[VIDEO] Mohammad Shami stopped himself from doing a Sajda?

I dont get it why Indians got so triggered that they are now resorting to personal attacks.

Like only joshila was able to say maybe that guy wasnt doing a sajdah, while the rest have gone crazy and dont know what narrative they need to follow for this crises.

I am asking you a straight question bring me video or picture where shami was doing sajda on ground ,he haven't took first time five wicket haul and shami is playing even in that time when Congress used to rule so how you concluded he was about to do sajda?

Ok, so what was he about to do then? Was he doing a cat-cow yoga stretch?

I dont get it why Indians got so triggered that they are now resorting to personal attacks.

Like only joshila was able to say maybe that guy wasnt doing a sajdah, while the rest have gone crazy and dont know what narrative they ne
when team doesn't perform somehow something have to console ,How the hell india is demolishing everyone, i hope Babar continue to perform 50(70) and they gets again busy in calling him King Bradman Babar that's still better than these thread🤣

Last edited by a moderator:
Right, the way Kaneria treated Afridi during his playing day was disgraceful.

Btw where is the 'Youhanna' of Yusuf nowdays?

Youhanna converted by choice, read my reply post #35.

Was Kaneria ever prevented from thanking or giving credit to Baghwan in his interviews? I know he has been badmouthing team mates for trying to get him to convert, but he was well within his rights to say no thanks, and that's no doubt what he did. He could also have responded by asking them to become low caste Hindus instead.

Shami bhai will play his 100th ODI in the semi final. Inshallah, he will do Sajda then. 🙏

Was Kaneria ever prevented from thanking or giving credit to Baghwan in his interviews? I know he has been badmouthing team mates for trying to get him to convert, but he was well within his rights to say no thanks, and that's no doubt what he did. He could also have responded by asking them to become low caste Hindus instead.
That's really pathetic thinking.

He wanted to kiss the ground. There is no evidence he wanted to do Sajda Rizwan style.

Ok, so what was he about to do then? Was he doing a cat-cow yoga stretch?
So now you admit that it was assumption that's what I was saying maybe your right

I have also an assumption that he was touching ground to sense Tremors of earthquake he caused are enough devastating to make it ripples goes across the border.

For your info I am gonna tell you that I don't like Modi and his andhbhakts even a bit but we love our nation and won't Welcome a farce agenda just like this sajda-gate here, we are 20% and strong community and no one can stop us exercising our faith you are misinformed.

Do you share any sympathy for how pakistani hindus get treated. 1000s of hindu girls are forced to convert every year, raped and treated like 3rd class citizens. And non Muslims can't be elected as president or pm in pak while in India we have had multiple Muslim presidents. And why are you making religion an issue. India won and everyone is loving shami while your team is the biggest joke in the tournament
Nice one bro

I am glad to know that Kaneria wasn't stopped to thank gods but was asked to convert. That too have a asterisk of badmouthing. Very convenient.

Youhanna converted by choice, Okay!!
Since people are so free to convert to religion of their choice in Pak, I am sure there must be good number of muslims who left Islam and converted to other religion. So good to know this.

Total three non muslim players played in all these years, one converted, one was asked to convert and treated poorly due to his religion but India is so evil. Lol

So now you admit that it was assumption that's what I was saying maybe your right

I have also an assumption that he was touching ground to sense Tremors of earthquake he caused are enough devastating to make it ripples goes across the border.

For your info I am gonna tell you that I don't like Modi and his andhbhakts even a bit but we love our nation and won't Welcome a farce agenda just like this sajda-gate here, we are 20% and strong community and no one can stop us exercising our faith you are misinformed.

Yes, of course it's an assumption, bro; no one can be certain for sure because he didn't do it. But that's kind of the point that i'm making. But my theory probably has more legs than yours.

And if we are being real here, it kinda sucks to be a minority in India and and also sucks to be a minority in Pakistan. And while we love our respective nations, there is no point having our heads stuck in the sand about these things. The main thing is, that everyone (on all sides) should be able to thank their lord(s) without being scared.

