[VIDEO] Conflict of Interest when the Chief Selector and certain players share the same business manager?

Most people were, are and always love Babar. That isn't going to change. I am a big Babar fan because we have had very average players for the last 2 decades and he is better than them. What has disappointed me is his lack of improvement against spin.
If people have personal love for Babar nothing we can do, I'm talking from a cricket point of view, Those who want to see pakistan succeed don't give him that support since he's been found out and it's come clear he's not a worldclass batsmen

And what do we do about this disastrous World Cup? Put paper over the cracks and gloss it over??

Sorry, the people that have deceived the nation for personal interests must be held accountable now!
Let's wait until the end of the World Cup.

But as of now, it seems like end of Babar's captaincy. Imam has been highly disappointing so far. Probably should be sacked as well. Fakhar is lucky he's injured otherwise he would've been sacked as well given his terrible form. Abdullah Shafique isn't anything special either. Imam's SR criticism is justified but then you cannot insult Imam and then back Abdullah who is playing at a worse SR than Imam. Both should be out of the team if SR is your criteria.

Shaheen needs a kick up his backside as well. He's a vastly overrated bowler who thinks he's Wasim Akram. First and foremost, needs to let go of his batting. In his mind, he thinks he's better than Klusener. About time he goes back to his roots and play as a genuine 142kph fast bowler.

Shadab, Nawaz are proper railu-katas. Shadab needs to be benched. He understands he's hopeless with the ball so he's trying to become a Shoaib Malik. We cannot afford another Shoaib Malik in the team for 20 years. Nawaz should have been discarded 3 years back.

The core going forward in the batting has to be around Saim, Saud and Babar. Bowling wise, we're hopeless. No amount of tidying up can bring quality bowlers into the team. So expect the same old horrible team with a few wins scattered here and there.

If people have personal love for Babar nothing we can do, I'm talking from a cricket point of view, Those who want to see pakistan succeed don't give him that support since he's been found out and it's come clear he's not a worldclass batsmen
Just like you they too have their favourites.

My instict is I think they are both low iq individuals (babar and rizwan) who may have been pushed into doing something without realising the consequences or what was happening.
But only a full investigation will show that. How can you find them guilty based on mere allegations when no one can name players that were left based on performance. This was pretty much the same squad that most people would have chosen bar a player or 2 but that is always the case.

But only a full investigation will show that. How can you find them guilty based on mere allegations when no one can name players that were left based on performance. This was pretty much the same squad that most people would have chosen bar a player or 2 but that is always the case.
PCB is investigating, I don’t even know how take these committees and investigations seriously anymore.

They will find what they want.

Yeah I guess 99% of Pakistan cricket fans have absolutely lost the plot according to your analysis.

That's an opinion but for someone that Bleats all day, you should be the last to critique others
I don’t claim it. There are good posters here who believe I am one of the best analysts here

That’s not me claiming anything.

Completely agree. Inzis position was untenable with or without an investigation but the rest of the situation needs to be investigated throughouly.

PCB is investigating, I don’t even know how take these committees and investigations seriously anymore.

They will find what they want.
It's basically a tactic to throw others under the bus. You got a total cretin in Zaka making the whole board a laughing stock after releasing private messages and needs diversions. But it's a very serious allegation and needs a proper investigation

Apparently this PCB investigation Committee will include some NAB anti corruption officers as well as per tv reporters.

Completely agree. Inzis position was untenable with or without an investigation but the rest of the situation needs to be investigated throughouly.
You need to remember these things are always brought up after a poor performance. In football managers blame refs, or the colour of the kit etc. Nothing new but if they are proven guilty.

Never a dull moment with Pakistan politics.

There was some stability during /IK era irrespective of how there were some bad losses but it’s back to being a joke now.

I absolutely give credit to PCT supporters who keep supporting the team inspite of all these years of unprofessionalism.

Just looking at the stats for the recent pakistan cup which is a 50 over format we have players like

Tayab tahir 50 avg and 99 sr
Saim ayub 50 and 100+ sr
Kamran ghulam 145 avg 100+ sr
Mubashir khan 50 avg and 100+ sr

Why have these guys not been given a chance but in the same tournament we have

Iftikhar chacha 31 avg 70 sr
Fakhar zaman 30 avg 80 sr
Khushdil Shah 23 avg 70 sr
Muhammed nawaz 15 avg 93 sr and 114 avg with the ball

Always in the squad some how selection need to be done on merit not select someone just because they are part of inzimam's agency

There was some stability during /IK era irrespective of how there were some bad losses but it’s back to being a joke now.

I absolutely give credit to PCT supporters who keep supporting the team inspite of all these years of unprofessionalism.
We will are PKs, we used to thus rubbish. We are always with them as long as they are playing to their best, which they are( they aren't very good) and they aren't corrupt.

Just looking at the stats for the recent pakistan cup which is a 50 over format we have players like

Tayab tahir 50 avg and 99 sr
Saim ayub 50 and 100+ sr
Kamran ghulam 145 avg 100+ sr
Mubashir khan 50 avg and 100+ sr

Why have these guys not been given a chance but in the same tournament we have

Iftikhar chacha 31 avg 70 sr
Fakhar zaman 30 avg 80 sr
Khushdil Shah 23 avg 70 sr
Muhammed nawaz 15 avg 93 sr and 114 avg with the ball

Always in the squad some how selection need to be done on merit not select someone just because they are part of inzimam's agency
So you actually believe that guys like Tayyab, Saim etc would have made a difference

We will are PKs, we used to thus rubbish. We are always with them as long as they are playing to their best, which they are( they aren't very good) and they aren't corrupt.
When Shoaib Malik actually spoke about how players negotiated the contract for ICC tournaments(A sports) I was impressed with the players but also could notice jealousy in Malik’s tone.. but see jealousy is a big issue probably coz either the pie is smaller or coz there was actually an issue.

