[VIDEO] Mohammad Shami to some former Pakistan players "Sudhar jao yaar!" (Get a grip!)

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Mohammad Shami in an interview takes a good swipe at some of the so-called Pakistan TV pundits (former players) for their comical theories about India's success in ICC World Cup 2023.

Mohammad Shami: "Actually, I was doing well in this World Cup. In the first match, I took 5 wickets. After that, I took 4, and then again took 5 wickets. Some of the Pakistani players were not digesting this because there is one thing in their mind that they are the best. But for me, the best is someone who performs on the day when needed the most."

"Now, you are creating conspiracies that we are getting a ball of some other color or from some other company. ICC gave you the other ball to play. Oh, come on, 'Sudhar jao yar!' (fix yourselves)

"The same thing was described by Wasim bhai as well – how the new ball gets selected from the box, which team gets to select the ball first – but still, they don't understand."

"It's acceptable if you are not a player or have not played at a certain level to understand such things. But you are an ex-player and still talk like this, so I don't think people will do anything else other than laugh at you."

"I know I am a bit bitter about this, but yeah, on this particular thing, I have to speak out."

To be honest, loved this int - said in simple words and without rancour - made his point so well.

Moment of shame for some of our TV guys!
I dont think anyone took this different ball thing seriously. It seems he is a bit worried about this but does not need to be.

It was only Hasan Raza tbh, most Pakistan cricketers have praised him abundantly .

A few more than that.

To be fair to him, he was too busy winning games for India so maybe doesn't know who said what but obviously been told about the likes of Hasan Raza etc.

Yeah, he makes good points, and most importantly, he let the ball do most of the talking for him.

This where he has the upper hand - he took wickets and now he can talk.

Reminder as to why Shami can say what he wants!

F_djxEVWwAAjbKP

he is right.

some very stupid comments were made by ex pakistani cricketers about device in ball and what not. Every one had issue that why Shami was performing.

Anyways, i wished he won the bowler of the tournament. Shami bowled marvelously and said the right things here.

I feel bad that Shami fell victim to Modi's political PR stunt in the dressing room for all this

Not trying to deflect as I agree with most of his interview, but why do they always say 'upar wala' rather than giving rightful and respectful name?

Why is that a problem? If you're in a setting where people have different "ooper walaas", it's simply respectful to use a term like that. Good on Shami.

I am embarrassed for those comments but it's not because we think we are the best and can't digest his success. Our attack has been rightfully exposed as no where near the best and the fans and most players know that.

However, we have some loose cannons but they should not represent the entirety of Pakistan. We appreciate the Indian pace bowling attack, on the big stage, they proved they were the best.

To be honest, loved this int - said in simple words and without rancour - made his point so well.

Moment of shame for some of our TV guys!

Then Pakistan must also take credit for hosting the best cricket show during the World Cup.

The Pavillion was the best show by a country mile.

If the host Fakhr.e Alam reads PP, thanks to him for hosting this amazing show.

The Pavillion was perhaps the most followed cricket show in India.

Not trying to deflect as I agree with most of his interview, but why do they always say 'upar wala' rather than giving rightful and respectful name?

Has seen many of my muslim friends using the same term when referring to the almighty. Hindus also use the same term.

Infact in hindi speaking belt " Uparwaale ka Shukr" is a very oft used phrase across religion.

Have to keep saying anti Pakistan rhetoric much like Irfan Pathan. Sell outs and cowards.

It's nothing like the case of Irfan Pathan.

Watch the interview, he's responding to the Pakistani ex-players such as Hasan Raza who were coming up with conspiracy theories about India being given balls that offer more assistance for their bowlers.

He could have said a lot more about these toxic ex-players but instead he kept civil and classy.

The likes of Hasan Raza and etc are the cowards.

He seems very touchy. Maybe Hasan Raza touched a nerve🤔

Siding with Hasan Raza here is not a good look.

You can't go around being toxic and come up with conspiracy theories like "India gets better balls that swing more" and not expect a response.

Hasan Raza was an age fudger and a failed cricket so if Shami was really touchy, he could've said a lot more about him but instead he kept it classy here.

Something doesn't seem right. Seems like he has a chip on his shoulder.

Shami should be addressing the point of BCCI doctoring pitches and explain how he was able to take 7 wickets in the SF, instead of 'worrying' about what a bunch of ex-players from Pakistan are saying. Speaking of which Shami should also mention what ex Indian players say about Pakistan just for sheer balance.

Watch the interview, he's responding to the Pakistani ex-players such as Hasan Raza who were coming up with conspiracy theories about India being given balls that offer more assistance for their bowlers.

He could have said a lot more about these toxic ex-players but instead he kept civil and classy.

Some of the Pakistani players were not digesting this because there is one thing in their mind that they are the best.

Shows he is a petty individual.

Last edited by a moderator:
Siding with Hasan Raza here is not a good look.

You can't go around being toxic and come up with conspiracy theories like "India gets better balls that swing more" and not expect a response.

Hasan Raza was an age fudger and a failed cricket so if Shami was really touchy, he could've said a lot more about him but instead he kept it classy here.
But why would you respond to an unproven allegation.

