[VIDEOS] “If new team management comes, I will be available for national selection" : Mohammad Amir

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
[VIDEOS] “If new team management comes, I will be available for national selection" : Mohammad Amir

Amir on the warpath - but is this all necessary?

Lahore: Pacer Mohammad Amir has once again lashed out at the national team’s head coach Misbah-ul-Haq and Waqar Younis’s management skills.

The 28-year-old Amir hailed the cricketing career of Misbah and Waqar but reminded them that coaching requires a different mindset.

“Vicky Bhai (Waqar Younis) was a legendary pacer while Misbah was a great captain but mindset with players while coaching is a different education,” he said while talking to reporters in Lahore.

“It’s not necessary that a good player can be a good coach too,” he added.

Amir also said that if his selection was based on performance, the management would have talked to me.

“Their welcoming gesture was for media only but it’s something else from inside. They should have definitely talked to me but they side-lined me. Things have gone too far and I have no plan to return,” he added.

Amir clarified that he is not bigger than the system and his stance will not change regarding this management.

“I don’t want to waste my time and take the place of a deserving candidate in the team. I believe that if a player is not mentally fresh he can’t deliver,” he concluded.

https://arysports.tv/good-player-coaching-requires-different-mindset-misbah-waqar/

==

More quotes:

"If new management comes into place, I will myself let the Board know that I will be available for selection; It wont be the case that I should be selected just because my name is Mohammad Amir because I will perform and prove that I am better than the others"

About statement from Pak Team Management that their hearts are open to Amir's return and doors to selection are open

"This they have said to the media, if they really felt that way they would have spoken to me instead of saying things about me; I don't think I can play again due to the way things have moved on"

"I am not saying that the PCB should sack them as PCB brought them into their system based upon some criteria; As a cricketer he was very good as Vicky Bhai was a legend of the game, and Misbah Bhai was a good captain but to have the right mindset with players requires a different training as a coach and is an education in itself"

"If you tell me that just because I know a little bit about bowling, I can teach some bowler how to bowl that that is not the case as for that you need a certain type of education and also the right type of temperament so that you know how to handle players"

"I don't think I can play (in a team) with their kind of mindset"

"I didn't retire because of a lack of performances or after being dropped from the team, my issue was a different one"

"Yesterday Vicki Bhai confirmed my feelings when he said that he was saddened by Amir's statements; So I am glad that he knows that statements by people can hurt the feelings of others. I said something true which has caused sadness to him. But, he has been saying things like Amir has ditched us, or hasn't left Test cricket because of workloads - he just doesn't want to play - so these were the statements that were causing me sadness, and mentally upsetting me"

"I was being schooled about the fact that I should have gone into domestic cricket and performed there but as a cricketer you know that if you are not doing well, you go to domestic cricket or a league and do well there"

"And as far as being patient is concerned, no one knows that like I do; I did not play any cricket from 2010 to 2015 where I wasn't allowed to even touch a cricket ball"

"So even then I didn't give up, so its a little silly to say that I gave up because I was dropped due to my performance"

"We have so many legends who have made many comebacks in cricket and as a cricketer you know that you have to perform in domestic cricket and you can come back to the Pakistan side"

"If they talk about performance then why when I took 20 wickets in the Bangladesh Premier League, my name was not in the team that was announced and I wasn't even told about it and no explanation was given"

"Its a little unfair on some who are selected in the Pakistan team after just one domestic game and then discarded if they don't perform well in 2 games or so"

"They say its not personal against me but then we hear statements like we only prefer those players who will play all three formats or those who play red-ball cricket - so what's that about?"

"Misbah was saying that my pace was consistently coming down but I had said twenty times that I even played the World Cup with (back) spasms"

"When your body recovers well, you can play well and in Sri Lanka I bowled at 145kph"

"One person says, its not about bowling 150kph, its about taking 20 wickets - which is what I agree with but then our Head Coach says Amir's speed had come down from 85 to 81mph so we dropped him - I would say that both these people should agree on what is right then teach Amir a lesson"

"They should also pay attention to their own performance as the Pakistan team is down - they are saying we had Covid etc - well its the same for all teams including India"

"If you keep this scary atmosphere in the dressing room, the players will give such bad performances"

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 57.500%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/buc572" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.604%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/upab2n" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Last edited by a moderator:
None of this bashing is making him look any better than Misbah or Waqar but it's taking him a while to figure that out. Amir is not the brightest boy.

The best place for him to talk is on the field. He has produced hardly any notable performances in internationals or domestics for well over a year now.

This guy needs to shut up, he is not doing any favours for himself.

PCB should never select Amir, need discipline others will do same if amir is not punished.

Misbah and Waqar aren't good coaches but he really should not be saying this. He is coming across as very selfish right now. Apparently playing for his country was torture yet he cannot stop complaining.

I think Amir is forgetting that Waqar was the one along with Shahid Afridi who brought him back to the side...