So you actually believe that guys like Tayyab, Saim etc would have made a difference
Yes if we groomed them in the last few years at least couple of them would be a good find

What was the need of Babar rizwan and imam stat padding vs newzealand c team at home
Atleast some of these guys should have been given a chance and could have a been a good find

Yes if we groomed them in the last few years at least couple of them would be a good find

What was the need of Babar rizwan and imam stat padding vs newzealand c team at home
Atleast some of these guys should have been given a chance and could have a been a good find
So Saim should have been groomed when he had no performances to back up. He only scored 100s in FC this season. T20 players like Shadab, Nawaz are struggling because they don't have the experience of the longer format. Tayyab isn't an international player and not is Ghulam. They aren't better than these guys and we had lots of selection committees don't agree with you.

So Saim should have been groomed when he had no performances to back up. He only scored 100s in FC this season. T20 players like Shadab, Nawaz are struggling because they don't have the experience of the longer format. Tayyab isn't an international player and not is Ghulam. They aren't better than these guys and we had lots of selection committees don't agree with you.
What performances did Abdullah have?

I have heard stories of captains/coaches sponsoring their teams themselves in hope of success at International sports. I have read testimonies of how Arjuna Ranatunga hosted talented but finally struggling players like Arvinda Dsilva etc in his home. He made all decisions and SL won WC. Isn't that conflict of interest?

Agreed

This is a clear indication of guilt
"If committee finds me not guilty, I will resume my role," Inzamam says after PCB forms body to probe allegations
-----------------

Guilty or not guilty, we will know after investigation.

Last edited by a moderator:

I would have tried lots of players but it's the fans that treat every pointless game as some sort of WC final. I know it's with the benefit of hindsight but I would have opened with Babar, I would have put Riz at 5 or 6, and I don't know if he would have been any good but Agha at 4. Saim will get his chance and IA he will be a star but here would have made no difference.

Sharing agents? Because so far all I have heard is that there is a conflict of interest but if the PCB knew about this, why didn't they ban it. If any sort of blackmail took place then life bans should be the order of the day. But I very much doubt that there was.

Sorry I may have not read that law in PCB's charter which says sharing agents is forbidden.

I still don't get what the investigation will find?

Will there be signed documents saying this?

It's straightforward.

A chief selector can not be a partner in a company with a current cricketer. That's an apparent conflict of interest irrespective of the cleanest of intentions.

The honorable thing is to have the Chief Selector resign which is what Inzamam has done. Also one manager cannot be allowed to have more than 1 player under contract.

Where is this written?

People have all sorts of business dealings? I have never heard of a clause called "A chief selector cannot be a partner in a company with a current cricketer"

If there is one such clause, please add the link here so I can stand corrected.

Those responsible should be called back ASAP they are not fit to represent pakistan if they are not working in the interest of pakistan

They are desh drohi
Or we could also just relax a little. No fact finding committee or law firm will find anything in the time the team comes back. What does this serve them?
Those responsible should be called back ASAP they are not fit to represent pakistan if they are not working in the interest of pakistan

They are desh drohi
OR, this might be a radical idea - everyone could calm down a little.

don’t see how any law firm or committee in the world will come back with any results in 2 weeks. By which time the entire team will be back. It’s not match fixing. Could have been dealt with it when they’re home. Who does this serve at this moment? It’s against the very “interest of Pakistan”.

Where is this written?

People have all sorts of business dealings? I have never hear "A chief selector cannot be a partner in a company with a current cricketer"

Of course its not written. It's just plain common sense. That's how conflict of interest works.

Can it be ok to be Chief Selector while being an owner of a PSL franchise?

Are you going to say that nowhere is it written that you cannot be chief selector while being owner of a PSL franchise?

There are things that are pretty common sense, my friend.

Having said that, nowhere am I implying that Inzamam is doing favors to Rizwan just because he is partner with him in a company. However that is as clear case of a conflict of interest as it can be because if Inzamam doesn't select Rizwan, then apparently the UK company suffers.

Where is this written?

People have all sorts of business dealings? I have never heard of a clause called "A chief selector cannot be a partner in a company with a current cricketer"

People are making up rules based on what they “feel” is right or wrong.

Check out how many players are managed by this company alone - including Stokes, Root, Buttler, Clarke, Livingstone, Stuart Broad, Crawley, Collingwood (former coach), among others.

Of course its not written. It's just plain common sense. That's how conflict of interest works.

Are you going to say that nowhere is it written that you cannot be chief selector while being owner of a PSL franchise?

Having said that, nowhere am I implying that Inzamam is doing favors to Rizwan just because he is partner with him in a company. However that is as clear case of a conflict of interest as it can be because if Inzamam doesn't select Rizwan, then apparently the UK company suffers.

2 people doing business together.

We have NO idea of the nature of the business.

In UK you can incorporate for any number of reasons, lot of them are normal.

There is no need to doubt the integrity of Inzi and Rizwan - all our fairly religious people and as a fellow Muslims - I have no reason to doubt their intentions.

Sorry I may have not read that law in PCB's charter which says sharing agents is forbidden.

