[VIDEOS] "Foreign coaches never make me feel that I am lacking in any skills, but that is not how I feel when I play for the Pakistan team": Azam Khan

Mention Pakistan batters who have a higher strike rate than him. If you can't then accept you are wrong about him.
Bro if I play 2 games and I score 4*(1) and 8(4) I will also have a strike rate of 240 (someone correct my math if iam wrong). Can he play according to situation or back to the wall knock that doesn’t involve blind slogging, rotating strike, carrying your batting partner etc? Don’t think so.

Bro if I play 2 games and I score 4*(1) and 8(4) I will also have a strike rate of 240 (someone correct my math if iam wrong). Can he play according to situation or back to the wall knock that doesn’t involve blind slogging, rotating strike, carrying your batting partner etc? Don’t think so.
Azam Khan has score 3311 runs in t20 cricket. He didn't achieve those by just scoring single digit scores.

Will stay away from weight jibes but that is equivalent to cricket blasphemy.
You are yet to give me the list of Pakistan batter who have a higher strike rate. Name a few Pak batter who have a T20 career strike rate of 145+ with an average of 24 or more.

You are yet to give me the list of Pakistan batter who have a higher strike rate. Name a few Pak batter who have a T20 career strike rate of 145+ with an average of 24 or more.
How did he do in international cricket. Forget the low scores, I have seen some of his dismissals. Missing straight ball, getting beaten by pace and bounce. Maybe small sample size but add keeping, athletic ability and other resourcefulness, I rest my case.

also more than 145+ strike rate, are there any innings he played at 30-5 or chasing a steep target etc? What’s the sample size. If numbers are your criteria let chat gpt select the team on stats.

How did he do in international cricket. Forget the low scores, I have seen some of his dismissals. Missing straight ball, getting beaten by pace and bounce. Maybe small sample size but add keeping, athletic ability and other resourcefulness, I rest my case.

also more than 145+ strike rate, are there any innings he played at 30-5 or chasing a steep target etc? What’s the sample size. If numbers are your criteria let chat gpt select the team on stats.
He played just 13 innings in T20Is which a very small sample size. To fully assess his performance, one needs to consider his overall T20 career. His domestic T20 record demonstrates that he is among the top performers in Pakistan. So he needs to be backed him in international cricket, just as India has backed Gill based on his strong domestic FC performance. I am not making comparison but I want to convey that the best performers from domestic cricket must be backed.

He played just 13 innings in T20Is which a very small sample size. To fully assess his performance, one needs to consider his overall T20 career. His domestic T20 record demonstrates that he is among the top performers in Pakistan. So he needs to be backed him in international cricket, just as India has backed Gill based on his strong domestic FC performance. I am not making comparison but I want to convey that the best performers from domestic cricket must be backed.

I know you are not comparing but Gill, Jaiswal etc played u-19, then they played full seasons of FC, LIST A and domestic T20, then got picked for IPL. Were part of A teams etc.

A better example would be SKY. For years he was toiling in domestics, people were calling him a high s/r player too but it took many years of proving himself to get a shot: after he got the shot he started delivering in the first 2-3 games. He comes from Mumbai too so they are also very influential but it still took him all the hoops.

If this was Afghanistan or even Srilanka where cricket passion is there but not a strong robust system that such players are given a shot out of nowhere I can see it. However cmon too blatant. Had you told me Azam keeps in FC all day, has decent returns in 50 over list A and then the T20 strike rate, I can see your point.

I know you are not comparing but Gill, Jaiswal etc played u-19, then they played full seasons of FC, LIST A and domestic T20, then got picked for IPL. Were part of A teams etc.

A better example would be SKY. For years he was toiling in domestics, people were calling him a high s/r player too but it took many years of proving himself to get a shot: after he got the shot he started delivering in the first 2-3 games. He comes from Mumbai too so they are also very influential but it still took him all the hoops.

If this was Afghanistan or even Srilanka where cricket passion is there but not a strong robust system that such players are given a shot out of nowhere I can see it. However cmon too blatant. Had you told me Azam keeps in FC all day, has decent returns in 50 over list A and then the T20 strike rate, I can see your point.
we are only talking about T20s here. Why are you bringing FC, List A etc. By the way check FC average of Jake Fraser McGurk. He is getting opportunities for Aus in white ball cricket because of the promise he has shown in domestic white ball and various leagues

we are only talking about T20s here. Why are you bringing FC, List A etc. By the way check FC average of Jake Fraser McGurk. He is getting opportunities for Aus in white ball cricket because of the promise he has shown in domestic white ball and various leagues
McGurk came from u-19 pathway. Also look at his fielding and fitness levels. Even if he fails with the bat he won’t be a liability. No one points out fast tracking players like Naseem or even Saim Ayub. Right?

