[VIDEOS] "Foreign coaches never make me feel that I am lacking in any skills, but that is not how I feel when I play for the Pakistan team": Azam Khan

This video is doing the rounds on social media and it sounds like Babar is allegedly saying to Azam Khan ‘Yeh Gainda nahi siddha hoya (This Gainda hasn’t gotten straight yet’)’ in front of the entire Pakistan cricket team while they enjoyed a light football session.

View attachment 144187
lol.. Babar Azam plz take it easy... he is ur match winner!

Believe it or not he did. All he cares is about Karachi players. He's not a Pakistan supporter.
You do realise pakistani supporters means supporting Pakistan correct?

How is someone only supporting karachi players and shunning others different from you only hating on 2017 players or anyone in a similar mould?

Believe it or not he did. All he cares is about Karachi players. He's not a Pakistan supporter.
Nope I support match winners and players that put the team first. Is it a coincidence that most of the players who fit the description are from Karachi? Sure

On the other hand you support entitled stat padders who have done nothing but humiliated us on the big stage

If you were a true Pakistan fan then at the very least you would have some respect for Saifi, you know that captain who won us 2 ICC trophies. Do you have to love the guy? No but fact that you bring him up in every post just shows that your primary interest is not Pakistan cricket but rather certain players

Nope I support match winners and players that put the team first. Is it a coincidence that most of the players who fit the description are from Karachi? Sure

On the other hand you support entitled stat padders who have done nothing but humiliated us on the big stage

If you were a true Pakistan fan then at the very least you would have some respect for Saifi, you know that captain who won us 2 ICC trophies. Do you have to love the guy? No but fact that you bring him up in every post just shows that your primary interest is not Pakistan cricket but rather certain players
Currently all the Karachi players are as rubbish as they come bar Saim. Where are these so called match winners.

At the moment a cricket player who is in shape of a sumo wrestler is representing Karachi. You must be proud of that.

Sarfraz happened to be a captain of Pakistan when they won ICC champions trophy and I am grateful he helped us win it. Does that mean I won't call him out for being a rubbish player?

I could care less about an u19 world cup. No one cares about them are than sarfraz fans.

The fact is you support Karachi not Pakistan. The so called stat padders are your best players in Pakistan not rubbish Karachi players like danish Aziz etc.

Currently all the Karachi players are as rubbish as they come bar Saim. Where are these so called match winners.

At the moment a cricket player who is in shape of a sumo wrestler is representing Karachi. You must be proud of that.

Sarfraz happened to be a captain of Pakistan when they won ICC champions trophy and I am grateful he helped us win it. Does that mean I won't call him out for being a rubbish player?

I could care less about an u19 world cup. No one cares about them are than sarfraz fans.

The fact is you support Karachi not Pakistan. The so called stat padders are your best players in Pakistan not rubbish Karachi players like danish Aziz etc.
Ba/ riz best players in Pakistan? Since when

Mir Hamza is not rubbish, he was our best bowler in Australia this year outperforming Shaheen and Babar's favourite Hassan Ali

Abrar Ahmed is not rubbish, he is easily our best test spinner and miles ahead of his competition

Saud Shakeel is not rubbish, he is the only batsmen in test match history to score 7 50s in his first 7 test matches. Even after being sidelined for years by Misbah, he has already proven to be a better bat than Babar in the longer format

Sarfraz Ahmed is not rubbish, he has twice the amount of test hundreds compared to Rizwan and if you look at how both performed during our 22/23 homes series than it's pretty obvious who is superior

The rest- Sharjeel, Danish, Omair, Dahani, Saud, Fawad etc - are easily better than whatever alternatives Babar decides to choose. It is unfortunate that the boys from Karachi are not given the chances to prove themselves

Anyhow you can question my support for Pakistan as much as you want but the fact is I would never dare disrespect Saifi, Younis or Imran (in a cricketing sense) as they have bestowed upon us so many memories of happiness. However it seems that you are content with slandering and disrespecting a great captain all because your current Gilchrist continues to embarrass us on the international stage :ba_shock:rizwan

Azam Khan might play the game against USA as well. He is going to smash them and then he will also play the next games where he might fail badly. He could be a 1-match wonder in this whole event.