I still don't get what the investigation will find?

Will there be signed documents saying this
You know as well as I that this is diversion and shifting of the blame for the poor performances. As I said I will leave the forum if either player is guilty of corrupt practices because as Rana said your favourites are guilty

2 people doing business together.

We have NO idea of the nature of the business.

In UK you can incorporate for any number of reasons, lot of them are normal.

There is no need to doubt the integrity of Inzi and Rizwan - all our fairly religious people and as a fellow Muslims - I have no reason to doubt their intentions.
And I have not questioned their intentions as well.

I'm just saying that this is a clear case of conflict of interest.

Inzamam cannot be put in a position of authority where he has the decision to select Rizwan or not while being business partners simultaneously. If Inzamam was business partners with Azhar Ali (ex-cricketer) there would have been no issues.

Inzamam cannot be put in a position of authority where he has the decision to select Rizwan or not while being business partners simultaneously. If Inzamam was business partners with Azhar Ali (ex-cricketer) there would have been no issues.

At the worst, this deserves a mild slap on the wrist, but the way people are making it out is as if this is criminal behaviour or match fixing etc.

At the worst, this deserves a mild slap on the wrist, but the way people are making it out is as if this is criminal behaviour or match fixing etc.
That is in the culture to find scapegoats. So expect the witch hunt. I think Inzamam has done the honorable thing and resigned ASAP.

I don’t want Babar as captain. BUT even in the worst case possible, how is worse than all the Pakistan captains and admins that have gone before, having picking their favoured cricketers and not others? Yes it needs to addressed if true, but dragging them through the mud like this is awful. Have some respect for the national team - what they represent, where they are, and they are doing right now — if not the individuals. This is disgraceful. Pent up aggression against performances bleeding into vendettas.

People are making up rules based on what they “feel” is right or wrong.

Check out how many players are managed by this company alone - including Stokes, Root, Buttler, Clarke, Livingstone, Stuart Broad, Crawley, Collingwood (former coach), among others.

Luke Wright the chief selector of england cricket team is the owner of this company?

You need to remember these things are always brought up after a poor performance. In football managers blame refs, or the colour of the kit etc. Nothing new but if they are proven guilty.
Doesnt matter bro. I want our instutions to be squeaky clean. Conflict of interests are a threat no matter the results.

I don’t want Babar as captain. BUT even in the worst case possible, how is worse than all the Pakistan captains and admins that have gone before, having picking their favoured cricketers and not others? Yes it needs to addressed if true, but dragging them through the mud like this is awful. Have some respect for the national team - what they represent, where they are, and they are doing right now — if not the individuals. This is disgraceful. Pent up aggression against performances bleeding into vendettas.

No Vendettas here. Babar selected a poor Squad of 15 and reserves and he was advised by Misbah, Hafeez that the team's spin bowling was going to be weak but he stuck to his guns. Now it turns out that there were monetary benefits involved in picking players who were involved in a specific management company. He has to answer for all this and rightfully so.

No Vendettas here. Babar selected a poor Squad of 15 and reserves and he was advised by Misbah, Hafeez that the team's spin bowling was going to be weak but he stuck to his guns. Now it turns out that there were monetary benefits involved in picking players who were involved in a specific management company. He has to answer for all this and rightfully so.
And you honestly believe that he would have betrayed PK for money. Error of judgement, poor selection maybe but he would betray PK for money?

These are just distractions created by people who cannot accept the fact that Pakistan has talent problem not a conflict of interest problem.

We are just not good enough. Nothing would change even if there is zero conflict of interest.

He had to step aside after this has come out.

I believe there are other former players within Pakistan cricket at the moment who are linked to the same group.

As for the inquiry - why not appoint independent people who will actually investigate this properly.

I must admit I don't know too much about the situation and don't really have the motivation to investigate it in depth currently. If I say something incorrect I am happy to be corrected. Here is my 2 cents

Firstly, whenever there is even the slightest sniff of corruption or conflict of interest a thorough investigation MUST be called immediately. This cannot be a trial by media but it needs to be investigated by the proper authorities ( irrespective of the competency of those authorities in the case of Pakistan).

I don't believe there is a conflict of interest between players sharing same business managers. Players will engage with different agents throughout their careers and trying to ensure players have different agents is something that is impossible to enforce. In fact ( I am not a lawyer so could be wrong), it may be illegal for the board to try and enforce something like this.

I do believe there is a potential conflict of interest in the chief selector having the same business manager as players. The chief selector is a board appointee and upon being appointed should be forced to declare his interests. I don't even know what the need is for a chief selector to have a manager but again i don't know the case in detail. There is no good that can come from a CS and players having the same management. They could potentially be coerced into selecting/playing certain players to fulfil commercial objectives.

Now a potential conflict of interest may not materialise into something untoward or illegal. We cannot jump to that conclusion, at this stage it is just as likely that nothing happened and all parties involved maintained their integrity. However the stench of suspicion is why this situation should not have arisen in the first place.

The usual suspects will once again focus on individual players as a diversion tactic. But remember, these situations can only exist to be potentially exploited if the institutions are weak, toothless and susceptible to political interventions. They exist because there are no checks or balances, and there is no leadership or long-term strategy for the PCB.

Either way, even if nothing wrong took place, Inzimam should not remain CS and it must be mandatory for any officials in the PCB to declare their commercial interests.

