[VIDEO] India vs New Zealand: Crowd chants ‘Pakistan Murdabad’ during 1st day’s play in Kanpur

come back and read your own comments in few days time - hopefully you will see how senseless your ramblings are. If you still dont see it then I guess if people like you are defending death to a nation then we can imagine what the more radicalized hindus are like in india. And thank god for pakistan. With all its flaws, we would still never want to be part of india.

India is obsessed with Pakistan. Pakistan is obsessed with India. Each party claims they are not and other one is. Both are seriously obsessed with each other.

Sri Lankans absolutely do dislike India immensely. They accuse India for Tamil insurgency and funding terrorism. Anyway, offtopic for this thread.

That would be like Indians blaming Pakistan for the Kashmiri insurgency and funding terrorism. The Lankans are no better themselves when it comes to fascism, it's just that most people have no idea about Sri Lankan politics and the general perception tends to be a cool little island for tourism.

I am sorry but this does not look like "spontaneous" at all - seems well planned and organized.

Indian ministers talk nonsense about Bangladesh and Sri Lanka too, in fact India is 100% responsible for making Bangladeshi people dislike India.

If you're wondering why nationalism is a concern, look up World War 2 in Europe. Btw, Nepal and Sri Lanka dislike India too, and they aren't even Muslim. When all your neighbours hate you, you can probably guess who the problem child is.

What nonsense? India is hosting 100s and 1000s of lankan tamil refugees and god knows how many illegal bangladeshis. If any indian minister speaks against these illegal immigrants, he is speaking the truth.

40 per cent of nepalese population is Indian origin madhesi and are staunchly pro Indian. Even the hill people realised how toxic a anti India, Pro china PM can be and the anti India party lost power.

I have already answered your lanka question.

What nonsense? India is hosting 100s and 1000s of lankan tamil refugees and god knows how many illegal bangladeshis. If any indian minister speaks against these illegal immigrants, he is speaking the truth.

40 per cent of nepalese population is Indian origin madhesi and are staunchly pro Indian. Even the hill people realised how toxic a anti India, Pro china PM can be and the anti India party lost power.

I have already answered your lanka question.

Correction: Tamil Nadu.

And literally nobody in Tamil Nadu is unhappy that Lankan Tamils are living in Tamil Nadu, legal or illegal. That's all that matters, not some bloke sitting in Delhi or Kolkata.

Strip them of their test status if they can't behave.

Nobody would miss a thing if this mythical "Green Park" never held another game in their lives.

Let them revel in their glorious smog, and fumes from the local river.

Correction: Tamil Nadu.

And literally nobody in Tamil Nadu is unhappy that Lankan Tamils are living in Tamil Nadu, legal or illegal. That's all that matters, not some bloke sitting in Delhi or Kolkata.

Tamil Nadu is part of India. Resources used to host these people belong to India. If they get permanent residency it will be of India.

Tamil Nadu has no separate sovereignty and is only a province of India and has no jurisdiction to decide how to deal with foreigners. Thats what matters not some tamil bloke who regularly tries to portray as if TN is a separate entity from India.

Read the constitution that matters, not your individual view.

Last edited:

Nobody would miss a thing if this mythical "Green Park" never held another game in their lives.

Who will strip them? You?

How did you decide that nobody will miss them?

Who will strip them? You?

How did you decide that nobody will miss them?

Don't worry, they won't be stripped. I'm not in charge of the BCCI after all.

But they should, never to host a test ever again.

The whole thing is a storm in a tea cup.

People who hate punish themselves everyday. Live in unhappiness. Die in unhappiness.

This is not why we come to this world - to be divided by our differences. Borders are fine - because eventually humans live in tribes. But they should be made invisible by love.

There are people on both sides of the border who have died fighting, and then regimes change and they start loving, start having cricket and hockey tours. Then regimes change again and they start hating again.

People on top decide when we should love and when we should hate. That is such a sorry state to be in.

Therefore, storm in a tea cup. If anything, hand of friendship and love extended to them should be firmer.

Don't worry, they won't be stripped. I'm not in charge of the BCCI after all.

But they should, never to host a test ever again.

They should never host a test because of anti pakistan sloganeering?

They should never host a test because of anti pakistan sloganeering?

