[VIDEO] Mohammad Rizwan praying on the street in Boston - A publicity stunt?

Mohammad Rizwan praying on the street - Publicity stunt?

• Total voters
I was just gonna post that verse. You best me to it. As said before I don’t think anyone has any issues with him praying. It’s the pious marketing that he is doing that’s cringe.

It is interesting that this verse was written about 2000 years ago and is still relevant today. It shows how human nature never really changes and this phenomenon of pretend piety offers rewards in some way or another.

It is Rizwan misfortune that’s he’s gone to Harvard and instead of soaking up the knowledge and experience, is more focused on spreading Islam. Handing out Qurans, praying on the streets… like I said, his loss and misfortune if this is how he’s embracing a learning opportunity.

This must be the best post on the thread. Hats off to you sir/madam

The Bible has a verse specifically for such people like this cricket player -

Matthew 6:Verse 5
Jesus said, “When you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men … but when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your father who is unseen.

^ Rizwan should learn about the sanctity of praying in private instead of trying to impress strangers and being a prolific attention-seeker.

Rizwan is a Muslim in case you didn’t know. He follows Quran and Sunnah not Bible.

Wow amazing that someone praying can cause so much heartache for some.

My advice to Riz would be to do what he feels is best and not worry about others.

This must be the best post on the thread. Hats off to you sir/madam

He didn't go to Harvard for a degree. He paid Harvard and they gave him a certificate. Not sure what you are applauding.

Problem is people are trying to somehow justify their own lifestyles by criticising Rizwan. No point doing that.

He didn't go to Harvard for a degree. He paid Harvard and they gave him a certificate. Not sure what you are applauding.

Problem is people are trying to somehow justify their own lifestyles by criticising Rizwan. No point doing that.

Please show an example where people are justifying their lifestyles. Almost everyone here has said explicitly that they have no issues with him praying. The issues is him praying and making a video and posting or praying on the middle of the stadium during a World Cup ( please show if anyone else does that). Also he could have taken that opportunity at Harvard to broaden his horizons.

Please show an example where people are justifying their lifestyles. Almost everyone here has said explicitly that they have no issues with him praying. The issues is him praying and making a video and posting or praying on the middle of the stadium during a World Cup ( please show if anyone else does that). Also he could have taken that opportunity at Harvard to broaden his horizons.

The bias against Rizwan and what he represents is clear. We weren't born yesterday

The bias against Rizwan and what he represents is clear. We weren't born yesterday

Sure go ahead. Believe hay you want. Just one last question. What purpose did him praying in the stadium during a world cup do. What was the purpose.

The Bible has a verse specifically for such people like this cricket player -

Matthew 6:Verse 5
Jesus said, “When you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men … but when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your father who is unseen.

^ Rizwan should learn about the sanctity of praying in private instead of trying to impress strangers and being a prolific attention-seeker.

Muslims don't follow the bible.

Sure go ahead. Believe hay you want. Just one last question. What purpose did him praying in the stadium during a world cup do. What was the purpose.

He prays a lot of time during the match.

Getting guys like you all raked up is probably one good thing to come out of it though. He doesn't care what you think.

According to Rizwan defenders here, Muslims don’t follow the bible…

That’s got to be the dumbest argument I have read here in a long, long time!

He prays a lot of time during the match.

Getting guys like you all raked up is probably one good thing to come out of it though. He doesn't care what you think.

Just beat around the bush. How come nobody else prays during the game. Wait for it. Because it’s cringe …..

Also please show where people are trying to justify their lifestyles

Wow.

So in one corner we have a militant atheist who is trying his level best to enforce religious terms on theists.

Then in the other corner someone who alledgedly believes in the Qur'an but also believes there will be another prophet/messenger after Mohammed (PBUH). Might explain why he believe Muslims follow the Bible. :)))

1st world problems.

:)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The fastest growing religion in america is <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/islam?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#islam</a> Alhamdulillah, brothers praying in the O Block projects in <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/chicago?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#chicago</a> ���� <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/oblock?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#oblock</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/chitown?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#chitown</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/muslim?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#muslim</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/muslims?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#muslims</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/alhamdulillah?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#alhamdulillah</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/usa?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#usa</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/america?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#america</a> <a href="https://t.co/JFJaX00iwh">pic.twitter.com/JFJaX00iwh</a></p>— Mutah Beale مطاع بيل (@MutahNapoleon) <a href="https://twitter.com/MutahNapoleon/status/1666892084903571458?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 8, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

tweet today from ex outlaw Napolean....are these brothers showing off too?

