[VIDEO] India vs New Zealand: Crowd chants ‘Pakistan Murdabad’ during 1st day’s play in Kanpur

That's was racist , don't change goal post as you said india needs to Stop racism but Pakistan caption itself used that language so don't single out only india as racism is all world problems .btw im not defending anyone here.

No denying that, but was it hateful and disdainful as this current incident?

Did Pakistan sever ties with SA for a decade and more just like India has with Pakistan? Did Pakistan not sign black players in the PSL and give those black players The most respect and love? Whereas India has not considered any Pakistani player in the IPL since 2008. So don’t try to use a minuscule incident of racism by a Pakistani to equate the decades of hate, racism and disdain India has displayed against Pakistan!

To be honest, this is the first time I'm hearing about such an incident. Even in the video, the bloke goes "Pakistan murdabad" but I'm not sure, but I heard something like "Zinadabad Zindabad" more.. I'm certainly not generalising.

But [MENTION=76058]cricketjoshila[/MENTION] and [MENTION=152021]Rajdeep[/MENTION] are the only ones who are saying such chants are very common in Indian stadia, which is again news to me.

How many matches have you watched outside Chennai?

Yes, anti pakistan sloganeering is quite common in Indian stadiums and there is no law that stops Indians from that.

Really disgusting behavior from those fans. They should be banned from attending any matches in the future if possible.

Lol imagine banning fans in India for chanting Pakistan murdabad. Those who have banned them will be exiled and maybe lynched in public.

No denying that, but was it hateful and disdainful as this current incident?

Did Pakistan sever ties with SA for a decade and more just like India has with Pakistan? Did Pakistan not sign black players in the PSL and give those black players The most respect and love? Whereas India has not considered any Pakistani player in the IPL since 2008. So don’t try to use a minuscule incident of racism by a Pakistani to equate the decades of hate, racism and disdain India has displayed against Pakistan!

Majority of Indians dont view pakistan favourably and thats the truth. No amount of sugar coating by some posters on PP or few liberals of Lutyens is going to change that fact. Of course there are some individual exceptions.

So if you dont like someone you stay away from him.

How many matches have you watched outside Chennai?

Yes, anti pakistan sloganeering is quite common in Indian stadiums and there is no law that stops Indians from that.

I've not watched any, but I'm pretty sure it would be uncommon in Kerala or AP/Telengana. Perhaps it might have happened at the Chinnaswamy, but then again, Bangalore has a pan indian population.

Supporting racism and hate

Don’t expect anything else from Indian fans.

If you are trying to say that Indians, atleast the majority dont like pakistan, then there is no argument to that. Its true.

Majority of Indians dont view pakistan favourably and thats the truth. No amount of sugar coating by some posters on PP or few liberals of Lutyens is going to change that fact. Of course there are some individual exceptions.

So if you dont like someone you stay away from him.

So India is not fit to host international events?

I've not watched any, but I'm pretty sure it would be uncommon in Kerala or AP/Telengana. Perhaps it might have happened at the Chinnaswamy, but then again, Bangalore has a pan indian population.

Have heard it in Bangalore. Even Hyderabad.

Never been to Kerala so cant say.

Chennai and Tamils ofcourse wont shout hindi or urdu slogans, but they dont allow lankans into TN.

I once attended a match in Guwahati, India vs Lanka and anti pakistan sloganeering was there as well. May be [MENTION=90888]Itachi[/MENTION] and [MENTION=133315]Hitman[/MENTION] can confirm if they have heard the same.

Just 2 people arguing and stating the same things over and over again.

Let's hear some more opinions.

Because Indians dont like pakistan, India should not hold international events? Lol

You were revoked by the IOC

No wonder BCCI doesn’t support cricket as an Olympic sport. Cricket is the only sport in the world where you can buy out the organising board. Straight fact. Everywhere else, India falls in line.

Have heard it in Bangalore. Even Hyderabad.

Never been to Kerala so cant say.

Chennai and Tamils ofcourse wont shout hindi or urdu slogans, but they dont allow lankans into TN.

I once attended a match in Guwahati, India vs Lanka and anti pakistan sloganeering was there as well. May be [MENTION=90888]Itachi[/MENTION] and [MENTION=133315]Hitman[/MENTION] can confirm if they have heard the same.

I don't think having Lankan players in Chennai would receive any attention now, the sentiments were high of course at the height of the post civil war situation. Heck, a Sri Lankan female singer whose song became viral in India was in Chennai recently.

Just 2 people arguing and stating the same things over and over again.

Let's hear some more opinions.

My opinion is, where are the authorities to stop this behavior in the stadium itself?

Do they not realize that this is racist?

