“Mohammad Rizwan is better than me": Sarfaraz Ahmed

during his peak time, surely he was.

On topic: If the trophies are to be considered only then Sarfaraz is on the top.
Even then, Pakistan’s best keeper batsman for me is Kamran Akmal.

I can only go by what people say about Moin Khan so I l can’t argue whether he was the best or not. I’ve seen Kamran/Sarfaraz/Rizwan

Kamran Akmal any day as a player over these two

Sarfaraz Ahmed any day as leader+Test batsman over these two

Rizwan any day as a Sheer Keeper over these two

That’s a God honest assessment

I asked this question in Savak’s thread…

Till date, name me a better T20 middle order player for Pakistan who has shown the ability to play like middle order batters from SENA in T20 cricket?

Hafeez in his twilight yes..he was good. But 90% of his career he was decent, nothing special. UA was always that player, no Pakistani has shown that ability
But his numbers suggest he was too inconsistent. There's no denying his ability but he had mental capacity of a 8 yr old

But his numbers suggest he was too inconsistent. There's no denying his ability but he had mental capacity of a 8 yr old
How could you have a mental capacity of an 8 year old and then smash 90 off 40 balls against Australia in a World Cup game? He wasn’t a great guy but there is NO DENYING his God gifted ability

Umar Akmal isn't great by any means.

But what does consistency have to do with anything? This is t20? Infact the biggest problem I'd babar and rizwan being consistent 😆.

Their so insufferable to watch in PP. How many games do you need? You guys just wait for 50 failures, then one game cones along, and you guys do bharangra and will shove it on us for the next 5 years.

By this logic bring asif Ali back because he won us 2 wc games.

Such a silly logic from you guys. If you give someone 50+ games they'll probs perform in 1 or 2 games per year

Sarfaraz is a big hearted guy.

Rizwan might have better numbers but Sarfaraz has better game awareness which makes him the best captain Pakistan has ever had.

Sarfaraz is a big hearted guy.

Rizwan might have better numbers but Sarfaraz has better game awareness which makes him the best captain Pakistan has ever had.
Delusion

1) Misbah is the nicest guy in cricket history
2) Babar sher is the most kindhearted man on the planet.
3) Rizwan is the most wholesome cricketer to ever exist.

Reality

1) Fakhar zaman is the nicest and moat shariff guy in our dugout.
2) Sarfraz is the most wholesome captain off the field but on the field he's a bit aggressive.
3) Younis Khan was our moat aggressive and batameez captain but also the best captain who could keep people's egos in check

Lol obviously rizwan is better than this 3rd grade crickter and rizwan himself is certainly not a world beater and but he is much better than sarfraz 3rd class cricketer.

Lol obviously rizwan is better than this 3rd grade crickter and rizwan himself is certainly not a world beater and but he is much better than sarfraz 3rd class cricketer.
Sarfraz isn't a 3rd class cricketer lol, he is better then rizwan at the position he would play himself in for the team. Rizzu can't function anywhere besides opening or no 3 in t20. Sarfraz Doesn't have that issue.

Sarfraz is done now due to being 37.

Prime is 2015 to 2017 golden days. Sarfi is much better, not as a batter but a better utility and a much better leader.

Stats will never reflect reality, but then again we have people over here advocating for Babar over sheryas, Travis head and warner lol.

No takers for Sarfaraz

Sarfaraz Ahmed comes in at US$ 20,000. Unsold in LPL auction 2024.

The only time I can truely say Saifi is wrong

I can only imagine how good we might have been if Sarfraz was treated with the same loyalty and respect Rizwan has received

Rizwan and Sarfaraz are Pakistan's two best ever keeper batsman.
Sarfaraz was very good against spin and because of that he has done pretty well in Asia as a test batsman, his keeping was also fine.
Rizwan is a better all conditions player but is not as good as Sarfaraz against spin and that's why hasn't created much impact in tests.

Just like Rizwan, Sarfaraz was also never a t20 batsman.

