[VIDEO] Conflict of Interest when the Chief Selector and certain players share the same business manager?

Rizwan is at massive fault here..
I dont have all the facts, so I am just sharing my opinion. What makes you think he is at fault? is it because his name is listed as one of the partners? I suspect thats why you said what you said.

I am not sure what Rizwan's level of education is, but for someone at that age with average or below average education usually has no idea or concept of business ethics ideas such as conflict of interest, which is why I said what I said. If he does, and willfully engaged in mafioso like tactics, of course, he is massively at fault so much so he should be banned from selection. But arriving at that conclusion would require a lot of investigation. I am not sure if the board has or had any laws in place for that sort of thing so unless he did something illegal, I dont know how you can hold him accountable and pass a summary judgment on him.

Luke Wright the chief selector of england cricket team is the owner of this company?
Where does it say that? Neil Fairbrother, long retired, is the Founder and MD of this Phoenix Mgmt company.

I don't know what the solution is. Phoenix has Stokes, Buttler, Root, Livingstone, and Crawley as current players amongst its clients. Clearly, they don't have a cap of 2-3 players. Zaka Ashraf says there should be a cap of 2-3 players.

How would a PCA help? Come up with a solution and hopefully someone with influence reading this will take it up.

From what I am reading, this has gone on for years with some elite retired players as well and obviously the board has been in the know of it all since the beginning. they may feign ignorance now but that is expected because of changing administrations.

The root of all evils here is the chaotic nature of the board leadership and political appointments as well as the lack of a proper PCA that watches out for the player rights.

I dont have all the facts, so I am just sharing my opinion. What makes you think he is at fault? is it because his name is listed as one of the partners? I suspect thats why you said what you said.

I am not sure what Rizwan's level of education is, but for someone at that age with average or below average education usually has no idea or concept of business ethics ideas such as conflict of interest, which is why I said what I said. If he does, and willfully engaged in mafioso like tactics, of course, he is massively at fault so much so he should be banned from selection. But arriving at that conclusion would require a lot of investigation. I am not sure if the board has or had any laws in place for that sort of thing so unless he did something illegal, I dont know how you can hold him accountable and pass a summary judgment on him.
Yes also what do you think is the reason he went to support Sandeep?

“Rizwan and Sandeep are represented by the same sports management company, Saya Corporation.“

A person accused of Rape but (acquitted) needed PR boost represented by same Pr company..
Well that is his prerogative, I am not seeing how this has anything to do with the topic at hand. Would I have done it?, probably not but this was not by any means illegal or immoral. We should always maintain the presumption of innocence till proven guilty. I also do not see how Rizwan meeting a fellow cricketer can be detrimental to the judicial process. He is not exactly dalai lama or the Pope. You know what I mean?

Where does it say that? Neil Fairbrother, long retired, is the Founder and MD of this Phoenix Mgmt company.

I don't know what the solution is. Phoenix has Stokes, Buttler, Root, Livingstone, and Crawley as current players amongst its clients. Clearly, they don't have a cap of 2-3 players. Zaka Ashraf says there should be a cap of 2-3 players.

How would a PCA help? Come up with a solution and hopefully someone with influence reading this will take it up.
There is no solution for the players. Zaka Ashraf has no idea of how things work.

What incentive would there be for anyone to set up a company to represent players if there is a cap of how many you can represent?

There is a simple solution in the case of the chief selector though.

There is no solution for the players. Zaka Ashraf has no idea of how things work.

What incentive would there be for anyone to set up a company to represent players if there is a cap of how many you can represent?

There is a simple solution in the case of the chief selector though.
I agree. There is no reason for the Chief selector to be part of a players management group. If he has business interests they should be managed by a separate entity than the one that deals with active current players. That is a clear conflict right there, no doubt.

