[VIDEO] Conflict of Interest when the Chief Selector and certain players share the same business manager?

The non-controversial way to resolve all of this would have been to introduce conflict of interest policies like the BCCI did - which affected Ganguly etc. That too, after the World Cup once the team was back home. There was no need to kill team morale and comradery in the midst of the biggest cricket tournament, where they were already dealing with isolation and hostile crowds.

But who wasnt picked that everyone was shocked with their omission.
It’s true that we don’t have Ben Stokes and Shane warne on the bench.
But, the lack of rotation and preparation means we haven’t maximized the minimal talent we do have like
-Abdullah and Saud being thrown in the fire last minute,
-persisting with Nawaz and Shadab and not trying out Usama/Abrar to assess their potential
- Bringing Hassan Ali (a signatory of this agency) out of nowhere but nor trying Arshad Iqbal.
-Ishanullah warmed the benches
-Tayyab Tahir sent home without any games.
-As an example, Imad Wasim refused to sign with this marketing agency. Imad offers 2x with the bat than Nawaz.

Inzi is a chief selector.
He is also a business partner with Rizwan and another man Talha on a marketing agency firm named Yazoo. The marketing agency has signed 9 of Pakistans main players including Nawaz, Hassan Ali, and Shadab.
This means, Inzi, Babar have financial stake in the success of nawaz, shadab, and Hassan Ali. They make money if these players do well.
So rizwan really was pulling all the strings. I was right. Rizzu is the Puppet master

Inzi is a chief selector.
He is also a business partner with Rizwan and another man Talha on a marketing agency firm named Yazoo. The marketing agency has signed 9 of Pakistans main players including Nawaz, Hassan Ali, and Shadab.
This means, Inzi, Babar have financial stake in the success of nawaz, shadab, and Hassan Ali. They make money if these players do well.

What is this vehicle company?

PCB is doing what?

But, the lack of rotation and preparation means we haven’t maximized the minimal talent we do have like
-persisting with Nawaz and Shadab and not trying out Usama/Abrar to assess their potential
- Bringing Hassan Ali (a signatory of this agency) out of nowhere but nor trying Arshad Iqbal.
-As an example, Imad Wasim refused to sign with this marketing agency. Imad offers 2x with the bat than Nawaz.

Some of this is true. But it can be just as easily be attributed to poor management and captaincy decisions. It could just as easily be that Babar isn’t a Dhoni-sighted captain and should stick to batting. This whole wider conspiracy plays more on our feelings because the team is losing. If we were winning with the same players, close games like the SA one, we wouldn’t be as open to believing this stuff.

Rotation is done when teams are confident and players feel secure. Our players, captains and coaches are all insecure because have fans that treat the most pointless matches as World Cup finals. Don't think I am saying this today, read my posts from the past.
We have the worst spinners in the tournament, everyone called for Usama, but I know from Sunday Parks league and he is just as useless as Shadab. People called for Shakil and he was picked but he hasn't been any better than Agha, who was also very average. The point I am trying to make is that fans have no idea how far we have fallen. As I have said for the last 3 years we are overly reliant on Babar and Riz, Babar has had a nightmare and we aren't winning.
I am not buying any rubbish about some great talent left behind. I agree the conflict interest is important to know

PCB claims they got to know yesterday. Zaka Ashraf on TV said today they has asked Inzi for formal explanation. He may get fired.
This is taking a dark turn
The timing of PCB “getting to know” is the biggest joke. The players’ agents and reps, along with everyone else’s affiliations are open truths in PCB corridors. Yes, some of those connections are not ideal and we should introduce conflict of interest policies. But not knowing? Lol. Heads had to roll after these performances. Could’ve waited a couple more games. And should’ve done it for the legitimate reasons they are needed for.

Rotation is done when teams are confident and players feel secure. Our players, captains and coaches are all insecure because have fans that treat the most pointless matches as World Cup finals. Don't think I am saying this today, read my posts from the past.
We have the worst spinners in the tournament, everyone called for Usama, but I know from Sunday Parks league and he is just as useless as Shadab. People called for Shakil and he was picked but he hasn't been any better than Agha, who was also very average. The point I am trying to make is that fans have no idea how far we have fallen. As I have said for the last 3 years we are overly reliant on Babar and Riz, Babar has had a nightmare and we aren't winning.
I am not buying any rubbish about some great talent left behind. I agree the conflict interest is important to know
Yes, I do agree that it’s likely insecurity and short-term thinking preventing the rotation policy from being activated.
Personally, I didn’t vouch for Usama either, but I was curious to see how Abrar goes. He has tasted at least some success internationally and deserved a few chances prior to the World Cup.
I was surprised to see Ihsnaullah not getting any games vs NZ.
I was also surprised to see Hassan Ali getting selected ahead of Arshad Iqbal.