How is this even a thing in 'largest democracy in the world'

where is the punishment and disciplining?

I would understand pakistan playing in the stadium but they arent...

You were revoked by the IOC

No wonder BCCI doesn’t support cricket as an Olympic sport. Cricket is the only sport in the world where you can buy out the organising board. Straight fact. Everywhere else, India falls in line.

IOC asked that India give visas to pakistani athletes, as India had stopped giving visas to all pakistanis. India later agreed to give visas to pakistani athletes for international sporting events. And India continues to hold international events.

When Bcci organizes a ICC tournament pakistanis get visa.

Visa is a different issue.

But how is all this related to anti pakistan sloganeering? No one is going to stop that. And no one is going to stop international events in India because of that.

So India is not fit to host international events?

Lol this is not funny anymore. Indian public ( not all ) seen Pakistan as a enemy State ( don't go why becouse every one know including you) and vice versa . That's doesn't mean india is not fit to host international events. When any national team players( including Pakistan) came to india to play any sports its government duty to provide them security so they are anyways safe . BTW Pakistan is last country who can talk about this type of statement knowing International cricketer were directly attacked by Terrorist.

Last edited:
I don't think having Lankan players in Chennai would receive any attention now, the sentiments were high of course at the height of the post civil war situation. Heck, a Sri Lankan female singer whose song became viral in India was in Chennai recently.

Lankan players didn't play in IPL matches in Chennai.

BIMARU gonna BIMARU.

Not every crowd can be as cool as Chennai 1999.

My opinion is, where are the authorities to stop this behavior in the stadium itself?

Do they not realize that this is racist?

How is this even a thing in 'largest democracy in the world'

where is the punishment and disciplining?

I would understand pakistan playing in the stadium but they arent...

Punishment for being anti pakistan? They will have to jail most of the country then.

Why were they chanting about Pakistan during an Ind-NZ game? That's absurd.

Murdabad or zindabad, that's just so surprising.

Why is the ground so full of smoke, can't hardly see the play. Is it pollution or is it foggy there? Test cricket would sell much better if the environment was clean and attractive. You can't enjoy watching like this. Look how clear the views are in Australia and England.

ICC should ban india from hosting games.

Same stance is in football, with host being fined or banned from having crowds.

There is nothing racist about this. Saying Murdabad is not racist.

Your hatred for Pakistan is amazing I must say
You must have a really small brain and a dark heart. Of course it's racist having friendly banter is one thing, but death to a country is racist. Funny thing is you never hear this in Pakistani stadiums. It just shows the small thinking you and those Indian fans have.

I notice joshila bhai has ignored this point while he's still continuing to deflect that it's not racism.

It is hate speech, and should be looked at by the ICC on those grounds. The world is evolving, if racism is no longer acceptable, then stuff like this needs to be stamped out as well if cricket is going to be taken seriously as a sport.

Nah, let them get on with it, and show the world what a great bunch of fans they are and what a welcoming and friendly country it is.

There is nothing racist about this. Saying Murdabad is not racist.

It is absurd, crass, and funny.

So, fans are chanting "Pakistan murdabad" during a game between India and NZ? LOL!

It shows insecurity of these fans more than anything.

I think someone needs to contact the ICC.

This is just unacceptable. There is literally no justification for it.

The ICC is the BCCI's mule, you might as well go and talk to the walls.

Unacceptable. The hecklers should have been thrown out of the cricket ground. But on a funnier note, maybe the crowd was too drunk to realize India was playing NZ not Pakistan!

Last edited:
Let them be.

Puts bad light on them.

Lets not waste our energy over this.

Pakistan is not seen favourably by most Indians and thats the unfortunate truth. ICC UNSC any court is not going to poke its nose into this.

No one is saying Indians have to view Pakistan favourably, but they could protest in a suitable manner if they really aren't interested in the cricket match between India and NZ itself. "Down with Pakistan" or "Shame on Pakistan" for example would probably not raise eyebrows that much.

"Death to Pakistan" chants are hate speech, and should be treated as such. ICC can bury it's head in the sand only for so long, then the world comes crashing in like it did for Yorkshire CC.

What else do you expect from the blood enemy? lol at some snowflakes in this thread.

Your hatred for Pakistan is amazing I must say
You must have a really small brain and a dark heart. Of course it's racist having friendly banter is one thing, but death to a country is racist. Funny thing is you never hear this in Pakistani stadiums. It just shows the small thinking you and those Indian fans have.