Also Sarfaraz was a good ODI batsman at his prime, he won matches for Pakistan and before Rizwan's entry I cant see a single Pakistani wk batsman who was better than him.

54 tests with an avg 0f 38 striking at 72 (4 centuries, 21 50s), along with being a wicketkeeper, what's 3rd class about this?
For Instance Dhoni's stats are 90 Tests at avg 38 str rate 59 (6 centuries, 33 50s).
Before Sarfaraz Pakistan never had any wk who had ability to change the match with the bat and also average above 30.

Sarfi is Pakistan's greatest wk batsmen ever. Cricket Is more then just useless stats that people throw on rizwan.

In 2014 he was the best performer in the Australian odi series, a huge achievement considering how strong Australia was at the time.

In 2015 he took the world by storm with 2 mom's and single handidely got a broken and weak Pakistan team into the quarterfinals, obviously the stop was going to be Australia as that team was too strong and went on to win and just bully India and NZ black and blue.

In 2016-2017 he ensured Pakistan got into the ct by 3 wins against WI and his brilliant captaincy was a breathe of fresh air finally giving Pakistan an icc victory and frankly speaking as things are going now, it'll probs be pakistan's last ever icc victory for a good long 20 years.

In 2018 he became the most succesful t20 captain for Pakistan in its history, even if one was to argue it was against b string, the b string Australia that Pakistan whitewashed would murder C team NZ and Ireland Black and blue and for sure ain't making 2 runs against Zimbabwe.

2019 featured wins against the tournament finalists but alas semi final spot was not to be.

He is the greatest test wk batsmen for Pakistan in its history, greatest statistical t20 captain in its history and 2nd greatest overall only behind YK in t20 and in odi he's the 2nd greatest captain only behind Imran Khan with an ICC trophy under his belt. Add to that the only captain who was won Under 19, psl and CT. So only pak captain with 2 icc trophies and 2 local league trophy.

Oh and don't forget the most succesful psl captain in terms of statistics as well

Sarfi is Pakistan's greatest wk batsmen ever. Cricket Is more then just useless stats that people throw on rizwan.

In 2014 he was the best performer in the Australian odi series, a huge achievement considering how strong Australia was at the time.

In 2015 he took the world by storm with 2 mom's and single handidely got a broken and weak Pakistan team into the quarterfinals, obviously the stop was going to be Australia as that team was too strong and went on to win and just bully India and NZ black and blue.

In 2016-2017 he ensured Pakistan got into the ct by 3 wins against WI and his brilliant captaincy was a breathe of fresh air finally giving Pakistan an icc victory and frankly speaking as things are going now, it'll probs be pakistan's last ever icc victory for a good long 20 years.

In 2018 he became the most succesful t20 captain for Pakistan in its history, even if one was to argue it was against b string, the b string Australia that Pakistan whitewashed would murder C team NZ and Ireland Black and blue and for sure ain't making 2 runs against Zimbabwe.

2019 featured wins against the tournament finalists but alas semi final spot was not to be.

He is the greatest test wk batsmen for Pakistan in its history, greatest statistical t20 captain in its history and 2nd greatest overall only behind YK in t20 and in odi he's the 2nd greatest captain only behind Imran Khan with an ICC trophy under his belt. Add to that the only captain who was won Under 19, psl and CT. So only pak captain with 2 icc trophies and 2 local league trophy.

Oh and don't forget the most succesful psl captain in terms of statistics as well
We did not deserve him. We deserve robots like Babar Azam. He's starting to sound like the lizard man at this point.

He was a Scholar and a Gentleman

We did not deserve him. We deserve robots like Babar Azam. He's starting to sound like the lizard man at this point.
Very rarely do you get a player who plays for the country.

Sarfraz was peak confident in 2014-2015 at opening, yet despite this he stepped down to allow others to flourish.

Their was no social media nonsense under him, no controversy with player fights or even any dosti yaari bias.

Even ego heads like hafeez stepped down to no 4 under him.