I think Amir is forgetting that Waqar was the one along with Shahid Afridi who brought him back to the side...

Amir is the biggest Ehsan Faramosh. It still has not dawned on him that he was very lucky to be playing for his country again, other nations would not have given him a second chance

During the draft he was asked if he would return to international cricket he said he will try his best and the rest is up to the selectors. So his problem seems to be just with these two but so do most of the fans (and rightly so) so I don't get why they're so angry at Amir. He like the fans isn't happy with the management unlike others who are worried about their places.

Now I know he is no angel and he was probably being selfish but if he doesn't want to (or doesn't feel like he can) play Tests anymore that's his prerogative, there are many other such cricketers that just focus on LOI cricket and to be honest we wouldn't even have minded if we had a good bowling attack.

I know that people who supported him through the tough times felt like he has let them down (myself included) when the team needed him the most but some good coaches and management could have tried to sway his opinion in time, that is if he was so vital to begin with.

At least he's being honest here

“I don’t want to waste my time and take place of a deserving candidate in the team. I believe that if a player is not mentally fresh he can’t deliver,” he concluded."

People are getting too emotional as usual and if we are to better our team and players we need to learn to try to understand what they're thinking and hire professionals that can positively and correctly guide them.

Amir is the biggest Ehsan Faramosh. It still has not dawned on him that he was very lucky to be playing for his country again, other nations would not have given him a second chance

Exactly. He should’ve been grateful for the opportunity.... anyways it is very unlikely that he will make a comeback for the Pakistani team.

To be honest, a good riddance.

Also I see many people saying that he rallied for his reinclusion but most didn't do it out of the goodness of their heart, it was just because our bowling was crap as it had been for a while and they desperately need Amir (well the 2010 Amir anyway) back, hell many even advocated and would've taken Asif back with both hands despite his many previous transgressions. But not Butt because he was band average to begin with and we had many similar or better replacements.

Many are also calling him Ehsan Farahmosh because they think they did him a big favour but they're just being as hypocritical and insincere as Amir himself.

Some of the players are much better at talking to media every other day, blaming others, making excuses than they are as cricketers. Need to stop blaming everything else and to look in the mirror. Waqar and Misbah might not be great man managers and as per sources are in the process of being accounted for that but, Amir's performances and fitness has been far from acceptable in last year or two, a fact which he cant be hide behind coaching staff's man management abilities.

Last edited:
Too much talking. This is not how he will return. Shut up and prove your worth.

Mohammed Amir.

More press conferences than wickets.

This is the part about Amir which concerns me, the one large flaw in his argument and decision. He claims that he has served the time for his mistakes, but that is not the case. He is yet to even consider what his mistakes did to the PCB, what they did to the reputation of Pakistan cricket, and what they did to Pakistani fans. He has not accounted for his luck in representing Pakistan for however long he did, and it's astonishing that he's still giving such statements.

If any sensible person was in Amir's position at the moment, who had gone through the same situation, they would have realized that "chup chap se kaam karlo domestic main, aur phir team pe ajao". No need to bring negative media attention towards the Cricket Board and towards himself. He chose to retire, that's his decisions. But mark my words about this that the next Head Coach won't bring Amir into the team straight away, because players like Andy Flower are also very big supporters of team spirit and attitude. This doesn't sit well with Amir.

I could give you a roadmap of what he should have done, and if he had done that, he would have been considered for the team in this South Africa series. For one, after he had been dropped before the Bangladesh series, he should have communicated with the Cricket Board and the staff about what the issue was. The coaches make decisions pretty quickly about squads, and if they drop you, as a player, it is your responsibility to make sure that you know the exact cause of this. Amir would have sooner or later figured out that it was because of his poor form that he got dropped. Fast forward to the COVID-19 Pandemic and no cricket, we finally see Pakistan in the T20 series against England. Amir is handed the ball, and in his first over of the second game, he clocks around 122 KPH, and then breaks down in the match. His pace was totally off, and he sustained an injury.

Fast-forward again and we are having the PSL, and he bowls a magnificent super over, but his performances with the ball in the last game of the PSL and from then on have been nothing short of disappointing. He was being hoiked around by technically poor batsmen in domestic cricket, and finished with atrocious figures. He went to the LPL and received a thorough bashing from the Sri Lankan youngsters, and took one 5 wicket haul. Take that out and you have more matches played than wickets taken. Before the LPL, the squad for the NZ series was announced, and Amir was not there.

On the basis of current form, he did not merit a spot. I am also of the thinking that neither Naseem nor Musa deserved a spot, which should have instead gone to Usman Khan Shinwari and another deserving pacer.

It is disappointing to see Amir making such statements. The management has said that they will let you into the team if you perform, but instead of showing respectable performances, you keep making these claims. From the standpoint of Fawad Alam, the guy was performing well in domestic. Amir doesn't even have commendable performances in domestic in recent times, so meriting a spot for any tour is absurd.

