[VIDEO] India vs New Zealand: Crowd chants ‘Pakistan Murdabad’ during 1st day’s play in Kanpur

And say what to the ICC?

anti pakistan sloganeering has happened at the CWG, Hockey World cup, Davis cups etc. No one bothered.

No one will be able to stop any anti pakistan sloganeering in India.

How many ICC Touenaments are India expected to host in the next 8-10 years?

How safe are the Pakistan players going to be playing India?

I think this is the right time to highlight this to the ICC. Governing bodies (domestic or national) are under huge pressure to root out racism and hate slogans fron sporting grounds and I would be surprised if the ICC didn't take notice of what occurred today in a game that didn't even involve Pakistan

Bans should be in place This is disgusting behaviour
Hate speech and shouting death to a country cannot be tolerated

This begs the question regarding the Pakistan's team safety and security when they eventually do play in India at ICC tournaments.

How safe will they be at some venues? Will they need extra security? Can the authorities provide the Pakistan players with the necessary levels of security?

Majority of Indians dont view pakistan favourably and thats the truth. No amount of sugar coating by some posters on PP or few liberals of Lutyens is going to change that fact. Of course there are some individual exceptions.

So if you dont like someone you stay away from him.

Was this India v NZ or India v Pakistan in Kanpur?

What a clownish statement just like all of your statements on this thread. What did FIFA do to Scotland (SFA) after the Scottish fans jeered the Israeli national anthem??

What did Fifa do when anthems were booed during the Euro?

How many ICC Touenaments are India expected to host in the next 8-10 years?

How safe are the Pakistan players going to be playing India?

I think this is the right time to highlight this to the ICC. Governing bodies (domestic or national) are under huge pressure to root out racism and hate slogans fron sporting grounds and I would be surprised if the ICC didn't take notice of what occurred today in a game that didn't even involve Pakistan

If pakistan has safety concerns they should not visit India and raise the matter with ICC.

ICC, UN or any sporting body or anyone will not be able to stop anti pakistan sloganeering in India. Majority of Indians see pakistan as a enemy state and will raise slogans against pakistan anywhere in India.

No one can do anything here. Thats the hard truth.

This begs the question regarding the Pakistan's team safety and security when they eventually do play in India at ICC tournaments.

How safe will they be at some venues? Will they need extra security? Can the authorities provide the Pakistan players with the necessary levels of security?

Is there any incident of a Pakistani player being attacked or any security breach in India?

India has regularly hosted international sporting events, without any problems.

What was the abhinandan photos doing at tea break of Pakistan test matches? Or im missing something ?

Having his photo isnt racist, his plane got shot down, while trying to come into our land, if anything its fans showing love for army, airforce etc...

However I will say having his photo is not necessary, Cricket is game, and should be recpected as such, Fans should only have flags, jerseys, and slogans or photos to anything that is related to the game itself.

However chanting death to a country, and wanting them all dead, is racist.

Pakistan vs Bangladesh tea break. Why was Abhinandan photos put on the giant screen with a tea cup and "Tea is fantastic" caption.

Not hard to see difference between a military incursion between two countries v/s doing outright what happened here, i.e. chanting death to Pakistan.

If people are going to be punished for unruly behaviour, for anti pakistan sloganeering, i am afraid most of India will have to be punished.

Does most of India regularly say Pakistan murdabad?

Can any other Indians confirm this?

If pakistan has safety concerns they should not visit India and raise the matter with ICC.

ICC, UN or any sporting body or anyone will not be able to stop anti pakistan sloganeering in India. Majority of Indians see pakistan as a enemy state and will raise slogans against pakistan anywhere in India.

No one can do anything here. Thats the hard truth.

You seem to be fixated with Pakistan.
This is not about Pakistan rather it is to do with Indian fans being racist and inciting hatred.

Take Pakistan out of the equation. If the fans were doubt these chants against another team (New Zealand or anyone else), how many Indians would be defending such actions?

