UP: Teenage Dalit girl, who was gang-raped in Hathras, dies during treatment at Delhi Hospital

Rahul Puppu's oscar winning acting right there..

The only real actor is your bhagwan Modiji who put his mother in an ATM queue for a photo op and hasn't looked back since, topping his performances with each passing year.

On topic, the Allahabad HC took Bisht and his team to the cleaners and the panic in their orders and counter-orders is pathetic if not comical. The officials who were condescending in the videos above, have been replaced with officials sitting on the floor of the victim's family with folded hands today. Talk about acting. Suspensions from Bisht flying all over the place. And even Rahul and Priyanka happily passing through after Bisht had deployed an army-like battalion to stop them at the border. 56 inch gutsy chests suddenly gone missing from the BJP as they go back on their tall claims of not letting the Congress party members into the state.

But the bungling continues as Bisht has announced that the accused, officers AND victim's family will all undergo lie-detector tests :vk1

There's a claim that petrol was used to cremate the dead girl's body. If this is true and ever comes out, not sure what can ever forgive them for this act. It's literally like they burnt someone's dead body in a final act of humiliation.

Just shows how low you can stoop. Rahul potentially had the opportunity to raise additional awareness on the case at hand to try and bring some sort of justice for the victims of the family.

You are just playing politics whilst others are suffering.

This rotti guy hardly cares about anyone dying/raped/mob lynched in India. 90% of the time he will talk about Rahul Gandhi this, Rahul Gandhi that.

This rotti guy hardly cares about anyone dying/raped/mob lynched in India. 90% of the time he will talk about Rahul Gandhi this, Rahul Gandhi that.

He is just behaving like his party (even though he doesn't get to vote for them). Always been surprising how obsessed the BJP are with the Gandhis. I started watching videos of Rahul Gandhi to make up my own mind about him thanks to the propaganda. He was a nobody prior to 2014. Sonia Gandhi might have been relevant across India in gaining votes, but hardly him. Not sure exactly where the fear and obsession comes from.

Nice optics for the opposition. UP elections will get interesting, but congress must form an alliance with regional parties, otherwise all this will go to waste. The only way BJP can be stopped from coming in power is by routing them in UP.

Tweeting a picture where Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi is seen visibly manhandled on her way to visit Hathras gang-rape victim’s family, Shiv Sena leader and Rajya Sabha MP Sanjay Raut on Saturday asked if there is no woman police officer in Uttar Pradesh chief minister Yogi Adityanath-led government.

Raut raised the question in a tweet by sharing a picture where a male police officer is seen grabbing Priyanka Gandhi’s kurta near the shoulder. The visual is from earlier on Saturday when a delegation of Congress leaders comprising Rahul Gandhi and Priyanka Gandhi departed for Hathras village in a second attempt.

Rahul and Priyanka Gandhi had announced their plans to visit Hathras to meet the aggrieved family of a 19-year-old Dalit woman who was gang-raped by four men on September 14. She later succumbed to her injuries and passed away two weeks later at a hospital in Delhi.

After their visit, the Congress leaders said their party stands with the aggrieved family after meeting Hathras gang-rape victim’s kin on Saturday.

Priyanka Gandhi consoled the victim’s mother and said that they will together stand strong in the face of injustice against the family.

“The family couldn’t see their daughter for the one last time. UP CM Yogi Adityanath should understand his responsibility. Till the time justice is delivered, we’ll continue this fight,” she said after meeting the victim’s family.

Rahul Gandhi said that the state government must protect the grieving family. “I stand with the family. It is the responsibility of the state government to ensure their safety,” he said.

The leaders stayed with the family for over an hour after they reached Hathras around 6.45pm following a series of dramatic events, including their detainment by the UP Police on Thursday on grounds of violating Section 144 and the pandemic law.

In a high-voltage drama, the Congress delegation was stopped on their way at the Delhi-Noida border, triggering a minor altercation between Congress volunteers and the Uttar Pradesh police officers deployed at the border. Scores of police personnel in riot gear were lined up at the Delhi-Noida Direct flyway to prevent the Congress convoy from moving to Hathras, about 180 km away.

Eventually, as swarms of Congress workers and others jostled with each other amid loud honking, slogans and Congress flags fluttering in the air, the Gautam Buddh Nagar Police finally allowed five people, including Rahul Gandhi, to go to Hathras. Congress workers – some who described what happened as “brutal repression” -- claimed police used batons to disperse the crowd. Rahul Gandhi and Priyanka Gandhi were previously detained on Thursday when they tried to go to Hathras.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/indi...50-000-mark/story-xxT3Fbygi66caKJ3MCj4RP.html

He is just behaving like his party (even though he doesn't get to vote for them). Always been surprising how obsessed the BJP are with the Gandhis. I started watching videos of Rahul Gandhi to make up my own mind about him thanks to the propaganda. He was a nobody prior to 2014. Sonia Gandhi might have been relevant across India in gaining votes, but hardly him. Not sure exactly where the fear and obsession comes from.

lol Fear of Rahul Puppu he says :))... Lord, if anything I am grateful this clown is around. I have said it numerous times here as long as he is in the opposition there will be no one around to Challenge PM Modi..

I love Rahul Puppu, may he be in opposition for another 20 years :misbah

:cobra

Just shows how low you can stoop. Rahul potentially had the opportunity to raise additional awareness on the case at hand to try and bring some sort of justice for the victims of the family.

You are just playing politics whilst others are suffering.yup...

You seem a real nice person, I give you that, you probably believe in tooth fairies, Imran Khan was a not a playboy and righteous back in his day, heck you probably even believe Asif Zadari was an honest, straight forward down to earth individual who has never taken any bribe money either.

Now let me give you a dose of reality:

There was an alleged rape and molestation of a sick girl in an ambulance by a male nurse which was all over the Kerala news channels. This Rahul Puppu or Priyanka Vadra never bothered to even look that way, you know why ? Because BJP has Zero presence in Kerala, unlike UP :))..

