'Umran Malik jaise hamaare domestic cricket mein bhare pade hain': Sohail Khan

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Sohail Khan in an interview:

"I feel this Umran Malik guy is a good bowler. I've seen 1-2 matches. He runs fast and has kept other things is check as well. But if you think of fast bowlers with speed in excess of over 150-155 kph, I can count 12-15 players right now who play tape-ball cricket. If you go visit the trails organised by Lahore Qalandars, you'll find many players"

"Iske (Umran Malik) jaise toh bohot hain. Domestic cricket bhari padi hai hamaari. (Our domestic setup is filled with bowlers like Umran Malik). When a bowler comes through in our domestic level, he becomes a bonafide bowler. Like Shaheen, Naseem Shah, Haris Rauf... these are bowlers who know their stuff. I can give you plenty of names."

"There is only one thing that can break Shoaib Akhtar's record, and that is called a bowling machine because no human can ever do it. The reason is that the amount of hard work that Shoaib had put in, no one has. He used to complete 32 rounds in one day; I used to do 10 in a week. He would run on mountains with weight tied his legs and sprint"

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cric...-speedster-in-fiery-jibe-101675442145731.html

I agree. Pakistan has more 150 + bowlers than any other country in existence. Not long before PAK put out a quartet of 150 + bowlers and win the Test series in Australia later this year.

Hard work doesn't make you bowl fast, you have to be born with that ability. As for his comments on Umran Malik, doesn't Pakistani cricketers have a special place for Kashmiris in their hearts?

This Sohail Khan guy was a good off spinner in the name of a pacer bowler.

And that mysterious lil yelp that came out from either his mouth or from somewhere else, whenever he bowled to generate 115ish kph, is funny when has recently boasted about his fitness.

He needs to appreciate and support Umran as a fellow of cricket fraternity- but paindu panna and utterance jahaalut is a trademark of many Pak cricketers.

As for his comments on Umran Malik, doesn't Pakistani cricketers have a special place for Kashmiris in their hearts?

Until they play for India :afridi1

Then you hear some excuses like he is a Gujjar or something. Don't remember the exact details as I'm not familiar with those communities.

He may be right but it's more an indictment on Pakistan cricket that they cannot get such talents groomed and put in the right place in the same way India can.

Ok I understand that Sohail Khan's personal views will not well with everyone but cut out the cheapshots or your posts will be deleted.

Hard work doesn't make you bowl fast, you have to be born with that ability. As for his comments on Umran Malik, doesn't Pakistani cricketers have a special place for Kashmiris in their hearts?

He is from Jammu bdw.

When we were kids, oldies used to pass similar comments. There were many kids in village who could run 100 m in 10 seconds, it's just that they are not groomed.

When we were kids, oldies used to pass similar comments. There were many kids in village who could run 100 m in 10 seconds, it's just that they are not groomed.

These type of feku uncles are everywhere. International cricketer should know better though.

Why do you doubt that?

Do you feel that the talent spotter systems in place in Pakistan and India are that sophisticated?

Who knows what gems have been missed?!

Why do you doubt that?

Do you feel that the talent spotter systems in place in Pakistan and India are that sophisticated?

Never doubted that.

Later I realized that as you go up, making 1% improvement requires lot of effort and depends on many factors.

Why do you doubt that?

It's not question of doubt. 10s 100m by untrained kids is ridiculous claim. 10 second barrier has been broken just about 150 times only. Mostly by very well and extensively trained male athletes of west African origin. Literally millions have tried and failed. No Indian has even come close.

It's not question of doubt. 10s 100m by untrained kids is ridiculous claim. 10 second barrier has been broken just about 150 times only. Mostly by very well and extensively trained male athletes of west African origin. Literally millions have tried and failed. No Indian has even come close.

Sorry am not referring to that example.

More on the Sohail Khan type claims.

