[VIDEO] Sarfaraz Ahmed - Support Thread

if we are evaluating players after one test, that too against world no.1 team in testing conditions, we better drop Hafeez, Younus and Azhar in the garbage can. They were equally bad if not worse in this game :sahmed

if we are evaluating players after one test, that too against world no.1 team in testing conditions, we better drop Hafeez, Younus and Azhar in the garbage can. They were equally bad if not worse in this game :sahmed

Younis and Azhar have been consistent performers hence still playing after their debuts..Sarfraz on the other hand has been an average keeper with 6 drop and couple of misstumpings to his name and an awful batsman..any keeper in Pakistan is better than him.

so true Farazaidi, there is no harm in fair criticism after the whole series fail but after only 1st test where the most our batsmen failed is absolutely absurd.

People like AJ need to get a life......:facepalm:

Younis and Azhar have been consistent performers hence still playing after their debuts..Sarfraz on the other hand has been an average keeper with 6 drop and couple of misstumpings to his name and an awful batsman..any keeper in Pakistan is better than him.

Stop this bullcrap about keeping dude, because he was flawless in his keeping in this match. People like you need to get life dude and there is pure haterism toward a certain player with no reason, how many test matches has he played to prove himself.

If he fails in the next matches against SA, then I would be with you but keep this Bullcrap to yourself till these two matches are finished.

This is his First test after comeback against the best bowling with the new ball, . give him some time dude atleast spare him for two matches

Last edited:

btw why don't you say the same when people talk about Umer Akmal's dropping after one-two failures?He's been batting Pakistan out of all these crisis that's why he's second leading scorer in ODIs and leading the table in T20s even though he bats at no.6 mostly. that's why he's our best batsman.

Last edited:
so true Farazaidi, there is no harm in fair criticism after the whole series fail but after only 1st test where the most our batsmen failed is absolutely absurd.

People like AJ need to get a life......:facepalm:

Only person that needs to get a life is you and your bitchy whinning like a girl.

Only person that needs to get a life is you and your bitchy whinning like a girl.

look who is saying what, haha I can only laught at this moronic statement. I said there is a fair criticism after whole series is finished. I am not defending Sarfraz here, if he fails to preform in whole series then there is every right for him to be criticised of being ousted from Pakistan side.

Why bark after only one match?

Last edited:

lol anybody arguing with these guys must be mental

6 drops? when did that happen. His keeping was flawless throughout the test

Younis and Azhar have been consistent performers because they've been with the team for that period of time, how can you expect that from Sarfraz? he is only playing his 2nd test :facepalm:

Younis and Azhar have been consistent performers because they've been with the team for that period of time, how can you expect that from Sarfraz? he is only playing his 2nd test :facepalm:

do u not read? we have seen plenty of him in ODIs as well to see that he is a complete pansy with a bat at this level

btw why don't you say the same when people talk about Umer Akmal's dropping after one-two failures?He's been batting Pakistan out of all these crisis that's why he's second leading scorer in ODIs and leading the table in T20s even though he bats at no.6 mostly. that's why he's our best batsman.

you know, even his worst critics acknowledge that Umar has still been scoring more than his team mates but that has never been the point of discussion. Application and composure are his problems, until he get that he will never ever be successful at int'l level.

As for dropping, I never wanted him out of ODI or T20 side. I dont know what you're talking about there

do u not read? we have seen plenty of him in ODIs as well to see that he is a complete pansy with a bat at this level

good for u then. Please put up with more of him in test cricket as he isnt going anywhere for now :)

AJ I don't post rubbish like that Sarfaraz should bat after Junaid.That was a comment full of anger and jealousy.

look who is saying what, haha I can only laught at this moronic statement. I said there is a fair criticism after whole series is finished. I am not defending Sarfraz here, if he fails to preform in whole series then there is every right for him to be criticised of being ousted from Pakistan side.

Why bark after only one match?