Yeah I’m sure Shami is really feeling bad right now and would rather be in Pakistan than India.

Unfortunately Rizwan was the reason for Waqar's comment. Then the Gaza comment irked Indians. We all know Rizzy is already overboard with the religious stuff as it is. Jai Shri Ram chants happened amidst a perfect storm and that too in Modi stadium in front of patriotic gujjus. It's a one off
What did he say or do that was overboard.

India as a country and Indian cricket team keeps religion out of sports. You will never see an Indian player thanking god or saying jai shriram during post match presentations.
You would be surprised..

The concept of doing Sajdah never really came from Pakistan originally. But it came from india the first prominent event of this.

Because prostrating is something that was often seen in sufism and sufism played a major part in the subcontinent, that even Guru nanak admired sufism.

1698949303055.png
Two Sikh players performing the sajda at the end of the Pakistan-India final of the 1975 Hockey World Cup.

NFP explains the above in the article below, how this sajdah started not from cricket, but from Hockey, and Indian players did it

You would be surprised..

The concept of doing Sajdah never really came from Pakistan originally. But it came from india the first prominent event of this.

Because prostrating is something that was often seen in sufism and sufism played a major part in the subcontinent, that even Guru nanak admired sufism.

So are you saying the modern Pakistani player is merely copying Indians :srt

I have no problem with people doing a Sajda if its sincere. Now I don't know if it's sincere but personally we can thank Allah with a quiet Shuker alhamdulillah. Inds get triggered by the Sajda by Ind is run by Hindu govt with religion at its heart

Next time Inshallah, you will do it Shami.

O8JdwDB.png

You know, this is the reason your team is underperforming this WC - you guys are concentrating on everything under the sun (background music, crowd, religious gestures, Ummah, welcome party etc) - everything except your cricket. Tum logon ne kya Shami ka koi theka uthaya hua hai? Why are you all getting outraged or triggered on his behalf? Did he ask for your help?

To clear all these questions ....in post match presentation commentator should have asked him ..what he was doing by bending toe

It is clear as daylight that he was trying to do the sajda. But I think one of the reasons he didn't,was that a fielder came up close in front of him.

Pointed to the heavens.

Then went towards a Sajdah and changed his mind it seems?

He was going to do sajda but stopped after he remembered that Pakistan lost 4 in a row after Rizwan did sajda after beating Sri lanka.

Jokes aside, he was likely out of breath and resting (you can see him breathing heavy). He is not a islamist who brings religion everywhere, he got trolled for playing chess and because his daughter and wife wore sleeveless dresses.

Oh I'm sure plenty would have cared.What's "no need" supposed to mean here? It's someone's choice if he wants to do it. Full stop.
And it was his choice that he didn't do it. So why are we crying here as if he was deprived. As far as "no need" goes, it's my opinion.

Literally always with the toxicity in these threads.

Don't mind a bit of neighbourly fire, but every second post is an India v Pak, Hindu v Muslim, flame war.

It's a massive turn off. I'm secure in myself. Pak aren't great, India is shining, why can't guys just deal with it and move on.

Always looking for some sort of one-upmanship wherever it can be found. Both sides. So petty.

Like only joshila was able to say maybe that guy wasnt doing a sajdah, while the rest have gone crazy and dont know what narrative they need to follow for this crises.

Only pakistanis thought he was doing Sajda and stopped and started a non existent controversy.

Indians are giving it back.

Shami should fear only Allah(One true God). Hopefully next time he intends to perform Sajdah he'll not think about any sort of backlash or repercussions

Shami should fear only Allah(One true God). Hopefully next time he intends to perform Sajdah he'll not think about any sort of backlash or repercussions
Exactly, who's to say if he even practices or not. He could be like Shahukh Khan.

His faith is between him and his God as is SRK's. That should be enough for onlookers.

Some padosi experts
Some even propagated that Arshdeep is dropped because of non cricketing reasons. Reality is that he was dropped from Odis only where his performance was poor and we had better options. He was a part of WI T20I series and then our Asian Games squad.

