The Zulqarnain Haider Story

akamaka

First Class Captain
Runs
guys, there was something on geo news, just now. Pakistani wicketkeeper zulqarnain haider has gone missing. I didn't hear all of it please, can someone conform it. I cant read urdu very well either. :(

---------------------

UPDATE:

Just heard on Geo that Zulqarnain Haider is missing since 6.30 am. Has been over 7 hours since he has been seen. Told official he was going to a friends house. Is not answering phone and has not contacted anyone. Umar akmal has been seen warming up and taking the wicket keeper gloves. Shoaib Akhtar and fellow teammates also puzzled when asked where he is. No official statement has been made by officials yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
:O Geo News reporting that Zulqarnain is not with the team.

Zulqarnain's been found missing. He's neither in his hotel room nor with the team since morning. The team management is looking for him : GEO

^^ or or or someone from GEO News saw his facebook status,

How can he be missing from his room because he changed his status 4 hours ago.

Geo Super saying Zoni's gone AWOL.

What on earth is happening?!

OMG
The geo reported was saying "naazreen hamari team k saath bhi maslai rehtai hain, ab kuch nahi to wicketkeeper gum hogye"

Last edited:
Breaking News

ERY reporting too!

They said the full team left hotel, but after 10 minutes they saw zulqarnain in the hotel!

he was probably hiding in toilet, and when the team left, he came out dancing!

Last edited:
What on the earth is happening?

Just when we were eyeing a one day series after 3 years, we have already started this.

Apparently, Zulqarnain received a message from someone before the 4th ODI. The guy wanted him to make sure Pakistan lose the 4th ODI. However, Zulqarnain played a match winning role and ensured victory for his team. : GEO

Apparently, Zulqarnain received a message from someone before the 4th ODI. The guy wanted him to make sure Pakistan lose the 4th ODI. However, Zulqarnain played a match winning role and ensured victory for his team. : GEO

Pakistan team is too much into bookies, and poor him will suffer for nothing.

:kami in action.

What on the earth is happening?

Just when we were eyeing a one day series after 3 years, we have already started this.

He won the last match for Pak. bookies lost the big amounts because of him. The bookies wants thr lost money back in this last match. They wouldnt like this guy to play in the last match. He has been warned. May be he thinks if he plays in last match than he will be shot dead.

Zulqarnain Haider- MISSING!

Just heard on geo that haider is missing since 6.30 am. Has been over 7 hours since he has been seen. Told official he was going to a friends house. Is not answering phone and has not contacted anyone. Umar akmal has been seen warming up and taking the wicket keeper gloves. Shoaib Akhtar and fellow teammates also puzzled when asked where he is. No official statement has been made by officials yet.

Last edited:
He won the last match for Pak. bookies lost the big amounts because of him. The bookies wants thr lost money back in this last match. They wouldnt like this guy to play in the last match. He has been warned. May be he thinks if he plays in last match than he will be shot dead.

Now where is ICC ACU or whatever that was? There is no player protection what so ever ... if take bribe he is screwed he doesn't take it he is screwed ..... ICC must act if this is the case.

better not be lying im spreading this news

muhje badnaam mat karna

this friend must be a girl lol

I hope he is safe, more than cricket one's life is important.

check on google t5witter updates its being said by ary he is missing bcz of threats

cricpak‎: via Geo News English Zulqarnain Haider was threatened by a suspicious person to lose 4th ODI against South Africa

How can he be missing since morning when he updated his status just 4 hours ago?

OMG........zoni we need you today!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 1,296
DUBAI: Pakistani cricket team wicketkeeper Zulqarnain Haider went missing in Dubai, Geo News reported Monday.

The wicketkeeper said in his Facebook post he was leaving cricket as someone gave him bad message on losing in last match.

The wicketkeeper words are: ‘leaving pakistan cricket because get bad msg fr 1 man fr lose the match in last game.’

Also, a message from Zulqarnain’s mobile received on a friend’s cellphone said he is leaving the cricket as someone is giving him murder threats.

http://www.geo.tv/11-8-2010/74054.htm

this could save amir asif n butt may be its a way to save them by PCB kia baat hai wah ji wah

Well done Zulqarnain for not selling himself and his country!

BUT he should have informed the team management!!! Security barha detay uski!!

Oh sureeee, if somebody was after me the first thing i'l do is go on Facebook and update my status.

He has not been seen since 7 AM means he is not in hotel.

He told management he is going to his friend's house so he must be there to update his status or whatever.

Simple!

Well done Zulqarnain for not selling himself and his country!

BUT he should have informed the team management!!! Security barha detay uski!!

There is every possibility that Team Management just leave him all alone in this mess. He might have played his last cricket match considering this Team management and Board.

i thought if they come ten mins late they are fined and now he can go tosee friend before a match

just excuses

i thought if they come ten mins late they are fined and now he can go tosee friend before a match

just excuses

Yea this looks a joke, on one side they say he has not been seen since 7 AM

Now he was allowed to go to friend's home.

He was allowed to go to friend's home after 7 AM on match day.

So Watson and Johnson were not joking that they got death threats from the bookies

Shazaib, Yousaf and Umar Akmal drafted into playing 11

Shafiq, Farhat drop
Zulqarnain missing!!!

source :geo

Last edited:
Pak stays pathetic man

i bet he ran bcz pak ufficials wanted to lose the match band kara pak cricket thy deserve it

afrdid lot can join afghanistan

I bet our stupid media have read his FB account and putting 2 n 2 together

Reporter saying, during practice Zulqarnain always practices alone doesn't talk to anyone

or he is not happy with Afridi behavior Right :))

His brother was called by Geo and to be honest, he did not sound very worried. The hotel receptionist said Zoni hasn't checked out of the room. Team management says they have his passport just like they have all players' passports.

The media is making this as a huge thing. I have a feeling it is finally going to turn out to be something idiotic, and I wont be surprised if Zulqarnain is found in the middle of it.

is this some kind of a sick joke ??? This certainly cant be real . . . Can it ?

Okay.. I have a feeling that may be the team management asked him to go to some safe place.. may be, just may be.

I hope Zoni is ok, not good news here for Pakistan!

Reporter saying, during practice Zulqarnain always practices alone doesn't talk to anyone

yess may be bcz he has different type of training or is PAk sqaud planning on to becoming wicket keepers??

pak reporters should sue common sense

Zulqarnain has been sending sms messages to geo reporters that he is leaving Dubai. then sends a message that now he is leaving england. While all this time his passport is with the team management.

Just when you thought things in Pakistan game couldnt get any worse!

Guess Kamran Akmal will now be recalled for the test series!

Is this got anything to do with the fine imposed on him.But hope he is ok and safe,a big match coming ahead,a series win for pakistan should not be overshadowed by his disappearance if it was a mismanaged and not a serious one.

Back