If sarfraz was around, Trust me by now Muhammad haris would have been groomed to have been the next captain. Haris would have been his main since sarfraz never wanted to hog anything. He is happy to captain for the stint that he could and get a successor.

All babar fans who are angry at him should ask the question, before sarfraz came along why was babar batting at 4-6. Who was the one who told the world that babar will bat at 3 in all formats over hafeez?

Yall should count your lucky stars Bobby is a no 3 because of sarfi

Very rarely do you get a player who plays for the country.

Sarfraz was peak confident in 2014-2015 at opening, yet despite this he stepped down to allow others to flourish.

Their was no social media nonsense under him, no controversy with player fights or even any dosti yaari bias.

Even ego heads like hafeez stepped down to no 4 under him.

If sarfraz was around, Trust me by now Muhammad haris would have been groomed to have been the next captain. Haris would have been his main since sarfraz never wanted to hog anything. He is happy to captain for the stint that he could and get a successor.

All babar fans who are angry at him should ask the question, before sarfraz came along why was babar batting at 4-6. Who was the one who told the world that babar will bat at 3 in all formats over hafeez?

Yall should count your lucky stars Bobby is a no 3 because of sarfi
Hafeez at No. 4 saved Hafeez's legacy. That was an absolute masterstroke. His innings in the CT final, for instance, was unbelievable.

Hafeez at No. 4 saved Hafeez's legacy. That was an absolute masterstroke. His innings in the CT final, for instance, was unbelievable.
Same Hafeez who was at the forefront snaking him in 2019 onwards after the regime change.

All of these guys are ungrateful

Yeah but he also snaked him later on. Hafeez is AlrightE but he isn't beyond himself either

What the hell has happened to Sarfaraz? he is giving a tough time to Azam and Sharjeel Khan lol

Bro he's 37 his career is understably over.

My issue isn't that his career is over. My issue is how crap PCB is.

Anywhere else this man would be a legend?

Captaincy wise, Sarfraz is literally the Eoin Morgan of Pakistan considering he took a unit that misbah ruined to the point that they could barely qualify for CT, to pretty much winning the damn thing deapite facing the 2 strongest sides in the semi's and Final?

Afterwards he led Pakistan to their most succesful ever t20 outing the following year. 2019 was an okay tournament, not the best but not the worst either and satisfaction on beating the 2 strongest sides of the tournament.

On what basis did they make him a waterboy and not give him a proper send off?

2021 t20 wc should have been his final send off.

Pakistan is such a trash side ong. Rn sarfi should have been a consultant or a chief selector altogether

Bro he's 37 his career is understably over.

My issue isn't that his career is over. My issue is how crap PCB is.

Anywhere else this man would be a legend?

Captaincy wise, Sarfraz is literally the Eoin Morgan of Pakistan considering he took a unit that misbah ruined to the point that they could barely qualify for CT, to pretty much winning the damn thing deapite facing the 2 strongest sides in the semi's and Final?

Afterwards he led Pakistan to their most succesful ever t20 outing the following year. 2019 was an okay tournament, not the best but not the worst either and satisfaction on beating the 2 strongest sides of the tournament.

On what basis did they make him a waterboy and not give him a proper send off?

2021 t20 wc should have been his final send off.

Pakistan is such a trash side ong. Rn sarfi should have been a consultant or a chief selector altogether
I know he is 37 but still he is available for Pakistan for the selection so need to keep himself in a good shape otherwise u better know our management they just want to pick 1 excuse on which they can reject his inclusion and u know we cant bear any further traumas from Mohammad Rizwan.

I know he is 37 but still he is available for Pakistan for the selection so need to keep himself in a good shape otherwise u better know our management they just want to pick 1 excuse on which they can reject his inclusion and u know we cant bear any further traumas from Mohammad Rizwan.
The management will pick rizwan even if Pakistan has an Adam gilchrist in the ranks. That's how our management has historically worked.