Wow.

So in one corner we have a militant atheist who is trying his level best to enforce religious terms on theists.

Then in the other corner someone who alledgedly believes in the Qur'an but also believes there will be another prophet/messenger after Mohammed (PBUH). Might explain why he believe Muslims follow the Bible. :)))

1st world problems.

Ah yes

The bible’s teaching in this matter is wrong but it was ok for the Prophet s.a to follow it until the Quran wasn’t fully revealed

The greatest minds in the history of earth are found here.

Wow.

1st world problems.

I thought Muslims following Bible was only Bahai's.

Lol at militant atheist. The best description I would say.

Wow.

1st world problems.

I think I am not the only one pointing it out. Plenty of people here who are not atheist have pointed it out. So your analysis as usual are NOT spot on.

You can believe what you want . He is doing all this and the drama he did in the WC to reach out to people just like you. .

How do you know. I dont think a militant atheist is in any position to lecture anybody about salat or spirituality. It's a sick joke. But one thing this has done is expose the innate hatred you have for Islam and somebody openly expressing their faith. It must hurt deep inside at a subconscious level knowing you will never ever feel what Riz feels..I pity you and your ilk.

How do you know. I dont think a militant atheist is in any position to lecture anybody about salat or spirituality. It's a sick joke. But one thing this has done is expose the innate hatred you have for Islam and somebody openly expressing their faith. It must hurt deep inside at a subconscious level knowing you will never ever feel what Riz feels..I pity you and your ilk.
How do I know? Because I can see and think. I don’t have hatred for individual people of faith. I do have a dislike for religion. But that’s not we are discussing here. Even explicitly stating that you keep on going on in a loop. I really don’t care for what rizwan feels inside . No need for falsehoods. But to each his own.

How do I know? Because I can see and think. I don’t have hatred for individual people of faith. I do have a dislike for religion. But that’s not we are discussing here. Even explicitly stating that you keep on going on in a loop. I really don’t care for what rizwan feels inside . No need for falsehoods. But to each his own.

Then why are you so bothered by what Rizwan does or anywhere Islam is discussed on PP? You get offended by any and everything concerning Islam that it's obvious that you either can't stand it or you just seek attention trying to insert yourself everywhere a religion is discussed that has nothing to do with you.

If it's actually "to each his own" then you wouldn't post 100 times daily on what one should do or not do.

If its each to his own why not leave him alone? It seems atheism doesn't teach you the values of letting one believe what they want and pray where they want.

I can see and think too. I see a man exercising his right to freedom of religion in the street. End of. Not my business to speculate beyond that. But you have gone a step further to insinuate that there is something sinister in this behaviour. You have gone as far as to attribute certain characteristics to Rizwan without knowing anything about his actual character. It's a very low thing to do. And unfortunately reflects badly on you.

If its each to his own why not leave him alone? It seems atheism doesn't teach you the values of letting one believe what they want and pray where they want.

I can see and think too. I see a man exercising his right to freedom of religion in the street. End of. Not my business to speculate beyond that. But you have gone a step further to insinuate that there is something sinister in this behaviour. You have gone as far as to attribute certain characteristics to Rizwan without knowing anything about his actual character. It's a very low thing to do. And unfortunately reflects badly on you.

Nobody is telling him not to pray. You keep going in circles. I can judge people without meeting them. I am sure u do all the time . It’s not atheism that has a problem with believers. Believers live freely in secular countries. It’s the religious countries where the “other” have to leave and take refuge in other countries. However that’s for another thread. This is about Mr rizwan praying to show off. So please keep it to that

Muslims have great affinity for Prophet Isa and his teachings.

The real teachings of Prophet Isa and not the fabricated ones in the current gospels (Muslims believe it to be).

PS Salim please don't hijack the post again.

The real teachings of Prophet Isa and not the fabricated ones in the current gospels (Muslims believe it to be).

PS Salim please don't hijack the post again.

Quran does not have any teachings of Isa. If you want to know the teachings, you have to go back to Christian Gospels.