And then these people expect that we will just agree with whatever they want to make us believe.

Connection?

Stay on topic.

Do you see anything odd in that video that troubles you?
Yes, it troubles us that sensible people like you repeatedly try to dig out controversies when there are none. I remember when SL lost India earlier this year by 319 runs you created a post seeking ICC/SLC to investigate it. Surprised yoy didn't bumop that thread to seek another investigation or does not not warrant as Sl loss will suit Pakistan.

You conveniently forgot to mention that in the post match interview he thanked Allah for the success. Well good luck with such mindset from educated Pakistanis.

Pakistani Christians and Hindus should certainly feel free to express their thanks to their deities, it was always a source of pride for me when we had players like Youhanna, Dalpat and Kaneria representing, if they wanted to thank Jesus or Baghwan, why would anyone object?
Then why were Pakistani players constantly asking him to convert and also did not eat food with Kaneria. He himself has mentione this? Oh yes, this narrative doesn't suit you.

Proud of our Muslim brother either way. It’s been Muslim pacers who have been carrying the Indian pace battery more often than not since the time of Zaheer Khan and Irfan Pathan and now it’s Muhammad Siraj and Muhammad Shami.

Yes it is sad that he cannot show his gratitude to God out in the open for being blessed with bowling skill, his hesitancy is understandable based on the bashing he was getting by Indians not so long ago on Twitter where they targeted his religion.

I may not want India to win, but I want my Muslim brothers and sisters to go above and beyond in their careers. I’m sure all Muslims do.

Allah Humma Barik Lahu (and also to Siraj)

We can't speculate. Its his decision and only he knows what was going through his mind and what his intentions were.

Personally, this is an unnecessary discussion that shouldn’t have been brought up.

But by the same token reading some of the comments in this thread I feel a few things need to be corrected.

Kaneria has no credibility because he got more chances than any spinner ever deserved in the Pakistan team. Just because we didn’t want to support a fixer after he was disgraced himself he comes out with all his current nonsense and also trying to gain Indian fans on his YouTube channel that noone cares about.

Secondly, how would Pakistanis react. Well Yousuf when he was Youhana regularly crossed himself after milestones and noone batted an eyelid.

1. We don’t know whether he was doing a sajda or not. Did he do it after his previous 5 wicket hauls, after the NZ game?

2. If he was doing a sajda and stopped, do we know why? It could be that others were already jumping on him to congratulate so he stopped.

All of this thread is purely speculation based on nothing.

If this is true, then may Allah swt grant tawfeeq to perform sajda in front of his Lord. All Muslims need to band together in such testing times.

Probably just stopped from doing sajda because those indulging in it seem to be failures anyway .
Success and failure are part of everyone's life.
For a true Muslim, worshiping Allah is not a matter of profit or loss. Muslim is someone who believes in divine intervention and accepts the will of Allah

I have watched it live and posted in match thread as well. Basically he first looked at the sky and then kneeled down (probably wanted to do sajda) but other players came running towards him to congratulate for his 5 wicket haul. He stopped bcoz there was no space to do sajda as everyone was grabbing him in jubilation. All happened in the flow of things and nothing was pre-planned.

It is hilarious to see people are peddling all sort of narratives based on this moment like how Muslims are not safe in India, how they are proud of Jinnah, how Andhbhakts are burning today etc etc. Just bcoz you cannot beat them in cricket field, conjure some conspiracy to reduce the pain. It is unfortunately becoming a regular occurrence and getting too predictive. Just like how Crowd chanting Jai Shri Ram was debated to death after Pakistan folded for 36/8, I knew some other controversy going to creep after SL getting all out for 55. None of these would have been highlighted if India was losing or not doing in this world cup. Probably next time send a good cricket team...so that there will be no excuses required to hide.

M.Shami is a proud Indian and has never complained that anyone in India has ever stopped him from practicing his faith.

The only cricketer who regularly criticize that his country has mistreated him for his religion is Danish Kaneria. But of course he is a liar and all that...