Well that is his prerogative, I am not seeing how this has anything to do with the topic at hand. Would I have done it?, probably not but this was not by any means illegal or immoral. We should always maintain the presumption of innocence till proven guilty. I also do not see how Rizwan meeting a fellow cricketer can be detrimental to the judicial process. He is not exactly dalai lama or the Pope. You know what I mean?
True. I'm just saying I was a huge fan of him until I learned of his support for Sandeep. Agreed, that doesn't have anything to do with the conflict-of-interest inquiry.

But when the conflict-of-interest goes so deep as to strong-arming the selection process, that's wrong.

Some people say there's not enough talent in the country pointing to the seemingly empty reserves of spinners.

I disagree. There's plenty of talent. From a cricketing standpoint, PCB and the selectors have really messed up.

Imad Wasim is a Contract C player, yet not only wasn't picked for the national side, but also for the Asian Games side. Why not? It's not like the champions India had no players with international experience.

Abrar as a traveling reserve is pointless. He should have been played in ODIs a long time ago.

Or take a risk on x-factor and include Sufiyan Muqeem, who performed in the ACC Emerging tournament. Left arm wrist spinners are rare enough.

Even when people say we have no real finger-spinners, I disagree. They point to the quality of Keshav Maharaj. Maharaj has been a Test bowler since 2016, but had only played 7 ODIs before 2021. RSA management made him a white ball spinner.

We have a guy, Noman Ali, who took 7 wickets in an innings against the team that has a factory of left arm spinners (Sri Lanka) in his most recent Test. Noman Ali has over 100 List A wickets. Why has he never been picked for white ball cricket?

Kashif Bhatti (nearly 200), Raza Ali Dar (nearly 100), I could go on and on with spinners who never got rewarded for their performances in our domestic cricket. Selectors want to take credit for discovering the shiny new talent, not for rewarding the polished talent.
I agree. They blind us with that nonsense. You won’t try, you won’t find out if we have decent replacements or not.

Resignation whilst an investigation ongoing. Why resign if you know you are not guilty?…

By that standard the most honourable person would be Salman Butt who refused to resign his captaincy.

Often people resign because they don’t even like the hint of impropriety. I wouldn’t read it as negative.

In fact it could be an honourable thing to do, especially in the sub continent where people are forced out kicking and screaming from their positions and very few quit voluntarily.

Where is this written?

People have all sorts of business dealings? I have never heard of a clause called "A chief selector cannot be a partner in a company with a current cricketer"

If there is one such clause, please add the link here so I can stand corrected.
Every Contract Agreement be it Coach's Contract Agreement with The Board or Chief Selectors contract agreement with the Board has Conflict of Interest Clause.
Where the employed Party has to disclose potential Conflict of Interest. The caluse also defines what the conflict of interest menas in this Agreement for the particular job. If they dont declare and it is found of later the Contract agreement can be unilaterally terminated by the Board.

Its another matter if PCB dont execute such proper contract agreement with the people they employ
I dont know

Also Inzi confirmed in interview Yesterday that he was the one who was broker for the player and PCB to solve the issue Contract so it mean Zaka was really right that Inzi lobbied for some undeserving players to be A and B category and deserving player were demoted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also Inzi confirmed in interview Yesterday that he was the one who was broker for the player and PCB to solve the issue Contract so it mean Zaka was really right that Inzi lobbied for some undeserving players to be A and B category and deserving player were demoted.
na, as chief selector inzi decides which players gets what contract, that is what inzi was talking about

Guys

We have a whole thread on surrogate advertising and Govt ban on betting companies

Please discuss there.

As a cheif selector inzi had no business signing up with these agencies or having any sort of business relations with these agencies

Inzi only mentioned requesting Sarfraz from cat D to B. Players were already listed for contracts he just made them agree to terms.

He was not chief selector then
Then he should have resigned from the agency before becoming chief selector or should have not taken up the cheif selectors role

It's clear conflict of interest purposely done or unknowingly

He was fined for not co-operating which is nota bad thing as you did not want to stab your colleagues in the back.
So it's more important to be popular amongst your colleagues than to provide the truth in a criminal investigation??