Well Yorkshire, a place where the word P*ki was used as banter have currently been suspended from hosting any international cricket let alone Test cricket. Whilst BCCI pretends to take the knee in solidarity with racism, let’s see if they actually walk the walk and ban this venue for racist sloganeering

I am sorry but this does not look like "spontaneous" at all - seems well planned and organized.

Absolutely obsessed with Pakistan to the point its become unhealthy.

My friends, my brothers

Pakistan Murdabad is a RACIST slogan

Death to Israel is also a RACIST slogan

Wishing death upon a group, identity, nation and religion all fall under the category of racist hate speech.

Don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise.

Well Yorkshire, a place where the word P*ki was used as banter have currently been suspended from hosting any international cricket let alone Test cricket. Whilst BCCI pretends to take the knee in solidarity with racism, let’s see if they actually walk the walk and ban this venue for racist sloganeering

Anti pakistan sloganeering will never be considered wrong in India.Majority view pakistan as a enemy state. Thats the hard truth.

Tamil Nadu is part of India. Resources used to host these people belong to India. If they get permanent residency it will be of India.

Tamil Nadu has no separate sovereignty and is only a province of India and has no jurisdiction to decide how to deal with foreigners. Thats what matters not some tamil bloke who regularly tries to portray as if TN is a separate entity from India.

Read the constitution that matters, not your individual view.

Tamil Nadu has been a part of the Indian union since 1947. However just like the "dharmic civilization" or "Vedic civilization" that the Hindutvadi lot love to talk about, the Tamil civilization has been in existence long before anyone thought about the idea of India. Sure, the hindutva lot can have a masochist fetish for authoritarianism and fascism and love the idea of an absolute monarchy under the supreme leader, but as I understand, India is a federal union of states. Tamil Nadu provides far more to the Indian union than it receives, and is effectively subsidising the growth of other poorer states in the Indian union and therefore I definitely don't need lessons on resources being used to host refugees.

It's rich of you to talk "illegal refugees" using up resources but why should your fellow illegal Bengali hindu from Bangladesh get the rights to Indian citizenship and use up the Indian resources and not tamil refugees in Tamil Nadu who fled the violence during the civil war. Oh that's right, they don't form the votebank of your favourite fascist party.

Last edited:
The only people in India who're even remotely sympathetic to Pakistan are the muslims and some woke progressives (which makes up 25% of the population in total at most). Who're are the anti-pakistan spectators preaching to?

The other 75%.

Anti pakistan sloganeering will never be considered wrong in India.Majority view pakistan as a enemy state. Thats the hard truth.

China is an enemy state to Britain, yet no British person can get away with ‘death to China’ slogans.

No wonder India will remain a 3rd world country

Tamil Nadu has been a part of the Indian union since 1947. However just like the "dharmic civilization" or "Vedic civilization" that the Hindutvadi lot love to talk about, the Tamil civilization has been in existence long before anyone thought about the idea of India. Sure, the hindutva lot can have a masochist fetish for authoritarianism and fascism and love the idea of an absolute monarchy under the supreme leader, but as I understand, India is a federal union of states. Tamil Nadu provides far more to the Indian union than it receives, and is effectively subsidising the growth of other poorer states in the Indian union and therefore I definitely don't need lessons on resources being used to host refugees.

It's rich of you to talk "illegal refugees" using up resources but why should your fellow illegal Bengali hindu from Bangladesh get the rights to Indian citizenship and use up the Indian resources and not tamil refugees in Tamil Nadu who fled the violence during the civil war. Oh that's right, they don't form the votebank of your favourite fascist party.

You may want to read history and the Indian laws. Tamil Nadu has no sovereignty. Its provincial borders, name and everything can be changed by the Parliament. You can keep dreaming about some separate tamil entity but it doesn't exist. I know it frustates you to no end but learn to live with it.

As Ambedkar said " India is the indestructible union of destructible states"

The existence of states are at the mercy of the union.

First of all CAA applies to any non muslim from Pak BD and Afghanistan.They all can get expedited citizenship under the CAA.

Secondly these people were citizens of British India and then one day became second class persecuted citizens of another country. No one asked these non muslims their opinion or gave them a choice.

Thirdly, i am all in favour of driving out every single illegal immigrant from India. Be it Tamil or Bengali or any one else.

