The UFC/MMA Thread

First of all, Rousey needs to change camps. Edmond is literally one of the worst coaches I've ever seen. She would really benefit from going to a serious camp where her every move isn't being applauded. You've got to understand that there's a fine line between motivating your fighter and deluding them. That's what Edmond did. Coming out with statements like she drops boxing champs in the gym? Seriously? Do you people know that there are now stories coming out that Ronda never actually SPARRED?! See, how crazy that sounds! It actually makes complete sense considering how awful she was at cutting off angles in the Holly fight. Also, she needs to show some humility. I get the heel act gets people to tune in, but stuff like punching Holm after the bell is clearly not on and had it been any other fighter it would've been made in to a big deal.

Secondly, UFC and Dana in particular needs to realize the golden goose that they have in Holly Holm. People may say that in Rousey, they have lost their cash cow, but I say that it's the opposite. In Holly Holm, they now have the perfect role-model, a person who is humble, doesn't talk ****, is undefeated and just comes there to fight. You guys need to see her interview where she's calling for people to stop trolling Ronda and that she is a legend. She is literally a darling.

I know people will say that these nice guys personas don't work. Hell yeah, they do, if you market them properly! GSP was the biggest star the company has ever had and he was the nicest guy around. UFC need to put all their power behind Holly now that Ronda is done. They marketed Ronda as a "Once Ever" athlete. You know what? I think that applies to Holm more aptly. She has made an unprecedented transition into a sport that is notoriously difficult.

They need to market her as THE BEST FEMALE FIGHTER EVER because unlike Rousey, she actually has a claim to be that. She is a 3-division champ and a HOFer in boxing with just 2 losses (the most recent of which she avenged), along with the fact that she is undefeated in MMA and beat the supposed GOAT of WMMA. Believe me, people will tune in.

On a sidenote, I am pretty confident that Rousey will make her return at UFC 200 and it will be a rematch with Holm. They'll stack that card and put Conor/Aldo II as the co-main, and mark my words, if any UFC card is going to break that 2 million buys barrier, it will be this one.

The guy said to her she was doing well after the first round :))) what the hell was that all about! you can't even say I was using reverse psychology because Ronda felt the pain man! he gave garbage advice to her; they never adjusted or anything like that. The tactics remained the same, a good coach slaps a bit of sense into you! that guy almost got Ronda Killed! God forbid. And you're right the management sounds very similar to Team Khan Management; if you create a beast which is called the hype job you're going to have people say all the right things and tell you what you want to here without actually playing a significant role in improving you as a fighter. I get that you want to promote a specific image which can get into the heads of various fighters but when push comes to shove you need to back up everything you say behind the scenes or else you're just setting yourself up for failure eventually.

I totally agree with you but UFC is no different to many promotions when it comes to their top guy; put it this way Ronda is like the Roman Reigns of the division while Holly is Cesaro; am not cynical guy I believe Holm is beautiful but when it comes to having a face of your division they are going to promote someone young and fresh as such a member on your roster is very appealing to all those cynical TV Shows and Magazines. But if Dana straps a rocket behind Holms back and pushes her to the moon he'd have created another main-eventer in the Banta-weight division but I doubt they are going to get behind Holms in the same fashion plus she isn't that controversial nor does she talk a lot of trash. Ronda and Conor had the whole gimmick going. But we've seen popular babyfaces and public darlings who've found a way to connect with a fanbase as history has shown us in sport and sports entertainment hehehe, you've got your frank bruno, Joe Louis and even Daniel Bryan :yk the machine need to realise that if they strap a rocket behinds Holms back they could possibly usher a mini golden period in female combat Sports. So i totally agree with you.

Btw do you think Holms would have ever had the capacity to move up to super middle in her boxing career? it's worth noting that Laila Ali would have ducked her :yk I do believe that Holm is on the brink of greatness and I do believe they should market her as the greatest female fighter in history and play up her boxing background but Dana got an ego when it comes to MMA so I doubt they will glorify that part of her career despite the sucess she had there.

Do you think Ronda can restore her stock a bit? I think she's still a huge draw, this loss won't hurt her that much because most of the casuals know who she is, heck she's more over then Conor on a mainstream level! so when it comes to all those endorsements and movies etc she won't be losing out. I think that MMA need a Ronda and in the grand scheme of things don't you think in a way this win by Holms is good for the the womens division as well?

So it was some surprise when Mayweather expressed sympathy for Rousey following the loss of her unbeaten record to a knockout by Holly Holm in Melbourne over the weekend. “I haven’t really spoke to anyone about the Ronda Rousey situation, just to set the record straight,” Mayweather told Fighthype.com. “I don’t have anything against MMA fighters. It’s just like boxing; you win some, you lose some. A true champion can take a loss and bounce back.”