Some of the Pakistani players were not digesting this because there is one thing in their mind that they are the best.

Shows he a petty individual.

Yes some pakistani cricketers and their consipracy theories indeed needs to be called out.

It looks like they couldn't come to terms with the fact that Indian fast bowlers are better than pakistani ones and hence all these consipracy theories. Shami mentioned how Wasim Akram explained how balls are chosen yet some pakistani cricketers continued with their consipracies.

Shows he a petty individual.
alot of people from pakistan were making fun of shami as a nothing bowler.

What shami has said is all true about Pakistan. There was no need for people like Hasan Raza to make such dumb statements.

Should not be too smug Shami. You just achieved what Haris Rauf has achieved. A runner's up medal in a final of a ICC world cup tournament.

Should not be too smug Shami. You just achieved what Haris Rauf has achieved. A runner's up medal in a final of a ICC world cup tournament.
But Haris Rauf has also achieved something that Shami cannot.

A Test career that reads:

1 match, 13 overs, 78 runs, 1 wicket

Not followed a lot of the media stuff, so Hasan Raza made a claim about the balls, which other ex-cricketer supported his claims?

Then Pakistan must also take credit for hosting the best cricket show during the World Cup.

Exactly. It was just a fascinating show to follow. I used to see it everyday. Marvelous show it was with Wasim , Shoib, Waqar, Misbah, Moin.

Haha, looks like one moronic comment from the troll Hasan Raza has got under Shami's skin . After every interview he is the one bringing it back up.

Just chill man, enjoy the moment you ended up being the highest wicket taker for the tournament, who knows next tournament you will go back to getting abused again by a billion indians for being muslim after a 10 wicket thrashing.

Hasan Raza's and Sikandar's comment doesn't count . They are 2 cricketers with ordinary career both on and off the field. What it counts is that what Players like Wasim, Waqar, Shoib, Misbah said. And they were all very polite with excellent analysis through out the tournament on a tv show.

Hasan Raza's and Sikandar's comment doesn't count . They are 2 cricketers with ordinary career both on and off the field. What it counts is that what Players like Wasim, Waqar, Shoib, Misbah said. And they were all very polite with excellent analysis through out the tournament on a tv show.
Yes thanks.

But majority in Pakistan act gracefully and acknowledge good cricket whoever plays.

But it also goes both ways. Indians are often there or thereabout as well. Need to call out both. From Raina's tweet against Pakistan while he was still an active cricketer, to useless jibes from former star crickets Sehwag/Harbhajan/Irfan etc. to plethora of tv presenters whose only job is to take dig at Pakistanis with their hyper-nationalist slogans, it is honestly way more embarrassing what comes out from the other side of the border.

It is very poor from Shami to paint as 'some Pakistani cricketers' to win the hearts of Indian trolls whereas it was 2 cricketers out of 1000 cricketers Pakistan players had represented. Name them and shame them, not to use 'some Pakistani cricketers' to gain fake sympathy.

Cricketers on PTV, Ary news and A sports were praising him a lot as a bowler.

It is very poor from Shami to paint as 'some Pakistani cricketers' to win the hearts of Indian trolls whereas it was 2 cricketers out of 1000 cricketers Pakistan players had represented. Name them and shame them, not to use 'some Pakistani cricketers' to gain fake sympathy.

He also named Wasim Akram. He said Wasim Akram explained the ball selection process but some pakistani cricketers still went on.

Shami is already a hero for Indians. He doesn't need pakistanis to be one.

But it was about time he called them out.

He also named Wasim Akram. He said Wasim Akram explained the ball selection process but some pakistani cricketers still went on.

Shami is already a hero for Indians. He doesn't need pakistanis to be one.

But it was about time he called them out.
Lets agree to disagree

He is just milking it, makes a good story for Puma as well hahaha

Mohammad Shami in an interview takes a good swipe at some of the so-called Pakistan TV pundits (former players) for their comical theories about India's success in ICC World Cup 2023.

Mohammad Shami: "Actually, I was doing well in this World Cup. In the first match, I took 5 wickets. After that, I took 4, and then again took 5 wickets. Some of the Pakistani players were not digesting this because there is one thing in their mind that they are the best. But for me, the best is someone who performs on the day when needed the most."

"Now, you are creating conspiracies that we are getting a ball of some other color or from some other company. ICC gave you the other ball to play. Oh, come on, 'Sudhar jao yar!' (fix yourselves)

"The same thing was described by Wasim bhai as well – how the new ball gets selected from the box, which team gets to select the ball first – but still, they don't understand."

"It's acceptable if you are not a player or have not played at a certain level to understand such things. But you are an ex-player and still talk like this, so I don't think people will do anything else other than laugh at you."

"I know I am a bit bitter about this, but yeah, on this particular thing, I have to speak out."
Very well said. Seems like a humble guy as well.

Why will he need to milk it?

Right now he is the toast of the town.
Brand always needs a good story. He is being paid by the brand so he will talk based on what brand instructs, we all know Pakistan elements sells among the Indian audience. The whole video is viral on social media. Puma is happy.:). Shami just talked about Wasim Akram(because he worked with him), whereas 99.9% of Pakistan cricketers were praising him, talked highly about Shami.

