US: New York City to allow Muslim call to prayer on Fridays

KingKhanWC

Test Captain
Runs

This would be unimaginable 20 years ago in NYC.

There are now around 270 mosques in NYC. The Adhan will be heard in much of NYC.

No matter who much they have attacked Islam, it seems to be flourishing in the USA.

This would be amazing, NYC is such a diverse melting pot of cultures.

what religious freedom in a secular country? Make we can ring church bells in Mecca next time ? On a serious note there is no need for The azaan. I live in nyc. I am two buildings away from a Catholic Church. They no longer ring their bells due to objections by the people and noise pollution . I don’t know if it’s the law or the church is just be courteous. Everyone knows what time it is. No need for the bells. Same goes for azaan.

what religious freedom in a secular country? Make we can ring church bells in Mecca next time ? On a serious note there is no need for The azaan. I live in nyc. I am two buildings away from a Catholic Church. They no longer ring their bells due to objections by the people and noise pollution . I don’t know if it’s the law or the church is just be courteous. Everyone knows what time it is. No need for the bells. Same goes for azaan.

I live across the road from a church, they ring the bells regularly, including at 9am on a Sunday which the wife isn't a fan of. Personally I like it, good to see some traditions are still holding in parts of the country.

Although not sure New York really has any traditions, it's a collection of immigrants so I guess the Azan would just mix in with whatever else goes on there.

Back