That is a serious red flag.

He was fined for not co-operating which is nota bad thing as you did not want to stab your colleagues in the back.
What? He didn’t want to tell the truth? Just like he has done now and resigned instead of cooperating with the PCB?

If I were in the fact finding committee, I would love to have an honest and valid answer to why Inzimam is in partnership with Rizwan over a company that sells bikes helmets?

It makes absolutely no sense. None

News report:

Pakistan skipper Babar Azam has reportedly been shopping for his wedding next month amid the ongoing ODI World Cup in India. The 28-year-old is rumoured to be getting married in December, and as per multiple reports, Babar has been buying some expensive clothes and jewellery for his wedding.

According to a report from Arynews.tv, Babar has bought a sherwani worth INR 7 lakhs and he has also purchased expensive jewellery from India. Recently, Babar’s teammate Shaheen Shah Afridi had gotten married to Shahid Afridi’s daughter before the ODI World Cup.

The number-ranked ODI batter is set to tie the knot after the World Cup, and thus, he is using the time in India to do all the necessary wedding shopping.

ICC World Cup: Schedule | Results | Points Table | Most Runs | Most Wickets

“Babar Azam’s wedding is scheduled to take place at the end of this year, making the timing of his extravagant purchase all the more unexpected,” a report stated.

And the denial:

b6rtIE6.png

Last edited:
If I were in the fact finding committee, I would love to have an honest and valid answer to why Inzimam is in partnership with Rizwan over a company that sells bikes helmets?

It makes absolutely no sense. None

The fact-finding committee for a start should be an independent commission not formed from interested parties!

The fact-finding committee for a start should be an independent commission not formed from interested parties!
Sir just see carefully the interview of Inzi. First, he was OK to resign and he seemed to be very relaxed when he interviewed Afridi on the day of resign either he was acting to be clam or something really went north from south for him after resigning because he very pissed at PCB. It is premature from him to say i will not attend any meeting if they fact finding committee summon me and he clearly give him self a clean chit in the interview and said that i will not cooperate one bit with board now and i will not become a selector again. However, He said on the resign day that if PCB call me again and fact finding committee give me clean chit i will join again as a chief selector. So, it basically mean that Fact Finding has found something against him and that he felt that he has to say things in the interview.

It let’s say Javed Miandad was in partnership with Umar Akmal and Mazhar Majeed for a tyre selling company registered in UK…would you not want this scrutinised?

It let’s say Javed Miandad was in partnership with Umar Akmal and Mazhar Majeed for a tyre selling company registered in UK…would you not want this scrutinised?

Think you missed my point.

I am saying don't ask people who have a vested interest in the outcome of this investigation to investigate this issue

Get an independent commission like someone from E&Y - gives it more credence.

Think you missed my point.

I am saying don't ask people who have a vested interest in the outcome of this investigation to investigate this issue

Get an independent commission like someone from E&Y - gives it more credence.
I’ve been saying this from day 1. They need a proper, independent law firm to investigate this the way Yorkshire hired one to investigate their internal racism allegations

In a significant development, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has decided to review its policy regarding player agents each of whom will now have a maximum of two to three players at a time as their corporate clients.

Player agents in the present corporate world manage the terms and conditions for signing on behalf of players all kinds of agreements with T20 leagues or advertising companies.

The issue of player agents arose recently when the PCB came to know that eight players of Pakistan’s national team had only one agent Talha Rahmani, working under SAYA Corporation, which also had previous chief selector Inzamam-ul-Haq as one of its directors, which forced it to review the policy.

According to sources, the PCB has considered restricting the number of players to two or minimum to three to have the same agent. The PCB reckons if eight players get affiliated with one agent, it will be easy for their agents to involve them in wrong practices such as match-fixing and spot-fixing etc.

Former Pakistan captain Inzamam had to resign during this year’s 50-over World Cup after the issue of player agents surfaced as the PCB claimed that was conflict of interest.

