[VIDEO] Monty Panesar "BCCI is saying if I go to KPL I won't get a visa to work in India in future"

Good to see that BCCI also has a visa department as well!

Absolutely shameless threatening players like that.

does he expect one after this statement?

Its better if he plays KPL now and get what he can.

Must play or just turn up @ KPL as he will be welcomed since he’s peed off the mighty bcci lol

So what did you want? to him to stay quit? Its shameful what BCCI is doing and what is the need? is panasar is going to decide the future of kashmir?

It’s not the BCCI (I mean they are power hungry and authoritarian as well) but it’s really the current Indian government that is making the final decision.

This one is probably one of the most hard right wing reactionary governments I can remember so this doesn’t surprise me at all.

So he is wrong to tell the truth.

How dare he state facts.

My suggestion after this for Panesar would be to change his home address, social media accounts etc as they will come after him now.

So what did you want? to him to stay quit? Its shameful what BCCI is doing and what is the need? is panasar is going to decide the future of kashmir?

Huh? If this is the BCCI's stance why would they care if Monty states the facts about it?

So he is wrong to tell the truth.

How dare he state facts.

My suggestion after this for Panesar would be to change his home address, social media accounts etc as they will come after him now.

You can express the same content with some diplomacy.

You will be awarded or punished depending upon the choice of words and expression on the same event.

He has every right to express his disappointment. But don't expect any favor from someone after subtly criticizing them.

Every action of a human has consequences. Either you accept the consequences or remain silent.

If he chose to speak, then he should be ready to face any consequences.

You will be awarded or punished depending upon the choice of words and expression on the same event.

He has every right to express his disappointment. But don't expect any favor from someone after subtly criticizing them.

Every action of a human has consequences. Either you accept the consequences or remain silent.

He lives in the first world and fully democratic country. Perhaps if he lived in India he would know speaking the truth is punishable with some consequences.

It’s not the BCCI (I mean they are power hungry and authoritarian as well) but it’s really the current Indian government that is making the final decision.

This one is probably one of the most hard right wing reactionary governments I can remember so this doesn’t surprise me at all.

whats amazing are the posters here who defend the actions.

They say its legal and to avoid it being linked politically they come out with silly arguments like this is how any cooperation looking after their interests would act. However, the difference between here is that we are talking about a sport not some big IT company trying to protect its intellectual rights.

The word petty has been used a lot but its the correct term to use for this BCCI/Indian Government and in a way their actions justify the what many of us have been saying. i.e. that India is being run by an extremist right wing government and all this is born out of insecurity.

Panesar should have learnt from the likes of Prior and Shah - keep your gob shut and pray that BCCI guys had a good breakfast this morning.

Think Panesar and Gibbs will be regular visitors to Pakistan soon.

Sad to see where is India is heading to. Afridi was right about chotey Dil waley comment

Just imagine if any other bosrd did this? What a petty, pathetic board .

Just imagine any league starting with the punchline 'Lenge Azaadi'. Lets be honest, KPL was hosted more for political purpose than just cricket. It was hosted as a tool to demand a seperate state for Kashmir and liberating it from India. Hence the theme 'Azaadi' league.

BCCI which is bounded to adhere Indian govt is well within its rights to deny people employment in its organization who are participating in a league that support seperatist movement.

I would be the first one to criticize BCCI if they try to harm other countries purely on cricket. For example if they stop players participating in PSL just bcoz in future it may give competition to IPL...I would absolutely criticize BCCI.

There should be no any politics in cricket but KPL was all about politics. BCCI is well within its right to use its power and give a befitting response.

Last edited:
He lives in the first world and fully democratic country. Perhaps if he lived in India he would know speaking the truth is punishable with some consequences.

If he is living in first world; living the first world lifestyle, then he doesn't need to come to India for low paying third world country jobs. It should go to someone who needs this very job to feed a family living on third world lifestyle.

