[VIDEOS] "Foreign coaches never make me feel that I am lacking in any skills, but that is not how I feel when I play for the Pakistan team": Azam Khan

PCB has denied NOC to Azam Khan for LPL.

As per reports: He has withdrawn himself from LPL and will apply for NOCs for CPL and ILT20 later.

PCB has denied NOC to Azam Khan for LPL.

As per reports: He has withdrawn himself from LPL and will apply for NOCs for CPL and ILT20 later.
Why not opt for Vitality Blast, Big Bash, Hundred etc? These competitions are of much higher quality and would really help Azam improve his skills, if that's what he wants.

Why not opt for Vitality Blast, Big Bash, Hundred etc? These competitions are of much higher quality and would really help Azam improve his skills, if that's what he wants.
He doesn't want that, that's the point.

He's happy with being a superstar at lower leagues. I don't think he wants to even represent international.

Because he might fail in Blast or big bash because of the pitches and quality of bowing.

The surgery wave has just started but can it shake the big man of the Pakistan team a.k.a Azam Khan

Aamer Jamal in a recent interview termed Azam Khan as the toughest bowler he has ever faced yet:

“In Pakistan, I don't want to bowl to Azam (Khan). The reason is that in white-ball cricket, you have only two or three options. You can either bowl a yorker, a slower ball, or a bouncer,"

“Whenever I bowled to Azam, he hit me very badly. He hits the ball very hard. When I bowled to him in the last match, I told him not to hit straight because I didn’t even have time to blink,”

Aamer Jamal on Azam's recent sloppy run:

"I think Azam is under pressure because he didn't have a good start, whether it was his debut or comeback. As a player, I will never criticise Azam. If you want to develop a player, the process should be to give him opportunities in conditions where he has performed well. This builds his confidence and boosts his performance, enabling him to deliver in any condition,”

Aamer Jamal on Azam's recent sloppy run:

"I think Azam is under pressure because he didn't have a good start, whether it was his debut or comeback. As a player, I will never criticise Azam. If you want to develop a player, the process should be to give him opportunities in conditions where he has performed well. This builds his confidence and boosts his performance, enabling him to deliver in any condition,”
Azam Khan has already had too many opportunities. He doesn't seem serious about his cricketing career otherwise with such weight nobody would be allowed to come near to domestic cricket.

I think Azam is more talented than Saim or Haris. He strikes the ball more cleanly and more powerfully and isn’t over predicting like those two tend to do. You could see the difference, Azam easily dismantled Ireland while Saim struggled. Even his domestic t20 stats it’s extremely rare to be putting up those sort of numbers at such a high SR at a more difficult position lower down.

But I don’t think he’ll ever succeed at internationals because of his weight. Too easy to take advantage of it. He also was just a complete liability on the field, his keeping and fielding were awful and it will be difficult to offset that even if he performs with the bat.

But I think in general people really underrate just how talented this guy is. And probably overrate some of the others.

I think Azam is more talented than Saim or Haris. He strikes the ball more cleanly and more powerfully and isn’t over predicting like those two tend to do. You could see the difference, Azam easily dismantled Ireland while Saim struggled. Even his domestic t20 stats it’s extremely rare to be putting up those sort of numbers at such a high SR at a more difficult position lower down.

But I don’t think he’ll ever succeed at internationals because of his weight. Too easy to take advantage of it. He also was just a complete liability on the field, his keeping and fielding were awful and it will be difficult to offset that even if he performs with the bat.

But I think in general people really underrate just how talented this guy is. And probably overrate some of the others.
I’m afraid the only thing where his talent exceeds everyone else’s is when it comes to eating. He is categorically unmatched in any and all facets of eating. Take a bow, Azam Khan.

Talent is nothing if you are not a hard worker and Azam Khan is not the guy who works hard.

He is not rated high because his performance in internationals is even worse than any tailender. If he is not willing to learn from his mistakes and work hard for his fitness then he is not needed.