Mayweather denied having anything to do with a post by the hip-hop star 50 Cent that mocked the MMA fighter’s defeat by Holm. A picture on Instagram showed Rousey’s face superimposed over a dying Apollo Creed lying in the arms of Sylvester Stallone in Rocky IV with the words: “Floyd told me to post this. He want me to do the dirty work.”

“I don’t think it’s cool how everyone is trolling her on social media,” Mayweather said. “Certain things you have to learn. People will love you on Friday and then Sunday morning, it’s nothing but negative comments and people making jokes and people making fun about you, which I don’t think is cool.

“I’m pretty sure she’s a very, very strong person, but we still have to take into consideration that she has feelings,” he added. “Everything happens for a reason. This was already written. Listen, if God says: ‘In Floyd’s career, I don’t want him to lose,’ you know what? I wasn’t going to lose. That doesn’t mean that I haven’t took a loss before.

“I’m not talking about boxing; I’m just talking about life. When you lose a loved one, that’s taking a loss. I think that everything is just a learning experience. In due time, she’ll be able to bounce back and make some noise again in mixed martial arts.”

A bit of humble-brag but overall a very classy interview by PBF.

:)) That can't have been Floyd, someone possessed him. Or maybe he saw a premonition of what would happen to him if he actually got in the ring with someone lethal for once :))) and then was a humbled a bit as well lmao

[MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] when you're away from PP I be like this:

gets depressing man lmao we use to have jokes man, we were so chill; everyone else is a C plus playa

then when you come back I be like this:

:)))

Good news for Rousey fans who are concern about the future of their mistress Ronda. MoneyMay the big hearted that he is has said this "'I want Ronda Rousey to hold her head up high and don't let this discourage you. If you need help as far as with boxing, I'm here to help you,' he told Fighthype.com.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/bo...y-boxing-don-t-blame-UFC-star-hitting-me.html

what did you expected ? that a guy would trash a women. It doesn't make him a big hearted.

what did you expected ? that a guy would trash a women. It doesn't make him a big hearted.

So a woman can trash a man but a man cannot even show his big hearted side. What a load of feminmist b.s. Stop taking the feminist stand and apperciate what MoneyMay has offered Miss. Rowdy.

So a woman can trash a man but a man cannot even show his big hearted side. What a load of feminmist b.s. Stop taking the feminist stand and apperciate what MoneyMay has offered Miss. Rowdy.

yes, a woman can and a man cannot. if a man trashes a woman on live tv then he's no more than a coward, faggot, insecure, **** of a person. and probably on verge of being a trans-gender

yes, a woman can and a man cannot. if a man trashes a woman on live tv then he's no more than a coward, faggot, insecure, **** of a person. and probably on verge of being a trans-gender

:))) :)))

I been waiting for this, a battle of the ages; Jobber v Jobber! Retard v Retard! this is the PP's Jobber equivalent of Rock v Austin dammit! :))) [MENTION=47617]Red Devil[/MENTION] [MENTION=136193]Adil_94[/MENTION] Eugene has triumphed in this once in a lifetime contest, ShahKhaan buried with the Eugene's Jobber Drop as Shazzy Bear looks on:

eugene-people-s-elbow-o.gif

ShahRetard was no match for the dashing one

I been waiting for this, a battle of the ages; Jobber v Jobber! Retard v Retard! this is the PP's Jobber equivalent of Rock v Austin dammit! :))) [MENTION=47617]Red Devil[/MENTION] [MENTION=136193]Adil_94[/MENTION] Eugene has triumphed in this once in a lifetime contest, ShahKhaan buried with the Eugene's Jobber Drop as Shazzy Bear looks on:

Lmao bro who is this dangar shah Khan never seen him before. Is it not another one of eugenes personas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lmao bro who is this dangar shah Khan never seen him before. Is it not another one of eugenes personas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No that guy is someone else :)) he's the ultimate Floyd Mayweather fanTard he looks up to him on a personal level it's so creepy, when you look at his posts am not surprised he's a floyd worshiper :)) He actually makes Eugene look like Sandow at times

No that guy is someone else :)) he's the ultimate Floyd Mayweather fanTard he looks up to him on a personal level it's so creepy, when you look at his posts am not surprised he's a floyd worshiper :)) He actually makes Eugene look like Sandow at times
Bah gawwd this is like eugene vs those local talent ryback used to destroy back when he debuted.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

This is Eugene's Wrestlemania moment bah gawd :)))

Pretty much was saying in my fight analysis :))) the entire fight was an advert for the PS1 Tekken, I still got it on my PSP :))) love the game

After having a few days to let the beat down of mistress Rowdy set in are you now able to admit that your beloved miss Rowdy got outclassed by Holm? And give credit where its due?

After having a few days to let the beat down of mistress Rowdy set in are you now able to admit that your beloved miss Rowdy got outclassed by Holm? And give credit where its due?