This is our management

1) Puts Fakhar at 4 for Rizwan, Even though the focus should have been to figure out how to make falhar zaman consistent due to his peak being higher then any Pakistani player's since saeed Anwar.

2) Drops Mukhtar Ahmed out of the blue, and keeps Ahmed Shehzad for 2 more years in t20 before dropping them and then brining them back one more time in 2020. Again what did Mukhtar Ahmed even do? He performed lol?

3) Zafar gohar was dropped after one game and it's criminal that someone like him might go to usa because shadab khan represents Pakistan.

4) Sarfraz as captained was removed for Babar Azam HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

5) Sohaib Maqsood after making his debut and scoring big against strong teams had a slight dip on form so rather then focusing on how to improve him, he got shoved to no 7 for asad shafiq.

6) Shabzada farhan got dropped for no reason, only 2 games that too at 5 and 7 lol.

7) Tayyab tahir got dropped for no reason, not even a single odi game.

8) Muhammad haris single handidely took Pakistan into semi's in 2022, After a dip in form rather then figuring out how to improve an impact player, they discard him forever.

The list is endless but I've made my point. All this nonsense has happened during Azhar, Misbah's or Babar's captaincy. It never happened during sarfi's captiancy.

However I will say Abid Ali's treatment was wrong from mickey during that era.

Salman Butt admitted that Sarfaraz Ahmed is a good player of spin as he tackles spinners well. Speaking in a video posted on his YouTube channel, he explained:

"I think Rizwan is a better choice there's no doubt about it. There's a big difference in his (and Sarfaraz's) keeping and batting. Yes, Sarfaraz Ahmed tackles spinners well and plays them well. But overall if you see, there's an age difference as well, so I think Rizwan is a far better choice."

Salman Butt admitted that Sarfaraz Ahmed is a good player of spin as he tackles spinners well. Speaking in a video posted on his YouTube channel, he explained:

"I think Rizwan is a better choice there's no doubt about it. There's a big difference in his (and Sarfaraz's) keeping and batting. Yes, Sarfaraz Ahmed tackles spinners well and plays them well. But overall if you see, there's an age difference as well, so I think Rizwan is a far better choice."
Sarfraz got a reality check in Australia where he couldn't spot balls over 140 clicks. Hence his reason to state that Rizwan is a better player than him.

If the team can. I do believe he deserves a farewell. Would've been good to see him sign off in the coming Karachi test in front of a home crowd. But alas, that will not happen because of no crowd.

Sarfaraz is still ruling the hearts of many cricket fans

Pakistan is the only country where actual heroes like fakhar and sarfraz are thrown into the abyss and clowns like rizwan and chacha and misbah are praised into oblivion, Despite the former actually getting results.

That's the issue with Pakistan, no patience and constantly looking for consistency over value and bloated averages but when has consistency aka h9gh averages of Misbah, Babar and Rizwan ever won you silverware?

That's all dealt with on the backs of Afridi in 2009, Fakhar in 2017, Inzi in 1992 aka players who weren't consistent but showed up.

I don't think people realise how much sarfi and Fakhar play for the crest on their chest and play at the position given to them without attacking anyone. You'll never see someone like sarfi backstab a player for captaincy or fakhar say something like Mein no 4 per kush nahi hoon.

It is dramatisation of turning criminals like Misbah, Rizwan, Babar, Chacha and shadab into heroes that have led Pakistan to fall into a rut

Rizwan is horrible against spin so why not give sarfaraz a chance atleast for the home series because sarfaraz record on asian track is quite good.

Rizwan is a leg-side player. His off-side shots are limited.

Sarfaraz is a better batter. He can play well on both off-side and leg-side.

First time I agree with Sarfraz

Yes Rizwan is miles ahead of you
No he'd not  Miles ahead of Sarfi.

Rizwan is superior to 37/38 year old sarfi I agree.

He's no where close to him as a test batsmen or an odi or t20 batsmen when sarfi was in his prime 2014-2017.

And Sarfraz's ct 2017 win is something that's superior to rizwan's entire career.

