[VIDEO] Mohammad Shami stopped himself from doing a Sajda?

Shami did not want to do the Sajdah when he picked 5 wkts against NZ. Never did that when he took all those 5 wickets in test matches. Suddenly he wanted to do that after taking the wicket of the great Kasun Rajitha!!!. He was bowling the 5th over in that spell and most probably his last. The 9 th wicket partnership was getting irritating and he wanted his 5 wickets. When he got that, it was relief and tiredness which got him hit the ground. This is what i felt, not sure. Then again , he is an Indian first and next only comes being Muslim. Pakistanis should not bother about taking ownership of every Muslim in the world

India might have won the match, but this incident has taken off shine from everything in the WC.

Such a shame.

No, he is right actually. I knew about Bumrah, wasn't aware of Gill's identity, which is why I asked.
Oh yeah. Just saw

I always thought he was Gujrati. As during the Pakistan match a commentator mentioned he is playing at his home ground
Turns out he is Punjabi

Are you employed in India?

I have seen thousands of Indians in the country I live in enter illegally and now cleaning toilets (surprisingly they are really good at it considering they don't have many toilets in India)
What's the GDP per capita in India? Even lower than Bangladesh. Massive unemployment and underemployment there

But you guys act like you are some China/US

People from developing countries all over the world try to enter developed countries like US, Canada etc. What's different?

Is high GDP the reason that Bangladeshi muslims illegally coming to India which like PPs say here is anti Muslim country.
I know a lot of people who have employed BDs as house help that do all type of works including cleanig the toilets.

Finally, India still have toilet problem?
STOP using INTERNET EXPLORER.

Are you employed in India?

I have seen thousands of Indians in the country I live in enter illegally and now cleaning toilets (surprisingly they are really good at it considering they don't have many toilets in India)
What's the GDP per capita in India? Even lower than Bangladesh. Massive unemployment and underemployment there

But you guys act like you are some China/US
Can you google top 3 biggest IT software countries in the world? Its India followed by US not even China.

IPL is bigger than NFL with recent teams luckno and gurajrat more than 1 billion dollars.

Despite a shared history, if you are in self denial of Indias progress in general and relative to Pakistan, there is no point having a constructive argument. Hatred, jealousy does not help in honest self reflection of self or country !

Bharatiya system enables Muslims like Siraj, Shami to reach the top , play for Bharat, make so much money , become the best version of themselves, create generational wealth and all that Pakistanis can whine about is him allegedly having two thoughts about doing a sajda.

This is ridiculous for a nation which doesn’t have a conducive atmosphere for its own minorities to excel in life. How many Hindus, Christians, Sikhs have Pakistan enabled to become superstars in Pakistan?

Fact is that despite all the negative talk, no Bharatiya Muslim would rather be in Pakistan.
Hmm so your response to the video basically is:

These guys are allowed to be top players in the country and earn big

Pakistan is worse

Wasim Akram is a proven match fixer

We Pakistanis consider him a traitor all the time that is why he is always pissed off. Fixers like him should be paraded naked and hanged on the streets
What games did wasim fix? Where is the proof? How can he be called as such when most people believe he is one of the best ever?

What games did wasim fix? Where is the proof? How can he be called as such when most people believe he is one of the best ever?
If you have time bro, read on the Qayyum report.

Even fellow cricketers who played the 99 final say the team had decided to bowl first in damp overcast Lords conditions. But Wasim went out, won the toss and batted first

We got bundled out for 130

See the guy fixed a WC final, can we we Pakistanis respect him?
We would have won 2 WCs like India had he been honest to his country

If you have time bro, read on the Qayyum report.

Even fellow cricketers who played the 99 final say the team had decided to bowl first in damp overcast Lords conditions. But Wasim went out, won the toss and batted first

We got bundled out for 130

See the guy fixed a WC final, can we we Pakistanis respect him?
We would have won 2 WCs like India had he been honest to his country
Him missing or not wanting to play one of the games in a knock out game I believe in 96 was very mysterious. But yea I will read through them. Lot of infighting caused issues but I would never have though wasim fixed games. Tbf in 99 even if we bowled first against that Aussie team I think we would have lost.