This thread is not about Karachi or any other region to be discussed.

Please stay on topic.

Last edited:
The former Pakistan captain, during a show on a local sports media outlet, talked about Azam Khan's recent form and the criticism he has received:

"If he doesn't have the fitness and that shape, we shouldn't criticize him too much. We usually go below the belt and cross the limits. It shouldn't be like that."

"Azam Khan has reached this position, and before playing for Pakistan, he has played in PSL and has given performances."

"So, the same people, they were saying he is the only one, that we don't have better middle-order batter like him, given his splendid hitting and strike rate."

"They are now suddenly criticizing him after one match where he dropped a catch and didn't perform. Instead of criticizing his game, we have headed in another direction. This shouldn't be the case."

"On the other hand, if we put ourselves in Azam Khan's place, I think Azam Khan needs to show some seriousness. We all know he can't be as lean as Shoaib Malik or other cricketers, but he could have done better with his fitness."

"There was a time when he reduced his weight, did training, and delivered performances. Nowadays, I have observed that the discipline he had in the past has been given up, and I can see that he has increased his body weight. So, he also needs to think about it - if there are no performances, criticism will come, and even a player like Virat Kohli gets criticized. He needs to get mentally stronger, and criticism will come, but he should just stay focused for the longer run."

The former Pakistan captain, during a show on a local sports media outlet, talked about Azam Khan's recent form and the criticism he has received:

"If he doesn't have the fitness and that shape, we shouldn't criticize him too much. We usually go below the belt and cross the limits. It shouldn't be like that."

"Azam Khan has reached this position, and before playing for Pakistan, he has played in PSL and has given performances."

"So, the same people, they were saying he is the only one, that we don't have better middle-order batter like him, given his splendid hitting and strike rate."

"They are now suddenly criticizing him after one match where he dropped a catch and didn't perform. Instead of criticizing his game, we have headed in another direction. This shouldn't be the case."

"On the other hand, if we put ourselves in Azam Khan's place, I think Azam Khan needs to show some seriousness. We all know he can't be as lean as Shoaib Malik or other cricketers, but he could have done better with his fitness."

"There was a time when he reduced his weight, did training, and delivered performances. Nowadays, I have observed that the discipline he had in the past has been given up, and I can see that he has increased his body weight. So, he also needs to think about it - if there are no performances, criticism will come, and even a player like Virat Kohli gets criticized. He needs to get mentally stronger, and criticism will come, but he should just stay focused for the longer run."
Dear lord.

No words for how bad he is at this level.

Perhaps the worst to ever play for Pakistan when you combine batting + keeping skills.

Had a chance to impress today in a pressure situation, but a disappointing effort. That was a conventional off spin delivery, basically a stock ball. A batsman shouldn’t be getting out to those in international cricket.

They got rid of one passenger in saim

They now need rid of this guy should have taken that irfan niazi instead or salman agha

Azam Khan started getting hate by the spectators!

NvT5LuQ.jpeg

Azam is a karma for Wahab who used to mock Mohammad Waseem on TV

You were supporting him above shadab at 5.

I said they have a rubbish middle order but shadab is way ahead of Azam and better than Iftikhar.

And @Rana has gone quite on all that chat ahout shadab isn’t as good as Livingston so Az should bat 5.
Did I? I don't remember. I specifically have highlighted the team that I want selected and that I don't support any member or even azam for that matter.

I'm 100% sure I always said Imad wasim at no 5 and not azam. Everyone knows how much I dislike azam and my opinions on azam is the only thing me and Rana Bhai disagree with as I don't know what his opinions on azam are besides him calling azam Mark Henry lol.