The 2 heroes, Sarfi and Fakhar who are primairly responsible for winning ct and giving pakistan silverware

Fakhar= Batting
Sarfi= Captaincy
Amir= Bowling

2 of these have been ruined by rizwan and by extension Misbah.

First time I agree with Sarfraz

Yes Rizwan is miles ahead of you
First time I agree with you

Yes Rizwan is miles ahead of Sarfraz. In fact on the completely opposite ends of the spectrum

One is a con man who has destroyed Pakistan cricket and turned it into his regional buddies XI. The other is a hero who gave us two pieces of silverware and was about to take Pakistan into a new age of glory

Yes Rizwan is miles ahead of Sarfraz. In fact on the completely opposite ends of the spectrum

One is a con man who has destroyed Pakistan cricket and turned it into his regional buddies XI. The other is a hero who gave us two pieces of silverware and was about to take Pakistan into a new age of glory
Rizwan and chacha are the useless players. Misbah did everything he could to make these 2 work and these 2 responded by sucking misbah off.

However after Misbah left and babar had full control, these 2 conmen just started to lick Bobby off. That's what these 2 clowns do to avoid being dropped.

Notice how Chacha and rizwan were the first people to respond on twitter defending Shan from being called a parchi. Jeez I wonder why?

That's what 2 clowns do, Just become captain's chamchei to remain in the team. Probably why rizwan didn't accept captaincy as well, He knows if attention is on him then it's bye bye, so better to keep sucking the new captains off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah I remember his glory getting whitewashed for first time in UAE

Also everyone is misinterpreting sarfraz's statement. He outright said he was superior to rizwan in his prime but rizwan currently is superior.

Again nothing wrong with that. And I fully agree. Sarfraz is 37/38. He's old now.

Sarfi should be given a role in whiteball so that he can take care of the upcoming youngsters from karachi.

Ik alot of people have issues with Karachi, but karachi and Lahore are the 2 biggest and most developed cities of Pakistan. It makes sense that the best talent comes from here aka

Sarfraz (Karachi)
Saeed Anwar (Karachi)
Mohammad Yousaf (Lahore)

So on and so forth. Again this isn't always the case as Inzi is from Multan, Both Fakhar and Younis are from Madran but just pointing out the best players typically come from Lahore and Karachi.

And theirs nothing wrong with that, The best aussie players typically come from Sydney and Melbourne lol

Yeah I remember his glory getting whitewashed for first time in UAE
Yes that was his first test series with a team that was in building post retirement of Younis Khan. Never the less he was able to beat Australia and draw with England

Rizwan on the other hand, ever since he came into the team these are our following results:
- Losing to England in England 1-0 (breaking our streak of drawing series their)
- Drawing a series vs the weakest West Indies team of all time
- Losing at home to Australia
- Getting whitewashed at home vs England
- Getting whitewashed in Australia

Lets also remember that the one series we drew at home (still shameful) was because Rizwan was thrown out of the team and replaced by Saifi - who I agree is well past his prime

Just goes to show that even a 45 year Sarfraz will always be 100 times the player Rizwan ever will be

Yes that was his first test series with a team that was in building post retirement of Younis Khan. Never the less he was able to beat Australia and draw with England

Rizwan on the other hand, ever since he came into the team these are our following results:
- Losing to England in England 1-0 (breaking our streak of drawing series their)
- Drawing a series vs the weakest West Indies team of all time
- Losing at home to Australia
- Getting whitewashed at home vs England
- Getting whitewashed in Australia

Lets also remember that the one series we drew at home (still shameful) was because Rizwan was thrown out of the team and replaced by Saifi - who I agree is well past his prime

Just goes to show that even a 45 year Sarfraz will always be 100 times the player Rizwan ever will be
Pure facts

Rizwan has done NOTHING to improve Pakistan cricket. In fact, Pakistan cricket has regressed massively with his inclusion

I don’t know. Peak Sarfraz was almost as good as Kamran Akmal. So he is being bit generous here with this comment.