PCB claims they got to know yesterday. Zaka Ashraf on TV said today they has asked Inzi for formal explanation. He may get fired.

On this board every one knew long before. If PCB came to knew only yesterday then pity on them.

What is zaka Ashrafs official version?

Yesterday.

That is not correct.

Getting very messy this. I have heard the following:

Players were allegedly told they would not be picked if they didn't sign up to the management company
Players were allegedly told they would lose bat sponsorship etc deals if they didn't sign up to the management company

Players were allegedly told they would not be picked if they didn't sign up to the management company
Players were allegedly told they would lose bat sponsorship etc deals if they didn't sign up to the management company
If players are involved in the blackmail, then life bans should follow. If they aren't but the management company, it needs to be banned from PK cricket

On this board every one knew long before. If PCB came to knew only yesterday then pity on them.

What is zaka Ashrafs official version?
Its listed on pcbs website the agents.

Plus alot of false information travelling, shadabs agency is different

So the regime change has finally affected our cricket. Everything is going downhill. Our cricket structure is now becoming garbage as well

@Major

What do you have to say about this now? You are the first to malign Amir, Sharjeel etc.

We knew something wasn’t right about this clique in the team lead by Captain Milestone.

Also, it explains those long contracts given to the likes of Babar, Rizwan and Shaheen.

It makes you wonder also how much of a role did this play in the exclusion of Imad.

Rizwan being one of directors of this company is for me the biggest revelation. We know something wasn’t right about him.

You knew something didn’t smell right and you knew the truth would come out one day. Perhaps now it has.

Thank you for elaborating it, damn God who can we trust, personal business being done at the stake of national team, Inzi seems a religious person but shameful to say he is morally corrupt

He’s one of those guys who comes across a harmless bear but in the inside he’s very sly, cunning individual.

Rizwan has also gone down the same path as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

this is where the money comes in the company pays inzi's agency to put their sticker on a players bat and inzi's company pays the player after taking their 30% cut

so if player doesn't sign up with inzi's agency that player isn't any benefit to inzi so why would he want to select him in the squad

We knew something wasn’t right about this clique in the team lead by Captain Milestone.

Also, it explains those long contracts given to the likes of Babar, Rizwan and Shaheen.

It makes you wonder also how much of a role did this play in the exclusion of Imad.

Rizwan being one of directors of this company is for me the biggest revelation. We know something wasn’t right about him.

You knew something didn’t smell right and you knew the truth would come out one day. Perhaps now it has.
it all makes sense now why he keeps seeking attention on the field all the time

A criminal investigation must take place into this and all parties involved. If it is proven that Babar, Rizwan and Inzi were picking players in the national side based on commissions and signing up with the company involved, then straight forward life bans and jail sentences.

Yes, I do agree that it’s likely insecurity and short-term thinking preventing the rotation policy from being activated.
Personally, I didn’t vouch for Usama either, but I was curious to see how Abrar goes. He has tasted at least some success internationally and deserved a few chances prior to the World Cup.
I was surprised to see Ihsnaullah not getting any games vs NZ.
I was also surprised to see Hassan Ali getting selected ahead of Arshad Iqbal.
Abrar is an interesting case. No one knows if he has it at this level in ODi cricket. I am surprised that Babar is so stubborn because we know that both Shadab and Nawaz are awful, Abrar may have a done a job

I recon Babar, Rizwan and Inzimam’s phones, laptops and bank accounts should be ceased by the law enforcement authorities to investigate this properly

I recon Babar, Rizwan and Inzimam’s phones, laptops and bank accounts should be ceased by the law enforcement authorities to investigate this properly
Babar and Inzamam hold the positions and are accountable for responding to any questions that may arise but how come
Rizwan become involved in the situation?

Abrar is an interesting case. No one knows if he has it at this level in ODi cricket. I am surprised that Babar is so stubborn because we know that both Shadab and Nawaz are awful, Abrar may have a done a job
Nobody knows. He should have been tried. If he can get wickets in test cricket, then how bad can he be in ODIs

Babar and Inzamam hold the positions and are accountable for responding to any questions that may arise but how come
Rizwan become involved in the situation?
Because Rizwan’s name is linked in that off shore company Yazoo ltd.

Just cease his phones, laptops and bank accounts. If he is innocent I’m sure he will be cleared

Before that Zaka’s Najam’s should as well and their lords!