Just imagine any league starting with the punchline 'Lenge Azaadi'. Lets be honest, KPL was hosted more for political purpose than just cricket. It was hosted as a tool to demand a seperate state for Kashmir and liberating it from India. Hence the theme 'Azaadi' league.

BCCI which is bounded to adhere Indian govt is well within its rights to deny people employment in its organization who are participating in a league that support seperatist movement.

I would be the first one to criticize BCCI if they try to harm other countries purely on cricket. For example if they stop players participating in PSL just bcoz in future it may give competition to IPL...I would absolutely criticize BCCI.

There should be no any politics in cricket but KPL was all about politics. BCCI is well within its right to use its power and give a befitting response.

I am not sure if it's deliberate or whether you are not able to read about the KPL and understand what they are doing about Kashmir.

Think it's deliberate but please prove me wrong.

Here's the link again

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/s...p-become-superstars-as-well-quot-Taimoor-Khan

If he is living in first world; living the first world lifestyle, then he doesn't need to come to India for low paying third world country jobs. It should go to someone who needs this very job to feed a family living on third world lifestyle.

People are allowed to go anywhere they can find jobs and further advance their career. England is a first world country with democratic rights where speaking the truth doesn't necessarily come with any consequences like you were mentioning so I thought that must be exclusive to India only.

I am not sure if it's deliberate or whether you are not able to read about the KPL and understand what they are doing about Kashmir.

Here's the link again

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/s...p-become-superstars-as-well-quot-Taimoor-Khan

What sort of political statement this low level league can make in Kashmir? Is this going to decide the future of Kashmir?

This where Indians have always been wrong cricket is not a political tool and cant be used as one. Cricket is played by professional sportsmen who have spent their lives just learning the art and have no advance knowledge of politics or complex and sensitive issues like Kashmir.

Let cricket be just that cricket.

So you are telling me that for a densely populated country that couldn’t send more than a handful of athletes to the Olympics, it was absolutely essential to pump money into a league called Kashmir premier league and have a controversial tag line like Azaadi etc which is obviously not even a subtle reference. You expect India not to respond.

Guys like Gayle, AB, Steyn have all played PSL and they are much bigger T20 names than Gibbs and Monty. Has BCCI blocked them ?

PCB is not responsible for Olympic sports its common knowledge the only sports people in Pakistan care about is cricket. The idea anyway is to make money form the league like anything people are only interested where money can be made.

What can low level league like KPL achieve in Kashmir anyway?

Panesar should have learnt from the likes of Prior and Shah - keep your gob shut and pray that BCCI guys had a good breakfast this morning.

Think Panesar and Gibbs will be regular visitors to Pakistan soon.

Panesar could make big bucks in Pakistan. An Indian origin british sikh would be highly attractive to the Pak market and he would be a celebrity in the overseas sikh community too since they are antimodi.

However on the flipside - sikhs are highly nostalgic for their lands in punjab, they are the most attached community ive ever met. So it would be heartbreaking for a guy like Monty to not be able to visit the sikh heartlands of India.

Sad times indeed.

People are allowed to go anywhere they can find jobs and further advance their career. England is a first world country with democratic rights where speaking the truth doesn't necessarily come with any consequences like you were mentioning so I thought that must be exclusive to India only.

People aren NOT allowed to go anywhere they can find jobs and further advance thier career.

The respective country PERMITS them to work in their country and further advance their career depending upon what qualities they bring for the benefits of the respective countries.

Its a privilege, not a right.

Here's the link again

With respect....not sure what this interview got to do with anything I have posted. Ofcourse as a director of KPL, he would not admit the league is politically motivated, isnt it?

Pls tell me how can a league's theme song be 'Lenge Azadi' and its not political? Azadi from whom? Ofcourse they meant from India...i.e liberating Kashmir from India in plain simple english. Its the same sloganeering that was raised few years ago in JNU university as well by Kashmiri students. I fail to understand how this league is not political. It is infact everything political and cricket is just a mask.