And yet you guys were posting things like ''I have always supported him'' ''Why is Amjid Javed gone hiding after being proven wrong'' after one inning of a warm-up match?

he is a proven domestic bully...shows the level of 1st class in pakistan

Sarfraz is better than overrated Adnan Akmal.He.has had the backing of 16 tests and has got only 2 fifties in 21 innings.This is not a good ratio.An average of 27.50 is boosted by 5 Not Outs. Let's disect the statistics before forming our judgements.

And yet you guys were posting things like ''I have always supported him'' ''Why is Amjid Javed gone hiding after being proven wrong'' after one inning of a warm-up match?

Can please read my post earlier about Adnan on other threads, where I clearly wrote about he was clearly dropped unfairly, this doesn't mean I going to hate Sarfraz for no reason.

He has does nothing wrong to get that much hate from some people, I never really rate Sarfraz him in ODI, will never do. I supported him to test because of his FC record, which he never got proper got a chance to do so to justify his FC record . I never would come to conclusion after one test match. I would reserve my opinion after next two test matches.

His main job was to keep, which he did perfectly, not to bat long. If our main batsman couldn't stay for 10 balls,then we got too much exception against best attack. In his second innings he was clearly unlucky[got inside edge].

I again say great players like Inzamam and Dravid and othes as well have been crap in SA[it is the most difficult place for SC batsmen], so please I personally feel Adnan with his 27 average on flat track wouldn't give too much confident in SA, infact there is no keeper that would have been successful against SA especially against this attack. Infact Adnan has safeguarded his career and Sarfraz was meant to be a scapegoat, this was all planeed

I tell you what that thrid string attack in the warm up is much better than SL attack, where our most our FTB have scored against, infact Sarfraz outscored every batsman of ours in that warm up match #fact . I always said this would give a lot of confidence going to next warm up match, never asserted anything about him.

SL tour to UAE , 2nd ODI

Mohammad Hafeez to Tharanga, no run, dropped! Hafeez slowed his pace and turned the offbreak away from Tharanga after drifting into him. Tharanga tried to cut and got an edge to Sarfraz, the ball popped in and out of his gloves.

Pakistan tour of Bangladesh, 2011/12

Sohail Tanvir to Nasir Hossain, no run, Dropped comes round the wicket, the ball kicks up and Nasir flashes at it, thin edge and Sarfraz fluffs it, that was a sitter

Pakistan in Sri Lanka, first ODI

Mohammad Hafeez to Thirimanne, no run, dropped by Sarfraz. Thirimanne looks to cut a ball not short enough, and gets a thin edge, but it doesn;t stick in Sarf's gloves

Mohammad Sami to Perera, no run, dropped? Not quite. This one moves in from around off, hits the thigh pad, and is not collected cleanly by Sarfraz. This one was close to the inside edge, but didn't hit it

2nd ODI

Saeed Ajmal to Jayawardene, no run, dropped?. The straighter one Ajmal outside off, Mahela plays for the offbreak, edges it, but Sarfraz spills it

I'm sure there will be more:ahmed

lol, you're counting drops of his whole career? good for you buddy. Do you have any idea how many drops Kamran has had so far? dont worry I'm sure everybody is lost count. It was somewhere around 160 the last time I remember :akhtar

since you are good at counting, I'll give you another number. FIVE !

yes, that is the number of catches Adnan dropped in his debut test, go figure !

PS: I'm a fan of Adnan Akmal

AJ I don't post rubbish like that Sarfaraz should bat after Junaid.That was a comment full of anger and jealousy.

Anger and jealousy? :)))

It was my opnion on what ive seen of sarfaraz so far in both ODIS/Tests. His technic is lousy and he looks like a tail ender every time ive seen him bat.

