[VIDEO] Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari struggles to defend dynastic politics during CNN interview

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
And this person will represent us against the world?

==

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">"I didn't choose this life, It chose me"<a href="https://twitter.com/BBhuttoZardari?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@BBhuttoZardari</a> comments on the dynasty family politics that exist in Pakistan. <a href="https://t.co/dtmeNB54XI">pic.twitter.com/dtmeNB54XI</a></p>— Becky Anderson (@BeckyCNN) <a href="https://twitter.com/BeckyCNN/status/1514279960239878160?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 13, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) Chairperson Bilawal Bhutto Zardari struggled to defend the practice of dynastic politics in Pakistan during an exclusive interview with CNN’s journalist Becky Anderson.

During the live interview, the PPP chairman was asked whether the criticism regarding political dynasties in Pakistan is valid, to which Bilawal replied that such dynasties exist elsewhere, comparing the situation to Hillary Clinton’s political aspirations after her husband, Bill Clinton, had served as the 42nd President of the United States.

Interrupting him, Anderson stated, “no, that is not a good answer, it was a really important question”.

Bilawal then struggled to reply to the question, vehemently stating one can criticize nepotism but ultimately “who the people decide they want, that is what matters”.

The PPP leader then proceeded to divert the question back to Imran Khan’s party and countered that the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf (PTI) is rife with dynastic politics. “In his [Imran Khan] federal and provincial representatives, he relies heavily on Pakistan’s dynastic families.”

Bilawal then stated that he was forced into Pakistani politics, “I didn’t choose this life, it chose me.”

He recounted that his grandfather, Zulfikar Ali Bhutto, was hanged by a military dictator and his mother, Benazir Bhutto, was assassinated by terrorists.

As the interview drew to an end, the PPP leader stated, “for whatever reason people end up doing politics, we believe in democracy”.

Earlier during the interview, Bilawal was asked whether he could confirm the speculation surrounding his post as foreign minister, to which he declined to answer.

The PPP leader admitted it was “difficult” for his party, the second-largest within the coalition government, to accept him as working with their main political rival, the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N).

“However, whatever the party decides will be in the better interest of the country.”

Moreover, the PPP leader insisted that it was imperative for the political alliance to work together for the restoration of democracy.

On April 12, it was reported that the PPP appears to be reluctant to join the federal cabinet due to division in its ranks as most of its leaders are seeking support for electoral reforms without taking ministries while others are of the view that the coalition government won’t last for even two months if they opt to keep to the sidelines.

In this regard, sources said PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari and Co-chairman Asif Ali Zardari have started consultations on the matter in the light of different and contradictory views.

The sources said most of the PPP leaders are seeking the new federal government’s support for electoral reforms without taking charge of ministries.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/235254...defend-dynastic-politics-during-cnn-interview

Did he almost start crying and say my mother was murdered by my dad? I thought he almost almost said it before changing it to something else at the last second. LOL

These sort of answers might work in Pakistan but i think in the west people can see through him quite easily.

Did he almost start crying and say my mother was murdered by my dad? I thought he almost almost said it before changing it to something else at the last second. LOL

These sort of answers might work in Pakistan but i think in the west people can see through him quite easily.

I think even Pakistanis can see through him, very embarrassing for Pakistan to have such a person as a representative; made a few faux pas in this interview, basically falsely admitted to an American channel that Pakistanis are anti-American.

He said one right thing, its ultimately the people who decide

Rahul Gandhi and His mother were given the reins of the country for 10 years by the people. Today their party is struggling, because the people don't vote them.

This is what happens when you get so accustomed to being interviewed by lifafa selected journalists, you are unprepared when you face some real international journalists.

At the end of the day, its us locals who will decide..

Bilawal said many things in the interview which has clearly irked the cult group....

It is true, he has been dragged into politics. Any poster who have an issue with this statement, tell me, if your mother was a politician and was shot dead so that she should be eliminated from politics what would you do?