BCCI is simply saying you participate in such league who want Kashmir to be azaad from India...good do it. But then dont come to India seeking jobs.

Totally fair if you ask me :)

This is embarrassing tbh. I mean do you really need to be so petty?

People aren NOT allowed to go anywhere they can find jobs and further advance thier career.

The respective country PERMITS them to work in their country and further advance their career depending upon what qualities they bring for the benefits of the respective countries.

Its a privilege, not a right.

In India maybe but in most other countries if you are given job you are allowed to go irrespective of your views. Certainly speaking the truth is not is not punished in most countries other than India if thats what you are implying.

Consequences for speaking the truth and not sucking up to the BCCI.

Laughable stuff.

With respect....not sure what this interview got to do with anything I have posted. Ofcourse as a director of KPL, he would not admit the league is politically motivated, isnt it?

Pls tell me how can a league's theme song be 'Lenge Azadi' and its not political? Azadi from whom? Ofcourse they meant from India...i.e liberating Kashmir from India in plain simple english. Its the same sloganeering that was raised few years ago in JNU university as well by Kashmiri students. I fail to understand how this league is not political. It is infact everything political and cricket is just a mask.

BCCI is simply saying you participate in such league who want Kashmir to be azaad from India...good do it. But then dont come to India seeking jobs.

They are playing cricket? How can any sports event be politically motivated unless Pakistan is intending to organize this even in IOK?

It is organised in an area where Pakistanis are free to roam for over 50 years now and they have been free to play cricket for the same? Whats changed?

In India maybe but in most other countries if you are given job you are allowed to go irrespective of your views. Certainly speaking the truth is not is not punished in most countries other than India if thats what you are implying.

He isn't employee of BCCI nor he is getting sacked. So I wouldn't call it as punishment.

This is embarrassing tbh. I mean do you really need to be so petty?

If Indian government was petty, they would ban PSL telecast in India, like pakistan government banned IPL telecast.

They are playing cricket? How can any sports event be politically motivated unless Pakistan is intending to organize this even in IOK?

It is organised in an area where Pakistanis are free to roam for over 50 years now and they have been free to play cricket for the same? Whats changed?

Its the message that counts. even if it is held in US or UK, same will be applied.

BCCI 8s stopping no one. But if you go to KPL you cannot come to earn in India.

Now according to pakistanis India cannot decide who can take a job here.

Are you implying political messages cant be spread via cricket?

Didnt PCB had issues when Indian players wore army jersey in an ODI against Australia and raised the concern to the ICC?

Is it not true aeroplane carrying 'Free Kashmir' pamplet was flown during Ind-Afg world cup match?

So cricket or any sport can be used to spread political message. KPL is doing the same and hence the reservation from BCCI.

BCCI 8s stopping no one. But if you go to KPL you cannot come to earn in India.

Now according to pakistanis India cannot decide who can take a job here.

For some, they will lose their livelihood (.... they didn't work here anyway so I don't get it but still....)

So who decides who will get a job in India. According to the logic here, even if i run a company, I shouldn't have the right to hire the people I want.

So.... who will decide? PCB will decide for BCCI or what?

Its the message that counts. even if it is held in US or UK, same will be applied.

IPL is banned in Pakistan????

I have watched IPL in Pakistan many times? this is news to me? Indian movies are sometimes banned though but the reason for those are commercial.

What message is this sending? Pakistanis are allowed to play cricket?

Didnt PCB had issues when Indian players wore army jersey in an ODI against Australia and raised the concern to the ICC?

Is it not true aeroplane carrying 'Free Kashmir' pamplet was flown during Ind-Afg world cup match?

So cricket or any sport can be used to spread political message. KPL is doing the same and hence the reservation from BCCI.
So indians wearing military shirts was a “principled” stance from India.

But none of that is happening here? The examples you have given is not actually related to cricket. Army and political banners are not part of cricket activity.