Then why were Pakistani players constantly asking him to convert and also did not eat food with Kaneria. He himself has mentione this? Oh yes, this narrative doesn't suit you.
Do you think shami can eat beef in front of the Indian squad

Also This has balaji vibes to it
No point making shami a martyr over it

Point is: Pakistan declared it will be an ISLAMIC state in 1947

India said it will be SECULAR and so millions of Muslims decided to stay back and not migrate to Pakistan

Is India really secular now?

I also feel really bad for Indian Muslims brothers as they have to see the country they decided to stay back in lose KNOCKOUT games in ICC events for the last 10 years
then why are Ahmedis not considered Muslims in Pakistan? Can they make goat sacrifices on Bakrid? Can they call their place of worship as Masjids? In India, they have all the rights. India is a better place for Muslims than Pakistan. Pakistanis have failed Jinnah.

Name one BOWLER in cricketing history who got to play 61 test matches with a mediocre average 34?
Only Danish Kaneria- if he was "discriminated " may God bring such discrimination on everyone

Yousaf Youhana had already CAPTAINED Pakistan in a few matches before he converted
Shoaib Akhtar had revealed that his teammates refused to eat with Danish Kaneria. You would want God to bring such discrimination on everyone?

Do you think shami can eat beef in front of the Indian squad

Also This has balaji vibes to it
No point making shami a martyr over it
Dude the cow is sacred to them. We have the Holy Book and Prophet sacred to us, would you like it if they bring them into the discussion?

Please have basic decency and do not involve cow/beef in your discussion. And respect what is sacred to them

India said it will be SECULAR and so millions of Muslims decided to stay back and not migrate to Pakistan

I also feel really bad for Indian Muslims brothers as they have to see the country they decided to stay back in lose KNOCKOUT games in ICC events for the last 10 years
Point is whilst Pakistan declared itself to be an Islamic state, is it really an Islamic state in reality, does it resemble anything your Quaid late Mr Jinnah envisioned? Do you really want me to type what his vision of Pakistan was?? Is Pakistan anywhere near an Islamic state, except for name?

Better to be seeing losing their team in KO, than seeing their team whimper out at group stage?

Or maybe depending on other teams for having a chance to progress?

I know which option Muslims/Christian/Sikh/Hindu/Jewish etc. fans of any team would prefer, though theres always a village guy who would argue otherwise...

Man I can shred this post and misconception of yours to pieces but lets stick to Shami and cricket since its the cricket section.

If you want to know more about India's secularism and how Indian muslims are treated, pls open a thread in Time Pass section. I will then exactly let you know what is where and when.

Man I can shred this post and misconception of yours to pieces but lets stick to Shami and cricket since its the cricket section.

If you want to know more about India's secularism and how Indian muslims are treated, pls open a thread in Time Pass section. I will then exactly let you know what is where and when.
But we know though. Don't we?.

Lets not resort to straw man

And then Pakistanis wonder why the hostility in Ahmedabad. Afghans and Bangladeshis are Muslim nations and their fans never bother about all this needless stuff. Pakistanis the self appointed thekedaars of ummat who have over the last half a century eaten up their minorities into non existence wanna talk about all this, ridiculous unawareness of reality.
Afghanistan is going to play at Ahmedabad.We will see whether there will be any slogans are directed at them or not.If nothing happens, we have to treat it as one off gesture directed towards Waqar/Rizwan combo.

You don't need to perform any body act, it's all about internal gesture - he can thank internally as well. Why make this a big fuss, last time he got pasted for being a Muslim etc, the guy went through a bad phase with wife too.

Why can't people be just happy for the guy and the performance, what this obsession with that he didn't do

It is shameful to see that Indian Muslim success stories cause so much pain and frustration for Pakistanis.

Shami is a proud Indian. He is proud to represent India. He is a hero to all Indian cricket fans not just Muslim cricket fans.

If given a choice, he would never want to turn the clock back to 1947 and have his forefathers leave India for Pakistan.

If India win the World Cup and he performs a sajdah, he won’t become any less of a hero to any Indian.