If something wrong is identified then all parties should receive bans and fines.
Best summary on here. I'm still reading through this story so here's my rough sketch so far:

Unless there's evidence of armtwisting of players to join this particular agency - the sharing of agent isn't as problematic as the alignment of commercial interests between a Chief Selector, current cricketers and their rep.

If a Chief Selector is a co-director of a company with a current cricketer and his agent (who represents several other players) while simultaneously overseeing the future of those cricketers - that's the definition of a conflict of interest.

I'm not suggesting there's clear evidence of wrongdoing or that Inzamam gave undue weight to selecting players from that agency - let the inquiry proceed - but like you said it's the potential for that conflict of interest to be abused that's problematic.

Ultimately PCB are culpable for this oversight. What safeguards are in place when hiring selectors, coaches and managers against conflicts of interest ? Do the legal department run any background checks on all appointments ? Is there a requirement for contracted players to declare their business interests ? It's another example of the chalta hai attitude that typifies the lack of ethical standards in Pakistani society and its public bodies.

So it’s OK for the captain of a national side to use the chief selector (both representing the same agency) to select a group of players who are all represented by that agency for a global tournament?

Fakhar Zaman (injured), selected whilst a fit and able Saim Ayub ignored

Zaman Khan (no List A experience of note) selected whilst plenty of proper List A bowlers ignored.

Abrar Ahmed selected to warm the bench…World for the agency because he will always remain in the news

Hassan Ali picked for experience, but Amir, Sarfaraz or Imad not given the same treatment.

How much more will you all deny this???

This list is not good enough as proof of malpractice. Fakhar Zaman has been one of our best ODI openers. Understandable if he gets a long rope even without form and fitness. Saim Ayub was too inexperienced to be thrown into the world cup, or at least that's what they could've been thinking. Selecting Zaman Khan could simply be attributed to stupidity and lack of talent identification. Abrar Ahmad hasn't played an ODI before. Same reasoning as Saim Ayub applies. Sarfaraz is a washed up player and Amir is retired. Imad should've been selected but wasn't probably because of Babar's insecurity. Besides, he averages 44 as an ODI bowler.

A lot of the problems stem from too much power given to Babar Azam, who is not a very bright individual. We should've rotated better and given many players their chances but another problem is that we didn't play enough ODIs. And above all, as @Mamoon keeps telling us, there's not enough talent in this country. So stop making a moutain out of a mole-hill as a coping mechanism and accept that a lot of work needs to be done to make the country's cricket competitive. And while there does seem to be a conflict of interest in Inzi as a CS, there are far deeper problems in our cricket.

The end result is if people start blaming the World Cup results so far on this conflict of interest, then that is pure delusion. Pakistan is losing because they have a long list of talentless hacks playing across the country, not just in the team.

Luke Wright the chief selector of england cricket team is the owner of this company?

We've been playing the same team for a few years now. Inzimam only came in a couple of months ago. While I agree that there's a conflict of interest and it should be addressed, but all this hoopla is simply scapegoating in action. This could've been dealt with in a much more honorable and sensible manner, but like our politics, we just had to make it vulgar and unseemly.

In which world is it a clear indication of guilt?

It could be the act of an honourable man as well.
In which world is it a clear indication of guilt?

It could be the act of an honourable man as well.
Resignation whilst an investigation ongoing. Why resign if you know you are not guilty?

Jee oye Shareeqa

Zindabad

The business interests side of things doesn't bother me, they can do what they want, to a certain extent.

What bothers me are the allegations I have heard from a couple of players saying that they were told, sign up with us, or you don't get picked. If that's true, then that is a huge concern.

A new low in Pakistan shameful disgusting and embarrassing. Why not dissolve the whole PCB setup and pick a chairman like BCCI by voting, hate it or what ever India and BCCi are the role model now.

Yep this is the PCB we know (and don't love). And in trademark fashion they've announced a five man committee to investigate.

Now unless those five people are Nelson Mandela, Lech Walesa, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson and Mohammad Ali Jinnah - why are five people required to probe what @MenInG rightly described as a standard HR/compliance issue ?

It's another excuse for five babas to come together, drink tea, engage in some gup shup before issuing a cursory press release on PCB expense.

Favoritism, bias, double standards, conflict of interest (to a minimal degree)

These things will always exist in every corporation, every sporting team. It is part of human nature.

It will never be key to success or key to failure. These are just distractions to ignore the elephant in the room, i.e. we just don’t have the ability.

Even if you pick a team with 100% pure cricketing merit, Pakistan will not be among the top teams. That is the bitter reality.

I agree. Even an appearance of conflict of interest will damage Pakistan cricket. I believe Inzamam could have avoided the conflict by declaring his connections to the company or by refusing to be a selector.

This list is not good enough as proof of malpractice. Fakhar Zaman has been one of our best ODI openers. Understandable if he gets a long rope even without form and fitness. Saim Ayub was too inexperienced to be thrown into the world cup, or at least that's what they could've been thinking. Selecting Zaman Khan could simply be attributed to stupidity and lack of talent identification. Abrar Ahmad hasn't played an ODI before. Same reasoning as Saim Ayub applies. Sarfaraz is a washed up player and Amir is retired. Imad should've been selected but wasn't probably because of Babar's insecurity. Besides, he averages 44 as an ODI bowler.

