[VIDEO] Sarfaraz Ahmed - Support Thread

M Rizwan is the only one hasn't been given a chance yet. Maybe he's the saving grace?

But anyhow, Umar Akmal is the perfect choice.

Umar Akmal is best choice but Rizwan and Jamal Anwar should be tried
Jamal i feel is better cause his game is suited for number 6 or 7 or Bring Back :zoni

Last edited:
We shall see in the upcoming series :)

+ I thought you don't rate Morkel and he is a 'cannon' and he lets off the pressure. Why bring him in now?

+ he only scored 11 runs off Steyn

and 8 runs off Morkel :)

+ Wahab scored 8 runs off 3 balls vs Steyn.. so your point is?

Morkel is inconsistent with his line and length but he is a very good ODI bowler. His main issue is his inability to concentrate for long periods of time and hence he struggles in Test cricket. In ODIs, in short spells, he is very effective.

19 out of 39 which is almost 50% of Steyn and Morkel. How is that a dig? :))

My point is that Shahzaib was dropped very prematurely who has shown far more in 3 games than this fake Kohli wannabe.

How do you drop a player with an average of 34 and strike rate touching 90? and after 3 games only?!

Before you bring Shehzad's 2 hundreds, his average and strike rate are both pathetic and he has 26 matches now.

Which isn't a small sample.

Shahzaib has played some reckless knocks in T20s but that has got nothing to do with ODIs. Players should be judged according to their performances in each format.

Similarly, it would be very unfair if Shehzad is dropped from T20s because of his ODI failures.

Shahzaib never got those 3 ODIs on consistent basis. He played his 1st and dropped. Played his 2nd and dropped. Got the oppurtunity after 9 ODIs in the decider of the series chasing a target over 300 and it was the 1st time Pakistan openers had a 50 partnership stand in the whole series.

Just to add that Morne Morkel was the leading wicket taker in that series. He bowled pretty well through out the series :)

Last edited:
Why do people even support him? One of the most ridiculous threads ever

Saeed Ajmal to Taylor, no run, Taylor got into position to reverse sweep but Ajmal pitched it down the leg side, but it won't be a wide as he changed his stance

why didn't he stump him?his foot was in the air,

Saeed Ajmal to Taylor, no run, Taylor got into position to reverse sweep but Ajmal pitched it down the leg side, but it won't be a wide as he changed his stance

why didn't he stump him?his foot was in the air,

no it was down wen he collected the ball

if umar akmal cant keep, and if Rizwan cant find a place in the top order then they should select jamal anwar as the late order slogger.

no he had great time to stump him when he imbalanced.

NO he didnt dont make ur own drama
lol at great time , if he would have so much time commentators would have said it
you r making urself look like fool by posting such stuff

Sarfraz is one of best keeper in Pakistan , but sadly he doesnt have batting to fit in team - for ZIM tour he was only chosen as keeper he has done pretty excellent job

NO he didnt dont make ur own drama
lol at great time , if he would have so much time commentators would have said it
you r making urself look like fool by posting such stuff

it was.. look I'll upload it for you to see.

i saw it twice ,it was up first wen he collected it and wen he went to stump him his foot was down by tht time

hmm but he imbalanced after Sarfraz had collected the ball? may be you are right..I've got it wrong.. would like to see it again in highlights so I'll reserve my judgment for now..

hmm but he imbalanced after Sarfraz had collected the ball? may be you are right..I've got it wrong.. would like to see it again in highlights so I'll reserve my judgment for now..

Do u think Great Kamran akmal would have stumped if he was keeping ??

I thought he did rather decently.
But it doesn't change the fact that he can't bat.

Lol his keeping was horrible today to, how many catches did he drop? i believe this game today could be compared to Kamran's sydney test if not worse.

like these..
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PmGyvydXqcc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great video, its my favourite , I love how you have posted this same video 6 to 7 times in various threads. Its gives me a chance to watch it again, good job.

