[VIDEO] Sarfaraz Ahmed - Support Thread

Cant bat and now dropping simple chances and that could cost us chance of winning the game.

2 catches drooped this innings alone including AB!!!
This knocked knee unfit keeper must be doing some extra favours for Iqbal Qasim!!!

This is going to cost Pakistan big.

You can't keep dropping a player like AB

I didnt see the chances so cant say how tough they were, but sadly thats the way it is for certain players. I am sure you would have been doing similar whining had Adnan or Kamran dropped these chances.

yes the way kamran keeps i will be surprised if he holds the ball at all, let alone going for tough chances not to mention how he made us lose the semi final and the world cup

which drop catch people are talking about?? Cricinfo commentary does not say anything about drop chance by keeper. Maybe Cricinfo also missed it.

Very bad keeping by Sarfraz. Akmals must be laughing at him sitting at home....one they dont have to bat in South Africa and two Sarfraz has been keeping horribly. Expect the FTB brothers to come back for some easy money in UAE.

one of the worst players to represent pakistan ever....like a girl with his batting and his keeping is nothing special.....no fight in him might as well play for pakistan under 16 womens team....cissy player

Mediocre keeper, crap batsman. Frankly I don't see any upside with him in the team.

Looking forward to watch him bat in the second innings....He will be needed to score some runs...

I'd rather have Kami behind the stumps than him :facepalm:
An awful Cricketer. Adnan must be flown in asap for the next Test. Wishful thinking I know.

I'd rather have Kami behind the stumps than him :facepalm:
An awful Cricketer. Adnan must be flown in asap for the next Test. Wishful thinking I know.

why adnan, and why not muhammad rizwan and other future prospects why do you want not to give the guy more time to settle, adnan dropped dollies before didnt he?

can adnan bat in such a situation where the likes of azhar ali and jamshed are failing?

why adnan, and why not muhammad rizwan and other future prospects why do you want not to give the guy more time to settle, adnan dropped dollies before didnt he?

can adnan bat in such a situation where the likes of azhar ali and jamshed are failing?
Why not Adnan I ask you? Even Gilchrist (and Latif in his day) have dropped dollies. But none of them has done it as consistently as Sarfraz. He drops catches and has difficulty collecting the ball.
Adnan is a fabulous keeper and a handy batsman. Sarfraz can only wish to be like him.

Future prospects? I'm still trying to find the reason to justify Adnan's exclusion in the first place!

Why not Adnan I ask you? Even Gilchrist (and Latif in his day) have dropped dollies. But none of them has done it as consistently as Sarfraz. He drops catches and has difficulty collecting the ball.
Adnan is a fabulous keeper and a handy batsman. Sarfraz can only wish to be like him.

Future prospects? I'm still trying to find the reason to justify Adnan's exclusion in the first place!

lol adnan must be gilchrist :)):))

i got your point now

south africa will all have to wear tags around thir necks in the second innings' for pk to have any kind of lead

HaMmy FinE LeG StriKeR

What are your elite views on his skills against the spinners?

He is as bad as Kamran Akmal standing up to the stumps.

His batting is more of a concern than his keeping. Lets see how he does in 2nd innings before announcing our verdict on him

i think he will need to sacrifise either one of the two things for the time being, calls of mediocre adnan to replace sarfraz is just making him nervous

he is really bad we need adnan akmal at least he is a fighter and everyone knows it..!

had he taken AB last night, would've been tough for Saffers to come back in this game but well now they are.

This is going Sarfraz most innnings of his life, either he is going save his postion or be prepared say goodbye to national side and stick to domestic cricket.

By looking at his recent scores, I think we are going to see another flop from him

biggest innings ever hopefully he wont come in when its the new ball again and will be settled in when it does.

Cut him some slack, Safraz has 3 innings to go.

But I must say, he's awful when facing Ajmal and I don't want Ajmal to suffer like Kaneria did with Akmal.

maybe number four etc

so you put your most out of form batsmen into the best batting position, move every one down a position and make asad bat with the tail at number 7?

still cant see any logic to it, sarfraz is a number 7, and thats the position he'll always be if he is in the team, if he cant deal with the second new ball then he shouldnt be in the team.

hes still got three more innings to prove himself though, might come good tmou, i still have a little belief in him, you cant average 40 in FC with no batting skill.

That has to be the worst leave in history :))) I don't think safraz was very good at physics :)))

I officialy Quit as supporter of Sarfraz ........ very very poor batting ..

OMG what a brain freeze...Apart from poor poor batting that's irresponsible too

how can there even be a support thread for this clueless little school girl

And people went after me for saying he was selected due to a KCCA winge

If I was whatmore id be calling adnan right now

Last edited:
He is not a batsman.