The hate didn't just start. It was shimmering. Look at your ministers, cricketers etc. How about statements like Islam has won and Indian muslims have won. Rizwan / Hindu saga in the stadium. Please look at yourselves first,

The hate didn't just start. It was shimmering. Look at your ministers, cricketers etc. How about statements like Islam has won and Indian muslims have won. Rizwan / Hindu saga in the stadium. Please look at yourselves first,

Concentrate.

We are talking about fans in a stadium.

When your opponent is throwing dirt on itself, just let it be.

There is no need for you to pick up the shovel and throw dirt at them as well.

And say what to the ICC?

anti pakistan sloganeering has happened at the CWG, Hockey World cup, Davis cups etc. No one bothered.

No one will be able to stop any anti pakistan sloganeering in India.

It’s their country they are on their own land they can whatever they want nothing surprising about it. Also this is what Afridi meant by chotey dil but how look how Pakistan obsessed they are we ain’t even in the picture but we’re always on their minds

I sometimes wonder what is the expectation of PP posters. They have issues when Indian cricketers support the Indian Armed forces or Priyanka Chopra supported the Indian Army.

They keep having issues with Modi being elected.

Now the issue if anti pakistan sloganeering.

At the same time we have pakistani cricketers supporting their army and pakistani stand on kashmir. And many other anti Indian issues.

Pakistan should lodge a protest with ICC. If we can have kneel downs for Black lives matter than how can this be tolerated during International cricket matches

Chanting this during a test match between India and NZ?

There's no better example than this of Pakistan living rent-free in their minds. :))

Pakistan should lodge a protest with ICC. If we can have kneel downs for Black lives matter than how can this be tolerated during International cricket matches

No one can stop these slogans. No one. And no one will step into a indo pak issue.

I sometimes wonder what is the expectation of PP posters. They have issues when Indian cricketers support the Indian Armed forces or Priyanka Chopra supported the Indian Army.

They keep having issues with Modi being elected.

Now the issue if anti pakistan sloganeering.

At the same time we have pakistani cricketers supporting their army and pakistani stand on kashmir. And many other anti Indian issues.
Lets assume a scenario. Indian football fans start chanting Pakistan murdabad in a football match in India. What will fifa do? You and me both know the answer.

Lets assume a scenario. Indian football fans start chanting Pakistan murdabad in a football match in India. What will fifa do? You and me both know the answer.

Fifa will do jack.

Try to find the video of Argentina vs Venezuela friendly in kolkata. You will be able to hear the slogans.

India and pakistan are in a state of constant conflict and Fifa isnt going to get into that.

BIMARU gonna BIMARU.

Not every crowd can be as cool as Chennai 1999.
The same crowd who doesn't allow Srilankan players to play an IPL match?

Low standards.

But you surely get one brownie point for supporting Pakistan on a pakistani forum. +1.

That's just weird to do in a random test match. If you hate us so be it. But there are so many other avenues to show it then at a random test match?

It's no different really to England fans singing about 'German bombers' and 'No surrender to the IRA'. Not sure if the IRA song has been sung at cricket - more of a football chant - but German bombers certainly has been sung at cricket.

Whats more bothering is the indian poster who is here defending this hate speech as if its a normal thing to do.

These are the same indians that whine about apu depicting them on simpsons

Fifa will do jack.

Try to find the video of Argentina vs Venezuela friendly in kolkata. You will be able to hear the slogans.

India and pakistan are in a state of constant conflict and Fifa isnt going to get into that.

Joshila bhai once again muddying the waters by implying that just because it is commonplace in India, it is either not a big deal or it is not OK. It really doesn't matter if it's commonplace, doesn't make it OK. Can't say you would be saying the same thing if things were reversed.

What is your own personal stance? Should this have happened?

And when Indians tell others they don't care about Pakistan, please just watch this video. This is a match that doesn't even have anything to do with Pakistan, lmao.

I am not suprised by what these indian fans did for several reasons.

1) Indians general public, have a hatred for Pakistan and Muslims, in general I am saying, not everyone is like that over thier, but their is a big number of hatred.

2) India is so obsessed with Pakistan, we have seen so many times, I dont agree with these chants, but if it was Pakistan vs India, match, and these chants were going on you can understand, but for love of God this is India vs New Zealand. New Zealand has nothing to do with Pakistan haha

3) This is a common fact Indians, are still upset about 1947. My advice, accept the defeat, we became our own country and just move forward, and focus on yourself thank you.

Your one to talk all the hatred started from India, since 1947 you guys wont leave us alone. Look how many stupid statements come from your ministers, religious leaders, actors, and cricketers as well. The faster you accept 1947 and focus on your own country the better it will be for. Dont worry about us, worry about yourself

Joshila bhai once again muddying the waters by implying that just because it is commonplace in India, it is either not a big deal or it is not OK. It really doesn't matter if it's commonplace, doesn't make it OK. Can't say you would be saying the same thing if things were reversed.