Two sore losers and unknown cricketers don't represent the whole Pakistan cricket fraternity whereas Shami and Puma together tried to milk this story and present a picture to Indian audience that Pakistan cricketers in general are jealous of Shami which isn't the case.

Yes thanks.

But majority in Pakistan act gracefully and acknowledge good cricket whoever plays.

But it also goes both ways. Indians are often there or thereabout as well. Need to call out both. From Raina's tweet against Pakistan while he was still an active cricketer, to useless jibes from former star crickets Sehwag/Harbhajan/Irfan etc. to plethora of tv presenters whose only job is to take dig at Pakistanis with their hyper-nationalist slogans, it is honestly way more embarrassing what comes out from the other side of the border.
Yes, I also personally think that every former international cricketer should weigh up their mouth words before they deliver. They are not aise waise type person. I respect Sunil, Shastri, Manjrekar, Harsha from India and I listen to them. But those Indians whose name you have mentioned, I just ignore them. They themselves have lost their dignity by talking filthy

One has to be trained, especially the international cricketers, about how to talk, which topics need to be talked, which to be omitted in front of media. Unfortunately, these less educated cricketers from our subcontinent doesn't get this training and this thing isn't valued in cricket boards. That's why you are seeing some bogus talking here and there .

Yes some pakistani cricketers and their consipracy theories indeed needs to be called out.

It looks like they couldn't come to terms with the fact that Indian fast bowlers are better than pakistani ones and hence all these consipracy theories. Shami mentioned how Wasim Akram explained how balls are chosen yet some pakistani cricketers continued with their consipracies.
I don't think Shami needs to respond to Hasan Raza and Sikandar Bakht.

It's like Shaheen Afridi responding to someone like Amit Bhandari and Tinu Youhannan.

Perhaps if it was someone credible of a similar stature it would make sense. Even Pakistanis mock Bakht and Hasan Raza is no one of relevance.

Good on Shami. He is a brilliant bowler, better than any bowler Pakistan has produced in years. These ex Pakistanis players need to stop being bitter.

Don't understand "then pak must also take credit for hostingthe best cricket show"

Majority of Pakistani fans have only praised India's bowling attack not just Shami but Bumrah and Siraj as well throughout the world cup. Just because a few bitter people can't digest Indian pacers' success, it doesn't mean all Pakistani cricket fans think of conspiracy theories.

Same thing should be said regarding The Pavilion, the praise on Pavilion shouldn't be dependent on Pakistani fans praise of Indian bowlers.

Facts: Shami was the best bowler in the world cup
Pavilion was the best asian cricket show during the world cup.

I think Hasan Raza brought this on himself. I really dont understand why our people get so entangled and start believing in conspiracy theories. We need to develop critical thinking skills. I have noticed we tend to believe carp without evidence all the time.

Pakistan media should not bring those former players on the show for analysis who have not played at least 20 Tests for Pakistan.

Don't understand "then pak must also take credit for hostingthe best cricket show"

Majority of Pakistani fans have only praised India's bowling attack not just Shami but Bumrah and Siraj as well throughout the world cup. Just because a few bitter people can't digest Indian pacers' success, it doesn't mean all Pakistani cricket fans think of conspiracy theories.

Same thing should be said regarding The Pavilion, the praise on Pavilion shouldn't be dependent on Pakistani fans praise of Indian bowlers.

Facts: Shami was the best bowler in the world cup
Pavilion was the best asian cricket show during the world cup.

Pavilion's praise is for their unbiased coverage and great technical analysis.

And yes on one hand while Pakistan tv has had to face brickbats because of the likes of Hasan Raza and Sikander Bakht, they also deserve praise for the pavilion.

Hasan raza is spot on , India engineered this whole world cup to win it .

Pitch doctoring and selected balls was rife

Too bad it backfired on them in the final another doctored pitch .

Well, Wasim Akram outlined the process of how captains choose the new ball, so I don't think cricket fans took the case of Hassan Raza that seriously.

I don’t think it’s Hasan Raza’s frank opinion…. Someone made him to made such statement….. Pakistan team performed very badly in WC and they failed to qualify for KO. pak cricyfans anger was at top, there was a chance Pak cricketers and their home may get attacked… therefore to distract attention of pak cricket fans from pak team’s failure, someone behind the scene made these ex-pak cricketers to make such wild allegations like Speciall ball, DRS… and Hasan Razawas a puppet

Shami the toast of the nation atm - speaking everywhere!

While in an interview with a local Indian media outlet, India's star bowler Mohammed Shami:

"Actually they have made cricket a joke because we don't enjoy each other's success. You become too happy when you are being praised, but when you lose, you feel that you have been cheated. You look at the records of the time we have been part of the team, you won't even find them close. Jalan toh puri dikhti hai wo. Itna jalane se kon se results mil jaane hain (Jealously is evident. You can never get good results with this amount of jealously."

When asked if he has thrashed Pakistan the most, the anchor inquired, and Mohammed Shami replied, "Wo toh khoon main hai (It's in the blood)."

Back