Not everyone is as mentally retarded like yourself and so stuck up Floyd's A-hole that they can't think logically or display an ounce of objectivity so like cheap low lives resort to trolling because that's what their narrow mind is limited to :yk2 how have you managed to survive so long in this world you absolute nugget :))) [MENTION=137419]dashing_man[/MENTION] check out ShahRetard he has come back for another spank

but your girl Floyd gave credit to Ronda. Why he didn't credit Holms. Very cheap guy this Floyd, probably wants to get in Ronda's pants

but your girl Floyd gave credit to Ronda. Why he didn't credit Holms. Very cheap guy this Floyd, probably wants to get in Ronda's pants

Ronda rather get in the bistar with a dead dog then that douche bag Floyd :))) the sexist and violent bigot pig just like his fans

[MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] look at the reactions man! nothing quiet like the feeling you get when you do well at a sport you love or when you reach the pinnacle! the feeling and all can't be described, put it this way it's even better then making love.

Also everyone has been speculating whether or not Ronda will appear at Wrestlemania but man WWE should lure Holly Holm! she's on absolute fire right now and even from the UFC's perspective it would do wonders for her stock! use Holly the way Vince used Tyson to build wrestlemania 24 and really push her reputation as the greatest and most fearsome women's combat sports competitor in history [MENTION=137419]dashing_man[/MENTION] it would be one hell of a trick imo both parties involved would benefit immensely

[MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] look at the reactions man! nothing quiet like the feeling you get when you do well at a sport you love or when you reach the pinnacle! the feeling and all can't be described, put it this way it's even better then making love.

Also everyone has been speculating whether or not Ronda will appear at Wrestlemania but man WWE should lure Holly Holm! she's on absolute fire right now and even from the UFC's perspective it would do wonders for her stock! use Holly the way Vince used Tyson to build wrestlemania 24 and really push her reputation as the greatest and most fearsome women's combat sports competitor in history [MENTION=137419]dashing_man[/MENTION] it would be one hell of a trick imo both parties involved would benefit immensely

Holm V Ronda at Mania. Danna will kill himself lol and Vince will be rubbing on his face for eternity

Holm V Ronda at Mania. Danna will kill himself lol and Vince will be rubbing on his face for eternity

:facepalm: who mentioned those two having a match at mania lmao and who spoke of Ronda taking part at the event? lol Ronda should not appear at wrestlemania, her stock has taken a big hit and she is no longer feared. I've seen loads of wrestling writers contemplate whether Ronda should appear at wrestlemania despite losing that it just occured to me that why isn't there any talk of Holly Holm? That would be an extremely shrewd move from the WWE if they managed to get her involved in the build up to mania 32, have her in a similar role to Tyson at mania 14 and build her up at the greatest womens fighter of all time and Holly certainly can back that claim up given how she has now conquered boxing and MMA. Just think about it, no one is entertaining the idea of Holm appearing for the WWE which will make it even more special if she is handled correctly

:facepalm: who mentioned those two having a match at mania lmao and who spoke of Ronda taking part at the event? lol Ronda should not appear at wrestlemania, her stock has taken a big hit and she is no longer feared. I've seen loads of wrestling writers contemplate whether Ronda should appear at wrestlemania despite losing that it just occured to me that why isn't there any talk of Holly Holm? That would be an extremely shrewd move from the WWE if they managed to get her involved in the build up to mania 32, have her in a similar role to Tyson at mania 14 and build her up at the greatest womens fighter of all time and Holly certainly can back that claim up given how she has now conquered boxing and MMA. Just think about it, no one is entertaining the idea of Holm appearing for the WWE which will make it even more special if she is handled correctly

that would boost things up for WWE and Holly no doubt but I think its very unlikely since there are already plans of Ronda V HHH & Stephanie.

Where do you think Holly should get involved if she's part of the show ?

that would boost things up for WWE and Holly no doubt but I think its very unlikely since there are already plans of Ronda V HHH & Stephanie.

Where do you think Holly should get involved if she's part of the show ?

She could be a special enforcer or ref for a high profile womens title match between Sasha Banks and Charlotte. No reason why she can't get her hands dirty if required in any capacity be it an official match, there are a number of creative possibilities/directions the machine could go for

She could be a special enforcer or ref for a high profile womens title match between Sasha Banks and Charlotte. No reason why she can't get her hands dirty if required in any capacity be it an official match, there are a number of creative possibilities/directions the machine could go for

OR

she could be the special enforcer in the main event or if the rumors are true in Taker V Cena match and do the right thing and kill Cena

OR

she could be the special enforcer in the main event or if the rumors are true in Taker V Cena match and do the right thing and kill Cena

Yes! I advocate this idea of yours, give him one of those kicks from that meme you posted earlier? I think it was tekken gameplay :yk

You still haven't got over Miss. Rowdy's humiliation? The despair in this post is hilarious. :))) I bet you are deeply frustrated but don't worry since like MoneyMay I am so big hearted here is something to help you with your frustration. An old video of Miss. Rowdy sparing in prime form.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cRu_5aHZjk8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Now stop making excuses and live with the fact that its over. Miss. Rowdy's aura is gone. Give credit to Holly Holm and stop utterly embarrassing yourself on a daily basis.