What is your own personal stance? Should this have happened?

I am neutral on this. Personally i won't involve myself in such sloganeering, at the same time if someone does, i am not going to be bothered about it.

I am not suprised by what these indian fans did for several reasons.

1) Indians general public, have a hatred for Pakistan and Muslims, in general I am saying, not everyone is like that over thier, but their is a big number of hatred.

2) India is so obsessed with Pakistan, we have seen so many times, I dont agree with these chants, but if it was Pakistan vs India, match, and these chants were going on you can understand, but for love of God this is India vs New Zealand. New Zealand has nothing to do with Pakistan haha

3) This is a common fact Indians, are still upset about 1947. My advice, accept the defeat, we became our own country and just move forward, and focus on yourself thank you.

1. Keep Pakistan and Muslims separate. Pakistan isn't equal to muslims. There were no anti islam slogans. The attempt by pakistanis to equalize everything thats anti pakistani to anti muslim doesn't work.

2. Indians are not upset about 1947. Majority may feel that it is past and thats ok. But pakistan keeps talking about Gujarat riots, Babri Masjid, CAA, NRC etc which has nothing to do with Pakistan. Then the constant rants about Modi BJP RSS etc. These are official statements by Pakistan government. Why doesn't pakistan move forward and focus on itself rather than talk about India.

Your one to talk all the hatred started from India, since 1947 you guys wont leave us alone. Look how many stupid statements come from your ministers, religious leaders, actors, and cricketers as well. The faster you accept 1947 and focus on your own country the better it will be for. Dont worry about us, worry about yourself

Why does pakistan talk about Babri Masjid or Gujarat riots or Modi or BJP or RSS or CAA or NRC or any Indian issues?

Is it because the 1947 partition didn't give pakistan the amount of resources it had dreamed about?

As soon as Pakistan stops poking its nose in Indian issues, Indians will do the same.

I am neutral on this. Personally i won't involve myself in such sloganeering, at the same time if someone does, i am not going to be bothered about it.

You're not bothered by hate speech? Thought you had higher standards than this man!

Is it surprising though? The country is run by a jingoistic maniac and the awaam feeds on the extremist rhetoric.

Pakistan isn't even playing on the field but still plays in the minds of these folks. :)))

1. Keep Pakistan and Muslims separate. Pakistan isn't equal to muslims. There were no anti islam slogans. The attempt by pakistanis to equalize everything thats anti pakistani to anti muslim doesn't work.

2. Indians are not upset about 1947. Majority may feel that it is past and thats ok. But pakistan keeps talking about Gujarat riots, Babri Masjid, CAA, NRC etc which has nothing to do with Pakistan. Then the constant rants about Modi BJP RSS etc. These are official statements by Pakistan government. Why doesn't pakistan move forward and focus on itself rather than talk about India.

Pakistan was founded based on Islam, and is a muslim state, yes we have other people of other religions in our country, and they are free to live their because Pakistan is their home, but at the end of the day, its a majority Muslim nation, and it is founded based on Islam, and is known as the Islamic republic of Pakistan. The hatred of Pakistan is directed to the Muslim population of Pakistan dont fool yourself, and say Indians hate Sikh Pakistanis or Hindu Pakistanis, its not the case, their hatred is towards the Muslims population of Pakistan.

At the same time, look at your own ministers, actors, cricketers, how they talk about Pakistan, and always up in our business. Majority of Indians I have spoken too are upset about 1947, so do not say they moved on from that because we both know that is a lie

There is a reason why BCCI does not invite Pakistan for bilateral or IPL it is simply because the environment is not safe enough for Pakistani cricketers. Never seen so much extremism in sports than the Indian fans.

It's no different really to England fans singing about 'German bombers' and 'No surrender to the IRA'. Not sure if the IRA song has been sung at cricket - more of a football chant - but German bombers certainly has been sung at cricket.

Those chants or songs were from decades ago, just like England fans used to sing "I would rather be a Pa*i than a Turk" when playing against England. That would never be tolerated today. Just because it was okay 20 years ago, doesn't mean that it is acceptable today.

The Pakistan supporting Indian fans should come into the ground and start chanting 'Pakistan Zindabad!'

Fifa will do jack.

What a clownish statement just like all of your statements on this thread. What did FIFA do to Scotland (SFA) after the Scottish fans jeered the Israeli national anthem??

Absolutely disgusting stuff. They should be banned from entering the stadium.

Pathetic stuff from some Kanpuriyas. However not surprising in the least though.

Back