Here its just a league that is gong to play cricket however if I see that they are trying to convey some sort message in the way of that examples you have given I would be the first one to condemn it.

Why is India wearing army caps PCB's problem?

Army is a know body controlled by countries political party so there is no place for army related messages in any sports for any country.

Let cricket be just cricket.

Pro tip: Check whether you're involving yourself in a tournament that's political before signing up.

Mate no one is interested in ipl in Pakistan. That’s the truth the reality. People who want to watch it, can do so … it’s not like ptv would have broadcast ipl.

If an entity doesn't have significance, it won't be banned. it will simply be ignored.

If the entity is banned, it means it puts threatening in different aspects in one or the other way which can be anything.

The outcome doesn't Co incide with your interpretation. I never visited Pakistan and I didn't even know IPL was banned until today but things just isn't adding up.

I didn’t even know there was a league happening in Kashmir. Bcci has just made it super popular with its lousy antics.

All the Indians crying about it, it makes zero difference to the league and zero difference to us Pakistanis. We are not reliant on you or your money boys.

Why should we blame BCCI though? They obviously follow whatever their government says?

If an entity doesn't have significance, it won't be banned. it will simply be ignored.

If the entity is banned, it means it puts threatening in different aspects in one or the other way which can be anything.

The outcome doesn't Co incide with your interpretation. I never visited Pakistan and I didn't even know IPL was banned until today but things just isn't adding up.

Bhai I don’t even know if anyone is interested in ipl in Pakistan. Been an avid cricket fan for decades and that means my friend circle would be built around cricket nerds, there is no interest there. Just indians thinking everyone is a fan of their league.

When it comes to principles, you shouldn't tolerate even minor discrepancies.

Principal for what? Is this tournament taking place in IOK?

This has nothing to do with BCCI or India, this tournament wasn’t designed to insult BCCI or India. Very sad

I didn’t even know there was a league happening in Kashmir. Bcci has just made it super popular with its lousy antics.

All the Indians crying about it, it makes zero difference to the league and zero difference to us Pakistanis. We are not reliant on you or your money boys.

PCB is begging for a series since a long time. Pak players are wishing to play IPL since they were banned.

Principal for what? Is this tournament taking place in IOK?

This has nothing to do with BCCI or India, this tournament wasn’t designed to insult BCCI or India. Very sad

The political message of KPL disagrees with your post.

But none of that is happening here? The examples you have given is not actually related to cricket. Army and political banners are not part of cricket activity.

Here its just a league that is gong to play cricket however if I see that they are trying to convey some sort message in the way of that examples you have given I would be the first one to condemn it.

If it is just a league looking to play cricket why make theme songs like 'maange Azadi'? If tomorrow BCCI launches a cricket tournament in Mumbai and add a phrase 'Free Baluchistan' will it not be considered political? Ofcourse it would.

PCB may not have threaten players to participate in such leagues bcoz it is not as strong as BCCI but surely they would have raised it with ICC. BCCI using its power and taking matter in their own hands.

If it is just a league looking to play cricket why make theme songs like 'maange Azadi'? If tomorrow BCCI launches a cricket tournament in Mumbai and add a phrase 'Free Baluchistan' will it not be considered political? Ofcourse it would.

PCB may not have threaten players to participate in such leagues bcoz it is not as strong as BCCI but surely they would have raised it with ICC. BCCI using its power and taking matter in their own hands.

Maange azaadi has got nothing to do with kashmir and political issue that exists. The song is related to cricket and these words are common in Urdu vocabulary.

If BCCi suspects its [political they should ask clarification but until something concrete is found they should not have objected to it as its got nothing to do with it.

They can even object to certain things within it if they thought something was politicizing the league for example f there were army gloves used etc. But to outright opposes the league and threatening overseas players is shameful.