I don't think Azam Khan should be anywhere near Pakistan team. He looks lazy and he cannot slog quick bowlers as his reflexes are poor. The times he has gotten out it seems like he swings after the ball reaches him against fast bowlers. He is not going to succeed at the highest level unless he improves his fitness. He might bash a few second string bowlers on flat tracks in T20 leagues but that is all he is going to achieve in his career unless he takes his fitness seriously. Foriegn coaches in various T20 leagues don't care about his fitness or his career with Pakistan, so no wonder they big him up. Despite everything he still averages only 24 in T20s at a SR of 146 and I am sure Pakistan can find many players who can do that in PSL or any other leagues who are fitter than Azam. His starts are not that special.

Azam Khan is being picked up by league teams now simply because he’s a spectacle to see on the cricket field. People are paying for a chance to see the fattest man to every step foot on the cricket field.

He was scoring runs in leagues but he failed in this CPL badly and is an international failure so far. He thinks that his weight is his power so he is never going to work on it until his sanity comes back.

McGurk came from u-19 pathway. Also look at his fielding and fitness levels. Even if he fails with the bat he won’t be a liability. No one points out fast tracking players like Naseem or even Saim Ayub. Right?
So now fitness is the sole reason for you not wanting him to see playing international cricket, which is perfectly fine. But don't dismiss his impressive record in the leagues.

So now fitness is the sole reason for you not wanting him to see playing international cricket, which is perfectly fine. But don't dismiss his impressive record in the leagues.
Not a Azam Khan hater but honestly league records should not be taken seriously. Rules are different in different leagues and many cricketers over there are to collect easy paycheck. As an Indian I have seen so many IPL champions flopping in International cricket.

Not a Azam Khan hater but honestly league records should not be taken seriously. Rules are different in different leagues and many cricketers over there are to collect easy paycheck. As an Indian I have seen so many IPL champions flopping in International cricket.
disagree with most of the things you have said and but if I start countering you, we would be diverting our discussion to topics which are not relevant here. Now you tell me what should be the criteria for selecting Pakistan T20i side? And which batters do you think can help Pakistan improve?

Fitness can be match fitness too. Rohit Sharma looks out of shape too but he can score daddy 100s, can field all day and is a safe fielder. He got out of shape after establishing himself. Inzi could score test 300s and take slip catches all day. Azam Khan has one quality of hitting 6s in leagues. Can he do against quality bowling- don’t think so. Even a no.10 tailender might hit Cummins or Bumrah for a 6 or 2 once in a while but that carries 0 value.

Let’s see Azam Khan- can’t keep at the highest level with that fitness, can’t be used as a fielder, can’t play long innings, can’t rotate strike or run fast.

I am confused bro- you want Rizwan who can keep and score consistent runs and has cricket awareness and is fit if you ignore drama breaks but you want one of the most one-dimensional (no pun intended) league cricketers to walk into the side?

Yes he will, if fraser fails with the bat he'll be a liability. That's like shadab Khan or Shan masood are not a liability cause their fit.

You're a batter, you need to bat well

Yes he will, if fraser fails with the bat he'll be a liability. That's like shadab Khan or Shan masood are not a liability cause their fit.

Correct, if you are a batter you need multiple “batting” qualities- running between wickets, game temperament,’play according to situation, solid defense and proper strokeplay, footwork. Can you tell me what qualities of the above Azam possesses? Yes he can hit a 6 but so can Umesh Yadav, Mitchell Starc or Haris Rauf.

disagree with most of the things you have said and but if I start countering you, we would be diverting our discussion to topics which are not relevant here. Now you tell me what should be the criteria for selecting Pakistan T20i side? And which batters do you think can help Pakistan improve?
The mere fact that you are here defending Amal Khan the batsmen, whatever the format, is pretty telling...

But I comment you for trying to defend the indefensible

You need to stop diverting.
It's like you're intenched with the same idiots who run the cricket.

You want change? Then stop comparing players. Azam khan is rubbish on many facets.... simple. Just say it, without going to a four page essay

You need to stop diverting.
It's like you're intenched with the same idiots who run the cricket.