Amir, no selector will select you if you keep performing like you are. Up your performance instead of acting like an idiot.

Good interview by Amir, he has self sabotaged his career. He is a goner now :)

Thank god i won't have to see him play.

Amir is crying for media attention. If he wasn't getting selected and had reservations against team management, than hello, you re already not getting selected so quite play your cricket.

The fact that a guy who is already dropped retires and make such statements taht he will comeback later, means that he is just crying for media attention.

Younis Khan type metnality.

Not sure if Amir is going to stand a chance with Andy Flower.

he has no shame we have our issues already with him opening is mouth. Pcb helped him so much in 5 years of bewilderness . His fitness has gone downhill apart champions trophy he hasnt done anything. I would never go back begging to him.

I guess it’s not only Misbah alone then .....

The truth is - Pakistan cricket needs Amir more and not the other way round. He can easily play leagues around the world, even take British passport and stake a claim to play in the daddy league itself and earn lots of money. But after the horror show in NZ, Pakistan desperately needs Amir back. So the negotiating power is in Amir's hand.

Quotes added to OP

- Dont add videos etc.

It is frustrating to see everyone making statements against each other in the media. Those statements don't help anybody.

What would happen in a normal professional set up is that a player is dropped. The management and player both discuss why the decision has been made. Then the player goes back to the domestic scene and tries to regain form and catch the attention of the coaches again through performances. Then finally the player is recalled and given another chance in international matches.

All this pointing fingers and crying from both parties isn't doing anything good for Pakistan cricket which should always be the number one priority

Ok this statement was uncalled for. We now have another Egomaniac. Last time someone acted like this it was Shoaib Akhtar (who was a far superior bowler than Amir).

When he announced his retirement from all international cricket, I felt good riddance. If you can’t be bothered to put everything in, then go. I got sick of his 60% slower balls.

The sad thing is that the debacle in NZ showed me we actually need someone seasoned like Amir.

The even sadder thing is that we don’t need him for white ball, we need him in test cricket. Inexperienced bowlers can get away with it in White ball cricket - esp T20.

So now, even if he comes back - if it’s for white ball, I am not interested at all.

I want him to lead the red ball attack.

While I agree that Misbah and Waqar are the worst two coaches we have had the misfortune of having; Amir isn't doing himself any favors by coming across as someone who decides for whom he plays. I say this as his fan, he knows Misbah experiment is about to end so if I was him I'd taken the retirement back and just shut up and waited for the new coaches to be appointed.

Good interview by Amir, he has self sabotaged his career. He is a goner now :)

Thank god i won't have to see him play.

Amir is crying for media attention. If he wasn't getting selected and had reservations against team management, than hello, you re already not getting selected so quite play your cricket.

The fact that a guy who is already dropped retires and make such statements taht he will comeback later, means that he is just crying for media attention.

Younis Khan type metnality.

Younis never caused enough trouble to Pak cricket except that oathgate time when almost all the team was filled with trashy mentality.
If Younis was crooked as him, he wouldn't have played 100+ Tests and 200+ ODIs.

This is the part about Amir which concerns me, the one large flaw in his argument and decision. He claims that he has served the time for his mistakes, but that is not the case. He is yet to even consider what his mistakes did to the PCB, what they did to the reputation of Pakistan cricket, and what they did to Pakistani fans. He has not accounted for his luck in representing Pakistan for however long he did, and it's astonishing that he's still giving such statements.

If any sensible person was in Amir's position at the moment, who had gone through the same situation, they would have realized that "chup chap se kaam karlo domestic main, aur phir team pe ajao". No need to bring negative media attention towards the Cricket Board and towards himself. He chose to retire, that's his decisions. But mark my words about this that the next Head Coach won't bring Amir into the team straight away, because players like Andy Flower are also very big supporters of team spirit and attitude. This doesn't sit well with Amir.

I could give you a roadmap of what he should have done, and if he had done that, he would have been considered for the team in this South Africa series. For one, after he had been dropped before the Bangladesh series, he should have communicated with the Cricket Board and the staff about what the issue was. The coaches make decisions pretty quickly about squads, and if they drop you, as a player, it is your responsibility to make sure that you know the exact cause of this. Amir would have sooner or later figured out that it was because of his poor form that he got dropped. Fast forward to the COVID-19 Pandemic and no cricket, we finally see Pakistan in the T20 series against England. Amir is handed the ball, and in his first over of the second game, he clocks around 122 KPH, and then breaks down in the match. His pace was totally off, and he sustained an injury.

Fast-forward again and we are having the PSL, and he bowls a magnificent super over, but his performances with the ball in the last game of the PSL and from then on have been nothing short of disappointing. He was being hoiked around by technically poor batsmen in domestic cricket, and finished with atrocious figures. He went to the LPL and received a thorough bashing from the Sri Lankan youngsters, and took one 5 wicket haul. Take that out and you have more matches played than wickets taken. Before the LPL, the squad for the NZ series was announced, and Amir was not there.

