[VIDEO] Fawad Alam's fielding - Appreciation Thread

*sallu*

Senior T20I Player
Runs
Post of the Week
This guy has been amazing yet again today

I think we should have a thread dedicated to his superb fielding efforts

Brilliant fielder. And one wonders why he can't use the same skills (watching the ball, anticipating, making quick decisions) while batting. When he is batting, he tries to play three strokes on one delivery!

Brilliant fielder. And one wonders why he can't use the same skills (watching the ball, anticipating, making quick decisions) while batting.

Yes, an ODI average over 40 together with a decent strike rate and he can't bat

Brilliant fielder. And one wonders why he can't use the same skills (watching the ball, anticipating, making quick decisions) while batting. When he is batting, he tries to play three strokes on one delivery!

Because he doesn't wear helmet while fielding )

The first thing every coach or captain says is we need improve our fielding but i have watched for 2 decades and there has been no improvement, mostly getting worse each year. Fielding improvement will take place with proper coaching and practice at a young age. Fawad you have shown that it can be done.

Fawad Alam has a 168 to his name in test cricket. Give him time, once he cements his spot he will go from strength to strength.

Yes, an ODI average over 40 together with a decent strike rate and he can't bat
What he does on the crease can be called a lot of things but it can't be called batting.

Khelta wo hai aur sharam mujhe aati hai.

Testimony that Fawad has been good

Rameez actually praises a Pakistani player, "Fawad has been electric at point"

Sallu avg of 40 is pathetic considering benchmark for greatness is avg of 23.89.
Back to the topic this guy is amazing by Pakistan standards.

Sallu avg of 40 is pathetic considering benchmark for greatness is avg of 23.89.
Back to the topic this guy is amazing by Pakistan standards.

What he does on the crease can be called a lot of things but it can't be called batting.

Same can be said about Afridi

Both have given results of late and thats what matters

Sharam ati hai :malik ko fast bowler khelte hue dekh kar

Great stuff from Fawad. I think he needs to be a permanent in that point region - will easily save us plenty of runs

Fawad net contribution in this match has been whatever hes scored plus the 10 odd runs he saved in the field

He looked sharp in the field and he always wanted the ball. Fawad Alam is a fairly athletic fielder, and offers pace too which not many Pakistani players have in terms of fielding. I think he's one of the fielders which I can rely on and expect him to take his catches cleanly.

average of over 40 and he still has no fans from the pcb. This guy is good, give him time....

Good allround player...

Good to have an electric fielder, right up there with the best. Azhar Ali was on for a bit, he's very safe too.

I was counting. He saved around 18-20 runs. (Give or take)

He really is a good player. Gives it all. A true fighter. Its just sad that some people can't realise the effort he puts in day in and day out. I don't care how he looks, when batting. I just know, that he is making runs consistently.

he was the best fielder today by a mile
even better then collingwodd
hats off to fawad. he is a very commited and promising cricketer

Catch of the Match by Fadi, getting Strauss at the right time, thank God Butta wasnt there, he would have dropped it, and Fawad also saved at least 20-30 runs with his fielding.
Never ever drop Fawad again from any Pakistan team, he is the fittest in the team. You make us proud Fawad, well done mashaallah.

Last edited:
Should practice fielding in the slips, that way he'll become indispensable in the test side

Just think, with this One Day series, hes all but cemented his spot in the One Day side

his batting avg is highest for this series in our team. (saw the graphic during today's game)

he also has played some good stable partnerships which have taken our team into the late overs where afridi/razzaq/akmal could come in.

he was good today, he is good fielder

the overall fielding was good today. Yousuf took a brilliant catch, as did Azhar Ali

good fielding is contagious .... so is bad fielding

after each out each player (especially afridi) had great relief expressions on their face as well as joy

Last edited:
He was electric.

Should give some of the other lads a lesson on fielding. They could learn a thing or two from him. He tends to anticipate the ball extremely well and that is the key to any successful fielding attempt.

A must in the side for us.

His celebrations when he catches one are unique.

Just throws the ball away in disdain.

Don't think he knows the rules about giving the ball back to the umpire once a batsman has been dismissed.

i am fawad's fan. His batting style makes me smile that he is very workman like batsman. We are too use to flashy / talented yet un discipline players. Fawad is breath of fresh air where he is trying to apply himself to get better results. I hope Pak give him good run at Test cricket.

I realize that he may not be a good fit for T20 however. Not, until he hits the gym and get some muscles on his structure.

After watching him against the spinners, I am surprised how he managed to score 150+ against SL.

From his unique style it seems that he used to play "gulli-danda" a lot in his earlier yrs.

After watching him against the spinners, I am surprised how he managed to score 150+ against SL.

From his unique style it seems that he used to play "gulli-danda" a lot in his earlier yrs.
:))) :))) :)))

Good one.

his main problem is attempting square of the wicket shots regardless of the length of the ball. he shud try and hit down the ground. will realise with time.

Hats of to you FAWAD ALAM> great fielding and really lifted the team with his heroics in the field. was good with the bat aswell. He really brings a lot to the team. should stick with the team. he is the future along with asad shafiq, umer akmal and others.

The kid was on fire yesterday - absolutely brilliant stuff! :14:

His batting leaves a lot to be desired, but that's also because some other batsmen are not doing their job. Within his limitation, he's delivering as a batsman, though he sure looks very weird whilst doing it.

