[VIDEO] Sarfaraz Ahmed - Support Thread

he cant bat lower down the order
he has just one shot in his armoury a hack over midwicket which hardly reachea boundary if connected well

all of his shots are so powerless that hardly cross inner circle

In a way this is a nice little farewell to Safraz's international career, now hopefully the rightful kings of the keeping throne will be back :adnan :kami :umerakmal

Hope Safraz drops a lot of catches today so the path is cleared for a Kami or Adnan comeback, I am sure BD/MSRN are hoping for the same but i am the only one brave enough to admit it :afridi

What the hell? you guys want your own team's player to fail? pathetic

In a way this is a nice little farewell to Safraz's international career, now hopefully the rightful kings of the keeping throne will be back :adnan :kami :umerakmal

Hope Safraz drops a lot of catches today so the path is cleared for a Kami or Adnan comeback, I am sure BD/MSRN are hoping for the same but i am the only one brave enough to admit it :afridi

no I wish he takes 10 of those and sets a world record but I won't be surprised if he dropped couple of..:asif

Sarfraz wont be dropped once Moin khan becomes the chief selector from being a manager.....

Hes been spot on with the gloves today and pretty descent with the bat in last overs. Just played two innings here, Think he needs a proper and fair chance and that in asian conditions, Hes been mostly tested in Test matches in which I think he'd do good but was under harsh circumstances like debut against Australian Pace attack of 2010 and that too in England while then now this year in south africa where most of the guys failed even Nasir, hafeez.etc failed to score runs. Give him five consecutive innings against south africa in UAE, i think he'll score some runs. Rizwan's List A strike rate can be questioned, If you guys think Sarfraz can't hit the ball I doubt Rizwan or Adnan can do that, About Kamran Akmal less the said the better it is.

Did well today. Tanvir Ahmed is still a better batsman.
I have not seen any lower order batsman from Pakistan better than Tanvir Ahmed ever. Absolutely Legend as a Lower Order Batsman. :tanvir

Last edited:
Does Sarfaraz ahmad deserves another chance now?

So tour over for Sarfaraz..he kept decently enough..very clean..
some swift stumpings and run outs..
played 2 innings...one time giving run out when he was not out and today out to a blinder catch by taylor.

overall a decent tour..

so million dollor question...does he deserves another chance?

Stop misguiding people with Adnan's average of 50.

He got to bat in 2 games only and his scores were 27 and 24*.

Adnan is a very mediocre batsman, only marginally better than Sarfraz and he can't average 50 legitimately even against a ladies cricket team.

He's a far better keeper and a more gutsier batsman and that is why he is my first choice in Tests way ahead of Sarfraz. For ODIs, both are miserable options.

Misguiding? I posted facts and stats. I never changed those stats.

So tour over for Sarfaraz..he kept decently enough..very clean..
some swift stumpings and run outs..
played 2 innings...one time giving run out when he was not out and today out to a blinder catch by taylor.

overall a decent tour..

so million dollor question...does he deserves another chance?

For me if not in Starting XI as Junior will return but should be 1st choice back up

For me if not in Starting XI as Junior will return but should be 1st choice back up

No rizwan deserves it first ....... if he flops then we go with saifi , although rizwan is better for test wont b valuable at 6 or 7 in ODI. so i think he will be suited for test cricket , adnan akmal position is in danger if he doesnt do very well , cause msibah is backing for rizwan
by the way rizwan isnt that good of keeper - a jos butler type as said by rashid latif
he isnt that good of keeper but good bat , latif was asking for jamal anwar and gulraiz to be tried

I dont like having a different keeper for each format but i think thats the only option

Tests - Rizwan

ODIS - Jamal Anwar

T20s- Umar Akmal ( I would keep Jamal in the squad)

For the next series v SA
Tests-Adnan Akmal
ODIs-Rizwan
T20s- Umar Akmal

Thank God Adnan Akmal hasnt been discarded after the Zimbabwe series for this anari

Spineless cricketer

Going to get hate for this, but I'd rather have Kamran Akmal, to be honest.
He has been in good keeping form recently, and we can drop Shehzad, and have him open(in ODIs) if need be.