You probably don't even know who MoneyMay is, so lets make you understand in kiddie terms. A black guy years ago "fought" Big Show with boxing gloves on. That man is Money Mayweather. The undefeated King of boxing who has retired now.

You probably don't even know who MoneyMay is, so lets make you understand in kiddie terms. A black guy years ago "fought" Big Show with boxing gloves on. That man is Money Mayweather. The undefeated King of boxing who has retired now.

:facepalm: WWE ain't real.

and good that you mentioned this, your boy Floyd was such an insecure rat that he couldn't do what he was told to do because in his mind everyone was seeing him wet his pants. Big Show knelt before him and gave him an open shot. Floyd was told to just give a fake jab. Big Show told him not to hit on the nose, anywhere but the nose. But we all know how much of a coward Floyd is, he went real jabs and straight to his nose.

But this happened right after he landed those coward punches

run-chickens_o_GIFSoupcom.gif~c200

:facepalm: WWE ain't real.

and good that you mentioned this, your boy Floyd was such an insecure rat that he couldn't do what he was told to do because in his mind everyone was seeing him wet his pants. Big Show knelt before him and gave him an open shot. Floyd was told to just give a fake jab. Big Show told him not to hit on the nose, anywhere but the nose. But we all know how much of a coward Floyd is, he went real jabs and straight to his nose.

But this happened right after he landed those coward punches

:))) :))) :))) :))) @ that gif LOL that is the great career of Floyd CherryPicker ChickenWeather's career in one picture shahRetard [MENTION=137920]ShahKhan007[/MENTION] BURIED with the Eugene Elbow drop lmao DM cracks me up, Also [MENTION=137419]dashing_man[/MENTION] look at his troll posts full of butt hurt, did you know he once said to us that in MMA one round has 57 seconds :))), also apparently Floyd is his daddy or something he was trying to tell us that he's related to him in some way

:))) :))) :))) :))) @ that gif LOL that is the great career of Floyd CherryPicker ChickenWeather's career in one picture shahRetard [MENTION=137920]ShahKhan007[/MENTION] BURIED with the Eugene Elbow drop lmao DM cracks me up, Also [MENTION=137419]dashing_man[/MENTION] look at his troll posts full of butt hurt, did you know he once said to us that in MMA one round has 57 seconds :))), also apparently Floyd is his daddy or something he was trying to tell us that he's related to him in some way

57 seconds :))) :))) :))) :)))

I once botched up impressing some ladies by saying I got a 5 cent coffee, they buried me instantly and makes fun of me till today :))

and I dunno man, maybe he really is related to Floyd. I mean you can see that from his posts :))) :)))

57 seconds :))) :))) :))) :)))

I once botched up impressing some ladies by saying I got a 5 cent coffee, they buried me instantly and makes fun of me till today :))

and I dunno man, maybe he really is related to Floyd. I mean you can see that from his posts :))) :)))

Floyd owned ShahRetard in the bistar :))) that's why he speaks so highly of his daddy as if he's Jesus lmao and yeah have a look in this thread the post is somewhere he is just as stupid in general; his views on boxing are absolutely retarded as well he's just a wannabe fan that is a jobber in real life

Aldo vs McGregor not too far away now. The build up definitely hasn't been as intense and lively as the first time around but still a big showdown nevertheless. Hopefully this time both fighters can stay injury free. I think Aldo will put a beating on Mcgregor much like Holly beating up on Miss Rowdy. One thing you have wonder is will UFC let another one of their cashcow's lose soecially after the unexpected demise of Rousey?

Aldo vs McGregor not too far away now. The build up definitely hasn't been as intense and lively as the first time around but still a big showdown nevertheless. Hopefully this time both fighters can stay injury free. I think Aldo will put a beating on Mcgregor much like Holly beating up on Miss Rowdy. One thing you have wonder is will UFC let another one of their cashcow's lose soecially after the unexpected demise of Rousey?

The UFC is not the WWE you tool :facepalm: [MENTION=137419]dashing_man[/MENTION] this guy thinks Dana White is Vinny Mac :))) picking and choosing who they will allow to win in the Octogon, on a level Shah stop embarrassing yourself please

The UFC is not the WWE you tool :facepalm: [MENTION=137419]dashing_man[/MENTION] this guy thinks Dana White is Vinny Mac :))) picking and choosing who they will allow to win in the Octogon, on a level Shah stop embarrassing yourself please

did I just read right :))) :)))

I think ShahKhan just revealed how Floyd championship run was planned :yk2

did I just read right :))) :)))

I think ShahKhan just revealed how Floyd championship run was planned :yk2

:))) I wouldn't be surprised, with all that blood money he had everyone on the pay roll that evil Floyd; you should watch Floyd v Castillo 1 for example, chickenweather lost that fight and everyone knew it.

