Varun Aaron - New Indian Genuine pacer

rkt.india

Debutant
Runs
He is Varun Aaron, age 21. He bowled up to 148 ks day before yesterday in VIjay Hazaare trophy.

GIve your opinion on him.

[utube]ckkW05uX8hs[/utube]

Last edited by a moderator:
He looks quick ..... but i think his runup needs sorting out and i think india should make sure they let him bowl how he bowls and don't ask him to lower his speed

btw fast bowlers are judged after they get injured & when they make a come back , what's they have left in them .. says all about fast bowling .... like irfan pathan has his days after he got injured lost that patch of glory

Indian version of patrick petterson, if you watch the start of his run up and how he delivers, only some feet short in height and seems pacy.

You can see he has pace with how the batsman played some of the deliveries...

He can be more consistently quick if he uses the jump and the trailing leg more effectively...... just basic things.

But we have seen this all before... Indian pacers starting around 140 and then steadily dropping towards the late 120s kph. To bowl quick consistently is about fitness and desire, and it seems the Indian pacers do not seem to have the stomach for it.

It's about time India produced a couple of 150+ km/h bowlers. When so many plays this game in India, surely there must be some real fast bowlers.

Is it the same parchi/sifarish system in India as it is in Pakistan?

He looks sharpish but also looks about 5feet 3inches tall!!

Next!

domestic cricket in india will finish him off unless he has some protection from the board, id be surprised if hes bowling that quick after a season or two. its the same problem with most of indias quicks, they start quick, get over bowled, get slower and never recover their initial pace.

gets nice and close to the stumps which is always good tho.

As my dad would say "Indians gosht nahi khaatey, issi liye inki bowling slow hai"....i never seem to understand what he means by that. lol

too early to judge but looks good reminds me a bit of sohail khan .... although seems a bit inconsistent with his pace sum deliveries r 134 sum close to 145 but than again cud b those dodgy indian speed guns :sohail

As my dad would say "Indians gosht nahi khaatey, issi liye inki bowling slow hai"....i never seem to understand what he means by that. lol

hes trying to say their weak because they dont eat meat so hence they dont bowl fast

So once again there has been a sighting of the Loch Ness Monster which will give Indians hope that it does exist, but alas it is nothing but an illusion.

oh and that reminds me where is atul " i can flip tyres " sharma ???

1 - The run up and follow through just don't look right, this guy's going to end up with a really bad shoulder or back injury very soon if he continues bowling that way, the kind of injury that takes at least 15 clicks off your average pace.
2 - The action just isn't right for someone who's 5'8(5'9 at best). You don't bowl front on unless you're 6' or more but he can't switch to side on because that takes a lot of strength.
3 - His wrist action at the point of delivery means he's very susceptible to spraying the ball around.
4 - Ban that commentator. Hell, ban anyone with an Indian accent from commentating, its just too annoying. Couldn't help but chuckle a little bit when the commentator said "141". The awe in his voice along with that accent was just the right combination of funny and irritating.

He looks quick and important thing that I noticed is his wrist position while delivering the ball is really good and very similar to steyn. If he could bowl half as good as steyn, I think India have got a nice fast bowler which they have been looking far.

He already had a stress fracture in back last year a n due to that he could not play in IPL for KKR..this year he will play for Delhi Daredevils along with another young 140-145 K bowler Umesh Yadav...DD will have good genuine pace attack with Morne Morkel, Umesh Yadav, Varun Aaron, and Ashok Dinda..all capable of bowling in 140s

BDW thats an average speed of Pakistan U/19 bowlers... so...

Last edited:
Have heard good things about this lad from Wasim Akram (Varun plays for KKR in IPL).

But the problem is the bowling coaches in India are soon going to make him a 80 mph bowler asking him to focus on line and length and not think about pace!

Send him to Pakistani even Lankan NCA please and let him learn the skills from the coaches there.

Have heard good things about this lad from Wasim Akram (Varun plays for KKR in IPL).

But the problem is the bowling coaches in India are soon going to make him a 80 mph bowler asking him to focus on line and length and not think about pace!