On the basis of current form, he did not merit a spot. I am also of the thinking that neither Naseem nor Musa deserved a spot, which should have instead gone to Usman Khan Shinwari and another deserving pacer.

It is disappointing to see Amir making such statements. The management has said that they will let you into the team if you perform, but instead of showing respectable performances, you keep making these claims. From the standpoint of Fawad Alam, the guy was performing well in domestic. Amir doesn't even have commendable performances in domestic in recent times, so meriting a spot for any tour is absurd.

Actually i have my own concerns about Amir and they stem from his attitude and work ethic. In the first year of his recall especially the first few matches he played in 2015 and 2016, he did show glimpses of his world class abilities early on, his pace was up i.e. 140-145 km/hr and he was swinging the ball due to which he was clearly Pakistan's best bowler on the NZ tour in 2016, PSL 2016, Asia Cup 2016, T-20 WC 2016. However his performances started to dip badly from the tour of England 2016 onwards. His pace started to decline, he was ineffective in the UAE, his swing diminshed. He was able to do nothing in New Zealand and Australia.

He only had a good first test match vs the WI where he was helped by a green pitch but he went missing in the next two test matches. His only notable performance was in the 2017 CT final but apart from that he has badly gone missing in most of Pakistan's game.

There is no doubt the strain of bowling so many overs in the last 5 years took a toll on his body, there is no doubt that the team management and the PCB should have had a much better workload management policy for him but Amir himself did not stop himself from playing in all the T-20 leagues available.

Maybe he lied about his age and instead of being 28 years old, he is actually 30-31 years old but even then he is at a age where fast bowlers are suppossed to be at their physical peak, he should not have dropped down from 145 km/hr to 127-132 km/hr. His attitude towards training also seems off, in a tv interview he mockingly dismissed gym and strength training under the pretext of "I am a cricketer, a fast bowler, not a wrestler". Whereas someone like Shoaib Akhtar comes from the school of thought that it is the gym, strength work that you do in the gym which gives you that extra yard of pace and enables you to bowl faster longer. I know for a fact that the Australian pacers do a lot of gym work and they are able to keep their average speeds up in all spells of a test match.

Also when you listen to Amir, you get that uncomfortable vibe from him that he is someone who just does what he really likes, wants to do and feels he already knows it all. His entire bowling approach has now become negative just like Abbass where he just angles the ball across the batsman outside offstump, he doesn't consistently pitch the ball up looking to swing it as if he is not willing to be hit around the park. Wasim Akram has worked with him in the PSL and Waqar has worked with him as bowling coach and neither have been able to help him.

I suspect Waqar probably witnessed Amir's work ethic and felt that he was doing the bare minimum that was required off him and he saw a bigger hunger, drive, willingness to learn from the likes of Shaheen, Naseem, Hasnain, Musa. Waqar is a huge fan of Hasan Ali because of the fact he has come from a small town like him and his hunger for the game. Look at what Hasan Ali has done, a year ago everyone kept commenting that he has lost his way, is no longer focused on the game, is more focused on the stuff off the field, he got injured, he worked hard, he kept his head down, performed big in domestic cricket and is now in line for a recall. That is how it is supposed to be done and Amir should take note.

Ok this statement was uncalled for. We now have another Egomaniac. Last time someone acted like this it was Shoaib Akhtar (who was a far superior bowler than Amir).

Uh Shoaib never threw tantrums and tried to blackmail the PCB, team management into picking him. He would criticize the selectors, team management, voice his opinion but thats it

Already taking a u-turn. He might have a more successful career in Pakistan politics than in cricket I guess.

Throwing tantrums like I will only be playing when this happens or this. Afridi did that back in 2011 and it left quite a sour taste in everyone's mouth even his fans'. And Afridi is 10times the cricketer Amir will ever be. (Although the common denominator on both occasions is Waqar Younis, who needs to be booted out as well)

He seems more suited to play in Afghanistan team than Pakistan's. We should have nipped this evil in the bud but we let him grow.

I hope I never see him in Pakistani colors again.

Oh dear.

The Pakistani way I'm afraid.

Surely it would have been more mature for Amir and the Team Management together with Mani and Wasim Khan to sit around a table and talk about all these grievances and issues.

Actually i have my own concerns about Amir and they stem from his attitude and work ethic. In the first year of his recall especially the first few matches he played in 2015 and 2016, he did show glimpses of his world class abilities early on, his pace was up i.e. 140-145 km/hr and he was swinging the ball due to which he was clearly Pakistan's best bowler on the NZ tour in 2016, PSL 2016, Asia Cup 2016, T-20 WC 2016. However his performances started to dip badly from the tour of England 2016 onwards. His pace started to decline, he was ineffective in the UAE, his swing diminshed. He was able to do nothing in New Zealand and Australia.