A lot of the problems stem from too much power given to Babar Azam, who is not a very bright individual. We should've rotated better and given many players their chances but another problem is that we didn't play enough ODIs. And above all, as @Mamoon keeps telling us, there's not enough talent in this country. So stop making a moutain out of a mole-hill as a coping mechanism and accept that a lot of work needs to be done to make the country's cricket competitive. And while there does seem to be a conflict of interest in Inzi as a CS, there are far deeper problems in our cricket.
Sensible post. BUT the lack of a quality spinner has impacted Pakistan's success in last 2 T20 world cups and Asia cups as well. Many of us have been shouting that we need a spinner. How dumb do Babar and Shadab need to be to not know this themselves? Did they choose to put their head in the sand and just hope for the best?

Whose job is it to give ODI games to Abrar Ahmed, Usama Mir, Saim Ayub, Abdullah, Saud, Ihsannulah? Why were they warming benches? I am not saying these players are Shane Warne and Brian Lara. How do we know if they have potential to bridge our gaps if we don't give them chances.

"Not a bright individual" feels like an easy cop out. There has been favoritism going on and it has been very visible.
Sarfaraz was no world beater, but I felt there was less favoritism under his captaincy and many players were introduced and developed.

A lot of posters saying Amir has "retired" and Imad has not played ODIs for X years. Ask yourself, if you were the leader of Pakistan and had Babar's power, would you not have recognized our gaps? Would you have not done what Pakistan team needs to win the world cup? Would you have gone with Hassan Ali with the new ball.

The first step to self-improvement is to be honest with yourself about your shortcomings and areas of improvement.

We are not good enough and we need to explore why. We have the human capital, we have the money and exposure (enough to assemble a quality cricket team).

We cannot be good enough until we accept that we are not good enough.

I don’t see this acceptance among the fans, the players, the media which is why I don’t see us improving.

The business interests side of things doesn't bother me, they can do what they want, to a certain extent.

What bothers me are the allegations I have heard from a couple of players saying that they were told, sign up with us, or you don't get picked. If that's true, then that is a huge concern.
I hope this is just a rumor. If it is true, it is a disservice to Pakistani cricketers who are toiling in domestic circuits, and to the fans, not just Pakistani fans, but also to all the fans of the game.

I must admit I don't know too much about the situation and don't really have the motivation to investigate it in depth currently. If I say something incorrect I am happy to be corrected. Here is my 2 cents

Firstly, whenever there is even the slightest sniff of corruption or conflict of interest a thorough investigation MUST be called immediately. This cannot be a trial by media but it needs to be investigated by the proper authorities ( irrespective of the competency of those authorities in the case of Pakistan).

I don't believe there is a conflict of interest between players sharing same business managers. Players will engage with different agents throughout their careers and trying to ensure players have different agents is something that is impossible to enforce. In fact ( I am not a lawyer so could be wrong), it may be illegal for the board to try and enforce something like this.

I do believe there is a potential conflict of interest in the chief selector having the same business manager as players. The chief selector is a board appointee and upon being appointed should be forced to declare his interests. I don't even know what the need is for a chief selector to have a manager but again i don't know the case in detail. There is no good that can come from a CS and players having the same management. They could potentially be coerced into selecting/playing certain players to fulfil commercial objectives.

Now a potential conflict of interest may not materialise into something untoward or illegal. We cannot jump to that conclusion, at this stage it is just as likely that nothing happened and all parties involved maintained their integrity. However the stench of suspicion is why this situation should not have arisen in the first place.

The usual suspects will once again focus on individual players as a diversion tactic. But remember, these situations can only exist to be potentially exploited if the institutions are weak, toothless and susceptible to political interventions. They exist because there are no checks or balances, and there is no leadership or long-term strategy for the PCB.

Either way, even if nothing wrong took place, Inzimam should not remain CS and it must be mandatory for any officials in the PCB to declare their commercial interests.

If something wrong is identified then all parties should receive bans and fines.

Best summary on here. I'm still reading through this story so here's my rough sketch so far:

Unless there's evidence of armtwisting of players to join this particular agency - the sharing of agent isn't as problematic as the alignment of commercial interests between a Chief Selector, current cricketers and their rep.

If a Chief Selector is a co-director of a company with a current cricketer and his agent (who represents several other players) while simultaneously overseeing the future of those cricketers - that's the definition of a conflict of interest.

I'm not suggesting there's clear evidence of wrongdoing or that Inzamam gave undue weight to selecting players from that agency - let the inquiry proceed - but like you said it's the potential for that conflict of interest to be abused that's problematic.

Ultimately PCB are culpable for this oversight. What safeguards are in place when hiring selectors, coaches and managers against conflicts of interest ? Do the legal department run any background checks on all appointments ? Is there a requirement for contracted players to declare their business interests ? It's another example of the chalta hai attitude that typifies the lack of ethical standards in Pakistani society and its public bodies.
I can give you guys a summary of the issue,
Before i start, I will tell you that there are alot of lies and alot of allegations that have been thrown out. And alot of misrepresentation of facts which has ruined the whole actual story.

So here we go:

Events that took place
1. Fakhar Alam claimed on his Pavilion show after Pakistan lost a few games that they are doing investigative journalism, as they claimed that one agent is representing 4-6 players of the team. He roughly said that the core group which involves Babar, Rizwan, Shaheen, Shadab were represented by one agent/company.

He further stated that if this one agent is managing all these players, than their could be a conflict of interest that Babar is probably only selecting players that his Agent wants. Because every agent makes money off their player stardom, Fakhar also said that it could be possible that Babar's agent might be saying that select particular in the squad so that they could do brand building on that player.

He also said that because this agents company is located in England and in England businesses have to declare their owners and assets so they will investigate this further.