There was an alleged rape and molestation of a sick girl in an ambulance by a male nurse which was all over the Kerala news channels. This Rahul Puppu or Priyanka Vadra never bothered to even look that way, you know why ? Because BJP has Zero presence in Kerala, unlike UP :))..

I googled this and as I expected, the religion of the perpetrator is what excited you about the case.

There are thousands of rape cases in India every day. If you made a point about how the system could bring this down, it would be meaningful.

The reason for the outrage is not because India is pure as the Ganga and this was a once in a lifetime crime. The outrage is because India is dirty as the Ganga (that Modi lied he would clean up) and Bisht's State machinery treated the victim with callousness at first and later, further humiliated her dead body and family in a brutal display of casteist power.

That's why everyone including some BJP MPs/MLAs and even top leaders have been pulling up Bisht. The siblings are not unique in their display here. They are unique though in their efforts to meet the victim's family while also making a mockery of Bisht's attempts at shutting down democracy in his state. That bit must have hurt you the most and raised your fear levels of Shri Rahul Gandhi :rahat1

I googled this and as I expected, the religion of the perpetrator is what excited you about the case.

There are thousands of rape cases in India every day. If you made a point about how the system could bring this down, it would be meaningful.

How dumb are you, you make stupid allegation saying religion of the rapist is my issue, you do realize I condemned the UP rape accused earlier in the thread. You seem to brush of the Kerala rape case with; oh but but there are thousands of rape cases in India every day' Looks like Rahul Puppu's brain power is rubbing on you real well..

India has one of the highest or if not the highest rape incidents in the world and women there are treated like absolute dirt, it is pathetic and disgusting.

However India would be no better and the country as a whole would be in a terrible situation with your Brain dead Rahul Puppu, its pathetic that this clown and his humanoid sister is taking advantage of the situation in UP with their Oscar winning acting performances, pretending to actually care for that poor victim.

I would have, for once been willing to give Puppu a chance had he made any uproar about the incident in Kerala but he proved me right, he doesn't need to and he doesn't care because there is nothing in it for Congress, because BJP is non existent in Kerala. How pathetic, a sick female being raped in the ambulance by a fricken nurse on the way to the hospital who is supposed to be looking after her, Kerala God's own country....

How dumb are you, you make stupid allegation saying religion of the rapist is my issue, you do realize I condemned the UP rape accused earlier in the thread.

Your number one issue seems to be protecting the online standing of the taklu Bisht. Just say so and we'll move on - us with waiting for things to unfold and hoping the perpetrators get caught, and you with driving your taxicab.

Your number one issue seems to be protecting the online standing of the taklu Bisht. .

Thats my issue ? you learn something new everyday, thanks for letting me know, first time I thought of this issue you raised.. :inti

India has one of the highest or if not the highest rape incidents in the world and women there are treated like absolute dirt, it is pathetic and disgusting.
Even One rape in a society shouldn't be brushed away, and this is not a topic to play the numbers game with. But before you throw your faux disgust our way, have a look at the shocking stats of Australia. They seem to have done a good job of bringing it down from nearly 100 times India's to now around 15 x India's stats. Even if you factor in unreported cases, that seems like a terrible country to live in.

However India would be no better and the country as a whole would be in a terrible situation with your Brain dead Rahul Puppu, its pathetic that this clown and his humanoid sister is taking advantage of the situation in UP with their Oscar winning acting performances, pretending to actually care for that poor victim.

So if the opposition doesn't hit the ground, your media shouts "Where is the Opposition" ... "Sitting in their AC rooms and tweeting."

When they do, it's all photo-ops.

2019 was the first time I ever voted Congress nationally. From my POV, the BJP losing my vote is a massive failure by Modi and a tremendous achievement by Adarniya Shri Rahul Gandhi.

congress.jpg

Last edited:
According to aam janta(awaam), Yogi is more worried about cows than women.

The guy at 1:16 standing next to his wife and carrying his daughter seems to be like our [MENTION=428]Romali_rotti[/MENTION] friend. It took me a few listens to understand his garbled words (which seems to be a common quality in the video among all the Bisht supporters). But he says - Why talk only about UP. In Kerala, there is a rape every four hours.

Which politician truly cares about these cases then, man woman or child? That's right - nobody. Yet you selectively have a go at one while letting the actual power that be off the hook (darling Bisht, in this case) that reflects that he has become one of the centrepieces of your world along with the two other Jack Apples who have dragged our discourse to the stone age in recent years. The Internet allows you to plant your jhanda and scream like an alleged desh-bhakt but in reality we are the tax-paying fraternity of this country and decide which politician makes the cut and where.

As for Kerala, God's own country is a tourist tagline and has worked well for the state over the years. It is one of the most progressive states in the country where Hindus, Christians and Muslims alike reside in harmony, and has fewer problems than the lands and politicians that you hold dear to your heart. However, who are we to convince you otherwise? If Bisht's smooth head gets you tingling, by all means - come back and set up shop in downtown Uttar Pradesh. Nobody is stopping you.

Just as I type that, your next fare has arrived. Drop-off a kollege student from Tullamarine to campus on the double. You must seemply hurry lest you be beaten to a pulp in what is not God's own country. Good luck.

Even One rape in a society shouldn't be brushed away, and this is not a topic to play the numbers game with. But before you throw your faux disgust our way, have a look at the shocking stats of Australia. They seem to have done a good job of bringing it down from nearly 100 times India's to now around 15 x India's stats. Even if you factor in unreported cases, that seems like a terrible country to live in.

Australia has many problems no one would deny, but women would feel safer in Australia any day over India. However the topic is about whats happening in India not Australia.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/myhubCtp-DI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So if the opposition doesn't hit the ground, your media shouts "Where is the Opposition" ... "Sitting in their AC rooms and tweeting."

When they do, it's all photo-ops.

I don't care what the Indian media says, I am talking from my perspective. Had Puppu raised any concerns about the Kerala rape case or even one of 1000s of other rape cases in Kerala (Where there is zero meaningful BJP presence), I would have thought different of him. However he is who he is; a dumb, brain dead opportunist, what do you expect, last I heard Rahul Puppu doesn't even know where Wayanad is, yeah the place where he is member of parliament lol...

