messing, man that would be a huge upset. Will tate get the 3rd fight? reading around the net the impression is that she will not, if that's the case then Cyborg could be a possible opponent for her next and it's the next big fight after Rousey

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] [MENTION=47617]Red Devil[/MENTION] [MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] its time.......

iIP3RWv.jpg

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] [MENTION=47617]Red Devil[/MENTION] [MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] its time.......

iIP3RWv.jpg

:))) his cooking shows were the best, use to watch them after school when I was a kid. I forgot his name lmao

Slightly better chance then Rousey's previous opponents because of her contrasting style which doesn't play into Rousey's Judo Takedowns

if she can make Ronda angry then she has an advantage otherwise game over in 30 seconds

if she can make Ronda angry then she has an advantage otherwise game over in 30 seconds

If Ronda is angry she will get destroyed, Ronda is like Miandad; you don't want to sledge her because it makes her even more determined to crush you. The Brazillian in the last match insulted her mom or went to her family I think and Rousey was even more determined to destroy her

I will be pleasantly surprised if Holm survives Round 1. Don't think she will though.

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] [MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] if holmes win tonight, I will jump off a cliff :usman

If Holm wins, I'll catch you on your way down. :heart:

Screw both of you!

I hope Ronda Jobs to Tate <3

Btw what do you think of Dana burying Miesha lately? No way does she deserve Ronda money but she is so underpaid; she has quiet the fan base and a big draw on UFC on Fox; her fights are always well received and the investment of the audience reflects that. She's an exciting fighter with a pretty decent fan-base and if Ronda was to retire tomorrow I'd build my division around her. Am glad Miesha's really testing the value she brings to the UFC, hopefully both parties are able to find a good resolution. Although I understand the argument that Tate has lost to Rousey twice despite being the only fighter to kinda push her to the limit a bit so she it makes no sense for a 3rd encounter (although I personally want to see one) Dana publicly said that Ronda was the no.1 contender and would get another crack at Rousey but instead they low ball her; worse thing she gets the news via social media. Having said that she is the no.2 ranked fighter in the UFC so what next? back to strikeforce if things don't go well? doesn't look like she's getting a title shot. Dana should never have said that he was giving her a title shot if that wasn't the intention.

Perhaps Tate should do what Rousey is not willing to, face Cyborg.

HOLM bring the element of surprise, Ronda didn't expected those kicks :O
[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] [MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] did she lose on purpose

Eu9J7ga.gif

BREAKING NEWS: RONDA ROUSEY JUST LOST
eFLZPOT.gif
!!!!!!! THE STREAK......IS OVER
hkukjty.png
. So, how long do you guys give it until Stephanie starts name dropping Holly Holm all over social media, interviews, and through commentators? Is this Dana's way of writing Rousey off television so she can work with WWE?
1eUuCsD.gif

The mark of a great fighter is the ability to take the big shots, big kicks, big punches to the face and to stay on your feet for eternity or if you get knocked down, to get back up asap.

Rousey failed and this has diminished her standing in the sport big time.

The mark of a great fighter is the ability to take the big shots, big kicks, big punches to the face and to stay on your feet for eternity or if you get knocked down, to get back up asap.

Rousey failed and this has diminished her standing in the sport big time.

I bet she will kill Holms in the re-match

I bet she will kill Holms in the re-match
With such a crap chin. Doubt it. The way she lost this fight, her opponents from now on, will always stand a feet taller when stepping in the ring with her.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

With such a crap chin. Doubt it. The way she lost this fight, her opponents from now on, will always stand a feet taller when stepping in the ring with her.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

youre talking as if she is a dunce and won't even attempt to come up with a counter strategy to that

youre talking as if she is a dunce and won't even attempt to come up with a counter strategy to that

Very True and in MMA Ronda won't always be up against fighters of Holms style; in the Octogon Holms boxing/kick-boxing is of an elite standard in comparison to the others but Ronda must defeat her to restore her credibility. Am going to get a look at the fight now and comment on how devastating the kick was; thing is when you're caught flush even the best fall and that seemed like a kick which would allow an opponent to capitalize on the situation while you're on the ground even if you didn't get KO'd.

I just watched the fight :))) Going by these comments everyone made it seem as if Ronda was dominating Holms who caught her with one of her kicks. Surely those who actually watched the fight wouldn't be saying things like "Ronda will Kill Holms in the rematch" lmao Holms was totally dominant throughout the fight she controlled distance beautifully and gave Ronda plenty of problems with her left hand and movement; even took Ronda down! that got to be a huge psychological scar and then the way she made her look like a complete amateur by ducking under that left hook was incredible. Honestly in the rematch I'd be backing Holms. [MENTION=132954]Aman[/MENTION] it's not going to be easy for Ronda to come back from that but it's possible, Holms absolutely destroyed her.

[MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] Boxing >>>> MMA hahaha seriously though Floyd would be proud of the movement displayed by Holms that was a masterclass, I know Holly was only an inch taller but people don't realise it still makes a huge difference for someone with amazing footwork

Last edited:
Ronda wanted to retire undefeated :))) :))) Am a fan of Ronda but honestly that girl got a chip on her shoulder

Also, Ronda's chin isn't the greatest or as good as someone like Miesha but for the entire fight she was walking into straight lefts that were connecting FLUSH; head movement was minimal to and the defence was absolutely shocking. Ronda didn't give Holms respect but at the same time was caught of guard by how good she was. Not taking anything away from Holms though because she outclassed Rowdy

Holms is also the first Boxing World Champion to win a UFC world title, possibly the first in the sport of MMA am not sure. Holms is widely regarded as one of the greatest female boxers of all time and her skill showed in the fight against Rousey; Boxers who give foot-movement so much emphasis are not easy to hit even in the MMA world and Rousey happened to encounter one of the best. We also shouldn't forget that Rousey in fact had Holms in the clinch during the fight and at one point took her down but Holms managed to survive both times.

[MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] is trying his best to avoid PP for today :))) he's going to watch the replay whilst trying not to see the updates for UFC 193, am tagging you! don't be a jobber! lets bury these C- Players:dalmiya

The straight left did the most damage at the end there; it was only a matter of time after that but Holms used the kick to finish her off Mortal Kombat/Tekken Style :akhtar [MENTION=137419]dashing_man[/MENTION]

[MENTION=137419]dashing_man[/MENTION] we all know how Ronda wants to be a WWE star, I think Dana wanted her to put Holms over on the way out :))). Anyway if Ronda does decide to take her ball home and decide she no longer enjoys getting hit in the face now that she knows what it actually feels like she could always follow in the footsteps of Brocky :yk

The straight left did the most damage at the end there; it was only a matter of time after that but Holms used the kick to finish her off Mortal Kombat/Tekken Style :akhtar [MENTION=137419]dashing_man[/MENTION]

People other places are saying Ronda lost like Brock as he did to Cain :)))

[MENTION=137419]dashing_man[/MENTION] we all know how Ronda wants to be a WWE star, I think Dana wanted her to put Holms over on the way out :))). Anyway if Ronda does decide to take her ball home and decide she no longer enjoys getting hit in the face now that she knows what it actually feels like she could always follow in the footsteps of Brocky :yk

:))) :))) Ronda was sour, didn't do post fight interview :(

Daria tweeted "So now we can get Me V Ronda in WWE" :yk

PS: tbh, I think she lost on purpose

[MENTION=137419]dashing_man[/MENTION] I kinda called it didn't I :yk

do you didn't :yk

Its me, its all me. I jinxed Ronda :(

I posted that if Holm wins I will jump off a cliff. Am waiting for [MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] cuz he said he will catch me :)))

[MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] is trying his best to avoid PP for today :))) he's going to watch the replay whilst trying not to see the updates for UFC 193, am tagging you! don't be a jobber! lets bury these C- Players:dalmiya

Twitter is the worst spoiler channel today. You just can't dodge the Power of Twitter :))

People other places are saying Ronda lost like Brock as he did to Cain :)))

I don't think that's a fair comparison because Brock was never an MMA beast in the sport he started out in the Octagon a bit late in his career and had lost prior to that. Ronda was undefeated and incredibly full of confidence/arrogance because she was so good and on another level compared to the rest but unlike her other opponents Holms was a world class boxer with a background in Kick boxing to so her use of distance and striking was going to be hard to deal with. I'd say to an extent this loss is similar to Tyson losing to Douglas except that while Ronda is similar to Tyson (who btw didn't even prepare for the fight with douglas he was too busy getting high :))) ) Holms was a better challenger then Douglas and generally expected to give Ronda her toughest fight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Twitter is the worst spoiler channel today. You just can't dodge the Power of Twitter :))

lol just don't click on it and turn your notifications off, unless someone texts you or sends a message on whatsapp then you're screwed; I always do that to my jobber friends :))) when the Taker streak ended I sent everyone a message :)))

lol just don't click on it and turn your notifications off, unless someone texts you or sends a message on whatsapp then you're screwed; I always do that to my jobber friends :))) when the Taker streak ended I sent everyone a message :)))

:))

I just started to watch the match when my bro from work called me, I thought it was important so I received the call. He was shouting 'Brock WOn BROCK WON" :mv spoiled all the fun though I was the one who called it

do you didn't :yk

Its me, its all me. I jinxed Ronda :(

I posted that if Holm wins I will jump off a cliff. Am waiting for [MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] cuz he said he will catch me :)))

I didn't claim Ronda was going to defeat Holms and I said Holly has a better chance then her previous opponents so it was me! it was me all along! Seriously though am so happy for Holly, she's such a nice person and a real sweetheart really happy for her and her family. Guess what her nickname is? "The Molvis Daughter" :))) epic gimmick [MENTION=47617]Red Devil[/MENTION] is going to make his debut in Ring of Jobbers with that gimmick and am going to be his manager

I didn't claim Ronda was going to defeat Holms and I said Holly has a better chance then her previous opponents so it was me! it was me all along! Seriously though am so happy for Holly, she's such a nice person and a real sweetheart really happy for her and her family. Guess what her nickname is? "The Molvis Daughter" :))) epic gimmick [MENTION=47617]Red Devil[/MENTION] is going to make his debut in Ring of Jobbers with that gimmick and am going to be his manager
I love that nickname lmao, sounds kinda badass in a weird way.