You may want to read history and the Indian laws. Tamil Nadu has no sovereignty. Its provincial borders, name and everything can be changed by the Parliament. You can keep dreaming about some separate tamil entity but it doesn't exist. I know it frustates you to no end but learn to live with it.

First of all CAA applies to any non muslim from Pak BD and Afghanistan.They all can get expedited citizenship under the CAA.

Secondly these people were citizens of British India and then one day became second class persecuted citizens of another country. No one asked these non muslims their opinion or gave them a choice.

Thirdly, i am all in favour of driving out every single illegal immigrant from India. Be it Tamil or Bengali or any one else.

Does it include the Pakistani and Bangladeshi Hindus too?

Talked like someone who doesn't understand the concept of either federalism or state autonomy.

Last edited:

Interesting so if your are non muslim you were not given a choice and were made second class persecuted citizen.

While muslims had a choice.

What about muslims of india who are persecuted to an extent ehere they cant even eat beef. Or whose nationality gets question if they perform bad at sports just because they are muslims

Wishful thinking.
You know that this will never happen, especially bcoz of the fact that India (including TamilNadu) is being ruled by North Indians.
More chances of MA chidambaram being banned than Greenpark under your overlords the BJP.

Going by johsillas logic, indian fans who insulted shami on social media were not wrong as this is the usual behavior when they lose. So for him hate speech is alright

Life is quite harsh for you people considering the fact that you are so literate and self dependent but still are being ruled by the illiterate North Indians.
Where did it all go wrong?

Maybe you people aren't as clever as you think you are, coz you are being played around by the illiterate and poor lot.

Going by johsillas logic, indian fans who insulted shami on social media were not wrong as this is the usual behavior when they lose. So for him hate speech is alright
Saying Pakistan Murdabad is definitely wrong, but obviously no one can ban those supporters for the same.
What do you think Pakistani government would do if the supporters there raise their voices against India? Ban them? I DON'T think so.

Why are people dragging this non-issue and making a meal out of it? There were few supporters in Green Park yesterday and handful of (jobless) kids were doing sloganeering. They were also making few funny chants on Shreyas Iyer and Akhsar Patel.

Not sure why we are making such a big deal out of it. Some are dragging North India South India debate into it, some saying it was organized attack and some even calling it racism.

Such snowflakes :)))

Why are people dragging this non-issue and making a meal out of it? There were few supporters in Green Park yesterday and handful of (jobless) kids were doing sloganeering. They were also making few funny chants on Shreyas Iyer and Akhsar Patel.

Not sure why we are making such a big deal out of it. Some are dragging North India South India debate into it, some saying it was organized attack and some even calling it racism.

Snowflakes are those who were chanting Pakistan murdabad in a match between India and New Zealand. Was there any Pakistani origin player in NZ? Or any Pakistani umpire or official was present on the ground? This is quite random and just goes to show what kind of fans we have. :inti

So then let me quote CricketJoshila,

"I have attended all sorts of sporting events in India, Cricket matches, tennis matches, football matches, hockey matches, CWG etc and i have heard anti pakistan sloganeering almost every where."

This tells us that it's not just a few supporters here or there in a cricket match...

Seems to me to be quiet a big problem where racism and hatred is wide spread.

"I have attended all sorts of sporting events in India, Cricket matches, tennis matches, football matches, hockey matches, CWG etc and i have heard anti pakistan sloganeering almost every where."

This tells us that it's not just a few supporters here or there in a cricket match...

[MENTION=152021]Rajdeep[/MENTION] has a habit of downplaying every single incident like this and trying to prove that these are one-off incidents. He is saying that there were very few people but the reality is had there been a full house then those people would have joined them and chanted Pakistan murdabad together. :inti

Bro I have read all your posts on this thread. You keep going on and on about racism and hatred in India, whether Pakistan will be safe in India etc. All of these bcoz 10-12 random kids choose to chant in a stadium.

How many times I have to tell you that I heard exact same chant 'Pakistan Murdaabad' in Oval and Southampton in matches where Pakistan were not involved. So should Pakistan stop travelling to UK too bcoz of security issues?

Thats why I said people being snowflakes here or deliberately pretending that this slogan is not common. My hunch is the later.

