Usman Khan barred from participation in Emirates Cricket Board events for 5 years [Update on post# 183]

Looked a genuine no 11 against the short pitch stuff and a genuine lower order bat against pace.

This does not make any sense. Why he should train with the Pakistan team when he is not willing to represent Pakistan anymore?

------------------------------

As per reports:

The selectors are considering the inclusion of Usman Khan in the training camp at an Army base in Kakul.

Previously, he expressed his desire to play for the UAE, but he still has 14 months remaining to qualify for their team.

This does not make any sense. Why he should train with the Pakistan team when he is not willing to represent Pakistan anymore?

As per reports:

The selectors are considering the inclusion of Usman Khan in the training camp at an Army base in Kakul.

Previously, he expressed his desire to play for the UAE, but he still has 14 months remaining to qualify for their team.
utter stupidity if true .

As per reports:

He doesn't have a desire due to shady selection policies.

If pcb genuinely offer him stability he will play and will become our ideal future no 3 or opener.

He doesn't have a desire due to shady selection policies.

If pcb genuinely offer him stability he will play and will become our ideal future no 3 or opener.
Surely ICC will have a thing or 2 to say on this?

Surely ICC will have a thing or 2 to say on this?
Hmm, I think it depends since uae doesn't offer passports, just golden visa which although give the same privilege as passports don't prevent you from living elsewhere or working elsewhere fulltime.

So he still has a pakistani passport and is eligible to play, I don't think pcb is breaking any rule.

Hmm, I think it depends since uae doesn't offer passports, just golden visa which although give the same privilege as passports don't prevent you from living elsewhere or working elsewhere fulltime.

So he still has a pakistani passport and is eligible to play, I don't think pcb is breaking any rule.
I suppose since he has not played for UAE national side then there is a case for him to play wherever he wants.

I suppose since he has not played for UAE national side then there is a case for him to play wherever he wants.
I agree because he said he has a desire to play, not that he has any actual records.

Actually more specifically he said verbatim in urdu translated in english

" I will go wherever destiny takes me, be it to represent Pakistan or UAE"
^^ those were his words.

I agree but Tareen needs to keep his advice about his batting position to himself. This is not Multan Sultans where you don’t change one person’s position and keep shuffling everyone else around.

When Pakistan appoints a coach, then we will see.
but just wondering if he gets selceted at which postion he can play? considering our big 3 (Babar, riz and Fakhar) wont leave his place.

So looks all set to play for Pakistan?

Included in fitness camp.

Should replace rizwan in all formats.
You say reasonable things and then you say such unbelievably extreme things like this.

Usman Khan so far is just a league cricketer who now has the opportunity to prove himself in international T20. He has almost no List A experience or FC experience. League cricket performances are worth almost nothing, especially when it comes to performing in ODI or Test, and sometimes even T20.

Azam Khan looks like Vivian Richards out there, Iftikhar looks like Glenn Maxwell, and some of our bowlers look like Malcolm Marshall in PSL. Yet we have all seen how much their performances drop off in international cricket even against B and C sides. Azam Khan has yet to pass 10 runs in international T20 despite playing against Afghanistan and England’s C side. The standard of league cricket is so low, but because Usman Khan bashes some weak attacks in league cricket he should be our wicket keeper in all formats?

Rizwan has already proven himself in Test cricket and is the highest averaging Asian WK of all time in SENA conditions. His spot in the Test side is secured for at least 3 years. Even Sarfraz would be a better option to bring back in Test cricket than a batsmen who is solely focused on T20 leagues.

Usman is just the tip of the iceberg. Karachi has been the most under utilised and neglected region of Pakistan. For every Usman Khan or Mir Hamza that gets selected, their are about 10 other guys with the same or even higher ceiling who are forced to grind away in tape ball leagues all because our board is controlled by two provincial mafias

You say reasonable things and then you say such unbelievably extreme things like this.

Usman Khan so far is just a league cricketer who now has the opportunity to prove himself in international T20. He has almost no List A experience or FC experience. League cricket performances are worth almost nothing, especially when it comes to performing in ODI or Test, and sometimes even T20.

Azam Khan looks like Vivian Richards out there, Iftikhar looks like Glenn Maxwell, and some of our bowlers look like Malcolm Marshall in PSL. Yet we have all seen how much their performances drop off in international cricket even against B and C sides. Azam Khan has yet to pass 10 runs in international T20 despite playing against Afghanistan and England’s C side. The standard of league cricket is so low, but because Usman Khan bashes some weak attacks in league cricket he should be our wicket keeper in all formats?

Rizwan has already proven himself in Test cricket and is the highest averaging Asian WK of all time in SENA conditions. His spot in the Test side is secured for at least 3 years. Even Sarfraz would be a better option to bring back in Test cricket than a batsmen who is solely focused on T20 leagues.
"You say reasonable things and then you say such unbelievably extreme things like this."