You were supporting him above shadab at 5.

I said they have a rubbish middle order but shadab is way ahead of Azam and better than Iftikhar.

And @Rana has gone quite on all that chat ahout shadab isn’t as good as Livingston so Az should bat 5.
Shadab is as good as Livingstone now at 5 because he smashed some trundler of USA? The guy he smashed isn’t an international standard bowler

Shadab is as good as Livingstone now at 5 because he smashed some trundler of USA? The guy he smashed isn’t an international standard bowler
Bro I supported imad wasim at 5. I don't recall ever asking azam as a no 5.

@Forum363 can you link me the post on where I said azam at 5?

Have you seen Haris’s keeping? Horrendous & his batting ain’t much better than his keeping.. rizwan should have been the only keeper in the squad.
Haris is way better than this Babloo. In fact even if you play him only as a batter he is still worth it.

Even Naseem Shah is a better hitter than this so-called pinch hitter who is good for nothing and can only hit 1 thing and that is (NERVES OF CRICKET FANS). Lets just drop him for good 3-4 years please.

Last edited:
In the Headline he himself says he lacks skills to play for Pakistan. I wonder why he is being forced to play for the national squad.

And am sure, to troll me, in the next game against India he will go on to score 16 ball 50... :afridi

I really hope we never see this pathetic player ever again.

Never should this arrogant guy get the honor of wearing a Pakistan shirt before EVERY single domestic cricketer that will come through the system.

I can’t even imagine what they would be thinking watching this nepotistic represent a proud cricketing nation.

No foreign coach is mad enough to keep backing him and say that you have all the skills. Nobody can save this guy from criticism after such a pathetic performance.

Players who go through the grind of domestic cricket, keep themselves fit, all in the hope of someday representing Pakistan.... and then they see this. A guy who bypassed all the hard work, yet made it to the playing XI and keeps getting chances despite being unable to field, run, dive, score runs!

If PCB are so heavily invested in making Azam a success, the least they can do is ensure that he plays a few seasons of domestic cricket on a regular basis.

A banner at the USA game with a message for Azam :D

JZMFna3.jpeg
I understand that Azam Khan is unfit and deserves criticism, but when mocking becomes excessive, it is inappropriate. Making fun of someone's appearance is unfortunate, and we should fear Allah. I used to do this when I was young; everyone laughed, and I enjoyed it without realizing I was hurting that person and their family's feelings. I see a similar trend here and wish we could stop mocking people. I hope these kids' parents can intervene and tell them to stop before it's too late. It's easy to target someone, but karma will always come back, and you will be responsible for your actions

I understand that Azam Khan is unfit and deserves criticism, but when mocking becomes excessive, it is inappropriate. Making fun of someone's appearance is unfortunate, and we should fear Allah. I used to do this when I was young; everyone laughed, and I enjoyed it without realizing I was hurting that person and their family's feelings. I see a similar trend here and wish we could stop mocking people. I hope these kids' parents can intervene and tell them to stop before it's too late. It's easy to target someone, but karma will always come back, and you will be responsible for your actions
He deserves to be mocked.

He has been part of this system for the past four years, he has only got worse with time.

The selectors should also be shot for this terrible selection. Someone like Haider Ali is infinitely better than Azam Khan will ever be, but he’s not anywhere near the team at the moment.

He has been part of this system for the past four years, he has only got worse with time.

The selectors should also be shot for this terrible selection. Someone like Haider Ali is infinitely better than Azam Khan will ever be, but he’s not anywhere near the team at the moment.