Going to get hate for this, but I'd rather have Kamran Akmal, to be honest.
He has been in good keeping form recently, and we can drop Shehzad, and have him open(in ODIs) if need be.

I completely agree with you. His keeping was the issue in the past and he has worked hard to improve his glove work. In terms of batting, he is the most capable batsman from the lot.

Has 6 ODI centuries (highest for any Pakistani keeper in our history)

I havent seen Rizwan so I cant comment on him but those who think pansies like Sarfaraz are better than this guy need a reality check. There is a massive difference between piling runs for Karachi Dolphins and doing the same at international level against quality bowlers.

Last edited:
The last two posters above me defy logic. They are delusional as can be seen from their previous posts. They want a recall if the akmals . Akmals are worse than goal keepers who can't bat. We seem massive blunders , dropping sitters on a regular basis. Sone people have very short memories.

^ I agree. Akmal lovers make me LAUGH. I actually feel sorry for such losers who praise the Akmal's like they are the next Bradman or Viv Richards. The sooner we get rid of this CANCER called Akmal brothers away from the team, the better for Pakistan Cricket. These brothers are a disgrace not only to Pakistan Cricket, but world cricket.

Yes claiming Akmal as he is the greatest wicket keeper of all times :)) they need to watch some footage of Sydney Test and WC game vs Newzealand :akhtar

The last two posters above me defy logic. They are delusional as can be seen from their previous posts. They want a recall if the akmals . Akmals are worse than goal keepers who can't bat. We seem massive blunders , dropping sitters on a regular basis. Sone people have very short memories.

Cant bat? lol. Did you miss the part where I said that Kami has the highest number of centuries from all the wicketkeepers in Pakistan cricket history?

With regards to his massive blunders and dropping sitters in the past, tell me is it impossible for someone to improve their keeping? What major mistakes did he make after he returned to play against India and in the CT?

Do you have any answers?

I wouldnt expect this from someone who thinks Dav Whatmore is world class and Sarfaraz should be in the team.lol

missed two chances today. Missed a stumping and then dropped Jaya.

^ Stumping; he was hit on the head FFS :facepalm:

Catch should have been taken I guess but I've heard it was a tough one. Still as a wk you need to take all your catches.

If he's going to drop dollies then I don't see the point of him. Kamran could bat better on these roads.

So any mistake this thread will get bumped? Man give him a break and kamran is pathetic both with bat and ball. Hopefully his chapter is ended.

and that was anything but a dolly. A very low catch that should have been taken but was very hard.

If he's going to drop dollies then I don't see the point of him. Kamran could bat better on these roads.

:))

They were not dollies by any means.
And Kamran would be dropping more catches.

How was that a dolly? Died at the end and way to his left. The stumping was near impossible the way the ball took off, he was lucky he got away with a blow to the ear and not the eye or nose. I can imagine some people taking pleasure in his misfortune just for the sake of promoting Kamran's return. Absolutely disgusting that you twist facts just to belittle an up and coming player.

So this was a dolly? I think you need to go back to the Sydney test 2010 and learn the translation of what a dolly means.

So this was a dolly? I think you need to go back to the Sydney test 2010 and learn the translation of what a dolly means.

+1 and i think we all know his off field activities. The are some disgusting fan boys here.

Cant bat? lol. Did you miss the part where I said that Kami has the highest number of centuries from all the wicketkeepers in Pakistan cricket history?

With regards to his massive blunders and dropping sitters in the past, tell me is it impossible for someone to improve their keeping? What major mistakes did he make after he returned to play against India and in the CT?

Do you have any answers?

I wouldnt expect this from someone who thinks Dav Whatmore is world class and Sarfaraz should be in the team.lol

Kamran Akmal is a disgrace to Pakistan and World Cricket.

Is he the only wicket keeper in the World who scores centuries?

No!

Is he the only wicket keeper in the world who drops catches left right center?

Yes!

What is Kamran Akmal known for? Is it the century he hit vs India in 2005/06, basically 10 years ago. Or his constant dropped catches and fragile mentality??

If you believe in the former then I guess you are clearly living in 2005/06. You need to wake up and smell the coffee. We are living in 2014.