What talent are we talking about,

1. No runs at the international level
2. Technique badly exposed against pace and spin
3. Cannot handle pressure at all

All a bowler has to do is keep ball away from his arc and Azam Khan will throw his wicket away cheaply..

I disagree with your statement, he has no talent...

Azam talented lol

What talent are we talking about,

1. No runs at the international level
2. Technique badly exposed against pace and spin
3. Cannot handle pressure at all

All a bowler has to do is keep ball away from his arc and Azam Khan will throw his wicket away cheaply..

I disagree with your statement, he has no talent...
He has some talent but his lazy reflexes won't allow him to showcase it. That's why until he loses weight he can't succeed at the international level.

Azam khan had a bad outing today in CPL game., He scored just 9 runs off 9 balls, playing for Guyana Amazon Warriors against Antigua and Barbuda Falcons.

How bad is this guy?

This guy is playing CPL these days.

Today, his team Guyana Amazon Warriors scored 266 runs in their 20 overs and imagine how many he scored out of those 266?

He scored a pathetic 2 runs off 4 balls. He is not even fit enough for any league now and we played this guy in t20 world cup.

This guy is playing CPL these days.

Today, his team Guyana Amazon Warriors scored 266 runs in their 20 overs and imagine how many he scored out of those 266?

He scored a pathetic 2 runs off 4 balls. He is not even fit enough for any league now and we played this guy in t20 world cup.
He's the worst player to ever play for pakistan period.

Shan is the worst test player to have played for pakistan factoring in 50 games or more with asad shafiq being pakistan's worst odi player factoring in 50 games or more

But azam khan is the absolute worst..I literally cannot think of a single batter worse then him, be it imran butt or adnan akmal or anyone really.

Honestly curious since I haven't seen this being answered anywhere. Does Azam Khan have a medical issue (like many people) where he can't lose weight no matter what. If it's the first issue, then I sympathize with him. If later is the case, then he should be booted from the team forever till he takes his health seriously. You get into a team of 11 in a country where cricket is literally played by everyone. You don't have the self respect for yourself or the country you are representing instead you prioritize food above everything else (again if later is the case).

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate this guy's press conferences, it's as if he takes pride in being overweight and has no plans to change his body composition. Lazy lazy player, should be kept away from international side at any cost.

When England tours Pakistan for the three-test series in October, let’s haven Azam Khan as the substitute fielder! As England play bazzball, picture him in the outfield, cheerfully chasing after balls while simultaneously shedding weight. By the time the October ends, not only will Moin Khan get to witness his son’s glory on the field, but Azam will have shed enough pounds to moonlight as a featherweight boxer. It’s a win-win: cricket, cardio, and family pride all rolled into one hilariously athletic adventure!

He's the worst player to ever play for pakistan period.

Shan is the worst test player to have played for pakistan factoring in 50 games or more with asad shafiq being pakistan's worst odi player factoring in 50 games or more

But azam khan is the absolute worst..I literally cannot think of a single batter worse then him, be it imran butt or adnan akmal or anyone really.
Shakeel Ansar...

Shakeel Ansar...
Shakeel Ansar played only 2 t20's and batted in only one bhai?

By this logic nawaz sharif is even worse since unlike shakeel, nawaz sharif has only played 1 game and got out on a duck.

Shakeel ansar got a 17 avg in List A while Nawaz Sharif got a 0.

When England tours Pakistan for the three-test series in October, let’s haven Azam Khan as the substitute fielder! As England play bazzball, picture him in the outfield, cheerfully chasing after balls while simultaneously shedding weight. By the time the October ends, not only will Moin Khan get to witness his son’s glory on the field, but Azam will have shed enough pounds to moonlight as a featherweight boxer. It’s a win-win: cricket, cardio, and family pride all rolled into one hilariously athletic adventure!
Azam Khan gains weight when he’s on the field

This guy has to accept that he is bad until his fitness concerns are dealt with. His reflexes are slow.

Shakeel Ansar played only 2 t20's and batted in only one bhai?

By this logic nawaz sharif is even worse since unlike shakeel, nawaz sharif has only played 1 game and got out on a duck.