Yes, his performance is terrible and he should be dropped, and the selectors should be criticized. No doubt about it. But that’s not the main point. Making fun of someone is not right. Name-calling and such behavior are morally wrong. We should strive to be better. Sorry for derailing the topic. This is a cricket forum, not a place for preaching. I'm just bummed because our team played horribly and deserves all the criticism

Haris is an opener there’s already infighting as to who’s going to open. You can’t play him at 6
Haris can bat anywhere from 1 to 7. Infact In acc emerging cup while he was captain he played himself at no 6

Haris can bat anywhere from 1 to 7. Infact In acc emerging cup while he was captain he played himself at no 6
This is why Pak cricket is the pits everyone batting out of position there’s no numbers 4 5 6 batsman in the country hence parchis like azam get in..

This is why Pak cricket is the pits everyone batting out of position there’s no numbers 4 5 6 batsman in the country hence parchis like azam get in..
Naw, our acc emerging cup team is strong and capable of reaching semi's.

Tayyab, Salman, Saud, qasim akram, omair bin yousaf. Their All genuine middle order batsmen. It doesn't matter if some of them aren't suited to t20 because their still batters.

Azam, Chacha and Shadab are not batsmen, I've been saying this since last year.

Rana is telling you the truth

who’s going to bat for Pakistan in that position?
He averages 8 after 13 innings in international cricket. He is the most rubbish batsman to ever play international cricket for a Test nation.

Pakistan have a lot of poor batsmen in the middle-order.

Asif Ali, Khushdil Shah, Haider Ali, Nawaz etc., and all these guys are better than Azam which tells us how embarrassing he is.

Shahid Afridi must be close to 50 and he is probably still better than him. Shoaib Malik is still better than him and will probably be fitter than him even when he is 80.

Pakistan can literally pick anyone from the above list and they will get more output than they would from Azam Khan who is as big a liability as we have ever seen at this level.

He wouldn’t be anywhere near this level if he wasn’t Moin Khan’s son, who himself was an average cricketer but a legend of the game compared to his son.

Azam Khan has no redeeming qualities. There is no upside to his selection. He offers nothing to the team and he never will. He is a massive loser (pun intended) and anyone who is supporting him at this point is thoroughly embarrassing himself/herself.

The biggest upcoming slap on PCB's sorry face would be Azam himself going out, rather than being kicked out. And stating he doesn't trust their amateur setup.

Such is the entitlement that this clown is going to go rogue and venomous. You can sense it.

And the PCB would be left to justify that they bent the rules to accommodate his 'talent'. They'll be left to stating rhetorics. While the non-performer will go out on a high.

He wouldn’t be anywhere near this level if he wasn’t Moin Khan’s son, who himself was an average cricketer but a legend of the game compared to his son.

You could say the same for Imam ul Haq, who was fortunate to have his uncle as the CS at the time of his selection, also to debut against minnows just to secure his spot in the team.

You don’t have a problem with nepotism, so you really should stop mentioning it for other players.

You could say the same for Imam ul Haq, who was fortunate to have his uncle as the CS at the time of his selection, also to debut against minnows just to secure his spot in the team.

You don’t have a problem with nepotism, so you really should stop mentioning it for other players.

The difference here is that Imam ul Haq has a genuinely impressive resume in ODI cricket, there was genuine talent in limited overs cricket that his uncle identified and therefore brought him into the fold. Inzi is gone from the setup yet Imam still remains first choice odi opener. Nepotism can work, with Azam Khan clearly nepotism hasn't worked.

The difference here is that Imam ul Haq has a genuinely impressive resume in ODI cricket, there was genuine talent in limited overs cricket that his uncle identified and therefore brought him into the fold. Inzi is gone from the setup yet Imam still remains first choice odi opener. Nepotism can work, with Azam Khan clearly nepotism hasn't worked.

His selection to the national team wasn’t on merit. My point is that if it was anyone else as the CS then Imam wouldn’t have had the opportunity to play for Pakistan…especially when he was averaging just around 30 in domestic cricket.

As soon as Abid Ali scored that 100 on debut, he and fakhar should have gone for world cup plain and simple. Abid Ali had a heart attack post cup infact a year after.

Imam got a respite over him because of connections, infact when abid made his debut, they replaced him with fakhar and not Imam.