The sporting bodies have to act against discrimination, doesn't matter if team A is st was with team B.

This is also why so many of us find your attitude and posts to be extremely hateful
You frequent a Pakistan Cricket Fan site snd jump to the defence of anything that is Modi/RSS related. It's like you're on a one man mission to argue with anyone that thinks badly of RSS India, so much so that you actually can't speak against such hateful behaviour from people who are clearly RSS supporters.

Does that translate to "Death to India"?

So that was right ? What if india put photo of surrender of 1971 when Pakistan will Play in india against india. Pakistan fan's are not that Saint as they pretending. Both things are wrong .

Having his photo isnt racist, his plane got shot down, while trying to come into our land, if anything its fans showing love for army, airforce etc...

However I will say having his photo is not necessary, Cricket is game, and should be recpected as such, Fans should only have flags, jerseys, and slogans or photos to anything that is related to the game itself.

However chanting death to a country, and wanting them all dead, is racist.

Yes , death to chanting any country is wrong ,i already condemned in this thread. Those are hardly 10-12 bunch of idiots who said but put blame of entire india is wrong

So that was right ? What if india put photo of surrender of 1971 when Pakistan will Play in india against india. Pakistan fan's are not that Saint as they pretending. Both things are wrong .

You have no understanding of the people of Pakistan.

They have no hatred for the people of India and I bet you each and very single Pakistani poster can vouch for that.

Coming back to that Picture, yes it was in bad taste but like others have alluded it was a military action that didn't involve ordinary Indian citizens of either country.

The people were not shouting death to Indian people. Nor would they want this. They are not so brain washed to think that politics and military action equates to the Indian people being bad.

Yes , death to chanting any country is wrong ,i already condemned in this thread. Those are hardly 10-12 bunch of idiots who said but put blame of entire india is wrong

There are a couple of posters here who will defend RSS and its supporters no matter what.
So this discussion is carrying on as for quiet a lot of people here the defending of "killing Pakistan" doesn't sit well.

I'm sure you can understand that.

I think the ICC needs to take action on political statements and hate spreading in a cricket ground. No matter where it happens in the world.

You have no understanding of the people of Pakistan.

They have no hatred for the people of India and I bet you each and very single Pakistani poster can vouch for that.

Coming back to that Picture, yes it was in bad taste but like others have alluded it was a military action that didn't involve ordinary Indian citizens of either country.

The people were not shouting death to Indian people. Nor would they want this. They are not so brain washed to think that politics and military action equates to the Indian people being bad.

If you understand context of both things, putting photo of abhinandan on gaint screen is more in bad test as ground authority ( PCB) has to be main planner but here is some random 10-12 idiots saying death to Pakistan.

If people are going to be punished for unruly behaviour, for anti pakistan sloganeering, i am afraid most of India will have to be punished.

Punishment deters others from doing the same. And no, most Indians won't have to be punished. I have attended far too many cricket matches in India to know that such people are a minority.

If you understand context of both things, putting photo of abhinandan on gaint screen is more in bad test as ground authority ( PCB) has to be main planner but here is some random 10-12 idiots saying death to Pakistan.

and i said it was in bad taste.

Does that translate to "Death to India"?

If pakistan can use a test match to mock India, and this was PCB operating the giant screen, i don't know why its an issue if Indians shout anti pakistan slogans.

That analogy is not valid because Abhinandan came to bomb Pakistan - completely different scenarios and context. It was unnecessary however, but it still doesn't compare to this because you are talking about the entire country and it's people.

If pakistan can use a test match to mock India, and this was PCB operating the giant screen, i don't know why its an issue if Indians shout anti pakistan slogans.

Death to people of Pakistan is not just an anti Pakistan slogan though is it?
It's sheer hatred, wanting the death of tens of millions of people

Punishment deters others from doing the same. And no, most Indians won't have to be punished. I have attended far too many cricket matches in India to know that such people are a minority.