But what an idiot :))) is that guy serious lmao he thinks UFC is a glorified wrestling promotion lmao

Miss Rowdy seems like she has put on a couple of pounds after that serious pounding by Holms. Good she has Travis Brown on her side otherwise some her fanatics are straight up freaks.

Miss Rowdy seems like she has put on a couple of pounds after that serious pounding by Holms. Good she has Travis Brown on her side otherwise some her fanatics are straight up freaks.
[MENTION=137419]dashing_man[/MENTION] watch this:

It's [MENTION=137920]ShahKhan007[/MENTION] singing to Floyd :)))

These posts were hilarious :))) [MENTION=137419]dashing_man[/MENTION] ShahTard being Buried, SOMEBODY GET THE BODY BAG! SOMEBODY GET THE BODY! #dashing_CREED :)))

That's a risky video to post on such a conservatively moderated forum.

Not really sensitive much? :(, sounds like somebodies feelings are legit hurt and now in a desperate attempt to save face is calling for help after tapping out like a jobber

2bbf292bd0ae8553903e485c3014ab5b.jpg

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] [MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] [MENTION=47617]Red Devil[/MENTION]

Aldo or McGreagor

I predict Aldo will kill and embarrass the Irish King

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] [MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] [MENTION=47617]Red Devil[/MENTION]

Aldo or McGreagor

Mcgregor has bought so much attention to the UFC because he's such a character and cuts one hell of a promo, brilliant on the mic and he backs it up in the Octogon. Am going with Mcgregor, Aldo is his toughest opponent though and we are really going to see if the hype is justified

Mcgregor has bought so much attention to the UFC because he's such a character and cuts one hell of a promo, brilliant on the mic and he backs it up in the Octogon. Am going with Mcgregor, Aldo is his toughest opponent though and we are really going to see if the hype is justified

have you seen Aldo fight ? McGreagor will get Brock getting beat up from Caine type beating from Aldo

McGreagor is super scared of Aldo, that's why he started all this. Aldo will crush him in the first round

have you seen Aldo fight ? McGreagor will get Brock getting beat up from Caine type beating from Aldo

McGreagor is super scared of Aldo, that's why he started all this. Aldo will crush him in the first round

:facepalm: Stick to the WWE please

sthu chicken. Aldo is much faster than Connor. and he has killer legs, no one can dodge them

Stick to Fake wrestling retard, also Brock can't take a punch in the face and is a coward that ran away to fake fighting instead of sticking in the UFC

Yo [MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] where are you, look at all these retards derailing this thread lmao I only pay attention to your thoughts. The big one is finally upon us!

Remember all the nimrods in this thread especially ShahTard building up Mendes as some underdog that was going to defeat Connor. When it was Condo who had his back against the wall given the fact that he had not faced a wrestler in years but still managed to beat him that too when you take into account that in terms of strategy and tactics he didn’t have as much time as he’d have liked to prepare. Who do you think will win? Not everyone can stand toe to toe with Connor and the fact that Aldo is so polished in terms of striking well his kicks anway it will play into Connors favour since his open guard invites counters and not to forget he’s decent at cutting off the cage and using his reach beautifully. We’ve said that Connor will not have fought anyone like Aldo but then again has Aldo fought anyone quiet like Connor? Has there been a better striker? I don’t think so

Aldo or McGreagor

Can't say man, I'm pretty new to the sport. But, for what's it worth, I have a feeling Conor's overconfidence and cockiness will prove to be his undoing in the end.

My boy [MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] is your man if you want a more technical analysis.

McGregor just shut up all his naysayers with that knockout. But much like his idol MoneyMay people will still find ways to hate on him. That was one confident and supreme performance. Aldo's face told the result even before the the first bell.

Okay, first of all, apologies to my boys [MENTION=47617]Red Devil[/MENTION] [MENTION=137419]dashing_man[/MENTION] and [MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION]. Really wanted to get involved in the build-up to this fight with you guys but have just been mad busy with research papers, presentations and now finals week as the semester's coming to a close. Its funny seeing Eugene doing what he does best, shazzy, jobbing out! :)) I know you had faith in Conor, shazzy and I remember us talking about how he has uncanny ability to predict his fight previously unseen since Ali. So glad that our faith has been vindicated.

Now for the funny part, this was the biggest UFC fight ever and people were finding it impossible to call but guess what? I did. Extensively. That too, almost a year ago! Just look at these posts, dashing man! THIS IS HOW YOU PREDICT A FIGHT! Now you know why I'm called PP's resident MMA expert. :misbah

All posts are from January 2015.