Seriously your comments make me laugh.

lol, you're counting drops of his whole career? good for you buddy. Do you have any idea how many drops Kamran has had so far? dont worry I'm sure everybody is lost count. It was somewhere around 160 the last time I remember :akhtar

since you are good at counting, I'll give you another number. FIVE !

yes, that is the number of catches Adnan dropped in his debut test, go figure !

PS: I'm a fan of Adnan Akmal

really?that's a news to me.I doubt he even dropped one catch..are you on to something?:yk

Lol why are people arguing with MSRN/AJ, they are blind haters and that was proven when they simply disappeared from this thread when Sarfaraz scored that 90 odd. So instead of arguing with them, just hope that Sarfarz performs again and you will see that these guys will just vanish from this thread like in the past.

really?that's a news to me.I doubt he even dropped one catch..are you on to something?:yk

for your eyes only, I've checked cricinfo archive and found the two chances he spilled in that series, although I vividly remember him missing more

Abdur Rehman to Smith, 2 leg byes, missed stumping, Adnan misses one, that spun quite a bit, sucked him into the drive with that tossed up delivery outside off, Smith went after it, missed, it appeared to just brush the pad and Adnan Akmal failed to collect it cleanly, he had taken a catch that was not given earlier in the day and now this.

Mohammad Sami to Botha, FOUR, dropped and he produces the edge, it was bowled beautifully on of stump, making him play as it move away taking the outside edge that flies in between keeper and slip, Adnan puts in the dive to his right but can't hold on, you have to feel for Mohammad Sami

Anyway, Sarfraz has now had 2 neat test matches so his keeping is already 100 times better than Adnan. Can you please admit that he is a better keeper? :msd

Lol why are people arguing with MSRN/AJ, they are blind haters and that was proven when they simply disappeared from this thread when Sarfaraz scored that 90 odd. So instead of arguing with them, just hope that Sarfarz performs again and you will see that these guys will just vanish from this thread like in the past.

I know its pointless buts I love the way he swirls after every ownage and comes up with an even bigger bongi. Its entertaining to read ! :waqar

for your eyes only, I've checked cricinfo archive and found the two chances he spilled in that series, although I vividly remember him missing more

Anyway, Sarfraz has now had 2 neat test matches so his keeping is already 100 times better than Adnan. Can you please admit that he is a better keeper? :msd

lol you said he had 5 dropped catches to his name and you brought just one that too a hard one...he has kept in 37 innings and you could brought only one drop catch and declare Sarfraz who has dropped so many and missed stumpings as a better keeper...yeah right,,clear bias there:umarakmal

I know its pointless buts I love the way he swirls after every ownage and comes up with an even bigger bongi. Its entertaining to read ! :waqar

What's bongi is Fawad being your favorite batsman and Sarfraz favorite wk batsman:))) :)))

lol you said he had 5 dropped catches to his name and you brought just one that too a hard one...he has kept in 37 innings and you could brought only one drop catch and declare Sarfraz who has dropped so many and missed stumpings as a better keeper...yeah right,,clear bias there:umarakmal

you really are bad at maths, there are two missed chances, not 1. And no, I didnt scanned through his 37 innings like a hater as you do for Sarfraz, I only mentioned the two chances that he dropped in his first two matches.

I've bolded the text so that you can read properly, here one again to summarize

after 1st two test

Sarfraz missed chance
NONE

Adnan missed chance
TWO

Sarfraz > Adnan

:msd

Bro the catches Farazadi posted are only from Adnan's first series. if you want to look at his whole career than give the videos below a watch

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-uP1voUjCos" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

there are also a few other videos and cricinfo bits that i can post later if you want.

What's bongi is Fawad being your favorite batsman and Sarfraz favorite wk batsman:))) :)))

my favourite batsman is MYK but Fawad aint bad either :)

And now that you've mentioned Sarfraz, I'd prefer him for tests and Gohar Ali for LOIs. And Kamran shouldnt be anywhere near a Pakistani team ever again. Not even in the blind team incase ICC allows him

you really are bad at maths, there are two missed chances, not 1. And no, I didnt scanned through his 37 innings like a hater as you do for Sarfraz, I only mentioned the two chances that he dropped in his first two matches.