The reason why I'm saying so, is because he has a higher ceiling then rizwan ever will, they both played for the same team, faced the same bowlers, and yet the one with experience did worse.

Rizwan isn't a good player, he's a medicore player who's managed some good innings and notable innings throughout his lifetime, same can be said for the many average players we've had over the years like Ahmed shehzad etc. He's no where near as consistent as babar, and he's not a technically sound player, Give usman Khan the same 3 to 4 years as rizwan in all formats and see what happens.

"Azam Khan looks like Vivian Richards out there, Iftikhar looks like Glenn Maxwell, and some of our bowlers look like Malcolm Marshall in PSL. Yet we have all seen how much their performances drop off in international cricket even against B and C sides. Azam Khan has yet to pass 10 runs in international T20 despite playing against Afghanistan and England’s C side. The standard of league cricket is so low, but because Usman Khan bashes some weak attacks in league cricket he should be our wicket keeper in all formats?"
Ik you didnt mean it literally, but none of these players even at their best looked anywhere close to modern greats or ATG's. Azam khan was always bang average in franchise, a few bashes wouldn't ever convince me, the dude can't run, has extremely slow reactions and has no cricketing shots beyond swinging the bat like a base ball, he was never a VIV Richards in franchise just cause he can do a few asif Ali wonders.

Chacha is the same, he's been mediocre his whole life, even then currently he's ironically mot as bad as a no 6 that people make him out to be, he was actually our best bat in t20 2022 season in the world cup, and his performance against NZ wasn't that bad, even if it was a c string 100, same logic would apply to rizwan, a c string weak bowling attack 135 but failed 5 matches in a row straight after. Chacha and rizwan are in the same tier lol both are medicore in the roles they fulfil

"
Rizwan has already proven himself in Test cricket and is the highest averaging Asian WK of all time in SENA conditions. His spot in the Test side is secured for at least 3 years. Even Sarfraz would be a better option to bring back in Test cricket than a batsmen who is solely focused on T20 leagues."

He hasnt, he was so bad they rested him for sarfraz who managed to humilate rizwan for one series, Sarfraz forced rizwan to actually pull his socks up and train harder hemce rizwan's performance in test recently improved and by recent i mean recently, theirs zero proof that he wont just pull another sarfraz and resurge fornone series only to be average from here on out.

His position being secured for 3 years in Pakistan means nothing, any other team with a brain cell would have replaced him or pushed him lower, Rachin ravidra literally replaced an established batsmen like will young at opening who was a regular for years, solely due his IPL form, even though rachin didn't have any experience at opening and was a lackluster middle order bat, NZ didn't hesitate to do the replacement.

Theirs a reason NZ, Australia, India etc are goat teams, their actually capable of understanding things in hindsight otherwise if you were born in NZ, You'd be writing an essay on me claiming how I'm crazy for suggesting an IPL basher at opening but otherwise a failed middle order bat shpuld replace senior batters at opening for NZ in a completly different format no less solely because of league performances.

You're acting as if Rizwan didn't play in the same team and face the exact same bowlers as usman did.

Has he withdrawn his UAE nationality?
UAE does not give out nationalities, Golden visas give you the exact same privilege as an Emirati citizen but it doesn't classify you as a citizen.

In order to become an Emirati citizen you either had to be of Arab decent, be married and then live 8 years in the country to a man or women who holds an Emirati passport, be a child of an Emirati passport holder, or live and work in the country for 30 years straight.

Usman Khan getting a golden visa makes him eligible to play for UAE and compete in uae but also play for Pakistan as he's still a pakistani passport holder.

Now whatever corrupt looney toon logic pcb decides for him, that's the boards corruption at display, he hasn't broken any rules.

You say reasonable things and then you say such unbelievably extreme things like this."

The reason why I'm saying so, is because he has a higher ceiling then rizwan ever will, they both played for the same team, faced the same bowlers, and yet the one with experience did worse.

Rizwan isn't a good player, he's a medicore player who's managed some good innings and notable innings throughout his lifetime, same can be said for the many average players we've had over the years like Ahmed shehzad etc. He's no where near as consistent as babar, and he's not a technically sound player, Give usman Khan the same 3 to 4 years as rizwan in all formats and see what happens.
I would respond to the rest of the post but it comes down to the same thing anyway. You’re basing all of this on him bashing some sides in PSL where the standard of bowling is very low. The standard of even T20 international bowling is much lower than the kind of consistent attacks you face in Test cricket.
Theirs a reason NZ, Australia, India etc are goat teams, their actually capable of understanding things in hindsight otherwise if you were born in NZ, You'd be writing an essay on me claiming how I'm crazy for suggesting an IPL basher at opening but otherwise a failed middle order bat shpuld replace senior batters at opening for NZ in a completly different format no less solely because of league performances.
You speak about NZ, Australia, and India but all of the Australian media and commentators were unbelievably shocked that Sarfraz was playing. You can even go look at the cricinfo commentary and so many of the comments at the time were discussing the shock that Rizwan was not selected for the first test because he batted really well the rest of the series after he played.