Also, ladies and gentlemen, I would like to formally announce to you that the McGregor era is upon us. This guy was serious when he said that he's not here to take part, he's here to take over. The guy is a MONSTER! I expect him to not only beat Aldo, but destroy him. That's how confident I am.

Now for my breakdown of the Aldo-McGregor fight. People correctly make the point that Conor has never been in the cage with a beast like Aldo, who won't be even slightly bothered by his antics and talk outside the cage. However, Conor has shown that he revels in the spotlight, he puts added pressure on himself to perform when the going gets tough. Just tell me how many strikers has Aldo faced that were on the level of Conor? Zero. Zilch. Nada. Edgar? No power. Mendes? Too flat-footed. Faber? Please.

McGregor is brilliant at closing the distance down on his opponents, he fights with his chin-up and leaves himself open to the counter and relies on his reflexes. He has much much better boxing than Aldo and Aldo has infinitely better kicks. But McGregor won't stand flat-footed in front of him and let him pepper his legs, for every leg kick Aldo lands, he'll be countered with a straight left to the face. Also, Conor will have a huge reach advantage. Siver has the same reach as Aldo (70'').

I haven't been so sure of a victory for a challenger since TJ vs Barao.

I didn't rate Conor that highly before the Poirier/Siver fights. I'm not underestimating Aldo at all, but I believe that Conor is the toughest challenger Aldo has faced. People will argue Edgar/Mendes were tougher fights but due to Aldo's incredible TDD, they primarily became striking battles where Jose has a huge advantage.

Now for the first he's going up against a guy who has better boxing than him, better movement and is rangier. Do you dispute that? Aldo has the best leg kicks in the game and they will be the biggest factor in this fight, as to how Conor counters them because if he takes 10+ of them in the first two rounds, his movement will be hampered.

I never underestimate Aldo; I dislike him because he's SO good and dominant. Same reason, I don't like Silva and Jones. This is the first fight where I've picked against Aldo. I knew Mendes/Zombie/Edgar all had nothing for him in the striking department, and Aldo has godly TDD so they can't take him down. I just have a gut-feeling that Conor will be the new champ, and I'm very rarely wrong about such things when it comes to MMA. Not missed an event since '05.

McGregor just shut up all his naysayers with that knockout. But much like his idol MoneyMay people will still find ways to hate on him. That was one confident and supreme performance. Aldo's face told the result even before the the first bell.

did he used toilet paper with MoneyMay face on it :13: are you taking that as Floyd being Conor's mentor :)))

there's only 1 thing Floyd is good at and so are his students, which is

Okay, first of all, apologies to my boys [MENTION=47617]Red Devil[/MENTION] [MENTION=137419]dashing_man[/MENTION] and [MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION]. Really wanted to get involved in the build-up to this fight with you guys but have just been mad busy with research papers, presentations and now finals week as the semester's coming to a close. Its funny seeing Eugene doing what he does best, shazzy, jobbing out! :)) I know you had faith in Conor, shazzy and I remember us talking about how he has uncanny ability to predict his fight previously unseen since Ali. So glad that our faith has been vindicated.

Now for the funny part, this was the biggest UFC fight ever and people were finding it impossible to call but guess what? I did. Extensively. That too, almost a year ago! Just look at these posts, dashing man! THIS IS HOW YOU PREDICT A FIGHT! Now you know why I'm called PP's resident MMA expert. :misbah

All posts are from January 2015.

I agree with your points. and I know I'm not any expert :p just going about the videos I saw, I don't follow MMA like you guys

I really thought Jose will kill Conor. but reading your assessment, Now I don't think it was anywhere near easy for Jose to beat Conor. Conor has indeed Takenover.

What can you tell me about his weaknesses [MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] ?

did he used toilet paper with MoneyMay face on it :13: are you taking that as Floyd being Conor's mentor :)))

there's only 1 thing Floyd is good at and so are his students, which is

:))) This is still so funny

[MENTION=137419]dashing_man[/MENTION] [MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] Miesha Tate finally is given the title shot she earned

tuf18_team_tate.jpg

<3

Right now if there was one fighter I'd pick to beat Holly it would be Miesha, she's one tough nut to crack with a superb chin and if she gets you on the ground you'll be in big trouble. It's another interesting fight, Tate will have learn from the mistakes which Ronda made and not rush in to trade or take Holly down who's the best counter punching striker in the division. Holly will be the favourite though

It would be quiet something wouldn't it, Miesha defeats holly to become champ, Ronda comes back to take the belt from Tate and defend against Holly :))

[MENTION=137419]dashing_man[/MENTION] [MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] Miesha Tate finally is given the title shot she earned

tuf18_team_tate.jpg

<3

Right now if there was one fighter I'd pick to beat Holly it would be Miesha, she's one tough nut to crack with a superb chin and if she gets you on the ground you'll be in big trouble. It's another interesting fight, Tate will have learn from the mistakes which Ronda made and not rush in to trade or take Holly down who's the best counter punching striker in the division. Holly will be the favourite though

It would be quiet something wouldn't it, Miesha defeats holly to become champ, Ronda comes back to take the belt from Tate and defend against Holly :))

I hope to see a good contest, but I want Holly to win so we can get Ronda V Holly 2

also, who's this Cyborg chick. I thought it was some computer software :))) but she's a real chick.