However we could have beaten india and Lanka in 96.

Shami did not want to do the Sajdah when he picked 5 wkts against NZ. Never did that when he took all those 5 wickets in test matches. Suddenly he wanted to do that after taking the wicket of the great Kasun Rajitha!!!. He was bowling the 5th over in that spell and most probably his last. The 9 th wicket partnership was getting irritating and he wanted his 5 wickets. When he got that, it was relief and tiredness which got him hit the ground. This is what i felt, not sure. Then again , he is an Indian first and next only comes being Muslim. Pakistanis should not bother about taking ownership of every Muslim in the world
Indian first and Muslim "only" second? How do you get to decide and rank his identities? Him being Indian does not outrank his religion. And if it does, then shame on India and to hell with indianness.

Indian first and Muslim "only" second? How do you get to decide and rank his identities? Him being Indian does not outrank his religion. And if it does, then shame on India and to hell with indianness.
Who are u to prioritize the religiousness and identity of a person from dushman mulk.No one has that right other than the respected person. He can become an atheist too from today.its his wish.

It appears that some of our friends have successfully derailed this thread to try and hide what was actually asked in Post #1.

O8JdwDB.png

So let me lay it out again and see if anyone has the courage to answer what is ACTUALLY the topic of this thread.

1. Do they think based on the video and photographic evidence that Shami was about to do a Sajda like many Muslims do to thank the Almighty for his feat?

2. If he stopped himself, why did he do that?

3. If he stopped himself because of fear of a backlash by the majority then is that right or wrong.

==

I know it's tough for many to come to terms with it but best you confront this issue as acceptance is the first step towards improvement.

Once again to clarify for some as they are having issues:

1. Shami is not from Pakistan
2 He is not related to Kaneria or Mohammad Yousuf
3. He was not a participant in the 1947 negotiations
4. He is not a minority in Pakistan

Each of these are different topics and discussed at length in other threads.

From now on, any posts not related to Shami will not be visible.

I don't think his faith is soo weak that he cares about what someone thinks. Winners take it all. Jo jeetha wahi Sikander. You do Sajda, Bhangra whatever, you keep winning no one will complain..

Knowing the mentality of andhbhakhts in my country and how low they can go to prove their points, I can fully sympathise with Shami. He is not new to controversy. Had he performed sajda, andhbhakhts would have brought his personal life controversies into limelight again. Good presence of mind by Shami to avoid it at the last moment. :inti

I am asking you a straight question bring me video or picture where shami was doing sajda on ground ,he haven't took first time five wicket haul and shami is playing even in that time when Congress used to rule so how you concluded he was about to do sajda?
There is always a first time lol. This could have been his first. He controlled his emotions at the last moment. :inti

Knowing the mentality of andhbhakhts in my country and how low they can go to prove their points, I can fully sympathise with Shami. He is not new to controversy. Had he performed sajda, andhbhakhts would have brought his personal life controversies into limelight again. Good presence of mind by Shami to avoid it at the last moment. :inti
So you think they Indian players were stopped shami for doing sajdaa??

In my opinion, he was simply relaxing after bowling five straight overs, likely due to exhaustion from Mumbai's excessive heat and humidity.
That was the case but unfortunately some fan's always brings conspiracies theory regrading India. They just want a point to bashed them

So you think they Indian players were stopped shami for doing sajdaa??
Can you read? Where did I say Indian players stopped him? I clearly said Shami showed good presence of mind to avoid it at the last moment. Why are you getting so worked up lol? :inti

Can you read? Where did I say Indian players stopped him? I clearly said Shami showed good presence of mind to avoid it at the last moment. Why are you getting so worked up lol? :inti
Ok let's assume shami was avoided. Has Shami ever not did any sajdaa on the ground before??

Picture is not showing anything lol
don't judge a book by its cover .
View attachment 138599
If you are think that shami was going to do sajda then what was Pakistan players doing - sajda or anything else as you can guess by photo itself

Once again, get over the obsession with Pakistan players.