[MENTION=152021]Rajdeep[/MENTION] has a habit of downplaying every single incident like this and trying to prove that these are one-off incidents. He is saying that there were very few people but the reality is had there been a full house then those people would have joined them and chanted Pakistan murdabad together. :inti

I dont think entire stadium would have joined them if it was houseful but even if they did it wouldnt have surprised me considering it was the eve of 26/11 where 180 innocent civilains being buchered along with 12 top cops. 'Pakistan Murdaabad' chant was nothing infront of it.

Bro I have read all your posts on this thread. You keep going on and on about racism and hatred in India, whether Pakistan will be safe in India etc. All of these bcoz 10-12 random kids choose to chant in a stadium.

How many times I have to tell you that I heard exact same chant 'Pakistan Murdaabad' in Oval and Southampton in matches where Pakistan were not involved. So should Pakistan stop travelling to UK too bcoz of security issues?

Thats why I said people being snowflakes here or deliberately pretending that this slogan is not common. My hunch is the later.

So this is not restricted to Indians living in India? Educated NRIs are also involved in this? :inti

So this is not restricted to Indians living in India? Educated NRIs are also involved in this? :inti

It dosent matter...all are Indians. Living in India or abroad makes very little difference.

Is the protest for Kashmir restricted to only Pakistanis living in Pakistan? I myself have been caught in the middle of protest by thousands of Pakistanis outside Indian embassy in Aldwich London in 15th Aug 2019.

So not sure why you always play this NRI/non NRI card. People's mind work same way even if they are in Moon.

I dont think entire stadium would have joined them if it was houseful but even if they did it wouldnt have surprised me considering it was the eve of 26/11 where 180 innocent civilains being buchered along with 12 top cops. 'Pakistan Murdaabad' chant was nothing infront of it.

You said above that 10-12 kids were chanting Pakistan murdabad. How old were these kids when 2008 Mumbai attacks happened? Who told these kids from Kanpur to chant Pakistan murdabad on the eve of 26th November? Something is not adding up properly here. :inti

You said above that 10-12 kids were chanting Pakistan murdabad. How old were these kids when 2008 Mumbai attacks happened? Who told these kids from Kanpur to chant Pakistan murdabad on the eve of 26th November? Something is not adding up properly here. :inti

No I was replying to your hypothetical situation where you said if it was full stadium, all of them would have joined these 10-12 kids and chanted 'Pakistan murdaabad'.

So to reply to your hypothetical situation, all I am saying it wont have made me surprised considering its the eve of 26/11.

The reason its not adding up is because your question was hypothetical and so was my response.

:srini

Today i realized why I love Pakistan.

Its one thing to have "Death to Pakistan," slogans chanted during a Pakistan India Match.

Its another thing to have those slogans shouted when "cricket is being played and Pakistan is not even in sight".

Chalo wo bi maan lya some idiots dont know any better.

Its a completely different story when educated people from India defend this action as "normal".

Yani India really wants death to Pakistan and these posters also support death of Pakistan.

Wow.

If I had any affection for Indian team or Indian cricket, it ends today.

Why should Pakistan even care about a nation that gets its highs from Death to Pakistan.

I hope India never wins another World Cup in my life.

End of.

Where we went wrong is we took the population control programmes of the government seriously and didn't breed like rabbits.

Should have done so, because the numbers achieve results in a democracy..

TN has a fertility rate of 1.8 thats close to the all India fertility rate of 2.0 .

Except Bihar i doubt any other state has a fertility rate much Higher than 2.

Post facts not what you imagine.

Pakistan is not liked in India. Is that a secret?

We have fought 4 wars and are in constant conflict. Pakistan supports a terrorist secessionist movement in India and wants to grab an Indian province. So unless you are delusional, i dont see why majority will not have a unfavorable view of pakistan.

Pakistan is not liked in India. Is that a secret?

We have fought 4 wars and are in constant conflict. Pakistan supports a terrorist secessionist movement in India and wants to grab an Indian province. So unless you are delusional, i dont see why majority will not have a unfavorable view of pakistan.

Still is very odd though that some feel the need to shout anti-Pakistani slogans at a cricket match against New Zealand.

There is nothing racist about this. Saying Murdabad is not racist.

What an absolute joke of a comment.