2019 was the first time I ever voted Congress nationally. From my POV, the BJP losing my vote is a massive failure by Modi and a tremendous achievement by Adarniya Shri Rahul Gandhi.

It doesn't matter, whether you or pseudo seculars voted for anyone other than PM Modi, the man and his partyu won the election with flying colors gaining strong control of the Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha in the upper and lower house. You can sit there and scratch you head with your Nehruvian loyalty, however nothing will come out of it, its over for Congress, they never coming back however you do your thing and keep your day dreaming...

View attachment 103600

lol I liked that Puppu Poster, those who fight for the people, awww real cute :angel:

Last edited:
:) [MENTION=132715]Varun[/MENTION] has gone berserk on our Indian-Aussie friend on a Sunday morning.

It doesn't matter, whether you or pseudo seculars voted for anyone other than PM Modi, the man and his partyu won the election with flying colors gaining strong control of the Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha in the upper and lower house. You can sit there and scratch you head with your Nehruvian loyalty, however nothing will come out of it, its over for Congress, they never coming back however you do your thing and keep your day dreaming...

I have middle-class friends whose lives have become harder under Modi. Then there's this guy who soon after Engineering set up his own company and had contracts from Tata and Reliance laying cables. A few months before Corona happened, his business collapsed. He sold off all his machinery and joined a software company at the ripe old age of 31. I've seen extended family members who for the first time in years plan their vacations more prudently. One common theme though among all of them is that their rabid loyalty to Modi hasn't diminished. It's like they've invested too much to now backtrack. It's become an ego thing.

So when I used to sit scratching my head, looking at all of them in wonder, I was skeptical of a change at the Centre. But reading your posts gives me hope. I smell fear. It's like the dying, wailing throes of a wild animal that's walked into a trap.

You are scared, because you realize your end is near.

:) [MENTION=132715]Varun[/MENTION] has gone berserk on our Indian-Aussie friend on a Sunday morning.

I have middle-class friends whose lives have become harder under Modi. Then there's this guy who soon after Engineering set up his own company and had contracts from Tata and Reliance laying cables. A few months before Corona happened, his business collapsed. He sold off all his machinery and joined a software company at the ripe old age of 31. I've seen extended family members who for the first time in years plan their vacations more prudently. One common theme though among all of them is that their rabid loyalty to Modi hasn't diminished. It's like they've invested too much to now backtrack. It's become an ego thing.

So when I used to sit scratching my head, looking at all of them in wonder, I was skeptical of a change at the Centre. But reading your posts gives me hope. I smell fear. It's like the dying, wailing throes of a wild animal that's walked into a trap.

You are scared, because you realize your end is near.

I do agree that some aspects have become quite hard under PM Modi, my own family back in Kerala has had to shut down businesses also due to some of his policies.

Yes you are right, I do have a fear, I fear that a child like Rahul Gandhi who does not even know how to tie his shoe laces, running a country of a billion people.

However those fears are quickly get laid to rest because barring the Malayalees and the pseudo seculars you see in PakPassion whom are just tiny in numbers. The majority will see to it that a major catastrophe is prevented by not allowing total buddhoos like Rahul Pappu to be in charge of India, hence PM Modi will prevail barring a health issue, of course I could be wrong, however I am confident this would be the scenario.

Scores of people held a meeting Sunday outside the house of a former BJP MLA in Hathras where they defended the accused in the alleged gangrape of a Dalit woman who later died, and demanded registration of an FIR against her family members.

Heavy police force was deployed in the vicinity of the residence of former BJP MLA Rajvir Singh Pehalvan, located around 8-9 kilometres from the victim’s village.

One of the organisers of the meeting and Pehalvan’s son Manveer Singh denied that the gathering comprised members from the upper castes and said they were from “different sections of society”.

“We welcome the CBI inquiry ordered by the Uttar Pradesh chief minister. We have faith in the investigation,” Singh told PTI while claiming that the victim’s family members were “changing their stand”.

“The entire scenario has been created to blame the government. The accused persons are in favour of any type of inquiry. But the victims are changing their stand every now and then. They do not want a narco test or a CBI probe. Now they want other kinds of inquiries,” he claimed.

He said an FIR should be registered by police against the complainants in the case. “Our demand is that a case should be filed against those people who had filed the case in the first instance,” he said.

The 19-year-old Dalit woman was allegedly raped by four upper caste men in Hathras on September 14. She died on September 29.

On Sunday, Singh also said various legal options were being explored to defend the accused in the case. He asserted that the arrest of some of the accused persons from their homes was proof of their innocence.

Read| Damage control in Hathras: UP Govt seeks CBI probe, lifts village lockdown

“Had they been guilty, they would have run away from their homes. Why would they be present in their homes,” he said. He also alleged that the Congress and the Samajwadi Party were trying to influence the victim’s family as they wanted to the issue to “linger on”.

The meeting assumes significance as it was held a day after Congress leaders Rahul Gandhi and Priyanka Gandhi Vadra visited the victim’s house and met her family members at a village in Hathras district, and the recommendation of a CBI probe by UP chief minister Yogi Adityanath.

The victim was cremated in the dead of the night near her home on Wednesday. Her family alleged that they were forced by the local police to hurriedly conduct her last rites. Local police officers, however, had said the cremation was carried out “as per the wishes of the family”.

https://indianexpress.com/article/i...ng-held-at-former-bjp-mlas-residence-6702780/

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">WATCH: BJP leader and former Hathras MLA Rajvir Singh Pahalwan holds meeting at his place in support of <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Hathras?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Hathras</a> accused, says "no rape happened". Welcomes CBI enquiry to "get justice for innocents." <a href="https://t.co/PvhJiB7tYO">pic.twitter.com/PvhJiB7tYO</a></p>— Asmita Nandy (@NandyAsmita) <a href="https://twitter.com/NandyAsmita/status/1312655896749563904?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 4, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rape survivors face challenges, mental stress in filing FIRs in UP: Report

NEW DELHI: Rape survivors faced challenges in registering FIRs with Dalit survivors facing more hurdles acessing justice in Uttar Pradesh, an analysis by Commonwealth Human Rights Intiative, and Association for Advocacy and Legal Initiatives said.