Would this still be a case and an issue if we were on top of the World Cup table? Genuine question.
The answer is nope.

Indian fans pulled a same trope back during Kohli’s last days. Look up bunty sajdeh and Rohit Sharma’s wife. There was a similar controversy made on the interwebs and social media.

That being said, inzimam’s case is a clear issue of conflict of interest and he should be removed from the position.

The nexus needs to be exposed before selection of team for next tour, read somewhere a petition to be filed also

So this is why players like Saim Ayub and Huraira never got a run in the ODI team. This is why they never tried out new players. No wonder the entire clique went on a tour to NL together. I had a hunch something was fishy.

Serious accusations deserve serious evidence. Let’s hold off the witch hunt before the facts are known.

While I have never been a fan of Babar or his nepotistic leadership, these emerging claims, are shamelessly being leaked to the media to further an obvious embarrassment campaign against the team, and to scapegoat Babar and his Buddies XI. It seems to me the PCB chairman wants to absolve himself off any blame for the shambolic performance of the team and lay blame somewhere else.

The truth is Pakistan cricket is rotten and this rot runs up and down the administration and team. It’s unfortunate the PCB has learnt nothing from the 2010 spot-fixing scandal in which the team was exposed to corrupt individuals such as Mazhar Majeed.

Anyways, Pakistan cricket is microcosm of Pakistan and everything is going down the drain. No surprises here. I sympathize with the Pakistani fans who have to put up consistently with this charade and cheer a team whose priorities are clearly predetermined by financial gain.

This controversy comes on the heels of significant differences between the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) and players regarding central contracts.

While speaking to a local news channel, the head of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) management committee, Zaka Ashraf, has hinted at initiating an investigation into Inzamam's alleged involvement with a players' agent's firm amid concerns of a possible conflict of interest in the national team's selection process.

"Surely, it looks like a conflict of interest. We will call the chief selector and ask him to clarify whether this news is correct or not. But it seems like if Talha has controlled seven to eight players, then he must be the one behind the selection as well. We will ask the chief selector to explain," Zaka said.​

Serious accusations deserve serious evidence. Let’s hold off the witch hunt before the facts are known.

While I have never been a fan of Babar or his nepotistic leadership, these emerging claims, are shamelessly being leaked to the media to further an obvious embarrassment campaign against the team, and to scapegoat Babar and his Buddies XI. It seems to me the PCB chairman wants to absolve himself off any blame for the shambolic performance of the team and lay blame somewhere else.

The truth is Pakistan cricket is rotten and this rot runs up and down the administration and team. It’s unfortunate the PCB has learnt nothing from the 2010 spot-fixing scandal in which the team was exposed to corrupt individuals such as Mazhar Majeed.

Anyways, Pakistan cricket is microcosm of Pakistan and everything is going down the drain. No surprises here. I sympathize with the Pakistani fans who have to put up consistently with this charade and cheer a team whose priorities are clearly predetermined by financial gain.
We can't really blame the chairman he's only recently took over from najam sethi who took over from rameez raja at the beginning on the year only chairman that should be responsible is rameez raja and this has been going on since inzi has been added in the set up

You can clearly see what's going on just by visiting sayacorp website and and see who the owners is and then checking the company house in uk with the same owner registered as having a company with inzi and rizwan

Corruption was always going to happen with the mess we are in. Also Rizwan it's been clear he's a fake for years. Rizwan, Babar and Inzy need to be removed from Pakistan cricket forever.

We can't really blame the chairman he's only recently took over from najam sethi who took over from rameez raja at the beginning on the year only chairman that should be responsible is rameez raja and this has been going on since inzi has been added in the set up

You can clearly see what's going on just by visiting sayacorp website and and see who the owners is and then checking the company house in uk with the same owner registered as having a company with inzi and rizwan

How can you absolve the current chairman when he appointed inzamam ul haq as the chief selector about two months ago?

Besides, I don’t really think Inzamam ul haq is corrupt to the extent that’s being alleged. There are always two sides to a story and the truth should be established before conclusions are reached. Inzy has always carried himself with class and integrity & I think he’s being unfairly targeted.

The corruption discussion won’t make any difference. Unless there is solid proof, all it will be good for is generating emotional outbursts on TV shows to raise ratings.

What is achievable is PCB using the obvious case for conflict of interest to make a systemic change. That’s it.

Proving outright corruption will be hard. Just because 7/8 players are signed up with a PR management firm owned in part by the same guys does not have to mean corruption. Skating the ethical line, yes. Condemnable, yes. Corruption? How will one prove it?

Whispers and innuendo about selection are not proof.

