[VIDEO] Mohammad Shami stopped himself from doing a Sajda?

Yes, I initially thought he knelt down for sajda because there didn't seem to be any other reason for him to knee down. but he didn't actually do it to avoid social media backlash.

Mohammad Shami tried to do a sajda but remembered he’s Indian and will get bashed for it.

I feel really bad for Indian muslims. Seen it from my own eyes how they get treated.

Thank You Jinnah for the freedom
Do you share any sympathy for how pakistani hindus get treated. 1000s of hindu girls are forced to convert every year, raped and treated like 3rd class citizens. And non Muslims can't be elected as president or pm in pak while in India we have had multiple Muslim presidents. And why are you making religion an issue. India won and everyone is loving shami while your team is the biggest joke in the tournament

I’ll never forget the brutal abuse Arshdeep faced after that dropped catch in the Asia Cup. And now he is out of the side on the basis on non cricketing reason.

Shami knew he’d face the same fate had he expressed his faith. It’s very sad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good move agent Shami theyl get rid of you as they got rid of agent Arshdeep !!

Do you share any sympathy for how pakistani hindus get treated. 1000s of hindu girls are forced to convert every year, raped and treated like 3rd class citizens. And non Muslims can't be elected as president or pm in pak while in India we have had multiple Muslim presidents. And why are you making religion an issue. India won and everyone is loving shami while your team is the biggest joke in the tournament

What is the connection?

Watch the video which is in post#1

Tell us what you think.

Yeah I’m sure Shami is really feeling bad right now and would rather be in Pakistan than India.
But Rizwan is not only able to do Sajdah but also pray full namaz infront of an Indian crowd while being IN India.

I’ll never forget the brutal abuse Arshdeep faced after that dropped catch in the Asia Cup. And now he is out of the side on the basis on non cricketing reason.

Shami got bashed aswell on twitter for the World Cup 2021 match. His religion was bought in.

Its just so sad that a guy playing for his team in his own country cant even do sajdah in public. This is why i love when Rizwan prays on the field and there are people that burn from inside watching it and not being able to do anything about it.

I noticed that there was a guy in front of him when he was attempting sajda. I wonder if that played a factor (he didn't want to do sajda in front of the guy maybe).

He could've done it in the open though.

It's difficult being a Muslim in India and even more difficult being a Hindu in Pakistan. That was decided in 1947. Indian muslims have to try extra hard to prove they are patriotic and what little Hindus we have (I've literally met only one in my life) seem to stay in their own communities in Balochistan and Interior Sindh.

Doing sajda for a cricket match is silly anyways. People spit and sweat on these grounds.

What is the reason for Arsheep getting dropped from the Indian team? And how do you know it was a non-cricketing reason?

I think you are just making it up. He was not in good bowling form and the selectors chose wisely not to include him in the main team.

India as a country and Indian cricket team keeps religion out of sports. You will never see an Indian player thanking god or saying jai shriram during post match presentations.
Today during Post match presentation. Mohammed Shami thanked Allah

Bharatiya system enables Muslims like Siraj, Shami to reach the top , play for Bharat, make so much money , become the best version of themselves, create generational wealth and all that Pakistanis can whine about is him allegedly having two thoughts about doing a sajda.

This is ridiculous for a nation which doesn’t have a conducive atmosphere for its own minorities to excel in life. How many Hindus, Christians, Sikhs have Pakistan enabled to become superstars in Pakistan?

Fact is that despite all the negative talk, no Bharatiya Muslim would rather be in Pakistan.

Look at the video in Post#1.

I am waiting for your comment about that.

What happens on Jupiter or Mars is not relevant here. Topic is about Shami

Bharatiya system enables Muslims like Siraj, Shami to reach the top , play for Bharat, make so much money , become the best version of themselves, create generational wealth and all that Pakistanis can whine about is him allegedly having two thoughts about doing a sajda.

This is ridiculous for a nation which doesn’t have a conducive atmosphere for its own minorities to excel in life. How many Hindus, Christians, Sikhs have Pakistan enabled to become superstars in Pakistan?

Fact is that despite all the negative talk, no Bharatiya Muslim would rather be in Pakistan.
Kaneria would have been Legend for Pakistan if he was not involved in any corruption

From a pan islamic point of view, muslims may do that. But in general, Indians do not bring religion or mix religion in every day walk of life.

Shami stopping himself from doing Sajda? Why?

But Rizwan is not only able to do Sajdah but also pray full namaz infront of an Indian crowd while being IN India.
Yes it is a great achievement and something he will remember for the rest of his life. I think this was the biggest highlight for Pakistan in this humiliating World Cup.

Rizwan can pray namaz on the pitch but I hope he doesn’t start cramping during praying and doesn’t start clutching his leg. That would be funny.