The report documents 14 case studies of police refusal and failure to register complaints of rape survivors from the districts of Aligarh, Amroha, Auraiya, Lucknow, Jhansi, Jaunpur, and Muzzafarnagar in Uttar Pradesh.

Of the 14 cases, FIRs were registered in 11 cases, and the time taken by the police ranged between two days to over seven months, the analysis documented.

Delay in registration of FIRs caused more stress to the survivors who felt re-victimised in the process.

In six cases, police registered an FIR after complaints were escalated to senior police officers or after a court order.

Survivors faced delay, ridicule, pressure, and harassment when they approached the police to report complaints and register FIRs, according to the report.

These experiences added to the trauma of the survivors. Of the survivors interviewed, seven were Dalits.

While the law mandates the presence of female officials while the crime is being reported, in 12 out of 14 cases, the survivors had to describe the details of sexual assault to male police officials.

According to the report, survivors said police often disbelieved them from the time of the crime being recorded and subjected them to misogynist remarks. Police often assumed they were taking ‘undue’ advantage of laws and making false claims, said the analysis.

Survivors also said the police would intimidate them to settle the cases outside the legal machinery.

The police also tried to coerce the survivors and suggested marrying the perpetrator was an option in order to dilute the written complaints, the report found.

The study is largely based on interviews with survivors, caseworkers, network lawyers, and staff members of a one stop crisis centre on their experiences of reporting sexual assault complaints to the police.
https://www.newindianexpress.com/na...ress-in-filing-firs-in-up-report-2203879.html

Yogi Govt Enlists PR Firm to Push ‘Hathras Girl Was Not Raped’ Story Line With Foreign Media

New Delhi: All states have information departments to put out the official line on any given subject. But in ‘atmanirbhar’ Uttar Pradesh has the government felt the need to hire the services of a PR firm to press its controversial claim that the 19-year-old Dalit woman who was gang-raped last month in Hathras and succumbed to her injuries on September 29 was not actually raped at all.

On Thursday night, a number of foreign correspondents in India – and some national media correspondents – received a ‘clarification note’ from Concept PR, a Mumbai-based public relations firm with the ungrammatic headline:

“Hathras girl was not rape, reveal Forensic investigation, Preliminary Medical and Post-mortem report”

The note played up other claims too, such as:

“The reports also revealed the conspiracy to push the state into caste turmoil”

“SIT is sure to unveil evil design behind the whole incident”

And in a presumed reference to the government’s decision to quickly cremate the victim’s body in the middle of the night against the wishes of her family, the note says:

Police action was prompt to prevent untoward incident: further intensive probe into the matter

The PR note then goes on to reiterate what the UP assistant director general (ADG) of police (law and order) Prashant Kumar had already told the Indian media:

“Putting to rest all the speculation, the Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) report on the vaginal sample of the 19-year-old girl of Hathras has revealed that she was not raped. This is the conclusive confirmatory report after the post mortem medical report and post mortem report both have concluded that no rape was committed.”

While the UP government’s claim that the “Hatras girl was not rape(d)” has been questioned by medical and legal experts who say the state’s police evidently do not understand the definition of rape in the Indian Penal Code or the basics of rape forensics, the PR note makes it clear that the ongoing investigation is going to focus less on the Hathras crime and its perpetrators and more on the alleged “conspiracy to push the state into caste turmoil” which the ADG says the forensic report had “exposed”.

The ‘clarification note’ also specifies that the Special Investigation Team assigned by chief minister Adityanath to look into the matter “is sure to unveil evil designs of vested interests who wanted to create an atmosphere of disharmony in Uttar Pradesh.”

The UP Police will “now probe as to who was responsible for this malafide campaign and twisted the facts despite the statements of the responsible officers otherwise”.

This particular mention in the press note should be read as a warning to domestic media houses which have reported the Hathras incident as a gang-rape, quoting the family, or would still follow up on the story as so – besides sending out a caution to foreign correspondents to stay away from it.

The wider message also appears to be that in ‘New India’ rapes don’t take place, certainly none that reflect the harsh reality of caste injustices. And that any global attention on this case – akin to the Nirbhaya rape case of 2012 when the Congress-led UPA was in power – will not be acceptable. If anything, global media coverage would likely be looked upon by the government as part of a “conspiracy”, an “evil design” against UP and india.

This PR move was likely prompted by the fact that the rape victim’s death hit the headlines in several international papers, including the New York Times and the Guardian. The Adityanath government urgently needed a media strategy to nip this coverage in the bud, and also give some ammunition to the BJP’s NRI supporters to defend the party on social media and elsewhere.
https://thewire.in/government/adityanath-government-hathras-case-rape-pr-firm

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Among those rallying in support of Thakurs accused in <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Hathras?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Hathras</a> are members of Bajrang Dal, RSS, Karni Sena and a local BJP leader. Upper Castes being mobilised from nearby villages through a WhatsApp list. <br><br>Hindutva stands with rape accused again<a href="https://t.co/cl6emfZbnZ">https://t.co/cl6emfZbnZ</a></p>— Aditya Menon (@AdityaMenon22) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdityaMenon22/status/1312720729813643266?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 4, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:
Besharam Aadmi.. does anyone believe UP Police had the balls to do what they did without support from top? They burned the evidence , will probably report as she wasn't raped.
More besharmi,

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/day...n-advice-for-cops-2305062?pfrom=home-bigstory

Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath lashed out at the opposition today over their protests and visits to Hathras, where the alleged gang rape and brutality to a 20-year-old and her subsequent 2 am cremation by the police, keeping her family locked up, has raised a storm.
"Those who do not like development, they want to incite ethnic and communal riots," the Chief Minister tweeted, apparently targeting the opposition parties that have been holding protests over the issue.