However, it is learnt that the work on the review is going at a snail’s pace as the player power is not happy at the PCB move.

Moreover, the players and some officials in the incumbent PCB believe the Board’s Interim Management Committee chairman Zaka Ashraf has little time left in office as his second tenure which is non-extendable, according to the prime minister’s notification issued on Nov 4 for a three-month period is ending on Feb 3. Therefore, they are not taking this review regarding player agents seriously.

Source: Dawn

In a significant development, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has decided to review its policy regarding player agents each of whom will now have a maximum of two to three players at a time as their corporate clients.

Player agents in the present corporate world manage the terms and conditions for signing on behalf of players all kinds of agreements with T20 leagues or advertising companies.

The issue of player agents arose recently when the PCB came to know that eight players of Pakistan’s national team had only one agent Talha Rahmani, working under SAYA Corporation, which also had previous chief selector Inzamam-ul-Haq as one of its directors, which forced it to review the policy.

According to sources, the PCB has considered restricting the number of players to two or minimum to three to have the same agent. The PCB reckons if eight players get affiliated with one agent, it will be easy for their agents to involve them in wrong practices such as match-fixing and spot-fixing etc.

Former Pakistan captain Inzamam had to resign during this year’s 50-over World Cup after the issue of player agents surfaced as the PCB claimed that was conflict of interest.

However, it is learnt that the work on the review is going at a snail’s pace as the player power is not happy at the PCB move.

Moreover, the players and some officials in the incumbent PCB believe the Board’s Interim Management Committee chairman Zaka Ashraf has little time left in office as his second tenure which is non-extendable, according to the prime minister’s notification issued on Nov 4 for a three-month period is ending on Feb 3. Therefore, they are not taking this review regarding player agents seriously.

Finally something sensible from these clowns

good news

hope the next PCB chairman will keep the same stance, cant let these tom dick and harry agents interfere with Pakistan cricket for their own personal gains

Well it's been over a month now but still PCB has not come clean regarding the inquiry initiated against former Chief Selector Inzamam ul Haq more than a month ago. When will they furnish the findings of that inquiry or would it be just another bogus inquiry that do will die out eventually with time?

And now the captain and VC are represented by the same management in T20

Answering a question about Saya Corporation, Former PCB Chairman Zaka Ashraf said during a media talk:

“The PCB should make the report public as it is not good that so many players are attached with only one company,”

Answering a question about Saya Corporation, Former PCB Chairman Zaka Ashraf said during a media talk:

“The PCB should make the report public as it is not good that so many players are attached with only one company,”
What the hell this baba jee was doing during his tenure.. why didnt he bother to make that report public when he was the chairman. :D

What the hell this baba jee was doing during his tenure.. why didnt he bother to make that report public when he was the chairman. :D
Too scared

They’ve found something which they are too scared to go public with

Yes, they are all culprits. Nobody really wants to disclose that report because they must all be part of it somehow.
Don’t think Zaka is. Someone, somewhere knew what’s going on in the PCB before him. I have a feeling the names involved are too big.

Former Pakistan cricketer Sarfraz Nawaz in an interview:

"Did Chairman PCB Mohsin Naqvi obtain permission from the cricket board before signing contracts with Talha Group and Inzamam Group? If not, cancel the central contracts immediately."

The PCB is investigating a potential conflict of interest involving an HR official who submitted a bid for billboard advertising. The official initially denied involvement but later admitted it.

The board has established a committee to investigate and will take action based on the findings. The PCB is also investigating a former director who allegedly awarded contracts to his own companies. The board is committed to transparency and will not make public comments during the investigation.

The PCB is investigating a potential conflict of interest involving an HR official who submitted a bid for billboard advertising. The official initially denied involvement but later admitted it.

The board has established a committee to investigate and will take action based on the findings. The PCB is also investigating a former director who allegedly awarded contracts to his own companies. The board is committed to transparency and will not make public comments during the investigation.
This has gone under the radar. Wow just wow. Sums up the state of PCB.

Back