I have attended all sorts of sporting events in India, Cricket matches, tennis matches, football matches, hockey matches, CWG etc and i have heard anti pakistan sloganeering almost every where.

Death to people of Pakistan is not just an anti Pakistan slogan though is it?
It's sheer hatred, wanting the death of tens of millions of people

Its rather the downfall of pakistani state not the people.

FYI Murdabad slogans for political leaders are shouted regularly in India.

When i was in college, George W Bush visited India, the communist government in bengal took out rallies saying America murdabad etc

Is there any incident of a Pakistani player being attacked or any security breach in India?

India has regularly hosted international sporting events, without any problems.

I think you are getting a bit too nationalistic and all logic has gone from your posts.

Think for a moment, take a deep breath, and think when Pakistan last toured India and what the political climate was then and what it is now.

I have attended all sorts of sporting events in India, Cricket matches, tennis matches, football matches, hockey matches, CWG etc and i have heard anti pakistan sloganeering almost every where.

Devadwal,,
Do the same ten or twelve hateful idiots also go to other cricket matches. Tennis matches. Football matches, hockey matches, CWG etc???

Going by CJ, this sort of hate is far more widespread across India

Its rather the downfall of pakistani state not the people.

FYI Murdabad slogans for political leaders are shouted regularly in India.

When i was in college, George W Bush visited India, the communist government in bengal took out rallies saying America murdabad etc

and yet you want to sit on the fence?
Why don't you condemn such behaviour snd why don't you support governing bodies to eradicate such hatred?

I recall being at the Sharjah Stadium in 1992 for the tri series between India, Pakistan and West Indies.

One silly Indian fan started to shout Pakistan Murdabad whilst in the stands. 10 minutes later he was being helped to his feet with injuries from head to his toes.

The chants of Murdabad from him changed to chants of sorry, sorry!

I think you are getting a bit too nationalistic and all logic has gone from your posts.

Think for a moment, take a deep breath, and think when Pakistan last toured India and what the political climate was then and what it is now.

The climate was no better in 2016 when the T20 WC took place. It was no better in 2018 when the hockey WC took place. Its no bettee in 2021 when the junior hockey WC is going on. Pakistan team was/ is present in all of them.

Both are unacceptable.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Both things were wrong but In one situation PCB was main planner but here is unknown some random people's chanting whose opinion hardly matter but same can't be said about PCB as they are responsible body .

The climate was no better in 2016 when the T20 WC took place. It was no better in 2018 when the hockey WC took place. Its no bettee in 2021 when the junior hockey WC is going on. Pakistan team was/ is present in all of them.

I think it's a lot worse now.

It'll be interesting to see what the security experts say regarding the safety of the Pakistan team.

It'll be interesting to see what the security experts say regarding the safety of the Pakistan team.

Fans chanting death or Pakistan in a game that didn't even involve Pakistan...
I know how I would feel if I was a Pakistani player about to go to India to play a game of cricket......

So you think fans at football matches are ok to chant monkey sounds and make monkey gestures at black players as it's their freedom of speech?

Thats personally insulting an individual. If a Pakistani player is abused, then thats a different situation altogether.

Fans chanting death or Pakistan in a game that didn't even involve Pakistan...
I know how I would feel if I was a Pakistani player about to go to India to play a game of cricket......

This things is not happened first time ( chanting) In india but Pakistan still played in india after that so let's not go there as nothing will happen to Pakistan player's whenever they will Play in india.

This things is not happened first time ( chanting) In india but Pakistan still played in india after that so let's not go there as nothing will happen to Pakistan player's whenever they will Play in india.

That is just one aspect.
What about governing bodies taking action to stop such behaviour? Doesn't matter whether it's in India or Pakistan

Thats personally insulting an individual. If a Pakistani player is abused, then thats a different situation altogether.

No. That is insulting a whole race of people.
Tell my friend who was watching Hungary play England that this was not directed at him because however angry I was trust me the hurt and anger he felt was on a different level

So chanting death for a country 7 times smaller in land size.
4 times smaller in terms of population.
10 times smaller in terms of economy.