I've bolded the text so that you can read properly, here one again to summarize

after 1st two test

Sarfraz missed chance
NONE

Adnan missed chance
TWO

Sarfraz > Adnan

:msd

by that logic Umar Akmal>Bradman since he scored 150 runs more than Sir Bradman did on his debut:yk

by that logic Umar Akmal>Bradman since he scored 150 runs more than Sir Bradman did on his debut:yk

Thats not even an argument, Umer Akmal is miles better than Bradman, in fact the only reason PCB did not select Akmal for this series is because it would have been unfair to the South Africans. Umer Akmal would have made triple hundreds in every innings and took 10fers while bowling(all caught and bowled). So we dropped him to give SA a bit off a chance to compete.:umarakmal

Bro the catches Farazadi posted are only from Adnan's first series. if you want to look at his whole career than give the videos below a watch

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-uP1voUjCos" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

there are also a few other videos and cricinfo bits that i can post later if you want.

Even Boucher,Gilly must have had 2-3 drop catches in 40 odd innings...the whole world has seen how good of a keeper he is and never gives up with the bat whenever Pakistan needs him. Sarfraz isn't athletic enough and is a terrible terrible batsman..

Even though I think Sarfraz>Adnan>>>>>KAkmal, I don't give any kind of credit to most of Sarfraz fans on this thread for the simple fact that they don't support Sarfraz, but rather the city tag behind him, as the one behind Asad/Fawad/Shahzaib/Tanvir/... and I find it pretty sad.

@Shan: If you look back at this thread, you'll find many victorious posts after his 93 inning. How can those posters ask for any kind of patience?

Even Boucher,Gilly must have had 2-3 drop catches in 40 odd innings...the whole world has seen how good of a keeper he is and never gives up with the bat whenever Pakistan needs him. Sarfraz isn't athletic enough and is a terrible terrible batsman..

Look dude i am not arguing that Adnan is a bad keeper, calling Adnan a bad keeper would be unfair just as calling Sarfaraz a poor batsman is unfair.
i know Sarfaraz has had a pretty slow start to his test career but its only been 4 innings, why not give him a bit of time even great batsman like Anwar and Attapatu got ducks in their first test match. And don't bring his ODI batting into this, he was made to bat at 8/9 while it clear that he is not a slogger but a proper batsman but he still played a couple of crucial knocks.

Even though I think Sarfraz>Adnan>>>>>KAkmal, I don't give any kind of credit to most of Sarfraz fans on this thread for the simple fact that they don't support Sarfraz, but rather the city tag behind him, as the one behind Asad/Fawad/Shahzaib/Tanvir/... and I find it pretty sad.

@Shan: If you look back at this thread, you'll find many victorious posts after his 93 inning. How can those posters ask for any kind of patience?

You think people supporting the Akmal brothers are any different? Anyways i can't speak for others but i don't support Sarfaraz cause of his city, i support him cause i believe he is the best keeper we have. Also even hacks like Shahzaib and Khalid Latif are from Karachi and i am sure most Karachities will agree that they should beno where near the team.

lets wait till end of this series. This will atleast give him adequate time to prove his place in the team

I think Adnan has been lucky not get picked for this tour, and his hack like technique would have been exposed badly in SA.

Now if Sarfraz fails(batting) against best attack in the world, people would talk about Adnan coming back to the team and which he would and have all the luxury to bat on flat track of Asia and poor Sarfraz would suffer.

I was right though

I have said the same in drop Azhar, Younis, Rahat, Asad threads is to give them a chance till the end of the series. People just have no paitence and even more so when they believe their guy has been treated unfairly due to a city issue (not for all but for quite a few folks here e.g. MRSN, Akaml Dynasty, etc). Nothing I will write will make a difference but for some reason I wanted say it any way.............