Btw you never know, maybe it was the Molvis' dam daroods which led to Ronda's downfall :)))

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION]

do you think anyone (including the organizations themselves) see WWE (and its likes) and UFC as competitors? (fan base, commercially etc etc)

do you think anyone (including the organizations themselves) see WWE (and its likes) and UFC as competitors? (fan base, commercially etc etc)

Boxing is such a big sport that I don't think it will ever see the UFC as competition, just look at the number of governing body's now etc UFC is more of a promotion then anything else so I guess to an extent WWE would be competition but not entirely, other MMA companies like Strike Force and Bellator are natural competitors but UFC has out grown them as the premier MMA promotion in the world and it often scouts talent from their competitors. UFC in recent times has taken inspiration from the WWE when it comes to promoting their events and after the success Lesnar had after crossing from the WWE they realise that if they can somehow appeal to pro-wrestling fans in this era they'd do well to increase their PPV buyrate; hence why they signed someone like CM Punk who has a big fan following. I'd say during the Attitude era of wrestling there were loads of fans into MMA at the same time but the UFC hadn't picked up then and when WWE slowly began to transition from TV-14 to PG it lost most of their hardcore fans to the UFC.

where is [MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] can't wait for his thoughts, the rest of you are jobbers :))

i can't watch the video, it says its private

It has been deleted by the user but this is what Miesha Tate said:

""I'm Effing stoked," Tate said. "Honestly, Eff Ronda Rousey. Eff her and her nobody has the right to beat her -- well, you just got beat, biatch!"

:))) #PipeBomb

""I'm proud of Holly. She had the perfect, flawless game plan," Tate said. "She came in here tonight and she's the champion and I look forward to that fight because I think I'm next in line."

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] Tate beats Holms for the title and then loses again to Ronda :yk

I can see the writing on the wall for this one :))

It has been deleted by the user but this is what Miesha Tate said:

""I'm Effing stoked," Tate said. "Honestly, Eff Ronda Rousey. Eff her and her nobody has the right to beat her -- well, you just got beat, biatch!"

:))) #PipeBomb

""I'm proud of Holly. She had the perfect, flawless game plan," Tate said. "She came in here tonight and she's the champion and I look forward to that fight because I think I'm next in line."

:)))

Ronda should let her fight Holms and hopefully Tate wins the title and then Ronda invoke her rematch :hafeez2

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] Tate beats Holms for the title and then loses again to Ronda :yk

I can see the writing on the wall for this one :))

:))) I was thinking the same. Miesha has a better chance of beating Holms then Ronda given that her style; she's a lot more patient, technically gifted in that her work is smart and on the ground no one can beat her when it comes to wrestling; in recent times she has improved her striking to and has pretty decent power to go along with that granite chin.

:)))

Ronda should let her fight Holms and hopefully Tate wins the title and then Ronda invoke her rematch :hafeez2

I like Ronda but I'd be backing Tate given that she's my favourite fighter but at the same at least she has a good chance of becoming a UFC champion :)) I thought that wouldn't come until Rousey retired

I'm a casual UFC fan but happy that loudmouth rousey got beaten. Hopefully this will humble her and stop her from running her mouth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm a casual UFC fan but happy that loudmouth rousey got beaten. Hopefully this will humble her and stop her from running her mouth.

She just needs a good old grilling mara prah WOOOO! Fir sab kich teek oyjasi, also thanks for your posts in that thread I will have to get back to it and learn about some of the history chistry at some point but kasme tusah ithnee shaar oh my head was about explode taking in all that info :)) but nice to learn some stuff for once beyond all the trolling when it comes to those discussions

Also did you know majority of the old school attitude era fans jumped to MMA? most of their hardcore fans were big fans of ECW, the AE era etc Anchorman grew up as a wrestling fan that made the switch

She just needs a good old grilling mara prah WOOOO! Fir sab kich teek oyjasi, also thanks for your posts in that thread I will have to get back to it and learn about some of the history chistry at some point but kasme tusah ithnee shaar oh my head was about explode taking in all that info :)) but nice to learn some stuff for once beyond all the trolling when it comes to those discussions

Also did you know majority of the old school attitude era fans jumped to MMA? most of their hardcore fans were big fans of ECW, the AE era etc Anchorman grew up as a wrestling fan that made the switch

Praa Eugene oh thread Vich meh koni thakya. Usna damaak phatti jaana. Mike sirf tohra patha ah. Eh boh complex the interesting topic eh. Prah Hun rousey ki tohra aqal nal gal karna paisee. And I know bro what's annoying is mma fanboys who are always trying to showcase how superior it is to wrestling n boxing.