2. Here is a list of agents/management companies that are registered with PCB

One company in particular, Saya Corporation manages Rizwan, Shaheen, Babar and Fakhar. This is the company/agent in question.

This list is there on PCB's website. So any PCB employee claiming they dont know are being foolish.

3. Further investigation revealed that Saya corporation is owned by a holding company. That holding company has 3-4 directors, which includes Inzamam, Inzamam's brother, Mohammad Rizwan, and the agent himself. The name of the holding company is Yazoo international.

4. Now we will be going abit further back. The PCB contracts are annual contracts that start with the fiscal year starting from July. The players did not sign the new contracts, the issue was related to pays, compensations and sponsors.

4. A. The players point of view was that players have to do commercials and shoots for PCB's sponsors, but they dont get anything from those shoots. So they asked for a share in that. This was a fair demand
4. B. The players also said that they dont want to wear sponsors of betting companies. Someone also tried to get the Pakistani govt involved here and tried to get a bill passed on this aswell.

5. PCB chairman Zaka Ashraf released a statement where he said the team was picked by Inzamam and Babar, and placed a kind of blame on them.

6. Zaka Ashraf has an interview with Shoaib Jatt. Shoaib Jatt is an ary journalist that has developed a personal issue with Babar Azam over the last few years and does bias journalism.

In this interview, Zaka Ashraf ended up saying many things that should not had been said AT THIS TIME. He said that Inzamam and Rizwan would be investigated, along with that he also mentioned how Babar got the team he wanted and all.

7. Rashid Latif made a claim that Zaka Ashraf is not picking the call of Babar Azam, thus, the falling out has been a very big one.
8. ARY ends up sharing a screenshot of a msg where an employee of PCB contacted Babar whether this story was true that Zaka Ashraf was not responding to Babar. Babar said no on that msg, and the screenshot was shared by ARY. It was revealed that Zaka Ashraf himself gave this screenshot to Shoaib Jatt and asked him to broadcast this.

Allegations by ARY Hosts/Journalists:

1. Babar Azam was selecting players on the advices of his agent. They were selecting players of that agent so that the brand value of that player can increase by playing for Pakistan and than that player can land good sponsors and deals that would benefit the agent more.

2. Babar was forcing all the players to hire only his agent only to represent them or else they wont be in the team.

3. Inzi was selecting the team based on who was being represented by Saya corporation.

4. Rizwan was also behind such decisions and Babar is the front man in the team to make sure all players sign with this particular agent.

5. The agent was the murshid and was calling all the shots on who will play and not play

THE ACTUAL ISSUE:

The actual issue are four in this case.

1. Why did Rizwan and Inzi hide the fact that they owned the company? Because Saya corporations website does not mention them at all.

Its the holding company's documents, Yazoo International that mentions Inzi and Rizwan as directors.

So this does raise a valid question.

2. Rizwan had issues with betting companies acting as sponsors for PSL teams. Ok, a valid concern, but the issue that is more serious here is that he made a company, got it to hire players and made a small association, and than used that association as a pressure point against PCB and PSL management to not take betting companies as sponsors.

Question is, can Rizwan do that? Can he sabotage PCB or PSL sponsor and marketing plans just for his own beliefs? Because the sponsors pay money in advance and have to bare a huge opportunity cost if they dont get to sponsor the tournament more, plus PSL losses out on sponsors.

PSL and the betting companies can sue Rizwan here.

3. Inzamam is Chief Selector, and also owns a sports agency. So one can say there is conflict of interest as Inzi could be selecting players that would make his own sports company look good and earn profits for him.

4. The contracts have not been signed by the players, thus they have been unpaid for the last 4 months. Now, the question is whether Babar and co are forcing other players and there agents to not sign the contract and threatening them with expulsion from the team or not. Because Saya does not represent all of the Pakistani team, there are 10 more agents, but why is it that all players are not signing a contract.

These are the actual issues that no one is really focusing on. Everyone is trying to create sensationalism and link corruption here because there are people that hate Babar Azam, there are a group of people that hate Rizwan, there are a group of people that love Sarfraz and want him back as captain. Plus, as we are losing the world cup, and we love to somehow make claims that players are sold out so they are trying to make a linkage of this issue with corruption. The whole story is like a khecheri that has been created.

Before i end this post, i also want to share a few facts that disapprove alot of the stuff that have been claimed by ary:

A few actual Facts:
I did my own investigation for these facts

1. The core of the team is Babar, Shaheen, Rizwan, Shadab, Haris Rauf, Naseem Shah and Imam ul haq. Now if the story was true that Babar wants all players to be represented by Saya Corporation, than why is Shadab and Haris Rauf represented by Insignia Sports Management which is an international company. Imam Ul haq, Inzi's nephew is represented by a company called Agent Haq, why isnt he represented by his own uncle's company than? If this was true, than the first guy that should be representing Saya should be Inzi's own nephew. Naseem Shah is represented by ICA.

2. There was alot of hue and cry that Babar did not select Abrar in the 15 man squad. Guess what, Abrar Ahmad is represented by Saya corporation. So if they are selected players in the final 15 than why wasn't Abrar selected in the final 15?

3. It is true, that the Agent or Sports Management company that represents the captain ends up bagging more player contracts. There is nothing wrong in this, the players want to be represented by the captains company or the captain will often refer the company/agent who represents him to the other players.

When Afrid was captain, ACE Management was representing Afridi, Anwar Ali, Ahmad Shezad and many of the Pakistan stars.