He only had a good first test match vs the WI where he was helped by a green pitch but he went missing in the next two test matches. His only notable performance was in the 2017 CT final but apart from that he has badly gone missing in most of Pakistan's game.

There is no doubt the strain of bowling so many overs in the last 5 years took a toll on his body, there is no doubt that the team management and the PCB should have had a much better workload management policy for him but Amir himself did not stop himself from playing in all the T-20 leagues available.

Maybe he lied about his age and instead of being 28 years old, he is actually 30-31 years old but even then he is at a age where fast bowlers are suppossed to be at their physical peak, he should not have dropped down from 145 km/hr to 127-132 km/hr. His attitude towards training also seems off, in a tv interview he mockingly dismissed gym and strength training under the pretext of "I am a cricketer, a fast bowler, not a wrestler". Whereas someone like Shoaib Akhtar comes from the school of thought that it is the gym, strength work that you do in the gym which gives you that extra yard of pace and enables you to bowl faster longer. I know for a fact that the Australian pacers do a lot of gym work and they are able to keep their average speeds up in all spells of a test match.

Also when you listen to Amir, you get that uncomfortable vibe from him that he is someone who just does what he really likes, wants to do and feels he already knows it all. His entire bowling approach has now become negative just like Abbass where he just angles the ball across the batsman outside offstump, he doesn't consistently pitch the ball up looking to swing it as if he is not willing to be hit around the park. Wasim Akram has worked with him in the PSL and Waqar has worked with him as bowling coach and neither have been able to help him.

I suspect Waqar probably witnessed Amir's work ethic and felt that he was doing the bare minimum that was required off him and he saw a bigger hunger, drive, willingness to learn from the likes of Shaheen, Naseem, Hasnain, Musa. Waqar is a huge fan of Hasan Ali because of the fact he has come from a small town like him and his hunger for the game. Look at what Hasan Ali has done, a year ago everyone kept commenting that he has lost his way, is no longer focused on the game, is more focused on the stuff off the field, he got injured, he worked hard, he kept his head down, performed big in domestic cricket and is now in line for a recall. That is how it is supposed to be done and Amir should take note.

Just compare Cummins and Amir, both similar age, both had a big hole in their respective test careers. Amir shot himself in the foot in 2010 and got banned till 2015, while Cummins was unable to play another test till 2016 due to various injuries, although he did feature in sporadic ODIS and T20is in between.

Both are now around 27-28, but look at the difference between the two. One is bowling at his best and fastest, the other is claiming he is emotionally tortured and too aged to bowl faster than 130kph

This is the fixing saga all over again.

He’s panicking again when he has been given opportunity most people would dream of. TWICE.

He threw it away in 2010 and wants to throw it away again. Legally this time.

Both times he had to put his head down and work hard on his craft, instead he is taking a shortcut in the face of adversity.

Oh dear.

The Pakistani way I'm afraid.

Surely it would have been more mature for Amir and the Team Management together with Mani and Wasim Khan to sit around a table and talk about all these grievances and issues.

Why should they? Who is Amir? What is he really? Is he a Wasim, Waqar that the PCB will be concerned about and will go on over drive to sort out all issues? Amir is not even a Shoaib who has a much superior bowling average and strike rate and the PCB at the end even stopped running around after him.

In order for the PCB to be very concerned about you, you have to be worth something first and sadly Amir based on his performances in the last few years has proven he is worthless

Amir plays for the right team.

They'll succumb and get the fraud back in national colours. Just wait and watch.

:sa

Lala's legacy lives on.

But Amir isn't no Lala. Lala is a brand and amir is a walking talking cautionary tale.

I see nothing wrong with what he said. His main issue is Misbah and Waqar. He is exposing the background of how they do things. I am glad he is speaking up for himself. Showing he’s no yes-man like the others in his team. We need more players like him.

Shots fired!!

I wonder who is advising/guiding Amir to behave like this!

This show is now increasingly pathetic and rotten. PCB should put a lid on this mentally, ethically, physically, legally compromised guy, none of whose statements and announcements can be trusted.

He can earn his billions if he has buyers but not in international cricket for PCb’s own sake. He won’t mind playing in T5/T10/T20 circuses or becoming an international drug mule as long as he gets good money.

PCB should refuse his NOC's, refuse him permission to play in the PSL and send him a legal notice to behave

He will be forgotten soon, no body cares about these leagues( unless it is IPL), he might be talk of the town for one month during PSL but thats it.

Muhammad Nawaz is a star performer in different leagues but hardly anyone knows him.

Why should they? Who is Amir? What is he really? Is he a Wasim, Waqar that the PCB will be concerned about and will go on over drive to sort out all issues? Amir is not even a Shoaib who has a much superior bowling average and strike rate and the PCB at the end even stopped running around after him.