I hope to see a good contest, but I want Holly to win so we can get Ronda V Holly 2

also, who's this Cyborg chick. I thought it was some computer software :))) but she's a real chick.

It will be a great fight no doubt I guarantee you that, am going to stay up for it live. Ronda v Holly 2 is 100% going to happen even if Miesha beats Holly. Am going to support Tate though, she's my all time favourite female fighter.

Cyborg is an MMA fighter who is signed by Invicta at the moment; she was the one who everyone felt had a chance against Ronda because of her lethal striking ability; basically she's a beast; should go watch some of her fights :)) chick is cray crazy. But the problem was that she's above Ronda in weight division and Ronda would have to move up to face her and that was never going to happen. Cyborg proposed to fight her at catch-weight but that was not going to happen either. Cyborgs best chance would be to move down a divison to challenge Ronda at Bantaweight but that's not easy to do, weight drains a fighter and all etc especially when you're a big person who is more compatible at a higher weight, moving down can make you weaker etc But now the hype for Cyborg v Ronda is kinda dead because Holly has defeated Ronda, and it's funny because while people made a case for Cyborg to have a chance against Ronda because of her striking no one gave Holly any respect despite her decorated boxing career and striking ability in general

tuf18_team_tate.jpg

<3

Yep, finally getting the shot she deserves. Although, Dana wanted to give his darling an immediate rematch But Ronda refused. An intelligent decision as she knows, its going to take a while for her to get to the level she needs to be at before getting into the octagon with Holly.

As for Tate vs Holm, Holly is obviously the favoritE but if its anyone's destiny to become UFC champion, its Meisha. I think she needs to make this an ugly fight and not stay in kicking range. Press Holly up against the cage, get in with some dirty boxing then go for her signature double leg Takedown. Rinse and repeat. Also, this fight will be on the Conor/RDA card so publicity will be off the charts. I expect it to do more than a million buys.

[MENTION=137419]dashing_man[/MENTION]
I just came around to seeing your post in the boxing thread regarding UFC 195. Would've replied earlier but I honestly feel sick talking about it. Before I get into that, let me give some context as to what that the main event meant to me.

Well, you see, Carlos Condit is my favorite athlete ever. Notice how I don't say fighter, he is my favorite sportsman of all time (stands top with Wasim Akram). I don't love any fighter more and this was the guy that got me into the sport. Seriously, if I wanted someone to become a fan of this sport, I would ask them to watch Carlos Condit fights right from his debut. The guy is everything you want in a fighter. He does it because he loves it. Doesn't need to, has a degree and came from a rich background but he fought anyway. He goes out there to kill his opponents; a 93% finishing rate is testament to that. He was the WEC champion and had held the Interim UFC Championship as well. Lost to GSP who is regarded by many as the GOAT but came close to finishing him with a headkick.

This fight was handed to him as a last hurrah. Many said he didn't deserve it but being the fan's favorite has its perks and UFC were convinced that Lawler/Condit promised fireworks. Let's move on to the fight, I swear, I have not seen a bigger robbery in a title fight EVER. Only Shogun/Machida comes close. Condit won a clear 3 rounds to 2. He even outlanded Lawler in the final round when he was hurt. Sadly, the inept judges gave round 3 to Lawler, Which was a round where Condit outlanded Lawler by a good margin. It was a stupid decision and one that ruined what was the best title fight in UFC history.

I was so distraught that my girlfriend literally spent 3 hours consoling me. I felt like a family member had died. Honestly, it was the worst I've felt due to a sporting event and this is the first time I'm talking about it. I just felt that there was no way, no criteria by which you can give Lawler the third round. There were some people that said, well you have to take the championship from the champion. That's crap. It was not some disputed decision. 95% of the press scored it for Condit, if that isn't an indication what is? It takes a lot of guts for the UFC President to come out and say that the judges messed up and Dana did that when he said that he awarded the fight to Condit. I just hope there's rematch so he can take what's rightfully his.

I just came around to seeing your post in the boxing thread regarding UFC 195. Would've replied earlier but I honestly feel sick talking about it. Before I get into that, let me give some context as to what that the main event meant to me.

Well, you see, Carlos Condit is my favorite athlete ever. Notice how I don't say fighter, he is my favorite sportsman of all time (stands top with Wasim Akram). I don't love any fighter more and this was the guy that got me into the sport. Seriously, if I wanted someone to become a fan of this sport, I would ask them to watch Carlos Condit fights right from his debut. The guy is everything you want in a fighter. He does it because he loves it. Doesn't need to, has a degree and came from a rich background but he fought anyway. He goes out there to kill his opponents; a 93% finishing rate is testament to that. He was the WEC champion and had held the Interim UFC Championship as well. Lost to GSP who is regarded by many as the GOAT but came close to finishing him with a headkick.