He hasnt, he was so bad they rested him for sarfraz who managed to humilate rizwan for one series, Sarfraz forced rizwan to actually pull his socks up and train harder hemce rizwan's performance in test recently improved and by recent i mean recently, theirs zero proof that he wont just pull another sarfraz and resurge fornone series only to be average from here on out.
What are you talking about? He didn’t play one series against New Zealand at home and then missed one match against Sri Lanka before he was brought in as a concussion replacement and he scored 50*. He was then our best performing batsmen in Australia.

Sarfraz can probably still perform in low and slow subcontinental pitches, but Rizwan has already accomplished 10x as much in SENA countries despite playing much less. That’s what he’s an automatic selection in SENA and why the entire world was shocked he was not selected for the first Test in Australia.
Chacha is the same, he's been mediocre his whole life, even then currently he's ironically mot as bad as a no 6 that people make him out to be, he was actually our best bat in t20 2022 season in the world cup, and his performance against NZ wasn't that bad, even if it was a c string 100, same logic would apply to rizwan, a c string weak bowling attack 135 but failed 5 matches in a row straight after. Chacha and rizwan are in the same tier lol both are medicore in the roles they fulfil
By your logic because Iftikhar was one of the best middle order batsmen in PSL, he should also be in the middle order in Test. After all, he averaged 65 at a 193 SR.
His position being secured for 3 years in Pakistan means nothing, any other team with a brain cell would have replaced him or pushed him lower, Rachin ravidra literally replaced an established batsmen like will young at opening who was a regular for years, solely due his IPL form, even though rachin didn't have any experience at opening and was a lackluster middle order bat, NZ didn't hesitate to do the replacement
Rachin Ravindra has a solid FC and List A career which is why he was also selected for the Test squad.
The obvious things that is wrong is that Pakistan rarely has players that perform in SENA. Rizwan already has a better record than any Pakistan WK ever in SENA even if he chose to retire today. That’s a fact.

Bashing attacks in PSL does not mean you’re going to be a good Test batsmen. That’s ridiculous.

Bashing league cricket bowlers in T20 has absolutely nothing to do with your performance in Test cricket.

Rizwan averaged 48.5 in Australia against Cummins, Starc, Hazelwood, and Lyon. That’s more impressive and more meaningful for Test cricket than bashing league cricket bowlers or even averaging 150 @ 200 SR in PSL.

An average of 46 in Australia, 40 in England, and 43 in New Zealand in Testis already better than any Pakistan WK has ever done, let alone what some guy who has only played 2 FC match where he didn’t perform.

Usman is just the tip of the iceberg. Karachi has been the most under utilised and neglected region of Pakistan. For every Usman Khan or Mir Hamza that gets selected, their are about 10 other guys with the same or even higher ceiling who are forced to grind away in tape ball leagues all because our board is controlled by two provincial mafias
He's not from Karachi. Must be a heartbreak for you.

Bashing league cricket bowlers in T20 has absolutely nothing to do with your performance in Test cricket.

Rizwan averaged 48.5 in Australia against Cummins, Starc, Hazelwood, and Lyon. That’s more impressive and more meaningful for Test cricket than bashing league cricket bowlers or even averaging 150 @ 200 SR in PSL.

An average of 46 in Australia, 40 in England, and 43 in New Zealand in Testis already better than any Pakistan WK has ever done, let alone what some guy who has only played 2 FC match where he didn’t perform.
Rizwan has better stats in SENA than many of the greats from SC. When you defend rizwan against these sort of posts they think you are a blind supporter. Anyone who advocates for Usman Khan ahead of Rizwan in tests specially knows nothing about cricket.

I would respond to the rest of the post but it comes down to the same thing anyway. You’re basing all of this on him bashing some sides in PSL where the standard of bowling is very low. The standard of even T20 international bowling is much lower than the kind of consistent attacks you face in Test cricket.

You speak about NZ, Australia, and India but all of the Australian media and commentators were unbelievably shocked that Sarfraz was playing. You can even go look at the cricinfo commentary and so many of the comments at the time were discussing the shock that Rizwan was not selected for the first test because he batted really well the rest of the series after he played.

What are you talking about? He didn’t play one series against New Zealand at home and then missed one match against Sri Lanka before he was brought in as a concussion replacement and he scored 50*. He was then our best performing batsmen in Australia.

Sarfraz can probably still perform in low and slow subcontinental pitches, but Rizwan has already accomplished 10x as much in SENA countries despite playing much less. That’s what he’s an automatic selection in SENA and why the entire world was shocked he was not selected for the first Test in Australia.

By your logic because Iftikhar was one of the best middle order batsmen in PSL, he should also be in the middle order in Test. After all, he averaged 65 at a 193 SR.

Rachin Ravindra has a solid FC and List A career which is why he was also selected for the Test squad.