In order for the PCB to be very concerned about you, you have to be worth something first and sadly Amir based on his performances in the last few years has proven he is worthless

He's somebody who the Board invested a lot of time and money in before his ban and after his ban. He is somebody who has had central contracts from the Board for many years. He is somebody who has had a fallout with the Board, but that shouldn't mean that both parties should just slate each other in front of the world and cut all ties.

Most sensible people would try to resolve this issue.

Just goes to show he's not matured one bit since the spot fixing scandal. This guy is non appreciative of the opportunity given to him, to teach him a lesson i would say that PCB shouldn't re-select him. Misbah was right that he done nothing to merit selection based on his poor performances, you could say to an extent he replaces Haris Rauf but even then i would stick with Rauf. Honestly, no humility in this boy all he needs is a good kick in the pants and maybe just maybe he would've been a different person. Thanks for the memories of CT17 but you will not be missed, you ruined your chances mate nobody else.

I would advise you all to watch the video than read the article.

He makes a lot more sense when you hear him talking than read it. I’m inclined to believe Amir over Misbah and Waqar.

I’ve actually changed my stance after watching the video.

I have a problem with Amir the player, and I wouldn’t select him if he’s not firing on all cylinders. But the toxic environment both Misbah and Waqar have created is very believable. He says the players play with a lot of fear. That is very evident in their body language on the pitch

Last edited:
Greg Chappell had a toxic relationship with some Indians cricketers but that doesn’t mean they retired from cricket.

I agree with Amir about Misbah and Waqar and a lot of what he said makes sense. Terrible coaching staff with huge egos and man management issues. Doesn't mean Amir should be in the team though.

TbF posters here have felt the same way but they expect Amir to be PC.

He's somebody who the Board invested a lot of time and money in before his ban and after his ban. He is somebody who has had central contracts from the Board for many years. He is somebody who has had a fallout with the Board, but that shouldn't mean that both parties should just slate each other in front of the world and cut all ties.

It’s not PCB fault that he gave direct interviews to media. It was the same for test retirement that he didn’t inform PCB first, announced his retirement on his YT channel.

It was Amir’s job to tell PCB the whole issue, should have contacted Wasim Khan first but the guy is an attention seeker

Lol, and the PCB feel conned, they invested so much time, money into a player who in the long run turned out to be garbage, Amir's stats reflect his true standing and why the PCB decided to move on.

Oh bas kar yaar...say you're available to play again (it looks as though you still are) and start playing.

If you're selected, good.

If not, move on bud like the rest of us.

Hold your head high and get on with it.

Lol, and the PCB feel conned, they invested so much time, money into a player who in the long run turned out to be garbage, Amir's stats reflect his true standing and why the PCB decided to move on.

Thought he bowled well on both England tours since comeback, and in SA, also in the CT 17, as well as the last World Cup, not the prodigal return but some good peaks.

One thing I’ll always forgive our quicks for in the last ten years is having to toil away in the UAE for the past decade - no movement, no supporters. Also our management’s habit of over-bowling our better quicks - Amir, Hassan and now Shaheen.

As for Amir himself, always felt his upper body needed a bit more muscle, one of the skinniest quick bowlers I’ve seen.

Of course they do and they should.

But as I said, most people would try to resolve the problem, instead of this ongoing drama.

I am not defending Amir's comments - I think they are pointless, rude and self-sabotaging.

But people seem to be missing the point.

Mohammad Amir is officially 28 years 9 months old. We all know that he is probably 31 or 32 years old, but his 5 year ban has been a double-edged sword.

The negative effect of the 5 year ban has been that Amir didn't bowl competitively between the ages of 20 and 25. As a result, his body wasn't toughened up to allow him to bowl 20 overs per day at 140K.

The positive effect of the 5 year ban is that physically Amir has fewer miles on the clock, and less wear and tear, than any other 31 year old - across all forms of cricket he has only bowled 20,000 deliveries in his life, compared with Mitchell Starc (28,000 at the same real age) or Trent Boult (30,000 at the same age).

So what is Mohammad Amir?

He is a fast-medium bowler of short stature, whose height and lack of pace make him a white and pink ball specialist who in Tests is only effective outside Asia and especially with a Dukes or Pink ball. And he is also a decent Number 9 batsman.

Inzamam and Mickey Arthur recognised the points I made in bold above, and concluded that Pakistan would get more out of him by not bowling him into the ground in Asia and instead simply using him in 20 and 50 over cricket and in SENA in Tests.

It was a mutually beneficial agreement. Amir's career would be lengthened, and he would be fresher and more effective - and quicker - when he did play Tests.

It doesn't matter what the PCB invested in him - he is neither quick enough nor tall enough to be effective in Tests in Asia.

I think Misbah and Waqar were fools to decide that he had to be available all the time. But I think Amir is a fool playing this out in public, when the reality is that Misbah is close to being sacked anyway, and is only surviving because nobody qualified wants the job.