Pure facts

Rizwan has done NOTHING to improve Pakistan cricket. In fact, Pakistan cricket has regressed massively with his inclusion

The loss of Zoni Ahmed was the real setback. He could have been a great.

Pure facts

This is the biggest problem with the community.

People like stat obsession and hence Misbah > Inzimam and Babar and Rizwan > Fakhar.

But ask yourself this

Ct 2017 was won on the back of Fakhar Zaman.

1992 world cup semi final was won on the back of Inzi and the bilaterals that Pakistan use to play against India was won on the back of Inzi.

2009 world cup was won on the back of Shahid Afridi who was a game changer at no 3.

Neither of these player are consistent and yet the only 3 silverware for the country come from these guys.

Now ask yourself how many Trophies have Babar, Rizwan, Chacha and Misbah won?

2007 was the courtesy of a stupid shot and a bottle job, would have been better if Pakistan lost by a margin of 50 runs, it would hurt less.

2011 was another another bottle job thanks to everyone's favourite hero.

Choosing Imran farhat and Unar Amin in ct 2013 because IF scored a century the previous series and was averaging 44 at the time led to the worst tournament possible foe the team.

Without sarfi in 2015 who was sidelined for 6 games, Pakistan would have had their most humilating wc campaign surpassing that of 2007 at that point.

2022 was probs the biggest bottle job of all followed by 2024.

Again how many cups have these 4 bozos who are claimed as match winners or Icc cricketers of the year actually won?

I don’t know. Peak Sarfraz was almost as good as Kamran Akmal. So he is being bit generous here with this comment.
Just letting you know Kamran Akmal was a better t20 opener then Rizwan even if stats don't suggest it.

They played in very very different t20 eras, one in which even gilchrist stats are worse then rizzu's lol.

In 2018 even a finished Kamran akmal was outperforming rizzu by miles in psl, It was just when he came onto open in international again he could no longer handle quality bowling and sadly would have been a liability in world cup, But he could still bully crap bowling at the age of 38-39 way way better then Rizwan could, it's a shame he didn't play the c string aussie series on a pindi road.

Rizwan against crapola bowling and given his favourite optimal positions can play a decent accumulative innings, I will 100% agree on that. But he can't bully the bowling

And against quality bowling, Rizwan is clueless, despite the fact that he's supposedly in his prime while Kamran was a burnt shell.

Again that's the issue with you guys, you assume consistency > Value. Misbah was the consistent batsmen for pakistan yet no sane individual(Key word sane) would ever even put him in top 25 batters of pakistan,

Because frankly put, YK, Yousaf, Inzi, Miandad, Saeed Anwar, fakhar zaman, Afridi, And even batters like sarfraz, sharjeel and Kamran are better and more useful assests to take with you in a world cup, which is why these assets actually get you wins in a cup or take you to semis and why misbah, Rizwan, chacha or Babar just never get you over the line.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just letting you know Kamran Akmal was a better t20 opener then Rizwan even if stats don't suggest it.

They played in very very different t20 eras, one in which even gilchrist stats are worse then rizzu's lol.

In 2018 even a burnt corpse Kamran akmal was outperforming rizzu by miles in psl, It was just when he came onto open in international again he could no longer handle quality bowling and sadly would have been a liability in world cup, But he could still bully crap bowling at the age of 38-39 way way better then Rizwan could, it's a shame he didn't play the c string aussie series on a pindi road.

Rizwan against crapola bowling and given his favourite optimal positions can play a decent accumulative innings, I will 100% agree on that. But he can't bully the bowling

And against quality bowling, Rizwan is clueless, despite the fact that he's supposedly in his prime while Kamran was a burnt shell.

Again that's the issue with you guys, you assume consistency > Value. Misbah was the consistent batsmen for pakistan yet no sane individual(Key word sane) would ever even put him in top 25 batters of pakistan,

Because frankly put, YK, Yousaf, Inzi, Miandad, Saeed Anwar, fakhar zaman, Afridi, And even batters like sarfraz, sharjeel and Kamran are better and more useful assests to take with you in a world cup, which is why these assets actually get you wins in a cup or take you to semis and why misbah, Rizwan, chacha or Babar just never get you over the line.