A lot of things don't match between Isa and Jesus.

My question is, okay accepted that Rizwan does not know US well and might have thought the sidewalk was a good place to pray.

But, who filmed it and put it on social media. It must have been done with his consent?

This video is being discussed a lot.

It shows Mohammad Rizwan praying on the street in Boston during his current trip to the USA along with Babar Azam to attend a Harvard course.

Question really is, what was the need for Rizwan to pray on the street and is it a genuine desire to perform his religious duty or simply a publicity stunt?

You decide.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mohammad Rizwan praying Namaz on the street in Boston <a href="https://t.co/3DxjWbJ5ly">pic.twitter.com/3DxjWbJ5ly</a></p>— Saj Sadiq (@SajSadiqCricket) <a href="https://twitter.com/SajSadiqCricket/status/1666365164470386691?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 7, 2023</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 50%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/sb1b0l" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

His life his choice. He is doing the right thing unless he is disturbing someone,s life. there is nothing wrong here.

Exactly this.

Someone who prays 5 times a day and is very rigid in getting his prayers done, they would find space anywhere to pray.

The ones who dont pray, they will find excuse that oh our white neighbors would be offended, oh it doesnt look good. Prayer needs to be done in a designated place....

Tommarow if Rizwan is eating Halal food or eating fish or veg with foreign friends, the very same lot will come and say look at him and critisize him for it, he is living in a foreign country so he should eat haram meat

Nobody is telling him not to pray. You keep going in circles. I can judge people without meeting them. I am sure u do all the time . It’s not atheism that has a problem with believers. Believers live freely in secular countries. It’s the religious countries where the “other” have to leave and take refuge in other countries. However that’s for another thread. This is about Mr rizwan praying to show off. So please keep it to that

There you go again. Your arrogance is breathtaking. Everything you are saying about Rizwan is your biased opinion. Nothing more. Entirely subjective based on your thinking. You have judged him based on your own bias. Thus your opinion as I have said before irrelevant. You don't know him. You don't even know the situation in this case. You know nothing. Based on this premise you have decided he is showing off.

Perhaps there is an alternative view that seems more plausible. He was running late. Couldn't get to the mosque on time. Needed to pray. Found a spot..prayed..didn't bother anybody and walked away..many of us have done this.. but you don't believe so your automatic response is negative. How sad...like i said it shows your intolerance and hatred..you have been thoroughly exposed in this thread.

Exactly this.

Someone who prays 5 times a day and is very rigid in getting his prayers done, they would find space anywhere to pray.

The ones who dont pray, they will find excuse that oh our white neighbors would be offended, oh it doesnt look good. Prayer needs to be done in a designated place....

Tommarow if Rizwan is eating Halal food or eating fish or veg with foreign friends, the very same lot will come and say look at him and critisize him for it, he is living in a foreign country so he should eat haram meat

Exactly. My point exactly. Jo purtay nahin un ku chul puri wi hay...if they got up for fajr maybe they would be more humble.

Yes, that's exactly the arrogance that is against Islamic etiquettes of Sunnah, and this is exactly the arrogance, that IMO, Islamic God does not appreciate.

I don't think if the prophet (saw) would've the same sentiments of arrogance as you are displaying here. These are not Islamic etiquettes.
How is this arrogance? I feel bad for people that before praying they have to appease others. Islam has made it simple, pray anywhere you like.

Rizwan is praying on a public area, legally no one can stop him. Plus, he never obstructed anyones path.

No he may not end up peeing his pants - but if some crazy head in the street starts cussing at him, and sends humiliating remarks to his God and his prophet (saw), then it won't be a pleasant situation.
Again, illogical. So the fear that others will get angry, you will not follow your religion?

First of all, God isnt some small entity that humiliating remakes would destroy him. Second, if someone is getting offended that is that persons problem, not rizwans.

Your argument is like the those people that justify rape by saying it was the womens fault because she wore those clothes that made her get raped, but the logic fails when its men vs men rape.

And that's one of the reasons why the city of Boston or New York has provided designated spaces where Muslims can pray. One should use basic common sense. Not sure, why this concept seems so hard for you to understand? But then again, a third world mindset - not surprising.
THird world mindset? Sorry, but this only shows your mindset, kissing up to others and not forgetting common sense.