Indians (at least a vast majority of them) do not care how or when someone does religious activities until it becomes a nuisance to the activities/work at the scene. People doing a Sajdah on a cricket field is not going to be a problem. We have seen it a few times in Chepauk and appreciated it as a commitment from the players for the game. But gloating like how Waqar did or like how you did here in the post is what irks some people and they react. Again most people will just ignore it as silly and move on, but not all.

India as a country and Indian cricket team keeps religion out of sports. You will never see an Indian player thanking god or saying jai shriram during post match presentations.

What's wrong with thanking god? It's not some imposition, it's just an expression of someone's faith. No one loses it over Messi crossing himself, etc.

Jai shree ram is more often than not a belligerent expression meant to be heard by the minorities in india. It's a famous dog whistle. Nothing wrong with the expression itself but the connotation is what's important.

He was about to do the sajda but other fielder came too close during celebration.
I am sure he wouldn't have liked to do sajda while his head is touching or close to someone else's feet.
does no matter.

When in Sajdah, we muslims say "subhan rabi ul allah". Sajdah isnt just placing your head down, its also about saying the phrase where we mention our God.

Indians (at least a vast majority of them) do not care how or when someone does religious activities until it becomes a nuisance to the activities/work at the scene. People doing a Sajdah on a cricket field is not going to be a problem. We have seen it a few times in Chepauk and appreciated it as a commitment from the players for the game. But gloating like how Waqar did or like how you did here in the post is what irks some people and they react. Again most people will just ignore it as silly and move on, but not all.
ok, than why were the jai shri ram chants thrown at Rizwan in Ahmedabad?

Shami shouldn't have stopped himself. As I said in another post, Indians don't care if he did. Having said that, we don't see other Indian players prostrating and doing pujas on the pitch. It's all subtle. Looking at the sky, kiss a locket etc. Shami looked up to the skies and knelt. That's enough religion. Keep it out of sport.

Unfortunately Rizwan was the reason for Waqar's comment. Then the Gaza comment irked Indians. We all know Rizzy is already overboard with the religious stuff as it is. Jai Shri Ram chants happened amidst a perfect storm and that too in Modi stadium in front of patriotic gujjus. It's a one off

I thought I answered it already.
Did the entire crowd do that to Rizwan? Did those people who chanted Jai Shri Ram, do that to other Pakistani players?
Rizwan doing the prayers on the field and Waqar gloating about it was the reason I think. If you are ready to provoke, be ready it take whatever comes back at you.

You are saying what you would have done in that position but Shami isn't you.

Creating hypothetical situations now, are we?

Ok it's my opinion that he was about to do a Sajda.

But yes, he could have been wanting to smell the grass - possible.

It does look like he wanted to do it and then didnt want to risk any backlash and restrained himself. Some Indian supporters have a habit of routinely getting offended and issuing boycott threats . I think he didnt want to deal with all that

Connection?

Stay on topic.

Do you see anything odd in that video that troubles
First dil dil Paksitan wasn't played that's why Paksitan lost, than someone complaining that beef isn't served , stadiums seat is dirty🤣

It happens when you team face reality and get exposed ,When your no.1 batsman you realise in middle tournament is complete fraud.
Then find silly reasons.
Indian Muslim are in far better position than you guys, first watch your nation conditions than think about us , first be your masiha ,Issues are everywhere we also don't like Modi and BJP But doesn't mean that you should be our masiha, We have chosen our nation and still in 10x better position than you guys.

Talk about cricket not about silly issue.

He knew that he would be out of the team if he did the Sajda.

I dont think he would be out of the team immediately if he did that. He's bowling fantastically well and the selectors wouldnt dare drop him

But it might create an online storm and impact his future career when there is a dip in form. The guy generally seems very laid back and I guess he just didnt want to risk it

Not all states are religiously inclined. You PAK has played 7 matches, only in Ahmedabad did you see that . where else? As I said, Indians in general do not bring religion in day to day aspect of life.

Shami shouldn't have stopped himself. As I said in another post, Indians don't care if he did. Having said that, we don't see other Indian players prostrating and doing pujas on the pitch. It's all subtle. Looking at the sky, kiss a locket etc. Shami looked up to the skies and knelt. That's enough religion. Keep it out of sport.
Lolwut?

What other indian players do and what you think to be "enough" or "right" isn't a yardstick for what's proper.

No one except the extremely intolerant types found in india unfortunately should be uncomfortable with a Sajda. Salah does a sajda all the time, Messi crosses himself over all the time.

If these displays make hindus uncomfortable then it's time to reflect.

Lolwut?

What other indian players do and what you think to be "enough" or "right" isn't a yardstick for what's proper.

No one except extremely intolerant types found in india unfortunately should be uncomfortable with a Sajda. Salah does a sajda all the time, Messi crosses himself over all the time.