So just so you don't get away with this sort of disingenuous behaviour:

Watch the video. He raised his hands towards the heavens and then started to go down from a standing position after having completed his bowling action etc

Picture you have of a Pakistan players is probably after a run out or some disappointment.

Shami is celebrating.

Watch the video. He raised his hands towards the heavens and then started to go down from a standing position after having completed his bowling action etc

Picture you have of a Pakistan players is probably after a run out or some disappointment.

Shami is celebrating.
After every wicket most of bowlers look at heaven that doesn't mean he was going to sajdaa. He was tired due to conditions that why he was Just relaxing himself .

Shami is celebrating.
That's why I asked him to post the video. :inti

It appears that some of our friends have successfully derailed this thread to try and hide what was actually asked in Post #1.

O8JdwDB.png

So let me lay it out again and see if anyone has the courage to answer what is ACTUALLY the topic of this thread.

1. Do they think based on the video and photographic evidence that Shami was about to do a Sajda like many Muslims do to thank the Almighty for his feat?

3. If he stopped himself because of fear of a backlash by the majority then is that right or wrong.

==

I know it's tough for many to come to terms with it but best you confront this issue as acceptance is the first step towards improvement.

Once again to clarify for some as they are having issues:

1. Shami is not from Pakistan
2 He is not related to Kaneria or Mohammad Yousuf
3. He was not a participant in the 1947 negotiations
4. He is not a minority in Pakistan

Each of these are different topics and discussed at length in other threads.

From now on, any posts not related to Shami will not be visible.
It's crystal clear from the video and the photo that Shami INTENTIONALLY stopped halfway doing sajdah to thank God

Why would he do so intentionally?

Maybe He wanted to send out a message that he in particular and Muslims in India in general are not being allowed do basic religious acts. And stopping halfway is symbolic to that.

Maybe the team Management are stopping him from consuming non-veg as well. Wouldn't be surprised if they are.

He was also kept out of the team for the longest time and a mediocre cricketer like Shardul was playing. Because the Muslim representation of maximum 1/11 was being fulfilled by Siraj.

Shami nai kuch na keh kai
Kaafi kuch keh diya

What's this picture showing?

Is Pakistan player celebrating?

Do you actually understand the concept of Sajda?

If not ask or check on Google

Stop wasting our time.
I understand both sajda and how Bowler relaxing after getting tired.

Lol we are enjoying Indian win and shami was performing well but seem like you are not happy so bring these nonsense thing just to satisfied urself and feel good infront of certain fan's .

Thread is not about enjoying India win.

A few threads for that.

Stay on topic.

Lol we are enjoying Indian win and shami was performing well but seem like you are not happy so bring these nonsense thing just to satisfied urself and feel good infront of certain fan's .
Calm down. I didn't start this discussion. In my opinion he stopped himself from doing a sajda fearing a backlash from 'sab changa si' group. :inti

While it looks like Shami was trying to do it sajda and he did stop himself. And I do feel for him, he is doing highest form service to the nation and should be immune to such non issues like whether he did sajda or not.

But I blame Pakistan for making Sajda a political statement and polarizing it to an extent that every Muslim has to now think about what it means.

Had Pakistani players not been doing it, Shami would have been fine. it is the fact that Pakistan does it makes it political and not what it actually is, just thanking the almighty.

Feeling sorry for Shami and good for him to avoid aligning himself with dushman mulk.

Calm down. I didn't start this discussion. In my opinion he stopped himself from doing a sajda fearing a backlash from 'sab changa si' group. :inti
No one have any problem if do any sajdaa . Don't take some social media troll to serious . 140 Cr m 10-20 lakh idiots to milenge hi but log in 10-20 lakhs ko hi indian fan samj ke country ko defame karte h .

While it looks like Shami was trying to do it sajda and he did stop himself. And I do feel for him, he is doing highest form service to the nation and should be immune to such non issues like whether he did sajda or not.

But I blame Pakistan for making Sajda a political statement and polarizing it to an extent that every Muslim has to now think about what it means.

Had Pakistani players not been doing it, Shami would have been fine. it is the fact that Pakistan does it makes it political and not what it actually is, just thanking the almighty.

Feeling sorry for Shami and good for him to avoid aligning himself with dushman mulk.