You know deep inside how wrong you are.

The crowd is free to chant but using the word Murdabad for a country is racism at it's peak.

However your comment clearly shows the rabid mindset of educated indians these days and stooping to new lows every day.

Still is very odd though that some feel the need to shout anti-Pakistani slogans at a cricket match against New Zealand.

While its odd, but it can be excused as "ignorance" of some fans.

What takes the cake is that educated posters on this forum are "supporting" this act of "Death to Pakistan".

When educated segments of a population lose their touch with reality, then you know the nation is doomed.

Brutal :))

I agree, its time cricket did that. I'd say the same if Pakistanis were doing that but I remember this PSL or the one before people in Lahore were holding placards about welcoming any Indian players or team.

Indian crowds have been decent in the past to Pakistan but under Modi jee I am sure its more tense now.

How sure are we that the fumes and toxicity in the air hasn't been screwing around with their brains?

They might be thinking India is playing Pakistan.

Kanpur is in UP state. The leader of a political party SP recently praised Jinnah for independence or something in those lines to attract Muslim voters. There has been a backlash obviously in BJP circles. I think these slogans against Pakistan were made in that context. An average Indian and Pakistani might hold some kind of animosity online but when they actually meet in UAE or US, they are quite friendly. I've seen that myself on thousands of occasions.

Why is it racist? Mob behavior at best, much like the Hasan Ali gimmick at the Wagah border, these are aam junta, what Hasan Ali did was shameful

Read the constitution. Read how states have been reorganized many many times.

I have read the constitution. Nowhere does jt mention that India is a unitary state, India is a federal republic. Of course, citizenship rights rightfully lie with the union government, but to say "states are at the mercy of the centre" doesn't reflect the reality of the Indian constitution.

If the current union government could have its way with states and do whatever it wants, India would be a lot different to the federal republic it actually is. We wouldn't be having different cattle slaughter laws in different states and hindi would have become our national language long ago.

Quite a generalization based on a few miscreants? As a old timer , I remember an Ind-Pak ODI in Pak had to be abandonned in 1978 due to crowd trouble. You have to know history

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite a generalization based on a few miscreants? As a old timer , I remember an Ind-Pak ODI in Pak had to be abandonned in 1978 due to crowd trouble.

if that were to happen today I'd want that venue banned in Pakistan. Difference between me and you/

TN has a fertility rate of 1.8 thats close to the all India fertility rate of 2.0 .

Except Bihar i doubt any other state has a fertility rate much Higher than 2.

Post facts not what you imagine.

Interesting. When posting any data, you have to specify the time period in which that specific data was calculated, what kind of survey was that and how it was done. These are some basic things you should know before posting "facts". Otherwise, it's like posting the screenshot of a bowler's action and saying he is chucking based on one frame.

This was the absolute growth in population across different states from 1971 census to the last Indian census in 2011.

Screenshot_20211127-071508~2.jpg

And this is the female illiteracy in the 15-25 age group across different states (2011 census data):

Screenshot_20211127-080715~2.jpg

The easiest way to stop the population growth is to educate the young girls who are in the school/college going group. When they're educated, they become educated female adults who are capable of taking their own life decisions and this will most definitely reduce the population growth in any society. This has happened in every society across the world that has progressed in the west and far east.

Yes, the TFR of overall India and most Indian states is falling and the population is stabilising. But the south indian states did the same in earlier decades and therefore the absolute population is skewed towards the north.

You know, for the past 20 years it’s the Pakistani fans that have been deemed immature at times because of their reactions to being dominated by India for the majority of the time in this time frame.

Good to see we are one and the same. There’s no moral high ground to be had. One loss in a t20 tournament is all it took in comparison to the win/loss ratio India had built up vs us since 2003 WC.

I have read the constitution. Nowhere does jt mention that India is a unitary state, India is a federal republic. Of course, citizenship rights rightfully lie with the union government, but to say "states are at the mercy of the centre" doesn't reflect the reality of the Indian constitution.

If the current union government could have its way with states and do whatever it wants, India would be a lot different to the federal republic it actually is. We wouldn't be having different cattle slaughter laws in different states and hindi would have become our national language long ago.

If the union Government decides to reorganize the boundary of a state there is nothing the state can do.