Ek test match kia bacha lia India kay khilaaf 10 saal ka azaab agaya Pakistan pay.

Shoaib Malik and Kamran akmal are single handedly responsible for our elimination from 3 major tournaments.

World cup t20 2012,14. CT 2013.

Oh not to forget your beloved Kamran akmals dropped chances and pathetic batting displays in the cricket world cup 2011. Do I need to remind to Ross Taylor? Sangas stumping? Tendulkars dropped catch in the semi final and many more!

Kamran's shady activities are enough to keep him out forever. Enough discussion about this garbage cricketer already so lets not waste more of our time on this sorry cricketer Kamran Akmal.

His teenage fans and shagirds have literally nothing else to do then coming up with the decade old excuses.

Last edited:
Kamran's shady activities are enough to keep him out forever.

aray banda insult hai to Pakistan. Saalay ka passport cancel kardaina chahiye.

The world laughs at Kamran akmal.

Simon duol called him ridiculous after he dropped 2 chances in a row.

The guy can't watch with gloves in his hand.

Give him 3 chances as an opener he said, what an insult he turned out to be for Paksitan in the world cup 2014.

Martin Crowe wrote in his match report 'kamran akmal was seen playing for Pakistan but no one knows why' looool. And those insults are just a few. Pakistan cricket has gone through a turbulent time because of this guy. Kick him out and we start winning matches.

I dont know why Zulqarnain had to run away to UK because his life was under threat. I think Kamran should've been deported instead of Zulqarnain. We could've won a couple of trophies by now.

aray banda insult hai to Pakistan. Saalay ka passport cancel kardaina chahiye.

The world laughs at Kamran akmal.

Simon duol called him ridiculous after he dropped 2 chances in a row.

The guy can't watch with gloves in his hand.

Give him 3 chances as an opener he said, what an insult he turned out to be for Paksitan in the world cup 2014.

Martin Crowe wrote in his match report 'kamran akmal was seen playing for Pakistan but no one knows why' looool. And those insults are just a few. Pakistan cricket has gone through a turbulent time because of this guy. Kick him out and we start winning matches.

but but he is still the best WK Batsman we have according to Akmal fan boys and probably the best opener in LOI's for 2015 & 2016 WC.

He can hit chokka chakka and he is only out of the team because of evil coward defensive Misbah. :inti

Last edited:
I think adnan is a better keeper and that is why he should be in the team. Otherwise we might very well have kamran back. If your wicket keeper can take half chances and make good stumpings, it doesnt matter how good a batsman he is. We lose more matches because oif terrible fielding than poor batting and bowling.

I think adnan is a better keeper and that is why he should be in the team. Otherwise we might very well have kamran back. If your wicket keeper can take half chances and make good stumpings, it doesnt matter how good a batsman he is. We lose more matches because oif terrible fielding than poor batting and bowling.

Adnan had his moments. A lot of them where he dropped catches and that was not an easy stumping. the likes of healy would have struggled to make it and that catch was a hard one. sarfraz deserves his chance and should be persisted with now.

Another chance missed but it's okay because he mighr score a fifty with the bat.

I did not watch Tharanga's chance but Thirimanne's let down was not defendable. Thank God it did not cost much.

Improvement needed.

in tests u need keeper who takes catches and never ever miss them... to me adnan and zulqarnain haider were the better of all the lot... havent seen how rizwan keeps... but surely sarfraz not good.. jus now he watches a ball going to the first slip which was actually the keeper's catch and the great fielder manzoor drops at first slip didtn carried to him still..though junaid takes him the wicket the very next over... but these catches should be taken 10 out 10 times if u r a keeper....Keeper missing catches is unforgivable... Gilchrist dropped one and retired from all cricket.. no excuse for dropping catches by a keeper...And i simply dont understand why Misbah is not fielding in the slips and let mansoor who is not even a regular in the playing 11 (why u put him there) not a good captaincy.... Misbah wrongly understood that a captain shud always stand in the mid on or off... all great test captains now and before continued standing in the slips (eg: allan border, mark taylor, ricky ponting, dravid, mahela, lara, inzi, azharuddin, clarke, cook, strauss, fleming) so many they all continue to field in slip cordon even after captaincy...