I thought people chant these slogans for a super power. Just like one poster mentioned Indians were chanting Death to America slogans at a rally or something. i have heard Death to America chants from Pakistan and Afghanis too.

It just doesn't make sense to chant death slogans for Pakistan unless if India sees Pakistan as equal or better at every front?

Tommorow is 26/11, i wont be surprised if there is sloganeering tommorow as well.

TBF even Indian players aren’t safe in India lol, we get way too emotional having said that it’s all sloganeering administration knows how to handle if it ever goes out of control in India.

So it is okay to chant generally that some people should die, just not that individuals should die?

So chanting death for a country 7 times smaller in land size.
4 times smaller in terms of population.
10 times smaller in terms of economy.

I thought people chant these slogans for a super power. Just like one poster mentioned Indians were chanting Death to America slogans at a rally or something. i have heard Death to America chants from Pakistan and Afghanis too.

It just doesn't make sense to chant death slogans for Pakistan unless if India sees Pakistan as equal or better at every front?

Seems like average Indians are wayyyy more obsessed with Pak than Pakistanis are with India.

Last edited:

No one blamed the entire country, we just said the general public does tend to have a hatred towards Pakistan even CricketJoshila, confirmed it. 12 fans chanting it wouldnt be too much of an issue if its just 12 fans, but when the general public, feels the same way its a problem.

At the end of the day both nations should look to improve relations, with each other, its better to have good relations with your neighbor, than bad ones.

TBF even Indian players aren’t safe in India lol, we get way too emotional having said that it’s all sloganeering administration knows how to handle if it ever goes out of control in India.

Well very true given what's been said and written about Virat Kohli, Mohammad Shami etc by their countryfolk.

Well peeps I guess being ruled by the Moghul's is still very deep in the hearts of Indian people. Deeper still was the break up of India in 1947. Such chants only expose India's complex and obsession with Pak. It is a back handed compliment because they can not end our existence.

That was wrong too but don't expect anyone to admit that. There are joshilas on both sides of the border.

Yup!

That was wrong as well. I am actually upset that it happened. Only heard about it now

Obvious mixing of sports and politics

India is known for its Engineers.

Today I learned it is also a top innovater in sloganeering.

People on this forum are getting too emotional. It's just a useless and harmless chant by probably some uneducated fans. And I think these types of chants are allowed in the games until someone gets physical about them. If we start getting emotional about such small things that someone is chanting bad about us, then we are not going to progress as a nation.

Good for them, who gives a damn about what they think of us. I pity that uncivilized, hateful bunch whose lives revolve around obsessively hating Pakistan.

Entire pakistan doesn't recognise Israel and its existence.

You're quite wrong on that.

The Pakistani state has a policy of non-recognition towards Israel whereby they donot accept the legality of the Israeli state. This policy of non-recognition is applicable diplomatic relations and interntional affairs.

Pakistani people do recognize Israel as do Pakistani state officials who have referenced Israel numerous times in interviews and speeches, thereby acknowledging that Israel does infact exist. Even if it may exist illegally.

At any rate, your inability to simply condemn hate speech (something other Indian posters here have condemned) and frame it as something that just happens speaks volumes about you yourself.

Last edited:
Not surprised it is Kanpur U. P. The state of jungle raj and worst in every case in India.

In general People In India hate Pakistan. It is a well established fact.
So these chants and slogans are common.
In Delhi once the local bus driver was trying to scam some youth by charging extra. There exact words were “ye sab yah an nahi chalega, Pakistan Samajh rakha hai kya”
Posters should not be surprised with this. Has been like this since 1947.

Today is anniversary of those cowardly attacks in Mumbai, the whole point of which was to paint India as an unsafe destination.
May as well Expect some more chants and some posters and slogans as well.

I do not think the Pakistan team will be safe in India. May have to rethink those 2023 plans.

