The VVS Laxman legacy thread

Dancing around the point ....yet again! :)))

I was talking about the SAMPLE SIZE....... 47 tests is not large sample .... but 7 tests is large enough for Malik to better than legendary Hanif! :)))

Lagay raho moon bhai!

- First of all, it's not 47 tests, (OP lumped specialized position of openers with #3/4)

37 innings 16% at #3
11 innings 5% at #4
-

Malik played total 50 odd innings and played 14 innings as an opener.

I imagine that now you would take back your OMG OMG?

P.S. This opening issue is still active in other thread, why do not you go there and categorically deny that?

Last edited:
- First of all, it's not 47 tests, (OP lumped specialized position of openers with #3/4)

37 innings 16% at #3
11 innings 5% at #4
-

Malik played total 50 odd innings and played 14 innings as an opener.

I imagine that now you would take back your OMG OMG?

P.S. This opening issue is still active in other thread, why do not you go there and categorically deny that?

:)))

So now we at turn to %ages..... first you called 47 (1-4) a very small sample.... now after being embarressed (for 85937th time), you take a u-turn as usual and turn to something else.... %! :)))

But..... to put you to shame for 85938th time..... let's take %ages!

So...
Malik batted as opener in 11 innings out of 56 innings....i.e. 19.64%
Hanif batted as opener in 57 innings out of 97 innings....i.e. 58.76%

So.. Mr. Black "Fair Ground Comparison" Zero ........ let's see you cha-cha-cha around this.... or is it going to be "twist" ... or will it be "kathak"?? ;-)

Last edited:
:)))

So now we at turn to %ages..... first you called 47 (1-4) a very small sample.... now after being embarressed (for 85937th time), you take a u-turn as usual and turn to something else.... %! :)))

But..... to put you to shame for 85938th time..... let's take %ages!

So...
Malik batted as opener in 11 innings out of 56 innings....i.e. 19.64%
Hanif batted as opener in 57 innings out of 97 innings....i.e. 58.76%

Summary
- My Objection with OP is that Laxman played most of his innings at #5/6 and my stand that it's unfair to compare him with players who primarily played at #3/4
- OP said that Laxman also played at 1 to 4 in 47 tests and "sucked"
- Laxman played 48 Innings at #3/#4 (I never asked for opener position first place) and performed better than his career at #4
- Laxman played at #3 and #4 a very small sub-set of his career (had he played 85%+ of times at #3/4, we could ignored the playing position difference)

- WL said that how 7 tests sample is enough for SM and 48 Innings (for #3 and #4 ) is not enough for Laxman.
--> it's a small sample set of Laxman's career.
--> I am ok if OP just write-off this analysis, and prepare a new one comparing position by position.
--> SM vs Pakistan other openers comparison was based on one position only ...and not based on career (this is not the case with OP)

- WL said that SM played as Opener about 19% while Hanif about 58%, but not mentioned how this counter my argument.

Where is the U-Turn or conflict?

Last edited:
Excellent but enormously overrated batsman. Laxman has one LAJENDARY knock of 281 and a few brilliant ones under pressure. So have other players but they haven't been blown so enormously out of proportion. He's very good but nowhere near as brilliant as people make out

Former India batting great VVS Laxman will have to come "through the process" for succeeding Rahul Dravid as the head of National Cricket Academy, BCCI secretary Jay Shah said on Saturday. The topmost NCA post fell vacant after Dravid took over as the head coach of Team India following team's T20 World Cup exit in the UAE last month. "We will advertise for the NCA appointment. First, he (VVS) has to apply for the post," BCCI secretary Jay Shah told PTI after their 90th AGM.

Indian stalwart Dravid too had to go through a similar process before becoming the India head coach. Initially reluctant to shift base to Bangalore from Hyderabad, Laxman has already quit from his role as mentor of IPL team Sunrisers Hyderabad.

He will also have to quit commentary or writing columns for newspapers to avoid conflict of interest. Laxman's appointment was one of the points of discussion at the AGM.

On the IPL 2022 Mega Auction which is slated for next year, Shah said: "The IPL Governing council will take a call on this."

The BCCI has also formed a neutral panel to investigate CVC Capital who pipped favourites Adani Group to own the Ahmedabad franchise.

The company has paid a whopping Rs 5625 Crore in the auctions, but now find itself under the spotlight for their alleged connection with some betting companies outside India.

"We have formed a committee who are investigating into the matter," Shah added.

https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/vvs...med-to-investigate-cvcs-betting-links-2637185

<b>VVS Laxman To Coach Indian Team On Ireland Tour, To Fill In For Rahul Dravid: Sources To NDTV</b>

<I>Sources have told NDTV that Laxman will be filling in for head coach Rahul Dravid, who will be accompanying the Test team, which will play a warm-up match against English county side Leicestershire around the same time, as part of preparations ahead of the rescheduled fifth Test against England.</I>

Former India batter and current chief of the National Cricket Academy VVS Laxman is all set to be named coach of the Indian team that will play two T20Is against Ireland in late June.

Sources have told NDTV that Laxman will be filling in for head coach Rahul Dravid, who will be accompanying the Test team, which will play a warm-up match against English county side Leicestershire around the same time, as part of preparations ahead of the rescheduled fifth Test against England, which will be played at Edgbaston in Birmingham from July 1 to July 5.

The Indian team has a packed summer schedule as they first play South Africa in a five-match home T20I series from June 9th to 19th. They will play Ireland in 2 T20Is on 26th and 28th June.

Dravid had similarly filled in for head coach Ravi Shastri when he was with the Test team for series against England. Dravid had at that time coached a young Indian side on a limited overs tour of Sri Lanka.

India lead the five-match Test series against England 2-1. The final Test had to be cancelled due to an outbreak of COVID-19 in the visitors' camp last year. The Indian and English cricket boards had decided to play the fifth Test in 2022.

A win or a draw in the match would give India its first series win in England since 2007. Rahul Dravid was the captain of the Indian team on that tour.

https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/vvs...l-in-for-rahul-dravid-sources-to-ndtv-2987094

Back