If the union Government decides to reorganize the boundary of a state there is nothing the state can do.

If the people of that region start widescale protests against the reorganisation, there is nothing that the union government can do, because ultimately the government is a form of governance by the people and for the people as we all learn in our schools. Unless you don't believe India is a democracy but rather a unitary authoritarian state like China of course.

Last edited:
So poor mentality.

This BJP is a Hindu fundamentalists. Indian people have chosen this party to lead them. So, I m not surprised to hear such chanting by Indian crowd.

So ugly to see such thing in an international match even not involving Pakistan.

Are Indians going to be the worst cricket crowd in the world?

If the people of that region start widescale protests against the reorganisation, there is nothing that the union government can do, because ultimately the government is a form of governance by the people and for the people as we all learn in our schools. Unless you don't believe India is a democracy but rather a unitary authoritarian state like China of course.

See above - I asked people to stay on topic.

My friends, my brothers

Pakistan Murdabad is a RACIST slogan

Death to Israel is also a RACIST slogan

Wishing death upon a group, identity, nation and religion all fall under the category of racist hate speech.

Don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise.

I completely agree with you. Wishing death to anyone is not only a criminal mindset but also a disservice to humankind.

Very poor action by the crowd. Even if Pakistan were playing in this match, shouting slogans like that is unacceptable. It shows the disturbed mindset of these people. I pity them; this hatred is not going to help them and it will if anything will make them restless and unhappy.

The whole thing is a storm in a tea cup.

People who hate punish themselves everyday. Live in unhappiness. Die in unhappiness.

This is not why we come to this world - to be divided by our differences. Borders are fine - because eventually humans live in tribes. But they should be made invisible by love.

There are people on both sides of the border who have died fighting, and then regimes change and they start loving, start having cricket and hockey tours. Then regimes change again and they start hating again.

People on top decide when we should love and when we should hate. That is such a sorry state to be in.

Therefore, storm in a tea cup. If anything, hand of friendship and love extended to them should be firmer.

Solid words of wisdom [MENTION=20160]Corridor of Uncertainty[/MENTION]! Thank you!

We all learn how should we live but forget it often in day-to-day life. I am guilty of forgetting it now and then. I hope to remember your words going forward.

Silly banter in sports rivalry adds fun. But stretching it to the level of hate spoils the person himself first. Hatred of anything outside of our man-made boundaries - nation, state, religion is nothing but stupidity. It is not going to help us in the pursuit of happiness. I sincerely hope, in about 20 years, both Indians and Pakistanis turn around their lives and are at peace with each other.

India media has influenced people’s attitude towards Pakistan.The media loves maligning Pakistan using fake and negative views of Pakistan.Indian politicians also use hate speech against Pakistan to gain popularity.

And this sort of behaviour is unacceptable from any fans and anywhere.

Lol. Andhraites protested. Telengana was still formed. Madras province itself was reorganized and there was nothing one could do.

The union Government is democratically elected, unless some periyarist or Dravidian supermacist believes that only their opinion matters.

No the joy of 12 -1

This streak was the only strong point Indian fans had. Sooner or later Pakistan will overcome this ratio as well.

Be it cricket, hockey or squash Pakistan have always dominated India despite meager resources and unstable governments.

1. Keep Pakistan and Muslims separate. Pakistan isn't equal to muslims. There were no anti islam slogans. The attempt by pakistanis to equalize everything thats anti pakistani to anti muslim doesn't work.

2. Indians are not upset about 1947. Majority may feel that it is past and thats ok. But pakistan keeps talking about Gujarat riots, Babri Masjid, CAA, NRC etc which has nothing to do with Pakistan. Then the constant rants about Modi BJP RSS etc. These are official statements by Pakistan government. Why doesn't pakistan move forward and focus on itself rather than talk about India.

Pakistan was created to safeguard the rights of Indian Muslims. It's well within it's rights.

Disgraceful behavior. Why so much negativity all the time? Enjoy the cricket, make noise, praise your team/players, chant Hindustan Zindabad or Vande Mataram, but why be negative towards others? That too such toxic hate? Is it because of upcoming UP elections? Or a mental disorder affecting a chunk of our population? Unhealthy obsession and for all the wrong reasons.