My advice to PCB is to go all out on the conflict of interest angle.

Irrespective PR of Babar is good! social media flooded with his support lol
I noticed this after losses as well that the forum and social media had different opinions and lot of things make sense now.

Corruption was always going to happen with the mess we are in. Also Rizwan it's been clear he's a fake for years. Rizwan, Babar and Inzy need to be removed from Pakistan cricket forever.
So the problem is Rizwan. The guy that won the game against SL and so far has had a decent tournament. I get it.

I must admit I don't know too much about the situation and don't really have the motivation to investigate it in depth currently. If I say something incorrect I am happy to be corrected. Here is my 2 cents

Firstly, whenever there is even the slightest sniff of corruption or conflict of interest a thorough investigation MUST be called immediately. This cannot be a trial by media but it needs to be investigated by the proper authorities ( irrespective of the competency of those authorities in the case of Pakistan).

I don't believe there is a conflict of interest between players sharing same business managers. Players will engage with different agents throughout their careers and trying to ensure players have different agents is something that is impossible to enforce. In fact ( I am not a lawyer so could be wrong), it may be illegal for the board to try and enforce something like this.

I do believe there is a potential conflict of interest in the chief selector having the same business manager as players. The chief selector is a board appointee and upon being appointed should be forced to declare his interests. I don't even know what the need is for a chief selector to have a manager but again i don't know the case in detail. There is no good that can come from a CS and players having the same management. They could potentially be coerced into selecting/playing certain players to fulfil commercial objectives.

Now a potential conflict of interest may not materialise into something untoward or illegal. We cannot jump to that conclusion, at this stage it is just as likely that nothing happened and all parties involved maintained their integrity. However the stench of suspicion is why this situation should not have arisen in the first place.

The usual suspects will once again focus on individual players as a diversion tactic. But remember, these situations can only exist to be potentially exploited if the institutions are weak, toothless and susceptible to political interventions. They exist because there are no checks or balances, and there is no leadership or long-term strategy for the PCB.

Either way, even if nothing wrong took place, Inzimam should not remain CS and it must be mandatory for any officials in the PCB to declare their commercial interests.

If something wrong is identified then all parties should receive bans and fines.

Inzamam has resigned. The matter shouldn't end there, there needs to be a criminal investigation spearheaded by the FIA and NAB.
Just saw this after writing my post lol. There was no chance he could remain.

where is corruption?

Inzamam has resigned. The matter shouldn't end there, there needs to be a criminal investigation spearheaded by the FIA and NAB.
wait what? How does conflict of interest concern with NAB or FIA?

Posters are desperately trying to link conflict of interest to some sort of supposed corruption. lol, alot of cricket fans really have low IQs.

Babar is genuinely loved by PKs. I don't think that will change after this WC.
I understand but i can tell you one thing there was a influx of pro Inzi social media posts where Indian players were praising him, pas interviews etc that is clear PR it started happening out of nowhere.

I understand but i can tell you one thing there was a influx of pro Inzi social media posts where Indian players were praising him, pas interviews etc that is clear PR it started happening out of nowhere.
I don't think Babar has the same respect as he had in the past.

Last year he had an awful asia cup and worldcup t20

Then he did excellent vs second string teams at home

But now come asia cup and worldcup he's been poor again

majority cricket watching fans have figured out he's not world class batsmen they wanted him too be. However he still has some cheerleaders eventually they will fade out but he's still the best batsmen in pakistan

All of this has to happen now. In the middle of the World Cup. Can’t wait a couple more weeks. Sigh.
Those responsible should be called back ASAP they are not fit to represent pakistan if they are not working in the interest of pakistan

They are desh drohi

I’m sorry but no way should Inzimam solely take the fall for this.

Babar and Rizwan need to be held accountable too. Enough is enough!

He will but after world cup . either he will Resign or sacked by PCB .
Na mate

No easy ways out. Inzimam took the easy way out by resigning and not clearing his name. He will basically not cooperate with the investigation comittee looking into this by not answering their questions and providing proof of his role in selecting a squad that isn’t a conflict of interest.

From Zaka’s interview yesterday, it seems as if he wouldn’t mind an easy way out by just putting all the blame on Inzimam, whilst Babar and Rizwan get away Scott free

Sick and tired of this. I’ve always suspected something isn’t right in the past 3-4 years with the promotion of Rizwan as some kind of Gilchrist/Dhoni/Sangakara all put into one.

Accountable for what?