A naturally gifted and electric fielder, but sadly, a clumsy-looking batsman.

Great fielder, he'll be a great all around asset great if he works on his batting

The fact of the matter is that he is surviving against swann and using up most of his overs, shielding rest of the players.

I'm sure against any other side he will be able to bat much more freely then he is currently

he is a better player in all format and all department than ur match fixer boy malik..

the guy is pure class.. i see him and umar akmal as the future of pak middle order..add talented guys like shafiq and azhar to that batting.. pakistan got some potential talent to look forward..

ok.....so change his label then...he plays in team as FIELDER....he is the only crickter in the world so far to do so..cos he is pthetic in other two departments

ok.....so change his label then...he plays in team as FIELDER....he is the only crickter in the world so far to do so..cos he is pthetic in other two departments

um he has our highest batting average this series, second highest batting avg against australia in australia, and overall ODI avg of over 40.

man if thats pathetic i'd like to see your tape ball averages !

The kid was on fire yesterday - absolutely brilliant stuff! :14:

His batting leaves a lot to be desired, but that's also because some other batsmen are not doing their job. Within his limitation, he's delivering as a batsman, though he sure looks very weird whilst doing it.

A naturally gifted and electric fielder, but sadly, a clumsy-looking batsman.

With both Test and ODI average of over 40 he is one of the best batsmen of the past two years. What are we talking about criticising his batting. If I were the selector I would play him in all formats just for his fielding!!!!

The stats don't agree with you

stats are not the ultimate method to rate the quality of a player

his last 4 classical innings are enuff evidence for me that we shud be looking for a replacement. The way he gets out is pthetic. His strike rate has been poor to say the least. His inability to hit the big shot is a big question why he is playing in T20 or ODIs.
but we know why

Khelta wo hai aur sharam mujhe aati hai.

With both ODI and Test average of over 40 he has been our best batsman of the past two years. Do not understand why some people on this forum are so biased!!!!

With both ODI and Test average of over 40 he has been our best batsman of the past two years. Do not understand why some people on this forum are so biased!!!!

if our team was selected on Merit.. Fawad Alam would have been Captain:ibutt

I have to say I was impressed with his fielding yesterday, his stops piled pressure onto England, and played a big part in us winning, dare I say.

If Fawad could be a little more useful with the ball, we could finally get rid of useless Hafeez forever.

May be Pakistan should follow the Shoaib Mohammad example with Fawad Alam: Make him the 12th man and use him as a substitute fielder when Pakistan is fielding.

May be Pakistan should follow the Shoaib Mohammad example with Fawad Alam: Make him the 12th man and use him as a substitute fielder when Pakistan is fielding.

except that hes been our most consistant batsman in his last 2 one day series (Australia and England)

Since the Australia tour, these are Fawad's scores

33, 21, 63, 39, 20*, 64, 29

Enough said

Note that these are quality bowling attacks

Last edited:
he is a better player in all format and all department than ur match fixer boy malik..

the guy is pure class.. i see him and umar akmal as the future of pak middle order..add talented guys like shafiq and azhar to that batting.. pakistan got some potential talent to look forward..

Nothing against Fawad...but it's embarrassing to watch him bat.
10 out of 10 for trying though...

Nothing against Fawad...but it's embarrassing to watch him bat.
10 out of 10 for trying though...

Who cares how he looks, if hes scoring runs, thats all that matters

Do you know whats really embarrasing to watch? Shoaib Malik trying to pull a genuine fast bowler

like a cat on a hot tin roof! ZABARDAST fielding!

He just can't play spinners.horrible to eyes.

Hey plays spin a lot better than Malik plays pace. Malik is an absolute bunny against anyone bowling upward of 75 mph. Even the slower balls from a genuine quick are too much for him.

Fawad to his credit at least sticks it out against spin. Also, please note that Swann is a high quality spinner who has caused ALL the Pakistan batsmen trouble this summer. No shame in not being able to play him well.

He got to add some pounds and muscle. He is too skinny and look dehydrated. Same goes for Asad Shafiq.........he lookds like 4"11 midget.

He does not play fast bowlers well either.Malik is a better fielder,bowler and batsman,miles better than fawad.

Top class fielding by Fawad!

As Michael Slater said, "Sound the Fawad Alam!!!" :14:

I think it was Mark Nicholas? Or maybe I'm wrong.

Anyways. This guy is pure class in the field. Saved upto atleast 10/15 runs yesterday and took a good catch to get rid of Strauss. Afridi's got him in the right position too. Perfect fielder to have at point.
His batting hasn't been too bad either. Grafted along in all the games and got decent scores for the team.

I been to leeds and Lords odis me and my mates just kept talking about his fielding he moves so quickly when ball is coming to him and relese it even quicker from his hands, he also stops so many balls from going to four

As a matter of fact some white people on seat behind were saying Pakistan is fielding better than england because of Fawad alam

I been to leeds and Lords odis me and my mates just kept talking about his fielding he moves so quickly when ball is coming to him and relese it even quicker from his hands, he also stops so many balls from going to four

As a matter of fact some white people on seat behind were saying Pakistan is fielding better than england because of Fawad alam

Nice to hear locals appreciating his fielding skills. :fawad

Pakistan feilders top 10 at the moment.

1, Fawad
2, Asad
3, Umar Akmal
4, Hafeez
5, Kamran
6, Azhar
7, Afridi
8, Gul
9, Akhtar
10, Ajmal