[MENTION=152021]Rajdeep[/MENTION] I have listened to the anthem as well as read the hashtags of KPL’s official handle. I am yet to see maange azaadi which you have mentioned in multiple posts. What I am seeing is “khel azaadi se” which means play with freedom. Don’t really see anything political about it and not really sure what you are talking about unless I am missing something.

Last edited:

Because you have no idea what KPL is about. You had no idea until the sporting arm of the BJP aka the visa office aka BCCI decided to stop visas for people etc.

The Indian posters just cant see it.

Of course they are trying to stop the KPL or make it less viable. If not then all they had to do was to keep quite and then if and when a player applied for a job, just like any pakistani national, then they could have refused the visa citing the grounds. Instead they let their pettiness get the better fo them (not that refusing a visa to a foreign player because he played in KPL isn't petty enough).

[MENTION=152021]Rajdeep[/MENTION] I have listened to the anthem as well as read the hashtags of KPL’s official handle. I am yet to see maange azaadi which you have mentioned in multiple posts. What I am seeing is “khel azaadi se” which means play with freedom. Don’t really see anything political about it and not really sure what you are talking about unless I am missing something.

Are these comments political enough?

He added that KPL will bring cricket talent of Kashmir to mainstream cricket world.

Imran Ismail on this occasion said that KPL in Azad Kashmir will give a clear message to world that there is peace on this side of Kashmir while life has become difficult for people in Indian-held Kashmir.

“This is evidence to the world, they can see how different these two parts of Kashmir are,” he said at the launch of KPL.
He said that the role of media to this effect was also important.

He also congratulated the owners of the Kotli Lions on the occasion.

MNA and Chairman of Parliamentary Committee on Kashmir Shehryar Afridi through video link said that all stakeholders stand behind KPL. He said that it is a high-time to show that what is happening on the other side of the border and this side of the border. He said that the would will also own KPL.

ISLAMABAD (APP) - Federal Minister for Economic Affairs Omar Ayub believed the Kashmir Premier League (KPL) has echoed voices of concern in the neighbouring country India, as a league would run in Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) whereas the Indian Illegally-Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IIOJ&K) was kept under fear and captivity. “KPL was a golden opportunity for the Kashmiri cricketers to prove their mettle and show the world what Kashmir really is,” he said while addressing the logo unveiling ceremony of SRG KPL here at a local hotel. He urged the players to come on front foot and play with courage just like our leader Prime Minister Imran Khan who has raised the cause of Kashmir in the whole world. “I want the players to play freely and live bravely. Where India has spread fear in IIOJ&K, the KPL will be played with freedom and courage in AJK showing the world the real and actual face of Kashmir. The colour of the league will cross the line of control (LoC) from Muzaffarabad,” he said. He also lauded the KPL management saying they deserve congratulations. “I will land in the stadium while paragliding during KPL,” he said.

These were comments made by the organisers or the chief guests in the official ceremonies of the tournament. I'm quoting you because you're probably the most objective among Pak fans here, rest are either far too nationalistic or too emotional about the Kashmir dispute and get worked up as the conflict is close to their heart (which is understandable). But you have to remove the emotions here, either you mix politics with sport or you don't. It cannot be that the KPL can be political but then blame the BCCI for reacting politically too.

If India had organised a T20 league for Afghan cricketers in India and the likes of Ganguly and Jay Shah made comments in the official ceremony like "see how Pakistan is causing trouble in Afghanistan and look how we're helping the Afghans", then PCB will be fully justified in getting political at the said tournament too.

For the record, if the PCB indeed introduces a new team for Kashmir in the PSL without making any political comments directed at India, if the BCCI still reacts, I'll be the first one to call it out on its pettiness. Pakistan is indeed well within its rights to organise any cricket tournament in its territory anywhere including the part of Kashmir it administers, but when the organisers use the tournament as a PR tool to make strong political comments directed at another country, the cricket tournament ceases to just be another cricket tournament and becomes political. In that case, there's no point in blaming the other party for reacting by getting political because a political statement will get a political reaction. The BCCI is no angel and I think Pakistan and India should play regular cricket instead of the BCCI boycotting PCB. But in this particular case, I don't think the BCCI is in the wrong here.