You will find successful Indian Muslims in every field and it is hard for Pakistanis to digest this but Indian Muslims don’t wish that they were Pakistanis.

Pakistan has done nothing or achieved nothing in 76 years to make Indian Muslims look at Pakistani Muslims with envy.

Perhaps if Pakistan was like UAE or another modern, successful, rich first world Muslim country, Indian Muslims would be envious, but what would they be envious of now?

Freedom for Muslims? What freedom? 3,000+ Shia Muslims have been killed in Pakistan over the last 15 years.

Pakistan has spent the last 76 years promoting propaganda against India but it has gained nothing out of it except humiliation.

The whole premise of this thread is negated by Shami thanking Allah in his post match interview. If he abandoned the sajdah because he was afraid of the backlash, he wouldn’t have thanked Allah either.

Pakistan’s biggest problem is looking at everything from the lens of religion. One could argue that religion is all Pakistan have because it is the reason for its existence and it has no identity without it, but Pakistan does have an identity.

A cultural identity that it shares with India and it should have embraced this identity. If they had done so, they would not be in this position today.

76 years of enmity and hatred can also be converted into 760 years of peace and harmony but that can only happen when Pakistani stop looking at everything from the Muslim vs Hindu perspective.

The Indian subcontinent is about cultures and not religion. The Two Nation Theory that was the reason why Pakistan existed in the first place failed with flying colors 24 years after independence.

The subcontinent is not about two or three or four religions coexisting but rather, it is about celebrating the cultural diversity of one of the most incredible regions of the world.

India has raced ahead of Pakistan in all facets because they sold their amazing culture to the world not Hinduism while Pakistan decides to sell its religion not its diverse culture.

in a thread about an indian player, the focus is on pakistan lol Talk about deflection. Anyways hopefully shami gets the freedom in future to do sajda without being lynched, cant forget the abuse he went through after 2021 WC :(

It is shameful to see that Indian Muslim success stories cause so much pain and frustration for Pakistanis.

Shami is a proud Indian. He is proud to represent India. He is a hero to all Indian cricket fans not just Muslim cricket fans.

If given a choice, he would never want to turn the clock back to 1947 and have his forefathers leave India for Pakistan.

If India win the World Cup and he performs a sajdah, he won’t become any less of a hero to any Indian.

You will find successful Indian Muslims in every field and it is hard for Pakistanis to digest this but Indian Muslims don’t wish that they were Pakistanis.

Pakistan has done nothing or achieved nothing in 76 years to make Indian Muslims look at Pakistani Muslims with envy.

Perhaps if Pakistan was like UAE or another modern, successful, rich first world Muslim country, Indian Muslims would be envious, but what would they be envious of now?

Freedom for Muslims? What freedom? 3,000+ Shia Muslims have been killed in Pakistan over the last 15 years.

Pakistan has spent the last 76 years promoting propaganda against India but it has gained nothing out of it except humiliation.

The whole premise of this thread is negated by Shami thanking Allah in his post match interview. If he abandoned the sajdah because he was afraid of the backlash, he wouldn’t have thanked Allah either.

Pakistan’s biggest problem is looking at everything from the lens of religion. One could argue that religion is all Pakistan have because it is the reason for its existence and it has no identity without it, but Pakistan does have an identity.

A cultural identity that it shares with India and it should have embraced this identity. If they had done so, they would not be in this position today.

76 years of enmity and hatred can also be converted into 760 years of peace and harmony but that can only happen when Pakistani stop looking at everything from the Muslim vs Hindu perspective.

The Indian subcontinent is about cultures and not religion. The Two Nation Theory that was the reason why Pakistan existed in the first place failed with flying colors 24 years after independence.

The subcontinent is not about two or three or four religions coexisting but rather, it is about celebrating the cultural diversity of one of the most incredible regions of the world.

India has raced ahead of Pakistan in all facets because they sold their amazing culture to the world not Hinduism while Pakistan decides to sell its religion not its diverse culture.
Sajda is Islamic Prayer , right? I often see Pakistani players doing it after getting 50s. I am not sure I have seen other nationalities doing prayer in middle of a cricket match often.