Obviously an hyperbole that doesn’t deserve much analysis but irony is Sohail Khan himself was supposed to be an express bowler when he began in the 2000s but despite what his height/build suggest he became a proper trundler.

Until they play for India :afridi1

Then you hear some excuses like he is a Gujjar or something. Don't remember the exact details as I'm not familiar with those communities.

He’s a Jammuite, basically they’re the closest to people in Azad Kashmir in terms of ethnicity/culture and can be considered a subset of Punjabi Muslims.

Kashmiris from the Valley, those who speak Koshur and consider themselves the "true Kashmiris", are themselves the first to say that Jammuites/Mirpuris aren’t "real Kashmiris" but "Punjabi settlers", but now that India has found its fastest bowler they too have changed their tune (double standards is an universal process).

He says he can give plenty of names, but doesn't.

Strange.

He always had attitude problems. I remember him throwing ball towards fielder to hit him when he wasn't listening to him.

He always had attitude problems. I remember him throwing ball towards fielder to hit him when he wasn't listening to him.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sohail Khan decides if the fielder Yasir Shah won't stand where he wants him to he will just throw the ball at him <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/PSL2018?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#PSL2018</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/LQvQG?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#LQvQG</a> <a href="https://t.co/8G6C4k5JH1">pic.twitter.com/8G6C4k5JH1</a></p>— Saj Sadiq (@SajSadiqCricket) <a href="https://twitter.com/SajSadiqCricket/status/974014758235131904?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 14, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sorry am not referring to that example.

More on the Sohail Khan type claims.

10-12 bowlers bowling at 155kph?

There are not that many in international cricket right now.

Infact i doubt that there were 10-12 155kph bowlers bowling together during any period in test cricket history.

Right now i see that making outrageous statements and involving India is a way for avg level pakistani cricketers.

Shaheen and Naseem got injured and we called up 135kph bowlers as replacements.

If we had 150kph replacements where were they?

I think he would do Pak selection board, team, media and millions of pak fans a big favor by naming the 12-15 bowlers....imaging the sheer savings in time, money & effort :)

Pakistani cricketers make such dumb statements at times.

No wonder the team has fallen so low.

It seem nobody understood what he said. He did not say there are 150 kph biowers ready to play internationals, but there are plenty who can bowl to that speed, they may not be very skilled or groomed to standard required, and they may never get chance to play at higher standards.

We dont reallly know how much hard work umran malik has done. Immature comment by Sohail Khan just like the Kohli comment he made few years ago

Also Nadir Shah has a habit of getting such bits out of celebrities to milk them

It seem nobody understood what he said. He did not say there are 150 kph biowers ready to play internationals, but there are plenty who can bowl to that speed, they may not be very skilled or groomed to standard required, and they may never get chance to play at higher standards.

If he meant that, then where are these bowlers? Why hasn't he named them?

I ask, because I don't see them playing domestic cricket.

If he meant that, then where are these bowlers? Why hasn't he named them?

I ask, because I don't see them playing domestic cricket.

He means those are not groomed to play professional cricket, but they exist and play street cricket.

He means those are not groomed to play professional cricket, but they exist and play street cricket.

If they exist, they would be spotted surely. Either by domestic teams or at various trials.

Reading carefully, he’s saying that there are bowlers bowling in excess of 150-155kph in TAPE BALL CRICKET!! I’m sure there’s a difference between bowling with a tape ball and a real cricket ball.
He has a thing for hyperbole, so it’s alright if he airs his views, doesn’t mean they need to be taken seriously.

Irfan Pathan shuts Sohail Khan for controversial 'Umran Malik' jibe after being served Javed Miandad reminder

Sohail Khan made a bizarre comment on the backing Umran has received pertaining to Akhtar's record but India legend Irfan Pathan gave a mouth-shutting reply to the Pakistan pacer.