Remember Kamran Akmal's catch off Virat which could've changed the match as if Kohli stayed there, India would've won the match most likely

Remember Kamran Akmal's catch off Virat which could've changed the match as if Kohli stayed there, India would've won the match most likely

ok remember him dropping ross taylor twice in WC2011 which could hav changed the match had taylor been out that time

he has dropped more then what he has actually caught and he has missed simple chances which used to go straight into his gloves didnt require to dive also

Sarfraz is one of best keeper in Pakistan , but sadly he doesnt have batting to fit in team - for ZIM tour he was only chosen as keeper he has done pretty excellent job

Nowadays, a WK should know how to bat. Every team has a WK who can bat. The WK is expected to score AT LEAST 20 runs per match. And it's not like Sarfraz is like Gilchrist behind the stumps either. I don't think he warrants a place in the side. :sahmed

Nowadays, a WK should know how to bat. Every team has a WK who can bat. The WK is expected to score AT LEAST 20 runs per match. And it's not like Sarfraz is like Gilchrist behind the stumps either. I don't think he warrants a place in the side. :sahmed

yeah i said it his batting isnt upto mark to get in team - so umar akmal is best choice unless jamal/zoni/rizwan can do better
but kami isnt a solution he has already got so many chances

i saw it twice ,it was up first wen he collected it and wen he went to stump him his foot was down by tht time

very close..very very poor from him not to dislodge the bails.

caughtornot23eedd.gif

here's one more fumble from the 2nd ODI..
caughtornot2.gif

a catch drop off Irfan in the 2nd ODI..
caughtornot23eeddd.gif

here's one more fumble from the 2nd ODI..
caughtornot2.gif

a catch drop off Irfan in the 2nd ODI..
caughtornot23eeddd.gif

that afridi one didnt hit the bat , u better start watching Live match on BIG tv's rather then on ur small screen online streaming . cause u have defect in your eyes, he didnt drop a catch their so it aint a promblem , ur master kami fumbles 10 times in an 50 over game

irfan one was too wide , he streched full , not like kami who cant dive , if it was drop commentator or even cricinfo would have mentioned it

if kami fumbles or drops a catch you say its ok every keeper does , if sarfraz or any other new keeper does you shout he is useless this and that
it shows clearly you are biased , discriminate, you r such person who can go on to such low level and pray pakistan loses a particular series just because your favourite is not in team :facepalm: really sad to see your mentality , i didnt know people like you exist on this forum

Last edited:
another missed chance from the first T20 by the best keeper in Pak:p
caughtornot23eedddddfffff.gif

that afridi one didnt hit the bat , u better start watching Live match on BIG tv's rather then on ur small screen online streaming . cause u have defect in your eyes, he didnt drop a catch their so it aint a promblem , ur master kami fumbles 10 times in an 50 over game

irfan one was too wide , he streched full , not like kami who cant dive , if it was drop commentator or even cricinfo would have mentioned it

if kami fumbles or drops a catch you say its ok every keeper does , if sarfraz or any other new keeper does you shout he is useless this and that
it shows clearly you are biased , discriminate, you r such person who can go on to such low level and pray pakistan loses a particular series just because your favourite is not in team :facepalm: really sad to see your mentality , i didnt know people like you exist on this forum

I didn't say the Afridi one was dropped so stop making up like you do best..I said it was a fumble and a close one..the way Taylor imbalanced any good keeper would have collected the ball and dislodge the bails quickly but Sarfraz couldn't even gather the ball...and Irfan one wasn't that wide for a good wk..it should have been taken..after all he's supposed to be the best wk in Pakistan so he shouldn't miss chances like these if he really is..Kami was dropped because he fumbles and drops wasn't he?Sarfraz has to outdo him in keeping at least..