Shakeel ansar got a 17 avg in List A while Nawaz Sharif got a 0.
Nawaz Sharif never played for Pakistan, Shakeel Ansar did.

Forget about foreign coaches does International bowlers makes him feel that he lacks in many skills? Mark Wood? Adil Rashid?

Forget about foreign coaches does International bowlers makes him feel that he lacks in many skills? Mark Wood? Adil Rashid?
I guess they did. Exposed him badly. Making him probably the worst guy to play for pakistan in wc

Azam Khan's team had to chase a modest total of just 100 runs in 20 overs in CPL game, and this guy was also promoted up the order and batted at number 4 but he was still pathetic.

Got out for a duck off 4 balls. LOL

He will never improve until he plays 4 day cricket.

He will soon have no league cricket calling him either.

He needs to consistently be playing every FC domestic tournament and even if it means shunning a league or two for his own betterment.

He needs to consistently be playing every FC domestic tournament and even if it means shunning a league or two for his own betterment.
And he left the one-day domestic cup which could get him selected for the national team if he performed but he chose to play t20 cricket where he is getting ducks regularly...LOL

As if azam khan can play 4 day lol, he'd pass out on day 1

And he left the one-day domestic cup which could get him selected for the national team if he performed but he chose to play t20 cricket where he is getting ducks regularly...LOL
He wouldn't have performed there either.

He is terrible atm and can only hit a lucky six or two.

He doesn't even a defense and misses straight balls.

I refuse to beleive that in a cricket crazy country like Pakistan with the legacy cricketers they have produced and where cricket is played very competitively at every level, there isn’t a better option than Azam Khan. No amount of economic or political issues justify that.

I refuse to beleive that in a cricket crazy country like Pakistan with the legacy cricketers they have produced and where cricket is played very competitively at every level, there isn’t a better option than Azam Khan. No amount of economic or political issues justify that.
have you checked his strike rate?

good for Pakistan cricket that he is staying in West Indies and doing wonders there... lol

Azam Khan is finished not just for International cricket but also for leagues, i am saying it because it is evident from his body language and intent.

He has had a poor start in the CPL this year.

He was out on a duck in the last game and hasn't really gotten off in the 3 innings so far.

Moin Khan in a recent interview accused Ramiz Raja of demoralizing his son, Azam Khan:

"In the 2022 (2021) World Cup, Azam was also selected for the team, but Ramiz Raja dropped him. At that time, if the chief selector had made a wrong selection, he should have been removed, but they didn't have the courage, and as a result, they demoralized a young player. In this World Cup as well, you can see how he played,"

"I watched the entire World Cup and the matches leading up to it, and it seemed like Azam was the number one choice for wicketkeeping and batting. Then suddenly, after just one match, the entire strategy was changed. Azam wasn't given a chance to keep wickets after one match and was dropped after getting out on the very first ball,"

"I'm not saying that all the blame lies with the team management and the captain; Azam has his own shortcomings too. He needs to make himself physically and mentally stronger, follow the fitness routines of other sportsmen. For the past month or so, I've noticed he's been working hard to improve his fitness with his trainer Shehzar Mohammad, even taking him along to the Caribbean League,"

Moin Khan in a recent interview accused Ramiz Raja of demoralizing his son, Azam Khan:

"In the 2022 (2021) World Cup, Azam was also selected for the team, but Ramiz Raja dropped him. At that time, if the chief selector had made a wrong selection, he should have been removed, but they didn't have the courage, and as a result, they demoralized a young player. In this World Cup as well, you can see how he played,"

"I watched the entire World Cup and the matches leading up to it, and it seemed like Azam was the number one choice for wicketkeeping and batting. Then suddenly, after just one match, the entire strategy was changed. Azam wasn't given a chance to keep wickets after one match and was dropped after getting out on the very first ball,"

"I'm not saying that all the blame lies with the team management and the captain; Azam has his own shortcomings too. He needs to make himself physically and mentally stronger, follow the fitness routines of other sportsmen. For the past month or so, I've noticed he's been working hard to improve his fitness with his trainer Shehzar Mohammad, even taking him along to the Caribbean League,"
Yeah it was Ramiz’s fault how Azam Khan has tripled his calories intake over the last 3 years.

means still he is trying to save his son here no wonder why Azam Khan is not willing to lose his weight.