New_Project_-_2023-02-04T182710279_1675515566142_1675515566311_1675515566311.jpg

Vetaran Pakistan pacer Sohail Khan has created quite a stir with his recent comments on Indian players. After his staggering "baap-beta" revelation in his duel with Virat Kohli in the 2015 ODI World Cup, Sohail has now taken a jibe at Umran Malik, who has become a sensation in India with his fiery pace and has been strongly touted to smash Shoaib Akhtar's bowling speed record. Sohail however made a bizarre comment on the backing Umran has received pertaining to Akhtar's record but India legend Irfan Pathan gave a mouth-shutting reply to the Pakistan pacer.

Speaking on The Nadir Ali podcast, Sohail did praise Umran, having admitted to have watched him perform in one or two matches, but claimed that bowlers like him, who bowl in excess of 150-155 kph, are in abundance in Pakistan's domestic circuit.

Taking a screengrab of Hindustan Times' article, a Twitterati said, "Pakistani cricketer says Umran Malik jaise humare domestic cricket mein bhare pade hain. Javed Miandad said the same about Irfan Pathan. Phir Irfan ne Pakistan mein ja kar Pakistan ki team ka band bajaya tha. Yaar tum log thoda kam bola karo (Pakistan cricketer says there are plenty of bowlers like Umran Malik in our domestic circuit. Javed Miandad had said the same about Irfan Pathan. He then went to Pakistan and proved his worth. Pakistanis should speak less)."

“Major sahab ese statements de kar inhe attention chahiye. Ignore maariye (Major, they want to get attention by making these statements. Please ignore),” Irfan reacted to the post.

Talking about the Miandad remark, there was a lot of talk about Irfan ahead of the 2004 India-Pakistan series, especially after his terrific show in his debut series against Australia in 2003/04. Miandad, who was then the coach of Pakistan, played down the threat Irfan possessed by saying "bowlers like Irfan Pathan were found in every street of Pakistan". Although Irfan did not respond to the quote, he let his performance do the talking.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cric...ved-miandad-reminder-101675514280825-amp.html

I would be surprised if some past Australian player mouthing off like "We have bowler like archer in every street corner of perth" lol I see a lot of it from ex pak players. They just whing it.Almost like Donald Trump style.

Umran has pace and nothing else. At this point, he has not proved anything and he might not be in the 11 if everyone is fit. In reality he should not be in a discussion among Pakistanis. These remarks about Umran from Pak ex-cricketers reeks of insecurity ( for no apparent reason )

I have a soft corner for Pakistani fast bowling generally but even my faith has been dwindling from what I have been seeing. As things stand, I see that Pakistan has no problem in fielding a quality pace trio in T20 cricket. However the longer the format, the weaker the quality of their pace attack gets. My respect for Indian pace attack over the last 5-6 years is actually built on how well they have bowled at home in test cricket. Umesh, Shami have been very good. Siraj seems to be the next reliable bowler in line for us. Bumrah is deadly when fit in any format.

Only an off spinner like Sohail Khan could be expected to talk like that for an exciting young talent like Umran Malik. When Miandad talked down Irfan Pathan’s hype back in 2004 it was in bad taste too but one could relate to the feelings as it was a different era and Pakistan carried a different reputation back then in Cricket.

then why do Pak play trundlers like Mohd Ali

Exactly lol.

What happened to our phaaaast bowlers of a couple of years ago like Hasnain, Musa, Akif Ali, Arshad Khan and others? They are absolutely nowhere.

We are deeply insecure about our diminishing fast bowling culture but would rather puff our chests rather than admit that world class fast bowlers are no longer being produced in our country.

Guys like hin make cricket very interesting, I might not appreciate his comments but I appreciate the sparks that get created after.

His Kohli comment is legendary!

Irfan Pathan shuts Sohail Khan for controversial 'Umran Malik' jibe after being served Javed Miandad reminder

Sohail Khan made a bizarre comment on the backing Umran has received pertaining to Akhtar's record but India legend Irfan Pathan gave a mouth-shutting reply to the Pakistan pacer.