Praa Eugene oh thread Vich meh koni thakya. Usna damaak phatti jaana. Mike sirf tohra patha ah. Eh boh complex the interesting topic eh. Prah Hun rousey ki tohra aqal nal gal karna paisee. And I know bro what's annoying is mma fanboys who are always trying to showcase how superior it is to wrestling n boxing.

kasme tu say zhoor kar paray vich tha fir sareya mirpuri ki deport kar please :))) Say gal ah, oh ithni changi kerni si keh oh chan gi si mai ithna critical uski na karnah kiyun keh oh pro-wrestling ki izzat karni jisrah MMA neh fan boh begairut eh laykin oh fir vi izzat karni tha usne maruh mai uski respect karna ah. Honestly Adil they are 10x more retarded and fickle then WWE marks

kasme tu say zhoor kar paray vich tha fir sareya mirpuri ki deport kar please :))) Say gal ah, oh ithni changi kerni si keh oh chan gi si mai ithna critical uski na karnah kiyun keh oh pro-wrestling ki izzat karni jisrah MMA neh fan boh begairut eh laykin oh fir vi izzat karni tha usne maruh mai uski respect karna ah. Honestly Adil they are 10x more retarded and fickle then WWE marks
They are so insecure and desperate for mma to be the undisputed king of sports entertainment. Damn it. Mma is exciting but boxing has a greater tradition and a glorious history. And just more popularity amongst the masses.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

They are so insecure and desperate for mma to be the undisputed king of sports entertainment. Damn it. Mma is exciting but boxing has a greater tradition and a glorious history. And just more popularity amongst the masses.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Totally agree. Also you should have thrown the damn towel Adil!!!!

rocky.png

Wow. That's the only way I can describe yesterday. I know you've been waiting for me to give my thoughts about this fight ever since it happened, but I only just got well enough to type. I was actually sick on the day of the fight and once it happened, I actually got so sick, I spent the rest of the day getting IVs. :)))

Back to the fight, shazzy. I knew that it would be practically impossible to avoid the result of this fight since Ronda is such a public figure these days, so I actually went to a friend's place and watched it live. This event popped his cherry when it came to being a UFC fan. He's a big Ronda fan and couldn't understand why I hated her so much. I explained to him as elaborately as possible how difficult it was to like her when she came up with pompous statements like she can beat Cain Velasquez/Floyd/95℅ of male bantamweights. Then you had her random rant about Holly before the fight calling her fake and a ***** when she has been nothing but respectful and her antics at weigh-in. Combine that with her unsportsmanlike behavior and you've pretty much got the perfect heel.

The event itself was a dud tbh and the record crowd was an absolute bore. For a city that had been starved of MMA, they were simply awful. Other venues in Australia were much better.

Then came the actual fight that we had been waiting for. As soon as Holly's music hit and she came out, my friend and I looked at each other and laughed. I told him that I had never seen a Rousey challenger look so calm and determined. Holly's stoic expression was chilling. It was as if she knew something that we didn't. She simply had the one thing that nobody else that had fought Rousey had - championship experience. She had conquered another sport before. She knew what it felt like to have the world at her feet except she had that fame in an even bigger sport. She knew that if she let her training take over and just do whatever the best trainer in MMA taught her, she would win. She knew that this was the time to write her name down in the pantheons of MMA greats forever. She knew it was now time to conquer another sport.

It was not just me who felt this way either. The vegas odds agreed with me. Holm's odds started at +2200 and by fight time, the odds had gone down to just +800.

Holly simply fought the perfect fight. She fought like someone who had been in the gym 15-17 hours a day for 4-5 months. She fought like someone who had been preparing to beat Rousey ever since she picked up MMA gloves. She knew what Ronda was going to do because Ronda told her multiple times during interviews. She knew Ronda would bull-rush her and she would cut angles and keep her distance. Ronda played double-bluff trying to actually strike with a boxing Hall of famer. She got rocked. She tried to fall back on her judo and when Holly stuffed her first armbar attempt and actually took her down, Rousey was done. She had the self-belief drained out of her and the KO was inevitable. And the KO..my my..was it glorious. Been an MMA fan since over a decade and NEVER have a screamed louder and actually pinched myself to see if this was real. It was. Holly Holm had conquered who the UFC hype machine called a "Once Ever" athlete.

Holly's interviews after that have only enhanced her reputation further. People think Ronda can beat her in a rematch but it wasn't like it was a fluke KO. She outclassed Ronda in every aspect. Yes, Ronda will come in with better striking in the rematch but Holly will come in with much superior grappling as well. We won't see that fight for a year though as Ronda has broken her jaw. I don't see Tate winning against Holly either but you never know with Meisha. She's a tough cookie. You can't bet against Holm now though.