The obvious things that is wrong is that Pakistan rarely has players that perform in SENA. Rizwan already has a better record than any Pakistan WK ever in SENA even if he chose to retire today. That’s a fact.

Bashing attacks in PSL does not mean you’re going to be a good Test batsmen. That’s ridiculous.
That goes both ways then, if the standards of bowling are very low, then an established batter like rizwan should be outperforming UK by miles, not the other way around.

The Australian media point is completely irrelevant, what their commentators think is as irrelevant as the comments that Micheal Clark has made about us irrelevant any aussie comparing babar to Bradman, their media is not the same as their competent management whi run things. Don't bring this point in me to ignore the rachin point I made.

I'm mostly going to ignore the other points as this was never about rizwan or sarfraz or any if his test stats, you're comparing rizwan's test stats and are using them to justify ot over someone who doesn't have the same experience, I can't give you hypothetical statistics. Don't derail the convo,

Rizwan and UK both played under the same team on the same pitches and faced the same bowlers. If the logic of UK only bashed low quality bowlers is applicable then rizwan should have been a viv Richards in comparison, he wasn't, he was far worse when both were on stage.

Don't derail this to a test statistical discussion, the earlier point of him replacing in all formats and a test statistical discussion do not equate.

Now for the last point, all of this is such a lie, it's why I chose to ignore your yousaf point because considering you stats argument you portrayed to me, it's clear you don't have a clue how it all works.

Someone like rizwan and wasim bari, or someone like yousaf and Bobby played in a different era altogether with different rules, different mindsets, different quality bats, more even pitches as the whole franchise 6 entertainment Mantra and social media hype wasn't a thing.

It's why averaging something like even 35 in that era and the 90+ Sr of jaysuria was considered such a quality rating. Sachin's stats in hindsight were considered godly since in this era that avg would equate to a near 70 avg lol.

Babar will statistically leave as the greatest pakistani batsmen to have ever played but the reality is, if he played during inzi's and yousaf's era his avg would fall eight down to 28 to 30. He can't handle chinaman kuldeep 2 ball era PP rules,you think he'd or rizwan would be able to perform any of their nonsense during Shane Wayne's old era rule spell?

Rizwan has better stats in SENA than many of the greats from SC. When you defend rizwan against these sort of posts they think you are a blind supporter. Anyone who advocates for Usman Khan ahead of Rizwan in tests specially knows nothing about cricket.
Since you started watching cricket from 2019, you'd probs assume babar is 10x the batter that Sachin was due to him having better stats 😂. Looney toon logic.

Yasir Shah has a test 100 in Australia but Rizwan doesn’t so with that logic Yasir is the better batsmen (not far from the truth tbh)

Yeah even Fakhar Zaman who is a legitimate match winner in international ODI failed in Test cricket. It’s a completely different skill set.

"I don't have likes or dislikes".
Me stating he should replace rizwan in all formats is because I like UK? Ayt.

Clearly I'm not basing my decision of over the fact that rizwan is a loony toon on the field, and UK was just far superior to him in psl.

Yasir Shah has a test 100 in Australia but Rizwan doesn’t so with that logic Yasir is the better batsmen (not far from the truth tbh)
It’s not about 100’s it’s about consistent performances. Yasir Shah averaged 14 with the bat in Test cricket and 27 with the bat in Australia despite playing some really good innings.

Rizwan averages 46 in Australia across his career and 48 in the last series. He also performed in all SENA countries.

Since you started watching cricket from 2019, you'd probs assume babar is 10x the batter that Sachin was due to him having better stats 😂. Looney toon logic.
You don't have an answer. Not a problem it's the sort of response I expected when someone doesn't have an answer.

Rizwan and UK both played under the same team on the same pitches and faced the same bowlers. If the logic of UK only bashed low quality bowlers is applicable then rizwan should have been a viv Richards in comparison, he wasn't, he was far worse when both were on stage.
No because the skills required to play in Test cricket are completely different than T20 cricket.

Some of the best T20 players in the world do not even play Test cricket or are horrible at it. Even Fakhar Zaman who is a match winner in ODI was terrible in Test cricket.

No because the skills required to play in Test cricket are completely different than T20 cricket.

Some of the best T20 players in the world do not even play Test cricket or are horrible at it. Even Fakhar Zaman who is a match winner in ODI was terrible in Test cricket.
Their different formats but you're automatically assuming UK will fail when he hasn't been tested.

So don't know why you're being desperate. One person got dropped, got humiliated by a has Been batsmen and had to make his return count which he did.

The other is yet to play in a test setting.

It’s not about 100’s it’s about consistent performances. Yasir Shah averaged 14 with the bat in Test cricket and 27 with the bat in Australia despite playing some really good innings.