Also, if Shami does not have a history of doing prayer in middle of a match then speculation about him wanting to do prayer in this match doesn't hold any merit. I was watching the match but did not remember this incident. After reading in PP, I saw replay. Replay simply shows that he was tired, touched the ground and then started celebrating with his team mates.

Just seen the video and to me it does look like he was intending to do the sajda, his posture gives it away.

At the last minute, he thought better of it and saved himself from a lynching and threats to his family.

What a way to make a mountain of a molehill. Shami went on his knees and then he was mobbed by his team mates. Not sure if he was planning to do a sajda or just wanted to kiss the pitch but whatever he was going to do he only stopped because the entire team was running towards him to congratulate. It has nothing to do with him not wanting to do something because of fear. Some miscreants on social media spewing some hate on Shami will not make him scared to do what he believes in. So stop making this a big deal and bringing in politics. India has biggest stars and cricketers who are Muslims. So they don't need to worry about anything, if they want to do something they will and no one will question them. Every country has some idiots on social media who can trend anything these days and that doesn't become the representation of 1.4 B people.

What a way to make a mountain of a molehill. Shami went on his knees and then he was mobbed by his team mates. Not sure if he was planning to do a sajda or just wanted to kiss the pitch but whatever he was going to do he only stopped because the entire team was running towards him to congratulate. It has nothing to do with him not wanting to do something because of fear. Some miscreants on social media spewing some hate on Shami will not make him scared to do what he believes in. So stop making this a big deal and bringing in politics. India has biggest stars and cricketers who are Muslims. So they don't need to worry about anything, if they want to do something they will and no one will question them. Every country has some idiots on social media who can trend anything these days and that doesn't become the representation of 1.4 B people.
Exactly .we all know that from where is this hate coming .

What amuses me is people assuming.

He was surely going to doing sajda! I know because I know what was running in head! It’s confirmed!!!

And he was stopped from doing Sajda!!! Also confirmed!!

Poor Shami who is ill treated in India! It’s confirmed he’s running scared!!

I definitely didn’t hear the Mumbai crowds chanting his and Siraf’s name yesterday!! And if they were, it was probably to threaten the two!!

Therefore let me make statements about how Muslims in India are treated badly!

And I thank God that he created Pakistan for Muslims! Although I myself don’t live in Pakistan, probably never will, actually don’t want to!!!

This is actually hilarious. And some of you guys should know better.

He’ll be crying along with Kohli when they get dumped out in the semi’s so who cares if he tried then changed his mind!

The majority of the Pakistani nation are too concerned with there own day to day life and the state of the country to be bothered about Shami!

He’ll be crying along with Kohli when they get dumped out in the semi’s so who cares if he tried then changed his mind!

The majority of the Pakistani nation are too concerned with there own day to day life and the state of the country to be bothered about Shami!
So you meant if shami would've done sajda india ,India definately will get World Cup , How many times Paksitan even qualified even for semifinal and their player always doing sajda on ground ?

If sajda ,Puja ,prayer can win you matches then why need to even hold bat and ball in-hand in ground go with maulvi and pandits perform rituals there.

What would happen if someone started playing cricket in a religious gathering place be it temple or mosque?

does it make sense?

Pushing religion everywhere isn't good for any country.

Btw the way pakistanis rattled here tells how much they are concerned about these things just because they are upset over how India dominating

I read a fable in my childhood:

When fox didn't get grapes after trying and wasting a many chances from a tree,
It called grapes are sour🤣🤣

Personally, this is an unnecessary discussion that shouldn’t have been brought up.

But by the same token reading some of the comments in this thread I feel a few things need to be corrected.

Kaneria has no credibility because he got more chances than any spinner ever deserved in the Pakistan team. Just because we didn’t want to support a fixer after he was disgraced himself he comes out with all his current nonsense and also trying to gain Indian fans on his YouTube channel that noone cares about.