Yogi Adityanath tweeted in Hindi: "Those who do not like development, they want to incite ethnic and communal riots. In the guise of these riots, they will get an opportunity to bake political loaves, so they do new conspiracies, we have to move the process of development rapidly by being fully alert to these conspiracies".

"It is possible to solve the biggest problems through dialogue," another tweet by the Chief Minister read. The state police, he admitted, still has to be "sensitive and proactive" in dealing with cases linked to women.

Yogi Adityanath's government has been facing huge criticism over the police handling of the case. Not only has the woman's family accused them of laxity and tardiness, their move to shift the body from a Delhi hospital disregarding her grief stricken family's appeals, has played out on national media. Their 2 am cremation, widely reported has evoked shock and outrage.

On Sunday, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath tweeted in Hindi: "It is possible to solve the biggest problems through dialogue. In 'New Uttar Pradesh', dialogue is the medium to solve all problems. Police department needs to be very sensitive and proactive in subjects related to mothers and sisters and issues related to scheduled castes and tribes".

Spoken just like his master, invokes development and riots' cards when he is cornered by his own brethren over his gross incompetence.

And lol, how do you solve this 'problem' by dialogue? Is this merely a problem though? What sort of development is UP seeing under him? Why is it still the most lawless state in India by far despite all his talks of development? Doesn't law & order come under development?

sanghis should make sense at least once in a while.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Among those rallying in support of Thakurs accused in <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Hathras?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Hathras</a> are members of Bajrang Dal, RSS, Karni Sena and a local BJP leader. Upper Castes being mobilised from nearby villages through a WhatsApp list. <br><br>Hindutva stands with rape accused again<a href="https://t.co/cl6emfZbnZ">https://t.co/cl6emfZbnZ</a></p>— Aditya Menon (@AdityaMenon22) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdityaMenon22/status/1312720729813643266?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 4, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Nothing new.

sanghis have always been with rapists, their ranks are infested by people who've committed a crime as gruesome as a rape.

EjfOOrXXkAAdM85.jpg

An apt description of current state of law & order and goverment's priorities....

More besharmi,

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/day...n-advice-for-cops-2305062?pfrom=home-bigstory

Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath lashed out at the opposition today over their protests and visits to Hathras, where the alleged gang rape and brutality to a 20-year-old and her subsequent 2 am cremation by the police, keeping her family locked up, has raised a storm.
"Those who do not like development, they want to incite ethnic and communal riots," the Chief Minister tweeted, apparently targeting the opposition parties that have been holding protests over the issue.

Yogi Adityanath tweeted in Hindi: "Those who do not like development, they want to incite ethnic and communal riots. In the guise of these riots, they will get an opportunity to bake political loaves, so they do new conspiracies, we have to move the process of development rapidly by being fully alert to these conspiracies".

"It is possible to solve the biggest problems through dialogue," another tweet by the Chief Minister read. The state police, he admitted, still has to be "sensitive and proactive" in dealing with cases linked to women.

Yogi Adityanath's government has been facing huge criticism over the police handling of the case. Not only has the woman's family accused them of laxity and tardiness, their move to shift the body from a Delhi hospital disregarding her grief stricken family's appeals, has played out on national media. Their 2 am cremation, widely reported has evoked shock and outrage.

On Sunday, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath tweeted in Hindi: "It is possible to solve the biggest problems through dialogue. In 'New Uttar Pradesh', dialogue is the medium to solve all problems. Police department needs to be very sensitive and proactive in subjects related to mothers and sisters and issues related to scheduled castes and tribes".

Guess he is taking a dig at his own colleague Uma Bharati

BJP loves standing with the rapists not sure why .. [MENTION=152021]Rajdeep[/MENTION]

Is the culpability proven, or are they accused only? Should do a narco test and a cbi inquiry to find the truth.

Accused.. I do see why AAP used that term as well- "Rape Accused:.. coz legal team of BJP eh.

Ofcourse now that the body is burnt CBI the eternal pawns of the center can determine rape didn't even happen.

Accused.. I do see why AAP used that term as well- "Rape Accused:.. coz legal team of BJP eh.

Ofcourse now that the body is burnt CBI the eternal pawns of the center can determine rape didn't even happen.

Even the absence of evidence of rape doesn't mean there was no sexual assault. But it should be investigated if the accused were involved in any capacity.

Problem with people is that they need to channel their inner outrage on something, and this is the hot topic now. Same happened with Nirbhaya case, but nothing changed. The accused should be given all legal aid which is their right and punished if they are proven guilty, otherwise ba-izzat bari under tazirat-e-hind.

The UP Police is under scrutiny over alleged lapses throughout the case. Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath said a three-member panel has been set up to investigate the matter and file a report within seven days.

----

Besharam Aadmi.. does anyone believe UP Police had the balls to do what they did without support from top? They burned the evidence , will probably report as she wasn't raped.

Which evidence was burned with the body?

https://thewire.in/rights/amit-malviya-hathras-rape-victim-video-twitter

New Delhi: In what seems like a party strategy to wriggle out of the bad press that the ruling BJP has been attracting for mishandling the Hathras case, its IT cell head Amit Malviya has tweeted a video showing the face of the victim in order to drive home the notion that the 19-year-old Dalit girl was not raped.

It must be noted that Malviya’s action came just hours after Uttar Pradesh Police denied that the victim was raped – even though the MLC report of the Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College and Hospital at Aligarh after examining the victim, accessed by The Wire, had noted it to be a suspected case of rape.

As per the Indian Penal Code, anyone revealing the identity of a victim of rape or a suspected rape or sexual assault can attract imprisonment up to two years.

However, Malviya seemed to have taken quick advantage of the UP police’s statement to proffer it to social media users as a case of mere physical assault leading to death – and not that of rape.

On October 2, the BJP leader tweeted the 48-second video saying, “Hathras victim’s interaction with a reporter outside AMU where she claimed there was an attempt to strangulate her neck. None of it is to take away from the atrocity of the crime but unfair to colour it and demean the gravity of one heinous crime against another…”

Same day, Priti Gandhi, national in-charge (social media) of BJP Mahila Morcha also tweeted denying it to be a case of sexual assault. Her tweet saying, “It is only a fiction of Lutyen media’s imagination. Are we governed by the rule of law or the hallucinations of a few??!!” was retweeted by Malviya.