Rizwan averages 46 in Australia across his career and 48 in the last series. He also performed in all SENA countries.
"He performed in all SENA countries" and what did these performances garner with regards to results

2020 tour of England: We lose a series for the first time since 2010 despite Rizwan being man of the series
2020 tour of New Zealand: We are humiliated in both test matches, a humiliation I don't think we have ever seen in our history vs New Zealand and guess who was captain for that series? The actor himself. He was also the top run scorer and yet it meant nothing
2023 tour of Australia: We had a once in a life time opportunity to win a test match. 90 runs needed to win, Rizwan batting with the competent Agha and what does he do? He throws his wicket playing a leg side hack as he always does. The one chance of glory, the once chance for us to make history was stolen by one man and one man alone

Contrast this to Saifi who as keeper contributed twice to a series draw in England. If this was Rizwan you wouldn't hear the end of it

Dhoni doesn't have a century in SENA. According to your logic Yasir shah is better. The fact remains rizwan will get games in SENA to potentially get a century something which sarfraz could only dream of as he will be sitting at home and watching his master rizwan the greatest wk play for Pakistan.

That goes both ways then, if the standards of bowling are very low, then an established batter like rizwan should be outperforming UK by miles, not the other way around.

The Australian media point is completely irrelevant, what their commentators think is as irrelevant as the comments that Micheal Clark has made about us irrelevant any aussie comparing babar to Bradman, their media is not the same as their competent management whi run things. Don't bring this point in me to ignore the rachin point I made.

I'm mostly going to ignore the other points as this was never about rizwan or sarfraz or any if his test stats, you're comparing rizwan's test stats and are using them to justify ot over someone who doesn't have the same experience, I can't give you hypothetical statistics. Don't derail the convo,

Don't derail this to a test statistical discussion, the earlier point of him replacing in all formats and a test statistical discussion do not equate.

Now for the last point, all of this is such a lie, it's why I chose to ignore your yousaf point because considering you stats argument you portrayed to me, it's clear you don't have a clue how it all works.

Someone like rizwan and wasim bari, or someone like yousaf and Bobby played in a different era altogether with different rules, different mindsets, different quality bats, more even pitches as the whole franchise 6 entertainment Mantra and social media hype wasn't a thing.

It's why averaging something like even 35 in that era and the 90+ Sr of jaysuria was considered such a quality rating. Sachin's stats in hindsight were considered godly since in this era that avg would equate to a near 70 avg lol.

Babar will statistically leave as the greatest pakistani batsmen to have ever played but the reality is, if he played during inzi's and yousaf's era his avg would fall eight down to 28 to 30. He can't handle chinaman kuldeep 2 ball era PP rules,you think he'd or rizwan would be able to perform any of their nonsense during Shane Wayne's old era rule spell?
You say I have no idea how this works but you clearly have no clue how teams select players. None of the top 3 Test teams in the world, India, England, or Australia select their teams based on T20 performances and absolutely not T20 league performances.

Even the fans of Indian cricket on this forum will agree that it would be ridiculous to select Usman Khan for Test cricket based on performances in T20 leagues.
Yousuf was not good at ODI cricket and would not have been good at T20 cricket. He was a good Test player which is worth much more.

You love “X factor” and “impact” so please go ahead and list the match winning innings Yousuf played in ODI tournaments.

Yeah even Fakhar Zaman who is a legitimate match winner in international ODI failed in Test cricket. It’s a completely different skill set.
Even ODI's requires somewhat different skill set to t20s. Let alone tests.

Me stating he should replace rizwan in all formats is because I like UK? Ayt.

Clearly I'm not basing my decision of over the fact that rizwan is a loony toon on the field, and UK was just far superior to him in psl.
On what basis should he replace rizwan in tests? Based of Psl? Rizwan was our best batter in Australia. Are you serious?

Their different formats but you're automatically assuming UK will fail when he hasn't been tested.

So don't know why you're being desperate. One person got dropped, got humiliated by a has Been batsmen and had to make his return count which he did.

The other is yet to play in a test setting.
He can be tested by playing FC cricket, the same requirement that all teams have for Test selection.

Also Rizwan had a bad few matches and was dropped for Sarfraz in the subcontinent. Sarfraz is still decent in the subcontinent. Sarfraz on the other hand has never performed that well in SENA, while Rizwan has performed in all the SENA countries.

You say I have no idea how this works but you clearly have no clue how teams select players. None of the top 3 Test teams in the world, India, England, or Australia select their teams based on T20 performances and absolutely not T20 league performances.

Even the fans of Indian cricket on this forum will agree that it would be ridiculous to select Usman Khan for Test cricket based on performances in T20 leagues.

Yousuf was not good at ODI cricket and would not have been good at T20 cricket. He was a good Test player which is worth much more.

You love “X factor” and “impact” so please go ahead and list the match winning innings Yousuf played in ODI tournaments.
Babar would have been 200x worse if he played in that era.

What part of this do you not understand?

NZ selected rachin as an opener based of IPL, India gambled with rohit.

You're acting as if Abdullah has experience in ODi world cups to be selected despite having 7 games only.