This fight was handed to him as a last hurrah. Many said he didn't deserve it but being the fan's favorite has its perks and UFC were convinced that Lawler/Condit promised fireworks. Let's move on to the fight, I swear, I have not seen a bigger robbery in a title fight EVER. Only Shogun/Machida comes close. Condit won a clear 3 rounds to 2. He even outlanded Lawler in the final round when he was hurt. Sadly, the inept judges gave round 3 to Lawler, Which was a round where Condit outlanded Lawler by a good margin. It was a stupid decision and one that ruined what was the best title fight in UFC history.

I was so distraught that my girlfriend literally spent 3 hours consoling me. I felt like a family member had died. Honestly, it was the worst I've felt due to a sporting event and this is the first time I'm talking about it. I just felt that there was no way, no criteria by which you can give Lawler the third round. There were some people that said, well you have to take the championship from the champion. That's crap. It was not some disputed decision. 95% of the press scored it for Condit, if that isn't an indication what is? It takes a lot of guts for the UFC President to come out and say that the judges messed up and Dana did that when he said that he awarded the fight to Condit. I just hope there's rematch so he can take what's rightfully his.

I couldn't agree more. The judges screwed him, Condit himself said he knew this would happen if there was a tie.
I did a research on him because this was my first time watching him, normally I only watch UFC when Ronda, Holms, Taite, Cane, Aldo, Connor and Lesnar are on. The fight had me in aww throughout the rounds. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, felt like I was watching Rocky V Drago. So much was being told in this fight. Really glad I stood up for this PPV

I also hope there's a re-match and I think Dana will make it happen because money matters him the most. Probably the best fight in 3 years I've seen in UFC.

Condit is one of my favourites as well, seriously underrated fighter who is champion class. Brilliant all round abilities for a guy of his build.

What a night for UFC at the MGM. Meisha Tate taking out Holly Holmes and Nate Diaz putting Connor McGregor in his place. Always loved the Diaz brothers, Nate cuts really easily these days but he has a real quality all round fighting style. I was surprised that McGregor didn't take the shot so good, he got wobbled with one punch.

What a night for UFC at the MGM. Meisha Tate taking out Holly Holmes and Nate Diaz putting Connor McGregor in his place. Always loved the Diaz brothers, Nate cuts really easily these days but he has a real quality all round fighting style. I was surprised that McGregor didn't take the shot so good, he got wobbled with one punch.

He moved up from featherweight to welterweight, it was a huge mistake and his overconfidence cost him. It wasn't his natural weight and it wasn't surprising that he was shook the moment Diaz caught him clean. But credit to Diaz, he didn't have a full training camp behind him and is a very well rounded fighter with an underrated ground game. Conor, whether people like him or dislike him is a personality which the UFC needs.

Was pleased to see Tate win, have followed her since the StrikeForce days and it was just destiny; it was inevitable that she'd become champion and what a journey it has been. Very well deserved for another underrated well rounded fighter, it was the best performance I've ever seen from her and in her last four fights got better and better each time. I had no doubt she would win due to her granite chin and wrestling ability. People think it will be another walkover for Ronda but it won't be the same Miesha she fought before. Great for the division to.

He moved up from featherweight to welterweight, it was a huge mistake and his overconfidence cost him. It wasn't his natural weight and it wasn't surprising that he was shook the moment Diaz caught him clean. But credit to Diaz, he didn't have a full training camp behind him and is a very well rounded fighter with an underrated ground game. Conor, whether people like him or dislike him is a personality which the UFC needs.

Was pleased to see Tate win, have followed her since the StrikeForce days and it was just destiny; it was inevitable that she'd become champion and what a journey it has been. Very well deserved for another underrated well rounded fighter, it was the best performance I've ever seen from her and in her last four fights got better and better each time. I had no doubt she would win due to her granite chin and wrestling ability. People think it will be another walkover for Ronda but it won't be the same Miesha she fought before. Great for the division to.

Ronda's gona kill Tate :yk2

UFC Zagreb

Maryna "Ironlady" Moroz defeats Cristina Stanciu

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Conor?src=hash">#Conor</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/McGregor?src=hash">#McGregor</a> not only intends to beat <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Nate?src=hash">#Nate</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Diaz?src=hash">#Diaz</a>, but to embarrass him as well. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/UFC?src=hash">#UFC</a> <a href="https://t.co/MpsJkYu5sH">pic.twitter.com/MpsJkYu5sH</a></p>— Sports PakPassion (@SportPakPassion) <a href="https://twitter.com/SportPakPassion/status/727743319296499712">May 4, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Back