On being asked about it, the chairperson of the National Commission of Women, Rekha Sharma told Indian Express, “If she is a rape victim, then the incident of tweeting the video is really very unfortunate and is also absolutely illegal.” The news report said NCW would look into the tweet by Malviya. NCW has also asked the state police to give an explanation as to why her body was hurriedly cremated.

The state women’s commission chairperson Vimla Batham told the newspaper that she had not seen the video but if it had given away the identity of the woman, it was “definitely objectionable” and the commission would serve a notice to the BJP IT cell head.

At the time this report was filed, Malviya had not taken down the video from his Twitter handle.

So even womenfolk prefer to side with bigots, However this lady Priti is a known hate peddler, so nothing new for her.

When a criminal is selected by the bigot to rule India's most populous state, result would be complete lawlessness in the state.

https://scroll.in/article/862892/ho...-case-against-himself-not-count-as-jungle-raj

It is important to remember that the people of Uttar Pradesh did not vote for Adityanath to be their chief minister. Yes, the Bharatiya Janata Party did win an overwhelming majority in the 2017 Assembly election and was free as a party to decide on its own leadership, but that does not mean it cannot be criticised for picking a man accused of attempting murder, criminal intimidation, rioting, promoting enmity between different groups and defiling place of worship as per his own election affidavit. And now that choice of an alleged criminal has led to the natural next step: Adityanath’s government is trying to get cases against him withdrawn.

The Indian Express reported on Wednesday that the Uttar Pradesh government has ordered the withdrawal of a case in which Adityanath, known to his followers as Yogi, as well as Minister of State for Finance at the Centre Shiv Pratap Shukla and BJP Member of Legislative Assembly Sheetal Pandey were all accused of violating prohibitory orders in Pipiganj in 1995. BD Mishra, the prosecution officer in Gorakhpur, told the newspaper that he has received a state government letter directing him to file a withdrawal application in court.

In other words, Adityanath’s government is attempting to withdraw a case against Adityanath. The court will have a say in the matter, since the withdrawal still involves moving an application before the judge. But if the government does not want to pursue a 20-year-old case, there is only so much a district judge can do to keep it alive. Effectively, Adityanath will potentially be allowed to decide on his own matter.

This is not the first time such a thing is happening either. Earlier in May, the Uttar Pradesh government had refused sanction for the prosecution of Aditynanath and others named in a first information report for allegedly inciting communal violence in Gorakhpur in 2007.

BJP’s choice
This is where it is important to remember that the people of the state did not pick Adityanath. He did not take charge after having campaigned as the party’s chief ministerial candidate, and indeed, was not even at the top of the list of names expected to be chosen. Put simply, the BJP did not need to pick an alleged criminal as its chief minister. It chose to do so.

Indeed, the people of Uttar Pradesh might have even more reason to complain about this choice when you take into consideration the campaign that the BJP ran. The saffron party explicitly campaigned on a platform accusing the incumbent Samajwadi Party government of being unable to control or, worse, being party to a “jungle raj” in which criminals were allowed to do as they liked. With Modi as their chief campaigner, the BJP insisted that it would bring the rule of law to a state that often does not see it.

Yet, once the people of Uttar Pradesh had voted for the BJP, the party picked an alleged criminal facing serious charges to lead the state. When you empower and enable those accused of crimes, you should not be surprised to then witness abuse of power. So Adityanath attempting to quash cases against himself is not surprising, though it is disappointing and the BJP – as the party that promises to be different and not enable criminals – ought to take a clear line against it.

Why are people engaging in politics over this when it is clear that there have been lapses in investigation of the crime and that the body of the girl was burnt forcibly in a hurry with a seemingly malicious intention? What is more important here? Justice or party politics?

And how can anyone in his right mind want Yogi to be in politics, let alone be a CM? UP was already a problematic place and an inept CM isnt helping its cause.

Why are people engaging in politics over this when it is clear that there have been lapses in investigation of the crime and that the body of the girl was burnt forcibly in a hurry with a seemingly malicious intention? What is more important here? Justice or party politics?

And how can anyone in his right mind want Yogi to be in politics, let alone be a CM? UP was already a problematic place and an inept CM isnt helping its cause.

Yes, only justice should be more important. There are lapses, that is why a CBI investigation, or even a probe by a retired SC judge.

What do you think was the malicious intent in burning the body?

Yes, only justice should be more important. There are lapses, that is why a CBI investigation, or even a probe by a retired SC judge.

Preventing re-postmortem examinations in a credible hospital, thereby killing all the leftover evidence’s of injuries that the woman has suffered. Now the reports say “no rape” is done, so even the SC will say as there is no evidence to prove the women has undergone any sexual assault, so all the accused are going to set free.

Now the reports say “no rape” is done, so even the SC will say as there is no evidence to prove the women has undergone any sexual assault, so all the accused are going to set free.
How will they get away? Even if they claim 'no rape', the girl was attacked and she died. Surely, the accused will be tried for murder at the very least.

There's a dying testimony from the victim available on Youtube where she clearly says she was raped and names two of the perpetrators. I expect the defence to use some 'leading questions' argument but not sure how they can ever get away.

Don't understand what game the BJP are trying to play here. It's always politics with them, but is the upper caste vote significantly larger than the dalit/lower caste vote in UP. The other day, with Section 144 enforced (which they used to prevent Rahul Gandhi initially visiting), a large congregation of upper caste men was allowed a few kms from the victim's family home. The group were there to discuss filing a complaint against the family for false claims. There's a video of a rabid upper-caste man threatening the victim's family near their home while police stand behind quietly. The DM was on video trying to intimidate the family. There's so much going against this for the BJP, it's literally political suicide if they try to play their upper-caste games here.

Preventing re-postmortem examinations in a credible hospital, thereby killing all the leftover evidence’s of injuries that the woman has suffered. Now the reports say “no rape” is done, so even the SC will say as there is no evidence to prove the women has undergone any sexual assault, so all the accused are going to set free.