I suspect that Mickey Arthur will be the Head Coach again anyway for the 2021-23 World Test Championship cycle. I don't think he has the quality of players to survive in his Sri Lanka job.

Of course they do and they should.

But as I said, most people would try to resolve the problem, instead of this ongoing drama.

or they could just put a full stop to his international cricket like ECB did to KP. KP is a way bigger and better player than Amir, yet England moved on from him and did pretty well.

+1
Don't judge me but i felt that Amir should have played domestic season before drafted back in International cricket. He would have appreciated it more. He has this sense of entitlement and like all crooks/frauds knows how to manipulate media and convince people and gain sympathy. I don't buy that he was an innocent teenager who got screwed by Butt. Amir definitely knew that spot fixing is wrong.

I think it's absolutely fantastic that he is tearing into Misbah and Waqar publically. Someone needs to expose these two and highlight some of the underlying issues that have contributed to our crap performance for the last few years. Senseless selection, retaliatory actions against players for no good reason, and lack of player development are just a few of the many issues brought on by the regime of Misbah and Waqar.

Remember, if you want to clean your house, you gotta air out the dirt.

People who are saying good riddance and happy that he’s retired seem to be under the impression that we have a host of incredible fast bowlers waiting in the wings. Sure, Amir may be handling this poorly, and he wasn’t in the best form when they dropped him, but an in form Amir is still one of the best bowlers in the country. When we really need him, in the big ICC tournaments, he always steps up.

People who are saying good riddance and happy that he’s retired seem to be under the impression that we have a host of incredible fast bowlers waiting in the wings. Sure, Amir may be handling this poorly, and he wasn’t in the best form when they dropped him, but an in form Amir is still one of the best bowlers in the country. When we really need him, in the big ICC tournaments, he always steps up.

An inform Amir is once in every ten games which Misbah and Waqar are rightfully pointing out

They’ll be sorry after the PSL when Amir returns to form.

I think it's absolutely fantastic that he is tearing into Misbah and Waqar publically. Someone needs to expose these two and highlight some of the underlying issues that have contributed to our crap performance for the last few years. Senseless selection, retaliatory actions against players for no good reason, and lack of player development are just a few of the many issues brought on by the regime of Misbah and Waqar.

Remember, if you want to clean your house, you gotta air out the dirt.

Exactly what technical criticism has Amir done of Misbah/Waqar?

If he had said look Waqar told me x,y,z to improve my bowling and it was wrong, or Misbah sent this message to the batsmen etc - that would be 'tearing'.

All this is just a hysterical reaction - nothing more.

Hasan Ali is a perfect example of dedication. Injury upon injury, yet he gave his best in domestic cricket to make the team again. And that too, playing the format where our team is the weakest. He could have easily said that he would have preferred white-ball cricket because of injury concern, but he made the decision that the team needed. Obviously, we'll have to watch his workload, and make sure that we have pacers to rotate with. I think Hasan should play the first test, and if we win, we should bring in someone like Shinwari for the second one. I don't want to take a risk with Hasan at this point in time.

The issue with Amir is that both the team management and Amir are yet to explain why the pace decreased. This lack of clarity makes it much more difficult for people to sympathize with him. If he could provide a medical report, or a statement confirmed by the PCB, it would go a long way. If there actually is a major injury, then he should look to get a surgery in a foreign country, or rest for a certain period of time. The lack of clarity means that people think that he can bowl fast, that he is just not willing to.

Hasan Ali is a perfect example of dedication. Injury upon injury, yet he gave his best in domestic cricket to make the team again. And that too, playing the format where our team is the weakest. He could have easily said that he would have preferred white-ball cricket because of injury concern, but he made the decision that the team needed. Obviously, we'll have to watch his workload, and make sure that we have pacers to rotate with. I think Hasan should play the first test, and if we win, we should bring in someone like Shinwari for the second one. I don't want to take a risk with Hasan at this point in time.

The issue with Amir is that both the team management and Amir are yet to explain why the pace decreased. This lack of clarity makes it much more difficult for people to sympathize with him. If he could provide a medical report, or a statement confirmed by the PCB, it would go a long way. If there actually is a major injury, then he should look to get a surgery in a foreign country, or rest for a certain period of time. The lack of clarity means that people think that he can bowl fast, that he is just not willing to.

muhammad wasim stated that he cant comment on someone whos retired but stated if he isnt retired then he will give an explanation.as for hassan ali i think in one game he bowled a spell of more than 7 overs not sure exactly how it shows that hes fully fit but yes he should be managed properly

muhammad wasim stated that he cant comment on someone whos retired but stated if he isnt retired then he will give an explanation.as for hassan ali i think in one game he bowled a spell of more than 7 overs not sure exactly how it shows that hes fully fit but yes he should be managed properly

Hasan Ali bowled 261 overs in this season of the QEA Trophy. You have to keep in mind that he operates at a quicker pace compared with the likes of Waqas Maqsood, who bowled around 300 overs. Also, this was his first taste of professional cricket after a long string of injuries.