First of all, Rizwan doesnt live there, he is not aware where the mosques are. You guys are talking from the comfort of your laptops, while RIzwan was travelling. 2nd this is, it was MAGRIB, MAGRIB has the shortest prayer window, you have about 15 - 30 mins to get it done.
Now it could be he was trying ti find a mosque, didnt found one, so he decided to pray at the last minute. There are alot of factors here, but you and many other are judging withouth knowing what conditions he was in.

Exactly!
You should take this lecture and give it to your fellow country men in Pakistan to not make a scene if a visiting western couple starts having sex in a public park.
And while you are at it, also ask them to not put metal chains on a steel glass for public water drinking coolers.

You should take this argument and preach it to the westerns that if someone is praying than dont make a scene of insulting.

Its funny, how you want people coming from thrid world countries to ignore the sex and kissing in public, but still justifying that the natives living here will get offended by your namaz so dont pray at all.

In places like Boston and NYC, the real estate tax is astronomical and a major source of govt's revenue. But when a building is designated by same govt as a "house of worship" (Church, Mandir, Masjid etc), it gets huge tax exemptions - so the govt takes a big hit on revenue loss.

For that "two minutes", the city of Boston has taken large financial losses in designating 15 mosques in the 5 mile radius - use common sense and take advance of it.

Yeh, thats an argument that all foreign muslims should give for not praying.
Usuaully, you guys dont care about taxes infact complain. But when it comes to prayer than you start invovking this to justify not to pray.

Funny thing is all those that advocate taxes around here, still file for a tax refund...............

Islam is not about chest thumping and mere arrogance. And I would actually understood if a Pakistani would've displayed arrogance and hot headedness if the current Pakistan was some shinning light of an example for the rest of the world - but for now, its' like "Pichwaray mein dum nahi, hum kisi sey kum nahi".
inferiority complex

So because there is political issues, thus pakistanis shouldn't pray in public, but if it was a saudi sheikh, it would had been justified, cause of his country's status?

That is your inferiority complex.

Do you have the same attitude in the company where Indians work, just because they are economically better so you do yes sir to them?

2 mins of Namaz, the passerbys of new york had no issue, but so called muslims of Pakistani descendants have problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
If some youngsters who don't pray can get inspired by him and start praying, nothing is better than that then.

And if some people think he is only doing this for show off, well let Allah SWT decide that, we don't know what is in the heart of the people.

Exactly this.

Nobody would ever come and say you should be eating haram food. The scenario you mentioned is totally made up in your head.

There you go again. Your arrogance is breathtaking. Everything you are saying about Rizwan is your biased opinion. Nothing more. Entirely subjective based on your thinking. You have judged him based on your own bias. Thus your opinion as I have said before irrelevant. You don't know him. You don't even know the situation in this case. You know nothing. Based on this premise you have decided he is showing off.

Perhaps there is an alternative view that seems more plausible. He was running late. Couldn't get to the mosque on time. Needed to pray. Found a spot..prayed..didn't bother anybody and walked away..many of us have done this.. but you don't believe so your automatic response is negative. How sad...like i said it shows your intolerance and hatred..you have been thoroughly exposed in this thread.

Sure he as running late and had to pray. Fine. Why film it ??? Also why pray in the middle of a stadium during a game . Many people on this thread have pinged this out . Not just me

Sure he as running late and had to pray. Fine. Why film it ??? Also why pray in the middle of a stadium during a game . Many people on this thread have pinged this out . Not just me

Your speculating again. I can't change what's in your heart or head. You've made your mind up. Why not pray in the stadium? I would have done the same. Who filmed it? Do you know who filmed it? Clearly Riz didn't as he was praying. But even if someone filmed it, it is inspiring and should be shown to young people..

Nobody would ever come and say you should be eating haram food. The scenario you mentioned is totally made up in your head.

There are many here. They consider jhatka meat as halal.

Wow amazing that someone praying can cause so much heartache for some.

My advice to Riz would be to do what he feels is best and not worry about others.

Very well put. I think the reaction, to an essentially harmless act, says more about those triggered and their own beliefs, prejudices and discomfort with public displays of piety and perhaps with religion in general than it does about Rizwan.

Let’s also not reduce individuals to caricatures. Humans are complex, or as Walt Whitman put it, “I am large, I contain multitudes.” It is perfectly possible for an act to be both exhibitionistic and deeply felt.