She was there in the hospital for almost two weeks. What evidence was there to be destroyed? You are a doctor, so you should be knowing till when a person's body can have evidence of rape. Does that evidence survive for 2 weeks?

CM? Some people want Yogi to become our next PM. :inti

lol, Bisht is not inept. He is a religious & casteist bigot and hence the complete breakdown of law & order in UP under him.

That he is a bigger bigot than even 56" should tell you something.

Apparently DM, Hathras also told father of the victim that they won't have got any compensation had his daughter died of Covid!

Height of insensitivity!

Apparently DM, Hathras also told father of the victim that they won't have got any compensation had his daughter died of Covid!

Height of insensitivity!

If the DM has been insensitive to the victim's family, Yogi ji will definitely take action.

Why did they burn the body against the wishes of the family? Can you answer that? Dont say its sanskriti and all.

How will they get away? Even if they claim 'no rape', the girl was attacked and she died. Surely, the accused will be tried for murder at the very least.

There's a dying testimony from the victim available on Youtube where she clearly says she was raped and names two of the perpetrators. I expect the defence to use some 'leading questions' argument but not sure how they can ever get away.

Dont you think its not justice if the rapists arent convicted of rape? If they are still punished for murder, it just becomes incomplete justice in my view. It belittles the suffering of the victim.

Why did they burn the body against the wishes of the family? Can you answer that? Dont say its sanskriti and all.

I can't say for sure, but I can guess like you and others.

But you did not answer. what was the malicious intent in burning the body?

Dont you think its not justice if the rapists arent convicted of rape? If they are still punished for murder, it just becomes incomplete justice in my view. It belittles the suffering of the victim.

Courts can only give judgements based on the evidence they are provided. Justice is not delivered if there is no evidence. But to say that justice hasn't been delivered, we must have evidence of evidence not being provided.

I can't say for sure, but I can guess like you and others.

But you did not answer. what was the malicious intent in burning the body?

Malicious intent could be to protect the criminals, cause disruptions in investigation so that justice is delayed as much as possible etc.

Courts can only give judgements based on the evidence they are provided. Justice is not delivered if there is no evidence. But to say that justice hasn't been delivered, we must have evidence of evidence not being provided.

Well, a big evidence was burnt hastily by the law enforcers against the wishes of the family.

Malicious intent could be to protect the criminals, cause disruptions in investigation so that justice is delayed as much as possible etc.

The family would have cremated the body anyway. So how does burning the body protect the criminals and cause disruption in investigation?

[MENTION=133135]kaayal[/MENTION] already answered that above. She is the expert.

Ok, didn't see her post. Thanks for pointing out.

She is wrong, and she is no expert. One doctor doesn't know much about other medical specializations. Rape evidence is not useful after 72-98 hours. The victim was in the hospital for almost 2 weeks.

cc [MENTION=133135]kaayal[/MENTION], please tell how rape evidence can be destroyed after so many days.

Maybe my assumption is for proof they cannot test it again?

What do you think could they have found in the body after so many days? The evidence what should have been taken was during the initial few days. After that it doesn't matter.

It is proven by government data that over 56 per cent funds of the ‘Beti Padhao Beti Bachao’ scheme from 2014-15 to 2018-19 were spent on promotional activities alone.

There you go.

It is proven by government data that over 56 per cent funds of the ‘Beti Padhao Beti Bachao’ scheme from 2014-15 to 2018-19 were spent on promotional activities alone.

There you go.

This is good. The mindset needs a change and that can be done by visible promotional activities. It took a rustic Prime Servant to address this issue from the ramparts of the red fort. Wonder what others so called qualified PM's did.

There you go.

Further 19% wasnt released at all. Only 25% was actually used for the purpose. Its incredible when one thinks about it.

Further 19% wasnt released at all. Only 25% was actually used for the purpose. Its incredible when one thinks about it.
Nothing incredible, I'd say especially under this dispensation. Nothing surprises me about this government.

If only this extremely efficient event management translated into something more concrete for our betis for whom these funds were meant for.

She was there in the hospital for almost two weeks. What evidence was there to be destroyed? You are a doctor, so you should be knowing till when a person's body can have evidence of rape. Does that evidence survive for 2 weeks?

Evidence of rape remains depends on the extend of harm done to the victim’s body. Lacerations of private parts and fractures remains for several days even after 2 weeks. Only the contusions will be faded out. Here since no sperm was found because of the possible late sampling of vagina, rape could be proved only if the Police investigation of collecting the circumstantial evidence was done properly. Also victims first medical report after the rape and the chemical analysis of the presence of semen in victims clothes at the time of rape also need to be confirmed to make it stronger.

Regarding second autopsy, before performing it the doctor should obtain all the available documents relating to the case especially the first autopsy report, photographs of the scene of death of the body, taken during first autopsy, hospital records, police investigative reports, x-rays, etc . And if possible the first autopsy pathologist should be called to correlate all the findings.

The interpretation of the findings of a second autopsy performed on a previously autopsied body is difficult because of the decomposition changes, various artifacts and serious alterations resulting from the first autopsy. Still The findings should be documented precisely, whether they are confirmatory or contradictory from the result of first autopsy. It is possible that valuable results may be obtained. Even if no new information is obtained from the second autopsy, it will help in putting an end to rumours or suspicions.

Ok, didn't see her post. Thanks for pointing out.

She is wrong, and she is no expert. One doctor doesn't know much about other medical specializations. Rape evidence is not useful after 72-98 hours. The victim was in the hospital almost 2 weeks.

cc [MENTION=133135]kaayal[/MENTION], please tell how rape evidence can be destroyed after so many days.

I am no expert but i do learn some Forensic medicine during my Medical education. Rape evidence is not just based on the presence of spermatozoa in woman’s vagina, there can be a lot of supporting evidences that the Police should have collected during investigation process so that the victim could prove it in the court of law.