Bilawal has done nothing wrong. Its a democracy anyone can join and at the end people will elect you.

The BB brothers did not join democracy and wanted to take their revenge through terrorism.

So what would you prefer?

At the end of the day, its us locals who will decide..

Bilawal said many things in the interview which has clearly irked the cult group....

It is true, he has been dragged into politics. Any poster who have an issue with this statement, tell me, if your mother was a politician and was shot dead so that she should be eliminated from politics what would you do?

Bilawal has done nothing wrong. Its a democracy anyone can join and at the end people will elect you.

The BB brothers did not join democracy and wanted to take their revenge through terrorism.

So what would you prefer?

Can you enlighten us to which rigging he was talking about. Any cases in the ECP or SC or was he plain lying? As far as Billo joining politics as part of a dynasty is concerned, I am glad that its him as a camp import who speaks funny than somebody far more dangerous. He is seen as a joke and that's not going to change.

He actually believes that speaking English is enough to get him respect.

Imran Khan's stature vs this mental midgets English accent.

His English is worse than his Urdu.

Bilawal believes the people will decide but doesnt want a general election as he feels the votting system needs reforms to stop rigging. CNN presenter should have pushed him into asking how long this will take and will his party refuse to take part in elections in Aug 2023 if they fail to address this issue.

This is what happens when you get so accustomed to being interviewed by lifafa selected journalists, you are unprepared when you face some real international journalists.

He should take a leaf out of Modi's book and only give interviews to paid channels - termed "Godi Media" in India.

His grandfather hanged for murder, his mother murdered after exile, his father tortured - what a political dynasty and embarrassment.

PPP is Pakistan’s Plague Party.

Bilawal will be a part of our politics and can take any ministiry he wants if elected mna.

The whiners can whine all they want...

He did struggle, but so does every politician when they are asked a tough question.

He certainly handled this better than Imran handling questions about the Uyghur Muslims from western reporters.

Bilawal will be the foreign minister to get some practice for some important job in future, as he never had a job until now.

What an embarassment he is

Basically told as much by the anchor as well If he had any shame he wouldnt show his face again on an intl platform ever again

He did struggle, but so does every politician when they are asked a tough question.

He certainly handled this better than Imran handling questions about the Uyghur Muslims from western reporters.

What is your leaders view on Uyghurs ? Are Bilo & Blossom planning on boycotting China ? Please show proof

Struggling to answer the question. Pakistan's next FM..sad state of affairs.

And when did Imran Khan ever say his kids will be involved in politics? Lying through his teeth. Sharam kero!

He went on the show to show his masters Angrezi speaking skills but not only those came across poorly, he looked lost in a friendly interview. Just imagine what would happen with an aggressive interviewer. The poor quality of imports will destroy PK

Struggling to answer the question. Pakistan's next FM..sad state of affairs.

And when did Imran Khan ever say his kids will be involved in politics? Lying through his teeth. Sharam kero!

Imran said the opposite.

The imported government & its supporters lie so much they believe their lies are true .

Btw there’s something creepy about this weirdo .

O mine, and these guys will represent Pakistan? What absolute embarrassment. Trying so hard to fake an accent tells you about his midget mindset. And funny how easily he dodge the question with nonsense instead of answering to obvious flawed dynasty political system in Pakistan. These stooges are a joke in front of Imran Khan, that guy spoke sense and compare him with these stooges will sure be a huge embarrassment for Pakistan. Really makes me wonder a out mental capabilities or in capabilities of people who support such jokes, glad that portion is vanishing.

With one friendly interview the Billo train gets derailed. Maybe he can get Hamid Mir and Saleem Lifafi to take over CNN because he came over as an absolute tool. Before the interview I thought he may come across as sharp( to the international audience)but after this pathetic effort, I just hope this clown does a few more. The only good thing was that he didn't try to seduce the interviewer like his a dad. I bet CNN will think twice about sending Anderson Cooper to meet this thing.