This is ridiculous , Rizwan has tendency to do this. Religion is a personal thing and keep it that way, please.

This is quite a simple discussion point really

If you are a Muslim then we should always assume the best, no need for us to doubt his intentions. He didn't from what I could see disturb anyone else or cause an obvious obstruction. It looks like it's Maghrib time so there is less flexibility in terms of location. Again, as Muslims we have probably been in such a situation or very close to it

If you aren't a Muslim then frankly no one cares for your opinion on this matter, Rizwan won't care and Muslims won't care. You have a set of values that are based on a different yardstick or on your own desires. Don't try and apply them to Muslims, it's not for us.

This is ridiculous , Rizwan has tendency to do this. Religion is a personal thing and keep it that way, please.

If your point is it shouldn't be imposed on others then I agree

If, however your point is that it should be hidden (as I suspect it is) then I couldn't disagree more

If he was doing it genuinely then more power to him. The fact it got recorded and placed on social media has me thinking this is an attempt to gain attention and that is a dog dog act and really pathetic.

If he was doing it genuinely then more power to him. The fact it got recorded and placed on social media has me thinking this is an attempt to gain attention and that is a dog dog act and really pathetic.

As a non-Muslim, if you saw a guy (not anyone you recognize) praying on a US street, what would you make of it?

I wouldn't care if I felt it was genuine.

But you would give it so much attention? there are all sorts of street performers etc - would you pay so much attention to wonder if genuine etc?

But you would give it so much attention? there are all sorts of street performers etc - would you pay so much attention to wonder if genuine etc?

To answer your question no I wouldn't specifically look to see if the person praying was getting filmed. However, if I find out that the filming was done per the request of the person praying and it was put on social media, that would put me off...

We are splitting hairs to put it bluntly,

I have no issue if the praying was genuine,

However if it was done for publicity, it is a dog act.

Last edited:
To answer your question no I wouldn't specifically look to see if the person praying was getting filmed. However, if I find out that the filming was done per the request of the person praying and it was put on social media, that would put me off...

We are splitting hairs to put it bluntly,

I have no issue if the praying was genuine,

However if it was done for publicity, it is a dog act.

My point is why is it anyone's business? The whole of San Fransisco streets are full of homeless people on the streets doing God knows what but one guy praying on a mat without messing the streets is a problem.

My point is why is it anyone's business? The whole of San Fransisco streets are full of homeless people on the streets doing God knows what but one guy praying on a mat without messing the streets is a problem.

Its the whole act of using god to promote his popularity is the issue.

We are all unique individuals bro and we all take things differently.

Personally I didn't see any issues with the Kerala Story in UK Theaters but some muslims there were getting into the theaters and causing issues during the screening...

Oh he 100% did it for attention

Can someone tell me who placed the video on Social Media ?

Surely majority of the ppl in Boston would not be able to tell if the individual praying on the street was Mohammad Rizwan..

Have a look at this chap and the reactions of the people around him.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">There is no dearth of mosques in America where even churches and synagogues allow Muslims to pray in their premises.<br>These people show it to God and his people that we are praying instead of a very intimate and personal conversation with God.<a href="https://t.co/9ZlE83NIXR">pic.twitter.com/9ZlE83NIXR</a></p>— Murtaza Solangi (@murtazasolangi) <a href="https://twitter.com/murtazasolangi/status/1667788314450055168?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 11, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Have a look at this chap and the reactions of the people around him.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">There is no dearth of mosques in America where even churches and synagogues allow Muslims to pray in their premises.<br>These people show it to God and his people that we are praying instead of a very intimate and personal conversation with God.<a href="https://t.co/9ZlE83NIXR">pic.twitter.com/9ZlE83NIXR</a></p>— Murtaza Solangi (@murtazasolangi) <a href="https://twitter.com/murtazasolangi/status/1667788314450055168?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 11, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The man's dedication must be applauded. He is not disturbing anyone.

Now if they are offering prayers in hundreds on a busy street, that is inconvenience to the rest of the people. Here is a video of Muslims offering mass prayers in Time Square.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MMZG5ASIFO0" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Person accepting Islam at the ICNA convention with Mohammad Rizwan on the stage

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/u1o2n1" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Back