Kamran Akmal gets ostracised by the bacha party a lot perhaps due to some of his high profile drops or just ignorance, but in his peak form the man was another level and in T20’s I feel he is comfortably our best ever keeper bat and more importantly a former world champion in that format. I agree he’d have much better numbers if he faced the attacks Rizwan did but at a significantly better chip. KA has iconic knocks across forms which others can’t boast of either.

Kamran Akmal gets ostracised by the bacha party a lot perhaps due to some of his high profile drops or just ignorance, but in his peak form the man was another level and in T20’s I feel he is comfortably our best ever keeper bat and more importantly a former world champion in that format. I agree he’d have much better numbers if he faced the attacks Rizwan did but at a significantly better chip. KA has iconic knocks across forms which others can’t boast of either.
Kamran Akmal was a poor keeper unfortunately and his fielding was even worse no doubt.

But his stats are not reflective of his caliber. It's just that I can tell that majority of the people here who claim they've been watching since 2000 are lying and actually started watching cricket 2011 and onwards.

They mostly look at stats on cricinfo and determine that Rizwan is superior to gilchrist or that Misbah is superior to Inzi.

Kamran akmal was good but he ultimately underachieved. Similarly YK in odi underachieved, a player of his caliber should have averaged 40, since when on song he was a gun no 4 for pakistan in odi.

Inzi also underachieved in cups the same way.

However the difference between these guys and rizwan + Misbah is that rizwan and Misbah did not under achieve, What we see on screen is their ceiling 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Sarfaraz Ahmed not part of Pakistan's playing XI in the first Test against Bangladesh starting from August 21

Sarfaraz Ahmed not part of Pakistan's playing XI in the first Test against Bangladesh starting from August 21

While I like Sarfaraz, I don't see how he makes any Test XI going forward, we need to look to the future and not a 37-year-old. He might as well retire. This is one of the better selection decisions.

It’s better for Sarfaraz to say goodbye to international cricket now and focus on building his career in coaching because at this age I don’t think he can do anything extraordinary for Pakistan.

It’s better for Sarfaraz to say goodbye to international cricket now and focus on building his career in coaching because at this age I don’t think he can do anything extraordinary for Pakistan.
I hope PCB realises that fancy English and degrees don't determine good coaching and good players.

Misbah was the most educated coach that Pakistan ever had and he is famously dubbed as the absolute worst coach Pakistan has ever had.

His captaincy stint is debatable and is divided but besides the most extreme opinions, him as coach is universally frowned on.

Sarfi isn't educated but I hope they realise that him as a coach is not a bad idea(Only for whiteball).

This dude is statically your most succesful T20 captain which includes beating A full strength Australia in a tri series final, He's also your 2007 under 19 winner, your ct 2017 winner and statistically your best psl captain including 2019 winner and 2016-2017 finalist.

He's a perfect fit to coach Pakistan, Plus it's irritating to get people like Gary anyway, Kristen may be a world class coach, but what good does it do when he speaks in English the words

" Okay boys, to win this game I advise that we go with an aggressive appraoch at the top, and attack the opposition"

And the translator in Urdu states

" Jee Kristen sahib yei kah rahei hain kei openers babar aur rizwan apni game kahlei"

RIzwan proving him right for sure.

BMLHO2x.jpeg

If Rizwan reaches the tally of 3000 runs maintaining an average of 40 with couple of impactful knocks with bat when needed, he will become the best keeper batsman for Pakistan of all-time and will cement his spot at #6 or #7 in their all time test XI.

Rizwan is miles ahead of sarfaraz .