In the OP video, what is the second flag to the right and what's the significance of having it so prominently displayed?

He sounds like he’s campaigning for the Pakistan Pride March

Sometimes western reporters all of a sudden ask a tough question. I remember something similar happened with Ishaq Dar when he was suddenly asked about his properties by Stephen sackur of bbc, he clearly looked nervous.

As they say in Urdu, Sohnay pay sohaga....

Watch this shameless justification of dynastic politics - not sure if I should laugh or weep.

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.075%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/dvsgyx" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

As they say in Urdu, Sohnay pay sohaga....

Watch this shameless justification of dynastic politics - not sure if I should laugh or weep.

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.075%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/dvsgyx" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

She didn’t justify anything, she simply accepted that dynastic politics is a reality in Pakistan and it is not going to change.

It was a refreshing and honest answer which you usually don’t get from politicians. The host and the audience were clearly taken aback by her confidence and composure. She wasn’t flustered at all.

If only Imran would have handled those questions about Uyghur Muslims with such confidence.

She didn’t justify anything, she simply accepted that dynastic politics is a reality in Pakistan and it is not going to change.

It was a refreshing and honest answer which you usually don’t get from politicians. The host and the audience were clearly taken aback by her confidence and composure. She wasn’t flustered at all.

If only Imran would have handled those questions about Uyghur Muslims with such confidence.

She made her self and Pakistan look like and idiot and made her the laughing stock that she and her Govt is.

Shameless woman who tried to defend the fact that she is sitting at the stage because of a privileged background.

She made her self and Pakistan look like and idiot and made her the laughing stock that she and her Govt is.

Shameless woman who tried to defend the fact that she is sitting at the stage because of a privileged background.

But is that her fault that she is from a privileged background? She acknowledged and accepted that it got her into politics.

Happens not only in Pakistan but most of the Muslim countries as well. Not sure what she said that made Pakistan look like a laughing stock.

I’m not laughing at her, maybe you should speak for yourself. Her confidence and honesty was impressive.

Imran Khan wouldn’t be where he is today without his privileged background either. That is the reality of Pakistan politics - you cannot reach the top without a privileged background.

Right or wrong, it is what it is.

She handled the question quite well and despite her privilege is one of the most competent politicians in Pakistan.

The biggest veto to dynastic politics is through the ballot box. As HRK rightly said, the main asset of the PPP is the Bhutto name.

Its up to the people of Pakistan to reject it.

Wow in this day and age we have people in here defending dynastic politics. If we are to continue with dynastic politics then lets go our of 'democracy' tag and replace it with 'kingdom'. We should have a throne for dynasties and we should bow when greeting our angelic leader, right?

Its a shame that we have voice for dynastic politics which is frankly indefensible in a democratic society. Let me give my own example, what ever I have struggled my life with studies then work and Alhamdulillah like most here I'm a self-made man. Now why on earth would I cast my vote for an undergrad student who happen to become the chairman of a party simply because his last name was Bhutto? The fact is once you have achieved something in your own life you truly value it and hence when it comes to selecting your leaders you look for equally qualifiable individuals not someone born with a silver spoon.

I remember this he was sweating his @ss off.

Lets not forget "Germany and Japan once shared a border". IK will remain undefeated when it comes to saying dumb s**t.

The shaheed...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BM41UsQ9CsQ" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This was much better than Al Jazeera interview where IK was asked about plight of uighyur Muslim and why he doesn't voice for them while he talks so much about Kashmir....

That was embarrassing to see and if I were a PTI supporter, I would have been ashamed.... Oh wait.... PTI supporters are supposed to be hypocrite.

Never mind.

This was much better than Al Jazeera interview where IK was asked about plight of uighyur Muslim and why he doesn't voice for them while he talks so much about Kashmir....

That was embarrassing to see and if I were a PTI supporter, I would have been ashamed.... Oh wait.... PTI supporters are supposed to be hypocrite.

Never mind.

There's a thread about Kashmir, please take your comments there

Back