If these displays make hindus uncomfortable then it's time to reflect.
As I said, nobody would have cared if he did. It's his choice that he didn't do it. No other Indian player came and stopped him from doing so. When it's his choice, whomare we to comment on it? I think he did the right thing though. No need for overt religious stuff on the field. He already thanked God in his way. I'm sure he will do full sajda and namaz in a mosque or in his hotel room.

First dil dil Paksitan wasn't played that's why Paksitan lost, than someone complaining that beef isn't served , stadiums seat is dirty🤣

It happens when you team face reality and get exposed ,When your no.1 batsman you realise in middle tournament is complete fraud.
Then find silly reasons.
Indian Muslim are in far better position than you guys, first watch your nation conditions than think about us , first be your masiha ,Issues are everywhere we also don't like Modi and BJP But doesn't mean that you should be our masiha, We have chosen our nation and still in 10x better position than you guys.

Shami took a many times fifers earlier too did he sajda then??

But suddenly you realised today he was about to doing sajda lol

Btw cricket is ground to play sport not a mosque and temple.

Mohammad Shami tried to do a sajda but remembered he’s Indian and will get bashed for it.

I feel really bad for Indian muslims. Seen it from my own eyes how they get treated.

Thank You Jinnah for the freedom
In Pakistan however we can do sajda, namaaz, qurbani easily. But we cant get any other kind of justice though

I rather get justice to be honest.

I thought I answered it already.
Did the entire crowd do that to Rizwan? Did those people who chanted Jai Shri Ram, do that to other Pakistani players?
Rizwan doing the prayers on the field and Waqar gloating about it was the reason I think. If you are ready to provoke, be ready it take whatever comes back at you.
so indians got provoked?

Not all states are religiously inclined. You PAK has played 7 matches, only in Ahmedabad did you see that . where else? As I said, Indians in general do not bring religion in day to day aspect of life.
isnt ahmedabad part of India?

Kaneria would have been Legend for Pakistan if he was not involved in any corruption

Nice that you mentioned Danish bhai.
All these years and that’s the only name you can come up with and ironically this guy does not stop mentioning how his Muslim teammates didn’t treat him well during his career.

Compare that to Bharat, where countless athletes from minorities continue to shine at the world stage without any complaints of bias or unwelcoming attitude at the highest level.

Pakistan and Pakistanis are in absolute no position to preach anyone about how to treat minorities.

If the borders are opened and people are allowed free movement at the expense of giving up their original passport there will be 10 times more Pakistanis crossing into Bharat than the other way around.

No Bharatiya Muslim would rather rather be Pakistani. Even in struggles they hold on to the Great Bharatiya Swapna

Shami stopping himself from doing Sajda? Why?
It is a possibility but how can you be so sure?

Has Shami performed it in the past? There needs to be a precedence followed by a change in routine before such conclusions can be jumped to.

I doubt Indian cricketers including Muslims are hardcore religious showoffs as Pakistani cricketers and thank God for that. He's a sensible person and bigots from the other side of the border seems to have issues with it. Not too long back, he tweeted a happy dussehra tweet and half the Pakistani brigade was abusing him in the thread.

again, ironic statement considering Shami thanked Allah in post match

I doubt Indian cricketers including Muslims are hardcore religious showoffs as Pakistani cricketers and thank God for that. He's a sensible person and bigots from the other side of the border seems to have issues with it. Not too long back, he tweeted a happy dussehra tweet and half the Pakistani brigade was abusing him in the thread.
but shami did thank Allah. Now does that make him a bigot according to your logic?

You are right. That was the first thing he said. Bad day for andhbhakhts. :inti
I don't also like andhbhakts or Modi illiterate but it's silly to brought these issue on Cricketing forum they haven't performance to show these kind joke of threads created .

As I said, nobody would have cared if he did. It's his choice that he didn't do it. No other Indian player came and stopped him from doing so. When it's his choice, whomare we to comment on it? I think he did the right thing though. No need for overt religious stuff on the field. He already thanked God in his way. I'm sure he will do full sajda and namaz in a mosque or in his hotel room.
Oh I'm sure plenty would have cared.What's "no need" supposed to mean here? It's someone's choice if he wants to do it. Full stop.

does no matter.

When in Sajdah, we muslims say "subhan rabi ul allah". Sajdah isnt just placing your head down, its also about saying the phrase where we mention our God.

India doesn't have a single religion like Pak. We Indians grow up in environment where some of religious practices have been exchanged and adopted by almost all.

One thing common here is no matter which religion a person belongs to, he makes sure his head is not touching or close to someone's feet while praying to god. (Unless one person is touching feet of another as form of respect).
Otherwise it would look like bowing down to that person rather than the god.