Have they identified who the culprits are? Knowing the pradesh they are in, maybe CM Yogi Adityanath will reward them.

Why don't we hear some positive stories from UP? Always hate, lynching, law and order problem, riots, gender crimes, pollution etc.

All states have their problems but UP takes the cake. Even the cricket in Kanpur is unwatchable thanks to the pollution.

I wonder if the recent 152-0 had anything to do with this?

Lol. Andhraites protested. Telengana was still formed. Madras province itself was reorganized and there was nothing one could do.

The union Government is democratically elected, unless some periyarist or Dravidian supermacist believes that only their opinion matters.

Your Telengana-AP example is a stupid one because people of Telengana actually supported the bifurcation, but let's not diverge from the topic here.

Solid words of wisdom [MENTION=20160]Corridor of Uncertainty[/MENTION]! Thank you!

We all learn how should we live but forget it often in day-to-day life. I am guilty of forgetting it now and then. I hope to remember your words going forward.

Silly banter in sports rivalry adds fun. But stretching it to the level of hate spoils the person himself first. Hatred of anything outside of our man-made boundaries - nation, state, religion is nothing but stupidity. It is not going to help us in the pursuit of happiness. I sincerely hope, in about 20 years, both Indians and Pakistanis turn around their lives and are at peace with each other.

Chennai was all love when Pakistan played their test there. I love rivalry, but hate is an entirely different thing. Thank you [MENTION=43889]ChennaiFan[/MENTION].

Not the best history for India crowds:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/OnThisDay?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#OnThisDay</a> in 1999. A riot in Kolkata after Sachin Tendulkar's run out as Pakistan closed in on a remarkable victory after being 26/6 in their first innings <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cricket?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Cricket</a> <a href="https://t.co/qyz9TPxgQC">pic.twitter.com/qyz9TPxgQC</a></p>— Saj Sadiq (@SajSadiqCricket) <a href="https://twitter.com/SajSadiqCricket/status/1494936139609919493?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 19, 2022</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

There's plenty wrong with India under Modi, but this chant is something I've heard almost every single time I've been to a game in Bengaluru. Oddly, the only time I didn't hear it was during an India-Pak test match :)) We Indians are a little weird.

Also, how many times are we going to watch pint-sized Tendulkar knocking down heavyweight Shobby. Am not complaining though :afridi1

While its odd, but it can be excused as "ignorance" of some fans.

What takes the cake is that educated posters on this forum are "supporting" this act of "Death to Pakistan".

When educated segments of a population lose their touch with reality, then you know the nation is doomed.

Many Indian's are just weird people, no offence. I recently went to watch some international games in NZ with nothing to do with India but they many Indian fans had brought their flag to the game. Talk about being attention seekers.

Many Indian's are just weird people, no offence. I recently went to watch some international games in NZ with nothing to do with India but they many Indian fans had brought their flag to the game. Talk about being attention seekers.

Spot on. It's most annoying when they come to the Pakistan matches (when they toured NZ)!

Spot on. It's most annoying when they come to the Pakistan matches (when they toured NZ)!

Exactly. I actually got into an argument with one Indian in Hamilton who was chatting bull about the Pakistani army. I reminded him of Abhinandan and he started off with excuses.

Of course, I must add, my experience with Indian fans from Indian Punjab has been very different. Extremely friendly and just there to enjoy the game. Some lovely guys even wore a green turban.

People really need to look within if they need to diss or chant such slogans when they are not even playing the team? And then we have educated people supporting it.

Let me make it clear, there is no guarantee that the boundaries of a state will not change, or a state will not break down. IF you do not treat your people well, any country can and should breakdown.

Pakistan saw it 1971, Indonesia in 2002. No boundary is permanent.

Does anyone who if anyone was arrested and punished for the chants?

Why would they be arrested or punished? For what? Not liking pakistan is not a crime in India.

Dont be shocked if such chants are heard again. I have heard them many times..

Why would they be arrested or punished? For what? Not liking pakistan is not a crime in India.

Dont be shocked if such chants are heard again. I have heard them many times..

well in a civilised country if anyone gets caught saying anything like the above - in either a public or private place - especially caught on camera - the police will investigate.

as the statement wasnt not about liking pakistan, murdabad is a statement - but obvious india is clearly not on that level

Last edited:
Back