Pakistan doesn't adhere to any selection standards lol, UK replacing Rizwan wouldn't be a crazy decision if We have a dude who's only played 7 List A games in his life spearheading an world cup line up and leading from the front.

He can be tested by playing FC cricket, the same requirement that all teams have for Test selection.

Also Rizwan had a bad few matches and was dropped for Sarfraz in the subcontinent. Sarfraz is still decent in the subcontinent. Sarfraz on the other hand has never performed that well in SENA, while Rizwan has performed in all the SENA countries.
Why are you bringing up sarfraz's stats when all I said was that a hasbeen like him forced rizwan to actually improve.

Rizwan was so bad that everyone was making statements at the time saying "This is what happens when you have t20 players like rizwan and play them in test cricket"

Rizwan had to practise and improve, why are you acting as if he didn't train and was always a yest great?

You're acting as if Abdullah has experience in ODi world cups to be selected despite having 7 games only.

Pakistan doesn't adhere to any selection standards lol, UK replacing Rizwan wouldn't be a crazy decision if We have a dude who's only played 7 List A games in his life spearheading an world cup line up and leading from the front.
India did not gamble with Rohit. He’s one of the best ODI openers of all time. He also had an extremely long List and FC career.

He also extremely dominant at home. He was just not that good against the moving ball and he’s still not that good.

Why are you bringing up sarfraz's stats when all I said was that a hasbeen like him forced rizwan to actually improve.

Rizwan was so bad that everyone was making statements at the time saying "This is what happens when you have t20 players like rizwan and play them in test cricket"

Rizwan had to practise and improve, why are you acting as if he didn't train and was always a yest great?
The only one saying these statements were Sarfraz fan boys on this forum. Cricket experts or analysts never said these things.

Rizwan was great in SENA immediately. His first series against Australia he averaged 44 in 2019 and then averaged 40 in England a year later.

Sarfraz was always good in the subcontinent and was dominating in domestic cricket and got the chance that he well deserved.

The only one saying these statements were Sarfraz fan boys on this forum. Cricket experts or analysts never said these things.

Rizwan was great in SENA immediately. His first series against Australia he averaged 44 in 2019 and then averaged 40 in England a year later.

You’re massively glorifying the past Pakistani batsmen and their skills in ODI.

Be realistic man, we got knocked out of the WC in 2007 by Ireland a match where Inzamam and Yousuf both failed.

On what basis should he replace rizwan in tests? Based of Psl? Rizwan was our best batter in Australia. Are you serious?
I can’t believe what I’m reading.

Even Usman Khan probably knows he was not gonna be a good Test batsmen. There’s a reason why he abandoned FC/List A and domestic cricket to move to the UAE and play T20 leagues for money.

India did not gamble with Rohit. He’s one of the best ODI openers of all time. He also had an extremely long List and FC career.

He also extremely dominant at home. He was just not that good against the moving ball and he’s still not that good.
Yes they did, he was a failed lower order bat, in danger of being removed, in CT 2013 they gave him a respite at opening and he delivered. He was a massive gamble that payed off as India saw his talent.

Also I'll just answer the yousaf post, sonce you're clearly not convinced.

Yousaf in champions trophy along with malik contributed to a run a ball 87 with malik hitting a 128 against an all star Indian team with only ishant sharma being the Lone trundler.

It was also from a collapse deposition as the openers and no 3 were dismissed very early

You're telling me babar in the one ball era is doing 2hat these 2 did? From a collapsed position and when dealing with bowlers like harbajan? You think he's taking the team to 302 I am era where 250 was par and difficult to get? If kuldeep played in the one ball era he'd basically be Shane Warne lol due to those banana spins you achieve with a ball that's over 30 to 35 overs old whereas now Adays a ball is barely 20 overs old usually.

You're telling me babar would score a 100 against India, like yousaf did? And take his team to victory.

Yousaf did it 2x against India, in an era that was generally difficult to play in. What has babar dome other then shake in his boots when faced with Indian pacers and spinners?

Be realistic man, we got knocked out of the WC in 2007 by Ireland a match where Inzamam and Yousuf both failed.
I'm not glorifying anything.

You have no clue how the old PP 1, 2 3 rules use to fucntion, nor do you have any clue about how difficult the one ball era was.

The reason icc changed it in the first place because the ball would get soft and old and batsmen would have trouble playing against reverse swing, or just clearing boundaries in general and spinners would be spinning it miles.

While it created a decent game, viewers were getting bored especially now with the rise of t20, the middle overs and death overs were so boring and tedious to watch that icc deliberately changed rules and pitches to make things batter friendly.

They wanted odi to be an extension of t20 to keep fans interested as a casual fan would just get bored of watching odi in the same way most casual amd kids get bored of watching test.

Also I'll just answer the yousaf post, sonce you're clearly not convinced.