I have said the same in drop Azhar, Younis, Rahat, Asad threads is to give them a chance till the end of the series. People just have no paitence and even more so when they believe their guy has been treated unfairly due to a city issue (not for all but for quite a few folks here e.g. MRSN, Akaml Dynasty, etc). Nothing I will write will make a difference but for some reason I wanted say it any way.............

azhar and asad are new, but SA condition is not new for younus khan, he should have been really gearing up to behave as a senior guy like misbah and score some runs

I like the way you use those two words in the sentence, its only because of fanboys like you that Umar Akmal is laughed at by other countries. Oh and btw, your argument is false because Umar has played 16 tests since and couldnt score another hundred. Bradman in his first 16 tests had scored 10 centuries, 4 double and 1 triple :arafat

way to have an argument buddy ! people do have regional bias here, its evident from some posts but its just naive to think it is only for Karachi players. Even bigger mistake on your part is to brush all posters with one colour.

The stinking regional bias is there for Kamran, Malik, Sohail Tanvir and Imran Farhat. ****** players who have gotten numerous unwarranted recalls and yet some support them due to their region

Edit : cant believe it got filtered out. lol !

Last edited:
way to have an argument buddy ! people do have regional bias here, its evident from some posts but its just naive to think it is only for Karachi players. Even bigger mistake on your part is to brush all posters with one colour.

The stinking regional bias is there for Kamran, Malik, Sohail Tanvir and Imran Farhat. ****** players who have gotten numerous unwarranted recalls and yet some support them due to their region

And what about the ethnic bias? :afridi :gul

Last edited:
Joke of a cricketer who shouldn't be close to the Pakistan team again.

Who cares about his runs in domestic cricket and in warmup games when he is totally useless in matches that count? Looks worse than a tailender and is nothing special as a Wk as well.

Sarfraz is better than overrated Adnan Akmal.He.has had the backing of 16 tests and has got only 2 fifties in 21 innings.This is not a good ratio.An average of 27.50 is boosted by 5 Not Outs. Let's disect the statistics before forming our judgements.

Your trolling is getting worse by the day.

What has Sarfaz done with the bat?

For your info, he averages 3 in tests and 19 in ODIs. he may have only 2 tests but plenty of ODIs to show his class with the bat. Barring one knock against Bangladesh of all teams, he has been terrible all matches.

Sarfraz should be nowhere close to national selection, someone like Rizwan should get a chance now, he looks good with the bat and could be the final nail in Kamran's coffin because tbh you'd be hard pressed to find a worse WK than him in the country.

In terms of WK,

Adnan > > Sarfraz > dead frog > > > > > > > > > > Kamran.

There is no question about that. But, we need a Wk whose capable with the bat.

Sarfraz is useless, Adnan is okay, Kamran is the best of the lot by a mile but he is too terrible of a WK to be considered for tests.

Sarfraz Ahmed Support Thread

3 (11).

What a joke of a batsman :facepalm:

Hopefully the third test will be the final time he will represent Pakistan.

Adnan and Rizwan should fight it out for the test team, and Rizwan and Kamran for ODIs and T20s.

hopefully azhar ali and younus khan will also get replaced

Your analogies are pathetic, no offense.

Younis is a world class test batsman with an average of 50 and 20 hundreds. He's one of the best Pakistani test batsmen ever.

Azhar has a very good record so far and has proven that's he a dependable batsman. Although he has yet to prove that he isn't a FTB.

Sarfraz Ahmed has not played a single quality innings for Pakistan in 27 matches. How many more chances does he need?

I'm sorry but I can't rate a 40 odd against a minnow like Bangladesh a quality innings.

what a joke we have to put up with this rubbish for 4 more innings....worst keeper batsman i have seen for pakistan along with mohammed salman

Your analogies are pathetic, no offense.