He is a hack. A hack can get away with hacking in domestic cricket.

I will ask again - do these pathetic selectors actually watch the players they choose for the team ??

Even Ajmal has better technique than this joke.

Jis tarhan out howa hè dil karta hè Banda khara kar ke chatrool kare

Should send him back (make up à injury orso) and keep with faisal

worst keeper to play for Pakistan..he should thank God he isn't keeping to Amir/Asif in England type of conditions because he'd have looked a bigger joke with the gloves.

If I had my way,I'd put him on the plane and send him back to Pakistan right at this moment. Mike to keep for the South African innings :))

Sarfraz is embarassingly bad.

The pathetic dismissal sums up just why this loser has never scored runs despite being given plenty of chances. Caught like a rabbit in headlights by a perfectly straightforward delivery.

adnan would have at least contributed handy 20s/30s here and there and in situations like these it is priceless. Main thing is he would have shown fight. Sarfaraz Ahmed is like a lost little girl in a forest. Loser

I hope all sarfaraz fans should now realize how bad he is, some ppl are just good at domestic level they can't progress 2 intl level sarfaraz is one of them

Am from karachi was huge fan of sarfaraz and long b4 SA series stop being his fan adnan was dropped for no reason

Where have the Sarfaraz fans disappeared to?

Watching this guy keep out an Akmal from the keeper spot in the team makes my blood boil

Where have the Sarfaraz fans disappeared to?

Watching this guy keep out an Akmal from the keeper spot in the team makes my blood boil

Just curious, which Akmal are you talking about?

Rarely do I ever get angry about Pakistan's selections, but dropping Adnan was always a complete joke. We frankly don't deserve to win matches when we shoot ourselves in the foot by changing the team for no reason whatsoever.

Just curious, which Akmal are you talking about?

Adnan shouldnt have been dropped in the first place so they should give him priority over Kami for test cricket. But if the choice was between Kami or Sarfaraz, I would pick Kami all day.

For LOI cricket, Kami should always be the first choice.

As you can see, the Pakistan keeper should always be an Akmal imo.

And I dont like seeing their positions being taken away.

I am a big fan of his because I think he has leadership potential but unfortunately, he has been given so many chances and is not helping his cause. Deserves to be dropped now and work on his game.

he has more mental potential then the technical issue, he made a good boundary of the peterson bowl which shows he has talent

but he is too nervous out there, it may be the pressure to perform better than adnan, the way shafiq consolified his place, it looks totally impossible for sarfraz on the other hand

adnan would have at least contributed handy 20s/30s here and there and in situations like these it is priceless. Main thing is he would have shown fight. Sarfaraz Ahmed is like a lost little girl in a forest. Loser

We dont know that. I sure would have preferred to see Adnan there in SA but most of his performances are on slowish tracks where it is just a tad easier to score. I still think Adnan deserved to be the first choice coz he is a plucky character and i doubt he would have gifted his wicket away the way sarfaraz seems to do.

he has more mental potential then the technical issue, he made a good boundary of the peterson bowl which shows he has talent

but he is too nervous out there, it may be the pressure to perform better than adnan, the way shafiq consolified his place, it looks totally impossible for sarfraz on the other hand

Perhaps he knows that his selection as the sole keeper for this series was completely unjustified. That would naturally be playing on his mind.

Just goes to show that Adnan should never have been dropped. Poor selection.

Rahat Ali to Philander, FOUR, Dropped, oh dear that was embarrassing! Philander went for the big drive, outside edge flies off the toe of the bat, it goes between keeper and slip, Sarfraz flung himself to his right and Hafeez at first slip hardly moved, he was expecting Sarfraz to pouch it, Hafeez could have done better you would feel...confusion, confusion

Rahat Ali to Philander, FOUR, Dropped, oh dear that was embarrassing! Philander went for the big drive, outside edge flies off the toe of the bat, it goes between keeper and slip, Sarfraz flung himself to his right and Hafeez at first slip hardly moved, he was expecting Sarfraz to pouch it, Hafeez could have done better you would feel...confusion, confusion

ask
rashid lateef, moin khan, basit ali,

Perhaps he knows that his selection as the sole keeper for this series was completely unjustified. That would naturally be playing on his mind.

Just goes to show that Adnan should never have been dropped. Poor selection.

adnan should be dropped for rizwan

adnan is too ordinary(both keeping and batting) and also adnan has dropped dollies and missed simple stumps

relying on adnan will be like kamran, ut will be a joke and our reliance on mediocrity, are you preparing for years of mediocrity at stumps? i dont think so

Back