So here in India, it does matter.

so indians got provoked?
I know you want to provoke me.. :) Do it by all means, I don't care.
To answer your question, Yes, it appears some Indians did get provoked and they showed it.

Just a reminder, I don't endorse such behavior from the crowd. Also, I like the enthusiasm Rizwan brings to the game and I am his fan.

And then Pakistanis wonder why the hostility in Ahmedabad. Afghans and Bangladeshis are Muslim nations and their fans never bother about all this needless stuff. Pakistanis the self appointed thekedaars of ummat who have over the last half a century eaten up their minorities into non existence wanna talk about all this, ridiculous unawareness of reality.

This seemed odd, he went into a position where he would have done a Sajda but then seemed to stop?
First of all these things shouldn't be discussed on any cricketing forum.
Second thing, i never saw Shami or any other indian Muslim players doing Sajda randomly on the ground. Indian muslims are wise enough to know their religion practising places.
Third thing, Shami will do his sajda after taking India to the world cup glory.
Forth thing, Shami is a proud Indian first and a Muslim then.
Fifth thing, we all Indians love and respect Mohd Shami.

Thank you.

but shami did thank Allah. Now does that make him a bigot according to your logic?
Bigots are the ones, who have problem with someone' act, not the ones doing the act. I won't care if Shami does sajdah, his choice, why would I have issues with him thanking the god he believes in. Bigots are those who have issue with him not doing sajda.

Bigots are the ones, who have problem with someone' act, not the ones doing the act. I won't care if Shami does sajdah, his choice, why would I have issues with him thanking the god he believes in. Bigots are those who have issue with him not doing sajda.
so indians that had issue with Rizwan praying on ground, would those Indians be considered as bigots?

Then find silly reasons.

No one is saying we are your masiha's. I don't know where you are getting this from.

Yes, Pakistan has issues, and we have numerous threads dedicated to those issues. It's just pointing out that things are not great for Muslims in India. You saw Majraj putting his hands together in the Hindu way of thanking his lord after getting his wicket. But an Indian Muslim has to think twice before thanking his lord.

Second thing, i never saw Shami or any other indian Muslim players doing Sajda randomly on the ground. Indian muslims are wise enough to know their religion practising places.
Sixth thing, kindly delete this thread as it has no relevance to sport.

Thank you.
I haven't seen Zaheer khan ,Irfan pathan , Shami ,siraj doing sajda even afgan cricketer doesn't neither Wasim akram used to do it but somehow here in forum they realised shami about to do sajda.

Sixth thing, kindly delete this thread as it has no relevance to sport.

Thank you.
1. Why cant this be discussed on a cricket forum? Who are you to decide?
2. So people that do sajdah on ground are unwise? Say that to Pogba i guess
3. First you sat its unwise to do sajdah as its not a religion practising place, now you are saying he will do it IF india wins the world cup.
4. Is he? Weird a proud Indian couldn't do sajdah
5. Do indians really love him? Because when India lost to Pakistan, on twitter many Indians targetted Shami. His faith was targetted.
6. You may delete yourself from here

so indians that had issue with Rizwan praying on ground, would those Indians be considered as bigots?
Let me answer it in a manner that you would understand as you don't seem to get the context. Do Indians have an issue with Rashid Khan or Mohammad Shami doing sajdhah, Answer is NO. Do Indians have an issue with a Rizwan doing sajdha, I would say Yes. Reason - optics. Pakistani cricketers have made their religion their identity and they try to impose that identity on others by speaking out of turn and on behalf of others. Shoaib Malik - I want to thank muslims all over the world for supporting us. This is when MOM was Indian Muslim. Waqar - great to see rizwasn doing sajdah in front of Hindus. Such statements show what Pakistani cricketers truly believe in, and yes we have issues with such religious zealots. Just like anyone can come to my house and use my kitchen, doesn't mean I allow thieves to use my kitchen.

He thanked Allah when he was interviewed post match - didn’t see an observation how he could do that in India.
It is also my opinion these topics are raised when there’s nothing else to talk about after a stupendous team performance.
Did he ?.. he said 'shukhar adha karta hu'...

Maybe that was as much he knew he could do ... And was interrupted too

I haven't seen Zaheer khan ,Irfan pathan , Shami ,siraj doing sajda even afgan cricketer doesn't neither Wasim akram used to do it but somehow here in forum they realised shami about to do sajda.

Hindu's can do this to celebrate without question (and of course, it's fine for them to do it)
But Muslim's have to think twice before having to thank their lord

lLTzlSd.png

I am asking you a straight question bring me video or picture where shami was doing sajda on ground ,he haven't took first time five wicket haul and shami is playing even in that time when Congress used to rule so how you concluded he was about to do sajda?
Hindu's can do this to celebrate without question (and of course, it's fine for them to do it)
But Muslim's have to think twice before having to thank their lord

Back