In few years there will be no comparison between rizwan and any Pakistan wicketkeeper batsman so forget about sarfaraz

If Rizwan reaches the tally of 3000 runs maintaining an average of 40 with couple of impactful knocks with bat when needed, he will become the best keeper batsman for Pakistan of all-time and will cement his spot at #6 or #7 in their all time test XI.
The bar is pretty low but can't take anything away from Rizwan.

Rizwan is miles ahead of sarfaraz .

In few years there will be no comparison between rizwan and any Pakistan wicketkeeper batsman so forget about sarfaraz
Sarfraz is only useful in Asian conditions because he is a very good player of spin. His wicketkeeping though makes him a liability with the gloves. So if he plays he plays as a pure batter.

Rizwan is definitely miles ahead of Sarfaraz. There is no one who could replace him atm.

He also averages 42 away from home, so he is on his way.

Sarfaraz Ahmed is on the field now as he replaces Mohammad Rizwan as a Keeper in 1st Test against Bangladesh in Rawalpindi

Now debate continues

gMtQed3.jpg

As long as Sarfi is challenging, Riz will stay honest. As soon Sarfi falls away, Riz without competition will( history suggests) also become overconfident and rubbish

Like I have always said, if Rizwan does end up fluking a big score than it isn't any kind of testament to how great a batter he is rather it is indicative that the pitch is a highway

Another day, another Rizwan hundred and another humiliation for Pakistan. Great going Rizzy

Just another reason why rizwan is better than Sarfaraz.

53wB8HM.png
It's a sad day in hell when people start talking about shadab and Rizwan's specilaist fielding antics to justify why these 2 are superior to CT winning wk captain and a CT no 4 hafeez allrounder who actually won the damn thing.

It's a sad day in hell when people start talking about shadab and Rizwan's specilaist fielding antics to justify why these 2 are superior to CT winning wk captain and a CT no 4 hafeez allrounder who actually won the damn thing.
This is about tests, brother. And rizwan is way ahead of Sarfaraz here.

Just another reason why rizwan is better than Sarfaraz.

53wB8HM.png
Don’t think so . Rizwan has done well in Australia that’s about it . Sarfraz has played quite a gem knocks under pressure . Centuries against likes of hearth on spinning lankan pitches , last year man of series on come back . Saved a test match . Sarfraz has had more impactful innings . Rizwan has scored runs but not really so impactful

Don’t think so . Rizwan has done well in Australia that’s about it . Sarfraz has played quite a gem knocks under pressure . Centuries against likes of hearth on spinning lankan pitches , last year man of series on come back . Saved a test match . Sarfraz has had more impactful innings . Rizwan has scored runs but not really so impactful
Performances in Pakistan... no way to judge anyone!

Had Pakistan pulled off the chase in NZ where Rizwan scored 130 odd, that innings would have been something Sarfaraz would never have achieved or replicated

That one innings was superb by Rizwan

Performances in Pakistan... no way to judge anyone!
Sure, but if that is the case than we cannot make any judgement about Rizwan considering 2 out of his 3 tons have come in Pakistan (both draws)

On the other hand Saifi only has 1 ton in Pakistan, 2 in UAE and 1 in Sri Lanka with the latter 3 resulting in wins

This is about tests, brother. And rizwan is way ahead of Sarfaraz here.
If I say No, you'll say stats, if I say Impact, you'll say Rizzu is mainstay, if I say Misbah, you'll say Shan, If I say Parchi, will you finally say Rizwan?

If I say No, you'll say stats, if I say Impact, you'll say Rizzu is mainstay, if I say Misbah, you'll say Shan, If I say Parchi, will you finally say Rizwan?
Rizwan alone as a keeper is better than sarfaraz. He has nothing else left to prove. Sarfaraz is past now. He was good but is not better than Rizwan by any means.

Rizwan alone as a keeper is better than sarfaraz. He has nothing else left to prove. Sarfaraz is past now. He was good but is not better than Rizwan by any means.
What happened in the super over against USA? Where did Rizzu's keeping skills flop off to? Actually can you explain why such a goat keeper can't read DRS for the life of him?

Back