Lastly Imam deserved odi call up, he was made into a frontline test opener as well despite averaging 35 in fc at the time.

He was also being considered as a t20 opener and even got one call up and then another in 2020 which he didn't warrant.

It's hilarious how he was out stomach before wicket on the first ball against someone who plays cricket as a part time hobby.

Imam is Brian Lara compared to Azam Khan.

You are also right that I don’t have a problem with nepotism. Nepotism isn’t always bad if it creates opportunities for the right people.

There is a fine line between nepotism and networking. We all need some connections in different fields of life to make our way.

The most successful domestic cricketer in Pakistan history, Fawad Alam, is also a product of nepotism.

With his funny looking technique, he would not get picked in any trial anywhere in the country where players only get a few balls to make an impression.

The only reason why he broke into the system was because of his father. If he was from a non- cricketing family, he would have never played club cricket let alone FC cricket, but it is an example of justified nepotism.

Imam has been a prolific ODI opener for Pakistan and he has done better than most ODI openers that have played for Pakistan in the last 10-15 years. It is a fact whether you like it or not.

As soon as Abid Ali scored that 100 on debut, he and fakhar should have gone for world cup plain and simple. Abid Ali had a heart attack post cup infact a year after.

Imam got a respite over him because of connections, infact when abid made his debut, they replaced him with fakhar and not Imam.

Lastly Imam deserved odi call up, he was made into a frontline test opener as well despite averaging 35 in fc at the time.

He was also being considered as a t20 opener and even got one call up and then another in 2020 which he didn't warrant.
rizwan also scored a 100 or 2 100s if i remember correctly, why wasnt he selected especially considering we didnt have any backup wk. Also in that austrailia series all of the main players were rested. Abid replacing fakhar actually indicated fakhars position as the main opener at the time. Abid didnt help his case by scoring 120 runs in the next 5 matches at age 33. imam was clearly the better option. As for test opening i agree however i dont remember if the other options we had at the time were any better.

rizwan also scored a 100 or 2 100s if i remember correctly, why wasnt he selected especially considering we didnt have any backup wk. Also in that austrailia series all of the main players were rested. Abid replacing fakhar actually indicated fakhars position as the main opener at the time. Abid didnt help his case by scoring 120 runs in the next 5 matches at age 33. imam was clearly the better option. As for test opening i agree however i dont remember if the other options we had at the time were any better.
Well rizwan shpuld have gotten selected for abid. Pakistan has always been poor in selections, but the nepotistic culture has always been present.

Haris is an opener there’s already infighting as to who’s going to open. You can’t play him at 6
I am sure he can do better than the whale who averages 1 against spin and 8 in his career

So people are now not allowed to criticise players in case we hurt their little feelings... In the real world if I'm the worst person ever at my job, then having people laughing at me would be the least of my worries. Yet we know Azam will use his connections to keep his place in the team and we must not mock him in case we get bad "karma".

Last edited by a moderator:
To play Azam today or to not play him?

I think the management got a real dilemma right now
If they play him today AGAIN, it will be a proven fact 100% that Azam has got some powerful connections and he is undroppable(which is already known to everyone)

Thats because foreign coaches aren't invested in the betterment of Pakistan cricket, they simply arrive on Pakistani shores to earn a paycheck.

How could he possibly be picked after the disastrous game against USA and the games in England before that?
There are many indications that he'll be dropped today.
He was groomed for such a long time to be unleashed against this opposition. Sad...

There is no one to replace him with unless we play Saim and one of Rizwan or Babar bat lower down.

There is no one to replace him with unless we play Saim and one of Rizwan or Babar bat lower down.

Then replace him with Saim. He can't bat any worse than Azam regardless of if it's opening or the middle order. He can certainly field better.

Finally he has been dropped. Although he might be back later on I guess.

Pakistan made the right decision by dropping Azam Khan for the match against India.

Back