Yousaf in champions trophy along with malik contributed to a run a ball 87 with malik hitting a 128 against an all star Indian team with only ishant sharma being the Lone trundler.
That Indian attack was not good at all, even Kohli bowled 3 overs that match.

Yousuf would not have done that against Bumrah, Siraj, Shami, Kuldeep, and Jadeja
Yousaf did it 2x against India, in an era that was generally difficult to play in. What has babar dome other then shake in his boots when faced with Indian pacers and spinners?
India has the best or second best attack in the world now. Back then their bowling was a laughing stock. You can’t compare these 2 things at all.

That is incorrect, I wasn't even in this forumn during that test series at that time, and ik those interviews exist and can 100% fetch them, bit tmr though, not rn as its late for me anyway and I'm in no mood to go Internet hunting atm

That is incorrect, I wasn't even in this forumn during that test series at that time, and ik those interviews exist and can 100% fetch them, bit tmr though, not rn as its late for me anyway and I'm in no mood to go Internet hunting atm
Interviews by who?

That Indian attack was not good at all, even Kohli bowled 3 overs that match.

Yousuf would not have done that against Bumrah, Siraj, Shami, Kuldeep, and Jadeja

India has the best or second best attack in the world now. Back then their bowling was a laughing stock. You can’t compare these 2 things at all.
Harbajan Singh, Nehara, Rp Singh were not bad bowlers, and Babar in said era wouldn't have come close to ever playing them, nehara would tear our current line up apart with the one ball rule in play.

Babar can't even play spin properly. I'm not saying that Indian attack was better, but babar isn't succeeding, you're deluded if you think that, Babar needs baby pitches to function, he can't even function against nedtherlands on relatively bouncy pitches. Explains why his 2022 endeavour was such a joke.

Dhoni doesn't have a century in SENA. According to your logic Yasir shah is better. The fact remains rizwan will get games in SENA to potentially get a century something which sarfraz could only dream of as he will be sitting at home and watching his master rizwan the greatest wk play for Pakistan.
Kindly read the original post, I was just replying to the logic used by OP

The so called greatest wicket keeper was dropped at the prime of his powers for Sarfraz who is not nearly the beast he used to be (although still great).

With our next few series in the subcontinent, Rizwan will almost certainly fail paving the way for Saifi's return for at least the next 1.5-2 years. In that time we will have found an adequate replacement and Rizwan can say bye bye to his career

Anyway I won't respond to anymore posts considering this is a thread about Usman Khan and not Legwan

The so called greatest wicket keeper was dropped at the prime of his powers for Sarfraz who is not nearly the beast he used to be (although still great).

With our next few series in the subcontinent, Rizwan will almost certainly fail paving the way for Saifi's return for at least the next 1.5-2 years. In that time we will have found an adequate replacement and Rizwan can say bye bye to his career

Anyway I won't respond to anymore posts considering this is a thread about Usman Khan and not Legwan
Sarfraz is probably still good in subcontinental conditions and he deserved his come back after performing massively in domestic cricket.

Mohammad Ali yes, the other 3 no, they don't even warrant a place in odi or t20.
But just like Usman Khan they were the highest performers in PSL, don’t they deserve a chance by your own logic?

After all Usama Mir was the best spinner in PSL this year.

But just like Usman Khan they were the highest performers in PSL, don’t they deserve a chance by your own logic?

After all Usama Mir was the best spinner in PSL this year.
Big difference, Usman Khan hasn't made an international debut, and the comparison was between those 2.

Shadab Khan failed during the important matches and so did Usama mir during the final, Imad waseem out did them

Stats argument is irrelevant , otherwise stats wise Babar was the best this psl which is simply not true.

Last edited by a moderator:

Srfaraz for hit on head in SC the least time he played. Rizwan is safe for years since he's comfortably our greatest wk. He gave sarfraz a chance he replaced him in 3 games even after having his best games in his career.

Big difference, Usman Khan hasn't made an international debut, and the comparison was between those 2.

Shadab Khan failed during the important matches and so did Usama mir during the final, Imad waseem out did them

Stats argument is irrelevant , otherwise stats wise Bobby was the best this psl which is simply not true.
Babar was not the best stats wise in this tournament. Usman Khan and Iftikhar both had far better stats.

Usman Khan has not made an international debut because he chose to move to the UAE and make money playing T20 cricket. Nothing wrong with that. He played 2 FC matches and didn’t perform and probably recognize he would not be able to make it as a Teat batsmen.

UAE does not give out nationalities, Golden visas give you the exact same privilege as an Emirati citizen but it doesn't classify you as a citizen.

In order to become an Emirati citizen you either had to be of Arab decent, be married and then live 8 years in the country to a man or women who holds an Emirati passport, be a child of an Emirati passport holder, or live and work in the country for 30 years straight.

Usman Khan getting a golden visa makes him eligible to play for UAE and compete in uae but also play for Pakistan as he's still a pakistani passport holder.