I hope he's fully fit, because he's in some great form. New ball pair should be Shaheen and Naseem, with Tabish/Faheem/Haris being the first change.

Hasan Ali bowled 261 overs in this season of the QEA Trophy. You have to keep in mind that he operates at a quicker pace compared with the likes of Waqas Maqsood, who bowled around 300 overs. Also, this was his first taste of professional cricket after a long string of injuries.

I hope he's fully fit, because he's in some great form. New ball pair should be Shaheen and Naseem, with Tabish/Faheem/Haris being the first change.

he missed a couple games azwell.
i think bowling that many overs states to me that hes 100 percent fit he was also the captain.naseem has been dropped and righly so hes had enough oportunities.you would have tabish as first change ?

or they could just put a full stop to his international cricket like ECB did to KP. KP is a way bigger and better player than Amir, yet England moved on from him and did pretty well.

KP's issues were way bigger than Amir's and what KP had done was a lot worse than Amir in my opinion.

KP's issues were way bigger than Amir's and what KP had done was a lot worse than Amir in my opinion.

That may be subjective but KP was 10 times the performer Amir is.
KP sent a text to SA team during the test series calling strauss a box.
He stood up to Andy Flower.
He asked ECB to give IPL preference.

But even then KP kept performing and even was the best batter on his last assignment. Ashes.

Amir on the other hand, hasn't done anything noteworthy since 2019 wc.
Broke down in a t20i match and failed to finish his quota of 4 overs.
His behavior preaches to upcoming players to pick and choose international cricket.

pretty straightforward talk...Waqar and Misbah carries very bad reputation in managing players and regarding strategy of the games..

When you are selecting almost 300 players for the NZ team, then it clearly says they don't want Amir in the team anymore.. And whatever people say, Amir , instead of doing parchi stuff and seeking favors to get in NZ plane, just simply sidelined himself

But ya, dragging this too far is not doing Amir any favors

Uh KP never spot fixed matches so that destroys the argument what KP did was a lot worse than what Amir did. Had KP done what Amir did, 5 year ban or not, he would have never have been selected for England again regardless of how good he was and England chose to do away with him for much lesser issues regardless of his talent because they wanted to set an example that no one is bigger than the team and country at the end of the day

Amir is only speaking facts here. People are getting upset over nothing.

He's not asking for a spot back. He clearly says he'll have to earn it through performance.

Uh KP never spot fixed matches so that destroys the argument what KP did was a lot worse than what Amir did. Had KP done what Amir did, 5 year ban or not, he would have never have been selected for England again regardless of how good he was and England chose to do away with him for much lesser issues regardless of his talent because they wanted to set an example that no one is bigger than the team and country at the end of the day

You are jumping up and down yet again without actually understanding what people are saying.

Take a deep breath and read what was written and you will see that I am referring to cricket-related issues and not off-field issues such as fixing.

pretty straightforward talk...Waqar and Misbah carries very bad reputation in managing players and regarding strategy of the games..

When you are selecting almost 300 players for the NZ team, then it clearly says they don't want Amir in the team anymore.. And whatever people say, Amir , instead of doing parchi stuff and seeking favors to get in NZ plane, just simply sidelined himself

But ya, dragging this too far is not doing Amir any favors

Your comment about 300 players is ridiculous. You know the current situation regarding covid..look at what happened to India and Sri Lanka. India are playing their B team due to injuries and the covid requirements.
And if you didn't know, 33 players selected for NZ tour covered the test, t20 and the shaheens squad. How ignorant can you get?

he missed a couple games azwell.
i think bowling that many overs states to me that hes 100 percent fit he was also the captain.naseem has been dropped and righly so hes had enough oportunities.you would have tabish as first change ?

Yeah, I think Hasan is fully fit and ready to represent our team in test cricket.

If Tabish is in the playing XI, it's obvious that the new ball pair should be him and Shaheen. Seriously hope that Shaheen can pick up a few skills and tricks from Tabish, as he's a pretty experienced FC candidate.

Naseem should not be anywhere near the team for the next two years until he can show convincing development of his skills.

Whether you're a fan of Misbah/Waqar or not, Amir being dropped should not have to anyone as a surprise.

It would have been nice to have him in the squad, but Amir has done himself zero favours.

Future sectors will obviously be cautious too

Yeah, I think Hasan is fully fit and ready to represent our team in test cricket.

If Tabish is in the playing XI, it's obvious that the new ball pair should be him and Shaheen. Seriously hope that Shaheen can pick up a few skills and tricks from Tabish, as he's a pretty experienced FC candidate.

Naseem should not be anywhere near the team for the next two years until he can show convincing development of his skills.

We need hassan ali to be on form and should come in at first change defonitely on the pindi pitch.defonitely i think wasim will prioritise domestic performance as much as he can which is good

Back