Last edited:
I didn't say the Afridi one was dropped so stop making up like you do best..I said it was a fumble and a close one..the way Taylor imbalanced any good keeper would have collected the ball and dislodge the bails quickly but Sarfraz couldn't even gather the ball...and Irfan one wasn't that wide for a good wk..it should have been taken..after all he's supposed to be the best wk in Pakistan so he shouldn't miss chances like these if he really is.

yawn :37: keep shouting Kami's puppy

Well I think Sarfaraz wicket-keeping skills are good.. And his batting is good in domestic but dont know what happens to him in the international arena... I would want Mohammad Rizwan to be tried for some matches as well... If Sarfaraz continue to fail in batting then Mohammad Rizwan should be tested in place of him...

He is a crap batsman and having two number 11s in the team :sahmed :irfan is just not good enough for the modern game

Its a sad day for international cricket when players like sarfaraz are being persisted with.

He has been given ample time and opportunities to prove himself. Worst thing is he looks like a number 11 batsman every single time. Umar Akmal is our best option atm.

yeah i said it his batting isnt upto mark to get in team - so umar akmal is best choice unless jamal/zoni/rizwan can do better
but kami isnt a solution he has already got so many chances

Earlier, you stated the following:

for ZIM tour he was only chosen as keeper he has done pretty excellent job

So, what I meant to say was that nowadays, a WK is not chosen as a WK only. He is expected to score some runs too. :)

for ZIM tour he was only chosen as keeper he has done pretty excellent job
:))) Our standards must have gone down if that's job well done..:)))

So, what I meant to say was that nowadays, a WK is not chosen as a WK only. He is expected to score some runs too. :)

yeah he was only chosen as keeper , cause your first 2 choices umar and rizu were not availibe , so just for keeping duties he was called in , not for batting , his best chance comes in Test side were his bating suits his game that is why he avg 41 in First class,
and nothing in list a and T20
and selectors thought in T20 he wont be needed to bat and also in ODI he will bat at 7 were it is unlikely that he will get chance , so he was just chosen for wicketkeeping
and yes im again saying u are right nowadays you need keeper who can bat and sarfraz doesnt fit in ODI t20 teams of pakistan , he can improve and get in test side .

@Asif321, you should be ashamed, how can you justify Safraz's keeping in the last game? He almost lost us the game with his shoddy keeping.

forget batting, even his keeping is not better than Kamran Akmal.

@Asif321, you should be ashamed, how can you justify Safraz's keeping in the last game? He almost lost us the game with his shoddy keeping.

Can u explain how he lost the game with his keeping?
Pathetic comment. .

Last edited by a moderator:
Can u explain how he lost the game with his keeping?
Pathetic comment. .QUOTE]

Read MSRN's psot, he fumbled many times and missed Taylor's stumping. Those extra runs and Taylor could have taken the game away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best gloveman I have seen is definitely M.Salman but he's a poor batsman.

Overall best package is Adnan Akmal & I hope Rizwan will be an answer to our problem

yeah he was only chosen as keeper , cause your first 2 choices umar and rizu were not availibe , so just for keeping duties he was called in , not for batting , his best chance comes in Test side were his bating suits his game that is why he avg 41 in First class,
and nothing in list a and T20
and selectors thought in T20 he wont be needed to bat and also in ODI he will bat at 7 were it is unlikely that he will get chance , so he was just chosen for wicketkeeping
and yes im again saying u are right nowadays you need keeper who can bat and sarfraz doesnt fit in ODI t20 teams of pakistan , he can improve and get in test side .

Sarfraz's keeping is also horrible. Can't afford to have him in any format, let alone tests.

Adnan Akmal
Kamran Akmal
Umar Akmal
Mohammad Rizwan
Jamal Anwar

All better options. Sarfraz Ahmed is one of the most boring players I have ever witnessed, and I've seen Misbah play. At least Misbah gets you wins and has the occasional blitz. This guy is dull as anything so far.

Keep giving a youngster a chance and eventually he will perform.

I am glad Sarfraz is showing some of arm-chair selectors ... that he had talent ...but only needed some "on the job training" and a little bit of confidence!

Humble pie anyone???

Keep giving a youngster a chance and eventually he will perform.

I am glad Sarfraz is showing some of arm-chair selectors ... that he had talent ...but only needed some "on the job training" and a little bit of confidence!