I think Moin Khan needs to stop being a loving mother and start being a tough father.

Like come on bro, ik he's your son and all, but if I was a parent I'd be livid, since this isn't even about cricket anymore.

Like no offence Moin bhai, the moment he reaches 35-40, one injury to knees and he's cooked. Kuda ka khoof karo, your loving mentality is part of the reason azam is this way as well

I understand why Moin Khan is so angry but he has to face the truth. Azam Khan is making his own life difficult by choosing not to listen to anyone. He has fitness issues, 100%.

He needs to lose weight for his own self so that he can be a better player.

WHy doesn't this guy accept that he is a pathetic player?

Today, he was sent in as an opener and he scored 3 runs off 4 balls. What number can he play on??

Reality is, he cannot play.

Azam Khan played 4 games in CPL so far and his scores were 9, 2, 0 and 3.

He was dropped after that. That much mediocre and pathetic this guy is. Averages 8 in t20I and now he is trying to be even worse than those stats in leagues as well.

FITNESS OR PERFORMANCE?

Perhaps this is why he responds, 'Let's focus on performance, not fitness,' when questioned about his physical condition by the media

FITNESS OR PERFORMANCE?

Perhaps this is why he responds, 'Let's focus on performance, not fitness,' when questioned about his physical condition by the media

So this lump of lard has taken a stumping what do you want to give him? Gold medal/ice cream

IMG_4382.png

FITNESS OR PERFORMANCE?

His father once said in the media "How can I stop my child from eating something?" So you can now imagine how important fitness is for this father son duo.

His fitness nor his performance is worth selecting him in any team atm. He is a dead weight for any team of the world.

After consecutive failures, Amazon Warriors decided to send Azam Khan as an opener and it eventually worked to some extent as he got a start in tonight's CPL match but again this bablu couldn't capitalize on it and did what he never paid for, he thrown his wicket after scoring 26 runs off 17 deliveries against the Barbados Royals.

After consecutive failures, Amazon Warriors decided to send Azam Khan as an opener and it eventually worked to some extent as he got a start in tonight's CPL match but again this bablu couldn't capitalize on it and did what he never paid for, he thrown his wicket after scoring 26 runs off 17 deliveries against the Barbados Royals.
Gurbaz 7 off 5 in the same match opening with him.

Today, Azam Khan scored 26 off 17 balls in a CPL game where his team scored a mammoth total of 219 and won the game in the end.

This is nowhere near the batter we are looking for. This guy failed in whole CPL till now no matter the number he played on. Franchises are wasting their money on this guy.

Today, Azam Khan scored 26 off 17 balls in a CPL game where his team scored a mammoth total of 219 and won the game in the end.

This is nowhere near the batter we are looking for. This guy failed in whole CPL till now no matter the number he played on. Franchises are wasting their money on this guy.
What are you looking for exactly?

What are you looking for exactly?
Certainly not these stats for an international player.

kyZTqYW.png

Here you go, brother:

S4GWVEG.png

I know that you were hoping that I will quote rizwan here,,,LOL but no. SKY i an ideal T20 player that we need.
Can you share stats of T20 openers you like and want for Pakistan?

I’m struggling to understand what your argument is here having said Azam’s 27 off 17….which helped his side score 217 is not what Pakistan is looking for.

I’m struggling to understand what your argument is here having said Azam’s 27 off 17….which helped his side score 217 is not what Pakistan is looking for.
DID YOU WATCH THIS GUY'S PREVIOUS INNINGS???? ALl OF THEM??

Is azam Khan the opener that you want for Pakistan???

look at his previous scores in CPL. HIs international record is pathetic. You want this mediocrity??? good luck

DID YOU WATCH THIS GUY'S PREVIOUS INNINGS???? ALl OF THEM??
I saw the last innings where he made 25 odd again, his team won

His team has won the last 3 matches and are 2nd on the table. They recognise him as their big match winner because he has been that for them in the past. They want to make him work for them. They will be rewarded.