When Misbah was captain, he was represented by ICA of Moghees Ahmad, and ICA would end up representing Azhar Ali, Mohammad Hafeez and Sarfraz Ahmad.

Thing is, this whole case has blown out of proportions. There is an issue that needs to be concentrated on, but opportunist are trying to milk this and change the narrative, plus the chairman is further putting fuel to the fire.

Before i start, I will tell you that there are alot of lies and alot of allegations that have been thrown out. And alot of misrepresentation of facts which has ruined the whole actual story.

So here we go:

Events that took place
1. Fakhar Alam claimed on his Pavilion show after Pakistan lost a few games that they are doing investigative journalism, as they claimed that one agent is representing 4-6 players of the team. He roughly said that the core group which involves Babar, Rizwan, Shaheen, Shadab were represented by one agent/company.

He further stated that if this one agent is managing all these players, than their could be a conflict of interest that Babar is probably only selecting players that his Agent wants. Because every agent makes money off their player stardom, Fakhar also said that it could be possible that Babar's agent might be saying that select particular in the squad so that they could do brand building on that player.

He also said that because this agents company is located in England and in England businesses have to declare their owners and assets so they will investigate this further.

One company in particular, Saya Corporation manages Rizwan, Shaheen, Babar and Fakhar. This is the company/agent in question.

This list is there on PCB's website. So any PCB employee claiming they dont know are being foolish.

3. Further investigation revealed that Saya corporation is owned by a holding company. That holding company has 3-4 directors, which includes Inzamam, Inzamam's brother, Mohammad Rizwan, and the agent himself. The name of the holding company is Yazoo international.

4. Now we will be going abit further back. The PCB contracts are annual contracts that start with the fiscal year starting from July. The players did not sign the new contracts, the issue was related to pays, compensations and sponsors.

4. A. The players point of view was that players have to do commercials and shoots for PCB's sponsors, but they dont get anything from those shoots. So they asked for a share in that. This was a fair demand
4. B. The players also said that they dont want to wear sponsors of betting companies. Someone also tried to get the Pakistani govt involved here and tried to get a bill passed on this aswell.

5. PCB chairman Zaka Ashraf released a statement where he said the team was picked by Inzamam and Babar, and placed a kind of blame on them.

6. Zaka Ashraf has an interview with Shoaib Jatt. Shoaib Jatt is an ary journalist that has developed a personal issue with Babar Azam over the last few years and does bias journalism.

In this interview, Zaka Ashraf ended up saying many things that should not had been said AT THIS TIME. He said that Inzamam and Rizwan would be investigated, along with that he also mentioned how Babar got the team he wanted and all.

7. Rashid Latif made a claim that Zaka Ashraf is not picking the call of Babar Azam, thus, the falling out has been a very big one.
8. ARY ends up sharing a screenshot of a msg where an employee of PCB contacted Babar whether this story was true that Zaka Ashraf was not responding to Babar. Babar said no on that msg, and the screenshot was shared by ARY. It was revealed that Zaka Ashraf himself gave this screenshot to Shoaib Jatt and asked him to broadcast this.

1. Babar Azam was selecting players on the advices of his agent. They were selecting players of that agent so that the brand value of that player can increase by playing for Pakistan and than that player can land good sponsors and deals that would benefit the agent more.

2. Babar was forcing all the players to hire only his agent only to represent them or else they wont be in the team.

3. Inzi was selecting the team based on who was being represented by Saya corporation.

4. Rizwan was also behind such decisions and Babar is the front man in the team to make sure all players sign with this particular agent.

5. The agent was the murshid and was calling all the shots on who will play and not play

THE ACTUAL ISSUE:

1. Why did Rizwan and Inzi hide the fact that they owned the company? Because Saya corporations website does not mention them at all.

Its the holding company's documents, Yazoo International that mentions Inzi and Rizwan as directors.

2. Rizwan had issues with betting companies acting as sponsors for PSL teams. Ok, a valid concern, but the issue that is more serious here is that he made a company, got it to hire players and made a small association, and than used that association as a pressure point against PCB and PSL management to not take betting companies as sponsors.

Question is, can Rizwan do that? Can he sabotage PCB or PSL sponsor and marketing plans just for his own beliefs? Because the sponsors pay money in advance and have to bare a huge opportunity cost if they dont get to sponsor the tournament more, plus PSL losses out on sponsors.

3. Inzamam is Chief Selector, and also owns a sports agency. So one can say there is conflict of interest as Inzi could be selecting players that would make his own sports company look good and earn profits for him.

4. The contracts have not been signed by the players, thus they have been unpaid for the last 4 months. Now, the question is whether Babar and co are forcing other players and there agents to not sign the contract and threatening them with expulsion from the team or not. Because Saya does not represent all of the Pakistani team, there are 10 more agents, but why is it that all players are not signing a contract.

These are the actual issues that no one is really focusing on. Everyone is trying to create sensationalism and link corruption here because there are people that hate Babar Azam, there are a group of people that hate Rizwan, there are a group of people that love Sarfraz and want him back as captain. Plus, as we are losing the world cup, and we love to somehow make claims that players are sold out so they are trying to make a linkage of this issue with corruption. The whole story is like a khecheri that has been created.