So yeah, in all my years of watching MMA, this was the biggest upset. Yes, even bigger than Silva/Weidman, TJ/Barao and GSP/Serra. It's also worth noting that I have never seen the MMA community so unified in rejoicing a fighter's loss. The casuals may have loved her and she may have brought a ton of new fans to the sport but the hardcore community will be glad that there will be no more Floyd/Cain/Leila Ali talk, the ONCE EVER bull**** and questions of how many men she can beat. Trust me, as a hardcore fan, we are glad to see the back of the Ronda Rousey legend.

Wow. That's the only way I can describe yesterday. I know you've been waiting for me to give my thoughts about this fight ever since it happened, but I only just got well enough to type. I was actually sick on the day of the fight and once it happened, I actually got so sick, I spent the rest of the day getting IVs. :)))

Back to the fight, shazzy. I knew that it would be practically impossible to avoid the result of this fight since Ronda is such a public figure these days, so I actually went to a friend's place and watched it live. This event popped his cherry when it came to being a UFC fan. He's a big Ronda fan and couldn't understand why I hated her so much. I explained to him as elaborately as possible how difficult it was to like her when she came up with pompous statements like she can beat Cain Velasquez/Floyd/95℅ of male bantamweights. Then you had her random rant about Holly before the fight calling her fake and a ***** when she has been nothing but respectful and her antics at weigh-in. Combine that with her unsportsmanlike behavior and you've pretty much got the perfect heel.

The event itself was a dud tbh and the record crowd was an absolute bore. For a city that had been starved of MMA, they were simply awful. Other venues in Australia were much better.

Then came the actual fight that we had been waiting for. As soon as Holly's music hit and she came out, my friend and I looked at each other and laughed. I told him that I had never seen a Rousey challenger look so calm and determined. Holly's stoic expression was chilling. It was as if she knew something that we didn't. She simply had the one thing that nobody else that had fought Rousey had - championship experience. She had conquered another sport before. She knew what it felt like to have the world at her feet except she had that fame in an even bigger sport. She knew that if she let her training take over and just do whatever the best trainer in MMA taught her, she would win. She knew that this was the time to write her name down in the pantheons of MMA greats forever. She knew it was now time to conquer another sport.

It was not just me who felt this way either. The vegas odds agreed with me. Holm's odds started at +2200 and by fight time, the odds had gone down to just +800.

Holly simply fought the perfect fight. She fought like someone who had been in the gym 15-17 hours a day for 4-5 months. She fought like someone who had been preparing to beat Rousey ever since she picked up MMA gloves. She knew what Ronda was going to do because Ronda told her multiple times during interviews. She knew Ronda would bull-rush her and she would cut angles and keep her distance. Ronda played double-bluff trying to actually strike with a boxing Hall of famer. She got rocked. She tried to fall back on her judo and when Holly stuffed her first armbar attempt and actually took her down, Rousey was done. She had the self-belief drained out of her and the KO was inevitable. And the KO..my my..was it glorious. Been an MMA fan since over a decade and NEVER have a screamed louder and actually pinched myself to see if this was real. It was. Holly Holm had conquered who the UFC hype machine called a "Once Ever" athlete.

Holly's interviews after that have only enhanced her reputation further. People think Ronda can beat her in a rematch but it wasn't like it was a fluke KO. She outclassed Ronda in every aspect. Yes, Ronda will come in with better striking in the rematch but Holly will come in with much superior grappling as well. We won't see that fight for a year though as Ronda has broken her jaw. I don't see Tate winning against Holly either but you never know with Meisha. She's a tough cookie. You can't bet against Holm now though.

So yeah, in all my years of watching MMA, this was the biggest upset. Yes, even bigger than Silva/Weidman, TJ/Barao and GSP/Serra. It's also worth noting that I have never seen the MMA community so unified in rejoicing a fighter's loss. The casuals may have loved her and she may have brought a ton of new fans to the sport but the hardcore community will be glad that there will be no more Floyd/Cain/Leila Ali talk, the ONCE EVER bull**** and questions of how many men she can beat. Trust me, as a hardcore fan, we are glad to see the back of the Ronda Rousey legend.

YES! YES! YES! Anchorman finally wakes up :))) I want to grab you in a Mark Henry Bear Hug, hope you get well soon man.

I know you are a hardcore fan of the sport and how your dislike for Ronda is justified because she is the perfect heel much like Floyd who is a bigger doucehbag tbh but even though the legend of the Rowdy one has ended you have to give it to her bro; she bought so many new fans to the sport and this is vindicated by her main-event status in a sport which has been dominated by the men for decades. On top of that no one can deny the impact she has had on female combat sport; Ronda has inspired a generation of female athletes which will be extremely healthy for the growth of female combat sport in general. And lets not forget all she has achieved prior to the loss against Holm, Olympians are on another level and Rousey was a league above her competition it's just that she happened to bump into a fighter who belonged in the same league and we can see that from Holms glorious boxing career where she defeated them all and became a champion 3 weight divisions.