Is azam Khan the opener that you want for Pakistan???

look at his previous scores in CPL. HIs international record is pathetic. You want this mediocrity??? good luck
If I had a choice between Babar, Rizwan and Azam Khan to open for me in T20s…I know the 2 who I most certainly don’t want.

I would take Azam, Khushdil, Asif Ali, Iftikhar even, probably Shadab as well, maybe let me throw Shaheen into it ANY DAY as T20 openers over Babar and Rizwan.

Any day pal. Any day.

You and I are different, I believe in playing this game in the right way.

Gurbaz is performing consistently so failure once in a while is acceptable but what Azam Khan is doing with his franchise is just draining their money in a khu.
We will see. Wait for the tournament to end or Guyana Amazon Warriors to be knocked out

Revisit this post in 5 years- either you will see a fit Azam Khan playing for Pak

Or

He will be playing legends league, T10 and other lower tier tournaments.

Nothing in between.

I caught up on a cpl match a week ago, the guy can hardly complete 2 runs. He can hit 6’s but between all the dots and missed strike rotation, it will give you the same returns. In fact might be counter productive unless it is an absolute road.

Maybe if impact sub rule gets impelemented like IPL in all leagues and internationals, he might have a chance.

I am still kind of justifying him but sorry such players should be nowhere near main first class sides leave alone internationals unless they have something really outstanding to offer.

Revisit this post in 5 years- either you will see a fit Azam Khan playing for Pak

Or

He will be playing legends league, T10 and other lower tier tournaments.

Nothing in between.

I caught up on a cpl match a week ago, the guy can hardly complete 2 runs. He can hit 6’s but between all the dots and missed strike rotation, it will give you the same returns. In fact might be counter productive unless it is an absolute road.

Maybe if impact sub rule gets impelemented like IPL in all leagues and internationals, he might have a chance.

I am still kind of justifying him but sorry such players should be nowhere near main first class sides leave alone internationals unless they have something really outstanding to offer.
Is that your headache or the franchise that’s investing money to play him? He was retained by AGW, he’s been retained by DV in the ILT20 and will be retained again by IU. He’s getting retained every season by those who are investing a lot of money for him to play….why don’t you email them your concerns? They might realise upon your email that they are wrong about him?

Is that your headache or the franchise that’s investing money to play him? He was retained by AGW, he’s been retained by DV in the ILT20 and will be retained again by IU. He’s getting retained every season by those who are investing a lot of money for him to play….why don’t you email them your concerns? They might realise upon your email that they are wrong about him?
If he is making money and getting opportunities good for him.

If people are spending their money on him- none of my business.

However as a cricket fan- no way you can convince me that in Pak where every gully there is a cricket match going on, there isn’t a better alternative than Azam Kham. I feel bad for himand don’t approve of the body shaming and toxic criticism but c’mon.

However as a cricket fan- no way you can convince me that in Pak where every gully there is a cricket match going on, there isn’t a better alternative than Azam Kham. I feel bad for himand don’t approve of the body shaming and toxic criticism but c’mon.
Who’s the better alternative these franchises want to invest in from Pakistan? I’m talking about the top tier T20 leagues? Not Bangla premier league or Canada league. Which alternative in Pakistan is being hired?

Mention Pakistan batters who have a higher strike rate than him. If you can't then accept you are wrong about him.

Who’s the better alternative these franchises want to invest in from Pakistan? I’m talking about the top tier T20 leagues? Not Bangla premier league or Canada league. Which alternative in Pakistan is being hired?

I personally think in a fair trial he won’t make it in PSL too. However I don’t deny he can hit big which is his only asset. So some flashy performances in PSL and a lot of time on hands as he doesn’t play any other format, he has a name value that makes smaller leagues hire him.

Ifthikar is 20 times the batsman Azam Khan is apples to apples.

Back