People on this forum are getting too emotional. It's just a useless and harmless chant by probably some uneducated fans. And I think these types of chants are allowed in the games until someone gets physical about them. If we start getting emotional about such small things that someone is chanting bad about us, then we are not going to progress as a nation.

Have you seen Indians on social media and the politicians? They speak **** about every neighbouring country (including Bangladesh). People here are just confused and concerned about the extreme nationalism developing in India.

Not surprised as it happened in UP. In India Most of the political motives are achieved using the name of Pakistan. They have chosen an illiterate, murder accused person as a PM just because he hates Pakistan more than anyone in the country. That's another thing he once decided to have a Biryani with Pak PM on his unofficial visit.

In general People In India hate Pakistan. It is a well established fact.
So these chants and slogans are common.
In Delhi once the local bus driver was trying to scam some youth by charging extra. There exact words were “ye sab yah an nahi chalega, Pakistan Samajh rakha hai kya”
Posters should not be surprised with this. Has been like this since 1947.

Weird response from the youth, given India is far better known for scams than Pakistan. It's not even close in fact. Besides that, also shows the obsession with Pakistan of the common people of India.

Regardless, just because it is commonplace doesn't mean you should be OK or indifferent to it, which it appears you are.

Have you seen Indians on social media and the politicians? They speak **** about every neighbouring country (including Bangladesh). People here are just confused and concerned about the extreme nationalism developing in India.

If Indians are nationalist why is it anyone's concern?

Do google about the number of illegal bangladeshis in India.

Not surprised as it happened in UP. In India Most of the political motives are achieved using the name of Pakistan. They have chosen an illiterate, murder accused person as a PM just because he hates Pakistan more than anyone in the country. That's another thing he once decided to have a Biryani with Pak PM on his unofficial visit.

Illiterate? Murder accused? May be you need to check your facts.

Pakistan is a security issue in India and ofcourse people appreciate the hardline Modi has taken.

Pakistan PM regularly rants on twitter about India. Talking about things that don't even concern pakistan.

Indian ministers talk nonsense about Bangladesh and Sri Lanka too, in fact India is 100% responsible for making Bangladeshi people dislike India.

If you're wondering why nationalism is a concern, look up World War 2 in Europe. Btw, Nepal and Sri Lanka dislike India too, and they aren't even Muslim. When all your neighbours hate you, you can probably guess who the problem child is.

Just heard same again today

Looks like pre-arranged and orchestrated

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 45.000%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/m52fxg" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Indian ministers talk nonsense about Bangladesh and Sri Lanka too, in fact India is 100% responsible for making Bangladeshi people dislike India.

If you're wondering why nationalism is a concern, look up World War 2 in Europe. Btw, Nepal and Sri Lanka dislike India too, and they aren't even Muslim. When all your neighbours hate you, you can probably guess who the problem child is.

Dislike yes. Hate no. When a giant nation is surrounded by many tiny nations, it is usually disliked by small nations. They see every move by giant nation as trying to bully them. But surely Nepal and Srilanka don't hate India.

The only people in India who're even remotely sympathetic to Pakistan are the muslims and some woke progressives (which makes up 25% of the population in total at most). Who're are the anti-pakistan spectators preaching to?

Dislike yes. Hate no. When a giant nation is surrounded by many tiny nations, it is usually disliked by small nations. They see every move by giant nation as trying to bully them. But surely Nepal and Srilanka don't hate India.

Sri Lankans absolutely do dislike India immensely. They accuse India for Tamil insurgency and funding terrorism. Anyway, offtopic for this thread.

this is what india has become - racist, vile, violent, arrogant and utterly devoid of class. We pakistanis should just ignore them and strive to improve ourselves. Let them burn in their hatred.

come back and read your own comments in few days time - hopefully you will see how senseless your ramblings are. If you still dont see it then I guess if people like you are defending death to a nation then we can imagine what the more radicalized hindus are like in india. And thank god for pakistan. With all its flaws, we would still never want to be part of india.

Back