This is pathetic from the BCCI
Shameless, and throwing their weight around.
The BCCI, India and Indian cricket fans are three separate entities.
BCCI donot represent me. Was never a fan of them gadzillion guzzlers.
on the flip side, if the league has some hokum pot smoke 'lenge azadi' or similar cringeworthy narrative on politiical lines, then fair game.
Cricket looses when politics seeps in.

on the flip side, if the league has some hokum pot smoke 'lenge azadi' or similar cringeworthy narrative on politiical lines, then fair game.

The post above yours posted by street cricketer is even bigger than what you mentioned.

I think the message by Monty is very diplomatic and in no way is he criticising anyone or getting involved in the politics.

He's been very honest regarding why he's not playing in the KPL. If people want to twist his message then that's up to them.

Are these comments political enough?

These were comments made by the organisers or the chief guests in the official ceremonies of the tournament. I'm quoting you because you're probably the most objective among Pak fans here, rest are either far too nationalistic or too emotional about the Kashmir dispute and get worked up as the conflict is close to their heart (which is understandable). But you have to remove the emotions here, either you mix politics with sport or you don't. It cannot be that the KPL can be political but then blame the BCCI for reacting politically too.

If India had organised a T20 league for Afghan cricketers in India and the likes of Ganguly and Jay Shah made comments in the official ceremony like "see how Pakistan is causing trouble in Afghanistan and look how we're helping the Afghans", then PCB will be fully justified in getting political at the said tournament too.

For the record, if the PCB indeed introduces a new team for Kashmir in the PSL without making any political comments directed at India, if the BCCI still reacts, I'll be the first one to call it out on its pettiness. Pakistan is indeed well within its rights to organise any cricket tournament in its territory anywhere including the part of Kashmir it administers, but when the organisers use the tournament as a PR tool to make strong political comments directed at another country, the cricket tournament ceases to just be another cricket tournament and becomes political. In that case, there's no point in blaming the other party for reacting by getting political because a political statement will get a political reaction. The BCCI is no angel and I think Pakistan and India should play regular cricket instead of the BCCI boycotting PCB. But in this particular case, I don't think the BCCI is in the wrong here.

Expected better from you.

Ministers on both sides will say what they want, but how does that change the reason for the league?

Please read the interview of the Director and understand what they are trying to achieve with KPL.

As an esteemed poster, you should be able to see through the smoke.

The motto of this league is #KheloAzaadiSe
Subtle :yk :rofl

The political message of KPL disagrees with your post.

Where is this Political message? Have I missed something? I’ve only come to realise this league has some so called political message after Gibbs sent out his tweet.

Exactly!
“Khelo Azaadi sey”

Monty and many others are being stopped to play with freedom and their own choices”

No one is stopping them. They are free to play and make a choice.

What you guys cant digest that India or BCCI is making a choice.

No one is stopping them. They are free to play and make a choice.

What you guys cant digest that India or BCCI is making a choice.

And what you can’t digest is that the KPL is being played in Pakistan administered Kashmir and your government can’t prevent it.

Exactly!
“Khelo Azaadi sey”

Monty and many others are being stopped to play with freedom and their own choices”

Who said they are being stopped to play with freedom and their own choices? They are welcome to play in the KPL.

Except that they will never be employed by the BCCI.

Shoaib Malik who is married to an Indian national will be taking part in the KPL. Lets see when he goes to India next.

Exactly!
“Khelo Azaadi sey”

Oh accha, that's why the name.
The organisers knew beforehand that Bcci will stop Monty from playing with freedom and came up with this beautiful motto . Kudos, talented bunch for sure.
I thought this was in connection with Kashmir's Azaadi or something how silly of me.:yk

Last edited by a moderator:
Back