Younis is a world class test batsman with an average of 50 and 20 hundreds. He's one of the best Pakistani test batsmen ever.

Azhar has a very good record so far and has proven that's he a dependable batsman. Although he has yet to prove that he isn't a FTB.

Sarfraz Ahmed has not played a single quality innings for Pakistan in 27 matches. How many more chances does he need?

I'm sorry but I can't rate a 40 odd against a minnow like Bangladesh a quality innings.

sarfraz has kept well but nobody is even giving him credit for this?

even he is a pathetic batsman his primary job is to keep, so far he is the best keeper, as for his batting he will certainly improve with time, he is sent with the tail, which isnt working for him and neither misbah and nor coach is with this poor guy

misbah should forget adnan and support this guy

as for 40 odd against a minnow, you should have seen the match and how pakistan was about to lose the match before commenting, the same minnow side defeated india and srilanka

younis and azhar both are FTB so they are not needed in the team

I think he's a fab keeper the best in Pakistan by a fair distance . His batting has t cli led yet but give home time and you will see results. He has shown glimpses of his talent with the bat. Asia cup and 93 in warm up match. The akmals are a disgrace.

Sarfraz Ahmed Support Thread

He isn't not a terrific keeper.
He's better than Kamran obviously but then Adnan is better than him.

This Sarfaraz ka bacha is a complete lulloo with the bat

sarfraz has kept well but nobody is even giving him credit for this?

even he is a pathetic batsman his primary job is to keep, so far he is the best keeper, as for his batting he will certainly improve with time, he is sent with the tail, which isnt working for him and neither misbah and nor coach is with this poor guy

misbah should forget adnan and support this guy

as for 40 odd against a minnow, you should have seen the match and how pakistan was about to lose the match before commenting, the same minnow side defeated india and srilanka

younis and azhar both are FTB so they are not needed in the team
so its now Misbah's fault that Sarfraz cannot bat? :facepalm:

^ Might see a fifty if Pakistan get through the day without losing any more wickets

Looks like he was sent in as nightwatchmen when YK got out... otherwise am sure tanvir would have come into bat.

he is unlucky. Almost always comes in when ball is new. and no he is not an opening batsman.
1st test came in when 2nd new ball was taken and same in 2nd test.

sarfraz has looks ridiculous while only playing 5 balls,

SHAME MYK GOT OUT JUST BEFORE STUMPS

tomorrow we will need a miracle form sarfraz n asad to get the score past 350

he is unlucky. Almost always comes in when ball is new. and no he is not an opening batsman.

his come out when the ball is 8.5 balls old. and the ball isn't doing much either,

he looks nervous n scared,

no run's here could be the end of his international career,

he needs to show guts :sahmed:sahmed:sahmed

He looked very nervous. I hope today's survival gave him some confidence. It would be crucial that he and Asad survives 12-15 over in the morning then the runs can come and Pakistan can get close to 400.

I really want Sarfraz to be successful tomorrow with Shafiq. That will be a great moral booster from them and Pakistan that two young guns can take care of difficult situation.

We will get bowled out at approx. 300 runs tomorrow. I hope im wrong.

the way sarfraz played the 5 deliveries i'll be surprised we manage 300.

huge test tomo,

1st test day 1 pak did well n day 2 game went 100% in south africa's favor,

hope that dont repeat itself

Poor excuse, he's never looked comfortable with bat in hand in any international game plus today he was being tested by bouncers mainly. I wouldn't mind if Sarfraz was a poor bat but I just don't get how he shows no indications of having a 40+ FC record when playing in internationals. If he's really terrible then they may as well promote Tanvir and Gul ahead of him. Hopefully he can do something tomorrow.

i support the guy but he looked soo nervous and that near run out did not make things better.

yep 40 average in fc, ummmmmm makes u think how bad are our domestic bowlers?

wish him well , 2mo might be his make or break innings

Back