Challo - good start - acceptance.

Secondly once again, understand the concept of Sajda first.

Don't insult Muslims around the world and those in your country who you call your compatriots with such ignorant statements.

As a good review of Google will tell you, Muslims perform Sajda a good few times a day in their daily lives - this was not invented by Pakistan.

The ignorance! Wow.

……

Courage? It’s more like time or patience to reply. This is just an online discussion.

This is a leading question.

Do you or anyone else have proof this version mod the story is true? If so, happy to discuss further.

If not, it’s hot air we’re all blowing. And all “he believed/ she believed” kind of stuff.

See #1.

See #1.

==

I know it's tough for many to come to terms with it but best you confront this issue as acceptance is the first step
towards improvement.

I don’t claim all’s well India. But you are now sounding like you already have an opinion based on an incident that is NOT proven. And are advising us to accept and deal with it.

Don't insult Muslims around the world and those in your country who you call your compatriots with such ignorant statements.

As a good review of Google will tell you, Muslims perform Sajda a good few times a day in their daily lives - this was not invented by Pakistan.

The ignorance! Wow.
Yes, I was not aware the actual meaning of Sajda. Apologies to anyone who might be offended.

But, my point still stands, sajda is an issue, not because of the Muslim connotation, but because of Pakistani connotation. And it is wise to avoid aligning with anything political when the downside is so low.

If there were a Nobel Prize for conspiracy theories, Pakistanis would win it every year with their eyes closed.

And the prize for the most triggered fans of any country when confronted with anything remotely negative about themselves would go to India.

Some frustrated fans after seeing India’s victorious run bringing religion in everything…. Please note Shami I’m post match presentation, never said anything about it….. due to humid and hot weather shami wanted to relax by sitting on the pitch but realised in time that Srilankan batsman might take objection… he quickly back on his feet.

Good job shami stopped half way he would have had a backlash,

every one knows india is an Islamophobia country there are many islamophobia incidents reported and most islamophobia incidents are from india just search for news articles on Google and you will be surprised
In that case its just not Muslims, Sikhs have had their fair share too in the 80's

Now those saying its an assumption that he was going to do sajda and he was tired etc..

Muslims do sajda many times in a day and we know the action very well starting from pre action till the very end of the action so your not experts in that matter at all so by bring other pictures which are not sajda you making self look like a fool

Some frustrated fans after seeing India’s victorious run bringing religion in everything…. Please note Shami I’m post match presentation, never said anything about it….. due to humid and hot weather shami wanted to relax by sitting on the pitch but realised in time that Srilankan batsman might take objection… he quickly back on his feet.
where do you lot come up with such theories?

considering that fact he bowled 5 overs till that point

Seems like he did abort it. At the same time one doesn't need to read much in to it.

That's just copium. Brothers can't accept that Non islamic country can have muslims in prominent positions and do well on merit.

More Muslims report of discrimination in Pakistan than in India.

So that proves that Shami was not performing Sajda but carrying out some strange Yoga routine?

Most hospitals for eg in my city have a separate room for Muslims to do their prayers. The CRPF/Army randomly lending a bus to people from minority religions to travel on a religious occasion happens regularly without a big show and dance on social media.

I think thanks to Modi, Pakistanis have a bizarre view on the lives of Muslims in India.

A lot of us oppose Modi because we hold the country's principles to high standards. Not because the daily lives of Muslims is a living hell at the hands of the Hindu majority.

Also, the fact that there was a court case filed against Rizwan means that the Sajda is a controversial act.

I also recall during the 2021 t20 world cup an Indian TV channel was debating Rizwan praying on the field; they even called Mohammad Kaif for his expert opinion.

Just wondering why the Sajda generates so much debate, guys like Mo Salah do it all the time. If one is truly secular should all sorts of religious gestures be tolerated. Or does secularism mean that no one is allowed to portray any sort of religious act ever.

Without going in to an India vs Pakistan debate it does seem that the Sajda is highly controversial. Not sure why.

Also, the fact that there was a court case filed against Rizwan means that the Sajda is a controversial act.