Before i end this post, i also want to share a few facts that disapprove alot of the stuff that have been claimed by ary:

A few actual Facts:

1. The core of the team is Babar, Shaheen, Rizwan, Shadab, Haris Rauf, Naseem Shah and Imam ul haq. Now if the story was true that Babar wants all players to be represented by Saya Corporation, than why is Shadab and Haris Rauf represented by Insignia Sports Management which is an international company. Imam Ul haq, Inzi's nephew is represented by a company called Agent Haq, why isnt he represented by his own uncle's company than? If this was true, than the first guy that should be representing Saya should be Inzi's own nephew. Naseem Shah is represented by ICA.

2. There was alot of hue and cry that Babar did not select Abrar in the 15 man squad. Guess what, Abrar Ahmad is represented by Saya corporation. So if they are selected players in the final 15 than why wasn't Abrar selected in the final 15?

3. It is true, that the Agent or Sports Management company that represents the captain ends up bagging more player contracts. There is nothing wrong in this, the players want to be represented by the captains company or the captain will often refer the company/agent who represents him to the other players.

When Afrid was captain, ACE Management was representing Afridi, Anwar Ali, Ahmad Shezad and many of the Pakistan stars.

When Misbah was captain, he was represented by ICA of Moghees Ahmad, and ICA would end up representing Azhar Ali, Mohammad Hafeez and Sarfraz Ahmad.

Thing is, this whole case has blown out of proportions. There is an issue that needs to be concentrated on, but opportunist are trying to milk this and change the narrative, plus the chairman is further putting fuel to the fire.
Excellent research and very informative. Great post

What’s my promise?
That you would leave if they are not guilty. Afterall these are very serious allegations that you made( "I knew all along" etc) and you must have facts to back them up. As I said I believe they aren't corrupt but if they are then I feel its my head that should fall from this forum because I take responsibility for my posts.

So here we go:

Events that took place

THE ACTUAL ISSUE:

A few actual Facts:

Attachments

• IMG_8276.jpeg
    IMG_8276.jpeg
    341.5 KB · Views: 11
The first step to self-improvement is to be honest with yourself about your shortcomings and areas of improvement.

We are not good enough and we need to explore why. We have the human capital, we have the money and exposure (enough to assemble a quality cricket team).

We cannot be good enough until we accept that we are not good enough.

I don’t see this acceptance among the fans, the players, the media which is why I don’t see us improving.

It's because Pakistan cricket doesn't understand the story behind their success and failures.

I want to highlight this false perception about Pakistan's "rich history" of producing fast bowlers. But the reality is they have yet to produce a 200+ wicket taking fast bowler from anyone who was born in the 90s and 2000s.

Pakistan failed to produce many conventional swing bowlers who could wreak havoc against the top order with the new ball because historically they've always relied on reverse swing via ball tampering. In today's game you can't get away with that.

As a result, there's no one inside Pakistan who knows how to coach our bowlers when it comes to producing the goods at the start of an innings. We're now witnessing how this is impacting their bowlers in this World Cup, where our seamers haven't been great at producing wickets in the first 10 overs. Pakistan should prioritise conventional swing and seam bowling.

They've also stopped producing right arm off-spinners because they didn't know how to bowl without chucking.

This just goes to show that all this "Pakistan is the land of fast bowlers" is nothing more than a myth. If anything they're a bunch of con artists.

There's a reason why the likes of Saqlain and Waqar Younis have all failed as bowling coaches because they've all been living a lie. Waqar was the biggest beneficiary of ball tampering.

The acceptance is indeed the first step towards self-improvement however Pakistan cricket must assess and be objective about why bowling techniques from the past don't work in today's game.

Something is off with Saya corporation the Harvard mention does seem weird.

This is my first post here. I just read on this site today about Rizwan flying out to Nepal back in Feb to support Lamichanne after the rape allegations. How disturbing!

Before this past weekend, you would not find a bigger fan of Rizwan than me. Now, however, that has completely changed. Along with the Yazoo allegations, it feels sickening.

BTW, Saya still has Lamichanne (rapist) and Yasir Shah (paedophile) as their clients. Why don't they just cut ties?

So here we go:

Events that took place

THE ACTUAL ISSUE:

A few actual Facts:

Great summary

I don’t suspect the players of any wrong doing here, the ideas of conflict of interest and ethics of business practices are most likely lost on them.

I feel the agent here is the one who wanted to abuse their power and turn the team into a sort of mafia like entity. I hope they crush this practice and put in a stipulation or some manner of control around how many players can an agent represent.

I also believe all this would not be an issue if we had a proper PCA in Pakistan to represent and watch out for players.

This is my first post here. I just read on this site today about Rizwan flying out to Nepal back in Feb to support Lamichanne after the rape allegations. How disturbing!

Before this past weekend, you would not find a bigger fan of Rizwan than me. Now, however, that has completely changed. Along with the Yazoo allegations, it feels sickening.

BTW, Saya still has Lamichanne (rapist) and Yasir Shah (paedophile) as their clients. Why don't they just cut ties?
oh man, this is a point i forgot to add.

Yes, Saya represents Sandeep, and when the rape case happened, Rizwan flew to Nepal to do pr for Sandeep. That is when a few journalist took notice of this company and were not happy that Rizwan being used by his agent like this

I don’t suspect the players of any wrong doing here, the ideas of conflict of interest and ethics of business practices are most likely lost on them.

I feel the agent here is the one who wanted to abuse their power and turn the team into a sort of mafia like entity. I hope they crush this practice and put in a stipulation or some manner of control around how many players can an agent represent.

I also believe all this would not be an issue if we had a proper PCA in Pakistan to represent and watch out for players.
Rizwan is at massive fault here..

Back