I agree with Dana in that had Ronda succeeded with her tactics no one would have complained so lets not take anything away from Holms victory, Ronda defeated all her opponents in the same manner and the most pivotal moment of the fight for me was when Holms survived the Judo Takedown and then took Ronda down herself! also survived the clinch to! Thing is Ronda was so over-hyped that she became a victim of her own ability and then followed the ludicrous statements beating men etc but it's all about promoting a specific image to which proved to be a huge draw amongst the casuals. I didn't like her behaviour at the weigh in, Holms has conducted herself with nothing but honour and dignity; even after the fight! she went to Rousey and hugged her, she could easily have done a Lesnar on Mir but she didn't. Rousey knew exactly what Holms was capable of and yet their tactics were never going to change they thought they could get her out of there but Holms superior movement and striking ability was too much for Rowdy who was also trying to box with her; after walking into to those flush straight lefts for the entire round she was completely gassed after that while Holms barely broke a sweat! her strength and conditioning was incredible to she usually prepares for lengthy fights as it is given the boxing influence but dammit Amir! that was one thing that stood out for me Holms was in the BEST SHAPE OF HER life! like you said the time spent in the gym really showed.

Holms didn't even feel she was ready for Rousey yet! I think even she became a little influenced by the hype but was like you need to take the chances which come your way. And honestly [MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] that finish was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in MMA, Holms not once tried to force her kicks and played of her boxing strength and only used them when absolutely neccesary and there was minimal risk and when she did decide to kick both caused quiet a bit of damage especially the side kick! before the finish though I feel Ronda was knocked out by the straight left the ref should have stopped the fight then imo or prevented the hammer fists after Ronda had absorbed the finishing kick but she was still being hit while unconscious I was very concerned for her health at the time. But man that finish from Holms was something out of a Mortal Kombat/Tekken Video Game! damn!

Miesha v Holms is the next logical fight imo and it's not going to be an easy defence but I expect Holms to win on points but like you say you never know with Miesha who has improved her striking pretty significantly and also happened to out wrestle a silver wrestling olympic medalist in her recent fight so she seems to be getting better. Yeah Holms was shockingly calm! it's because she had been in championship situations before and on top of that endured great moments of disturbances but managed to come out on top.

Can Rousey come back? for me Holms will be the favourite in their next fight easily! bro i had not seen the fight and going by the posts in this thread everyone was making it out as if Rousey was dominating the fight before being KO'd :))) bunch of jobbers I tell ya, one jobber goes Rousey will Kill Holms in the rematch:uakmal

Last edited:
Come here you :misbah

screw him :))) I said that Holms has a better chance then all her previous Rousey opponents and not once did i say Rousey was going to win, you have take me to Disney Land [MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] :))) screw it we take Eugene to :))) [MENTION=137419]dashing_man[/MENTION]

[MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] to be fair to the audience they did pop for the Rousey v Holm fight and I was really happy when they gave Holm a beautiful reaction after she had won. If am honest with you when it comes to these events I never sit through the entire event unless my favourites are performing or a particular fight is must-see, usually watch main-events and I tend to pick an undercard fight to see be it boxing or MMA. I think only WWE PPV's am able to sit through the entire event but that's only the important events; mania, RR, SummerSlam, MITB and sometimes Survior Series/TLC.

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] [MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] I think they're making a reboot of Rocky kind of

yeah can't wait for that hopefully its even better then southpaw.

of course it will be better than Southpaw, main reason is WWE ain't promoting it. WWE promotes all crappy movies.

I hope Rocky gives some phainty to someone in this movie and I want Paulie too :( I hope they don't kill Burt Young in this one. Hated when they killed Adrien :moyo

of course it will be better than Southpaw, main reason is WWE ain't promoting it. WWE promotes all crappy movies.

I hope Rocky gives some phainty to someone in this movie and I want Paulie too :( I hope they don't kill Burt Young in this one. Hated when they killed Adrien :moyo

Burt Young and Adrien are not returning; Adrien just kinda died because of cancer and Burt fell off. Did you know the relation between mickey and rockey was based on the real life relationship between Tyson and Cus'D'mato? Cus took Tyson in who was homeless and they had so much love for each other. Tyson fell off when the only person who guided him in his life died, Tyson was never closer to anyone in his life other then Cus who was the only family he ever had:

The final words of Cus in that interview were used by Mickey in Rocky IV:

It's really sad isn't it, you should watch the Tyson documentary; at least he's in a good place in his life now.