Send him to Pakistani even Lankan NCA please and let him learn the skills from the coaches there.

where is dennis lililee MRF acedmy?

where is dennis lililee MRF acedmy?

Dying a slow death courtsey BCCI. BCCI doesn't allow the contracted bowlers to go to MRF anymore, they are asked to report to the NCA at Bangalore and work with the coaches there (and all our bowling coaches at NCA are rubbish IMO).

Dying a slow death courtsey BCCI. BCCI doesn't allow the contracted bowlers to go to MRF anymore, they are asked to report to the NCA at Bangalore and work with the coaches there (and all our bowling coaches at NCA are rubbish IMO).

thats pitty than.... because i am sure there were loads of good bowler coming out from there and even thoes who had issues..

even Mohammad Asif went there when he was dropped after Australia tour in 2004/5

thats pitty than.... because i am sure there were loads of good bowler coming out from there and even thoes who had issues..

even Mohammad Asif went there when he was dropped after Australia tour in 2004/5

You are right. Srinath, Prasad, Agarkar, Nehra, Irfan pathan, Zaheer, Balaji, RP Singh, Sreesanth, Munaf etc have all been trained at MRF early in their career. Post 2007-08 though (when Sharad Pawar took over BCCI), MRF has been sidelined and it isn't a surprise that we have been struggling in getting even half decent bowlers since then.

But then its not surprising, the thugs at BCCI have always been good at ruining something that was working well.

Looks promising... But I have to admit, anyone who bowls over 140 looks a mouth watering prospect to Indian fans like me... :(

But in the international arena, if you bowl 143 and 145 without control over line and length, you'll get slaughtered... Hopefully, VA can develop into a good bowler for the Men in Blue...

You are right. Srinath, Prasad, Agarkar, Nehra, Irfan pathan, Zaheer, Balaji, RP Singh, Sreesanth, Munaf etc have all been trained at MRF early in their career. Post 2007-08 though (when Sharad Pawar took over BCCI), MRF has been sidelined and it isn't a surprise that we have been struggling in getting even half decent bowlers since then.

But then its not surprising, the thugs at BCCI have always been good at ruining something that was working well.

they are just like 'milking the cow without feeding it' so what can we expect

looks a decent prospect, has above average pace, but the graph is a bit all over the place.

good luck to him!

New genuine pacer??? Lol. Who was the old one? Irfan pathan or teeli?

Well he is nippy but he's not a genuine fast bowler ...

Most of his speeds were around 138-142 with odd ball around 147 that is not genuine fast ... so thread title needs to be changed he is nippy but not genuine fast genuine fast is someone clocking consistently 145k+

I thought India got only one weakness that is not having 1 or 2 wicket taking fast bowlers like Lee or Tait for Aussies. If they somehow find couple of good fast bowlers, I think they could sustain their no 1 ranking in test for long long time. They pretty much got every other base covered. With the way money is pouring into their system/setup, it could happen any time in the next few years or so. Not good for other teams I am afraid.

The guy seems to be fat at wrong places. He seems to have genuine pace. But a lot needs to be done to sort out his run up!!

Kudos to Jharkhand. I always thought the real genuine pacers from India would come from one of those Tribal boys. They are naturally built stronger than the city boys who are fed on junk food.

Dhoni needs to keep an eye on this fellow Jharkhand boy!!

They will probably ask him to change his action and he will be a regular Indian slow-bowler. The ideal coaching for fast bowlers can be learned from Pakistan - provide minimal coaching and let fast bowlers bowl naturally. One day we will learn this, but I'm not optimistic.

he bowled 153.4 kph today. becomes the fastest indian bowler :D

hoping to see him in the indian odi team after the wc

is this guy a christian (Aaron)?

his runup head position looks awkward

He is a tribal by heritage.1st tribal to play cricket player i have seen.There have been many good tribal hockey players in India,they are natural athletes so i guess he will be good.