Humble pie anyone???

Yes humble pie for scoring 22 runs.

Your waistline must have increased by around 10 inches considering the number of pies Malik has served you in the last few series he has played for Pakistan.

Crossed the 20 mark quite a few times against India and South Africa.

I dont like this guy but i am not a blind hater(like MSRN or Mamoon) so i say give him credit for today. 22 of 13 at the death is fine little knock and now if he keeps well than retain him for the next series.

I dont like this guy but i am not a blind hater(like MSRN or Mamoon) so i say give him credit for today. 22 of 13 at the death is fine little knock and now if he keeps well than retain him for the next series.

I am not a blind hater.

22 runs against a club level attack shall not change my opinion.

It is so disheartening to see that Hafeez Misbah and Afridi instead of giving chance to play younger batsmen more overs are not only playing the game but also playing at the top order. Sarfaraz, Umer Amin, Sohaib Maqsood should have been given chance in top order against Zimbabwe to prove their mettle and gain confidence instead these seniors are trying to better their averages

I am not a blind hater.

22 runs against a club level attack shall not change my opinion.

I know i still dont think he has got it but i like to give credit where its due. he came in the end with 4 overs left and made 22 with sr of 169,that is quite good. However i would still replace him with Adnan Akmal for next ODI, If Adnan got to face 13 balls, he would have scored at least a 40, no doubt.

Did well today. Tanvir Ahmed is still a better batsman.

It is so disheartening to see that Hafeez Misbah and Afridi instead of giving chance to play younger batsmen more overs are not only playing the game but also playing at the top order. Sarfaraz, Umer Amin, Sohaib Maqsood should have been given chance in top order against Zimbabwe to prove their mettle and gain confidence instead these seniors are trying to better their averages

The series is at stake what do you expect from them?

I know i still dont think he has got it but i like to give credit where its due. he came in the end with 4 overs left and made 22 with sr of 169,that is quite good. However i would still replace him with Adnan Akmal for next ODI, If Adnan got to face 13 balls, he would have scored at least a 40, no doubt.

I have given credit already. See my post above W63 :kapil

Adnan Akmal averaged 50+ vs Zimbabwe in their ODI series at a good SR. He was dropped 1 or 2 games later.

good knock today even though he got two chances..proved he's a better legside hack than Khalid Latif..but still he'd have hit those pies served out of the ground.

Last edited:
Adnan Akmal averaged 50+ vs Zimbabwe in their ODI series at a good SR. He was dropped 1 or 2 games later.

Stop misguiding people with Adnan's average of 50.

He got to bat in 2 games only and his scores were 27 and 24*.

Adnan is a very mediocre batsman, only marginally better than Sarfraz and he can't average 50 legitimately even against a ladies cricket team.

He's a far better keeper and a more gutsier batsman and that is why he is my first choice in Tests way ahead of Sarfraz. For ODIs, both are miserable options.

Stop misguiding people with Adnan's average of 50.

He got to bat in 2 games only and his scores were 27 and 24*.

Adnan is a very mediocre batsman, only marginally better than Sarfraz and he can't average 50 legitimately even against a ladies cricket team.

He's a far better keeper and a more gutsier batsman and that is why he is my first choice in Tests way ahead of Sarfraz. For ODIs, both are miserable options.

now you are going too far..remember his 50s against England and Sri Lanka with a broken hand?

In a way this is a nice little farewell to Safraz's international career, now hopefully the rightful kings of the keeping throne will be back :adnan :kami :umerakmal

Hope Safraz drops a lot of catches today so the path is cleared for a Kami or Adnan comeback, I am sure BD/MSRN are hoping for the same but i am the only one brave enough to admit it :afridi

now you are going too far..remember his 50s against England and Sri Lanka with a broken hand?

Sarfraz will get a few fifties in UAE here and there as well.

After all, he averages 42 in FC compared to Adnan who averages 26.

But like I said, Adnan is much gutsier but a mediocre batsman nonetheless.

Back