New_Project_-_2023-02-04T182710279_1675515566142_1675515566311_1675515566311.jpg

Vetaran Pakistan pacer Sohail Khan has created quite a stir with his recent comments on Indian players. After his staggering "baap-beta" revelation in his duel with Virat Kohli in the 2015 ODI World Cup, Sohail has now taken a jibe at Umran Malik, who has become a sensation in India with his fiery pace and has been strongly touted to smash Shoaib Akhtar's bowling speed record. Sohail however made a bizarre comment on the backing Umran has received pertaining to Akhtar's record but India legend Irfan Pathan gave a mouth-shutting reply to the Pakistan pacer.

Speaking on The Nadir Ali podcast, Sohail did praise Umran, having admitted to have watched him perform in one or two matches, but claimed that bowlers like him, who bowl in excess of 150-155 kph, are in abundance in Pakistan's domestic circuit.

Taking a screengrab of Hindustan Times' article, a Twitterati said, "Pakistani cricketer says Umran Malik jaise humare domestic cricket mein bhare pade hain. Javed Miandad said the same about Irfan Pathan. Phir Irfan ne Pakistan mein ja kar Pakistan ki team ka band bajaya tha. Yaar tum log thoda kam bola karo (Pakistan cricketer says there are plenty of bowlers like Umran Malik in our domestic circuit. Javed Miandad had said the same about Irfan Pathan. He then went to Pakistan and proved his worth. Pakistanis should speak less)."

“Major sahab ese statements de kar inhe attention chahiye. Ignore maariye (Major, they want to get attention by making these statements. Please ignore),” Irfan reacted to the post.

Talking about the Miandad remark, there was a lot of talk about Irfan ahead of the 2004 India-Pakistan series, especially after his terrific show in his debut series against Australia in 2003/04. Miandad, who was then the coach of Pakistan, played down the threat Irfan possessed by saying "bowlers like Irfan Pathan were found in every street of Pakistan". Although Irfan did not respond to the quote, he let his performance do the talking.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cric...ved-miandad-reminder-101675514280825-amp.html

Is really an ordinary bowler like Sohail Khan that important that Irfan Pathan had to respond to it or he doesn't any better thing to do lately . And, I never knew Irfan Pathan was an " Indian Legend ", guess I have not been following cricket since long enough.

Is really an ordinary bowler like Sohail Khan that important that Irfan Pathan had to respond to it or he doesn't any better thing to do lately . And, I never knew Irfan Pathan was an " Indian Legend ", guess I have not been following cricket since long enough.

Irfan is an Indian legend. Along with 4-5 years of good cricket he played for India, he has successfully worked in domestic cricket in various capacities with Baroda and J&K.

Sohail Khan while giving interviews talks and sits like he had taken 500 test wickets.

Irfan Pathan was the one who spotted Umran Malik first. :inti

Since Irfan himself was subject to that comment early in his career it probably prompted him to respond. If i were Irfan i would not have bothered to respond. Twitter has those who trash talk, those who respond to trash talking and those who ignore trash talking.

Seems he has a lot of time on his hands.

So much time, that he has to respond to everything anti-Pakistani, just to keep some happy.

If they exist, they would be spotted surely. Either by domestic teams or at various trials.
Being spotted does not mean they be given opportunity, for that often you need connections or a good will by some decent person who is scouting.

Being spotted does not mean they be given opportunity, for that often you need connections or a good will by some decent person who is scouting.

Who are they?

What are their names?

Who are they?

What are their names?

I am neither making the claim nor I am on scouting mission, I am simply relaying Sohail's message, and us possible there are many express bowlers in Pakistan but it does not mean they are well known or well connected to get highlighted, or even well skilled to succeed at top level. Likes of Naseem and Haris after all came from these shores.

why these cricketers make statements that embarrass them nationally and internationally? they really live in lala land and they think the world is made of marshmallows.

Chest thumping for no reason. Just stay quiet man..:asad2

Back