Your personal dislike for them?
If you are allowed to ask me questions, maybe I retort by asking you why don’t you want this to be investigated thoroughly? Because you have a personal liking for Rizwan and Babar?

majority cricket watching fans have figured out he's not world class batsmen they wanted him too be. However he still has some cheerleaders eventually they will fade out but he's still the best batsmen in pakistan

Not being world class is one thing. But being involved in corruption and abusing your power as captain when it comes to selecting the squad of 15 and playing 11 where it turns out monetary considerations dictated your selections for the last 3 years as Pakistani Captain is unforgivable.

Na mate

No easy ways out. Inzimam took the easy way out by resigning and not clearing his name. He will basically not cooperate with the investigation comittee looking into this by not answering their questions and providing proof of his role in selecting a squad that isn’t a conflict of interest.

From Zaka’s interview yesterday, it seems as if he wouldn’t mind an easy way out by just putting all the blame on Inzimam, whilst Babar and Rizwan get away Scott free

Sick and tired of this. I’ve always suspected something isn’t right in the past 3-4 years with the promotion of Rizwan as some kind of Gilchrist/Dhoni/Sangakara all put into one.
"sochna bhi mana hai " was started by This same management company?

"sochna bhi mana hai " was started by This same management company?
It was started by LQ but Shaheen’s agent was the one who used Shaheen to apply it nefariously against PCB who wanted to remove Babar Azam from captaincy last year.

If you are allowed to ask me questions, maybe I retort by asking you why don’t you want this to be investigated thoroughly? Because you have a personal liking for Rizwan and Babar?

Good you said it

Investigate it first.

But you are talking about life bans - I am not sure for what?

What is the actual crime here?

Most people were, are and always love Babar. That isn't going to change. I am a big Babar fan because we have had very average players for the last 2 decades and he is better than them. What has disappointed me is his lack of improvement against spin.

Good you said it

Investigate it first.

So it’s OK for the captain of a national side to use the chief selector (both representing the same agency) to select a group of players who are all represented by that agency for a global tournament?

Fakhar Zaman (injured), selected whilst a fit and able Saim Ayub ignored

Zaman Khan (no List A experience of note) selected whilst plenty of proper List A bowlers ignored.

Abrar Ahmed selected to warm the bench…World for the agency because he will always remain in the news

Hassan Ali picked for experience, but Amir, Sarfaraz or Imad not given the same treatment.

How much more will you all deny this???

It's straightforward.

A chief selector can not be a partner in a company with a current cricketer. That's an apparent conflict of interest irrespective of the cleanest of intentions.

The honorable thing is to have the Chief Selector resign which is what Inzamam has done. Also one manager cannot be allowed to have more than 1 player under contract.

Good you said it

Investigate it first.

Sharing agents? Because so far all I have heard is that there is a conflict of interest but if the PCB knew about this, why didn't they ban it. If any sort of blackmail took place then life bans should be the order of the day. But I very much doubt that there was.

Sharing agents? Because so far all I have heard is that there is a conflict of interest but if the PCB knew about this, why didn't they ban it. If any sort of blackmail took place then life bans should be the order of the day. But I very much doubt that there was.
Of course you would doubt it because Bobzy the King was appointed by your idol Imran Khan

So it’s OK for the captain of a national side to use the chief selector (both representing the same agency) to select a group of players who are all represented by that agency for a global tournament?

Fakhar Zaman (injured), selected whilst a fit and able Saim Ayub ignored

Zaman Khan (no List A experience of note) selected whilst plenty of proper List A bowlers ignored.

Abrar Ahmed selected to warm the bench…World for the agency because he will always remain in the news

Hassan Ali picked for experience, but Amir, Sarfaraz or Imad not given the same treatment.

How much more will you all deny this???
Can you give some stats on Saim Ayub and his reason for selection. Maybe 1st Class Record, maybe 50 over record? How many games before WC selection etc
Zaman isn't a 50 over bowler but nor is Amir anymore, can you tell us when Amir last played a 50 over game?
You talking rubbish doesnt change facts.

It's straightforward.

A chief selector can not be a partner in a company with a current cricketer. That's an apparent conflict of interest irrespective of the cleanest of intentions.

The honorable thing is to have the Chief Selector resign which is what Inzamam has done. Also one manager cannot be allowed to have more than 1 player under contract.
And what do we do about this disastrous World Cup? Put paper over the cracks and gloss it over??

Sorry, the people that have deceived the nation for personal interests must be held accountable now!

And if they are found not guilty will you leave the forum. If they are guilty I will leave the forum. Or you man enough
I won’t believe for 1 second that they are not guilty.

I KNOW IN MY SOUL that things have been shady for a long, long time! I’ve been screaming, questioning it for the past 3-4 years!!

Back