Now whatever corrupt looney toon logic pcb decides for him, that's the boards corruption at display, he hasn't broken any rules.
Got it. thanks for this information

Warning

Guys, this thread is for Usman Khan, not for Sarfaraz Ahmed and Mohammad Rizwan.

Usman Khan can still play for UAE. Even if Usman Khan is named in the squad for pakistan he will still be eligible to play for UAE.

Only once when Usman Khan takes the field and is on the playing 11 of the score card, only than he will become ineligible for UAE.

However, he is not needed. Pakistan's issue is not upper order, its the middle and lower order

If he gets a uae passport then he can't play. As pcb has a rule against dual citizenship play I believe, you can't just swip swop teams in international like a fly.
Nono.

There is no such rule. Dual citizenship is an issue in India not pakistan.

Even if you dont get nationality, every country gives out a residency card which shows you are a resident.

The rule by icc is that you need to play i think 3 years in one country or live there for atleast 3 years (and not play for any other country at national level during that time) to be eligible to represent that country.

Once usman khan makes his debut for pakistan his 3 years for uae would than be reset.

Now i am notsure if its 3 years or 5 years

Nono.

There is no such rule. Dual citizenship is an issue in India not pakistan.

Even if you dont get nationality, every country gives out a residency card which shows you are a resident.

The rule by icc is that you need to play i think 3 years in one country or live there for atleast 3 years (and not play for any other country at national level during that time) to be eligible to represent that country.

Once usman khan makes his debut for pakistan his 3 years for uae would than be reset.

Now i am notsure if its 3 years or 5 years
Oh so the rule is 3 years for eligibility?

Thanks for the info 👍🏻👍🏻.

Oh so the rule is 3 years for eligibility?

Thanks for the info 👍🏻👍🏻.
Its either 3 or 5 or 7. Not sure which one is it. Could be 5 maybe because Amir last played in 2019 i think

ICC has changed this rule a few times than there was that Kolpak in UK.

Anyways, this is why Amir was reluctant and i still dont believe he will play for pakistan. He is almos eligible to play for IPL and feature for the drafts at the end of this year

He’s almost touching 30, his spot in the team isn’t even guaranteed so it may even take him a year or so just to break into the XI (I think he should come in immediately), he’ll play 5 years max for Pakistan before losing form and being discarded.

He’s thrown away a life in Dubai where he could’ve been driving a fully chromed out lambo, just for 5-6 years of international cricket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its either 3 or 5 or 7. Not sure which one is it. Could be 5 maybe because Amir last played in 2019 i think

ICC has changed this rule a few times than there was that Kolpak in UK.

Anyways, this is why Amir was reluctant and i still dont believe he will play for pakistan. He is almos eligible to play for IPL and feature for the drafts at the end of this year
If I were Amir, I'd take the ipl route tbf.

Usman Khan can still play for UAE. Even if Usman Khan is named in the squad for pakistan he will still be eligible to play for UAE.

Only once when Usman Khan takes the field and is on the playing 11 of the score card, only than he will become ineligible for UAE.

However, he is not needed. Pakistan's issue is not upper order, its the middle and lower order

He played at number 3 for Multan. Who would you pick in his place for Pakistan in the World Cup?

He’s almost touching 30, his spot in the team isn’t even guaranteed so it may even take him a year or so just to break into the XI (I think he should come in immediately), he’ll play 5 years max for Pakistan before losing form and being discarded.

He’s thrown away a life in Dubai where he could’ve been driving a fully chromed out lambo, just for 5-6 years of international cricket.
Didn’t Asif Ali give up a posh life in the UAE to come play for Pakistan? Hes probably regretting it as well but he was a complete hack so I can’t feel sorry for him. Usman has a lot to think about, wish him the best whatever he decides.

So he is now available for selection after all the tough talk about how he was mistreated and neglected and has decided that he won’t play for Pakistan?

Bohat jaldi hawa nikal gai hai.
He said that he'll go wherever destiny takes him, be it to play for Pakistan or for UAE, he never said anything about mistreatment or neglecting.

Imad and Amir made those statements, Usman Khan didn't say anything about it. He always desired to play for UAE, but after PSL he's now contemplating his decision, but he didn't mention any mistreatment.

He said that he'll go wherever destiny takes him, be it to play for Pakistan or for UAE, he never said anything about mistreatment or neglecting.

Imad and Amir made those statements, Usman Khan didn't say anything about it. He always desired to play for UAE, but after PSL he's now contemplating his decision, but he didn't mention any mistreatment.
His every interview he's talks about mistreatment.

Ravindra played International cricket before he played for his place ipl team ?

So he is now available for selection after all the tough talk about how he was mistreated and neglected and has decided that he won’t play for Pakistan?

Bohat jaldi hawa nikal gai hai.
I dont think he ever complained about the mistreatment in Pakistan, he never represented UAE yet so its his right to select the best option for himself and for now playing for Pakistan must be his biggest achievenemt.

Back