I also recall during the 2021 t20 world cup an Indian TV channel was debating Rizwan praying on the field; they even called Mohammad Kaif for his expert opinion.

Just wondering why the Sajda generates so much debate, guys like Mo Salah do it all the time. If one is truly secular should all sorts of religious gestures be tolerated. Or does secularism mean that no one is allowed to portray any sort of religious act ever.

Without going in to an India vs Pakistan debate it does seem that the Sajda is highly controversial. Not sure why.

Only for those who are against Islam.

For Muslims this is a normal day-to-day thing.

The root cause is sickularism. They headless chicken aka seculars love muslims who do yoga and play the Veena but not the one who wears his religion with pride. The worst of them was mohandas, who wanted muslims to say Jai Shri Ram and hindus to say Allah-hu-Akbar. That is not secularism, but syncretism. Sar wee are eendians first and hindus muslims wonly second.

What he was doing only Shami would know and the almighty....Why dont you arrange an interview Miggy Saab with Shami and doodh ka doodh and paani ka paani, instead of speculating? From memory you have always drawn a strict line on speculation.

If Shami was stopped from doing Sajda, or stopped himself from fear for being lynched then laanat on India, but if he wasnt doing sajda then laanat on PPers for acting like dehati besharama gupshup mangoris

I will ignore some of the stuff in your post which normally should get you banned.

As for your interview thing, why is an interview needed when you can make up your mind?

If you feel he was not doing a Sajda - then so be it. Move on.

I will ignore some of the stuff in your post which normally should get you banned.

As for your interview thing, why is an interview needed when you can make up your mind?

If you feel he was not doing a Sajda - then so be it. Move on.
I dont have a stance on whether he was stopped or not, as only he and his maker will know the truth at the moment, unless Shami himself clarifies.

Could he have stopped himself due to current political climate in India- Yes
Could he be doing something else- Yes

We dont know the truth and rest is all speculation, with everyone coming with everyone speculating but some firmer than others in ensuring the speculation is the truth and nothing but the truth (regardless of which side of the fence they sit).

The root cause is sickularism. They headless chicken aka seculars love muslims who do yoga and play the Veena but not the one who wears his religion with pride. The worst of them was mohandas, who wanted muslims to say Jai Shri Ram and hindus to say Allah-hu-Akbar. That is not secularism, but syncretism. Sar wee are eendians first and hindus muslims wonly second.
Get help brother. You need it.

Yes, I was not aware the actual meaning of Sajda. Apologies to anyone who might be offended.

But, my point still stands, sajda is an issue, not because of the Muslim connotation, but because of Pakistani connotation. And it is wise to avoid aligning with anything political when the downside is so low.
Very predictable from someone who likes to judge & lecture random people on Internet without knowing the full context. It's good to know the level of some people who are so absurd to act like a moral police & yet comment ignorantly on another religion. Pakistanis don't own the copyright of sajdah like you so childishly tried to claim. Iranians, Saudi Arabaians, Turks, Bangladeshis, Algerians literally every Muslim nations & their sportsmen do it regularly on the field. Then again I am not surprised as you wouldn't be aware of all this.

Very predictable from someone who likes to judge & lecture random people on Internet without knowing the full context. It's good to know the level of some people who are so absurd to act like a moral police & yet comment ignorantly on another religion. Pakistanis don't own the copyright of sajdah like you so childishly tried to claim. Iranians, Saudi Arabaians, Turks, Bangladeshis, Algerians literally every Muslim nations & their sportsmen do it regularly on the field. Then again I am not surprised as you wouldn't be aware of all this.
sajdah in sports was started by Indians. Not even Pakistanis

The ignorance! Wow.
I don't think he even realizes

Last edited by a moderator:

It's only controversial in India and yet they claim to be a secular country

You can do sajda all day long in countries like UK America Australia and nobody will bat and eye lid

where do you lot come up with such theories?

considering that fact he bowled 5 overs till that point
U don’t know about Mumbai heat, yesterday I watched full match in AC at home, but still I was feeling humidity

Therefore, after taking 5 wkts, surely Shammi was tired…

Don’t understand u ppls theory… anyone bending down doesn’t mean he is performing sajda

Back