Burt Young and Adrien are not returning; Adrien just kinda died because of cancer and Burt fell off. Did you know the relation between mickey and rockey was based on the real life relationship between Tyson and Cus'D'mato? Cus took Tyson in who was homeless and they had so much love for each other. Tyson fell off when the only person who guided him in his life died, Tyson was never closer to anyone in his life other then Cus who was the only family he ever had:

The final words of Cus in that interview were used by Mickey in Rocky IV:

It's really sad isn't it, you should watch the Tyson documentary; at least he's in a good place in his life now.

thanks for making me cry you tool :((

GOD i don't know how many times I've been teary watching Rocky and that's the only movie who connected to my heard, don't know why but it did

thanks for making me cry you tool :((

GOD i don't know how many times I've been teary watching Rocky and that's the only movie who connected to my heard, don't know why but it did

it's because boxing is a metaphor of life itself :))

And the relation between Tyson and Cus gets me to, very few people can share that type of bond with people they really care for

YES! YES! YES! Anchorman finally wakes up :))) I want to grab you in a Mark Henry Bear Hug, hope you get well soon man.

*virtual bear hug* I know the feel bro. I went crazy after the finish and immediately wanted to post on PP and hear your reaction.

I know you are a hardcore fan of the sport and how your dislike for Ronda is justified because she is the perfect heel much like Floyd who is a bigger doucehbag tbh but even though the legend of the Rowdy one has ended you have to give it to her bro; she bought so many new fans to the sport and this is vindicated by her main-event status in a sport which has been dominated by the men for decades. On top of that no one can deny the impact she has had on female combat sport; Ronda has inspired a generation of female athletes which will be extremely healthy for the growth of female combat sport in general. And lets not forget all she has achieved prior to the loss against Holm, Olympians are on another level and Rousey was a league above her competition it's just that she happened to bump into a fighter who belonged in the same league and we can see that from Holms glorious boxing career where she defeated them all and became a champion 3 weight divisions.

Interesting analysis. Ronda certainly has inspired a generation of female fighters and I'd have to give her props for that. This is easily the biggest reaction to a female combat sports' fight I've ever seen. The fact that the aftermath is still going on speaks volumes of Ronda's ability but it also speaks volumes of the UFC hype machine. They certainly embraced the fact that Ronda/Conor were their cashcows and spent a bucketload of money on them and that certainly paid off as now a wider audience follows MMA.

You're absolutely correct about Olympians and the level of competition they have to face. This was pretty much the reason why Ronda was able to blow away the competition. Prior to the Holm fight, the biggest chance I gave to any of her opponents was to McMann who was a silver-medalist. However, credit to Ronda, who took some of McMann's bombs and got the clinch and landed a perfect knee to the liver.

I agree with Dana in that had Ronda succeeded with her tactics no one would have complained so lets not take anything away from Holms victory, Ronda defeated all her opponents in the same manner and the most pivotal moment of the fight for me was when Holms survived the Judo Takedown and then took Ronda down herself! also survived the clinch to! Thing is Ronda was so over-hyped that she became a victim of her own ability and then followed the ludicrous statements beating men etc but it's all about promoting a specific image to which proved to be a huge draw amongst the casuals. I didn't like her behaviour at the weigh in, Holms has conducted herself with nothing but honour and dignity; even after the fight! she went to Rousey and hugged her, she could easily have done a Lesnar on Mir but she didn't. Rousey knew exactly what Holms was capable of and yet their tactics were never going to change they thought they could get her out of there but Holms superior movement and striking ability was too much for Rowdy who was also trying to box with her; after walking into to those flush straight lefts for the entire round she was completely gassed after that while Holms barely broke a sweat! her strength and conditioning was incredible to she usually prepares for lengthy fights as it is given the boxing influence but dammit Amir! that was one thing that stood out for me Holms was in the BEST SHAPE OF HER life! like you said the time spent in the gym really showed.

Exactly. You simply can't give Holly enough credit. She's just a professional through and through. I also don't buy into the hype that the only reason Ronda lost was because she didn't implement her game-plan. Well, she sure as hell tried! It took Ronda LITERALLY one minute to realize that Holm was on another level striking and she tried to take her down, which got stuffed. That's when panic started to set and she started bull-rushing. Holm had been there and done that. She had been at the pinnacle of boxing and this kind of pressure was not new to her. The only thing that probably put her off was the fact that she had never been counted out like this before and that only served the purpose of spurring her on and work even harder. That showed in the fight.

Holms didn't even feel she was ready for Rousey yet! I think even she became a little influenced by the hype but was like you need to take the chances which come your way. And honestly [MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] that finish was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in MMA, Holms not once tried to force her kicks and played of her boxing strength and only used them when absolutely neccesary and there was minimal risk and when she did decide to kick both caused quiet a bit of damage especially the side kick! before the finish though I feel Ronda was knocked out by the straight left the ref should have stopped the fight then imo or prevented the hammer fists after Ronda had absorbed the finishing kick but she was still being hit while unconscious I was very concerned for her health at the time. But man that finish from Holms was something out of a Mortal Kombat/Tekken Video Game! damn!