Don't understand what game the BJP are trying to play here. It's always politics with them, but is the upper caste vote significantly larger than the dalit/lower caste vote in UP. The other day, with Section 144 enforced (which they used to prevent Rahul Gandhi initially visiting), a large congregation of upper caste men was allowed a few kms from the victim's family home. The group were there to discuss filing a complaint against the family for false claims. There's a video of a rabid upper-caste man threatening the victim's family near their home while police stand behind quietly. The DM was on video trying to intimidate the family. There's so much going against this for the BJP, it's literally political suicide if they try to play their upper-caste games here.

Ideally dying declaration is enough in most cases but here didn’t you hear the District Magistrate tthreatening the victim’s family? They are changing everything according to their convenience. I don’t think the family will get any justice.

I am no expert but i do learn some Forensic medicine during my Medical education. Rape evidence is not just based on the presence of spermatozoa in woman’s vagina, there can be a lot of supporting evidences that the Police should have collected during investigation process so that the victim could prove it in the court of law.

The police should have. But the police did not either collect the supporting evidence (or it wasn't present). The reason the police burnt the body ( at least this is the internal word) was to prevent a law and order issue, as lots of people had gathered after she died and were going to protest over the dead body. But it was counter productive. BJP govt in Rajasthan fell because they cremated the body of a criminal without giving it to the family, and here there girl was not even a criminal, so there is going to be a political price to pay for this bungling. Anyway, the body was not cremated to destroy evidence. Any evidence which could have been present was already lost, and if not the UP Police, it would the CBI which would be investigating. Why would UP police need to fear the CBI if it was a political order to destroy evidence?

"Deep Conspiracy In Hathras": UP Police Files 19 Cases Across State

Lucknow: Nineteen FIRs have been filed by the Uttar Pradesh police in the aftermath of the alleged gang rape and torture in Hathras of a young woman who died last week. Facing criticism over its handling of the case, the police have alleged an attempt to disturb peace in the state and listed sedition, conspiracy and promoting religious hatred in the main FIR or First Information Report filed in Hathras.
The cases have been filed across the state just a day after UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath claimed that the Hathras incident was being exploited by those who were upset at his government's progress.

The charges listed in the main FIR include inciting caste divides, religious discrimination, doctoring electronic evidence, a conspiracy against the state and defamation. The charges tie in with the administration's assertion that there is more to the case involving the fatal assault on the young Dalit woman. "There is a deep conspiracy in Hathras, we will investigate the truth," senior police officer Prashant Kumar said.

With opposition politicians visiting the woman's family, the UP police has also filed cases for violation of distancing and other safety rules for Covid.

Yogi Adityanath had recently warned BJP workers of "conspiracies against his government" and an attempt to incite caste and religious riots. "Those who do not like development, they want to incite caste and communal riots in the country and state and want to stop development," the Chief Minister had said.

Yogi Adityanath's government and the UP police have been facing widespread condemnation over the handling of the Hathras horror.

The 20-year-old woman was assaulted by four upper caste men at her village on September 14 and left with horrific wounds including fractures, a spinal injury that left her paralysed and a gash in her tongue. The UP police, accused of a slow response to the woman's complaint, has alleged that there was no rape or gang rape involved and that a forensic report proves it. That claim has been questioned by experts who point out that the samples were taken 11 days after the woman was attacked.

Yogi Adityanath's administration has also been accused of trying to cover up the crime blamed on upper caste Thakurs. After the woman's death, the UP police took away her body and forcibly cremated it at 2.30 am, refusing to hand it over to her family.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/hat...ses-across-state-2305419?pfrom=home-topscroll

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Big Breaking: The case has been filed on charges of sedition, promoting enmity between different groups, acts to disturb harmony, assertions prejudicial to national-integration, intent to incite and under Section 67 of the IT ACT <a href="https://t.co/8ipIL8qfKT">https://t.co/8ipIL8qfKT</a> <a href="https://t.co/FLjmGkncKK">pic.twitter.com/FLjmGkncKK</a></p>— Aman Sharma (@AmanKayamHai_ET) <a href="https://twitter.com/AmanKayamHai_ET/status/1313031050499518464?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 5, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Hathras?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Hathras</a>: UP police cry ‘international plot’ to cause caste violence and defame Adityanath regime<a href="https://t.co/gQYd0rbuRc">https://t.co/gQYd0rbuRc</a> <a href="https://t.co/xJzSagy9lr">pic.twitter.com/xJzSagy9lr</a></p>— newslaundry (@newslaundry) <a href="https://twitter.com/newslaundry/status/1313072382437859330?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 5, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The police should have. But the police did not either collect the supporting evidence (or it wasn't present). The reason the police burnt the body ( at least this is the internal word) was to prevent a law and order issue, as lots of people had gathered after she died and were going to protest over the dead body. But it was counter productive. BJP govt in Rajasthan fell because they cremated the body of a criminal without giving it to the family, and here there girl was not even a criminal, so there is going to be a political price to pay for this bungling. Anyway, the body was not cremated to destroy evidence. Any evidence which could have been present was already lost, and if not the UP Police, it would the CBI which would be investigating. Why would UP police need to fear the CBI if it was a political order to destroy evidence?

I don’t think they are feared of any evidence which they can easily destroy but more of the media glare to the case. My trust on CBI and SIT investigation tripled after watching this video.

Yogiji has hired a PR firm to tackle this negative publicity. Soon we will see new narratives.

https://thewire.in/government/adityanath-government-hathras-case-rape-pr-firm

The post mortem wouldn't reveal any evidence of sexual assault as the crucial time had already elapsed.

So which evidence was destroyed again?

I see your question was answered by [MENTION=133135]kaayal[/MENTION]

And now sedition cases are being filed, international plots are being blamed. What next? Alien attack?

I see your question was answered by [MENTION=133135]kaayal[/MENTION]

And now sedition cases are being filed, international plots are being blamed. What next? Alien attack?

She said that a second autopsy can use secondary evidence which can either confirm or contradict the initial report. Who was UP police afraid of? Which body would have done a second autopsy? When the family said they wanted to cremate the body in the morning, which international body was going to come and do the second autopsy?

Back