You want change? Then stop comparing players. Azam khan is rubbish on many facets.... simple. Just say it, without going to a four page essay
Azam khan is 100% rubbish but I don't get what your problem is?

How am I intenched with the sane idiots who run cricket when you're suggesting Babar and rizwan shpuld open for Australia in t20 with Travis head at 3?

Correct, if you are a batter you need multiple “batting” qualities- running between wickets, game temperament,’play according to situation, solid defense and proper strokeplay, footwork. Can you tell me what qualities of the above Azam possesses? Yes he can hit a 6 but so can Umesh Yadav, Mitchell Starc or Haris Rauf.
I despise azam khan lol.

Azam khan is 100% rubbish but I don't get what your problem is?

How am I intenched with the sane idiots who run cricket when you're suggesting Babar and rizwan shpuld open for Australia in t20 with Travis head at 3?

_______
^
This is a straight line

Not everyone is as rigid.

Playerw form changes, or people views about a player changes over time...
Nothing is or should be cast in stone.

So I say it again... when discussing an individual keep comparisons about other players out of it unless the topic is a comparison thread.

_______
^
This is a straight line

So I say it again... when discussing an individual keep comparisons about other players out of it unless the topic is a comparison thread.
@mominsaigol

This is the new deflection tactic. When the player they hate is compared to the failures they love, “when discussing and individual keep comparison about other players out”

_______
^
This is a straight line

How about you mind your own business rather then telling me what to do, Capiche? Maybe stay on that line and don't jump off.

How about you mind your own business rather then telling me what to do, Capiche? Maybe stay on that line and don't jump off.

I would rather do nothing more as long as you stop using stupid pathetic logic by comparing him to others player.

Fitness can be match fitness too. Rohit Sharma looks out of shape too but he can score daddy 100s, can field all day and is a safe fielder. He got out of shape after establishing himself. Inzi could score test 300s and take slip catches all day. Azam Khan has one quality of hitting 6s in leagues. Can he do against quality bowling- don’t think so. Even a no.10 tailender might hit Cummins or Bumrah for a 6 or 2 once in a while but that carries 0 value.

Let’s see Azam Khan- can’t keep at the highest level with that fitness, can’t be used as a fielder, can’t play long innings, can’t rotate strike or run fast.

I am confused bro- you want Rizwan who can keep and score consistent runs and has cricket awareness and is fit if you ignore drama breaks but you want one of the most one-dimensional (no pun intended) league cricketers to walk into the side?
I was going to agree with your points regarding fitness, fielding, running, but then i read your points regarding Umesh/Haris. Umesh Yadav and Haris Rauf have lower strike rates of 120 and 114 respectively, which is considerably less than Azam Khan's strike rate of 147. Moreover, when it comes to averages, Umesh's is 11, while Haris' is 7. You can't have a high strike rate by just scoring a 6 and then perishing like tailenders do.

And my criticism on Rizwan wasn't on his consistency but rather on his low strike rate and lack of impact. You must recall that we had a discussion over his Asia Cup final knock.

I liked Haider Ali when he first arrived on scene. He had good balance and could strike well. He was elegant to watch. I don't know what happened to him that he started playing like a slogger and was premeditating to hit every ball over mid wicket. I was sad to not see him in recent world cup. Some players need backing and support to improve and establish themselves. I don't know right criteria to pick T20 team but it should be some domestic T20 competition where all your potential local players are playing. Not all domestic cricketers get chance to play in CPL, BBL etc but they all play PSL. It is a better to judge them on basis of PSL only.

CPL is one tournament where he performed very well in the past but in this season, he has been struggling to score a lot of runs. I hope this will be the turning point for him and he will focus more on improving his fitness because in order to be successful for the long time, he must improve his fitness.

CPL is one tournament where he performed very well in the past but in this season, he has been struggling to score a lot of runs. I hope this will be the turning point for him and he will focus more on improving his fitness because in order to be successful for the long time, he must improve his fitness.
Do you really have sympathy for this non-serious nepo kid. I don’t.

He was the major reason why Pakistan’s settled T20 team became unsettled, just to accommodate this fatso.

Not a bad experiment

Azam Khan sent as an opener for Guyana Amazon Warriors and scored 26 (11) at strike rate of 236.36 against Saint Lucia Kings in CPL 2024

Back