The only finishes that come close to this are the Weidman/Silva and GSP/Serra ones. In terms of fatality, this takes the bakery though. :)) Herb Dean was heavily influenced by the UFC brass and just had too much pressure on his shoulders to not stop the fight until Ronda was completely out. Ronda was gone as soon as the knee landed, the rest of the punches were unnecessary and I'm sure if there was a competent ref like Big John McCarthy, he would've stopped the fight as soon as Ronda hit the canvas.

Can Rousey come back? for me Holms will be the favourite in their next fight easily! bro i had not seen the fight and going by the posts in this thread everyone was making it out as if Rousey was dominating the fight before being KO'd :))) bunch of jobbers I tell ya, one jobber goes Rousey will Kill Holms in the rematch:uakmal

I'd say Rousey can come back but it will be tough now that the aura of invincibility is gone. She's pretty much out for the year and we'll have to see how this loss effects her endorsements and movie signings because if she feels those are dying down then she will either be completely deflated or it may spur her on and actually work on her game further.

I also have some more theories that I will put forward in the next posts.

First of all, Rousey needs to change camps. Edmond is literally one of the worst coaches I've ever seen. She would really benefit from going to a serious camp where her every move isn't being applauded. You've got to understand that there's a fine line between motivating your fighter and deluding them. That's what Edmond did. Coming out with statements like she drops boxing champs in the gym? Seriously? Do you people know that there are now stories coming out that Ronda never actually SPARRED?! See, how crazy that sounds! It actually makes complete sense considering how awful she was at cutting off angles in the Holly fight. Also, she needs to show some humility. I get the heel act gets people to tune in, but stuff like punching Holm after the bell is clearly not on and had it been any other fighter it would've been made in to a big deal.

Secondly, UFC and Dana in particular needs to realize the golden goose that they have in Holly Holm. People may say that in Rousey, they have lost their cash cow, but I say that it's the opposite. In Holly Holm, they now have the perfect role-model, a person who is humble, doesn't talk ****, is undefeated and just comes there to fight. You guys need to see her interview where she's calling for people to stop trolling Ronda and that she is a legend. She is literally a darling.

I know people will say that these nice guys personas don't work. Hell yeah, they do, if you market them properly! GSP was the biggest star the company has ever had and he was the nicest guy around. UFC need to put all their power behind Holly now that Ronda is done. They marketed Ronda as a "Once Ever" athlete. You know what? I think that applies to Holm more aptly. She has made an unprecedented transition into a sport that is notoriously difficult.

They need to market her as THE BEST FEMALE FIGHTER EVER because unlike Rousey, she actually has a claim to be that. She is a 3-division champ and a HOFer in boxing with just 2 losses (the most recent of which she avenged), along with the fact that she is undefeated in MMA and beat the supposed GOAT of WMMA. Believe me, people will tune in.

On a sidenote, I am pretty confident that Rousey will make her return at UFC 200 and it will be a rematch with Holm. They'll stack that card and put Conor/Aldo II as the co-main, and mark my words, if any UFC card is going to break that 2 million buys barrier, it will be this one.

So it was some surprise when Mayweather expressed sympathy for Rousey following the loss of her unbeaten record to a knockout by Holly Holm in Melbourne over the weekend. “I haven’t really spoke to anyone about the Ronda Rousey situation, just to set the record straight,” Mayweather told Fighthype.com. “I don’t have anything against MMA fighters. It’s just like boxing; you win some, you lose some. A true champion can take a loss and bounce back.”

Mayweather denied having anything to do with a post by the hip-hop star 50 Cent that mocked the MMA fighter’s defeat by Holm. A picture on Instagram showed Rousey’s face superimposed over a dying Apollo Creed lying in the arms of Sylvester Stallone in Rocky IV with the words: “Floyd told me to post this. He want me to do the dirty work.”

“I don’t think it’s cool how everyone is trolling her on social media,” Mayweather said. “Certain things you have to learn. People will love you on Friday and then Sunday morning, it’s nothing but negative comments and people making jokes and people making fun about you, which I don’t think is cool.

“I’m pretty sure she’s a very, very strong person, but we still have to take into consideration that she has feelings,” he added. “Everything happens for a reason. This was already written. Listen, if God says: ‘In Floyd’s career, I don’t want him to lose,’ you know what? I wasn’t going to lose. That doesn’t mean that I haven’t took a loss before.

“I’m not talking about boxing; I’m just talking about life. When you lose a loved one, that’s taking a loss. I think that everything is just a learning experience. In due time, she’ll be able to bounce back and make some noise again in mixed martial arts.”

A bit of humble-brag but overall a very classy interview by PBF.

I also have some more theories that I will put forward in the next posts.

Totally agree with all you've said bro! Honestly that was a BURIAL; in championship fights have you ever seen a hype job get decimated in that fashion? and it's the brutality of the decimation which stands out. Honestly Anchorman, those are the kind of fights which make you think twice about stepping in the Octogon; you begin to contemplate retirement and you can't blame the individual if they're unable to come back. It happened to Brock and it wasn't this bad but you know MMA isn't for everyone and this is the first time where Ronda has taken out in dastardly fashion.

Back