Secondly, how would Pakistanis react. Well Yousuf when he was Youhana regularly crossed himself after milestones and noone batted an eyelid.
Finally someone talks some sense with facts. I was reading the entire thread & waiting someone to mention these, but unfortunately no one did. 90% of posts have been basically mocking each other's religion, nationality & personal taunts.

Not only Yousuf but I remember Danish literally after every wicket used to thank his deity, folding his hands looking at the open sky. I don't ever remember Danish in his 10 year career or Yousuf in 7 years (before conversion) ever hesitating to show appreciation to the almighty.

Danish despite his highly inconsistent mediocre performances remained the exclusive first choice of the test side & was only replaced by Ajmal after it was simply impossible to ignore the latter guy. Yousuf long before conversion was in contention of future captaincy where he was Inzy's deputy for one & a half years & even led the side in few matches when Inzy was unavailable. Lots of things can be said about how they were treated at that period, but in hindsight it didn't seem to appear these two were ever mistreated or seen any differently due to their religious belief.

I have seen few people claiming that only Pakistani Muslim players have the tendency to openly do such religious gestures. It's simply incorrect. Mahmudullah does it all the time as does Mushfiq, Ashraful used to do sajdah after every century if I remember correctly.

I saw when it happened during the match & again after looking at the clip separately it appears pretty obvious the intention was to go for sajdah. I don't see any rational logic behind denying it. But what we shouldn't presume or simply reach to conclusions as to why he stopped at the last moment. There could be multiple reasons; from trying to avoid backlash or controversy or simply not wanting to make it international headlines instead of his own & team's performance. A vicious war is ongoing at the moment, with the most barbaric genocide seemingly being allowed by entire world. Shami like most smart & self conscious individuals would want to avoid himself getting linked to it any way possible.

But obviously he was never going to be dropped from the side or get lynched by crazy maniacs as some here absurdly suggested. Muslims or Islamic topic in India are obviously very complex, controversial & uneasy trends at the moment due to political structure. I just don't think we can or should attribute this one incident to entire community's plight.

Once again, connection?

I ask you the same, do you see anything odd in this video?
There is definitely a connection , a very obvious one. This is in response to those who are feeling bad for Shami being an Indian.

To add to what I wrote, here’s what Shami said about his bowling performance yesterday:

He didn't quite know how to explain this. "No rocket science. Just a matter of rhythm, good food, keep your mind uncluttered, and, most importantly, the love of the people. The support we get in India has a huge role. When you go out of India, you get so much support from Indians. So I will keep trying to make everyone happy.

I think BCCI might be the one really frowning upon any display of religion on the cricket ground. There are 7 Hindus, 2 Sikhs and 2 Muslims in our current playing 11- wonder how the others would take it if each religious group starts to pray to its own god after every milestone? Team unity would then go for a toss and there will surely be infighting within the group.

In fact I am all for banning religious gestures on the cricket field - let the player do whatever he wants in the locker room, but none on the ground.

That's the problem. All media houses have been baught by the BJP government so that it can project to naive people like you that India is doing well generally.

Their foreign policy is a failure with a small country like Qatar giving death sentence to 8 of their former navy officers.

In sports, they only won ONE gold medal at the last Olympics. 1.4 billion population and ONLY one gold.
When they hosted the Commonwealth Games in 2010, it was a DISASTER. I doubt they would get to host any world event of relevance in the next 100 years atleast.

Went to the moon some 50 years after the US. The US had done all the R&D. Even copying it took them more than 50 years but celebrate it like some big achievement.
only country and first country to land on South Pole . US is a global super power out of reach for every one. Why compare any country with US?

I think BCCI might be the one really frowning upon any display of religion on the cricket ground. There are 7 Hindus, 2 Sikhs and 2 Muslims in our current playing 11- wonder how the others would take it if each religious group starts to pray to its own god after every milestone? Team unity would then go for a toss and there will surely be infighting within the group.

In fact I am all for banning religious gestures on the cricket field - let the player do whatever he wants in the locker room, but none on the ground.
Who are the Sikhs?

Back