Anyone please u/l the 153k video.

he has big shoulders so i think pace comes naturally to him, looks like a genuine pacer

all countries have genuine pacer's apart from india, bangladesh and sri lanka malinga dont count cos he's a slinger, i doubt he would bowl at this speed if he had a different different action

ishant sharma also clocked 153k look at him now bowling 130k

He is a tribal by heritage.1st tribal to play cricket player i have seen.There have been many good tribal hockey players in India,they are natural athletes so i guess he will be good.

Anyone please u/l the 153k video.

you havant seen out tribal bowlers :gul:afridi

Right now Neo Sports is showing highlights of this match. And yes he actually bowls a 153.5 kmph ball.
Good to see an Indian fast bowler at least trying to ball fast, though he definitely needs to work on his line. A good prospect for India indeed but his open chest action may not work in the long run.

Last edited:
I will be happy if he bowls 145 k consistently and 150k occasionally.Well he bowled this on dead Indian pitches should crank ot up in SA AUS or ENG if given a chance by the BCCI.

PS:please keep him away from Venkatesh Prasad.

Right now Neo Sports is showing highlights of this match. And yes he actually bowls a 153.5 kmph ball.
Good to see an Indian fast bowler at least trying to ball fast, though he definitely needs to work on his line. A good prospect for India indeed but his open chest action may not work in the long run.

Doesn't matter if it works in the long run, once a genuine quick is produced and gets results, others will be encouraged to bowl fast. India has a high enough population that there should always be 5-6 genuine pacers who are rotated to reduce workload. The problem is primarily cultural, there is a squashing of fast bowlers in favor of line and length medium pacers, once the trend is reversed, then quicks will be produced.

x100

I will be happy if he bowls 145 k consistently and 150k occasionally.Well he bowled this on dead Indian pitches should crank ot up in SA AUS or ENG if given a chance by the BCCI.

to my utter surprise he actually is bowling 140+ consistently :inti

to my utter surprise he actually is bowling 140+ consistently :inti

The thing that people need to understand is that Indians do have the physical strength to bowl fast, after all, we do produce world-class weightlifters regularly despite extremely poor facilities. It is not a lack of physical capability, it is a cultural problem where fast bowling is discouraged in favor of medium pace line/length bowling.

Ravi+Kumar+Katulu+19th+Commonwealth+Games+B5cie6L-x1Tl.jpg

Doesn't matter if it works in the long run, once a genuine quick is produced and gets results, others will be encouraged to bowl fast. India has a high enough population that there should always be 5-6 genuine pacers who are rotated to reduce workload. The problem is primarily cultural, there is a squashing of fast bowlers in favor of line and length medium pacers, once the trend is reversed, then quicks will be produced.

don't know man but I don't think its a cultural thing. I believe its more because they lack the physical ability to bowl fast.
don't mean to offend anyone.

lol...i read the above post after i had made this post :)

don't know man but I don't think its a cultural thing. I believe its more because they lack the physical ability to bowl fast.
don't mean to offend anyone.

lol...i read the above post after i had made this post :)

I'm not offended at all, I just disagree. If it is a question of strength and speed, we wouldn't be able to produce weightlifters either, which requires considerably more strength and speed than fast bowling.

He is so slow that despite running hard for the first few seconds in the clip he hardly moves from the spot (jk)

No matter how much the Indian fans defend their medium pacers as good enough to get the job done, they crave for a real fast bowler, even if he doesn't take wickets and just clocks 150 kmph.

No matter how much the Indian fans defend their medium pacers as good enough to get the job done, they crave for a real fast bowler, even if he doesn't take wickets and just clocks 150 kmph.

I never defend our medium pacers, I am very outspoken about the need for a genuine pacer.

looks like a genuine pacer ... not many in the whole world can bowl 153kph these days ... good prospect for india

LOL @ the excitement over 141ks. Anyway, this guy looks seriously average, like all Indian bowlers in fact.

weightlifters are made fast bowlers are born :akhtar

+1

fast bowling cant be taught it is just about passion and talent ..

looks like india has produced their first genuine pace bowler after such a long time

LOL @ the excitement over 141ks. Anyway, this guy looks seriously average, like all Indian bowlers in fact.

look at the video he has bowled 153k as well so may be he is india's first genuine pacer

Back