24 after 21 testmatches ! Sarfraz 25 after 7 test matches ! Need to check ur stats first

u got to take either a keeper or a batsman... pakistan doesnt have a keeper batsman except umar akmal who is a occasional wicketkeeper...I would rather go for a keeper in adnan or zulqarnain was good with bat for his 88 that too in england swinging wickets and he is a good keeper as well... but he lost his reputation as a player, got to regain that..

Sarfraz is a keeper first than a batsman ! He told his in his interview given in a local news channels ! So, we need to hold our horses just like we did for adnan and let sarfraz perform !

he cant bat lower down the order
he has just one shot in his armoury a hack over midwicket which hardly reachea boundary if connected well

all of his shots are so powerless that hardly cross inner circle

forget batting, even his keeping is not better than Kamran Akmal.

He has been given ample time and opportunities to prove himself. Worst thing is he looks like a number 11 batsman every single time. Umar Akmal is our best option atm.

Its a sad day for international cricket when players like sarfaraz are being persisted with.

Keep giving a youngster a chance and eventually he will perform.

I am glad Sarfraz is showing some of arm-chair selectors ... that he had talent ...but only needed some "on the job training" and a little bit of confidence!

Humble pie anyone???

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/s...az-Ahmed-Support-Thread&p=5502560#post5502560

I am glad, I have been a huge suporter of Sarfraz from the day one ... ever since he won us U19 WC. You have to have an eye :IK to recognize talent.

This guy is a million times better than Kamran would ever be.

Mr Ian Chappell thought Kamran Akmal was the next Gilchrist after 2006. And since then Kamran has been cashing on his 2 years of hard work and mafia connections for more than 8 years.

Sarafaraz has been in and out of the side from 2008, but he has been a slow riser and coming off age as he is maturing.

Unlike kamran he is clean, and does not rely on political connections to make his place in the team. The guy is performing purely on merit and has shown the fighting spirit that is needed for someone playing down the order,

Has been performing regularly unlike kamran tukka akmal who did anything but perform when the team wanted him the most. Was a complete invertebrate with zero mental strength. His face showed the story of a man who looked out of sorts, completely out of his depth, looked very insecure while batting. Also completely tactically unaware. If there is a fielder at extra cover he will hit the ball exactly there.

Practically like a little child who is about to wet his pants when the going got tough on him.

Kami your time is up. Good riddance!

Last edited:
so happy for Sarfraz finally coming of age. The guy got ridiculous amount of hate from the Akmal-family but he has finally broken through and have proved his mettle. His batting was never a concern for me, the guy has 7 FC centuries and a double century against his name, something Adnan can only dream off.

He is quick learner and with Moin at the helm of affairs, I'm sure his keeping will only improve !

Sarfaraz needs to score a 100-150 here. If he does that he will definitely end any chances of a comeback for any other keeper and will definitely be remembered for this heroic knock.

What happened to [MENTION=4795]amjid[/MENTION]Javed and Mamnoon both are active posters but seem to have completely disappeared from this thread.

Don't you have the guts to admit you were wrong?

What happened to [MENTION=4795]amjid[/MENTION]Javed and Mamnoon both are active posters but seem to have completely disappeared from this thread.

Don't you have the guts to admit you were wrong?

Mamoon already joined his fan club.

Mamoon already joined his fan club.
Really? Have not seen a post from him recently, I think he is in shell shock and will require him some time to recover after his so many comments against Sarfraz. Hopefully Fawad will prove him wrong in this series as well.

Last edited:
Not the type to play the ethnicity card, but noticed a lot of Sarfraz haters come from a particular province and do bash him needlessly. If Sarfraz drops catches then what do Adnan and Kamran do. As for their batting, Kamran is a has been and Adnan is a never was and never will be.

He has gotten out because he had to change the way he was playing and had to be defensive and protect the tail.

he has potential and he has shown it to everyone , should let him play his natural game blocking for long is not his way , he will easily be dismissed if he starts doing that like he got out today

Ideally the debate of Akmals vs Sarfraz atleast for Test cricket should be put in a box and just throw it into a deep sea :tuq

Back